A mutiny is brewing...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 06, 2010
5
Amy: Well Quentin if its ok, I wish to help you capture Omar.

Bonnie Anne: X Comes down from crows nest X Darn Ratbeard won rock paper scissors again...Anyone have a bottle of Yum? We ran out of gold to bet a few hours ago.

Amy: Wait so we are in the middle of a possible pirate wizard war, and you two are playing rock paper scissors
for gold?!

Bonnie Anne: Pretty much.

Amy:X Shakes head X Subodai contact the Athertons again and ask them if we can be of assistance,Ringo see if you can bribe Ratbeard down from the crows nest, and Froggo Villa your with me.

Froggo: Why?

Amy: We are going to get some repair work done on the ship, your jumping and climbing abilities will be helpful in improving the sides of the ship .

Froggo: Fine.. .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Thank you Your Highness. x removes hand from sword and backs away respectfully. x Leaves gift of Tea & Cakes x

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
70
Yeah, Bonnie was actually not arguing with Ratbeard the other day in the tavern. I was like, what? How is this possible? HOW? And Old Scratch is getting real ticked off, all this Mojo, but, well, why would HE be thinking of a mutiny? Or anything at all? He's a skeleton! He has no brain!

Captain
Feb 02, 2013
721
ya know i'm still blockaded with NO YUM here, my throats really starting to get dry, and that passage into wizard city I mentioned, well they don't sell yum there, please please HELP me, ratbeards gone crazy singing yo ho ho no bottles of yum

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
x Bows respectfully x Your Highness, royal though you may be I am a pirate who runs with Honor and by the Honor code must stand up for my friends. So, I must respectfully but firmly ask that you take back your insult to my friend Anne by calling her crazy. Anne is a lot of things but crazy is not one of them and I must defend her honor. x Bows again and waits for a response x
Yea, crazy is my job! I had dibs! XD

Ciao!

Ensign
Jun 06, 2010
5
Amy: X ties together a dozen bottles of Yum with some thin rope and wraps it in sailcloth before tying it again o over the sailcloth X There.X Loads the package onto the mail-ship that had anchored next to mine X Take this to Zuto.

Old Scratch: I have contacted the Dove family mon, I mean Captain.They should be arriving shortly.

Amy: Good.Froggo, how is that repair work going?

Froggo Villa: I have been done Captain.

Amy: Really?Your work fast .Ok now that Ratbeard is down from the crows nest and all this rock paper scissors business is done,I want you all to get this ship in top condition for the arrival of my siblings.I don't want them to be traveling all the way from Mooshu, and Marleybone for nothing!

Ringo: You heard her!Lets get going!

Amy: X walks over to side of ship X Once they are here we can begin contacting other people to see if we can assist in any way,I would hate to be against some of the pirates that are trying to protect Wizard City...if i dont make my side clear me and my crew could be in danger...never mind that though, there is work to be done!X Starts helping Ratbeard and Subodai mop the ships deck X

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
zuto4011a on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
ya know i'm still blockaded with NO YUM here, my throats really starting to get dry, and that passage into wizard city I mentioned, well they don't sell yum there, please please HELP me, ratbeards gone crazy singing yo ho ho no bottles of yum
Attaches yum bottles to Parrot mount and turns him loose with instructions to deliver them to Zuto4011 using fastest flight path.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1194
Oh, so that's where the giant parrot with the yum came from. Sorry abut the yum, but I will re-direct the parrot.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Indigo Ring on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Oh, so that's where the giant parrot with the yum came from. Sorry abut the yum, but I will re-direct the parrot.

-Indigo
You took his yum x Stomps Foot x You are now hereby forewarned, you touch any yum on any other parrot that you see that does not specifically have your name on it and you will have me and my crew to deal with .
x Releases Three parrots, one loaded up with extra yum to make up for the delay and a note of apology along with papers of ownership for said yum to be in Zuto4011's name and two to fly with as body guards with training to attack anyone except Zuto who goes near him. x

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
Anne tries again, and addresses Valona. "But your highness, Omar has already clearly stated that it is not in his interest to invade and plunder Wizard City. A shopping 'raid' perhaps, but I don't believe he means that in terms of a real raid. I think this is all just a misunderstanding. The only thing Omar did to you, as far as I can tell, is steal your ship's blueprints, plant a small bomb which was not large enough to very seriously damage your ship, and provide an escape for Clarice, who you realized had been captured by mistake anyway. I don't think those are really terrible crimes."

