Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do you have an idea‽

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
That may make You happy and give you all the things you want but in order to do it KingsIsle would have to go back on their word to us when they promised us that our perks for purchasing this expensive bundle would be that we would have unique items that would indeed be worth something because once it's retired it becomes more valuable. A person's/company's word should count for something. Trust and honor for keeping your word is a precious thing and I for one trust that KingsIsle is worthy of their word and Their Word is Their Bond.
That's why I'm only asking for the cat pirate and since I already know people have the cat pirate from the bundle I made my own idea for calico jake as a companion and when he gets his promos they would look completey different from the original cat pirate if you want to see the full info (because I don't feel like explaining the whole thing since it is long) if you go to search and type in "Calico Jake idea for blind mew" or just search in author and type Ethan the baron and find calico jake idea for blind mew.
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 61
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 65

Ensign
Jul 05, 2012
Gardening! I absolutely loved gardening in wizard101, and would love to see it here too.
I would also like to see either an expanded housing market, like in wizads, or the option to go down below in your ships. Also, a pet pavillion where we can train and even breed pets would be great too. pets normally aren't very strong in fights, so it would be great to have the oppritunity to train them and make them stronger.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Having another cat on the crew isn't the problem. Just not bringing back what has been retired and the sacredness of keeping your word is. Make another cat, but make it different, like your Jake or a female. Just saying that keeping of your word is more important that satisfying wants. No matter how badly you want something, true honor cannot be bought nor can all the goodies in the spiral restore it once it has been broken.

Ensign
Jun 09, 2010
Also I was thinking...at our houses..can we dock our own ships and show them off? I don't have a house yet, but I was sitting on my ship looking over skull island thinking it would be neat to show off ships at your house. Especially if we will be able to decorate soon...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bonzue Silktail th... on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
The thing about that, is that Kingsisle is a company, and if bringing back the items and companions from the bundles will make them more money, then they'll bring the stuff back, regardless of their "word". And it doesn't matter if the bundle stuff would be more valueable, because you can't sell bundle companions, which is the main thing we all want.
It's like I said earlier, it's unfair to keep the bundle companions and items retired, because there are members who either couldn't buy it at the time, or weren't aware of its existence till recently.
Besides, my idea for bringing them back and putting them in the crown shop would make the items more expensive than when it was bought in the bundle.
To paraphrase a prior, well said quote: Things do not go well for a company that thinks more of their profits than customer loyalty.
KingsIsle has a rich history of caring about its customer/players. Their word has always been good in the past. Yes some changes have been made but all for very good reason and all well explained. I trust their past behavior and believe them when they make a promise to me.

Ensign
Aug 03, 2010
I was just about to post something like this. My idea is that when you destroy about 100 ships of a ship that you don't get via main story you would get a message. After you get that message you would have to battle one more of that ship type,but super powered. When you wine that battle the ship will not sink instead you would gain control of it to use as you would like. You could sell it or keep it.

Ensign
Aug 19, 2009
Avery on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
We love to hear how you would change or improve Pirate101, so please go ahead and post your ideas here!
I would like it if you could put a new house on the game like a armada fortrees . maby you could even make a modle of averys court! Oh I know what about a tavern. maby you could add masdear from wizard101 he could join the armada and be a witch docter

Ensign
Feb 03, 2013
Add the following to speed chat please?
Under Friendly...
1) I like ... Your Ship
2) I like ... Your Colors
1) Ye ... Fight Well

It is funny that this a pirate game with SHIPS and there is NO mention of them between players.... hee hee

-Merciless Destiny

Ensign
Feb 03, 2013
Another suggestion, why not let us see ship names when they are docked?... then we can see who owns a ship we like....

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
you can improve it by making the levels easier in the 5th world . I think the 5th world is to hard maybe you should add an option to the game to make your fights easy or difficult .then again you should make the storm zillla fight easier instead of defeating stormzilla you fight deacon again but after you defeat deacons ghost again stormzilla says well done and he joins your crew as a companion.then you don't have to defeat stormzilla but if the fight doesn't change then just make our health to 2000 and stormzilllas 1000

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ravemonkey2788 on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
Also I was thinking...at our houses..can we dock our own ships and show them off? I don't have a house yet, but I was sitting on my ship looking over skull island thinking it would be neat to show off ships at your house. Especially if we will be able to decorate soon...
Your wish has already been granted. At your house, if you equip your ship it shows up right at your private dock for all your friends to board and admire.

