Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A mutiny is brewing...

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
Various pirates are peaceably gathered around a small, strange device, watching it with amusement as it cutely puffs out steam and clanks about. "Oh, isn't he adorable," coos Gracie at the pet golem. "Or perhaps, she... I don't think it matters," she adds judiciously. The strange quietness of the ship's crew may thus be explained...

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Yes, that explains a lot. I shoulda known.

Indigo, lets hope we aren't doomed... -sips tea- Calm down, Emma, calm down... -hands some tea to the no longer rioting pirates- Wouldny you much rather have some tea and cakes rather than using all of your energy just to lose against some powerful wizards?

One of the temporarily rioting Pirates nods. "Good point..."

The wizards are so extremely powerful it would be wasteful of your crews and that would lead to the Armada taking over! Do you really want that?

"No..."

Then just chill out in the Tavern and enjoy some of the tea and treats I'm working on. -brings out several treats from all over the Spiral-

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Grim2626 on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
Just one thing Aquila is greek not roman the Olympian bundle is set in Aquila, they just call it the Olympian bundle. But hawcules is Hercules, so its greek.

Fearless John Bowman 61
Ancient Rome and Ancient were Greece were actually quite similar, the original colony of Rome was founded by Greek refugees, both cultures shared a lot of the same or at least very similar mythologies. Greece and Hercules, Rome had Heracules. Both heroes had the same 12 labours including one here Heracules herded a large herd of cattle to a Roman town called Herculaneum. (Herculaneum was destroyed by Mount Versuvius).
Aquila is based on both Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome, borrowing place names, characters, heroes and mythology from both cultures.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
-squeaks and sips tea- Calm, Emma, calm... But still... Are we doomed or not? Because these riots are making me nervous...

Calm... I think I need to pay a visit to the Shrine of Eternal Serenity...

And what golem pet and mount?!! Sheesh... Why am I missing out on so much? D: Curse my month and a half long lack of a computer that can download Pirate...

-sulks in corner-

Ensign
May 25, 2013
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
-squeaks- A-Ambrose? D-Did you say Ambrose?! In other words, one of the most powerful wizards that EVER LIVED?!

-runs around panicking- AHHHHH!!!! I don't wanna die! I don't wanna die! Gracie! Whatdowedowhatdowedo?!

Gracie: All the panic is driving her insane.

Bonnie: Aye, and the Wizards are after us too now!

Catbeard: -joins me in panicking- I don't wish to die! I will die with my pickled herring in my hands!

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
Not like he does anything in the first story of wizard101(you know, level 1-50).

Tyler Deathsong level 12 Death

I created an even bigger war! What's next? Pirate's invade wizard city and Wizard's Invade Skull Island?
Oh no it's the pirates! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Grim2626: "Just one thing Aquila is greek not roman..."

Actually it is a pretty cheerful mix of Greek and Roman references, but I tend to lean toward calling it Roman since (a) the name is Latin (for "eagle") and (b) the Romans borrowed very heavily from Greek culture, so any world based on Rome from the second century BC (after the Romans absorbed the Greek city-states) or after could legitimately contain tons of Greek references but still be officially Roman. But perhaps it would be best just to say the P101 skyway is based on "Classical" themes.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Highlander Fox: "Ambrose... In other words, one of the most powerful wizards that EVER LIVED?!"

I don't know about that... I have it on good authority he has little kids do all of his dirty work. (Not unlike a certain pirate captain who resides on Skull Island).

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Emma... hope your computer is back up to scratch (or replaced) soon. I have not picked up the golem pet yet, but the mount is very cute. When I cycle back to running Angel, my buccaneer, I may pick up one for him. Brynn the Witchdoctor is happy with Her Pink Marshadillow (since, after all, he is pink, like her crew [you should see el Toro...]), and David Gordon my swashbuckler is running with Lulu the crokagator.

For the moment, the crew seems distracted. Brynn's bunch have pushed into Aquila, and David is leading a raid into Marleybone. So, things have calmed down, a bit. But Monkey King gets bored so easily, and he knows this topic seets everyone off, so I suspect the calm is only temporary.

-Indigo

Ensign
May 25, 2013
Quentin Atherton on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
Griffin: Will you SHUSH UP!!!!! -covers mouth-

Fin: Who is in there?

Me: -whispers- Griffin, you bone head.

Gracie: What is wrong?

Me: Its not safe in the tavern, get in the cellar now.

Catbeard: I don't know if we can trust you.

Me: Ok, then I guess you want Fin Dorsal to pound you into jelly. -turns Catbeard's head towards the door Fin is trying to break down-

Catbeard: OK, on second thought, we trust you.

Highlander Fox: Don't worry, we can take...

