Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swashbucklers too overpowered

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 30, 2012
Actually, I think Witchdoctor and Bucaneer should be nerfed, and before flame war let me explain. Witchdoctor has unlimited reach, and Mojo Storm. Mojo Storm alone destroys my team. Survivor's get picked off by Mournsong or soulreaver. If they somehow avoid those, they just teleport to the other side and destroy you. About Bucaneers... We can't even charge them anymore because of vengeance strike 3. The chance to stun should be lowered, and mojostorm should do less damage. Then we will talk about nerfing fog.

Short Cass Bristol lv.70

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
Universedude777 on Aug 5, 2016 wrote:
Actually, I think Witchdoctor and Bucaneer should be nerfed, and before flame war let me explain. Witchdoctor has unlimited reach, and Mojo Storm. Mojo Storm alone destroys my team. Survivor's get picked off by Mournsong or soulreaver. If they somehow avoid those, they just teleport to the other side and destroy you. About Bucaneers... We can't even charge them anymore because of vengeance strike 3. The chance to stun should be lowered, and mojostorm should do less damage. Then we will talk about nerfing fog.

Short Cass Bristol lv.70
Mojo Storm alone should not destroy your team. With a 100% scratch buff, that's still only 1200 damage. Are you training tough on your companions? That brings them up from 1900 to around 2400 health. Now, what have you been doing? The average witch has 4 range storm, and the common team of fan, toro, and goro can easily reach without being hit by one before fog. Additionally, goro is likely to fully chain the witch or scratch, and your team can pick off 1 or 2 companions just with your fog attack. For bucks, there are ways to decrease the chances of chaining. Kraken's coils, and using toro's espirit will decrease the chances of them landing or stunning you. The chance to stun is 35% I believe, and changes depending on the amount of strength of both units.

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
there are too many bucks that use the same strategy that almost gurantees the win
stack sheilds then go in
in my opinion all melee classes need to be nerfed shields should not be stacked and last half the time
firstmates boon and blast of discord needs to go away or made pve
black fog should maybe only be one random companion next to you gets invisible
scratch should not be nerfed for pve but maybe instead of 100% power you get 75%
musket traps shouldnt do five hundred to one thousand damage plus bombs get buff by scratch or alert two needs to be trainable by clandestine trainer with no requirements
all these reccomendations are meant for pvp because ranged classes stand no chances in pvp seeing how swashbucklers have alert two and bucks can use shield stacking this is from the point of view of a witch

another thing i noticed is which class beats which
buck beats witch
witch beats swashbuckler (spells can get past invisible. you can still lose though) and musket
privateer beats everything
swash beats buck
musket beats buck
this all works if you use class based strategies

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
nefarious alex on Aug 25, 2016 wrote:
there are too many bucks that use the same strategy that almost gurantees the win
stack sheilds then go in
in my opinion all melee classes need to be nerfed shields should not be stacked and last half the time
scratch should not be nerfed for pve but maybe instead of 100% power you get 75%
musket traps shouldnt do five hundred to one thousand damage plus bombs get buff by scratch or alert two needs to be trainable by clandestine trainer with no requirements
all these reccomendations are meant for pvp because ranged classes stand no chances in pvp seeing how swashbucklers have alert two and bucks can use shield stacking this is from the point of view of a witch

buck beats witch
witch beats swashbuckler (spells can get past invisible. you can still lose though) and musket
swash beats buck
musket beats buck
All I see here is "Seriously nerf everybody's power except mine & oh I guess, you can take a little from me to keep everyone from complaining."

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
nefarious alex on Aug 25, 2016 wrote:
stack sheilds then go in

buck beats witch
swash beats buck
musket beats buck
I eat bucklers for breakfast but struggle against witchdoctors who have summons (especially the moo robe). Triton's song, levi call, kraken's lament, and triton's chorus are all useless vs. mojo and spooky boosted attacks whereas a levi call effectively cancels out hidden (double triton's chorus is fun too vs fan or toro).

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 25, 2016 wrote:
All I see here is "Seriously nerf everybody's power except mine & oh I guess, you can take a little from me to keep everyone from complaining."
No, just nerf privateer powers.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
I think Fog should be removed, and just Walk in Shadows and Darkness should be left.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
narnialover1104 on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
I think Fog should be removed, and just Walk in Shadows and Darkness should be left.
I think you don't know how that would impact swashbuckler strategy. Swashbucklers don't have team buffs, we can't enhance damage the way other classes do, we also haven't any shields or defenses - except for BF.
Any class can train WIS and get gear that grants WID, they can also get our poisons ( except Shroud ) they can train our Sneak attack and can get Back Stab & Assassin's Strike; the only thing we have that is unique to us as a class is Black Fog.
Maybe you're trying to be fair, but I don't think you actually understand what being a Swashbuckler is about.

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
narnialover1104 on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
This thread is extremely outdated and in my honest opinion, should have been closed quite a while ago. I doubt anyone wants to deal with these kinds of comments again, especially when they lack reasoning.

Can this thread please be retired now mods?