Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay V!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
Jenny glanced around the little inlet with a confused expression on her face.
"Anneke, I thought you said there were flowers and a waterfall here, are you sure we're in the right place?"

Jenny was getting worried that maybe she had accidentilly damaged Anneke' ship while helping Hank get Devin's wan.

OOC: very short, and not that great I know. I just thought I should add something to get this thread back on the first page.
(OOC: Don't worry, I haven't forgotten.)

Anneke looked a little panicked at Jenny's question, helping bring the longboat ashore with the other young pirates. "Uh, I know it doesn't look right. But this has to be the right place. I've been here lots of times. I think the waterfall must be on the other side of those rocks." But even as she said the words, doubt assailed her even more strongly.

Anneke's first mate had come along with them to the landing of the shore. "Bonnie Anne, do you think this is the right place?" Anneke asked in an undertone.

The fox woman frowned. "Och, doesn't look right to me, though you might be right about it being on the other side of those rocks. If so, ye might have a wee bit of clambering to do. Maybe you should have adjusted our approach. Did ye check the sextant?"

Anneke shook her head. "No, I was so sure..." she trailed off.

Bonnie Anne smiled reassuringly. "Dinna fash yerself - Never you mind. I'll just go back and take a look myself at the measurements, if ye like. This place looks pretty deserted. Do you think ye can stay out of trouble while I take the longboat back?"

Anneke gratefully accepted Bonnie Anne's offer, and after helping her set off, began to return to the other youngsters, who were milling around, satisfying their curiosity. Although it did not have the beauty promised by Anneke, it was an interesting place, with a narrow cave opening that promised possible interesting exploration, and fascinating nooks and crannies in the rocks outside the cave. Then, almost exactly at the same time, Devin and Jenny saw something glinting bright, deep in one of the large channels of the volcanic black rock.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: Don't worry, I haven't forgotten.)

Anneke looked a little panicked at Jenny's question, helping bring the longboat ashore with the other young pirates. "Uh, I know it doesn't look right. But this has to be the right place. I've been here lots of times. I think the waterfall must be on the other side of those rocks." But even as she said the words, doubt assailed her even more strongly.

Anneke's first mate had come along with them to the landing of the shore. "Bonnie Anne, do you think this is the right place?" Anneke asked in an undertone.

The fox woman frowned. "Och, doesn't look right to me, though you might be right about it being on the other side of those rocks. If so, ye might have a wee bit of clambering to do. Maybe you should have adjusted our approach. Did ye check the sextant?"

Anneke shook her head. "No, I was so sure..." she trailed off.

Bonnie Anne smiled reassuringly. "Dinna fash yerself - Never you mind. I'll just go back and take a look myself at the measurements, if ye like. This place looks pretty deserted. Do you think ye can stay out of trouble while I take the longboat back?"

