Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do you have an idea‽

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 23, 2011
I would like to see a quest that interacts directly with the person who raised us, like when we choose our stories at the beginning of the game. So a Skull Island, Krokotopia, etc. quest.

Ensign
Dec 02, 2012
Ok, first, I would like to point out that there should be a way for Crown buyers to post on these message boards. I'm not really sure if you should charge them, but it would be very convenient since you can spend crowns on almost anything else.
But on to my idea. I think, since we are, of course, pirates, there should be trade. I do not mean trade like trading treasure cards in Wizard101, but trade such as taking goods from one area to another. I imagine this could be a whole new way to spend time after losing membership, and a great thing to do with it, like how gardening was. You could start with something simple, like trading fish from Jonah Town to Rapa Nui, then when you progress past the side quest of the rat pack, from Strong John to the other blacksmiths, and work your way to things really outstretched, like trading yum from the Frogfather (or the Yum Juicer in Bounty Island for more profits,) across to all the Taverns in the Spiral, perhaps rewarded after receiving the Badge Tavern Crawler. This may also give a new use for the ship category Maps, to show which areas you need to go to and in what order. Perhaps, for completing a certain trade route, you may be given special items for your ship, like a Yum or Mana Potion keg, or a crate of yum yum fruit (when anchored, perhaps the fruit can fly around on your ship). Now, i don't think these tradings should be given as quests, but maybe something that can constantly be repeated. The best part about all this, however, would be that the suppliers would only give enough cargo to fit about 25% of your cargo hold, so pirates can battle other ships with the same goods to completely fill up their ship. Someone would do this because the suppliers would pay you by crate, not by task. Perhaps so you can pay them more, you could put a spoiling system, so the things that are fresh will be rewarded more. If you wanted to recover at least a little of the cash, you could try to extend its shelf life. For example, if you were to trade fish from Jonah Town to Rapa Nui, you could make the fish last longer by taking them to that seemingly useless salting shop. This would extend its shelf life but it may cost you some money. I think since some ships can beat others with one shot, though, there should be some way to have ships only able to battle the same class and origin. This is just one of my ideas, and though it is a little extravagant, I think it would greatly add to the game, so i hope you consider it.
Jacques De Bouff, Lvl. 16

Community Leader
I would love to see another brief reference to a large plan involving our parents, like the one in Gortez's instance. Whatever that maybe - discovering a letter they left for us many years ago, a side quest with a string of clues to discover some treasure they meant us to have, etc - just another reference to them as a larger part of the storyline. If I recall correctly, they haven't been mentioned much since Gortez, aside from the fact that they're in Pollo's picture. I'd love to see that storyline explored a bit more.

Ensign
Dec 02, 2012
I think for a new world you should add Gobblerton, since that story was never fully completed. I think what happened could have been something like this: the Gobblers were a happy civilization, but under them trouble brewed. A long time ago, the Gobblers enslaved a race of people made entirely of candy. The gobbler's ordered them to erect their homes and businesses, and in return they wouldn't eat them. But the Candies were getting restless: some Gobbler's ate them whether or not they served diligently. Therefore, the candies hired a group of powerful witches to drive them out. The witches did their job: the entire Gobbler Monarchy immigrated to lands unknown, (Mainly Colossus Boulevard) but some gobblers decided to stay and form a resistance of sorts, whose only refuge were some scoured ships and a secret base at the edge of the skyway. I think, as another reward for winning the competition, the gingerbread ship designs could be used in the Candy People's Navy. Now, I don't know what you would be doing there for it to fit in with the storyline (maybe the Golden Gobbler was made from the gold on El Dorado or something), but I think it would be a really fun world.
Jacques De Bouff, Lvl 17

Ensign
Dec 19, 2008
EvoTheory on Sep 27, 2012 wrote:
it would be nice to be able to place companions in your housing area, especially for the larger estates to help them feel lived in, and not just an abandoned island. maybe available as a reward for each companions first promotion, or after each companion has seen X number of battles?
i would love to see companions on big islands like the houses in crownshop or bundles so it does not look so lonely i would also like to see pets on the island so it somewhat looks like natural wildlife on the island with residents instead of just an island

Ensign
Feb 04, 2013
This is what I think would be a FANTASTIC idea. For the people that pay for membership, how about giving them monthly crowns. Thanks.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
If a feature is added that allows pirates to change their flag devices and colors, I would like to see more devices. There is a nice selection now (and I love seeing the different ways people combine these devices, backgrounds and colors), but more is better - esp. as more pirates show up.

It would be nice you could equip a companion with an item of equipment. Perhaps just one item each, to keep them from becoming too powerful. One way would be just to allow us to give them a hat, weapon, ring, or whatever from the normal stuff we find (class and level restrictions would apply). Alternatively, a new class of companion equipment items could be created. I don't think it would be necessary to alter the animation for the companion (although I would love to give level 3 Ratbeard a different hat), since that would be a nightmare for the game developers. But giving a companion a single item slot wouldn't be too difficult to program* since it would just alter their stats and maybe give them a new spell/attack/etc. card to activate.

