Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

You know you play too much Pirate101 when...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 18, 2014
5
i get really into the strory line amd i just cant get off lol

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
When you look for the yar button while reading text messages on your phone. I received this one yesterday and it was most definitely yar worthy:

'I'm picking up pizzas on my way home from shopping. Would you like an ice cream from the store?'

Yar...yar...yar...and yar some more!!!

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
89
You know you play too much Pirate101 when... companion edition!

1. You nickname your cat Catbeard
2. You have nicknames for all your companions, like Catbread, Admiral Danny, and (my pokemon/Pirate101 mashup name) El Tauros!
3. You decide to give all your companions theme's, so El Tauros doesn't feel like the odd one out!
4. You make backstories for all your non-storyline companions (It was fun making my cat pirate's backstory, since the last name was O'Leary!)
5. You try to find out all of the lines your companions say in the training menu.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
44
Ye know you play too much pirate101 when you buy 4 stacks of $80 crowns. Seriously.

Also, apperently One-Eyed Jack (Who I will call Jaxo) said there will be a suspension of roleplay threads. Which means that we need to roleplay in the existing threads. Because I'm two lazy to actually Roleplay in those threads...

Abdallah Smith: "So Jaxo wants us not to roleplay."
Cultus Mackabee: "Yer kidding, right? Did he lose his reason with his eye?"
Smith: "Why're you asking me?"

Petty Officer
Mar 23, 2011
64
When you get beaten in another game and say: "ugh stupid op swashbucklers!"

Ensign
Dec 27, 2015
3
You know you play way too much Pirate101 when you start shipping the characters together! (Don Rodrigo + Hawkules all the way! )

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
97
You know you play too much Pirate101 when you randomly yell out "Avast ye!" or "Quiet, you lubbers".

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
45
Mastermind M on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
It was on the Wizard101 forums and was loads of fun, so I thought, "Why not bring it here?" So here it is! For those who don't know what this is about, the title is self explanatory. So for example:

You know you're playing Pirate101 too much when you talk with a British accent because in your backstory you were born in Marleybone.

I look forward to seeing what responses you come up with! Get creative, young pirate!

Ruthless Rebecca Radcliffe
My back story is Grizzleheim but don't speak like a Viking yet...

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
70
You know you play too much pirate101 when you...
A: start to believe that you're related to Goronado.
B: start to say aye instead or yes and nay instead of no.

Bold Ryan Richardson (lvl 70) and noobs.

Ensign
Jun 23, 2014
5
You know you play too much Pirate101 when...

You can easily, off the top of your head, explain to someone the full, elaborate backstory you've concocted for your pirate.

You go on Wizard 101 and expect the menu to come out from the top of the screen instead of clicking your spellbook (every time)

You hear one of the many pop culture quotes Pirate101 references throughout the game and immediately think of Pirate101 instead of the original movie/tv show/etc.

You spend most of your time in the create-a-pirate, scrolling through the name list trying to match it as closely as possible to the name of your favorite movie/tv show/ game character.

Every time you play chess, you automatically think of the final battle with Kane.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
619
.... when you can recite all of your favorite character's dialogue clips at any given time....

Ensign
Dec 26, 2015
3
You know you play Pirate101 too much when...

1) When you create a new character, you recite everything Boochbeard, Mr. Gandry, and Captain Avery say at the same time as them with the same tone of voice

2) You name your pets after your companions

3) Your parents yell at you to stop playing after 7 hours and you say, "One minute, I need to finish this battle!" Your parents say, "Fine, 5 minutes." And they come back an hour later and you are still playing

4) You try to create characters for your parents or siblings who do not play and they are instantly bored but you play their character anyway

5) You name your cat Catbeard

6) You watch Harry Potter and when you see Scabbers you try to explain that it was a movie mistake and his name is Ratbeard

7) You name your dog Lucky Jack Russell

8) You ship your companions together

9) You have all max level characters so you have to either create a new account or delete your max levels

10) You draw all your companions and your character talking (if you are a good drawer)

-Elizabeth Voss level 70 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Dec 18, 2010
28
You know you play too much pirate101 when...

10. When you are on vacation all you think about is going back home to play more pirate101

9. When you are on a different game and get mad when the X key doesn't do anything

8. When you have lucid dreams about pirate101

7. When you suddenly realize your dog "could" be a redcoat

6. When you've lost all trust in monkeys

5. When someone talks about robots, you fantasize about defeating Kane

4. When you ask your cat if he's met catbeard

3. When you wonder what your character does when you're not playing

2. When you start to get a cold and wish miracle mitch was here

1. You realize that you've done ALL of these (guilty!)

Bonus: You have made a very detailed backstory for all of your characters (again, guilty)

Ensign
May 11, 2009
4
You know you play too much Pirate101 when you almost mix up the names of real historical figures and places with the ones in-game.