Anneke gratefully accepted Bonnie Anne's offer, and after helping her set off, began to return to the other youngsters, who were milling around, satisfying their curiosity. Although it did not have the beauty promised by Anneke, it was an interesting place, with a narrow cave opening that promised possible interesting exploration, and fascinating nooks and crannies in the rocks outside the cave. Then, almost exactly at the same time, Devin and Jenny saw something glinting bright, deep in one of the large channels of the volcanic black rock.
Although Devin was definitely interesting in the shiny thing among the dark things, she was a little bit distracted, to say the least.
"Jack!" She said, dashing over to her brother, "Liz!" She cried. Devin began to hyperventilate, and after each deep breath she muttered a word. "Wand!" -wheeze- "Gone!" -wheeze-
Lizzy and Jack looked at each other with horror in their eyes, but Lizzy didn't have enough time to scold Jack some more, because Devin's ice blue eyes had just rolled to the back of her head and she looked like she was going to fall at any given moment. Lizzy rushed around to Devin's side, catching her before she could hit the ground only to find that she hadn't caught her, rather, she had broken her fall, as she found herself staring at the starry night sky with a passed-out wizard laying on top of her.
"Jack-" Lizzy strangled out, squirming, trying to get out from under the dead weight. "Little help-" Jack picked up Devin like she was nothing, and managed a free hand to help Lizzy up at the same time. Lizzy glared at Jack. "Dare I need to remind on why you shouldn't have brought a wizard to Skull Island?"
Jack sighed. "No need." He ducked his head like a dog might duck its tail. Jack took a deep breath, seeming like he was making up his mind to do something extremely difficult that he wouldn't ordinarily do unless under maximum conditions. "You were right." As soon as he got these words out, he looked relieved, like he had just done the impossible. "I won't say it again." he said, looking at Lizzy in a playful way, knowing that she was going to pretend she hadn't heard and to repeat that again.
And then the two fully noticed where they were going. Lizzy instantly paled and shuffled to hide behind the tall wall known as Jack, peering from over his shoulder. "You see that too, right?" she asked, her eyes widening, her eyebrows climbing up her forehead.
"Yup." He replied, handling the nervous feeling in his stomach a little better than Lizzy did. "This is bad."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Although Devin was definitely interesting in the shiny thing among the dark things, she was a little bit distracted, to say the least.
"Jack!" She said, dashing over to her brother, "Liz!" She cried. Devin began to hyperventilate, and after each deep breath she muttered a word. "Wand!" -wheeze- "Gone!" -wheeze-
Lizzy and Jack looked at each other with horror in their eyes, but Lizzy didn't have enough time to scold Jack some more, because Devin's ice blue eyes had just rolled to the back of her head and she looked like she was going to fall at any given moment. Lizzy rushed around to Devin's side, catching her before she could hit the ground only to find that she hadn't caught her, rather, she had broken her fall, as she found herself staring at the starry night sky with a passed-out wizard laying on top of her.
"Jack-" Lizzy strangled out, squirming, trying to get out from under the dead weight. "Little help-" Jack picked up Devin like she was nothing, and managed a free hand to help Lizzy up at the same time. Lizzy glared at Jack. "Dare I need to remind on why you shouldn't have brought a wizard to Skull Island?"
Jack sighed. "No need." He ducked his head like a dog might duck its tail. Jack took a deep breath, seeming like he was making up his mind to do something extremely difficult that he wouldn't ordinarily do unless under maximum conditions. "You were right." As soon as he got these words out, he looked relieved, like he had just done the impossible. "I won't say it again." he said, looking at Lizzy in a playful way, knowing that she was going to pretend she hadn't heard and to repeat that again.
And then the two fully noticed where they were going. Lizzy instantly paled and shuffled to hide behind the tall wall known as Jack, peering from over his shoulder. "You see that too, right?" she asked, her eyes widening, her eyebrows climbing up her forehead.
"Yup." He replied, handling the nervous feeling in his stomach a little better than Lizzy did. "This is bad."
OOC: Oh? Now I am very curious. Extremely curious. I am going to wait to write any of my ideas until you have given yours. (me: full of pleased anticipation...)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Oh? Now I am very curious. Extremely curious. I am going to wait to write any of my ideas until you have given yours. (me: full of pleased anticipation...)
I'm wondering what Jenny or Hank are going to do now, I haven't seen Hank in this roleplay for a little bit, and to be honest I don't know what your referring to when you say a shiny object in the rocks, I was just mentioning it while waiting to see what you originally planned for it to be. Maybe it's a Yum bottle with a note in it, glistening in the moonlight?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
I'm wondering what Jenny or Hank are going to do now, I haven't seen Hank in this roleplay for a little bit, and to be honest I don't know what your referring to when you say a shiny object in the rocks, I was just mentioning it while waiting to see what you originally planned for it to be. Maybe it's a Yum bottle with a note in it, glistening in the moonlight?
OOC: Oh, it could be. It could also be a crystal ornament, or a treasure chest full of gold... or the foot of a lurking Armada soldier (Mhuahahaha). It depends on what you write. If you (or another player) decide your character is going to investigate, you can say that Devin goes to take a look. You can then decide what happens next. Do you say 'Devin goes and takes a look' and then leave the rest up to me? I have something in mind, naturally. You could also decide to make something up yourself: 'Devin goes to take a look, and finds a curious brass bottle with a wax-sealed stopper'... and then we just run with that.

Of course, right now poor Devin has fainted, so she probably isn't up for exploring a rock crevice... but Lizzy might. Or Jenny, or someone else could notice something odd. Based on the previous bits, I would hazard a guess that until Hank 'comes back' he is investigating the wand, perhaps wandered off a bit on his own. So Devin is wand-less. A challenge, but an interesting one. As a contributing writer, I won't forget that, and I won't leave Devin utterly helpless either, if things continue this way.