The trading idea is interesting. But you should be able to sale your fish in different locations, so you have incentive to shop around and negotiate.

-Michael

*Says the guy who knows nothing about programing...

Ensign
Dec 19, 2008
zxah1 on Sep 28, 2012 wrote:
One thing that could be really cool would be cabins on the pirate ship. It could be like your dorm, and you could show off your recent treausres in there. Your friends could also see inside when they get on your boat. Just an idea though.
and maybe a ladder down to the cannons so people can manually shoot while the captain fires as well in a ladder down to there then a separate door door the captains quarters to show off i think this would be an awesome idea and that it would make things a little more realistic

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Avery on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
We love to hear how you would change or improve Pirate101, so please go ahead and post your ideas here!
I have an idea, pirates can give gold by letter. You would need to list level like 5 - 9 for example and if you want more specific who, for another example and I'm making this up "Brave Braden Silver". You would also need to verify the amount of gold and as yet another example 500 pieces of gold. Hope you like the idea K.I. I know I do.

Ensign
Mar 11, 2012
My idea is this when you buy a crown shop item in the crown shop if you sell that item you should get crowns back for them. maybe 75% back maybe not full price.

Ensign
Jan 04, 2013
Other than the companion from Marco Pollo's map I think we should get a Ninja Pig companion.
It would be awesome having one.
Also there should be more pirate based mounts.
There aren't many of them in the Crown Shop.
There should be like two person mounts or three.
I even have an idea for a two or three person mount.
A mini ship you can sail on land. wouldn't that be awesome?

Ensign
Dec 02, 2012
Indigo Ring on Feb 6, 2013 wrote:
If a feature is added that allows pirates to change their flag devices and colors, I would like to see more devices. There is a nice selection now (and I love seeing the different ways people combine these devices, backgrounds and colors), but more is better - esp. as more pirates show up.

It would be nice you could equip a companion with an item of equipment. Perhaps just one item each, to keep them from becoming too powerful. One way would be just to allow us to give them a hat, weapon, ring, or whatever from the normal stuff we find (class and level restrictions would apply). Alternatively, a new class of companion equipment items could be created. I don't think it would be necessary to alter the animation for the companion (although I would love to give level 3 Ratbeard a different hat), since that would be a nightmare for the game developers. But giving a companion a single item slot wouldn't be too difficult to program* since it would just alter their stats and maybe give them a new spell/attack/etc. card to activate.

The trading idea is interesting. But you should be able to sale your fish in different locations, so you have incentive to shop around and negotiate.

-Michael

*Says the guy who knows nothing about programing...
Building on the trade idea, maybe you could battle normal enemies and get certain items to trade as well. For example, you could battle Batacuda and get batacuda wings for that lady in the tavern for her slumgullion stew.
I guess it could be a little like the reagents system, like you have to gather certain items for certain trade routes.

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
Here is some ideas for pirate101.(and sorry if some spelling is not correct. i'm not the best speller.) I tend to see my ship sailing past something that looks like Dragonspyier every time i go to the world with the armada HQ (i think it is at the least. I don't know for sure.) and, i am a dragon fan so, i thought something dragon like would be cool. Also, people that play Wizard101 know about the dino bundle and Azteca. People that play Pirate101 know about the new tribal pack. SO, why not make Azteca themed pets or new bundle for Pirate101. It's your biggest francize KI. Also one more thing. one itty bity small thing...TURN DOWN THE DIFFICALTY OF COOL RANCH PLEASEWhy I ask this is because let's face it, it's hard and you know it! I tend to see my self wanting crowns JUST to get a new conpanion and get past something, The drop rating is poor, and every time i win a brodside combat, i don't collect any thing! ANY THING AT ALLIf you and/or your conpanions are to low in level, you are most likely to lose! Thats all i have for you. I hope you like it! From, Merciless MadisonFisher. Level 16, Whichdocter.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2012
alexthersorcerer on Aug 13, 2012 wrote:
I was thinking about that P101 is ways better and realistical than W101 (which is pretty realistic) and I wondered why you can block a gunshot. Dodge is ok, pirates can do this, but blocking a gushot is like super ninja power. Not realistic.Also it would equil the scales for s against s. Think of it.
Thanks
Alex
buying mounts with gold. and giving the other classes mustang sally as well as el toro. I did an experiment between my swashbuckler and witchdoctor. The swashbuckler got WAY better companions!
- wicked scarlet

Ensign
Jun 16, 2012
natenkate on Oct 9, 2012 wrote:
Because if you do choose to play both games, you can use crowns you purchase on either of them. If you start a seperate account for Pirate101, you would have to make a seperate crowns purchase to have them on both accounts. You also will get a subscription discount if you choose to subscribe to both games on one account. Think of it as being your Kingsisle account rather than one game account or another. Then you are just choosing which Kingisle game to play on your account.
earning crowns!!!! now THAT would be awesome!!!!!!

