Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A mutiny is brewing...

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Grim2626: "There are no Roman references in Aquila and even though Aquila is Latin doesn't mean the world is Roman"

Actually, there are a fair few Roman references once you look for them - I was playing there some tonight and saw a fair number of Roman/Latin names, and fought legionnaires, and came across other references to legions (and the Zeke quest is looking for Roman eagles). Still, on the whole, I think you are correct that the Greek influence is stronger - the majority of the names of quest-related NPCs, the mythological creatures, the names of many of the buildings. Maybe Roman-occupied Greece is the closest analogy. Whichever way you want to look at it, I am having fun there. I liked Marleyborn better (more pirate-y to my mind), but Aquila is fun.

-Indigo

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Not again! -sips tea- And when I return to the skyways too....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Indigo Ring on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
Martin just came running in with his hair on fire (more than usual) chattering about the wizards baiting us. Eh? I said (I can be elegant when interrupted while counting the swag). He handed me a poster that are appearing all over Skull Island:

"Did you know the Winterband Gauntlet Bundle is a special collectors card with with a cool hologram image?"

Now he has everyone all stirred up again.

-Indigo
Oh No x Changes mind & places order for the new golem pets x . Oh this is not good, I just saw Scratchy barter a trade with Ratbeard for all his firecrackers and some Atomic Yum is missing from the weapons locker. Scratchy insists he is just protecting the golem but I really don't like the look in his eyes. There is an ominous fog escaping from under his secret room. It seems that I have been hoodwinked. The one that was truly distracted was me. The golem playing was just to keep my attention away from their plots. x Holds head x I am so gullible. Anne just came up to me and told me to not worry that I am not anyone's target. Somehow this does NOT make me feel better. The green eyed pirate has gotten into my crew and they need their perks, bundles and packs or I am really worried what they are going to do to any wizard they manage to find over here. Normally that isn't a problem but Someone is putting up to taunt them and if they get caught it is Not gonna be pretty.
KingsIsle, Please You gotta help us out here. These crews are becoming more cranky than Stormzilla over her missing eggs.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
REALLY Oh Major Congrats . x Tosses a bag of gold on the bar and buys a round for everyone x x Raises a tankard x A Toast my friends. To Emma, Our Highlander Fox, Welcome Back To The Skyways. Hip Hip Harrah! x Places order for Hawklava x I suspect that such delicacies will be a bit more rare to come by now . x Hands Ship Wheel Club key to Emma x She's all yours.
Yay! Thank you, Chrissy, Indigo, for the welcome backs and your kindness. :)

What do ya say to some raspberry and lemon meringue cake, three layers to it with some lemon and raspberry sauce? -smiles-

Oh great, did Martin doom us?

Ciao!

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
Yay! Thank you, Chrissy, Indigo, for the welcome backs and your kindness. :)

What do ya say to some raspberry and lemon meringue cake, three layers to it with some lemon and raspberry sauce? -smiles-

Oh great, did Martin doom us?

Ciao!
Oh that sounds so good I am drooling. . x Sniffs appreciatively x Mmmmm that smells Heavenly. x Weighs what dastardly deeds my crew is getting up vs indulging for a while in taste bud heaven x . OK, you win.
x Sits down and places napkin in lap and picks up tea pot x . Tea Emma?
x Accepts plate of beautiful cake and pointedly ignores yelling, thumps and way too long periods of silence from the tavern cellar x .

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
A raspberry and lemon meringue three-layer cake sounds lovely, but chocolate is even better. How about a chocolate cake with a yum-glazed icing?

New outfit stuff in the crown shop today. That may distract them for a bit...

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Indigo Ring on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
A raspberry and lemon meringue three-layer cake sounds lovely, but chocolate is even better. How about a chocolate cake with a yum-glazed icing?

New outfit stuff in the crown shop today. That may distract them for a bit...

-Indigo
Nah, they keep pushing me to go shopping so they can be alone to plot. Oh just Wait until I get my hands on that furstunkin wizard that put up those posters.

Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
Grim2626 on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
Just one thing Aquila is greek not roman the Olympian bundle is set in Aquila, they just call it the Olympian bundle. But hawcules is Hercules, so its greek.

Fearless John Bowman 61
actually, hercules is roman. originally it was heracules and then the romans renamed him. you need to read the myths before you post. i have some very good books. READ

Ensign
Mar 05, 2009
A Balanced Life395 on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
actually, hercules is roman. originally it was heracules and then the romans renamed him. you need to read the myths before you post. i have some very good books. READ
Greek mythology was adopted by the Romans and slightly altered so Aquila is Greco-Roman based...

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Ok. Let's go over a little Mythology shall we?

Greek Mythology is in older times than Roman. Roman later adopted the Greek mythology but made changes too.

For Example, the names:

Jupiter = Zeus

Neptune = Poseidon

Pluto = Hades

Mars = Ares

And so forth....

The Romans also gave the gods slightly different personalities and appearances. While Jupiter may have been mean and ignorant as Zeus, he was mighty and intelligent as Jupiter.
Pluto was the king of riches and undead, while Hades was king of the undead only.

Come on people. Pick up a percy Jackson book and read!

(Yes, I learned all of this from the Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus series)

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Trouble may be brewing again: looks like Wizard is about to receive a new realm, Olympia. To be fair, it is Wizard's turn for an update, but my crew, still grumpy about the lack of a new bundle, is not likely to be objective about it. They have been distracted the last few days, amused by Little Scooter (the crew's new lil' labor golem pet), who some of them have convinced that Ratbeard's false teeth should be painted in the crew's colors. At least he has temporarily stopped trying to do it while Ratbeard is using them. But I expect once Olympia arrives in Wizard-land, that their protests will again escalate...