And certainly you've added your own suspenseful bit -- a place that Lizzy and Jack recognize as someplace bad. Whatever apprehensions they have should definitely be added to the plot...

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Oh, it could be. It could also be a crystal ornament, or a treasure chest full of gold... or the foot of a lurking Armada soldier (Mhuahahaha). It depends on what you write. If you (or another player) decide your character is going to investigate, you can say that Devin goes to take a look. You can then decide what happens next. Do you say 'Devin goes and takes a look' and then leave the rest up to me? I have something in mind, naturally. You could also decide to make something up yourself: 'Devin goes to take a look, and finds a curious brass bottle with a wax-sealed stopper'... and then we just run with that.

Of course, right now poor Devin has fainted, so she probably isn't up for exploring a rock crevice... but Lizzy might. Or Jenny, or someone else could notice something odd. Based on the previous bits, I would hazard a guess that until Hank 'comes back' he is investigating the wand, perhaps wandered off a bit on his own. So Devin is wand-less. A challenge, but an interesting one. As a contributing writer, I won't forget that, and I won't leave Devin utterly helpless either, if things continue this way.

And certainly you've added your own suspenseful bit -- a place that Lizzy and Jack recognize as someplace bad. Whatever apprehensions they have should definitely be added to the plot...
OOC: I'll leave it up to you on what the shiny thing is, but I believe that Lizzy and Jack will go exploring, but not having noticed the shining thing. Oh, the anticipation is killing me! I can't wait to see what this treasure-bottle/armada-foot/treasure-chest/crystal-ornament thing really is!
~
Jack gently set his sister down on a spare bench, then stood to his full height, looking at Lizzy. "I'm going to go and see if there are any food or resources here, maybe we could find a way to fix the ship so that we can go back to Skull Island."

"If we even know where Skull Island is, at this point." Lizzy reminded him. "If you're going, I'm going too. Two heads are always better than one.

Jack was reluctant, knowing that there might be unknown dangers on the island and he didn't want Lizzy to be anywhere near them, but he agreed all the same, knowing that she had knowledge that he didn't. "Fine," he said, "but you never leave my sight, got it?"

Lizzy blushed, but nodded. "Got it." The two trudged down the deck to where the main group was. "We''ll be back soon." was all she explained to them on the matter, and then she and Jack leaped off of the boat and onto the black island, guided only by the light of the full moon.

Together they trudged up the small mountainside, but stopped once they came across a cave. Jack looked to Lizzy. "I don't think we should, it's not very likely that there's going to be any resources there." That one statement was certainly enough to persuade them to avoid the deep, foreboding cavern and to further head up the mountain.

But then Lizzy stopped dead in her tracks, eyes wide from shock as she stared at the top of the mountain. "Jack..." she whispered nervously, as if afraid that a beast from the cave would hear her. "The ground is obsidian."

Of course, he didn't know very much about rocks and didn't see the importance of the fact. "And..?"

"And obsidian is made from lava." At this, Lizzy's wide eyes looked at Jack briefly, then at the top of the mountain. "Doesn't it feel oddly hot to you?"

Jack grew a little nervous too. "Yes... and it's Autumn. It shouldn't be so hot." The pair of pirates dashed up the the rest of the mountain to find that it wasn't a mountain at all. Rather, the very top was a very large hole, and upon peering inside, the bottom glowed with a red fire.

"Lava." Lizzy breathed, already beginning to sweat from the heat as the watched the lava rise a few more inches. "It's a volcano," she began, immediately taking charge, "and I suspect we have a few hours before it blows. We need to figure out what's wrong with the ship, fix it, and get out of here before the volcano blows. We've got to warn the others!"

And, together, they dashed back down the mountain in almost no time flat.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:

OOC: Um am I supposed to take this a bit of a hint here?

Jenny had also noticed the glint of possible gold in the cave. Jenny's mind instantly went into action trying to figure out what the object was, if it was really gold, how much she could sell it for, and how far she would have to tavel in order to sell it.