Fin: -busts a hole in the door- Here's DORSAL!

Highlander Fox:, ok, time to hide in the cellar -hides in cellar-

Bonnie, Gracie, and Catbeard: -hides in cellar-

Valona: Ok -opens secret tunnel-, if we take this tunnel, we will be able to get to the docks unscathed and set sail towards different worlds until this whole thing blows over.

Catbeard: Are you crazy?

Valona: No, Noah Atherton is crazy, but he learns to keep his craziness under control.

Noah: Its true, I'm just as mad as Bishop, but I learn to control my madness.

Griffin: Enough talk -closes secret tunnel entrance-, lets get out of here before Fin gets to the docks first.

Me: -turns on mechanical lamp- Good thing Valencian oil lanterns don't die out for 10 days at best. Lets just get to the docks before Fin catches on.
Fin Breaks Door and looks at me

Me: I'm a wizard! I..."

Fight Scene starts

Fin: "Die Wizard!"

Me: "I'm Doomed."

10 hours later

Fin: "Where is that wizard?"

Me: "Phew I am back in my dorm room. nobody wi..."

Angry Pirates attack

Me: "Oh ****!"
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Tyler Deathsong level 12 death

What? did you forget that I was there?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
The golem mount is cute -- I especially enjoy watching my pirate partner whacking away at the controls when it goes wonky. Haven't actually looked at the pet yet.

And of course we're not doomed. Seriously, Ambrose is not the Spiral's greatest wizard, he's the Spiral's greatest delegator. I'm not seeing Ambrose out there getting smacked around by dinosaurs. I'm seeing expendable young wizards. Not at all like our crews, who are most definitely NOT expendable, and are calm and relaxed and perhaps were involved in a few hijinks, but nothing at all like riots.

Frankly, I'd be worried if my crew couldn't handle a few spell-slingers easily.

Hope you can get computer access again soon, Highlander Fox.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Golem pet has been the perfect distraction for my crew also. Gracie is being fiercely overprotective of it and I can't get any work out of Catbeard because every time it erratically skitters somewhere he drops everything and slinks into hyperstalk mode and I have to threaten him with a bath to snap him out of it. Everyone else has calmed down and I am having a naming contest with the crew. Whoever brings in the most loot gets to name him. What I Haven't told them is I plan on using all that extra loot to purchase more of them so they can all play with them with out having to share so often. The sounds of delighted laughter every time it does something silly as it learns it's way about is music to my ears. Both Gracie and I are keeping a close eye on Ratbeard who has started carrying cherry bombs and fire crackers in his pockets. Oh he insists that he is not planing on a thing but the way he lets this evil chuckle out when he is watching the new toy makes us Very nervous.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
-squeaks and sips tea- Calm, Emma, calm... But still... Are we doomed or not? Because these riots are making me nervous...

Calm... I think I need to pay a visit to the Shrine of Eternal Serenity...

And what golem pet and mount?!! Sheesh... Why am I missing out on so much? D: Curse my month and a half long lack of a computer that can download Pirate...

-sulks in corner-
x Ships a box of Valencian chocolates to Emma with a gift certificate for her own golem pet to be redeemed the first chance her restriction is lifted. x

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
I will admit, I still am fiercely proud of Wizard City as well as Marleybone. My grandparents were from there, and my paternal grandfather taught the Myth scholl before Cyrus. The ye of Knowledge decks my flag. I would go wizarding but when you powerful it takes 30 minutes to an hour to beat a boss. I do not want that.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
x Ships a box of Valencian chocolates to Emma with a gift certificate for her own golem pet to be redeemed the first chance her restriction is lifted. x
CHOCOLATE! :D

Bonnie comments, "Congratulations, you discovered the second thing that calms her down besides tea!"

And golems! :D I saw the new pet and mount, and I really want one... But I also want that Pennyfarthing thingy... Hmm, I'll get BOTH!

Indigo: My cousins' computer, for some reason, will not load the pages for wizard or pirate. Kinda ironic cause they live near Austin, which I believe is where KI is...

Ensign
May 25, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
Highlander Fox: "Ambrose... In other words, one of the most powerful wizards that EVER LIVED?!"

I don't know about that... I have it on good authority he has little kids do all of his dirty work. (Not unlike a certain pirate captain who resides on Skull Island).

-Indigo
I 100% agree with you.

Tyler Deathsong level 12 Death

Ambrose sucks because he is useless. Oh no! It's the ambrose fans! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

10 Hours later...

I finally locked the door! Why did it take me that long to use common sense?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
FrozenMuskets: "I will admit, I still am fiercely proud of Wizard City as well as Marleybone. My grandparents were from there, and my paternal grandfather taught the Myth scholl before Cyrus"

Corrrrr! Do a magic trick, gov'nor. Turn Ratbeard's fur pink! (a suggestion from my witchdoctor, incidentally).

