Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your Favorite Companion?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
SirAnsie on Dec 6, 2012 wrote:
Hmm, that must be Fa Yao (L45). He is pretty awesome. I have learn him Mojo Rising that is a bonus attack and Mojo Echo so he can hit twice. (Btw, he is a necromancer)

I like El Toro to, but he has become to weak now...

- Stormy Anna Everret
is he the pig necromancer?
- Faithful Tatiana Jackson max witch doctor

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
RyeKishatu2013 on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
My favorite team is now El Toro, Mormo, and Bonnie Anne.
Explanation.

-El Toro - He is my hardest hitter companion who dodges most of the attacks. Riposte 2 gives him the advantage of taking down any reckless swashbuckler, buccaneer, or privateer. He would be my first companion to die (most of the time) because he is the the one who charges first, but he leaves Bonnie Anne, Mormo, and me to take down the remaining two or three.

-Mormo - He may have the least health of this team, but he can do devastating damage, especially to the buccaneers. His mojo blade can kill an enemy who underestimates his health and power. Also, his crow song is a great priority on El Toro, which can make that bull the ultimate melee destroyer. In a battle against a buccaneer, I made a large mistake and got reckless frenzied. Mormo attacked him to the max.

-Bonnie Anne - Her long ranged over watch can really start a battle off and her crazy burst can make a huge chain. She can also double tap, which I take advantage of. Finally, with Bonnie Anne's heal, I can continue using my powers when the fight suddenly turn against me.

I put my trust in this team who does their best

Golden Chris Silver -Level65

P.S. I have a favorite companion from each class, which are in the first five. 1) Swashbuckler - El Toro
2) Witchdoctor - Mormo 3) Musketeer - Bonnie Anne 4) Buccaneer - Ratbeard 5) Privateer - Bat Masterson

Ensign
Jan 09, 2014
Shiningfantasia on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
Hehe, my new favorite is Dave, the Swashbuckler cat. My top companion otherwise is still Milo Greytail.

However, I believe with the character I started, I may no longer get him, because I chose the wrong death for my parents. Very unfortunate. I am hoping I can purchase Greytail and recruit him with crowns. :P
My favorite companion is sarah steele
when do ya get el toro I need to know I am at level 20.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2013
I like catbeard and gracie conrad because catbeard is all ways doing his own thing whether it being throwing fish at some one or just making the valencia and marleybone war worse he still rocking the beard and gracie because she looks like my dog and she is one of the few female companions

find me in the game most likely in the pvp arena behind the tavern crazy roslyn silver lvl 61

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
TatumLee10 on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
My favorite companion is sarah steele
when do ya get el toro I need to know I am at level 20.
An average player gets him level 35. But I got him at level 43 since I was ahead. At that level, which part of cool ranch are you in. When I was level 20, I was still in Valencia.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
It's really difficult to pick just one x. x, to be honest I like each and every companion. But my favourite has got to be Crokagator XD

Ensign
Nov 30, 2013
Probably Zeena :D love her critical fire bonus lol

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Right now it's... Buffalo Bill! He almost never misses a shot and the best magnificent seven person. Plus, he's a bison, and I love bison companions

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Wow, that's a hard choice. Right now, I have 10 top favorites, because of how many really powerful companions I have. Here they are!

1. (Firstmate) Kawil Doomclaw, Raptor Nightstalker. He is apparently the MOST powerful dino you can get out of the Tribal Crew pack. He is my favorite because he is currently the ONLY dino I have after spending over $100 on that accursed pack lol!

2. Lighting Ninja,Ninja Pig Shinobi. He is probably the most unique companion, given the rarity of acquiring a Marco Pollo's puzzle map. I got him at the beginning of the public release of Pirate101. Add onto that, he has 100 ARMOR, the most armored companion you can get in the game.

3. Hoodoo Cornelius, Monkey Bokor. I just recently got him after the Hoodoo Bundle somehow managed to find its way into the boonies of Kansas, in my hometown. He is really powerful, rarely misses, and his unique version of Reckless Frenzy, Go Bananas, is insanely deadly. If you can get the Valor's Armor move and give it to Cornelius before he uses Go Bananas, he becomes a power tank!

4. Gorornado, Gorilla Warlord. One word describes Goronado........EPIC! Goronado comes with Gorilla Warfare, a unique version of Dance of Steel, and he also comes with Vicious Charge. He has TONS of armor, he can deal out hordes of damage, and he is pretty rare given what you need to do to get him and how much he costs once you unlock him!

TO BE CONTINUED IN NEXT POST! Lol, I ran out of room!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Continued from my last post!

5. Naucisa, Centaur Queen. 2 words here describes this Musketeer powerhouse.........INSANELY OVERPOWERED!! She can use all Critical Hits on command, and her unique move, Centaur's Charge, allows her to cross any type of battleboard! She is VITAL in any boss battle or PVP battle!

6. Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah, Troggy High Chief. He can use the move Assassin's Mist, and the Epics you can give him make him a pretty decent powertank, and you rarely seem him with other captains, making him pretty rare. He also has the rare ability to Jump over obstacles.

7. Martin De Valvida, Undead Monkey Champion. He can learn both Vengeance Strike and Riposte, making him pretty powerful, and he also has lots of health, defense, accuracy, and he just looks awesome.

8. Samocles, Eagle Gladiator. He can be given a lot of really good Epic abilities, and he is really cheap. I recommend this to ANY non-Swashbucklers, since the Swash class gets him for free.

9. Rooster Cogburn, Chicken Lawman. He is special, and not many people know about him. Just go to the jail in Cooper's Roost, complete ALL of his quests, and then he joins you. He is decently powerful, and he is one of my favorites.