With a mesmorised looked on her face that she always had around large pile of treasure, (possibly drooling a bit) Jenny began to walk towards the cave opening to get a better look at the glinting object.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Um am I supposed to take this a bit of a hint here?

Jenny had also noticed the glint of possible gold in the cave. Jenny's mind instantly went into action trying to figure out what the object was, if it was really gold, how much she could sell it for, and how far she would have to tavel in order to sell it.

With a mesmorised looked on her face that she always had around large pile of treasure, (possibly drooling a bit) Jenny began to walk towards the cave opening to get a better look at the glinting object.
Jenny found herself not in a cave opening, but within a hollow passage. The shadow of the rock was offset by the bright sunlight behind her and the sunlight beyond the passage. It was a rather narrow passage, making a couple awkward squeezes, but nothing too arduous, and Jenny felt greatly encouraged by the effort as she became increasingly sure that the glint beyond was that of sunlight striking gold.

A few moments later, she emerged from the passage, blinking in the sudden envelopment of full sunlight. But it took only a few breaths for her eyes to adjust. And there it was -- GOLD! Jenny hastened to the bright object and picked it up.

What she held was the twisted fragment of a larger gold object, though Jenny could not guess what it had been. Perhaps some sort of inscription? At best guess, the twisted piece had been flat originally, and still bore traces of regular patterns, possibly some sort of writing, or perhaps a geometric design. But those markings were partly melted, as if this was a piece of something that had been blasted apart.

That perked up Jenny even more. What she had was very valuable: although any art value it once perhaps had was gone, it was a good hunk of precious metal. But if she could find the other pieces?! Jenny began to hunt around for them. As she did so, she noticed several things lying on the sand: A once towering ancient Aztecan statue, its stern but majestic figure expertly carved from basalt, now toppled and shattered into large fragments. A staff, decorated with looping designs carved into the wood, topped with a rough turquoise stone secured with a rawhide cage encircled by brightly colored feathers. A necklace, of sorts, formed of oddments of feathers, shells, small bones, and whatnot tied onto a rawhide base...

And, an Armada rifle, badly damaged.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Lizzy and Jack rushed down the incline, leaped onto The Laughing Mermaid, and crashed into Hank and Anneke.

Elizabeth spoke first. Er, well, tried to. "Island!" -wheeze- "Danger!" -wheeze- "Volcano!"

Jack, who was used to this kind of exercise as he generally liked to live in Flotsam, translated for her. "The island is a volcano, Liz thinks we only have a few hours' time before it explodes. We need to fix the ship now if we're going to live."

Upon finally catching her breath, Lizzy gazed around her, noticing that Devin was still lying unconscious and Jenny was nowhere to be seen. "Where's Jenny?" She asked, wide-eyed.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
Jenny found herself not in a cave opening, but within a hollow passage. The shadow of the rock was offset by the bright sunlight behind her and the sunlight beyond the passage. It was a rather narrow passage, making a couple awkward squeezes, but nothing too arduous, and Jenny felt greatly encouraged by the effort as she became increasingly sure that the glint beyond was that of sunlight striking gold.

A few moments later, she emerged from the passage, blinking in the sudden envelopment of full sunlight. But it took only a few breaths for her eyes to adjust. And there it was -- GOLD! Jenny hastened to the bright object and picked it up.

What she held was the twisted fragment of a larger gold object, though Jenny could not guess what it had been. Perhaps some sort of inscription? At best guess, the twisted piece had been flat originally, and still bore traces of regular patterns, possibly some sort of writing, or perhaps a geometric design. But those markings were partly melted, as if this was a piece of something that had been blasted apart.

That perked up Jenny even more. What she had was very valuable: although any art value it once perhaps had was gone, it was a good hunk of precious metal. But if she could find the other pieces?! Jenny began to hunt around for them. As she did so, she noticed several things lying on the sand: A once towering ancient Aztecan statue, its stern but majestic figure expertly carved from basalt, now toppled and shattered into large fragments. A staff, decorated with looping designs carved into the wood, topped with a rough turquoise stone secured with a rawhide cage encircled by brightly colored feathers. A necklace, of sorts, formed of oddments of feathers, shells, small bones, and whatnot tied onto a rawhide base...