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
To paraphrase a prior, well said quote: Things do not go well for a company that thinks more of their profits than customer loyalty.
KingsIsle has a rich history of caring about its customer/players. Their word has always been good in the past. Yes some changes have been made but all for very good reason and all well explained. I trust their past behavior and believe them when they make a promise to me.
Thing about that is that they never made an actual promise. They may have said it'd be retired, but never said it'd be permanent. Smart companies, like Gaia Online, will bring back highly popular items that the members really want and put them in something similar to the tribal pack (where the user gets items at random), in order to make extra profit.
I understand that u think that the bundle companions and such shouldn't be brought back, cuz u wanna have something that others don't, but that's (no offense) kinda' selfish.
The items you have can't be traded, and you don't get any special gold or experience bonuses for having them, so there's no valid reason you to not want others to be happy and have the same items as you, other than u just not wanting others to have them.
As the idea stands, it would be better for Kings Isle to bring the bundle companions and items back, because it'd get them more money, and make a high majority of the members happy for getting the cat companion.
It's like Spock said on Star Trek: the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the 1.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bonzue Silktail th... on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
Thing about that is that they never made an actual promise. They may have said it'd be retired, but never said it'd be permanent. Smart companies, like Gaia Online, will bring back highly popular items that the members really want and put them in something similar to the tribal pack (where the user gets items at random), in order to make extra profit.
I understand that u think that the bundle companions and such shouldn't be brought back, cuz u wanna have something that others don't, but that's (no offense) kinda' selfish.
The items you have can't be traded, and you don't get any special gold or experience bonuses for having them, so there's no valid reason you to not want others to be happy and have the same items as you, other than u just not wanting others to have them.
As the idea stands, it would be better for Kings Isle to bring the bundle companions and items back, because it'd get them more money, and make a high majority of the members happy for getting the cat companion.
It's like Spock said on Star Trek: the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the 1.
"It's like Spock said on Star Trek: the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the 1"
But do remember when they went back to rescue Spock they quoted to him when he asked why: 'The needs of the one outweighed then needs of the many' . I know KingsIsle is of the human persuasion and not an emotionless vulcan.
It is not that I am selfish, it like a badge of honor. We bought that bundle when the game was young, before anyone knew how awesome it would become. It was our way of saying we trusted KI and we supported the new game enough to put our money where our mouth was. We were investing in something new and the unique items were our reward for doing so. And if they did not use the actual word 'promise' it was implied and it did say the items would be unique and I am fairly certain they said permanently retired. I wish I had a screenshot of it so I could look.

I would love it if a KingsIsle person could supply this so we can once again see just what was 'promised' to us.

I am by no means saying "Neener neener, you don't have this" I am simply saying that it was available for a short time and when that time is up the item becomes unique and thus you are rewarded for acting within the offered time period. Just like it is not selfish for the Beta players to proudly wear their eye patches that show a reward for a job well done. It is unique for those that helped to polish up the new game. The cat is unique to those that invested in the new game right at the start. We are not rubbing your nose in it, we are only enjoying a perc that not all have. In life you will not always get everything you want. It is what helps you to appreciate what you do have.
It is the one that expects to have what everyone else has, no matter if it was obtained through hard work or wise investing, that they did not do to 'earn' it that sounds a bit selfish to me.

Ensign
Oct 27, 2009
Bonzue Silktail th... on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
To put the label exclusive on an item means that yes there was a promise that it would remain exclusive and that is a promise that should not be broken. The reason why is very simple, if ki goes back on that promise then why should we believe that the next time they sell an exclusive item that item will remain exclusive? Breaking that type of promise can (and probably will) result in fewer sales the next time an item is labeled exclusive because that label is why some people buy it in the first place. If a company was selling all-natural, antibiotic free chicken strips but a media report proved all of those claims were false would you ever buy from that company after hearing the report?

For the record I don't have the companion either and I fail to see why I should care. I still have many very cool and very strong companions just from quests. There is something to be said for valuing what you do have instead of what you don't. You will live a much happier life if you aren't worried about what others have . Being able to trust the word of the people running the company, even when I disagree with the policy, matters far more in the long run than any single companion ever will.

Ok, back to posting the link I actually came here to post XD.
pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?38658-Wanted-Features-In-Pirate101
Lots of little things being posted in this thread

Ensign
Apr 15, 2009
I think every mount that flies should be able to fly in the air above buildings and stuff and also off the island.

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
"It's like Spock said on Star Trek: the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the 1"
But do remember when they went back to rescue Spock they quoted to him when he asked why: 'The needs of the one outweighed then needs of the many' . I know KingsIsle is of the human persuasion and not an emotionless vulcan.
It is not that I am selfish, it like a badge of honor. We bought that bundle when the game was young, before anyone knew how awesome it would become. It was our way of saying we trusted KI and we supported the new game enough to put our money where our mouth was. We were investing in something new and the unique items were our reward for doing so. And if they did not use the actual word 'promise' it was implied and it did say the items would be unique and I am fairly certain they said permanently retired. I wish I had a screenshot of it so I could look.

I would love it if a KingsIsle person could supply this so we can once again see just what was 'promised' to us.

I am by no means saying "Neener neener, you don't have this" I am simply saying that it was available for a short time and when that time is up the item becomes unique and thus you are rewarded for acting within the offered time period. Just like it is not selfish for the Beta players to proudly wear their eye patches that show a reward for a job well done. It is unique for those that helped to polish up the new game. The cat is unique to those that invested in the new game right at the start. We are not rubbing your nose in it, we are only enjoying a perc that not all have. In life you will not always get everything you want. It is what helps you to appreciate what you do have.
It is the one that expects to have what everyone else has, no matter if it was obtained through hard work or wise investing, that they did not do to 'earn' it that sounds a bit selfish to me.
Actually, I don't remember them rescuing Spock, because I was quoting a quote from Big Bang Theory.