And if you plan to go after Omar, I will warn him, were the next words in her head, but Anne managed to stop herself from saying so, just in time. That was lucky, as usually Anne's mouth ran ahead of her brain.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Finally! Someone realizes what my deeds are (at least, how it started). I thank thee for your concern and will find some way to repay you.

With sincere thanks,

Impish Omar Underwood

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
CdeWinter on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
I'm sorry, Anne, I have to point this out but Omar is still confusing you. The shopping raid on Wizard City was my idea to begin with as a method of finally quieting down my crew. Omar has simply taken credit for it and tried to turn an innocent peaceful trade mission into nasty pirate raid.
Actually, the mix-up came when the Atherton family foiled your first attempt to go to Wizard City while on the little espionage I had to use to cover up the tracks of a certain swashbuckler (I'm talking to you Alexander Hobbes!!) who got into a bit of a mix up and unfortunately dragged me into it!
Sorry, didn't mean to yell.

-there is a loud pounding on the tavern door.-

Yikes! Time to run.

-Omar bolts to a window and runs off in the night-

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
Quentin Atherton on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
Valona: OK, sorry miss Anne, its just that Omar has been a MAJOR pain, and it has upset my fiance astronomically, he even threw a chair that went right past Bernard's head (good thing he dodge it in time). Bernard contacted Quentin's friend from the Radicals, someone by the name Dead-eyed Cassidy. She has been major help to Atherton Industries, and she is tracking down Omar as we speak.

Griffin: Don't forget, I have a position in Mooshu's Jade Fleet. I command that fleet now, and I have created new Jade Samurai Clockwork Soldiers, skilled swordsmen with the agility of a ninja, and the strength and honor of a samurai. They are looking everywhere for Omar from Sujimura to Subata. So far, nothing has come up on Omar's whereabouts.

Bernard: Even my best spies are on the hunt for this traitor, we may be pirates but we know not to betray. Omar is going to pay for turning us all against each other.
Well, well, well. Look what we have here. All I do is conjure up a little plan that I wasn't responsible for, send you off on a harmless little game, and now you want to wage war against me?! Well in that case, I hope you know what your dealing with my friends. Your started a game of Cat and Mouse you might not win and, to tell you the truth, I'm beginning to enjoy it. So go ahead, see if you can catch me. But be warned: your fighting a pirate you don't really understand nor know much about, making it easy for me until you start to get the hang of it. I do so enjoy this and I truly hope you are as well.Good luck my friend and who knows, soon we might be in need of each other's services.

farewell Athertons and don't you dare try to floss with my spine Griffin!

Impish Omar Underwood

The Undead Obeah

Captain
May 16, 2011
553
CdeWinter on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
I know that as a pirate you are often out of reach of normal communication methods, but Hank, exactly how far out in the Spiral were you? Anyways, you're welcome to join our "shopping trip" to Wizard City.
I, um, well.........I don't know the answer to that.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
273
The Undead Obeah on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Well, well, well. Look what we have here. All I do is conjure up a little plan that I wasn't responsible for, send you off on a harmless little game, and now you want to wage war against me?! Well in that case, I hope you know what your dealing with my friends. Your started a game of Cat and Mouse you might not win and, to tell you the truth, I'm beginning to enjoy it. So go ahead, see if you can catch me. But be warned: your fighting a pirate you don't really understand nor know much about, making it easy for me until you start to get the hang of it. I do so enjoy this and I truly hope you are as well.Good luck my friend and who knows, soon we might be in need of each other's services.

farewell Athertons and don't you dare try to floss with my spine Griffin!

Impish Omar Underwood

The Undead Obeah
Quentin: You honestly think we don't know about you? -lays out Armada files of Omar Underwood-

Bernard: We had to torture Rooke for a week to get this information out of him. It says here you are a notorious Witchdoctor, you have this uncanny ability to manipulate others into doing your dirty work for you, and you were using illegal magic that is not just outlawed by the Armada, but ALSO by pirates.

Madam Vadima: They even have me to support that statement. There is magic that not even Witchdoctors are aloud to use. It is so forbidden that even casting a single spell will doom your life.

Griffin: It seems the Armada and the Pirate republic have an enemy in common; you Omar.