And, an Armada rifle, badly damaged.
Jenny placed the hunk of gold under a rotton tree stump so that other's would not be able to see it. She wasn't overly sure if she wanted to share any profit she might get from selling it just yet. Jenny also knew that the other pirates would want to know about the armada rifle. This place was not exactly safe if there were armada troopers wandering around.

Jenny picked up the damaged rifle, and decided to grab the strange staff as well.

Perhaps Devin could use this since she appears to be a witchdoctor. Jenny thought as she turned and made her way back through the passage to where Anneke and Devin were waiting.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
(OOC: slight modification -- Anneke is on the beach, on land with everyone else, as it was Bonnie Anne who took the long boat back to the ship to check navigation readings. So right now everyone is grounded, no ship available, unless you send a distress signal to the Laughing Mermaid. But we may need to do something else first...)

Once again, Anneke found herself tending an unconscious Devin. Poor little Snegurochka, Snow Girl, Anneke thought compassionately. She is not in her element here... or was it something else? Anneke frowned. The little stick that Devin kept by her side was missing. Come to think of it, the last time Devin had fainted, she didn't have that stick either. Anneke puzzled over what it meant. Surely it was too small to be a staff, that channel and storage of mystic power. And Anneke never fainted if she was parted from her staff, so was it perhaps coincidence?

Her attention was parted abruptly from her musings as Jack and Lizzy pelted onto the beach, warning urgently about a volcano. As this unwelcome information filtered into her brain, Anneke was again distracted by Jenny appearing out of a basalt cavity bearing a staff and a broken weapon.

Anneke's eyes widened and she turned porcelain white as the blood rushed away from her cheeks. She knew that kind of weapon. It was a weapon that belonged to the "Eyeless Ones". And that staff -- surely that was a staff of a Watermole witchdoctor!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
OOC: Hey, guys? Where did Hank, Emma, and Savannah go? Last I saw them in this roleplay was more than a month ago. I'm beginning to wonder (actually I've been wondering for a while) what Hank is doing now that he has Devin's wand.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Hey, guys? Where did Hank, Emma, and Savannah go? Last I saw them in this roleplay was more than a month ago. I'm beginning to wonder (actually I've been wondering for a while) what Hank is doing now that he has Devin's wand.
*Eep* Looking around... it could be like Agatha Christie's 'Ten Little Indians' where all of us are disposed of one by one!......

No, just kidding. Emma and Hank probably just forgot about the thread. Perhaps now they remember.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
*Eep* Looking around... it could be like Agatha Christie's 'Ten Little Indians' where all of us are disposed of one by one!......

No, just kidding. Emma and Hank probably just forgot about the thread. Perhaps now they remember.
OOC: I have not forgotten this, actually. I've been following it to try and see if I could get back in, but because I missed some of the posts, I'm having one heck of a time trying to.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 21, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I have not forgotten this, actually. I've been following it to try and see if I could get back in, but because I missed some of the posts, I'm having one heck of a time trying to.
OOC: Ah, let me make a quick recap of recent events. With the steering of the ship slightly out of whack, Anneke brought everyone to an island which was not her favorite little cove, but something different. We are all on the beach, just pirate kids as Bonnie Anne went back to the ship to check the navigation readings. Devin found out her wand was gone, and fainted. Lizzy and Jack wandered off a moment to chat, and found that the island is an active volcano, and have now returned to warn the others on the beach.

Jenny wandered off and found gold, which she hid. She also found evidence of a struggle between the Armada and a Watermole witchdoctor. No bodies, however... at least at first glance. Might be worth another look. Certainly by the fact that Jenny has come back to the beach with the Watermole's staff, it seems likely the witchdoctor was on the losing end of the conflict.

So everyone is on the beach, except perhaps for Hank? He might have wandered off to study the wand (or perhaps he is still on the ship, which is anchored within sight of the beach, but you need a boat to get to it)

Captain
May 16, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 21, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Same, here. I'm not sure how I should get Hank back in right now, but I'll figure out something. For now, you could say someone found the wand buried in the sands of Rapa Nui, orrrr, something.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
OOC: for now Hank, it can be assumed that you wandered off to explore the wand. That way, when you feel like jumping in, you can, as I expect we should be staying on the island for a bit.

~

Devin stirred, regaining consciousness. Anneke helped her to sit upright, while Jenny came towards them. "Here, I thought maybe Devin could use this," the young girl commented lightly.

A little color came back into Anneke's pale cheeks. "That is a good idea, Jenny." She took the staff and examined it. It was a good staff, not one of great power, but belonging to one who had competent, controlled powers. Anneke shut her eyes and ran her hand gently up and down the carved wood. Someone sturdy... practical... liking to do things by herself - yes, a female-... dedicated... loyal

Then a flash of images: At meditations/Eyeless hollow men!/angry/frightened/defending/great lighting blast from magic sticks destroying the sacred idol/defending/seized/very frightened/amulets torn away/very frightened...

Anneke gasped, involuntarily throwing the staff from her. Getting control of herself, she gingerly picked it up, and shutting her eyes once again, held it ceremonially between two open palms.

One has need of you. We wish to help your witchdoctor. We will seek her. Will you give our friend your power until then?

For a long moment, nothing. Then: Yes

Anneke opened her eyes. She formally handed the staff to Devin. "This will grant you power for now, Snow girl. And we need to find the one who was kidnapped before the volcano erupts, and before she is harmed by her abductors."

Devin automatically grasped the staff -- and felt a strange, alien power align itself with her.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 23, 2013 wrote:
OOC: for now Hank, it can be assumed that you wandered off to explore the wand. That way, when you feel like jumping in, you can, as I expect we should be staying on the island for a bit.

~

Devin stirred, regaining consciousness. Anneke helped her to sit upright, while Jenny came towards them. "Here, I thought maybe Devin could use this," the young girl commented lightly.

A little color came back into Anneke's pale cheeks. "That is a good idea, Jenny." She took the staff and examined it. It was a good staff, not one of great power, but belonging to one who had competent, controlled powers. Anneke shut her eyes and ran her hand gently up and down the carved wood. Someone sturdy... practical... liking to do things by herself - yes, a female-... dedicated... loyal

Then a flash of images: At meditations/Eyeless hollow men!/angry/frightened/defending/great lighting blast from magic sticks destroying the sacred idol/defending/seized/very frightened/amulets torn away/very frightened...

Anneke gasped, involuntarily throwing the staff from her. Getting control of herself, she gingerly picked it up, and shutting her eyes once again, held it ceremonially between two open palms.

One has need of you. We wish to help your witchdoctor. We will seek her. Will you give our friend your power until then?

For a long moment, nothing. Then: Yes

Anneke opened her eyes. She formally handed the staff to Devin. "This will grant you power for now, Snow girl. And we need to find the one who was kidnapped before the volcano erupts, and before she is harmed by her abductors."

Devin automatically grasped the staff -- and felt a strange, alien power align itself with her.
OOC: Ooh... I got the chills!
~
As soon as Devin was holding the staff, she got a tingling sensation. It felt like barely controlled electricity, which shot up her arms and pulsed through the rest of her body. Every time the pulse reached her brain, she could have sworn she heard voices.

But, Devin didn't set down the staff. It seemed to fit so perfectly with her. True, the voices were a little bit unnerving, but it didn't deter her. Most wizards where she comes from would upgrade their weapon every half rank or less, never really getting attached to any of them. Devin was different, as the first wand she ever got as a wizard never left her side. It was special to her, but she never felt any true connection, like Wand and Wizard were the same form. This staff, however, changed this. The other more powerful wizards would tease her about still using her novice wand, and thus challenge her to practice fight them. Every time she did so, however, they were surprised to find that she was plenty powerful, even with the underpowered wand. It seemed even the Prometheans feared her what she could do with the puny wand.

Imagine what she could do with a full-fledged staff!

She stood up, holding the staff outright. With just a flick of her hand, she and the staff were dancing like a baton twirler in a parade. It was that simple; just by grasping the watermole staff, she had felt a connection!

Devin caught the staff mid-air and pointed it at the volcano. With a small murmuring, she summoned a wyvern. It peered into the volcano with determination, and blew frost onto it with all of its might. Steam launched itself into the air, as the wyvern disappeared, and the group heard several sizzles and pops.

"Devin..." Lizzy spoke, wide-eyed. "You've just stopped an active volcano."

