Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do you have an idea‽

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have both the crown shop ship's cabin and (recently) the Black Market ship's cabin. I would like to be able to transfer the crown shop cabin to one of my other pirates, as players in W101 can transfer castles.

Ensign
Feb 10, 2012
Toggle Mobs:

An idea that formed recently, and I haven't seen anyone else bring it up: The ability to toggle (or pacify?) mobs in a completed world—in terms of story line. If you complete the story in that particular world, an option (perhaps in its own tab in settings) would appear which would allow you to "pacify" or toggle off the mobs in the world. I say pacify because if you don't have the angry folks running around anywhere the world would be pretty empty. This could apply to ships as well. Essentially— the ships and mobs are still there but they will not attack you if you go near them.

We see a similar example of this in the scurvy dog hideout in skull island, where they choose not to attack your character.

Just a thought, and I'll post it to the wiz forums as well to see what people think.

Ensign
May 05, 2012
Please reduce the amount of gold or the time that we have to wait to revive our companions! I can't spent 50k on a single companion and i cannot wait half a day to get my them back .

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
ispaniola on Feb 21, 2021 wrote:
Please reduce the amount of gold or the time that we have to wait to revive our companions! I can't spent 50k on a single companion and i cannot wait half a day to get my them back .
My companions are all max level, and it costs only around 35,000 to revive them freshly defeated. Perhaps it would be more if they had two bandages upon them. 35,000 gold is highly reasonable and fair given how easy and quick it is to max out gold.

We really don't need prices dropped on raising any individual companion. What we do however need is a nice sized group discount when reviving more than one companions at a time. Unfortunately, when there are connection problems all companions can be auto slain. Even when I haven't had to restart and log back into the game, but rather lost connection and then re-connected still in the game, I have lost all my companions in a moment's blink while being reduced to one health and placed clear on the other side of the board as though I had fled and then ported back in.

All health loss and companion deaths due to disconnection are supposed to penalize players from fleeing during battle, but most all of the time those who suffer from the penalty aren't those who try to flee from battle. It is like signing up for a dungeon, having too few pirates sign up and declining to rejoin hoping for more people and then being hit by the 10 minute timer. Pirate101 doesn't allow players to choose full group only when running major dungeons and only the Tower of Moo Manchu is coded so that a full team is required before starting. I want to always do Kane runs with a full team only.

Now that we are at it. Obsidian key bosses need their own sigils that can be added to the team up kiosk with a full team only option. Without a full team drop and gold rates are incredibly bad. With how docks are done (only a small number of ships in an area without creating a new section), it is extremely hard to find people to farm with by waiting at the sigil hoping people show at Scrimshaw docks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Some recent posts from players who have bought crown shop items for the purpose of stitching are confused when they try and fail to stitch. It would be good to have a "no stitch" description on such items, just as there are "no trade" and "no auction" designations presently.

Ensign
Jun 02, 2014
i do have a few ideas for the game and i hope at least one will go through. as we know spells are an integral part of the game wizard101. companions are like spells in pirate101. integral. the loremaster drops spells in wiz, so why not have mobs have a small chance of being recruited and having story arcs for promotions. but for bosses make the recruitment chance small (.001 should work. general mobs should be maybe .1 percent). another thing id love to see is the chance to get certain ships from mobs in the skyway. id always want a ship from the sharks but never can. boss ships should have the same chance as recruitment for bosses. also give the other companians besides bonnie/ratbeard and the presedio companions more promotions. theres so much ou can add to the designs of them.

please take these into consideration for a massive update to give the game more players,
daring andrew vaugn

