Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your Favorite Companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 01, 2012
I am going to have to go with Louis leBisque - Crab Cannoneer. He has a huge range and unlike most musketeers a huge amount of armor. He actually has more armor than my Ratbeard - Rat Admiral and they are the same level. P.S. you can't teach Louis armored only resistance.

Ensign
Feb 17, 2012
I also have a really hard time picking just *one* companion as my favorite. I have to say that most of the ones I prefer to see joining me are the ones I've had longest: Subodai, Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard, Milo, Sarah, Old Scratch. However, I also like El Toro (he's my first mate right now because of his useful group buff).

If I have to pick just one I'll have to say Subodai (my starter companion) because I like his special attack animations (especially the one where he leaps up in the sky to deliver one last blow!)

Ensign
Mar 07, 2013
1.) Kobe Yojimbo (CS bought) pumps some serious damage out with riposte
2.) Bonnie Anne - she can burst fire three times, overwatch, and double tap.. pretty crazy not to have her on your list.
3.) El Toro - this guy can practically dodge any melee attack and has saved me countless times with his high damage riposet/relentless/bladestorm combo I have chosen. Plus he buffs you with extra dodge and accuracy.
4.) Ratbeard - he is a punching bag and at max level promotion he can take a TON of hits. Plus he has his push back spell and critical melee strike.
5.) ol scratch - Idk what they did but his spells proc way better after his final promotion. Mojo blast 3 times and my target is usually dead. plus he summons an extra npc to fight for you.

Ensign
Jul 11, 2012
The new companion Hawkules is the best. He is really strong but he can get a little annoying when he keeps announcing that he is the son of zeus.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2011
Mine is Sarah Steele, she may die fast, but she can do plenty of damage

Ensign
Jun 12, 2013
I LOVE my new horse guy from cool ranch he is so awesome I cant wait to get in fights with him! if you see me buddy me my screen name is daring Elisabeth jackson

Ensign
Oct 14, 2012
Darth JT on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
My most favorite companion in the game currently is Kobe YoJimbo!

He is an awesome Bull Samoori, his Crown Brother Wagyu or as I call him WagE is a very worthy purchase from the crown shop. He starts with First strike and later on, I train him in relentless twice, then riposte!

My second favorite companion is Kan Po, who is also a very worthy companion as well as his crown counterpart. He starts with Riposte, which I later get riposte 2 and Relentless twice, and he gets a heal.

What is your favorite companion and why?
Dead mike is and bonnie ann are my favorite companions. dead mike is good because he has riposite and he does good damage. (I think it's good to train him dodge because then he can use riposite more. Riposite is an epic abily that whenever you dodge you get an extra attack. Bonnie ann because she can heal and you get to choose her epic abilities, I trained her to have return fire and boarder line.(Now I think I should've taught her return fire and burst fire). Burst fire is pretty much relentless exept with a gun so it attack more then once.

All companions are very helpful but i definetly think these are the best... for swashbuckler that is

Ensign
Feb 20, 2013
aresrox6002 on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
I LOVE my new horse guy from cool ranch he is so awesome I cant wait to get in fights with him! if you see me buddy me my screen name is daring Elisabeth jackson
Good for you, but here are my top five companions:

5.Barnabus(Sloth Buccaneer)
4.Monquistador Explorer
3.Thunder Hoof(Bison Champion)
2.El Toro(Masked Champion)
1.Kobe Yojimbo/Wagyu Sanjuro(Samoorai Lord)

Thank you for listening,!

Ensign
Oct 21, 2012
I would have to consider between Duck Holliday the Duck Hero, and Zelos Grandio the Eagle Archer. They both pack a punch and are excellent musketeers. Looking forward to a lot more!

- Fearless Davy Jones

Ensign
Feb 14, 2013

He is an awesome Bull Samoori, his Crown Brother Wagyu or as I call him WagE is a very worthy purchase from the crown shop. He starts with First strike and later on, I train him in relentless twice, then riposte!

My second favorite companion is Kan Po, who is also a very worthy companion as well as his crown counterpart. He starts with Riposte, which I later get riposte 2 and Relentless twice, and he gets a heal.

best compainon is el toro,monkey king,mustang sally and anybody that does high damage to baddies i want gracie conrad so bad when i am a 54 im supposed to get her already!

