Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do you have an idea‽

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
apollyon92882 on Sep 22, 2012 wrote:
When in battle the small colored dots on your enemies tend to be hard to see, especially since all the colors used are blue/green. Why not use more differentiation between the colors of the 4 players in the fight.

Also I do not like that you have to hover over each player & their crew members 1 at a time to determine where/who they are attacking. A better mechanic would be to reverse this and have the attack paths show up when you hover over the enemy you are planning to attack. This would let you see that everyone is attacking the same person much faster than the little dots do.

In wizard 101 you had worked out the system where each player and enemy was identified by an item such as a sun or dagger and under each player showed their attack and who they were attacking. I think this mechanic needs to be polished a bit more as it is hard to get used to.
I like the idea of different colored dots for each main player in battle, and I agree that scrolling over a group character to see its path would be much easier.

Ensign
Jan 25, 2010
I'd like to be able to get the health bottles without having to stand right on top of them (which sometimes doesn't work, either). In Wizard101, if you get close to a health/mana wisp, it's yours. Here, I have to hit the bottle dead center in order to hopefully get it. I know that an answer might be that the wisps are magic while the bottles are just bottles, but the bottles fly, so there is already an element of "unreality".

Ensign
Feb 17, 2009
Seamstress please!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe I LOVE the pirate outfits and would love to keep their look throughout the game instead of having to wear cowboy duds or other clothes.
It would be so great if the wonderful pull-down menu from Pirate wound up in Wiz too. It leaves the screen free to see all the awesome graphics ;) thanks guys!!

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
tabithadragonsong1... on Sep 27, 2012 wrote:
Seamstress please!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe I LOVE the pirate outfits and would love to keep their look throughout the game instead of having to wear cowboy duds or other clothes.
It would be so great if the wonderful pull-down menu from Pirate wound up in Wiz too. It leaves the screen free to see all the awesome graphics ;) thanks guys!!
Yes, it would be very nice to have the ability to stitch items.

Ensign
Mar 25, 2009
it would be nice to be able to place companions in your housing area, especially for the larger estates to help them feel lived in, and not just an abandoned island. maybe available as a reward for each companions first promotion, or after each companion has seen X number of battles?

Ensign
Aug 15, 2010
I would love if you consider stopping the timers on the crown elixers when not engaged in any battles as it takes a lot of your time going from one end of a skyway to the other end of the next to enter a battle and only have a few minutes left on the timers. i have spent just about the entire day playing around with this and it just seems like it is just way to expensive to buy an XP elixer for 800 crowns and battle twice maybe 3 times if your lucky unless you are in the skyways battling.

Community Leader
I would like to be able to rename my companions. Everyone seems to be running around with a Subodai Horse Barbarian.

I'd also like to name my mount. And in the original beta version, when you purchased a mount you could choose your own colors for it. I really liked having my Thunderous Kirin painted in the same colors as my ships crew. It not only looked great, but it made the mount "mine" so to speak. I know there's no plans to allow a mount to be dyed; but what about going back to this original ability to choose the color upon purchase. Especially those from the crown shop. Technically we're paying real money for those and it would be great if we could customize the mount we're paying for.

It would also be nice to have an option to "take a picture" of your character with the desired selected gear beyond that of a screen print. One where there's no extra game icons on the screen. A portrait shop for instance. A place where you can take a picture of your pirate with a choice of backgrounds; or with your selected ship in the background, maybe you want to have a pic of your pirate with his/her entire crew, pet or mount etc. A Portrait Shop..that would be cool.

I've always wanted my Pirate to go "home" and sit by the fire. Perhaps an option to walk up to a chair or sofa and press X to allow them to sit.

As a Mom I'm often playing during the day when my son is at school. But that also means I'm doing housework on and off during that time. Typically I'll find a place for my character to stand safely and rush off to do something hoping I can get it done before the session expires. It would be great if I could take my pirate home, lay down on the bed and take a nap for a little extra time than the normal expiration time. Maybe 20min max, before the session ends.

Finally, I love the ships. But I'd love to be able to go beneath the main deck to the Captain's Quarters and decorate it like a home, where we could keep maps, & sextants and such.

Oct 31, 2008
Pirate's Portal on Sep 28, 2012 wrote:
I would like to be able to rename my companions. Everyone seems to be running around with a Subodai Horse Barbarian.

I'd also like to name my mount. And in the original beta version, when you purchased a mount you could choose your own colors for it. I really liked having my Thunderous Kirin painted in the same colors as my ships crew. It not only looked great, but it made the mount "mine" so to speak. I know there's no plans to allow a mount to be dyed; but what about going back to this original ability to choose the color upon purchase. Especially those from the crown shop. Technically we're paying real money for those and it would be great if we could customize the mount we're paying for.

It would also be nice to have an option to "take a picture" of your character with the desired selected gear beyond that of a screen print. One where there's no extra game icons on the screen. A portrait shop for instance. A place where you can take a picture of your pirate with a choice of backgrounds; or with your selected ship in the background, maybe you want to have a pic of your pirate with his/her entire crew, pet or mount etc. A Portrait Shop..that would be cool.