"For now." She replied calmly. "I suspect it will give us a few more hours, half a day at the most. We need to make the most of it."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Ah, let me make a quick recap of recent events. With the steering of the ship slightly out of whack, Anneke brought everyone to an island which was not her favorite little cove, but something different. We are all on the beach, just pirate kids as Bonnie Anne went back to the ship to check the navigation readings. Devin found out her wand was gone, and fainted. Lizzy and Jack wandered off a moment to chat, and found that the island is an active volcano, and have now returned to warn the others on the beach.

Jenny wandered off and found gold, which she hid. She also found evidence of a struggle between the Armada and a Watermole witchdoctor. No bodies, however... at least at first glance. Might be worth another look. Certainly by the fact that Jenny has come back to the beach with the Watermole's staff, it seems likely the witchdoctor was on the losing end of the conflict.

So everyone is on the beach, except perhaps for Hank? He might have wandered off to study the wand (or perhaps he is still on the ship, which is anchored within sight of the beach, but you need a boat to get to it)
OOC: Works for me!

Emma and Savannah had been quite silent the entire time. Emma was deep in thought about something, while Savannah was peering after Jenny, curious of what she might have found. Was it shiny?! But acknowledging shiny things aren't always good, Savannah stayed where she stood on the sandy bank.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Anneke just stared, eyes round with wonder, as she watched the summoned ice wyvern. So beautiful... yet so dangerous, she mused inwardly. Anneke knew she would never be able to control such a powerful creature, a creature who seemed to have no qualms in doing exactly what Devin wanted it to do.

As the wyvern vanished, Anneke returned her attention to Devin. I knew she was special, the young witchdoctor thought smugly, and smiled. But her smile faded as the echoes of the frightened Water Mole witchdoctor came back into her mind.

She rose to her feet. "Come on, we need to find the witchdoctor the Eyeless Ones kidnapped!" So saying, Anneke grabbed her own staff and darted towards the hollow rock where Jenny had recently emerged.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 24, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Ooh... I got the chills!
~
As soon as Devin was holding the staff, she got a tingling sensation. It felt like barely controlled electricity, which shot up her arms and pulsed through the rest of her body. Every time the pulse reached her brain, she could have sworn she heard voices.

But, Devin didn't set down the staff. It seemed to fit so perfectly with her. True, the voices were a little bit unnerving, but it didn't deter her. Most wizards where she comes from would upgrade their weapon every half rank or less, never really getting attached to any of them. Devin was different, as the first wand she ever got as a wizard never left her side. It was special to her, but she never felt any true connection, like Wand and Wizard were the same form. This staff, however, changed this. The other more powerful wizards would tease her about still using her novice wand, and thus challenge her to practice fight them. Every time she did so, however, they were surprised to find that she was plenty powerful, even with the underpowered wand. It seemed even the Prometheans feared her what she could do with the puny wand.

Imagine what she could do with a full-fledged staff!

She stood up, holding the staff outright. With just a flick of her hand, she and the staff were dancing like a baton twirler in a parade. It was that simple; just by grasping the watermole staff, she had felt a connection!

Devin caught the staff mid-air and pointed it at the volcano. With a small murmuring, she summoned a wyvern. It peered into the volcano with determination, and blew frost onto it with all of its might. Steam launched itself into the air, as the wyvern disappeared, and the group heard several sizzles and pops.

"Devin..." Lizzy spoke, wide-eyed. "You've just stopped an active volcano."

"For now." She replied calmly. "I suspect it will give us a few more hours, half a day at the most. We need to make the most of it."
Jenny stared wide-eyed and mouth agape at the top of the volcano, "Ooh, wow Devin that looked like one of the Ice Wyverns from Polaris! Is that your pet or something? How did you call it?"

Jenny had seen ice wyverns before, she actually had loved watching them gambol about on the ice floes in Polaris. But she had never heard of a witchdoctor summoning an ice wyvern before. Really, she had never heard of a witchdoctor summoning anything that still lived. In her mind, Devin had somehow called the Ice Wyvern from some place nearby.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
CdeWinter on Sep 25, 2013 wrote:
Jenny stared wide-eyed and mouth agape at the top of the volcano, "Ooh, wow Devin that looked like one of the Ice Wyverns from Polaris! Is that your pet or something? How did you call it?"

