Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Swashbucklers too overpowered

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
mario king on Aug 24, 2015 wrote:
i am a level 60 swashbuckler and i can barely beat level 55s computers alot of times i just stand there in the game or go fight and die do you think its that easy well its not sometimes i wish i was a buccaneer or anything else but a swashbuckler its not that easy you should try to be in a swashbuckler shoes and let me tell you its not easy are biggest threat to you are things like first strike and the thing like the attack if you miss a short way of saying it is WE DIE ALOT
I have a swashbuckler, musketeer, and buccaneer so don't think I'm just saying all of this out of the blue

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
anecorbie on Aug 24, 2015 wrote:
You, at least, have not given up and are trying to think out a strategy. Not every Buckler has the Moo Robes.
I will admit that the majority do fog, shroud then strike ( because it has worked for them ).
At higher ranks not only swashbucklers have moo robes, EVERYONE has moo robes (except me)

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
157
the midnightpirate on Aug 24, 2015 wrote:
Turn the tide pirate you will combo the buckler np I can tell from your post you don't know a lot about pvp.
Uh buddy, turn the tide 2 increases accuracy by 25%. Elusive 3 increases dodge by 50%. The buckler gets the better deal. Plus bucklers have more dodge with class specific clothing than buccaneers have accuracy. Even if both sides bring El Toro, the buckler gets the better deal because the 25% dodge is taken from a higher base dodge of the buckler whereas the 25% accuracy increase is taken from the lower base accuracy of the bucc.

If you're getting hit by a bucc it's because of their strength based sneak attacks, not their regular hits.

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
SlashingSlasher420 on Aug 25, 2015 wrote:
swashbuckler They don't have nearly enough armor or buffs .. As the rest of the characters do, so it's a bit unfair... They need to either make the Swashbucklers stronger or give them more and/or better items to help in pvp !!
You clearly have no experience in PvP as swashbucklers are the top class atm alongside with musketeer

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
826
Masonpeev on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
You clearly have no experience in PvP as swashbucklers are the top class atm alongside with musketeer
no bucks are easily the best, then again majority of bucks honestly dont know how to play their class and use the same generic easily counterable strategy

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
zuto4011a on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
no bucks are easily the best, then again majority of bucks honestly dont know how to play their class and use the same generic easily counterable strategy
Buccaneers would be around 3d best, Swashbuckler and musketeer are better

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
826
Masonpeev on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
Buccaneers would be around 3d best, Swashbuckler and musketeer are better
no.........

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
zuto4011a on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
no.........
Quick question, have you ever done ranked pvp? if so how many matches have you done and what rank are you? because buccaneer being the best is a lie, we are good but not the "best"

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
826
Masonpeev on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
Quick question, have you ever done ranked pvp? if so how many matches have you done and what rank are you? because buccaneer being the best is a lie, we are good but not the "best"
51 matches and paragon at the time of this message, what rank are you and how many have you done?

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
135
bluba4 on Aug 25, 2015 wrote:
Uh buddy, turn the tide 2 increases accuracy by 25%. Elusive 3 increases dodge by 50%. The buckler gets the better deal. Plus bucklers have more dodge with class specific clothing than buccaneers have accuracy. Even if both sides bring El Toro, the buckler gets the better deal because the 25% dodge is taken from a higher base dodge of the buckler whereas the 25% accuracy increase is taken from the lower base accuracy of the bucc.

If you're getting hit by a bucc it's because of their strength based sneak attacks, not their regular hits.
Well if you read what I said you would see I said pirate witch gives you plus 50% ack and then tide + 25% you get more ack then the buckler gets dodge.

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
zuto4011a on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
51 matches and paragon at the time of this message, what rank are you and how many have you done?
Not even kidding, 52, and I'm at champion atm, Buccaneer is not better then swashbuckler, they are directly after them

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
the midnightpirate on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
Well if you read what I said you would see I said pirate witch gives you plus 50% ack and then tide + 25% you get more ack then the buckler gets dodge.
Right but that doesn't matter because then you guys go into elusive and landing a hit on your from that point on is impossible unless it's a power

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
826
Masonpeev on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
Not even kidding, 52, and I'm at champion atm, Buccaneer is not better then swashbuckler, they are directly after them
ask around the brawl hall for reckless Christopher, he can show you how easily a buck can beat a swashbuckler, and btw its not with buck companions

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
zuto4011a on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
ask around the brawl hall for reckless Christopher, he can show you how easily a buck can beat a swashbuckler, and btw its not with buck companions
I know who reckless Christopher is, I've faced him in a match, I actually almost beat him, this strategy requires companions you have to pay for, and a swashbuckler banner which is 12k scrip, I'm talking about the average buccaneer here

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
157
the midnightpirate on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
Well if you read what I said you would see I said pirate witch gives you plus 50% ack and then tide + 25% you get more ack then the buckler gets dodge.
Two things:

1) Does pirate even function in pvp? The pirate tag does not go on or off when I cross over into "enemy territory."

2) I beat black fog by using the squish on the side and raise a barricade strategy. This means that I am never on my opponent's side of the map when he is a buckler.