I've always wanted my Pirate to go "home" and sit by the fire. Perhaps an option to walk up to a chair or sofa and press X to allow them to sit.

As a Mom I'm often playing during the day when my son is at school. But that also means I'm doing housework on and off during that time. Typically I'll find a place for my character to stand safely and rush off to do something hoping I can get it done before the session expires. It would be great if I could take my pirate home, lay down on the bed and take a nap for a little extra time than the normal expiration time. Maybe 20min max, before the session ends.

Finally, I love the ships. But I'd love to be able to go beneath the main deck to the Captain's Quarters and decorate it like a home, where we could keep maps, & sextants and such.

I really like that picture/screenshot idea.
The issue about taking a nap amused me a bit! ;)
FYI, it appears the ole Wizards spin trick works in Pirates also (to keep you from being dc'd from inactivity).

Ensign
May 10, 2009
One thing that could be really cool would be cabins on the pirate ship. It could be like your dorm, and you could show off your recent treausres in there. Your friends could also see inside when they get on your boat. Just an idea though.

Ensign
Nov 20, 2010
Shadow Rider on Sep 6, 2012 wrote:
A hotkey to get on/off out mounts. I've noticed that some areas it is easier to get around when I was off the mount (too fast and/or vision too blocked).
I agree. Especially in tunnel areas, when I turn to cross the path, all I can see is my Thunderous Kirin's big behind on my screen

Ensign
Feb 15, 2010
tridiman on Jun 21, 2012 wrote:
I think we really need a seamstress or something. yeah the main costumes are oK and I have found a sort of decent hat but the shoes I swear they make my feet hurt just looking at them. Now normally "in the real world" I don't think much about style or anything, but then again I don't watch myself running down the street from a backside view so much either currently I have to wear the spur adorned, wellingtons (yeah I swear they look like green rubber boots) it was either that or some leather wrapped things without the attribs I like. and port royal is even worse. wonder if something like a clothing design contest would fix this in future releases ;)
Yes, I also agree to perhaps make a gear design contest for Pirate101. A lot of the clothing designs are nice, but you know there's a lot of stylish pirates out there. Maybe create some more elegant longer dresses for the girls, and longer coats/capes for the boys.

Ensign
Feb 15, 2010
alexthersorcerer on Aug 13, 2012 wrote:
I was thinking about that P101 is ways better and realistical than W101 (which is pretty realistic) and I wondered why you can block a gunshot. Dodge is ok, pirates can do this, but blocking a gushot is like super ninja power. Not realistic.Also it would equil the scales for s against s. Think of it.
Thanks
Alex
You have to be able to get the ability to block a sparkshooter because it wouldn't be equally fair. Then everyone would just have sparkshooters and no one could block, everyone would keep getting hit by the shots. That's part of the fun seeing if your companions or ememies block or not. And I believe back in pirate times there bullets weren't as powerful as they are now. The bullets were possibly more rounded, and if they had a good enough steel sword they could of possibly actually blocked it. Think of the sword as a mirror and the lightning from the spark shooter, it just richoshetes off into the sky.

Ensign
Feb 15, 2010
zxah1 on Sep 28, 2012 wrote:
One thing that could be really cool would be cabins on the pirate ship. It could be like your dorm, and you could show off your recent treausres in there. Your friends could also see inside when they get on your boat. Just an idea though.
I also think that would be a great idea! Showing off your treasures and perhaps have all your companions in there like in the tavern cellars.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I believe Pirates should have equippable Hand Shields and Hand Gloves/Gauntlets. As such, Hand Shields should provide more damage protection against enemy attacks, and Hand Gloves/Gauntlets should provide more attack power to attacks. Hey, even Pirates do have shields and hand gauntlets in their adventuring days. Please put those in the game! I would REALLY like to wear Shields and Hand Gloves/Gauntlets!

Ensign
Jan 25, 2010
Being able to set a teleport point, other than the life points (or maybe letting us set which life point we want to be active for us at any particular time) would be great. There is a LOT of going back and forth between worlds, and teleporting (like in W101) would save a lot of wasted time.

