Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A mutiny is brewing...

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
So, we receive Marleybone and Aquila. Huzzah! Yar!! (etc.).

So, how come WIzard101 receives a new Olympian bundle (not to mention two other new bundles). The crew be sharping their swords and checking their powder* - there be a powerful lot of mutterin' belowdecks...

-Indigo

P.S. Old Scratch be collectin' pieces of lint and parasols... not sure if that's related to the brewing mutiny or not.

P.P.S. Yes I know Aquila = Roman(ish) and Olympia = Greek(ish), but at least Pirates has a Classical realm.

P.S.S. My wizard characters, of course, thank you (and jeer at my pirates).

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Right. I pointed out to the crew that they could at least spend the Crowns that came with the new Wizard cards... but they were less than impressed. Indeed, that's when I learned Bonnie Anne is as accurate with an empty yum bottle as she is with her rifle.

Community Leader
Indigo Ring on May 30, 2013 wrote:
So, we receive Marleybone and Aquila. Huzzah! Yar!! (etc.).

So, how come WIzard101 receives a new Olympian bundle (not to mention two other new bundles). The crew be sharping their swords and checking their powder* - there be a powerful lot of mutterin' belowdecks...

-Indigo

P.S. Old Scratch be collectin' pieces of lint and parasols... not sure if that's related to the brewing mutiny or not.

P.P.S. Yes I know Aquila = Roman(ish) and Olympia = Greek(ish), but at least Pirates has a Classical realm.

P.S.S. My wizard characters, of course, thank you (and jeer at my pirates).
Personally, I'd much rather they deliver 15 levels of content to another bundle, but BOTH would be even better. I would imagine that, now that the new worlds have been delivered (and once the minor adjustments and bugs have been worked out) they will start adding more auxiliary content like the bundles and, dare I hope, a new card pack!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
T-the-P: "Personally, I'd much rather they deliver 15 levels of content to another bundle..."

Agreed. And I will suggest that to them. But I think after I've issued a double ration of yum.

-Indigo

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Oh my gosh, yea. I'm FINALLY not the only one who noticed this! Maybe it's the next Wizard world too. I can't figure out why Wizard would be the one to get a super awesome Olympian bundle while Pirate gets nothing. -shrug-

But thanks for giving Wizard another bundle, cause I'm going to get it!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
(whispering, so the carousing but still grumbling crew don't hear): 'tis a very nice bundle card - really nice house and I love the Trojan Horse pet.

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
They've delivered two new worlds; a single bundle shouldn't be too much to ask for. Heck, at this point I'd be happy if I could buy a house for each of my pirates that none of the other pirates in my fleet doesn't already have. (Wow, what horrible syntax!)

Bundles would be better than just houses. My pirates are feeling slighted and starting to get ever-so-slightly cross.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Cross pirates are dangerous pirates. Hopefully, we can keep their aggression channeled outward...

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on May 31, 2013 wrote:
Oh my gosh, yea. I'm FINALLY not the only one who noticed this! Maybe it's the next Wizard world too. I can't figure out why Wizard would be the one to get a super awesome Olympian bundle while Pirate gets nothing. -shrug-

But thanks for giving Wizard another bundle, cause I'm going to get it!
Nothing?!?

We got two awesome new worlds with a ton of new quests and places to explore! And it was a bigger expansion than Wizards has ever gotten. That is not nothing, and in fact, I prefer the new content to a new bundle.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Before you read, I do understand quite well that Pirate101 just received two new worlds along with many other updates.

I feel that kingsisle might be so far focusing on getting Wizard101's popularity back. I do understand that someone already brought this up, but seriously?
Wizard101 gets not only an Atlantis bundle, but an Aquila bundle. This in my eyes is outrageous. Aquila just recently came out on Pirate101, and it is the Pirate101 native world. How come we have to miss out on such epic deals? I saw the new Aquila house, and it is amazing. All we have is a Boochbeard bundle and Cutthroat bundle, one of which isn't available any more.

Not to mention, I haven't found much use in housing. There really isn't all that much to do like there is in Pirate101. There are very limited houses as far as i have seen, and not much of a variety of items like Wizard101 has. Housing was my favorite in Wizard101, but it is boring and hard in Pirate101. Wizard101 has new interact-able band instruments!
I don't want to go back to wizards. That game grew boring and repetetive. Please don't make me leave such a wonderful company like Kingsisle. I just feel that Pirate101 isn't as unique.

Please forgive any rudeness that came out of this post, if any. I want others to take notice of this though, and seeing how the other thread was unsuccessful I wanted to bring it back up. Thank you for your time.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Bonnie Anne: CAPTAIN QUENTIN!
Quentin: What is it miss Anne?
Bonnie Anne: The crew is about to start a mutiny!
Griffin: Not for long -walks into crew quarters-

-fighting breaks out and in 1 second, silence-

Griffin: There we go .
Quentin: -peaks inside of room-, WHAT HAPPENED IN HERE!?
Ol' Scratch: Griffin taught us a lesson, that's what happened Mon.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I confess that I am not really interested in the Bundles and such, but I have to say, Indigo Ring, I loved the way you playfully expressed yourself in story form... the sulky crew... the jeering wizard... especially the teasing weirdness of 'Old Scratch collecting lint and parasols' -- that was just great! And Quentin, I see one of your brothers settled things in your usual comic fashion... and I thought your speech for Old Scratch had just the right tone.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I have been sort of joking around with this subject, but to be serious for the moment: I was very much looking forward to the expansion of worlds/levels that I hoped would come in April, six months after Pirate101's launch (six months being the time between Wizard101 expansions the last couple of years). Being a brand new game, I thought that hoping for the same six month gap was perhaps too optimistic, but KI not only did it (the expansion was the end of April/early May) but they did half again more than has been the case with Wizard (15 levels worth of material rather than 10). So I was both very pleased and very impressed - doubly so since I suspect, in terms if programming the animation, that Pirates is more labor intensive than Wizard, the combats being so much more fluid. Needless to say I was a happy pirate.