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Highlander: I have the pennyfarthing and it's a delight to zoom around on. It's particularly fun to jump stairs on it.

Have to admit I rather glow in the dark on it, what with my fiery weapons and the little motor on the back. It is NOT the vehicle for sneaking up on anyone with.

I'm losing track -- is it Chryssy's or Highlander who has problems loading the games? Is your cousin's computer behind a firewall?

Ensign
Feb 26, 2012
CdeWinter on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
Ancient Rome and Ancient were Greece were actually quite similar, the original colony of Rome was founded by Greek refugees, both cultures shared a lot of the same or at least very similar mythologies. Greece and Hercules, Rome had Heracules. Both heroes had the same 12 labours including one here Heracules herded a large herd of cattle to a Roman town called Herculaneum. (Herculaneum was destroyed by Mount Versuvius).
Aquila is based on both Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome, borrowing place names, characters, heroes and mythology from both cultures.
They talked about Ares a Greek god, and I am doing the Trojan horse quest right now yet I have not seen anything that is roman, The manticores, the satyrs, the centaurs, Jason and the Argonauts, everything I have seen is Greek not Roman.

Ensign
Feb 26, 2012
Indigo Ring on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
Grim2626: "Just one thing Aquila is greek not roman..."

Actually it is a pretty cheerful mix of Greek and Roman references, but I tend to lean toward calling it Roman since (a) the name is Latin (for "eagle") and (b) the Romans borrowed very heavily from Greek culture, so any world based on Rome from the second century BC (after the Romans absorbed the Greek city-states) or after could legitimately contain tons of Greek references but still be officially Roman. But perhaps it would be best just to say the P101 skyway is based on "Classical" themes.

-Indigo
Hawkilles=Achilles, Hippocrates=Socrates, we fight in the Trojan war on the same side as Hawkilles/Achilles, why would we be fighting a Greek war in Rome? Oh yeah you wouldn't. There are no Roman references in Aquila and even though Aquila is Latin doesn't mean the world is Roman. That is the only thing that is Roman everything else is Greek and I understand that the Romans did steal Greek aspects they didn't have the same war or people, one Roman aspect many Greek aspects, its Greek mythology.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
Highlander: I have the pennyfarthing and it's a delight to zoom around on. It's particularly fun to jump stairs on it.

Have to admit I rather glow in the dark on it, what with my fiery weapons and the little motor on the back. It is NOT the vehicle for sneaking up on anyone with.

I'm losing track -- is it Chryssy's or Highlander who has problems loading the games? Is your cousin's computer behind a firewall?
I'm the one with issues loading the game. I can't even get the download page to start! I dunno about a firewall though.... I'll ask.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
Nevermind, I'm back in the Skyways!
REALLY Oh Major Congrats . x Tosses a bag of gold on the bar and buys a round for everyone x x Raises a tankard x A Toast my friends. To Emma, Our Highlander Fox, Welcome Back To The Skyways. Hip Hip Harrah! x Places order for Hawklava x I suspect that such delicacies will be a bit more rare to come by now . x Hands Ship Wheel Club key to Emma x She's all yours.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Martin just came running in with his hair on fire (more than usual) chattering about the wizards baiting us. Eh? I said (I can be elegant when interrupted while counting the swag). He handed me a poster that are appearing all over Skull Island:

"Did you know the Winterband Gauntlet Bundle is a special collectors card with with a cool hologram image?"

Now he has everyone all stirred up again.

-Indigo

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Grim2626 on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
Hawkilles=Achilles, Hippocrates=Socrates, we fight in the Trojan war on the same side as Hawkilles/Achilles, why would we be fighting a Greek war in Rome? Oh yeah you wouldn't. There are no Roman references in Aquila and even though Aquila is Latin doesn't mean the world is Roman. That is the only thing that is Roman everything else is Greek and I understand that the Romans did steal Greek aspects they didn't have the same war or people, one Roman aspect many Greek aspects, its Greek mythology.
The puns fly thick and fast in Aquila, so it is easy to get confused. Hippocrates is a nod to the real Hippocrates, great medical philosopher and physician of the classical Greek age... the pun is that they made him a hippo (I thought that was hilarious), and because he is a hippo, I noticed that he spoke with a lilting Ghanaese (?) accent (sounded sort of east African as far as I could tell), which was a very nice touch. Hawkrates = Socrates; you can tell by the fact that he offers to discuss philosophical conundrums with you.

But as Indigo said, it's all very playful, drawing upon both Classical Greek and Roman influences for Aquila in general.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe