Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay V!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Sniper Rose on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
Time: Morning
As Jacob Freeman was gonna get some Yum for breakfast down at the tavern; he decided he wanted to go down to the Brawlin Hall first because he wanted to get untired. He went in and seen a wand.
Jacob Freeman: Put that wand DOWN! It's a ice wand from Wizard City.
Hank: How did you know?
Jacob Freeman: My brother is Joshua Wildhammer.
Hank: Okay.
Jacob Freeman: Give that wand to me! I will give it to his or her proper owner!
Hank: You don't know what you're doing.
Jacob Freeman: *pulls out pistol Oh really?
Hank: DON'T! DON'T shoot me! Here's the wand! Just don't kill me.
Jacob Freeman: *puts Pistol back Okay. Now give me that wand.
Hank: *hands
Jacob Freeman: Thank you.
*he heads out toward the docks and got a letter from his brother
Dear Jacob Freeman, Skull Island
6463, Avery's Court
I heard that a ice wizard named Devin arrived at Skull Island. I hope you keep her safe as you know Pirates. Just protect her please. I don't want anything to happen to her,
Love,
Joshua Wildhammer
*Writes back
Dear Joshua Wildhammer, Wizard City
8743, Ravenwood Lane
A Pirate named Hank had her wand, I was gonna shoot Hank unless he gave me the wand because he believed it was good in his hands,
Just tell Merle I got her wand and everything is okay.
P.S Thanks for the letter. I actually needed that info.
Love,
Jacob Freeman
*gives back to the sailor
Jacob Freeman: Devin? Where are you?
Devin: *touches back Turn around.
Jacob Freeman: *turns around
Devin: What do you need me for? Hey ..; that looks like my wand. Give it to me please.
Jacob Freeman: I was here to give this to you. Hank had it.
Devin: Thanks so much and what's your name?
Jacob Freeman: Jacob; Jacob Freeman
Devin: Nice to meet you Jacob.
Devin could tell immediately that this guy knew that she was a wizard. Why complicate things and try and hide the fact that the strange stick in Jacob's hand was a wand? "Nice to meet you Jacob." She smiled warmly at him, then she caressed her wand gently right before stuffing it back into its holder on her belt quickly so that no one else could see it. Devin turned off in the direction of the beach and her jaw dropped. "Oh... wow."
The sun was rising. Mere moments ago it was night, but now the black sky behind the group was turning blue as the sky in front of them was pink, orange, purple, and red as it surrounded the rising sun. The morning mist was pleasantly cold; perfect for the ice wizard. A gentle bluish mist danced over the skyways, making Devin amazed. It was truly breathtaking. Devin so little got to see the sun rise and set, for Wizard City was bordered by large walls.
"Wow... I wish Lizzy were here. She would love this." Jack said. He didn't realize he had said it aloud.
"Wait, you know Lizzy? Elizabeth Tutor, the swashbuckler?" Emma sharpened her gaze on Jack. Who was this odd buccaneer?
"Yeah." Jack blushed slightly. He shook his head, trying to get himself to snap out of it. "Yeah." He said more firmly. "We're apart of the same crew."
Emma narrowed her eyes. "The Golden Gryphon Crew." She said out of nowhere.
Jack nearly toppled over. How did this girl know Lizzy, and how did she know about The Golden Gryphon Crew? Man, that annual meeting of theirs is overdue. "Yes, The Golden Gryphon Crew." He confirmed. Could this day get any odder?