Noah: Captain Avery told us all about you as well as Rooke's information files on you. We know all your tricks, all of your traps, all of your secrets.

Alexander: Nothing can hide from Atherton Industries, we have friends in aristocratic and poor locations that help us get the job done.

Valona: The best part is that they DON'T disappoint. So good luck trying to hide, because you can't run away forever. We WILL find you.

Quentin: We even "convinced" some of Kane's soldiers to work for us and give us Armada battle plans. That's right, even the Armada knows better than to interfere with my family. I doubt you stand a ghost of a chance now. Like Valona said; we WILL find you.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1194
I completely did not see those three yum-laden parrots and thus am in no way responsible for any yummish baggage they may have misplaced, which I totally know nothing about.

-Indigo the Honest

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Quentin Atherton on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
Quentin: You honestly think we don't know about you? -lays out Armada files of Omar Underwood-

Bernard: We had to torture Rooke for a week to get this information out of him. It says here you are a notorious Witchdoctor, you have this uncanny ability to manipulate others into doing your dirty work for you, and you were using illegal magic that is not just outlawed by the Armada, but ALSO by pirates.

Madam Vadima: They even have me to support that statement. There is magic that not even Witchdoctors are aloud to use. It is so forbidden that even casting a single spell will doom your life.

Griffin: It seems the Armada and the Pirate republic have an enemy in common; you Omar.

Noah: Captain Avery told us all about you as well as Rooke's information files on you. We know all your tricks, all of your traps, all of your secrets.

Alexander: Nothing can hide from Atherton Industries, we have friends in aristocratic and poor locations that help us get the job done.

Valona: The best part is that they DON'T disappoint. So good luck trying to hide, because you can't run away forever. We WILL find you.

Quentin: We even "convinced" some of Kane's soldiers to work for us and give us Armada battle plans. That's right, even the Armada knows better than to interfere with my family. I doubt you stand a ghost of a chance now. Like Valona said; we WILL find you.
*Anne, tapping her foot, glowering*
Quentin, mon ami, you are supposed to be the good guy. You and your brothers are supposed to be good guys. I know you are elaborating freely because you want to frighten Omar in this chase of yours, but good guys do not savagely treat the enemy, even clockworks, and should not even talk about doing so, in my mind. We're supposed to win with courage, fortitude, and virtue, remember?

And certainly we are going to need cleverness to beat the Armada too. So (a) hunting down Omar and imprisoning him is not a good idea when we need all the ideas we can get to defeat the enemy, and (b) don't forget who the Enemy is! The Armada gains when we squabble amongst ourselves.

*bows politely* Just something to consider. Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go chat with Indigo about pets. Especially adorable mermaid ones!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Indigo Ring on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
I completely did not see those three yum-laden parrots and thus am in no way responsible for any yummish baggage they may have misplaced, which I totally know nothing about.

-Indigo the Honest
Um... You might want to check those bottles before you try drinking from them. The parrots with the good Yum were only: one laden parrot, the other two were birdy guards. What you "Didn't see" were the decoys I sent out. I needed to get rid of some rank bilge water and didn't want to foul the beautiful stream we were sailing on so I sent the bilge water off with three decoys to get rid of it. They were told to misplace it, good thing you "Didn't" find it, or your tummy will be on an mutinous roll.

Ensign
Jun 06, 2010
5
Subodai:-Sends a letter to the Athertons via parrot mount-Ok captain,the message is sent,hopefully they contact us soon.

Amy:Good-Looks off side of ship at a group of five different Marleybonian and mooshu ships coming towards the Midnight Marauder-They are here!

Bonnie Anne:-Pop out from below decks-Who's here?

Amy:The Dove family of course...

Bonnie Anne:Oh..ok

Amy:-Helps them all tie their ships up to the Midnight Marauder-Ok,now if we move your ships will follow.-Finishes sailors knot-

Paige:Hey sis !-Hugs Amy-

Ivy,Tristan,Brooke,Jacob:-Joins in-

Amy:Can't...Breathe!-Breaks free-

Paige:Sorry

Amy
Paige
Tristan
Brooke
Ivy
Jacob

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
273
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
*Anne, tapping her foot, glowering*
Quentin, mon ami, you are supposed to be the good guy. You and your brothers are supposed to be good guys. I know you are elaborating freely because you want to frighten Omar in this chase of yours, but good guys do not savagely treat the enemy, even clockworks, and should not even talk about doing so, in my mind. We're supposed to win with courage, fortitude, and virtue, remember?

