Swashbucklers too overpowered

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
Eric Stormbringer on Oct 1, 2015 wrote:
1v1 as in unit vs unit-not type of pvp
The point is that its unit vs unit within a few rounds anyway so swashbuckler wins out, and now you guys can do 400-500 per round on poison for 5 rounds with scratch. In reality if all the classes used scratch buccaneer would be considered the worst class as of now

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
212
Masonpeev on Oct 1, 2015 wrote:
The point is that its unit vs unit within a few rounds anyway so swashbuckler wins out, and now you guys can do 400-500 per round on poison for 5 rounds with scratch. In reality if all the classes used scratch buccaneer would be considered the worst class as of now
If it's unit vs unit a bucaneer or a privateer with soul shroud and shields can give a swash a run for their money. Regardless the Old scratch poison combo is very overestimated.

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
Eric Stormbringer on Oct 1, 2015 wrote:
If it's unit vs unit a bucaneer or a privateer with soul shroud and shields can give a swash a run for their money. Regardless the Old scratch poison combo is very overestimated.
I saw it in action, one epic hit did 500 per round with scratch buff and no buccaneer has soul shroud fyi

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
382
Masonpeev on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
I saw it in action, one epic hit did 500 per round with scratch buff and no buccaneer has soul shroud fyi
Bucaneers can use soul shroud, I fought one no later than yesterday.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9072
Silver Angel on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
Bucaneers can use soul shroud, I fought one no later than yesterday.
Yes, my buccaneer is equipped with Death's Bargain earring; this is what gives Soul Shroud.

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
anecorbie on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
Yes, my buccaneer is equipped with Death's Bargain earring; this is what gives Soul Shroud.
Yes yes I know but the majority of buccaneers don't use it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9072
Masonpeev on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
Yes yes I know but the majority of buccaneers don't use it
It's very useful when Reckless Frenzy-ing.

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
anecorbie on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
It's very useful when Reckless Frenzy-ing.
No buccaneer uses reckless frenzy and any who do would be a fool to in most situations, if its buckler they'll dodge like crazy, if its a privy or musket they'll just go down to elusive 3 and then heal up with scratch buff spell power increase while I was the one who took damage. And vs witch well thats the only situation where its good but I rarely fight witches anyway

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2015
63
Masonpeev on Jul 18, 2015 wrote:
I have been facing some serious difficulties in this test realm as a buccaneer doing PvP. First of all, we now cannot shield stack which puts a huge huge hole in our defense, and on top of that we can't debuff stack either, which is also a key part of our strategy. This has come for me to say that buccaneer is extremely weak whereas swashbuckler has turned into a no brainer class, all they have to do is go into black fog, (which is still 2x for 5 round when it should be 1.5x for 5 rounds) then apply a curse onto you and your companions, and then all 4 people on the opposing side will just take down your captain, and then they can just easily destroy your companions. Some people may say that you can counter this by going into hidden yourself but if you do this then what the swashbuckler is going to do is kill off your companions, then its 1 vs 4, how is this fair? Not to mention this also destroys privateers because they also, again, shield stack so that they can defend themselves against swashbucklers, but now, there is absolutely no way of defense against this extremely overpowered class
stop saying that swashbucklers are not whats making you lose you are WAY too weak as a buccaneer WE ARE NOT as strong as you keep on saying

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2015
63
Masonpeev on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
No buccaneer uses reckless frenzy and any who do would be a fool to in most situations, if its buckler they'll dodge like crazy, if its a privy or musket they'll just go down to elusive 3 and then heal up with scratch buff spell power increase while I was the one who took damage. And vs witch well thats the only situation where its good but I rarely fight witches anyway
reckless frenzy all ways keeps on hitting me and defeating me and you have good attacks you got from your teacher and the secret teachers and swashbucklers don't have secret teachers

Bosun
May 10, 2010
396
Buccaneers are at the top of the totem pole, how are any Buccaneers stating any other class is too op? like seriously?

