Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay V!

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
"If you are a thaumaturge, why arent you in Ravenwood?" Kai asks, saying Ravenwood bitterly, as if he held a grudge.
"Why are you all on the hanted isle?"

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
"It's okay!" Lizzy launched herself to the boy from the raft and put her hands on his shoulder and his back, steadying him. "You can trust us, I promise." Lizzy smiled, and the boy could tell that she meant it. "Sorry about the smell, I didn't know very many ways to wake you up." She guided him over to Jack, who wielded different foods, and handed some to him. "I imagine your hungry."

Devin's eyes widened when she saw the spirit rush out of Kai's body. "Oh, thank goodness! I was worried I was going to have to freeze you or something." She smiled and strode back over to Kai. "I don't believe we have been properly introduced. My name is Devin DarkFlame, rank nine Thaumaturge." Well, that spirit has already told everyone in The Spiral, no use in trying to hide it now. She extended her hand to shake Kai's.
"Wizard, really?" Jenny said as she holstered her pistols, "Wizards don't exist. They're just old wive's tales. Hmph, rank nine Thaumaturge" Jenny continued in a childlike sing-song tone. "Really, Devin I thought you were going to be an awesome normal witchdoctor, but you're just like all the rest. Making up some big mysterious story to try and make yourself seem better and more powerful than all the other witchdoctors around."

"At least Anneke doesn't have to put on airs to try and show her power." Jenny added as she walked away from Devin and sat down. "So Anneke, where do you think the watermole might be?"

[OOC: Don't worry, I don't think Jenny hates Devin or anything, she's just really dissapointed. Jenny and Scarlet don't believe that wizards exist, so it will take a lot more than Devin simply saying she's a wizard to convince Jenny otherwise.]

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
OOC: Something in the last sequence of four posts is bothering me. Could we like, switch them around a bit?

The trees were falling and the volcano was starting up, and the fact that the Armada was here made the situation worse. Pearl drew her flintlock pistol and her rapier, Connor arming himself with his musket.
"Oh dear, I was hoping to at least get some yum in before another battle."
Pearl took a quick glance one who gave the warning. A halberd? Interesting. No time for more observation though. She attempted to death glare the clockworks. She felt a bit more fierce when she did that. She wanted to charge in, but Connor taught her time and time again that it wasn't always good to rush into battle.
"The Armada must pay..."

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
Dino stands up from the sand, saying, "So. What now? Who are you people anyways?"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Kai Alcott on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
"If you are a thaumaturge, why arent you in Ravenwood?" Kai asks, saying Ravenwood bitterly, as if he held a grudge.
"Why are you all on the hanted isle?"
"My brother dragged me here." Devin sighed, shooting a look at Jack. "And our ship's rudder is off set... I think... so we need supplies, but there's a witchdoctor trapped by the armada on the island. We're going to rescue her before we leave."

She turned to Jenny, a playful look on her face, amused by her attitude about wizards. She shrugged. "You're welcome to think that wizards are old wive's tales, but keep in mind, I am here in the flesh." Devin frowned as if vaguely aware of a fly buzzing by her ear, then turning around and noticed 'the eyeless ones', as Anneke put it. Devin grinned and cracked her knuckles, then pointed the staff towards the army. "Eis Gigante, heren mi placitum!"

Her staff glowed a bright blue, and the same glow appeared in the sky. It grew into a cloud, in which case was accompanied by the large upper body of a frost giant. He released a rumbling roar that shook the ground, then with his hammer of ice, he crushed many groups of armada soldiers, nearly wiping them all out. He turned and bowed to little Devin, then seemed to shrink into oblivion, the cloud going with him.

"Thank you." She murmured under her breath, closing her eyes and giving a slight bow back. Then she opened her eyes and smiled at Jenny. "Ever see a witchdoctor do that?"

Jack took his spear off his back and dashed off to the remaining clockworks, a chilling grin having taken place on his face. Lizzy nodded to Jack, then paused for a moment, remembering her own escape from the armada, a very similar one. She turned to the boy who had washed up on the island by raft, a soothing smile making the boy smile along with her. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Dino." She shook Dino's hand, nodded curtly to him, then wielded her battle angel's rapiers and leaped into the thick of battle alongside her friends.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
(OOC: I am going to be away for a couple of day, I would appreciate it if Elizabeth or Emma could take over Jenny until I get back. Just a few thing to remember about her. She is very mischievous, but also quite kind hearted, she is a musketeer who prefers to use two pistols. She loves gold, and goes a bit selfish whenever gold is about. She does have a problem with stealing from people, but will often give back what ever item she has taken if asked. And most importantly, She DOES NOT believe in wizards, it will take a lot to convince her that wizards exist, and until that time, she will continue to believe that Devin is just another witchdoctor trying to maker herself look more important/stronger than she really is. Jenny is going to be somewhat miffed at Devin for this. Also, I look forward to seeing how the story goes when I get back (I really do look forward to it))

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Kai throws the halberd at a clockwork marine suddenly, cutting it in half.
"They have Hiku!" He shouts, charging directly at the armada captain. He gets blasted, though, and tied up.
"Take them!" Servus Optimus commands. Scratch's wand goes waving and Marquis the monkey charges.
OOC: Someone save me!!!! A cookie to whoever kills Optimus.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Kai Alcott on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
Kai throws the halberd at a clockwork marine suddenly, cutting it in half.
"They have Hiku!" He shouts, charging directly at the armada captain. He gets blasted, though, and tied up.
"Take them!" Servus Optimus commands. Scratch's wand goes waving and Marquis the monkey charges.
OOC: Someone save me!!!! A cookie to whoever kills Optimus.
Pearl saw a boy get captured.
They can't take anyone else. They won't take anyone else!
She jumped, slid, and sidestepped each attack as she made her way to the captain. Soon, she was face to face with the clockwork. She kicked the musket (OOC: It's a musketeer, right? Or is it one of the marine type captains?) out of the captain's hands. Quickly, she slid her leg under the captain's own two, swiping its feet off the ground. She sidestepped as a spark from a musketeer came flying toward her and she stabbed the captain over and over and over again, until she was sure it was out of commission. She hurried to the boy and cut the ropes, grabbing him and dragging him into a small safety zone before returning to fight the remaining clockworks.
Connor bashed several marines if they got too close to him, while sniping the others at a distance. It was then he ran out of lightning powder.
Oh dear. This isn't going to end well.
As a last resort, he started using his musket only as a club, as well as attaching a bayonet. He stabbed and he swung at the clockworks, making several dents in the fine metal. A smirk appeared on his face as Pearl returned with some powder from the clockwork snipers.
"Why thank you."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just as she was about to suggest to everyone to follow Jenny's path and find clues to discern where the water-mole had been taken, everything happened at once:

*I doubt it will be that easy -- came Hank's voice into her mind. Her mind! How... how had that happened? She struggled to answer but didn't know how. His presence seemed to have withdrawn anyway.

*Anneke still felt awed by Devin's power and treasuring the memory of the ice wyvern, but Kai and Jenny openly challenged Devin's claim. And what is a 'Ravenwood', Anneke briefly wondered.

*The earth trembled, indicating the volcano was not entirely quieted by the ice wyvern's cold.

*In a flurry of tree branches shifting, a platoon of Armada soldiers appeared, weapons ready and aimed at the increasingly large party on the beach [ooo, a beach party! No, no, she doesn't think that.].

Anneke gasped and prepared herself to fight, drawing magic from the earth and herself into her staff. Several others of the young pirates charged the Armada soldiers as they began to advance.

Then Devin shouted some words of power, lifting her borrowed staff into the air. Anneke almost forgot the oncoming battle as she stood transfixed by the incredible, formidable appearance of the gigantic Ice Giant. In just one sweep, the mystic personage had destroyed almost all the Armada soldiers, and as the summoning dissipated, the clockworks lay scattered on the beach, unmoving.

"You are truly Snegurochka, Snow Girl," Anneke exclaimed to Devin, awed and elated. "Ice and snow bows to your command!"

Anneke felt so happy she had seen all that. And there was a certain self-satisfied pleasure in knowing that she had been right about Devin all along, truthfully more than she had even realized. Then looking around the battlefield, Anneke noticed something wrong. "Where's that odd kid? The one who tried to attack us before?"

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
Just as she was about to suggest to everyone to follow Jenny's path and find clues to discern where the water-mole had been taken, everything happened at once:

*I doubt it will be that easy -- came Hank's voice into her mind. Her mind! How... how had that happened? She struggled to answer but didn't know how. His presence seemed to have withdrawn anyway.

*Anneke still felt awed by Devin's power and treasuring the memory of the ice wyvern, but Kai and Jenny openly challenged Devin's claim. And what is a 'Ravenwood', Anneke briefly wondered.

*The earth trembled, indicating the volcano was not entirely quieted by the ice wyvern's cold.

*In a flurry of tree branches shifting, a platoon of Armada soldiers appeared, weapons ready and aimed at the increasingly large party on the beach [ooo, a beach party! No, no, she doesn't think that.].

Anneke gasped and prepared herself to fight, drawing magic from the earth and herself into her staff. Several others of the young pirates charged the Armada soldiers as they began to advance.

Then Devin shouted some words of power, lifting her borrowed staff into the air. Anneke almost forgot the oncoming battle as she stood transfixed by the incredible, formidable appearance of the gigantic Ice Giant. In just one sweep, the mystic personage had destroyed almost all the Armada soldiers, and as the summoning dissipated, the clockworks lay scattered on the beach, unmoving.

"You are truly Snegurochka, Snow Girl," Anneke exclaimed to Devin, awed and elated. "Ice and snow bows to your command!"

Anneke felt so happy she had seen all that. And there was a certain self-satisfied pleasure in knowing that she had been right about Devin all along, truthfully more than she had even realized. Then looking around the battlefield, Anneke noticed something wrong. "Where's that odd kid? The one who tried to attack us before?"
"By odd kid, you mean me, don't you?!" Kai yells, dodging and blocking clockwork marine attacks.
Suddenly, Deacon stormed out of the trees, carrying a chained-up water-mole witchdoctor.
He sees Devin's staff, and commands "Take the staff! The platypus-"
The water-mole bit him at the word 'platypus'.
-does not have it!" Deacon finishes, as an army rushes from the forest.
"Hiku!" Kai shouts to the water-mole. "Here!"
He pulls the wand of a death wizard from his pocket and throws it to the water-mole.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
Dino tried to take a clockwork hostage, blowing off its legs but still allowing it to talk.
"Where did you take my crew!?" He gestures menacingly with his staff as he says this.
"ThEy HaVe beeeeeen se-nt to val... encia for exxxxxxxxecu-"
At this point the clockwork is interrupted by a hard bash on the head, sending gears and wires flying, the clockwork falling to the floor.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Kai Alcott on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
"By odd kid, you mean me, don't you?!" Kai yells, dodging and blocking clockwork marine attacks.
Suddenly, Deacon stormed out of the trees, carrying a chained-up water-mole witchdoctor.
He sees Devin's staff, and commands "Take the staff! The platypus-"
The water-mole bit him at the word 'platypus'.
-does not have it!" Deacon finishes, as an army rushes from the forest.
"Hiku!" Kai shouts to the water-mole. "Here!"
He pulls the wand of a death wizard from his pocket and throws it to the water-mole.
OOC: yes, by referring to Kai as the 'odd kid', it is a case of the 'pot calling the kettle black', don't you think?

But on a more story-crafting note, I'm not entirely sure what just happened here? (Although I thought the water-mole biting the enemy after being called a platypus was pretty hilarious ) Are you talking about the water-mole shamaness we are looking for? The one who has been taken somewhere else than the beach we are on? And I respectfully suggest that although we may fight the Armada (such a challenging and interesting enemy!), we don't bring Elites and Kane into the mix, or if a known quantity like Deacon, extremely carefully. And I don't think Deacon would show up here. Remember, Deacon does not confront our pirate unless he has overwhelming force or a cunning trap (or both) on his side. He likes to have all the advantage on his side. When he doesn't (like on Boot Hill), he retreats (we might call it cowardice; he would consider it strategic).