Ensign
Feb 20, 2012
I would like to see a collaboration of an idea similar to a Dungeon and Dragons style, Pirate adventure, ya it would make kingsisle fully rework pirate as a whole but it would be incredible to have all the classes of pirate and D&D together in a massive diverse adventure that could top what wizard101 is just by having more classes and characters, the world would be undeniably more attractive if you keep the swashbuckler class but call it rogue, buccaneer is a barbarian, musketeer is a ranger, privateer is a paladin, witchdoctor is a sorcerer, but then add in bard, cleric, druid, fighter, monk, warlock, wizard, artificer, and blood hunter, I believe it would make pirate a bit more fun, hopefully I'm not the only one, what's everyone's thoughts?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
shadoclaw345 on Jun 9, 2021 wrote:
I would like to see a collaboration of an idea similar to a Dungeon and Dragons style, Pirate adventure, ya it would make kingsisle fully rework pirate as a whole but it would be incredible to have all the classes of pirate and D&D together in a massive diverse adventure that could top what wizard101 is just by having more classes and characters, the world would be undeniably more attractive if you keep the swashbuckler class but call it rogue, buccaneer is a barbarian, musketeer is a ranger, privateer is a paladin, witchdoctor is a sorcerer, but then add in bard, cleric, druid, fighter, monk, warlock, wizard, artificer, and blood hunter, I believe it would make pirate a bit more fun, hopefully I'm not the only one, what's everyone's thoughts?
Having played D&D with friends and on other games (CD-ROM) specifically) I don't think that Pirate101 would benefit by adding too many other character classes. I believe that this would slow down leveling and complicate game coding/structure; as it is we can cross train other powers and talents allowing for a (somewhat) unique character.
BTW, this game is oriented to D&D type games, it's just slanted to reflect the pirate genre in fiction and movies/TV.
That's why swashbucklers don't check for traps and unlock chests, for example.

Ensign
Dec 05, 2013
Have been playing pirates on and off since it's release. I love the game, and am extremely happy that it is getting updates. An idea I have for the game is an extra pirate elixir, or just making a seventh slot available.
Another idea I have is for there to be a new Pirate class, called "Viking", as Vikings, historically speaking, were pirates too, and I think it would be cool and interesting to see in the game.
The viking would boost off of strength, and use big choppy/smashy weapons.

Ensign
Nov 03, 2012
A great idea would be for when introducing pets you go to your teacher and they would give you a class pet egg. A great example would be a witchdoctor would go to madam vladma to get a witchdoctor egg. The egg of course would have it's power's and talents preselected but i would have the pets have a couple grants talents and power. A good example would be a toned down versions of the Maxotaur's. A great pet to give to swashbucklers would be a different version Festive Candy Dragon. This pet has the chance of granting First strike and Vengeance strike. A great pet to give to witchdoctors would be either the mistletoad ( it can grant Second Chance and Witchhunter) (it grants Hoodoo Touch and Jobu's kiss) or maybe make a new pet and it only gives 2 of the four talents or powers. If any player is reading this one of the best pets' to have would be the class based Maxotaur's. The Witchdoctor version pet can use Vengeance strike 1, second chance 1, Quick Adjust 1, Overwatch 1, ( plus some other talents) can Grant Mojo Rising. 2 very good power it can grant is Calm The Troops and Grants Mighty Charge.

Ensign
Nov 03, 2012
I know this is a long shot but I believe it would be a really cool idea if you guys would officially reveled that our pirates mom is Erika the Red. We know she is the mom cause when you finish with Cool Ranch you find a picture of Marco Pollo and his crew. The companion that you get for selecting how your parents died say that the woman in the picture is your mom and then when you take the picture back to Avery he says he know their faces and he call's the woman Erika the Red. I believe that in the future if you were to show them to us that Black Beard would be a good pick as the Father. You Guy's could tell the story of Black Beard a young and crazy pirate who was the wildest of all pirates until he met the only person who could tame him. then you can tell how they got together stole from Capt. Hande to support them. they settled down had us and then you can tell the story of their demise.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SPORTS847891 on Jul 5, 2021 wrote:
I know this is a long shot but I believe it would be a really cool idea if you guys would officially reveled that our pirates mom is Erika the Red. We know she is the mom cause when you finish with Cool Ranch you find a picture of Marco Pollo and his crew. The companion that you get for selecting how your parents died say that the woman in the picture is your mom and then when you take the picture back to Avery he says he know their faces and he call's the woman Erika the Red. I believe that in the future if you were to show them to us that Black Beard would be a good pick as the Father. You Guy's could tell the story of Black Beard a young and crazy pirate who was the wildest of all pirates until he met the only person who could tame him. then you can tell how they got together stole from Capt. Hande to support them. they settled down had us and then you can tell the story of their demise.
Play a little bit further through the game. Our mother was revealed as the Human woman in the photo. I don't want to say more; I don't want this to spoil it for you.

