Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your Favorite Companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 08, 2013
Well come on people, everyone knows kobe yojimbo is the best who couldn't love that ridiculous damage and dodge, and don't forget if you give him relentless rank too he is almost unstoppable.

Dark Tristan Noble lvl 56 buccaneer

I like pancakes

Ensign
Jun 16, 2009
Rat Beard and Bonnie Anne.

Like a boss.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
the doctor on May 23, 2013 wrote:
if you think his ego is that bad wait until you meet hawkulies
Hahah, yeah. Even El Toro had enough of him

El Toro- "Sheesh, get a load of this guy."

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
hmmm i dont know i dont wanna just say one compainion straight off the bat but at the same time i wanna tell some people who my favorite compainion is so maybe i will make a countdown saying my favorite compainion's in order on my youtube account(hint hint)

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Bloody Belle on May 27, 2013 wrote:
Hahah, yeah. Even El Toro had enough of him

El Toro- "Sheesh, get a load of this guy."
And Bonnie Anne's reply was funny. Something along the lines of a sarcastic "You're the one who's talking."

And my new favorite companions. It's a long list with a lot of ties.

1. Catbeard, Lt. Springer, and Gracie Conrad.
2. Bonnie Anne and Sarah Steele
3. Subodai and El Toro
4. Ratbeard and Mustang Sally
5. Froggo Villa and Shiruku Neko
6. Monquistador Explorer (Yes, he is actually quite valuable in a fight.)

Least favorite would be a tie between Nurse Quinn and the Witchdoctor Crab you get from Valencia.

Scarlet Freeman, level 57 Swashbuckler
Alura Windlass, level 12 Witchdoctor

Ensign
Sep 11, 2011
My favorite companion would totally be the cat pirate. i foyu have not heard if it then look it up but i won't be mad because only pople who bought beta got it. He is EXTREMLY good once you upgrade him.
IF your in pvp and someone has him that is VERY RARE but they are extremly powerful.

Ensign
Jan 29, 2011
My personal favorite is bonnie anne because she does lots of damage never misses comes with a heal and has ranged attacks.

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
I know I'm really jumping on the Similar Train here, but El Toro is my favorite companion, so far, by far. I also really like Black Angus and Wild Bill Peacock.

Have a Great Day!

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Darth JT on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
My most favorite companion in the game currently is Kobe YoJimbo!

He is an awesome Bull Samoori, his Crown Brother Wagyu or as I call him WagE is a very worthy purchase from the crown shop. He starts with First strike and later on, I train him in relentless twice, then riposte!

My second favorite companion is Kan Po, who is also a very worthy companion as well as his crown counterpart. He starts with Riposte, which I later get riposte 2 and Relentless twice, and he gets a heal.

What is your favorite companion and why?
As of recently Zeena - this companion is a game changer seriously its like may cast fairy for your pets in wizard the same type of impact!

the fire cards rack up 1000's and 1000's of damage because the AI of the PVE characters is not tuned they just stand in the fire and don't move when you use both cards to flood an area. Also she shoots alot of extra hits with overwatch, burst etc. great companion to side with my buck as a distraction while i put on my aura's so i can actually take some hits and not be a soap bubble ready to pop.

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
My favorite Is Sarah Steele on my Musketeer Lvl 27 I get Lucy Sterling

Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
My long time favorite companion has been Bonnie Anne. Though I really like Froggo Villa as well. But Bonnie Anne is a great one to have in battle especially when you promote her to the fox highlander.
Dark Creighton

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Ok I COMPLETELY take back what I said about El Toro, earlier. I just got Gracie Conrad. Vengeance Three. Oh ya.

Have a Great Day! Lvl 54

Ensign
May 19, 2013
Definitely Bonnie Anne. Whenever an enemy comes towards here, She fires. It makes me happy. But one thing I don't like is whenever she has a good hit, she starts chuckling and puts here hands on her hips. im the captain here!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
My favorite is definitely, without a doubt BONNIE!!!! I dunno, but I really like her... She's the only girl on my crew, and a fox! Does my message boards name show that I like foxes or not?

A close second is Gracie Conrad!

Ensign
May 05, 2011
Oran of Urz on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
Ratbeard. He tells it how it is.

The storyline wouldn't be the same without him.
Yes, he's not my favorite, Bonnie Anne is to me, but he is the funniest of the group.. he brings the humor! :D

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
mine is Froggo Villa he is really helpful in Fort Elena and hes my first swash companion! its because im a

Ensign
Aug 15, 2012
I also like Kobe very much but, how can you get him to have more health in the Samurai (second promotion) one, if you could tell me that would be great.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2009
I have a Ninja Pig companion from the map code and he is very useful.

Also Bonnie Anne, Wing Chun, and Ratbeard

Don't for get Temujin! (Subodai)

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
Right now my favorite is catbeard!

With flanking and relentless x3 those fish keep flying!
Quiet Zachary Armstrong

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Hands down, definitely old scratch. I like his personality and backstory and plus I like his ability to summon minions, drain/steal health from enemies and attack multiple foes at once. Let me answer some of the most common complaints against witchdoctor companions in general.

1. "They have low accuracy and can't train accurate": While I would admit that it would be nice if they could learn/train accurate, that's the trade-off for being able to attack multiple foes at once.

2. "They have low health & survivability": Again, that's the trade-off for the powers that they possess. Unlike privateers and buccaneers, witchdoctors weren't made to be tanky characters in the game, and if you want them to survive longer, then beef up their health and resistance so they can last longer in fights.

3. "The minions die too fast": Well if they're constantly focused down then yes, however, they serve as an extra unit for foes to attack in the fight. Plus, the more hits that they take=the less hits that you & your main team takes, so there's that at least. Left alone the damage the minions can do starts to add up, trust me, I know.

Overall though, you just gotta learn to work with your companions strengths and not against them. Do this, and you'll find that companions you once thought were weak/useless can actually be a force to be reckoned with in battle/fights, so there's that at least.

Ensign
Jul 05, 2012
I love Duck Holiday, he is the cutest companion ever! Yeah, I'm kind of a Duck Holiday fangirl.
He has the cutest little waddle-walk and whenever he gets a kill, he does a little heel click! He also says the most awesome things in battle like, "I'll be your Huckleberry"
I also really like Tyson, and think that he doesn't get enough love. He is always very consistent and never hits anything below a 150 since the time you recruit him and gets loads of really powerful criticals. Once you promote him to Chicken Boxer, he gets even better.
Shiruku Neko (which I think means "silk cat" it Japanese) is also a great companion, and definitely one of the best companions you get from a side quest. Her side quest is actually meaningful and makes sense, unlike some of them, and she kicks butt! It was also cool because for the longest time Bonney was my only female companion (I hadn't gotten to Marleybone and Gracie yet) so it was really nice to have another girl on the crew. All those Y chromosomes were driving me up the wall!

-Fair Charlotte Firth, Level 53 Musketeer

Ensign
Jun 13, 2013
Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
My top 5:

Lucy Sterling AKA "Madame Blade"

Old Scratch AKA "Dr. Scratch"

Froggo Villa AKA "Mander Menace"

Weasel Gambler AKA "Trump Card Harvey"

Kobe Yojimbo AKA "Beef Bodyguard"

Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
Better then Lucy Sterling, Kan Po is my favorite companion. I think he is great in pvp

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Darth JT on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
My most favorite companion in the game currently is Kobe YoJimbo!

He is an awesome Bull Samoori, his Crown Brother Wagyu or as I call him WagE is a very worthy purchase from the crown shop. He starts with First strike and later on, I train him in relentless twice, then riposte!

My second favorite companion is Kan Po, who is also a very worthy companion as well as his crown counterpart. He starts with Riposte, which I later get riposte 2 and Relentless twice, and he gets a heal.

What is your favorite companion and why?
I like Kobe too, but Bonnie Anne is best!