Ensign
Jun 29, 2009
My favorite kind-of ish is Gortez, it is soooooo cool to run around and everyone going "ah!!!!" "who is that, how'd you get it!" He is not that powerful though, but my actual behind the first mate is wagyu Sanjuro, he has a bunch of awesome feats. Love him!

Ensign
Dec 25, 2012
My favorite companion is Catbeard because he can have a lot of health and can do a lot of damage.

Ensign
May 01, 2013
my favorite companion is bonnie ann because she can heal my friends

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
I like Kobe too, but Bonnie Anne is best!
Geez on second thought.... Kobe all the way... After some striped bumbaloon battles,
Kobe saved my life so many times, he's my first mate

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
Hmmh, I guess...I'll make a list for you.

Top 5 favorite Companions (as of level 56)
1. Bonnie Anne/ El Toro
2. Ratbeard
3. Private Mills/ Lt. Springer
4.Subodai
5. Nadya (Crown Shop)

Let me know if you want to know 5 more!

Smart Hannah Neasmith, level 56, Swash

Ensign
Jun 14, 2009
Ninja Pig; plain and simple.

If I have to pick a normal character though, I would say El Toro (or) Kobe Yojimbo.

Ensign
Feb 14, 2013

Kan Po is the best :) but sometimes he dies very easily but thats okay! At least i started with him!

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012

My favorite companions are Mormo, El Toro, Ratbeard, and Bonnie Anne.
Mormo is one of my favorites because Mormo likes talking like Mormo thinks, Mormo doesn't want to. And he's funny and AWESOME!
El Toro is because I like his Trumpet sound after when he talks.
And Ratbeard and Bonnie Anne are my top 1, because I like Bonnie Anne calling Ratbeard OAF!

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
I only have 7 Companions, but so far Ratbeard is my favorite. His hits do so much damage and he has an awesome critical.

Fearless Jack Parker, Level 10

Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
Based on looks, hands down it's my Monquista Initiate. With his little staff and robe and incense hanging off his tail. He's pure awesome. *Note to devs* please give him a second promotion and a heal, I mean he is a Monk after all.

Love Oingo Boingo too, unfortunately he does not get enough epics to be at all useful.

As far as utility is concerned the swashbuckling trio of Wagyu (Kobe), Ninja Pig, and El Toro are hard to beat. Although Kan Po critting out of the shadows is a sight to behold.

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
I haven't finished the game as of yet, but my favorite companion has to be Bonnie Anne for sure. Not only does she have a cool design and personality, but her long ranged attacks can cause some destructive damage, especially with her epics such as Burst Fire, Double Tap and Quick Draw. I've always kept her as my first mate as long as I can remember.
My second favorite companion is Sarah Steele. Her personality is simply amazing and I find myself laughing whenever she appears in any quest dialogue.

Ensign
Oct 21, 2012
Fearless Davy on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
I would have to consider between Duck Holliday the Duck Hero, and Zelos Grandio the Eagle Archer. They both pack a punch and are excellent musketeers. Looking forward to a lot more!

- Fearless Davy Jones
I have been thinking for a while............the critical theme music for Ratbeard and Kobe are my favorite themes! I think it would be cool to have their theme on one of my criticals.
Reply what you think!

- Fearless Davy Jones

Captain
May 16, 2011
My top three companions would definitely be.......x makes drum roll x...... Bonnie Anne, Catbeard, and El Toro! x plays awesome El Toro music x. Why do I like these companions you may ask? Well, El Toro is great when it comes to everything, I love Catbeard's critical animations, and I like cats too, but as for Bonnie, she's just awesome like that. That's all there really is to it.

Who are you?! Surrender or feel the wrath of El Toro!"

Ensign
Apr 10, 2013
Ensign
May 22, 2011
My most FAVORITE companion is dead mike or Mormo. I really can't decide. Dead Mike is a really sarcastic guy in a way and he never screams only once though. It could happen again. I'm only in Valencia so who knows. But Mormo is really cute how he walks and talks and OMG he is just so CUTE!

So I really cant decide. But if you made me choose right now, I'd mumble randome stuff over again

#1 witchdoctor out!