Let me know if you manage to get away with traveling to your opponent's squares AFTER he has gone in the fog. (Sometimes I am able to charge if they don't fog first turn.)

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
135
Masonpeev on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
Right but that doesn't matter because then you guys go into elusive and landing a hit on your from that point on is impossible unless it's a power
A buck with no ack gear would get around 240 ack while a buckler would get around 200-190 dodge so you would still have more ack.

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
the midnightpirate on Aug 29, 2015 wrote:
A buck with no ack gear would get around 240 ack while a buckler would get around 200-190 dodge so you would still have more ack.
240? no way

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
157
Masonpeev on Aug 30, 2015 wrote:
240? no way
I agree here. Most bucc gear doesn't give accuracy stats, so usually we have 110. Pirate 3 gives 55, turn the tide 2 gives another 28 for a total of 193. A buckler on the other hand with 160 dodge gets 240 dodge with elusive three. And bucklers can get more dodge than that. Add espirit for 40 more dodge and you're close to breaking three hundred.

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
bluba4 on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
I agree here. Most bucc gear doesn't give accuracy stats, so usually we have 110. Pirate 3 gives 55, turn the tide 2 gives another 28 for a total of 193. A buckler on the other hand with 160 dodge gets 240 dodge with elusive three. And bucklers can get more dodge than that. Add espirit for 40 more dodge and you're close to breaking three hundred.
lets not forget that the swashbuckler champion weapon gives 37 DODGE! THIRTY SEVEN, oh and what does the buccaneer weapon have? 6-8 armor, How nice

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
161
Tier List this meta
-Easily proven-
1. Buccaneers no doubt.... The chains the Chains you cannot beat a good Buccaneer w/ Moo Robe and even without it they're OP
2. Musketeers they can counter every class and Buccaneers even the best... Obviously Nausica is the reason they're bumped down here because you have to A: give up a gun to avoid nausica chains B: focus her down 1st regardless of who you're facing and Black Fog Nausica HURTS
3. Swashbucklers because of Fog they can apply a lot of pressure quickly but any good player can easily beat one w/ barricade strats and multiple back-up plans
4. Privateer because they can just make it so you'll hit absolutely nothing but other then support w/ summons they have nothing to offer.... They have the easiest time countering R1 summons as they can drop bombs on them as soon as they're summoned
5. Witch the class with the least support to offer and are the most highly maintenance IG atm. If you don't have pvp experience or even any on Witch you WILL NOT get to Champion....

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
135
Masonpeev on Aug 30, 2015 wrote:
240? no way
Basic math

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
TechnomagePvP on Sep 1, 2015 wrote:
Tier List this meta
-Easily proven-
1. Buccaneers no doubt.... The chains the Chains you cannot beat a good Buccaneer w/ Moo Robe and even without it they're OP
2. Musketeers they can counter every class and Buccaneers even the best... Obviously Nausica is the reason they're bumped down here because you have to A: give up a gun to avoid nausica chains B: focus her down 1st regardless of who you're facing and Black Fog Nausica HURTS
3. Swashbucklers because of Fog they can apply a lot of pressure quickly but any good player can easily beat one w/ barricade strats and multiple back-up plans
4. Privateer because they can just make it so you'll hit absolutely nothing but other then support w/ summons they have nothing to offer.... They have the easiest time countering R1 summons as they can drop bombs on them as soon as they're summoned
5. Witch the class with the least support to offer and are the most highly maintenance IG atm. If you don't have pvp experience or even any on Witch you WILL NOT get to Champion....
I agree buccaneers are high up on the list but they are not #1, the chains don't matter when your opponent dodges everyone of them and returns it back with a 300-600 damage riposte which leads into a vengeance leading into another riposte, vs other classes yes buccaneer is very good, and a buccaneer CAN defeat a swashbuckler but their poisons go through our armor so we're forced to use a fortress, and they can easily take out 2 members of our crew with black fog, not to mention them being able to do 1000-1300 damage while staying hidden using poisons and not allowing us to heal

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
the midnightpirate on Sep 1, 2015 wrote:
Basic math
There's no basic math involved, we go into the match with 110 accuracy, then the swashbuckler has anywhere between 140-160 dodge, sure when we get into tide we can start landing some hits on you, but once you're in elusive you're untouchable

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9748
Masonpeev on Sep 1, 2015 wrote:
There's no basic math involved, we go into the match with 110 accuracy, then the swashbuckler has anywhere between 140-160 dodge, sure when we get into tide we can start landing some hits on you, but once you're in elusive you're untouchable
Hmmm, I feel 160 is rather low, There are so many ways a buckler can boost it. Yet, why do Buccaneers get chain hits on me even with my awesome dodge? ( its over 200 and that's all I'm saying. )
+37 to dodge with the champion weapon? WOW!

Developer
Masonpeev on Sep 1, 2015 wrote:
There's no basic math involved, we go into the match with 110 accuracy, then the swashbuckler has anywhere between 140-160 dodge, sure when we get into tide we can start landing some hits on you, but once you're in elusive you're untouchable
+37 dodge sounds like a bug to me-- probably a display bug, but possibly a setting bug.

Do you happen to know where I might see a screen shot of that?