My point: Blind Mew's named villains, especially the Armada ones, are villains that are highly dangerous and worthy of respect. They can't simply be bopped on the head and we go laughing home. If they show up, people get hurt. They are stronger than us. Being abducted by one is essentially a death sentence; rescue is extraordinarily difficult, perhaps impossible -- our pirate got extremely lucky with the notorious (ie. lucky and successful) Boochbeard and Gandry showing up and rescuing us... notice we did not get out on our own! This is why I really don't like to mess with the Elites in a role-playing fashion; we can't do them justice. They are clever, ruthless, and deadly. Pirates with any sense shiver when they remember Deacon and his prison ship.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
OOC: yes, by referring to Kai as the 'odd kid', it is a case of the 'pot calling the kettle black', don't you think?

But on a more story-crafting note, I'm not entirely sure what just happened here? (Although I thought the water-mole biting the enemy after being called a platypus was pretty hilarious ) Are you talking about the water-mole shamaness we are looking for? The one who has been taken somewhere else than the beach we are on? And I respectfully suggest that although we may fight the Armada (such a challenging and interesting enemy!), we don't bring Elites and Kane into the mix, or if a known quantity like Deacon, extremely carefully. And I don't think Deacon would show up here. Remember, Deacon does not confront our pirate unless he has overwhelming force or a cunning trap (or both) on his side. He likes to have all the advantage on his side. When he doesn't (like on Boot Hill), he retreats (we might call it cowardice; he would consider it strategic).

My point: Blind Mew's named villains, especially the Armada ones, are villains that are highly dangerous and worthy of respect. They can't simply be bopped on the head and we go laughing home. If they show up, people get hurt. They are stronger than us. Being abducted by one is essentially a death sentence; rescue is extraordinarily difficult, perhaps impossible -- our pirate got extremely lucky with the notorious (ie. lucky and successful) Boochbeard and Gandry showing up and rescuing us... notice we did not get out on our own! This is why I really don't like to mess with the Elites in a role-playing fashion; we can't do them justice. They are clever, ruthless, and deadly. Pirates with any sense shiver when they remember Deacon and his prison ship.
OOC: That is a very good point Anne. I too agree that the Armada Elites should not be drawn into our roleplays.
And, on another note, I was really hoping to draw out Jenny's disbelief in wizards at least a little longer. I was looking forward to having Jenny give Devin the "cold shoulder" for at least a few more posts. Unfortunatly, what with Devin saving the pirates with a Frost Giant, I guess all Jenny can do now is stand with her mouth open while trying to articulate some sort of apology to Devin.

I would also like to ask that in this roleplay at least, that no matter what does happen, that we please don't actually go to wizard city in this roleplay. I have formed an outline for a roleplay that I would like to start when a few of these current roleplays end which involve a search for Wizard City.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:

OOC: Good point. So Deacon isn't here, and The water mole is, uh... i dont know,in the fortress Servus Optimus was in?
Alright so to rephrase my last post:
Kai yelled "You mean me by odd kid, fon't you?!", while dodging and blocking most of the attacks. Suddenly, a large blast shot from a musket, landing Kai on the ground. Three marines charged from the battle to attack Devin.
"Take the staff!" One ordered, pulling a gun from his back. He shot at all nearby humans, sending the fighting ones down. They are all swarmed by marines. A few times, the crowds part in a blast of some black substance, a weapon, or sparks, but overall they have been overwhelmed.
"I an I say we help." Scratch says.
"Nah." Replies Marquis, eating his banana.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
Dino begins tearing through clockworks, sending spell after spell at them, showing no mercy in any way shape or form. When the last clockwork is destroyed, he turns to the other pirates (and wizard).
"I need to get to Valencia. They have my crew! They're going to be killed!" He yells in a rage, looking among the clockwork remains for any bottled ships.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Kai Alcott on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Good point. So Deacon isn't here, and The water mole is, uh... i dont know,in the fortress Servus Optimus was in?
Alright so to rephrase my last post:
Kai yelled "You mean me by odd kid, fon't you?!", while dodging and blocking most of the attacks. Suddenly, a large blast shot from a musket, landing Kai on the ground. Three marines charged from the battle to attack Devin.
"Take the staff!" One ordered, pulling a gun from his back. He shot at all nearby humans, sending the fighting ones down. They are all swarmed by marines. A few times, the crowds part in a blast of some black substance, a weapon, or sparks, but overall they have been overwhelmed.
"I an I say we help." Scratch says.
"Nah." Replies Marquis, eating his banana.
OOC: Hmmm, a plot twist. Shoving the Armada in, are you?