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
Devin could tell immediately that this guy knew that she was a wizard. Why complicate things and try and hide the fact that the strange stick in Jacob's hand was a wand? "Nice to meet you Jacob." She smiled warmly at him, then she caressed her wand gently right before stuffing it back into its holder on her belt quickly so that no one else could see it. Devin turned off in the direction of the beach and her jaw dropped. "Oh... wow."
The sun was rising. Mere moments ago it was night, but now the black sky behind the group was turning blue as the sky in front of them was pink, orange, purple, and red as it surrounded the rising sun. The morning mist was pleasantly cold; perfect for the ice wizard. A gentle bluish mist danced over the skyways, making Devin amazed. It was truly breathtaking. Devin so little got to see the sun rise and set, for Wizard City was bordered by large walls.
"Wow... I wish Lizzy were here. She would love this." Jack said. He didn't realize he had said it aloud.
"Wait, you know Lizzy? Elizabeth Tutor, the swashbuckler?" Emma sharpened her gaze on Jack. Who was this odd buccaneer?
"Yeah." Jack blushed slightly. He shook his head, trying to get himself to snap out of it. "Yeah." He said more firmly. "We're apart of the same crew."
Emma narrowed her eyes. "The Golden Gryphon Crew." She said out of nowhere.
Jack nearly toppled over. How did this girl know Lizzy, and how did she know about The Golden Gryphon Crew? Man, that annual meeting of theirs is overdue. "Yes, The Golden Gryphon Crew." He confirmed. Could this day get any odder?
"Ah, I remember Lizzy. She got into some trouble with the Armada sometime back after doing a great favor for two of my friends, and they set out to save her. I still owe Lizzy." Emma stated, not facing Jack, just watching the sunrise. The red, magenta, orange, lavender, and gold lit up her cerulean eyes as the midnight blue of the night shifted quickly to a pretty cyan.

Another thought materialized as Emma considered this. The girl, Devin, was holding a baton of some sort and it seemed quite urgent. She also seemed to be hiding something. Emma didn't dare state it outrightly though, for she didn't want to risk anything. But Emma had met a person like Devin before... What was she again? The girl she met long ago in Mooshu said she wasn't a pirate but a... Wizard? Emma quickly shook that thought off, and tried to drop it as she continued to watch the sunrise.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
Anneke waved away the offer of the healing potion. "I don't think she's injured or really ill; I think she just fainted. Maybe it's the heat. Anyway, I think she is coming around," Anneke finished, still patting Devin's hand uncertainly as Devin began to stir.

Anneke looked up and saw Emma. "Ooo, nice hat," she commented with genuine admiration.
Emma smiled at Anneke. "Thanks! I do like this hat..." Emma partially mused. "I think your wreath of flowers looks really pretty on you." The Musketeer commented.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Thunder Hawk on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
Hank grumbled at the loss of the wand, now regretting he had threw it to the ground. He glanced at the area where the wand was, but it was gone. Furious, Hank threw his head into his bubbling cauldron, instantly regretting it. Hank pulled his head out of the slimy liquid, with his face now covered with slime. After wiping his face off, Hank got back to work. Soon he found white-ish-blue sparkles on his fingers. I think she really is a wizard, Hank thought. He glanced again at the little conversation. Now, sticking out of Jason's pocket was the wand. I need to get it so I can examine it more, he thought. At that, he got up from his cauldron and...........
(OOC:Thanks, Thunderchu, you have given me and idea of how to get Jenny back into this plot.)

Jenny had watched quietly as Hank summoned the boisterous skeletal pirates and then took the wand from the bench next to her. "Why would anybody want that stick, maybe it is important." Jenny decided to find the pirate that considered a strange stick important enough to steal. (OOC: When Jenny first took the wand from Devin, Jenny only did it for the "fun" of picking Devin's pocket.)

With that thought, Jenny left the tavern and went to talk to Hank at his cauldron.
"Salut! What's so important about that stick then? Jenny asked Hank.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
"Ah, I remember Lizzy. She got into some trouble with the Armada sometime back after doing a great favor for two of my friends, and they set out to save her. I still owe Lizzy." Emma stated, not facing Jack, just watching the sunrise. The red, magenta, orange, lavender, and gold lit up her cerulean eyes as the midnight blue of the night shifted quickly to a pretty cyan.

Another thought materialized as Emma considered this. The girl, Devin, was holding a baton of some sort and it seemed quite urgent. She also seemed to be hiding something. Emma didn't dare state it outrightly though, for she didn't want to risk anything. But Emma had met a person like Devin before... What was she again? The girl she met long ago in Mooshu said she wasn't a pirate but a... Wizard? Emma quickly shook that thought off, and tried to drop it as she continued to watch the sunrise.
Jack turned around sharply. "Lizzy never told me about that." Jack believed Emma... but why hadn't Lizzy told him? He doubted even her own brother knew.
"Poor thing, I would understand why." Emma said. "She's thin as a pencil and pale as the moon now! Even her hair looks bleached white, and you can see her ribs and her cheek bones easily, even through clothes."
Jack took a quick intake of breath, turning back to face the sunrise. Lizzy... poor Lizzy. She used to have a healthy tan, and although she was a a little on the skinny side, fit and healthy. Her hair was always the color of gold, and she was always happy. But Jack doubted she could be happy in that condition.
His eyebrows furrowed as he faced the skyways, not really watching the sunrise anymore.

Captain
May 16, 2011
CdeWinter on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
(OOC:Thanks, Thunderchu, you have given me and idea of how to get Jenny back into this plot.)

Jenny had watched quietly as Hank summoned the boisterous skeletal pirates and then took the wand from the bench next to her. "Why would anybody want that stick, maybe it is important." Jenny decided to find the pirate that considered a strange stick important enough to steal. (OOC: When Jenny first took the wand from Devin, Jenny only did it for the "fun" of picking Devin's pocket.)

With that thought, Jenny left the tavern and went to talk to Hank at his cauldron.
"Salut! What's so important about that stick then? Jenny asked Hank.
Hank thought for a moment. Then he responded, "I think it is some sort of....wand? Isn't a wand what wizards use? Um, and just a few minutes ago, when I waved the wand thingy, a ball of ice hit me in the face. So, I guess it is a wand for an Ice Wizard?
~
OOC: Hank knows a little about wizards, but on a scale of millions of wizard info, that is barely anything.
~
" I need to examine it more, shame I threw it to the ground......Can you do me a favor? Don't tell anybody about our conversation." Then, Hank got up from his cauldron, eyed the wand, and thought, Now. It. Starts.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Jul 27, 2013 wrote:
Jack turned around sharply. "Lizzy never told me about that." Jack believed Emma... but why hadn't Lizzy told him? He doubted even her own brother knew.
"Poor thing, I would understand why." Emma said. "She's thin as a pencil and pale as the moon now! Even her hair looks bleached white, and you can see her ribs and her cheek bones easily, even through clothes."
Jack took a quick intake of breath, turning back to face the sunrise. Lizzy... poor Lizzy. She used to have a healthy tan, and although she was a a little on the skinny side, fit and healthy. Her hair was always the color of gold, and she was always happy. But Jack doubted she could be happy in that condition.
His eyebrows furrowed as he faced the skyways, not really watching the sunrise anymore.
Side Note: The Hank thing is over. We're going with our side of the storyline than you very much but if you want your own version; just keep on doing it. It will be two seperate links of the storyline if Jacob didn't get that wand.
Now onto the story!
Jacob Freeman: Did I forget to go to bed last night! *sighs I'm in for a rest.
*Jacob sleeps
*a knock is at the door
Jacob Freeman: I got enough rest. *gets up
Time: It's now Mid-Day
Jacob Freeman: *opens Who is it?
Hank: Remember me?
Jacob Freeman: *pulls out gun I will do it again if I have to!
Hank: *runs
Jacob Freeman: Hank is never gonna get me! *flips pistols and catches
Lizzy: I love how you did that!
Jacob Freeman: I don't like him. He thinks I still has the wand.
Lizzy: Now does he?
Jacob Freeman: Yes he does.
Lizzy: Okay. We better keep it a secret I have the wand. I just wanna get outta here!
Jacob Freeman: Without your brother?
Lizzy: Oh yea. Him to.
Jacob Freeman: Is this a secret your hiding from me?
*to be continued

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Sniper Rose on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
Side Note: The Hank thing is over. We're going with our side of the storyline than you very much but if you want your own version; just keep on doing it. It will be two seperate links of the storyline if Jacob didn't get that wand.
Now onto the story!
*Jacob sleeps
*a knock is at the door
Lizzy: Okay. We better keep it a secret I have the wand. I just wanna get outta here!
*to be continued
OOC: I think you mixed up my two characters, Devin and Lizzy, together. Currently Lizzy's brother, Andrew, is in Darkmoor and therefore she wouldn't need to worry about leaving without him. THANK YOU for introducing Lizzy to the plotline: she's my favorite and I relate to her the most. XD Her decisions are the kinds of decisions that I would make, given the chance. Maybe we could say this is something that the whole Golden Gryphon crew should be involved in?
~
Lizzy inched along the beach of Skull Island, taking a gold coin out of her topcoat with a Golden Gryphon on it. She flipped it over to find that the crest of Skull Island was on the back, telling Lizzy that this member of the crew lived in Skull Island once their real family died. She followed where the coin led her and stopped in front of the doors of the Kraken Skulls Tavern. Lizzy breathed in shakily, from nervousness and that constant fear that always nagged at the back of her brain. She brushed back her hair with her hands and tugged on it like she does when she doesn't really know what to do, and suddenly she found that the swirls and scars on the door were very intriguing. Oh, and that Kraken head too.
She finally made herself do it. She opened the door to the tavern.
Many people hushed into silence once they saw the pale awkward silhouette of a girl standing at the door. If it was possible at all, she grew even paler right before blushing and putting some white-blonde hair behind her ear. Lizzy forced her legs to move forward until she found herself looking at the back of a boy with black hair. His outfit was mostly black, along with an ocean blue trim. He wore a tricorn similar to her own and some shin-high boots, unlike Lizzy, who wore knee-high boots. She took in a deep breath and tapped the back of the boy sitting before her.
"Little busy." He said, waving his hand over his shoulder and continuing to talk to his younger sister.
She tapped again.
"Still busy." He responded.
Lizzy grinned. This was just like Jack.
She tapped once more.
"What is it?!" Jack demanded, turning around sharply in his chair. He glared down at the small pale girl that sat before him, not recognizing this moon-white girl to be Lizzy.
She smiled sheepishly at him.
Jack's eyes widened. "Lizzy!" He exclaimed, tackling this girl into a hug. She was slightly shocked and it took her a moment to breathe, but she hugged Jack back all the same.
"Hey Jack." She managed to strangle out. Boy, this Buccaneer was strong! "We need to talk in private." Lizzy lowered her voice, looking at Jack's icicle blue eyes with her own emerald green. Jack looked back at her slightly nervously, wondering what in the world could possibly be so urgent for her to come all the way from Valencia to talk with him in private.
~
OOC: It's up to you guys what happens next!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I think you mixed up my two characters, Devin and Lizzy, together. Currently Lizzy's brother, Andrew, is in Darkmoor and therefore she wouldn't need to worry about leaving without him. THANK YOU for introducing Lizzy to the plotline: she's my favorite and I relate to her the most. XD Her decisions are the kinds of decisions that I would make, given the chance. Maybe we could say this is something that the whole Golden Gryphon crew should be involved in?
~
Lizzy inched along the beach of Skull Island, taking a gold coin out of her topcoat with a Golden Gryphon on it. She flipped it over to find that the crest of Skull Island was on the back, telling Lizzy that this member of the crew lived in Skull Island once their real family died. She followed where the coin led her and stopped in front of the doors of the Kraken Skulls Tavern. Lizzy breathed in shakily, from nervousness and that constant fear that always nagged at the back of her brain. She brushed back her hair with her hands and tugged on it like she does when she doesn't really know what to do, and suddenly she found that the swirls and scars on the door were very intriguing. Oh, and that Kraken head too.
Many people hushed into silence once they saw the pale awkward silhouette of a girl standing at the door. If it was possible at all, she grew even paler right before blushing and putting some white-blonde hair behind her ear. Lizzy forced her legs to move forward until she found herself looking at the back of a boy with black hair. His outfit was mostly black, along with an ocean blue trim. He wore a tricorn similar to her own and some shin-high boots, unlike Lizzy, who wore knee-high boots. She took in a deep breath and tapped the back of the boy sitting before her.
"Little busy." He said, waving his hand over his shoulder and continuing to talk to his younger sister.
She tapped again.
She tapped once more.
"What is it?!" Jack demanded, turning around sharply in his chair. He glared down at the small pale girl that sat before him, not recognizing this moon-white girl to be Lizzy.
Jack's eyes widened. "Lizzy!" He exclaimed, tackling this girl into a hug. She was slightly shocked and it took her a moment to breathe, but she hugged Jack back all the same.
"Hey Jack." She managed to strangle out. Boy, this Buccaneer was strong! "We need to talk in private." Lizzy lowered her voice, looking at Jack's icicle blue eyes with her own emerald green. Jack looked back at her slightly nervously, wondering what in the world could possibly be so urgent for her to come all the way from Valencia to talk with him in private.
~
Emma glanced over. "Well, if it isn't Lizzy. Long time no see." She smiled at the blonde and waved. "I'm gonna say hi for Keira too. Dunno where she is though." Emma shrugged and played with a couple strands of her dirty blonde hair. She took a quick sip of the bottle of Yum in her hand, humming some song notably one most likely originating from Cool Ranch.