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2010
I'd like the ability to mark your spot as in Wizard. Traveling is wearing me out
Speaking of traveling, I'd like the ability to teleport to my ship.
I'd like more explanation, maybe with examples, in the documentation as to what powers and abilities do. Same thing goes with stuff like armor. Does armor just take off damage by the number shown? Or is something else going on?
When PVP becomes available, I would like to see the end of a battle put everyone into "No Chat" mode, and you can't talk until you leave the arena. Poor sportsmanship is almost the defining quality of Wizard PVP.
I'd like to see the side quests help you gain levels instead of giving you piddling amounts of experience. I want to be encouraged to trudge through the game rather than fly through it.
I'd like to know at what levels companions will get more epic talents.
I'd like privateer companions to be able to heal. I bought one with crowns under that assumption and then was stuck with him like my wife.
In both Pirate and Wizard, I'd like to see an "invisible hat" that you can stitch your existing hat onto. Basically it would just show your hair, looking as though you don't have a hat on.
Port over some Wizard capabilities: for instance, bazaar, clothes dying, clothes stiching...
When anchored, you should be able to go below-deck on your ship, place furniture there, etc. This would make it more like a house and a good place for player get-togethers.
In the quest screen, the main-line quest should be identified with a star or something.
Pets should be set to attack the enemy with the lowest health if it is within reach.
You should be able to set the time of day at your house. Change the sky to night time, for example.
When at your house, you should be able to board your ship and select a skylane.
Breaking barrels in combat should give you the chance to find more treasure when the battle is over.

Ensign
Feb 18, 2010
Pirate's Portal on Sep 28, 2012 wrote:

LOL! I sent KI a suggestion for a Portrait shop in Wiz101 some time ago! Glad to see someone else has the same idea! And I love the idea of decorating our ships' cabins.
I also agree with others re: the need for marking my location and teleporting.
I want a way to communicate with other ships when I am battling. So many times I have wanted to transmit an SOS to others I see out there. At other times I either want to fight solo or can't afford the extra time or loss of health when others join the battle. Perhaps there could be a system of "flags" that could indicate "SOS", "Feel free to join" or "Please don't board".

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
brave bess bellamy on Oct 2, 2012 wrote:
LOL! I sent KI a suggestion for a Portrait shop in Wiz101 some time ago! Glad to see someone else has the same idea! And I love the idea of decorating our ships' cabins.
I also agree with others re: the need for marking my location and teleporting.
I want a way to communicate with other ships when I am battling. So many times I have wanted to transmit an SOS to others I see out there. At other times I either want to fight solo or can't afford the extra time or loss of health when others join the battle. Perhaps there could be a system of "flags" that could indicate "SOS", "Feel free to join" or "Please don't board".
"SOS" sounds like a good idea if one needs help in the skyways.

Ensign
Dec 15, 2009
Id like to see an option/slider to adjust the speed of camera rotation. Everytime i login i forget how fast the camera rotates around when i click and move, i usually end up causing rapid 360s making myself dizzy, lol.
Also the ability for the character to strafe/sidestep would be nice (ie. while holding rightmouse 'a' and 'd' would cause the player to sidestep. Also usable while moving forward and back, for some diagonal-nes :P), it would make maneuvering easier i think. (ships don't need that option naturally)

Ensign
Jun 03, 2009
Hello all,
I was wondering IF this game is not part of Wizard101 then why are we told in beta to use Our user names and passowrds from Wizard101 to play in Beta? After the launch will this change?

Ensign
Aug 02, 2012
I am haveing a wonderful time playing Pirate101, But i do miss the finding of hidden free houseing items. I think it added to me exploring all areas more knowing i might find something free for my home. Thus far i have not found anything so i am assuming there is not any free housing items in the game.

Ensign
Sep 24, 2011
Avery on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
We love to hear how you would change or improve Pirate101, so please go ahead and post your ideas here!
Please, please, PLEASE add a "mark spot - teleport to location" buttons to the game. Thank you.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2009
I completely agree with everything that SpringWolf said. Renaming companions would be AWESOME! Even if not renaming the Companions with specific quests, just kind of the aside ones would be great. Coloring mounts would be a splendid idea! And pets, too. Before a couple wipes ago, I was able to buy a Sky Snake pet and make it purple right as I was buying it. Then, after the next wipe I tried to get it again, and the Sky Snake had been replaced with the Flying Rattlesnake- which was yellow and could not be dyed, and thus not as attractive (to me, at least). I was quite disappointed. :( And as for teleportation, I think that having a ship port at your home would solve a lot of problems: You could choose which Skyway to sail in, much like the World Gate in Wizzy. This wouldn't be too wizard-ish, and would cut travel times (once you'd sailed there manually first, of course) immensely. As has been discussed, this would encourage people to help each other without fear of losing their spot in the world; they could just go right back, or at least close. :)

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
Yar, I Have a Idea out of this Sea what about If us Fellow' Pirates Could Craft our Own Pirate wear.

Raises Your Hooks' And Yell Arrr you Ready?
Because....
-The Real Clever Ellie Here

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
faxbot882 on Oct 3, 2012 wrote:
Hello all,
I was wondering IF this game is not part of Wizard101 then why are we told in beta to use Our user names and passowrds from Wizard101 to play in Beta? After the launch will this change?
Because if you do choose to play both games, you can use crowns you purchase on either of them. If you start a seperate account for Pirate101, you would have to make a seperate crowns purchase to have them on both accounts. You also will get a subscription discount if you choose to subscribe to both games on one account. Think of it as being your Kingsisle account rather than one game account or another. Then you are just choosing which Kingisle game to play on your account.