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
382
mario king on Oct 3, 2015 wrote:
reckless frenzy all ways keeps on hitting me and defeating me and you have good attacks you got from your teacher and the secret teachers and swashbucklers don't have secret teachers
Swash can learn relentless.

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
mario king on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
stop saying that swashbucklers are not whats making you lose you are WAY too weak as a buccaneer WE ARE NOT as strong as you keep on saying
Thanks for the kind insult but notice the date on that post? yea this was before test realm. Now the problems are super hit poisons with scratch buff, 760 per turn

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
Darth JT on Oct 3, 2015 wrote:
Buccaneers are at the top of the totem pole, how are any Buccaneers stating any other class is too op? like seriously?
Someone clearly hasn't been on recently or checked the date of the post, the original post was made in early test realm. No companion upgrades so less chaining and we couldn't shield so yea. And as of now the order of best classes goes like this: Privateer, witchdoctor, swashbuckler, musketeer and buccaneer so yea. Scratch buff didn't effect buccaneers at all like it did for the other classes

Bosun
May 10, 2010
396
Masonpeev on Oct 4, 2015 wrote:
Someone clearly hasn't been on recently or checked the date of the post, the original post was made in early test realm. No companion upgrades so less chaining and we couldn't shield so yea. And as of now the order of best classes goes like this: Privateer, witchdoctor, swashbuckler, musketeer and buccaneer so yea. Scratch buff didn't effect buccaneers at all like it did for the other classes
Best classes are Privateer, Witchdoctor, Swashbuckler, Musketeer, and Buccaneer? Are you playing Pirate101? Maybe this is your own personal order of classes, but this is not the order of classes in PVP.

Buccaneers are easily top ranked in PVP and it is easiest to get champion with a Buccaneer than it is any other class. Now, to stay on topic of this post, which clearly states that Swashbucklers are too overpowered, but yet, by your own accord, Swashbucklers are ranked 3rd, right in the middle, so would that not make them perfectly balanced? There are too many ways now in game to reduce damage from both hidden attacks and poison, ways to not only protect yourself, but your companions.

The real problem is, people are not setting up their pirate or companions correctly to counter, but that does not make a class overpowered, that makes the player overpowered, which is another topic entirely.

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
Darth JT on Oct 5, 2015 wrote:
Best classes are Privateer, Witchdoctor, Swashbuckler, Musketeer, and Buccaneer? Are you playing Pirate101? Maybe this is your own personal order of classes, but this is not the order of classes in PVP.

Buccaneers are easily top ranked in PVP and it is easiest to get champion with a Buccaneer than it is any other class. Now, to stay on topic of this post, which clearly states that Swashbucklers are too overpowered, but yet, by your own accord, Swashbucklers are ranked 3rd, right in the middle, so would that not make them perfectly balanced? There are too many ways now in game to reduce damage from both hidden attacks and poison, ways to not only protect yourself, but your companions.

The real problem is, people are not setting up their pirate or companions correctly to counter, but that does not make a class overpowered, that makes the player overpowered, which is another topic entirely.
Because this post was during test realm MONTHS AGO and that order has changed after old scratchs little update. I don't know if you're aware but witches can do 1500 damage through a valor's fortress now with just a critical mojo reaver, think about that for a moment

Bosun
May 10, 2010
396
Masonpeev on Oct 5, 2015 wrote:
Because this post was during test realm MONTHS AGO and that order has changed after old scratchs little update. I don't know if you're aware but witches can do 1500 damage through a valor's fortress now with just a critical mojo reaver, think about that for a moment
This is exactly why people are training witch hunter! which if successful reduces the damage of the attack by 1/2. Yet people are complaining that classes get to train witch hunter. Seems that no matter what, nobody is happy with anything, even though there are ways to counter these problems, what nobody wants to strategize or train to counter things? People want wins just handed to them? Again, since Witch Hunter can be trained by anyone and used with any weapon.

Yes, this post was made months ago, but people are still complaining that swashbucklers are too overpowered, why is that? You seem to be stating that it is witch doctors now that are too overpowered...