10. S.M Arson, Undead Avenger. Just like Martin Valvida, he can learn both Vengeance Strike and Riposte, making him a deadly threat in battle. He costs a lot, but he is definitely worth it.

There you go!

Ensign
May 01, 2012
Gonna go with Louis leBisque and here's my list of reasons as to why:

Pro:

Rain of Mortarshells
Occasional naivety and in turn French puns
Highest armor of any musketeer (I think my lvl. 65 has like 67 armor)
Bear Trap
Machine gun-like critical

Cons:

Though said to be one of the musketeer companions, I find it surprising he lacks burst fire
We know little of his past (not really his fault)

So other than really one con and one thing that should be revisited Louis leBisque all the way!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Who knows what causes love or severe dislike for certain companions? Is it their powers/success in battle or something more? I have several favorites: Sarah Steele, because she's sooo cool, Birgus Latro, Subodai and Ratbeard are my favorites.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I now have a bit of a soft spot for Cacarius Grimtooth :D

Ensign
Aug 11, 2013
Doomhorn's always been my favorite. Heavy damage, Double Relentless, Double Vengeance, just the perfect killing machine. He's survived more battles than he's lost.

Ensign
Oct 21, 2012
my favirate companion is definattly el toro he is so op max black finches lvl52

Ensign
Feb 10, 2013
I would have to say the new flamingo companion she is epic and burs fires allot in my opinion. A little better then Bonnie my sea one favorite

Ensign
Aug 27, 2012
Darth JT on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
My most favorite companion in the game currently is Kobe YoJimbo!

He is an awesome Bull Samoori, his Crown Brother Wagyu or as I call him WagE is a very worthy purchase from the crown shop. He starts with First strike and later on, I train him in relentless twice, then riposte!

My second favorite companion is Kan Po, who is also a very worthy companion as well as his crown counterpart. He starts with Riposte, which I later get riposte 2 and Relentless twice, and he gets a heal.

What is your favorite companion and why?
my favorite companion is sarah steele because i love her,yes i am a boy

Ensign
Jan 28, 2013
subodai, because in one of his attacks he rapidly bashes the enemys head

Tarlac Percy lvl 65

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
here I go!

Buccaneer - Peter Quint, this is my favorite class companion by far. He has the best powers like vicious charge, and whales might. Peter Quint uses his relentless commonly and to top it off, he criticals a lot too!
he has relentless 2, vengeance strike and second chance.

Privateer - Catbeard, although there are those few people who don't really like him, I think Catbeard does really well on a Privateer. With the buffs a privateer has, Catbeard could be a force that should be reckoned with! Mine has relentless 2 and reposite 3. Most people give him repel boarders other than reposite 3. If I were you, I would give him reposite 3 other then repel boarders, because when he dodges an attack, he gets an additional dodge buff, which gives him a better chance of dodging again and using another reposite. Catbeard can be a treat to Swashbucklers, Buccaneers, and even Privateers! Give Privateers a taste of their own medicine!

Swashbuckler - El Toro. Do I really need to explain it?

Musketeer - Chantal Livingstone. I love her. She uses Burst Fire a lot and she also comes with Overwatch, one of the musketeer epics. She also has that Sniping power which allows her to snipe a character who is REALLY far away from her.

Witchdoctor - Old Scratch. I didn't complete the game with my Witchdoctor yet, (I just started the chapter with the Magnificent Seven) my favorite companion at the moment is Old Scratch. I admit, Old Scratch isn't the best as his first tier because he fizzles a lot, but once he promotes he can be a really good companion! Plus he doesn't fizzle as much as he used to! Old Scratch is one of the most judged Witchdoctor companions out there, I really think you should give him another chance. He learns Jubo's Breath when he promotes and he also has a power to summon a minion to help you in a battle! They don't do much, but they chould be useful in a fight! Plus, since I am a Witchdoctor, I can also summon additional minions which REALLY Helps!

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
Catbeard because, basically, Ima chuck ma PICKLED HERRING at you!!!

Ensign
Mar 22, 2014
My favorite would be Shiruku Neko, the Cat Ninja, because with her damage, she can kill people in just one round, and her block, is too much. She can block or dodge, and then she uses Riposte ALL THE TIME, which would kill them.

Btw, if you want her, she comes from the side quest Constable Shao gives in Temple of Eternal Serenity on Mooshu.

Ensign
Nov 25, 2010
My favorite companions right now (I'm only at the waponi volcano ) would probably be in this order.
1st-Carcarius Grimtooth because I LOVE sharks

2nd-Mormo because I love his personality. Whenever he thinks someone is up to something, he's like It's ok capt. If he does something bad, I'll kill him for you

And

3rd-Dead Mike because he really doesn't care about anything. I love when sometimes when you go into your companions he's like what now?

Well those are my top 3 favorite companions right now (On my witchdoctor at least)
Well I'll see you guys in game!

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
My favorite main companion has to be el toro. he is great, next would be bonne. I have never bought a crown shop item but if you have to go to the trouble of BUYING a companion I am guessing they would have to be good. Some of my favorite school companions just based on their skill in battle would be mormo and kan po. But personality I like sarah steele, milo greytail and of course monkey king, he is funny.

Fearless john west level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john morris level 32

Ensign
Jun 23, 2013
My favorite is Sarah Steele, I love her outfit and she is just so good at attacking. I bought her first strike, riposte, and repel boarders. She's really helpful but gets attacked often in battles. I also think that Fan Flanders is really good too because she's kind of like the Swashbuckler El Toro :).

~ Hazel L22

Ensign
Feb 08, 2009
I like Doomhorn and Doomclaw because when you battle them you will meet your doom hahahahaha