And it doesn't matter if it was a limited time thing. popular things get brought back.
I know this from having been on other sites that bring back items.
and It's not selfish wanting a cat companion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Thank you to Captain Nobeard for providing a link to the bundle info
https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/presale_bundles
Yes there was a promise very boldly given to us. The items are "Permanently Retired". As I said before I trust KingsIsle that they will keep their word. They do Not value profits over honor. I know you are disappointed but it is a fact of life that we do not get everything we want. We are not lording this over you, just enjoying a perk.
I echo Nesogra's sentiments "There is something to be said for valuing what you do have instead of what you don't. You will live a much happier life if you aren't worried about what others have " (emphasis mine)

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
May you please make it an option to organize your Quests by World? I have over 22 pages of Quests and have finished the game. It's really annoying bouncing around the Spiral. It's really annoying.

Have a Great Day! Lvl 65

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
krokotopia pirate on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:
you can improve it by making the levels easier in the 5th world . I think the 5th world is to hard maybe you should add an option to the game to make your fights easy or difficult .then again you should make the storm zillla fight easier instead of defeating stormzilla you fight deacon again but after you defeat deacons ghost again stormzilla says well done and he joins your crew as a companion.then you don't have to defeat stormzilla but if the fight doesn't change then just make our health to 2000 and stormzilllas 1000
I think what you are saying is for KingsIsle to make the game easier for you. Avery wants to know what people think would make the game better as a whole. Also, Deacon is a Robot. He doesn't have a Ghost. Just keep trying harder. You will make it, someday!

Happy Questing! Lvl 65

Ensign
Mar 07, 2013
Haven't really read through all the pages but here are some suggestions:

• In game trading of gear
  • Change flag color/companion clothing color for crowns
  • list under gear name who drops that certain piece of gear so we know where to farm
  • being able to write numerics (this is beyond annoying)
  • perhaps a dungeon finder? Sign up for a dungeon that is your level and pair up with other pirates and get better loot.
  • being able to list whatever price you want in the Bazaar/Auction House

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:

I know what you mean but I'm sure it wouldn't be a huge problem to at least bring back the cat pirate (which is all I want from the bundle) they didn't promise all the things in the bundle would be extinct forever the cat pirate could be brought back people change things in games all the time the cat pirate could be 10,000 crowns since he is exclusive and was brought back and I can bet you kings isle would start getting cash faster than the speed of light. The cat pirate is one of the coolest companions I've seen in the game and personally my favorite even if I don't have him. If it cost $20 to get 13,000 something crowns than think of all the money they could get players that didn't get him and wanted him I'm sure would pay to get him they could stock up on money fast because of that one companion which would be very useful. As I have already said I've spoken with blind mew about my idea of calico jake companion and I even came up with an idea for him as I said before as well just search "Calico Jake idea for blind mew" and you will see it. That is all I have to say and for those who want the cat pirate companion back I say to you "Let the cat pirate revolution live on!"

Ensign
May 01, 2012
I personally believe there are few things that should be added to Pirate101. Even though the last update was nice some things still need to be changed or added:

1) Another promotion for Old Scratch, Kraken Skulls, and Presidio companions.
2) Another mojo potion for people over level 60 or something like that... (I am level 63 and I haven't got a potion in a while)
3) Access to more of the Story Line for Free-to-Play members...( I honestly believe that just finishing the Presidio doesn't give them a real taste of Pirate101.
4) Finally I think some crown companions like the crab hermit or Bosun Budd should either learn one or two more epics or promote at least once.

Those are my ideas (but I am strongly in the favor of the top one...)

Davy Jones Lv. 63

Ensign
Jun 13, 2013
I would have to say PvP needs to be fixed to have a health limit. When i first went in there I was a 200 health while everyone else was 2,000 and I died in one hit. So what I'm saying is you could make it have a 1,000 limit and then have another for the 1,001+, or something like that, just to make it more fun for the low people.

Ensign
Aug 10, 2009
I think it would be a great idea to add Grizzlehiem and or Wintertusk to the worlds of Pirate101. In these worlds pirates could get a little roughed up battling along side the might warriors living there.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Avery on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
We love to hear how you would change or improve Pirate101, so please go ahead and post your ideas here!
Before a low level witchdoctor reads this, i must warn you this is a somewhat spoiler. At level 20 i was in Cool Ranch and received the companion Scorpius, however when i fought him he was much bigger. When i fought him in the cave, i do not recall the name, he was at least 3 times as big as regular scorpions. Now that he is my companion he looks as though a pet. Please fix this so that it does not look as though it is a pet, people keep asking me where i got my pet scorpion. I understand that some companions are meant to be small, but when he starts off big, then shrinks when he joins your crew........ It doesn't make any sense. Please fix this.

Thank you