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
Darth JT on Oct 6, 2015 wrote:
This is exactly why people are training witch hunter! which if successful reduces the damage of the attack by 1/2. Yet people are complaining that classes get to train witch hunter. Seems that no matter what, nobody is happy with anything, even though there are ways to counter these problems, what nobody wants to strategize or train to counter things? People want wins just handed to them? Again, since Witch Hunter can be trained by anyone and used with any weapon.

Yes, this post was made months ago, but people are still complaining that swashbucklers are too overpowered, why is that? You seem to be stating that it is witch doctors now that are too overpowered...
Witch power reduces WEAPON POWER, not SPELL POWER, therefore it does not affect 95% of witchdoctor attacks

Bosun
May 10, 2010
396
Masonpeev on Oct 6, 2015 wrote:
Witch power reduces WEAPON POWER, not SPELL POWER, therefore it does not affect 95% of witchdoctor attacks
So, you assume that because there is a fist, it is only reducing weapon attacks? Would that not defeat the purpose of the talent being called Witch Hunter? The whole point of this talent is to reduce the damage of witchdoctor attacks!

I have seen it reduce spell attacks by half, I am not sure what you are seeing, but if you know otherwise, this is a bug and needs to be reported so it can be fixed.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
331
Darth JT on Oct 6, 2015 wrote:
So, you assume that because there is a fist, it is only reducing weapon attacks? Would that not defeat the purpose of the talent being called Witch Hunter? The whole point of this talent is to reduce the damage of witchdoctor attacks!

I have seen it reduce spell attacks by half, I am not sure what you are seeing, but if you know otherwise, this is a bug and needs to be reported so it can be fixed.
You are wrong here. Its definitely weapon power, never has it been anything but weapon power and it was not in the update notes as far as I can tell. Multiple forum posts mention this. The wiki mentions this. That picture has always meant physical damage.

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
Darth JT on Oct 6, 2015 wrote:
So, you assume that because there is a fist, it is only reducing weapon attacks? Would that not defeat the purpose of the talent being called Witch Hunter? The whole point of this talent is to reduce the damage of witchdoctor attacks!

I have seen it reduce spell attacks by half, I am not sure what you are seeing, but if you know otherwise, this is a bug and needs to be reported so it can be fixed.
Well doesn't reducing a fist mean reducing weapon power? and even if it was this way a witchdoctor can hit me from a distance where my witch hunter won't work

Bosun
May 10, 2010
396
Masonpeev on Oct 7, 2015 wrote:
Well doesn't reducing a fist mean reducing weapon power? and even if it was this way a witchdoctor can hit me from a distance where my witch hunter won't work
This sounds like a bug, because then you would not be calling this talent witch hunter, it would be called melee hunter. Anyhow, when fighting against a witch doctor, it is best if playing a melee class to get up close and personal so you can do damage to the witch doctor, not stay far back so they can pick you off.

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
138
Darth JT on Oct 7, 2015 wrote:
This sounds like a bug, because then you would not be calling this talent witch hunter, it would be called melee hunter. Anyhow, when fighting against a witch doctor, it is best if playing a melee class to get up close and personal so you can do damage to the witch doctor, not stay far back so they can pick you off.
Obviously but if they have ensign Emmett and there are no crates in his line of vision well there's a problem

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
331
Masonpeev on Oct 7, 2015 wrote:
Well doesn't reducing a fist mean reducing weapon power? and even if it was this way a witchdoctor can hit me from a distance where my witch hunter won't work
But if it was that way would you ever not stand near said witchdoctor? Its not like movement is a problem for your class. Though, I do agree with the fact of what witch hunter does.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
396
Masonpeev on Oct 7, 2015 wrote:
Obviously but if they have ensign Emmett and there are no crates in his line of vision well there's a problem
So now we are bringing up ensign Emmett and witch hunter? I thought this thread was supposed to be about how overpowered swashbucklers are, all some of you are doing is proving that no class is too overpowered as everyone has something to complain about when it comes to each class.