Ensign
Sep 21, 2013
Please buff witch doctors the class is so dead it’s not funny you have nerfed it so much nobody plays it and it’s terrible in pvp

Ensign
Feb 03, 2016
I am new to the forums here, but I wondered why Deadeye Deidre isn't a companion for swashbucklers, as Warf Rat Mouse fencers have there own unique animations, Critical move and three stages of promotion. The voice, is different except when she moves as she makes Sarah's voice while doing so. Since she would be similar to Sarah/Lucy she could always be tweaked to maybe more of a dueling brawler then Damage machine. IF not specifically Deadeye Deidre one way to put in as recruit could be through Sarah steel as like a contact of her past or through Milo on a side quest or something. I personally would like to see more Flotsam/Scrimshaw companions, and there is always those other mouse NPCS the tall ones that are only female.

Administrator
Waterdancer03 on Jul 12, 2021 wrote:
I am new to the forums here, but I wondered why Deadeye Deidre isn't a companion for swashbucklers, as Warf Rat Mouse fencers have there own unique animations, Critical move and three stages of promotion. The voice, is different except when she moves as she makes Sarah's voice while doing so. Since she would be similar to Sarah/Lucy she could always be tweaked to maybe more of a dueling brawler then Damage machine. IF not specifically Deadeye Deidre one way to put in as recruit could be through Sarah steel as like a contact of her past or through Milo on a side quest or something. I personally would like to see more Flotsam/Scrimshaw companions, and there is always those other mouse NPCS the tall ones that are only female.
Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the suggestions!

Ensign
Jan 14, 2011
I love the variety of companions in the game because I have enough of each class to customize them for different opponent classes.
I think there should be an ability to "quick select" an entire row of companions (there's four in one horizontal row). They could be called "companion squads". They could simply be organized by numbered row. and left to the pirates imagination of how to organize them to complement each other.
The companions would appear in order L to R. If one gets knocked out, the fourth would appear as the new third companion.
Perhaps more pirates would get more functionality out of those extra companions if they are organized this way?

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
I think there should be an option to choose the appearance of your companions, because some old promotions look a lot better than the higher level ones.

Ensign
Jan 23, 2018
I think most slashy/smashy weapons should be will based. Since privateers mainly get those types of weapons from the story and they are a class that focuses on will. Privateers are the only class (to my knowledge) to get mostly weapons that don't benefit from their main stat. Another option would be change the weapons privateers get from the story so they get slashy/staffy weapons.

Ensign
Jul 15, 2010
Being able to move bought companions and companions such as the cat pirate and ninja pig between pirates via shared bank!

Ensign
Aug 23, 2020
I would love to see a update based on housing, since houses don't seem to be used much like they are on Wizard101. All we seem to do with houses is use the bank to transfer items between characters, and access Smuggler's Arena.
I'd love to see something like the house touring system in Wizard101. Other pirates could access your house in some way, like a NPC. They can explore your house and rate it. Add some badges for getting enough good ratings, and rating other homes. Maybe add a new currency that can be redeemed in a new shop for exclusive items. Also update the furniture vendors in each world, and add one to worlds that don't have one, that sell houses themed to the world they are found in. (I personally would LOVE a Cool Ranch farmhouse)
Another thing I'd like to see, not sure how to implement it, would be housing guests. Specifically because I want a way to place a NPC in a house without losing access to a companion or pet. If I had a mine on my property, I'd totally want some Chicken Miners from Cool Ranch.

Ensign
May 11, 2010
Lower the difficulty. Turn it into a solo player game that adjusts if you have more than one person enter the dungeon. Just not enough people playing it any more that we cant even complete the game.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
KittyKungFu on Nov 9, 2021 wrote:
Lower the difficulty. Turn it into a solo player game that adjusts if you have more than one person enter the dungeon. Just not enough people playing it any more that we cant even complete the game.
They've lowered the difficulty so much already that it's a bit frustrating to play. Lots of the quests that required some tactical thinking are basically a hack 'n slash fight any more. Add the loss of interesting quests to the utter lack of any substantive updates and you have plenty of time to level up to finish what's been written of this game, even solo.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Dec 8, 2021 wrote:
They've lowered the difficulty so much already that it's a bit frustrating to play. Lots of the quests that required some tactical thinking are basically a hack 'n slash fight any more. Add the loss of interesting quests to the utter lack of any substantive updates and you have plenty of time to level up to finish what's been written of this game, even solo.
Remember Bonnie Anne's Port Regal promotion? Don't fight, escape to the docks, that was a fun and challenging way to fight. Now, it's "Defeat All Enemies" with not even the satisfaction of chests.