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Indigo Ring on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
Trouble may be brewing again: looks like Wizard is about to receive a new realm, Olympia. To be fair, it is Wizard's turn for an update, but my crew, still grumpy about the lack of a new bundle, is not likely to be objective about it. They have been distracted the last few days, amused by Little Scooter (the crew's new lil' labor golem pet), who some of them have convinced that Ratbeard's false teeth should be painted in the crew's colors. At least he has temporarily stopped trying to do it while Ratbeard is using them. But I expect once Olympia arrives in Wizard-land, that their protests will again escalate...
Uh oh..... -hugs Bonnie and Gracie- I get this eerie feeling that Scratch wants vengeance... I'm doomed!

Ciao!

Ensign
May 25, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
This... sucks! WHY DOESN'T WIZARD101 oh I don't know, HAVE AN AZTECA REALM?!

Tyler Deathsong level 13 Death

Wizard101 message boards are boring

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Woke this morning to find scrawled in red on the escutcheon:

Boooshbeerddd livs!!!

Fortunately, it turns out that the red was crayon, not blood, but still: feelings continue to run high among the crew.

-Indigo

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Indigo Ring on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:

Boooshbeerddd livs!!!

Fortunately, it turns out that the red was crayon, not blood, but still: feelings continue to run high among the crew.

-Indigo
Indigo, you just made me throw back my head and laugh. Then laugh some more. (I would look to your poorest spellers of the crew for the culprit.) Thanks for your impish cleverness!

And "Emma, have a cup of tea and relax. Remember Old Scratch loves you too. True, his ways are sometimes rather... odd, but he is an undead witchdoctor after all. And when he says: "Captain, I and I wouldn't touch that pretty glowing ball hovering over the cattails in the marsh -- do listen. Unlike what I did and let my curiosity get the better of me... experience can be a painful teacher."

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Boooshbeerddd livs!!!

-Indigo
Lol, well he and Frodo are in good company

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
Indigo, you just made me throw back my head and laugh. Then laugh some more. (I would look to your poorest spellers of the crew for the culprit.) Thanks for your impish cleverness!

And "Emma, have a cup of tea and relax. Remember Old Scratch loves you too. True, his ways are sometimes rather... odd, but he is an undead witchdoctor after all. And when he says: "Captain, I and I wouldn't touch that pretty glowing ball hovering over the cattails in the marsh -- do listen. Unlike what I did and let my curiosity get the better of me... experience can be a painful teacher."
-sips tea- Aquilan Mountain Tea... Oh yea. Sorry Scratch. Hehe.

Scratch replies, "It be alright, Captain my Captain. I an' I have no reason for vengeance."

Good, cause I love that hat of yours. -is suddenly wearing a Witchdoctor top hat-

Ciao!

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
actually AQ ia just greek the romans just copied most of their ideas and their gods but changed their names I:

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Rosabellexoxo on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
actually AQ ia just greek the romans just copied most of their ideas and their gods but changed their names I:
Aquila, as has been said before is a mix of Greek and Roman references. Most of the names are Greek, but there are some Roman artifacts as well, for example, Centurians were an officer class in the Roman army, specifically Centurians were placed in charge of exactly 100 Roman legionnares.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012

Boooshbeerddd livs!!!

-Indigo
Oh great. I think we can blame this on the one who's worst with spelling and grammar. And I think we should check the crew's rooms, just to see if we can find some crayons. Scratch has never been good with grammar, but then again, we are pirates and he's undead.....

At least it wasn't blood! I'd be kinda happy if it was written in cake or tea... That would be a lot more benevolent than crayon disguised as blood. But it wouldn't have the same menacing effect.

Ciao!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I thought about a spelling "contest" to see if I could identify the culprit. Unfortunately when I went ashore to to buy some paper for the crew to write on I discovered something that I had never noted before: there are no stationary shops, office supply stores, general stores, or indeed any stores that sell basic goods. Weird, isn't it. One fellow in Port Regal did helpfully suggest that I could obtain sheets of paper from sinking Amber Horde ships...

-Indigo

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Indigo Ring on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
I thought about a spelling "contest" to see if I could identify the culprit. Unfortunately when I went ashore to to buy some paper for the crew to write on I discovered something that I had never noted before: there are no stationary shops, office supply stores, general stores, or indeed any stores that sell basic goods. Weird, isn't it. One fellow in Port Regal did helpfully suggest that I could obtain sheets of paper from sinking Amber Horde ships...

-Indigo
-hands one out of seven hundred pencils and a couple pieces of paper- I always have extras. I love drawing, so why not keep some pencils and paper on hand? -shrugs-

Ciao!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
Oh great. I think we can blame this on the one who's worst with spelling and grammar. And I think we should check the crew's rooms, just to see if we can find some crayons. Scratch has never been good with grammar, but then again, we are pirates and he's undead.....

At least it wasn't blood! I'd be kinda happy if it was written in cake or tea... That would be a lot more benevolent than crayon disguised as blood. But it wouldn't have the same menacing effect.

Ciao!
And would be a terrible waste of tea and/or cake. Also, have you tried to get icing stains out of wood? Nearly impossible to do!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Uh oh! Wizard101 just received Aquila in the test realm. And some of my dynamite storage is missing. I don't like the look of this....

Ciao!