Jenny had seen ice wyverns before, she actually had loved watching them gambol about on the ice floes in Polaris. But she had never heard of a witchdoctor summoning an ice wyvern before. Really, she had never heard of a witchdoctor summoning anything that still lived. In her mind, Devin had somehow called the Ice Wyvern from some place nearby.
Devin chuckled. "No, he is not my pet. Rather summoning such a magnificent creature requires a mutual agreement and understanding, and wyverns are such powerful creatures that they are especially hard to summon. He's a friend of mine, so there's no trouble there." Devin was just about to explain how she summoned the wyvern when she caught sight of Jack shaking his head wildly in her direction while flailing his arms and mouthing 'WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING?!?'. She closed her mouth before she could reveal any more information about herself, and her sureness and pride was instantly taken away from her, leaving her as a shy girl who didn't like to be around other people once again. Instead then addressing Jenny's question, Devin completely ignored it.

"Come on, we need to find the witchdoctor the Eyeless Ones kidnapped!" Anneke spoke with great urgency, then dashed down the beach. Devin, Jack, and Lizzy followed in short wake.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I'mma jump in here with Savvy and Emma. :D

~

A certain Swashbuckler overheard someone say 'Welcome to Skull Island.' She glanced up, her emerald colored eyes glistening in the moonlight.. She brushed her bronze tresses behind her back and out of her face to watch a duo of pirates walking by. A boy and a girl, both looking the same with black hair and icicle eyes, the female dressed similarly to how a friend of hers, Sarah Steele, dressed as a Corsair. The boy was dressed like any casual pirate. She leaped up to the roof of the Kraken Skulls tavern as they passed, and watched them in silence. She wasn't going to use black fog and risk anyone noticing her.

Savannah Underwood tipped her hat (think Sarah Steele's first promotion hat) to somewhat shade her eyes from view so she wouldn't be directly recognizable. She adjusted her jacket (resembling Lucy Sterling's final promotion armor) and drew her swords. She had moved on from the lead pipes not long ago. She now wielded dual, Valencian rapiers with thin blades. The brunette watched as they passed by.

A voice sounded behind her. "Hey y'all."

Savannah, who hadn't expected it, jumped in surprise before swiftly turning around. Behind her was a blonde Musketeer with short hair, cerulean eyes, and a smirk. She was dressed like a Valencian fencer, wearing a hat with a white feather, hued with teal, that was colored violet. (Think Ridolfo's final promotion hat.) A cape was draped over one of her shoulders, and attached to the other side by a thin wire latched onto double gold medallions, and she wore simple teal pants, lightly armored, high heeled boots, and a shirt with two belts with small daggers attached to them was strapped over her other shoulder. A bayonet was slung over her shoulder. In her hands were dual rapiers similar to Savannah's.

"What are you doing here, Emma?" Savannah hissed lowly.

"Well, letsa see here... I got bored of just sittin' around in my house and wanted to go for a walk. I should ask ya the same thing." Emma Everhart chuckled. "Who are ya spyin' on?" The blonde teased.

The pair bickered on, loud enough to catch Devin and Jack's attention.
oh but black fog is ta make you not be seen lol

Captain
May 16, 2011
Aha! Alright, I'm a try get back in here now. Let's a say Hank wandered off to his bunkhouse.

When Hank had finished studying the strange stick in his bunkhouse, he set the wand down carefully. He thought for a moment, but then he heard voices.

Devin. She's realized how well she could wield a staff. What will you do now?

Hank blinked in surprise. He then glanced wildly all around the room. No one was there.

Hank went to straight to Madame Vadima. Knowing that Devin could use a staff, he asked of her, "Hang on to this wand for me. If a girl named Devin might come for some training, give it to her." Handing the wand to Vadima for safekeeping, he set out again.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
As the group of pirates and wizard runs off, a boy around their age walks out of his small hut, rubbing his eyes. He pulls a telescope from his pocket, watching the group.
Wait, is that a Wizard?
"Marquis!" Kai Alcott yells, following them down the beach. "Come on!"
"Yes captain!" Marquis Perez says, jumping after him.
OOC: Marquis is my monquisitor from a sidequest
Kai pulls out his bone daggers, as Marquis draws his staff.
A knife of human bone sails out of the treetops towards the wizard, going through her sleeve and pinning her to the sand.