Ensign
Mar 21, 2010
I would love to see queen calypso companion replace khord/flombeh

But called la lamia and but

Her soul bound to the ships helm itself makes her an undead

Ensign
Sep 26, 2008
Honestly, as old of a member I am, I've never really posted on the forums whatsoever but I do indeed have a few ideas so to speak, ranging from content to bug fixes and whatnot:

Potential Companion ideas:

1) Buffing every single side quest companion with extra talents and/or epics. I feel like this is quite a popular idea as many players do not use or even try to pursue them as they have the Skull Island Powerhouses such as the Presidio Companions or the Starter Companions to begin with. I myself love companions such as the Monquisitador (if I spelt that right, it's the monk companion for Privateers) and yet it still feels pretty weak with only a few epics. It should be changed so that all companions are loosely based like Ridolfo Capoferro in terms of epics and talents, as the guy as 3 promotions, making him an outstanding companion for Musketeers such as myself from Day 1 .

2) Quite a controversial opinion of mine but I feel like Old Scratch should definitely be debuffed. I remember back in the early days and during Beta where Old Scratch was practically useless, and having players coining him as "Old Fizzle", me included. Seeing him now become the "meta" of almost every player, where they'd use him because of his absolutely OP mojo boost spells and his high damaging aoe spells makes him almost unbeatable in my opinion. Having him balanced where instead of having him with 3 mojo boosts, I would say having him with only 1 depending on his type of promotion: 1st promo with the 1st one, 2nd promo with the 2nd one, etc etc.

3) BEING ABLE TO CHOOSE OR RANDOMISE THE SIDE QUEST COMPANION NAMES!!!! Being able to change your side quest companion names with randomised names is such a good idea as many are stuck with names that sound unappealing or plain bad: my Toreador on my Swashbuckler is called "Squinty Culleon Bonney", which doesn't suit the guy at all. This is a point I adamantly feel should be added, where along with resetting the companion, you should be able to reset their name along with it for a little increased price in gold for members or crowns for non-members

4) Just a few ideas for companions I had off the top of my head for some of the worlds:

Prawn Witchdoctor class companion restricted to Witchdoctors from a Skull Island quest or even as a presidio companion potentially.
Monquista does have Goronado as a Gortez type companion however further on into the game (most likely beyond lvl 70), seeing a Gorilla Royal Guard as a retinue of Gortez would be a great companion to see, where it would be a Buccaneer class companion, either restricted to Buccaneers or for all (or even a Crown Shop Companion)
Valencia: We don't see any ranged Unicorn companions, so I thought up of a potential Condottieri Unicorn Musketeer would be absolutely cool to see, armed with a beret and a Resistance uniform, promoting to a captain with Armour and a Morion helmet. Loose ideas but it seems great in theory. Condottieri were Italian Mercenaries used in the Renaissance long story short, really cool to look at if you'd like to have a google of them.
Mooshu: Ashigaru units. Along with Samoorai, "Ashigamoo" units would be super cool to see as companions, with peasant uniforms and Yari Spears or muskets being complementary with each other in fights rather than seeing constant ronin and Samoorai running about.

I've got more ideas lying about but these are some of them, tell me what you guys think about them as I'd love to hear opinions on them.

Bug fixes/Balancing:

1) I feel like many parts of the game need rebalancing 100%, there are random spikes in difficulty for no reason and dropping back to normal in fights. One example off the top of my head is the harvesting Stingtails quest in Cool Ranch to summon Brother Owl(?) where they are too powerful, resulting in companions dying left, right and centre (shortly followed by the Bumbaloon fights afterwards). The beginning of Mooshu in Khotan is also a key point, where the beginning is suffering, trying to fight powerful Samoorai which you are underpowered against, also resulting in companions and yourself dying over and over again. One of the biggest ones definitely is Valencia Part 2. Duomo. Royal Guards. Enough said with those ridiculously overpowered Unicorns of Death and Pain . I'd even go on to say Kane is easier than them.