And certainly we are going to need cleverness to beat the Armada too. So (a) hunting down Omar and imprisoning him is not a good idea when we need all the ideas we can get to defeat the enemy, and (b) don't forget who the Enemy is! The Armada gains when we squabble amongst ourselves.

*bows politely* Just something to consider. Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go chat with Indigo about pets. Especially adorable mermaid ones!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Quentin: Fine, there is an invasion going on in Sivella anyways.

Valona: By the way, Griffin was torturing Rooke, not all of us at once.

Alexander: Rooke is locked up on one of Griffin's flagships. We highly resent at torturing the enemy, but we have tried everything. Quentin has tried reasoning, Valona tried flattery, Bernard tried bribery, Noah tried bargaining, I tried singing (and that ended painfully for me). The only person who didn't try was Griffin, and his method is. questionable, but it was the only thing that worked.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
273
Amy Dove on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Subodai:-Sends a letter to the Athertons via parrot mount-Ok captain,the message is sent,hopefully they contact us soon.

Amy:Good-Looks off side of ship at a group of five different Marleybonian and mooshu ships coming towards the Midnight Marauder-They are here!

Bonnie Anne:-Pop out from below decks-Who's here?

Amy:The Dove family of course...

Bonnie Anne:Oh..ok

Amy:-Helps them all tie their ships up to the Midnight Marauder-Ok,now if we move your ships will follow.-Finishes sailors knot-

Paige:Hey sis !-Hugs Amy-

Ivy,Tristan,Brooke,Jacob:-Joins in-

Amy:Can't...Breathe!-Breaks free-

Paige:Sorry

Amy
Paige
Tristan
Brooke
Ivy
Jacob
-parrot mount comes back with a clockwork perched on it's head-

Dear Dove Family,

Sorry to say this, but we have BIGGER problems to deal with. Lets just say that Sivella is at war with Cadiz, and leave it at that.

Sincere Apologies, Quentin Atherton

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
Quentin Atherton on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
Quentin: You honestly think we don't know about you? -lays out Armada files of Omar Underwood-

Bernard: We had to torture Rooke for a week to get this information out of him. It says here you are a notorious Witchdoctor, you have this uncanny ability to manipulate others into doing your dirty work for you, and you were using illegal magic that is not just outlawed by the Armada, but ALSO by pirates.

Madam Vadima: They even have me to support that statement. There is magic that not even Witchdoctors are aloud to use. It is so forbidden that even casting a single spell will doom your life.

Griffin: It seems the Armada and the Pirate republic have an enemy in common; you Omar.

Noah: Captain Avery told us all about you as well as Rooke's information files on you. We know all your tricks, all of your traps, all of your secrets.

Alexander: Nothing can hide from Atherton Industries, we have friends in aristocratic and poor locations that help us get the job done.

Valona: The best part is that they DON'T disappoint. So good luck trying to hide, because you can't run away forever. We WILL find you.

Quentin: We even "convinced" some of Kane's soldiers to work for us and give us Armada battle plans. That's right, even the Armada knows better than to interfere with my family. I doubt you stand a ghost of a chance now. Like Valona said; we WILL find you.
-laughing uncontrollably-

Once again, you just miss the mark. There are several flaws to what you know about me that I just have to say:

1. Rooke has little idea of my full extent of my criminal record (save from over exaggerated stories). Bishop it the one with the files due to a long and bitter conflict between us that is far worse than ours. But if you want to know a wee bit of my history, it should be in a certain Backstories or Pirate Personalities topic somewhere in the Tavern.

2. When it comes to manipulation, I use no sort of magic whatsoever!!! Being a aimless traveler before my capture, I picked up several things in my travels, including some good old Valencian intrigue. Though I did practice it upon you and your brothers (I'm still startled you fell for it all, considering where you come from) I rarely bring my magic into it because doing so makes the job too easy.

3. Though I'll admit I take an Old world view on my most potent art, utilizing old traditions but sometimes combine it with recently created practices, I have never learned many Forbidden arts and those that I do know about I only use in extreme emergencies (plus there are no laws against certain magics when it comes to Hoodoo since it already is a it of a melting pot).