Ensign
Jul 22, 2012
Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
maddiepink2 on Feb 9, 2013 wrote:
Here is some ideas for pirate101.(and sorry if some spelling is not correct. i'm not the best speller.) I tend to see my ship sailing past something that looks like Dragonspyier every time i go to the world with the armada HQ (i think it is at the least. I don't know for sure.) and, i am a dragon fan so, i thought something dragon like would be cool. Also, people that play Wizard101 know about the dino bundle and Azteca. People that play Pirate101 know about the new tribal pack. SO, why not make Azteca themed pets or new bundle for Pirate101. It's your biggest francize KI. Also one more thing. one itty bity small thing...TURN DOWN THE DIFFICALTY OF COOL RANCH PLEASEWhy I ask this is because let's face it, it's hard and you know it! I tend to see my self wanting crowns JUST to get a new conpanion and get past something, The drop rating is poor, and every time i win a brodside combat, i don't collect any thing! ANY THING AT ALLIf you and/or your conpanions are to low in level, you are most likely to lose! Thats all i have for you. I hope you like it! From, Merciless MadisonFisher. Level 16, Whichdocter.
cool ranch isn't that hard. it has good drops too, but you need to know where to farm. i would suggest doing side quests to level up and also to do the sheriff quests in the coopers roost sheriffs office. they give u a companion that is really worth it.
sincerely, Fearless Ryan Holystone level 50 swashbuckler.

Ensign
Jan 04, 2012
i would like more companions for levels 19-40. i would also like turtle men, pray mantis and lions. please make this happen

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
I'd really like to see more mounts in the game. Here are some easy ones but I'm hoping KI has even more wonderful ideas.

• A Surfboard
  • A Surfboard with a sail (They are called Wind Surfers. Just Google it, lots of cool pictures of them in action)
  • A Hang Glider
  • A Row Boat (could be for two people)

Please, no more borrowing from Wizard101 when it comes to Mount ideas. Not sure who approved riding around on a Panther or a Dinosaur for a Pirate game but..... didn't really say "Pirate" to me.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
This is one that tons of my pals (and me especially) want to see become a reality. armada ships as buyable. I really want to get one and i am thinking that you guys at KI could make it happen. and maybe you could add it in when we return to valencia (cuz, lets face it, we did too little there).

Ensign
Nov 12, 2012
hmm I would suggest better companion system?
also
more main characters like the ones that vary in main dialog like Sarah Steele and such.

Ensign
May 28, 2010
I would love to see crafting implemented for this game. Also ship cabins for the ships with cabin doors that you can decorate that also function as a meeting hall for the crew. And houses for each world.

Ensign
Nov 20, 2012
After we find El Dorado, we should go on the next HUGE quest FINDING YOUR PARENTS or at least clues and pictures for if you didn't picked lost. The companion you find in the prestonio leads the way and they tell you about the last time they saw them etc.

Anthony Strong level 32 (and counting)

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Two words; Guild expansion. I just thought that if they made a guild expansion where you could make offical guilds it would be neat. Not waring as I know clans in Wizard101 like to do. The guilds would be like merchant guilds or training guilds or perhaps help guilds. It's all just an idea that I wouldn't mind not seen added to Pirate101. If you think this is good Merchant guilds would sell stuff they have, which would be complicated. Training guilds help sharpen a players strategy. And finally help guilds would just aid low level players.

Hope you like this Kingsilse cause I do. Goodbye for now.

Ensign
Dec 02, 2012
noahdd on Feb 13, 2013 wrote:
Two words; Guild expansion. I just thought that if they made a guild expansion where you could make offical guilds it would be neat. Not waring as I know clans in Wizard101 like to do. The guilds would be like merchant guilds or training guilds or perhaps help guilds. It's all just an idea that I wouldn't mind not seen added to Pirate101. If you think this is good Merchant guilds would sell stuff they have, which would be complicated. Training guilds help sharpen a players strategy. And finally help guilds would just aid low level players.

Hope you like this Kingsilse cause I do. Goodbye for now.
Maybe to do with this, it would be cool to have blacksmiths and tailors for crafting weapons and clothing. For example, if you wanted to make the hat skin that looks like the plume of the black rose(brown hat with colored giant feather) you could get silk or cloth from the house guzman ships and the colored feather from scarakeets, blue and yellow from the ones on deirdre's ship, orange from the ones on the isle of doom, and pink and black from Nikeeta. What would be really cool is if you were given a number of points while crafting, and you got to choose the stats using these points.

Jacques de Bouff, lvl 29