Hank thought for a moment. Everyone else was fighting the Armada, while Hank was trying to stop an active volcano. But maybe, just maybe, Hank thought. I can use the volcano to my advantage. Thinking some more, Hank found a simple way of getting rid of the armada. Gazing out into the horizon, Hank saw more Armada ships docking at the island. Well, Hank thought. They must really want that staff, or they're after everyone on the island. It would be obvious to go after Hank, for all the trouble he caused the Armada in Polaris. No, Hank thought. Not me. They must be after, the wizard? But only her? I expect that she'll want to go back to her city of wizards after this. So the Armada can't be after the wizard. So......Who? Or maybe.......What? Could there be a map piece around here? NO.

Hank decided to pause the volcano, and charge into the battle against the armada marines.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
OOC: Oh dear, I have gotten so confused! Are there still Armada soldiers around after Devin called down the Ice Giant? Are they popping out of the woodwork as it were? Are we surrounded or are there just a few? The picture I had in my mind has become very muddled, and I am having trouble sorting it all out, sorry.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Oh dear, I have gotten so confused! Are there still Armada soldiers around after Devin called down the Ice Giant? Are they popping out of the woodwork as it were? Are we surrounded or are there just a few? The picture I had in my mind has become very muddled, and I am having trouble sorting it all out, sorry.
OOC: I believe Devin wiped most of the Armada soldiers out, and there were a few left? So we're just like battling the remaining soldiers I guess. I'm not even sure myself. Sorry for the confusion... especially if I caused it. (Someone help us out here? ( ゚ Д゚ ) )

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
Agreed, I'm confused as well. I know that Devin took care of a lot of clockworks (not just four, I imagine, because the armada has a weakness for magic), and yet she seems to be surrounded. Also Jack and Lizzy are helping to protect her, although she doesn't really need it. It's a little bit difficult for me to imagine her being surrounded so easily even after she wiped out so many clockworks, and it seemed like there weren't very many clockworks left in the first place anyway. And I know that my characters aren't the only ones to be fighting the clockworks...

So what should we do about this, or should we just continue, ignore it, and hope things work out for the better?

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
OOC:Sorry about the confusion, now here is what I think happened: There were only about 10 left, but reinforcements came in. So now they have everyone surrounded, but noone has been captured yet. More are coming from the skyway, according to Hank/Thunderchu. So now we are surrounded, they want Devin's staff, and they have numbers protecting their interests. So maybe if...
(This doesn't actually happen, this is just an idea!)
Old Scratch said "Now I an' I work me art." and spoke under his breath. About thirty pirates rose from the sand, quickly attacking the armada soldiers. They were quickly eliminated, but this gave an opening to the human people to break enough soldiers to turn the tides. The armada soldiers are all crushed, but more charge in from the ships.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Oct 16, 2013 wrote:
Agreed, I'm confused as well. I know that Devin took care of a lot of clockworks (not just four, I imagine, because the armada has a weakness for magic), and yet she seems to be surrounded. Also Jack and Lizzy are helping to protect her, although she doesn't really need it. It's a little bit difficult for me to imagine her being surrounded so easily even after she wiped out so many clockworks, and it seemed like there weren't very many clockworks left in the first place anyway. And I know that my characters aren't the only ones to be fighting the clockworks...

So what should we do about this, or should we just continue, ignore it, and hope things work out for the better?
Well, if we continue, we can make up a reason as to why they are still surrounded, but it might not make much more sense. If we ignore it, we might have to agree on which point to start at... I can't decide...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I'd just like to pop in and say that I'm also quite confused here. I think a bit of Anne's revisionist history should be enacted here. Sometimes this just needs to happen when a lot of new posters suddenly join and are very eager to have a part in the story.