Savannah glared at Emma. "That makes what, three bottles of Yum so far?" She rolled her eyes at Emma's nod of confirmation. "I thought tea was more your thing."

"It is! But no one said a girl can't have a couple bottles o' Yum every once in a while," Emma grinned. "Besides, we're pirates. It's not against the law to have some Yum." She continued humming whatever song it was, stopping every couple seconds to take a sip of Yum.

"I'm just going to pretend I don't know you."

"And I'll just keep talkin' to ya."

Captain
May 16, 2011
Now onto the story!
*Jacob sleeps
*a knock is at the door
*to be continued
OOC:.............Sorry but, just *face palm*. For one, Hank wouldn't have gone there in the first place. He knows Jacob gave the wand to Devin, he isn't stupid. And also, didn't I just say that Hank can easily disarm Jacob, not that he would start screaming and running like a maniac? And as I recently hinted, Hank is going after Devin and her wand, not Jacob, capece?
~
(By the by, as of my actual character in the game, Hank wields a staff and cutlass, so this Hank also has a cutlass)
Hank ran down the hall, screaming like a maniac when he saw the gun. Oh, wait, idea blast, he thought. He spun around, seeing Jacob Freeman running straight toward him. He waved his staff ten times, and Jacob's pistols flew straight to his hand. Hank threw them to the ground, and casted Mojo Storm. Jacob's two pistols exploded in midair. "So what are you going to do now?" Hank asked Jacob. "You have no weapons, which leaves you wide open."
~
OOC: Don't get the wrong idea about Hank, he isn't ruthless and brutal as those last three or four sentences might have suggested. He only attacks people he must to defend himself, unless they really get on his nerves. Jacob got himself into that mess, only because he brought out the pistols. If Jacob had peacefully reasoned with Hank, Hank might have given up the wand without a fight.

Ensign
Oct 29, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
~
She tapped again.
She tapped once more.
~
The bartender, Luis, notice Lizzy and Jack act suspicious and whisper to each other, he concentrated on their talking but was soon stormed by a cutthroat, "give me the tavern special" order the menacing cutthroat. "c-c-coming sir" stuttered Luis, scared the shark might slash him to pieces if he wasn't fast enough. "here you go sir". Luis slip and wet the shark with yum. The furious Shark punch him out of the tavern and took out his giant sword. Luis saw he was in danger but he was saved by Jack and Lizzy and made the shark surrender. "Thanks for saving me, how can I repay you?" said Luis. "Do you know where Avery keeps his artillery?" asked Jack. "Yes, he keeps it in the Musketeer's roost, if you want I can get some of my friends from scrimshaw and smuggle some of it, we just got to be careful with Mordekai or else he will alert all of Avery's deadly guards. "guess I'll have to distract Mordekai" said Jack. "I wonder if I can join your journey, I am really talented on using guns, I wont ask for anything I just want to repay my debt with you guys".