On school assignments.

...Multiple times.

(I've had at least one close call with accidentally saying "Marco Pollo" instead of "Marco Polo" in front of someone)

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
732
1.Going out with a friend for dinner and asked " What is that dish ? " Then the server said " General Tso Chicken." Then replied " I hope the general is not too attached to his pet."

2. Morn at the store and every time you see a chicken brand labeled Tyson.Thinking he was knocked out and never got up and said " This companion will be missed."

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
308
When your riding in a car at night and think you see your friends pet armadillo dancing in the side walk

Ensign
Jul 16, 2015
5
TheSpiderBozz on Jul 15, 2016 wrote:
You know you play too much Pirate101 when... companion edition!

1. You nickname your cat Catbeard
2. You have nicknames for all your companions, like Catbread, Admiral Danny, and (my pokemon/Pirate101 mashup name) El Tauros!
3. You decide to give all your companions theme's, so El Tauros doesn't feel like the odd one out!
4. You make backstories for all your non-storyline companions (It was fun making my cat pirate's backstory, since the last name was O'Leary!)
5. You try to find out all of the lines your companions say in the training menu.
oml I am laughing so hard right now.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
When you freak out if someone wants you to play chess with them.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
When you want to throw your computer across the room because your pet just got another useless talent but then you realize your an adult and it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Then you wonder why it actually kind of does. Then you throw yourself into a paradox of realizing that even though your character isn't real he makes you feel and experience real things and then you wonder if he has really developed a personality that is hidden in a black box in the logs. Then you weird yourself out and decide you need sleep.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9386
DuranteRamses87 on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
When you want to throw your computer across the room because your pet just got another useless talent but then you realize your an adult and it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Then you wonder why it actually kind of does. Then you throw yourself into a paradox of realizing that even though your character isn't real he makes you feel and experience real things and then you wonder if he has really developed a personality that is hidden in a black box in the logs. Then you weird yourself out and decide you need sleep.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
If I could 'yar' this twice I would. Lol, I do the same thing!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
anecorbie on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
If I could 'yar' this twice I would. Lol, I do the same thing!
I actually gave this a lot of thought. Like yes its an avatar but it has my feelings and emotions.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
DuranteRamses87 on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
When you want to throw your computer across the room because your pet just got another useless talent but then you realize your an adult and it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Then you wonder why it actually kind of does. Then you throw yourself into a paradox of realizing that even though your character isn't real he makes you feel and experience real things and then you wonder if he has really developed a personality that is hidden in a black box in the logs. Then you weird yourself out and decide you need sleep.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Then you wonder if your character is just as much a creation of your own as it is KI because although KI allowed them to exist, you created a personality and backstory for them. Then you think that if most of your pirate's identity is solely in your imagination perhaps YOU are your pirate and a pirate is really a vehicle for your dream of having a flying ship that deep down you know is impossible but it still is possible in the spiral and if the pirate is you and the pirate is in the spiral, technically you do have a flying ship but you really don't because the game isn't real. But then you start to think maybe the game is actually real because reality has no purpose, only the perception of reality has any real meaning and if the game is real to you then you actually DO have a flying ship.

I have a headache now.....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9386
Fearless Finnagan on Dec 30, 2016 wrote:
Then you wonder if your character is just as much a creation of your own as it is KI because although KI allowed them to exist, you created a personality and backstory for them. Then you think that if most of your pirate's identity is solely in your imagination perhaps YOU are your pirate and a pirate is really a vehicle for your dream of having a flying ship that deep down you know is impossible but it still is possible in the spiral and if the pirate is you and the pirate is in the spiral, technically you do have a flying ship but you really don't because the game isn't real. But then you start to think maybe the game is actually real because reality has no purpose, only the perception of reality has any real meaning and if the game is real to you then you actually DO have a flying ship.

I have a headache now.....
Can we get KI to pay for our therapy?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
anecorbie on Dec 31, 2016 wrote:
Can we get KI to pay for our therapy?
I'll have you know my therapist was a highly qualified individual who declared me "normal." Huh? How about that.

I am not crazy. My mother had me checked..... LOL

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
308
DuranteRamses87 on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
When you want to throw your computer across the room because your pet just got another useless talent but then you realize your an adult and it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Then you wonder why it actually kind of does. Then you throw yourself into a paradox of realizing that even though your character isn't real he makes you feel and experience real things and then you wonder if he has really developed a personality that is hidden in a black box in the logs. Then you weird yourself out and decide you need sleep.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I think yo made my brain hurt