Bundle cards seem to often come out a few weeks after a new expansion, so I optimistically hoped we would see at least one new bundle for Pirate, especially since currently P101 does not have a single online bundle since the Boochbeard and Gandry bundles were retired shortly after the game launched. I was a bit surprised when it was Wizard that received not one but three new bundles last week. While I was not anticipating it, I am sure there are good reasons for this decision. For one thing, I think there are tons more people playing Wizard101 than Pirate101 at this point, and if that is so a new Wizard bundle will generate more immediate revenue for KI than a new Pirate bundle. Also, if I am right that P101 is more labor intensive for the animators than W101, the P101 team may have their hand full already at the moment.

None of which my crews want to hear. They just want flashy new stuff. But then, they are pirates, after all.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
I confess that I am not really interested in the Bundles and such, but I have to say, Indigo Ring, I loved the way you playfully expressed yourself in story form... the sulky crew... the jeering wizard... especially the teasing weirdness of 'Old Scratch collecting lint and parasols' -- that was just great! And Quentin, I see one of your brothers settled things in your usual comic fashion... and I thought your speech for Old Scratch had just the right tone.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Quentin: Thank you.
Bernard: Enough talk, WHO TRIED TO START A MUTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-glares at Ratbeard-
Ratbeard:Don't glare at me, it was Catbeard's idea!
Bernard: -glares at Catbeard-
Catbeard: No it wasn't, it was Ratbeard's idea!
Ol' Scratch: It was both your idea Mons!
Ratbeard and Catbeard: snitch
Bernard: The next time you two start a mutiny, I'LL GIVE YOU TO THE ARMADA! -storms out of room-
Ratbeard and Catbeard:
Quentin: Well, glad we straightened that out. -slams door shut-

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
I would really like a new mooshu bundle, and also a cool ranch bundle. Monquistan bundle and a Polaris bundle even though it's not released yet we could get bundles from worlds that haven't been released yet like Wizards!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Melody Fisher on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
Nothing?!?

We got two awesome new worlds with a ton of new quests and places to explore! And it was a bigger expansion than Wizards has ever gotten. That is not nothing, and in fact, I prefer the new content to a new bundle.
...I meant bundle-wise, mind you. I better watch what I type next time, and I kinda already knew about the update... But seriously, Pirate has almost no bundles. Cutthroat and that other one are the only ones I can think of. Sorry.

Oh gosh, I sounded rude.... Sorry...

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
OoooOOooo I hope they don't find out about today's release of a Wizard101 card pack, the Pharaoh's Hoard. I mean, mentioning a "hoard" around a bunch of pirates is like saying "ice cream" around a bunch of five-year-olds (or, for that matter, me). And I had just distracted them from their sulk about the new Wizard bundles, too (who knew they would find Charades addictive? Incidentally, don't let them play for gold!!)

-Indigo.

Have you ever noticed how many words rhyme with "yum"? It's an education, I tell you.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Indigo Ring on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
OoooOOooo I hope they don't find out about today's release of a Wizard101 card pack, the Pharaoh's Hoard. I mean, mentioning a "hoard" around a bunch of pirates is like saying "ice cream" around a bunch of five-year-olds (or, for that matter, me). And I had just distracted them from their sulk about the new Wizard bundles, too (who knew they would find Charades addictive? Incidentally, don't let them play for gold!!)

-Indigo.

Have you ever noticed how many words rhyme with "yum"? It's an education, I tell you.
Quentin: Did you say, PHARAOH'S HOARD?!?!?!?!?!?!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Really? They get Two cool bundles And now a card pack? x Entire crew just stomped their foot and crosses arms and begins a Royal Pout x Scratchy just gave me a strange look, gathered up all that lint and stuff and disappeared into that ship door that only he seems to be able to open. This does Not look good.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Uh ohhhh.... We're doomed! D: NOT GOOD! NOT GOOD! D:

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Actually, it's three new bundles and a card pack.. but who's counting? (Bonnie Anne and Monkey King for sure, but besides them, who's counting? Well, maybe Ratbeard. OK, probably Ratbeard. And Sarah Steel. And Ol' Scratch. But besides Bonnie Anne, the Monkey King, Ratbeard, Sarah, and Ol' Scratch, who's counting? I'm guessing at least half of them).

On the other hand, there's some nice new ship and ship kit stuff in the crown shop today, and a sale... maybe I can distract them with a shopping trip.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Phew! Guys? would a new and more powerful ship appease you? x covers ears in pain to the tumultuous roar that comes from the crew x . Scratchy exits "The Room" with a slightly guilty look and reassures me with an "All is well oh Captain my Captain". OK crew, set sail for the nearest crown shop.