This is the first time I do this I hope I didn't do bad

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
(OOC: this is your thread Elizabeth, and I think you should call the shots, and I know you love Lizzy as a character -- I can relate, as I especially love Anne -- but introducing Lizzy and Golden Gryphon crew, aren't you pulling away from the story you started originally with Devin and her brother? Just something to think about. Mind you, I am not entirely altruistic pointing this out, as I would enjoy writing for Anneke again, as I think the interaction of a relatively unskilled but promising witchdoctor and a trained wizard could be interesting, plus more skilled witchdoctors like Hank, and other pirates who might not be so keen on magic-users.)

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Now onto the story!
*Jacob sleeps
*a knock is at the door
*to be continued
(OOC: I really don't want to be taken as being rude here Miss Rose, but please stop and think a bit before you tell someone what they can and can't post on these roleplay threads, no worries about what Hank and Jenny are doing I am very close to tying it back into the main story. In other words, our little thread is not a split or separated thread, it's a short thread that has only been temporarily teased out from the main story line.)

(OOC: For Thunderchu, Emma, and Elizabeth, since your characters claim to be from Polaris (Thunderchu) or have met Jenny's older sister Scarlet before (Emma and Elizabeth) I'm leaving it entirely up to you whether or not your characters have met or heard of Jenny before.)

Jenny knew there was no way she could just pick Devin's wand off of her again. Devin might still be distracted enough but the other pirates would definetly be keeping an eye open if Jenny walked up to them again. The only Jenny might possibly have of getting Devin's wand again would be to join the small group of pirates and gain their confidence. Jenny decided to start this simply by apologizing to Devin.

Jenny once again entered the Kraken Skulls tavern walked up to Devin and the pirates. This time Jenny walked more slowly, keeping her hands in her own pockets and kept a bit more distance between herself and Devin.

"Je suis desole..." Jenny began and then stopped when Devin didn't appear to understand any Polarian.
"That's a bit odd" Jenny though to herself, and tried again using the common Merchant Langauage known to most inhabitants of the Spiral.
"I'm sorry about taking that baton before, I only did that to have a bit of fun. I'm Jenny Kidd by the way, and I understand that you're from Polaris? My older sister and myself are both from Polaris. Don't you miss the cold snowy nights, all of the fun games like sledding, skating, and ice boating?"

Captain
May 16, 2011
CdeWinter on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: I really don't want to be taken as being rude here Miss Rose, but please stop and think a bit before you tell someone what they can and can't post on these roleplay threads, no worries about what Hank and Jenny are doing I am very close to tying it back into the main story. In other words, our little thread is not a split or separated thread, it's a short thread that has only been temporarily teased out from the main story line.)

(OOC: For Thunderchu, Emma, and Elizabeth, since your characters claim to be from Polaris (Thunderchu) or have met Jenny's older sister Scarlet before (Emma and Elizabeth) I'm leaving it entirely up to you whether or not your characters have met or heard of Jenny before.)

Jenny knew there was no way she could just pick Devin's wand off of her again. Devin might still be distracted enough but the other pirates would definetly be keeping an eye open if Jenny walked up to them again. The only Jenny might possibly have of getting Devin's wand again would be to join the small group of pirates and gain their confidence. Jenny decided to start this simply by apologizing to Devin.

Jenny once again entered the Kraken Skulls tavern walked up to Devin and the pirates. This time Jenny walked more slowly, keeping her hands in her own pockets and kept a bit more distance between herself and Devin.