For the meantime, I expect that Jenny is currently kneeling in a fireing position next to Emma and is courageously plugging away at the clockworks.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
(OOC: How about this for revisionist history?

* A possessed Kai attacks the group with what seems to be an overwhelming force of Undead, but the illusionary forms are swept away by Anneke's magic; Jenny shoots the one real Undead; Hank listens to a mysterious voice, and by magic teleports to their location to aid them in the fight, having left Devin's wand in the care of Madame Vadima. But the conflict comes to a swift conclusion. Before Emma and Savannah make their move, Devin removes the curse with her touch. Everyone is relieved, especially Kai's Old Scratch.

*Devin is now revealed as a wizard, which gains reactions of everything from awe to skepticism. Before the matter can be explored, however, a raft breaks on a gust of wind, and a boy is left senseless on the beach (perhaps there is a girl on a raft too; that is up to Cheery Cherry). Lizzy gets the boy to regain his senses using one of Jack's 'fragrant' boots as smelling salts. The boy's name is Dino, and reports that the Armada has captured his ship and his crew.

*Curious at the unusual activity on what should be a practically deserted island, Pearl and her brother Connor row to the shore. They discover news of a kidnapped water-mole witchdoctor, compounded with the island's volcano becoming active, temporarily slowed (by Devin's ice wyvern earlier). Hank decides to deal with the volcano while others seek out clues to find the water-mole, but before he can do so...

*Armada soldiers show up out of the scraggly woods onto the beach. All enter into a grand melee against the Armada, but Devin hangs back, building up power -- to summon a Frost Giant. When the fog of ice crystals clears they see that that all the remaining Armada soldiers have been destroyed by the Ice Magic (this platoon was not prepared for that sort of thing). Hank, on higher ground, sees at least one Armada ship docked at another part of the island. What do they want here? Probably not the staff, as it was left on the sands...

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Quick Pearl on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I believe Devin wiped most of the Armada soldiers out, and there were a few left? So we're just like battling the remaining soldiers I guess. I'm not even sure myself. Sorry for the confusion... especially if I caused it. (Someone help us out here? ( ゚ Д゚ ) )
Hey Pearl, I just noticed -- you're a 'Yarsy Turvsey' as Chrissy puts it! Congratulations!

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: How about this for revisionist history?

* A possessed Kai attacks the group with what seems to be an overwhelming force of Undead, but the illusionary forms are swept away by Anneke's magic; Jenny shoots the one real Undead; Hank listens to a mysterious voice, and by magic teleports to their location to aid them in the fight, having left Devin's wand in the care of Madame Vadima. But the conflict comes to a swift conclusion. Before Emma and Savannah make their move, Devin removes the curse with her touch. Everyone is relieved, especially Kai's Old Scratch.

*Devin is now revealed as a wizard, which gains reactions of everything from awe to skepticism. Before the matter can be explored, however, a raft breaks on a gust of wind, and a boy is left senseless on the beach (perhaps there is a girl on a raft too; that is up to Cheery Cherry). Lizzy gets the boy to regain his senses using one of Jack's 'fragrant' boots as smelling salts. The boy's name is Dino, and reports that the Armada has captured his ship and his crew.

*Curious at the unusual activity on what should be a practically deserted island, Pearl and her brother Connor row to the shore. They discover news of a kidnapped water-mole witchdoctor, compounded with the island's volcano becoming active, temporarily slowed (by Devin's ice wyvern earlier). Hank decides to deal with the volcano while others seek out clues to find the water-mole, but before he can do so...

*Armada soldiers show up out of the scraggly woods onto the beach. All enter into a grand melee against the Armada, but Devin hangs back, building up power -- to summon a Frost Giant. When the fog of ice crystals clears they see that that all the remaining Armada soldiers have been destroyed by the Ice Magic (this platoon was not prepared for that sort of thing). Hank, on higher ground, sees at least one Armada ship docked at another part of the island. What do they want here? Probably not the staff, as it was left on the sands...
That sounds like a good revision to me. It will make a lot more sense. Shall we continue from here?