2) Random points where you get stuck on a rock or something (just a minor thing that annoys me from time to time when questing)

3) Recently came across some bug in Monquista in the Paw dungeon where the Deep Sea Terror would just play the "Arrrggh!" line for a couple of minutes straight.

4) THE ALT + TABBING OUT OF GAME!!! The amount of times I've constantly had to reboot my computer after the game just freezes my entire screen and disallowing me to end it via task manager is practically endless for myself and for countless over players.

Content:

Content. Content. Content. I've got an absolute ton of ideas for more books, additional worlds, additional stories, and I've really wanted to share them.

1) Rise of Napoleguin Arc.

Napoleguin is obviously based off Napoleon, and I view his escape of Fort Elena as a parody of his escape from Elba. From a historical point of view, with the Napoleonic wars (or the Napoleguinic Wars in this case), having an arc of Napoleguin rising back into power in Polaris but with the help of Queen with her motives of getting to El Dorado or for petty vengeance for the fall of the Armada would be a banging idea. We would see invasions of Polaris in places like Marleybone, Valencia, and new worlds such as Rajah and Krokotopia (I'll speak about newer worlds in my latter points). The Pirate must help the coalition of worlds prevent Napoleguin's forces from invading and conquering the Spiral just like in the Polarian War before the story begins, or else Napoleguin along with Queen would be absolutely unstoppable. This is just a basic idea of what it could be but it could see things such as Skull Island becoming its ambition of becoming a Fledgling Republic like Avery dreams it to be, possibly creating its own national fleet of ragtag pirates as Avery's Navy himself.
Eventually the Pirate goes into Polaris, overthrows Napoleguin and possibly restoring the Monarchy (I've forgotten if it was Polar Bears or Walruses my bad )

2) Hunting down Queen Arc

This is a 2nd idea for the continuation of the story, where the Pirate must hunt down Queen across the Spiral before she gets to El Dorado herself.

Since the other half of the map is now destroyed from where the Pirate destroys Kane and the Machine as the last quest, it would be a great idea to see Queen trying to find new sources of information across the Spiral to try now complete Marco Pollo's Map via alternative means. This could lead to her venturing into the jungles of Rajah to find some sort of ancient scroll from Celestia as an example, that Kurgha troops accidentally uncovered years ago and is stored in some sort of Library. Queen kickstarts the Kurgha Revolt but in Rajah instead, like the Sepoys in the Indian Mutiny in the mid 1800s. Pirate has to end the Mutiny across Rajah as Marleybone needs their help from a message to all Royal Navy Captains for all hands on deck.
Pirate would also go to Krokotopia to find the Krokonomicon as Queen wants to grab it for herself as it contains information about El Dorado, which could lead to cross Wizard-Pirate gameplay (POSSIBLY).
Eventually Pirate chases her to El Dorado, might see some ancient Celestians, and destroys Queen in El Dorado. They also seal off El Dorado completely so no one can pursue it in the future.

3) Worlds:

Rajah, Krokotopia (Mines of Orynx must be added) with its Monquistan Colonies, Polaris. Grizzleheim too, where Queen might actually chase an ancient Nordic rite for a route to El Dorado only the Bears know of in myths.

^ Only for now, I kinda explained them in the Hunting Queen arc point.

Last but not least, from what Falmea said, I just wanted to post a few ideas:

1) Adding more packs, from what I remember, there's like 3-4 main ones with the Yuletide ones coming in once in a blue moon, this being Christmas. I don't necessarily buy them but others would love more themed packs.

2) The beginning. I personally find the beginning repetitive but that might just be a personal POV since I've been through it 5 times. I find the Blood Shoals quests tedious and boring to be frank, 3 rats having this hardcore level of regrets is almost comical for me . Changing it up a notch would be a good idea, but that's personal preference: I'm sure new players actually love them.

3) I think a small neat little content drop would be actually fighting your class trainer at Level 70 after Kane. I've always wanted to fight Ol' Fish Eye as a musketeer or Morgan LaFitte as a Swashbuckler to gain some legendary power or some cool drop of some kind, or even for an extra bit of story as an almost "graduation" type ceremony.

If any community members or leaders do read this, I do thank you for taking the time to read my absolute waffle and do feel free to contribute (or criticize) the ideas I've spoken about .

Inky Samuel Max Level