"Je suis desole..." Jenny began and then stopped when Devin didn't appear to understand any Polarian.
"That's a bit odd" Jenny though to herself, and tried again using the common Merchant Langauage known to most inhabitants of the Spiral.
"I'm sorry about taking that baton before, I only did that to have a bit of fun. I'm Jenny Kidd by the way, and I understand that you're from Polaris? My older sister and myself are both from Polaris. Don't you miss the cold snowy nights, all of the fun games like sledding, skating, and ice boating?"
Hank rammed Jacob to the ground and held him down with both hands. Jacob wriggled furiously under his grip, but Hank could still keep him down. Then Hank spoke. "You stay out of my way, got it? Got it?!" Jacob said nothing but continued to struggle. "All right, have it your way." Hank said. He was about to deliver a blow that could knock Jacob out for a while, when a voice spoke in his head. No! Don't do it! It isn't his.........the voice didn't finish because Hank refused to listen. "Get out of my head!" Hank screamed at the still talking voice. When Hank loosened his grip on Jacob, Jacob easily snuck away. Hank had forgotten all about Jacob at that moment. His grip not feeling Jacob snapped him back to attention. He grumbled as he went to Port Regal. There he went to the Dark Magic Market in the sewers, and bought an Olfax Tracking Snout, a snout said to be able to sniff out anything. Hank took out his sample of Ice wand dust that he had aquired that very day. The snout sniffed, and pointed in the direction of Devin. I'm going to get that wand, Hank thought, A wizard wand is very fascinating, in my opinion.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012

(OOC: Neither Emma or Savannah are from Polaris. XD Emma's a proud Cool Ranch girl, while Savannah is a definite Skull Island person. But Emma knows Lizzy, yes.)

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: this is your thread Elizabeth, and I think you should call the shots, and I know you love Lizzy as a character -- I can relate, as I especially love Anne -- but introducing Lizzy and Golden Gryphon crew, aren't you pulling away from the story you started originally with Devin and her brother? Just something to think about. Mind you, I am not entirely altruistic pointing this out, as I would enjoy writing for Anneke again, as I think the interaction of a relatively unskilled but promising witchdoctor and a trained wizard could be interesting, plus more skilled witchdoctors like Hank, and other pirates who might not be so keen on magic-users.)
(OOC: Just like I love Emma. My violin playin' country girl. Just like me (except I don't know how to play a violin!).

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012

(OOC: ah, thanks Scarlet, er, Jenny, now I can get back in)

"No, it's good, really," Anneke commented, gently pushing a mug of Yum toward Devin, who looked at the unfamiliar beverage warily. "It tastes like ... pineapple juice. Sort of. Maybe with peaches. Although, not really. Anyway, it is delicious," she finished, drinking some of the cool, refreshing juice herself.

As she drank, Anneke noticed Jenny coming lightly towards them. She gazed at the girl dreamily, through half-lidded eyes. Jenny's aura flicked around her like tongues of flame. Mercurial, Anneke thought. Perhaps mischievous. But no darkness in her. Anneke smiled a welcome at Jenny, who first spoke in a language she did not understand. But her description of Polaris excited Anneke's imagination. Her light-colored eyes sparkled.

"Oh, snow! Sledding and ice skating! I remember how I loved that when I was very small," Anneke enthused, clapping her hands happily. "I don't think my family was in Polaris though... I can't remember now where we were," she added, thought making her frown slightly. Her face cleared. "I haven't seen snow in so long, as I had been living in Krokotopia for many years. It's pretty hot there, you see." She quickly segued the subject to get off the topic of Polaris, to spare Devin. "Sort of like here in Skull Island, but Krokotopia was hotter. And drier. But you are going to love Skull Island, Devin. All the tropical flowers and fruits, and beautiful places. Do you have any favorite places in Skull Island, Jenny?" Anneke inquired with seeming artlessness, twining the flowers she had picked into her necklace and bracelets.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012

"I've heard of ya. Scarlet's sister right?" Emma commented. She held her hand out and smiled. "I'm Emma, Emma Everhart. I know your older sister pretty well. She's a good person, I like hanging out with her and such. If ya see her, tell her I say hi." The blonde took another sip of Yum.