4. Though you think you know all my tricks, in reality only three people know the full extent of my bag of tricks:
i.Madame Vadima (who keeps them secret for the reasons of student-teacher confidentiality)
ii.Bishop(who though would love to see me out of the way, would you really ally yourself to him just to get hold of me?)
iii. Alexander Hobbes(my dear friend and partner in piracy)
Meaning that I still have several secrets hidden from you.

5.Don't think you are the only ones who know how to use spies. I also have spies in various places and even have one within your own ranks! Two can play at this game (thanks to Hobbes).

and 6. If you know all about me, then you should also know that I learned how to create shabti in Krokotopia!

Cherrio!

-Snaps fingers and turnes into a clay statue covered in hieroglyphs-

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
-tosses a couple large bags with gold coins inside to Omar- Deal.

Ciao!
By the way, I have collected the suit of clothes you seek and have sent it to you home. if all goes well and nothing happens to the delivery, you should have them in a fortnight. Thank thee for doing business with me and if there are any problems, just let me know.

with great thanks,

Impish Omar Underwood

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
Quentin Atherton on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
Quentin: You honestly think we don't know about you? -lays out Armada files of Omar Underwood-

Bernard: We had to torture Rooke for a week to get this information out of him. It says here you are a notorious Witchdoctor, you have this uncanny ability to manipulate others into doing your dirty work for you, and you were using illegal magic that is not just outlawed by the Armada, but ALSO by pirates.

Madam Vadima: They even have me to support that statement. There is magic that not even Witchdoctors are aloud to use. It is so forbidden that even casting a single spell will doom your life.

Griffin: It seems the Armada and the Pirate republic have an enemy in common; you Omar.

Noah: Captain Avery told us all about you as well as Rooke's information files on you. We know all your tricks, all of your traps, all of your secrets.

Alexander: Nothing can hide from Atherton Industries, we have friends in aristocratic and poor locations that help us get the job done.

Valona: The best part is that they DON'T disappoint. So good luck trying to hide, because you can't run away forever. We WILL find you.

Quentin: We even "convinced" some of Kane's soldiers to work for us and give us Armada battle plans. That's right, even the Armada knows better than to interfere with my family. I doubt you stand a ghost of a chance now. Like Valona said; we WILL find you.
So, you want me to be the enemy Quentin Atherton?

Captain
Feb 02, 2013
721
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Attaches yum bottles to Parrot mount and turns him loose with instructions to deliver them to Zuto4011 using fastest flight path.
Thank you so much!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Quentin Atherton on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
Quentin: Fine, there is an invasion going on in Sivella anyways.

Valona: By the way, Griffin was torturing Rooke, not all of us at once.

Alexander: Rooke is locked up on one of Griffin's flagships. We highly resent at torturing the enemy, but we have tried everything. Quentin has tried reasoning, Valona tried flattery, Bernard tried bribery, Noah tried bargaining, I tried singing (and that ended painfully for me). The only person who didn't try was Griffin, and his method is. questionable, but it was the only thing that worked.
Atherton brothers, Princess Valona, I mean no disrespect, but 'questionable methods' as you put it, done by one, are the responsibility of all. If Kane had Deacon put such methods to us, would Kane be innocent of a crime because he himself did not perform the vile acts? Despite any temptations to the contrary, I feel we must behave with morality, otherwise we become exactly like our enemies.

Besides, it wouldn't work. Think about your story here. Rooke is so very powerful, surrounded by clockworks and some of them of even higher caliber than the ones we have already struggled against. He would never allow himself to be captured, even if it were possible to do so. No, the only way to defeat Rooke is in the heat of the battlefield. Furthermore, while clockworks react to blows, they do not seem to be able to feel pain, as far as I can perceive in my battles with them (which have not been few, as you know). So, tor.. no, I can't say the word, makes me too queasy, um, Griffin's questionable methods would not work. No, what you had captured could not have been the real Rooke, and the holding out of information merely a ploy. Athertons, you've been tricked. Again.

But -- leave Omar be! He is just teasing you. His name is Impish Omar Underwood, after all. You have more important things to do, after all. Good luck breaking the Armada invasion of Sivella.

(P.S. Omar, I do like the device of 'shabtis'. Very clever. Though Anne would not know what they are, I love all that Ancient Egyptian stuff. But Anne would plead with you to not tease Quentin too much. But you can ignore her pleas, of course.)