Captain
May 16, 2011
OOC: I've hinted three times Hank s going after the wand. Please no one say otherwise.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Thunder Hawk on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I've hinted three times Hank s going after the wand. Please no one say otherwise.
OOC: Don't worry thunderchu, Jenny is very curious about Devin's wand and currently believes the best way she'll learn more about it, is if she helps Hank get the wand back, Therefore until some larger much more sinister villain appears Jenny is secretly helping Hank. I also want to point out that as Anne said, Jenny is a mischievous prankster, she's not really a bad person, if she though Devin would be more open about the wand and her background (which she's clearly not ready for yet) Jenny would help Devin not Hank.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:

"No, it's good, really," Anneke commented, gently pushing a mug of Yum toward Devin, who looked at the unfamiliar beverage warily. "It tastes like ... pineapple juice. Sort of. Maybe with peaches. Although, not really. Anyway, it is delicious," she finished, drinking some of the cool, refreshing juice herself.

As she drank, Anneke noticed Jenny coming lightly towards them. She gazed at the girl dreamily, through half-lidded eyes. Jenny's aura flicked around her like tongues of flame. Mercurial, Anneke thought. Perhaps mischievous. But no darkness in her. Anneke smiled a welcome at Jenny, who first spoke in a language she did not understand. But her description of Polaris excited Anneke's imagination. Her light-colored eyes sparkled.

"Oh, snow! Sledding and ice skating! I remember how I loved that when I was very small," Anneke enthused, clapping her hands happily. "I don't think my family was in Polaris though... I can't remember now where we were," she added, thought making her frown slightly. Her face cleared. "I haven't seen snow in so long, as I had been living in Krokotopia for many years. It's pretty hot there, you see." She quickly segued the subject to get off the topic of Polaris, to spare Devin. "Sort of like here in Skull Island, but Krokotopia was hotter. And drier. But you are going to love Skull Island, Devin. All the tropical flowers and fruits, and beautiful places. Do you have any favorite places in Skull Island, Jenny?" Anneke inquired with seeming artlessness, twining the flowers she had picked into her necklace and bracelets.
Emma finished her Yum bottle, and then groaned. "I wish I got tea instead... Yum makes me tired..." She murmured to no one in particular. Savannah rolled her eyes at the blonde.

"See what I meant?"

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:

"Favourite place in Skull Island? I don't think I have one, it's far too hot and humid here. Although, Corsair's Cove is quite nice." Jenny replied, "But why are we all sitting around in this tavern? Now, I understand from my sister Scarlet that Emma likes to sit around in taverns and drink tea, but if Devin wants to be a pirate, shouldn't we go do something piratey?" Jenny asked the group seated around the table.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
CdeWinter on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
"Favourite place in Skull Island? I don't think I have one, it's far too hot and humid here. Although, Corsair's Cove is quite nice." Jenny replied, "But why are we all sitting around in this tavern? Now, I understand from my sister Scarlet that Emma likes to sit around in taverns and drink tea, but if Devin wants to be a pirate, shouldn't we go do something piratey?" Jenny asked the group seated around the table.
Devin paled sharply. This was definitely not planned. What should she do? She's not a very good actor, so she can't just lay on the ground and moan and groan and pretend she's got a deathly stomach ache. Although she knew Jack was a master at that. She can't just say that she doesn't want to... because that's not very piratey... Gah! Cornered!
"Um..." was all Devin managed to say.
Lizzy had taken Jack away, so she had no back up. Devin... alone.
"Uh..."
Devin was indeed a master of words.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Anneke glanced shyly at Devin, twisting bits of her pale blonde hair into twined strands in a nervous manner. "If you want to do something, um, piratey, would you like to join me on my ship for a little sail around the Island? It's not a very big ship," she added apologetically. "But I like it." She looked hopefully at the 'snow girl', wishing she had enough nerve to ask about what sort of hoodoo Devin possessed.