Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay V!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
CdeWinter on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
"Favourite place in Skull Island? I don't think I have one, it's far too hot and humid here. Although, Corsair's Cove is quite nice." Jenny replied, "But why are we all sitting around in this tavern? Now, I understand from my sister Scarlet that Emma likes to sit around in taverns and drink tea, but if Devin wants to be a pirate, shouldn't we go do something piratey?" Jenny asked the group seated around the table.
Emma's face flushed red when Jenny mentioned her. To be honest, the remark made her sound a little bit lazy and boring. The Musketeer didn't bother speaking, but truth be told, she took it a little hardly.

"I need to get a life..." She murmured to herself. "What kinda pirate sits around in taverns all day?" Emma turned away from the others, laid back on the wall and kicked up her feet on the counter and grabbed another bottle of Yum, pretending not to notice. She took on a sudden interest in the floor.

Savannah, however, was smiling. "I like this kid." She stated.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
Anneke glanced shyly at Devin, twisting bits of her pale blonde hair into twined strands in a nervous manner. "If you want to do something, um, piratey, would you like to join me on my ship for a little sail around the Island? It's not a very big ship," she added apologetically. "But I like it." She looked hopefully at the 'snow girl', wishing she had enough nerve to ask about what sort of hoodoo Devin possessed.
"Yes!" Devin yelled, a little too excitedly. "I would like that! Gives me a chance to explore the island." Devin chuckled. "Fine by me if you have a small ship, I can relate." If dragons count...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
Anneke glanced shyly at Devin, twisting bits of her pale blonde hair into twined strands in a nervous manner. "If you want to do something, um, piratey, would you like to join me on my ship for a little sail around the Island? It's not a very big ship," she added apologetically. "But I like it." She looked hopefully at the 'snow girl', wishing she had enough nerve to ask about what sort of hoodoo Devin possessed.
"A sailing trip around the island, I guess that would be a nice start." Jenny said a bit disapointedly. She had really been hoping for something a bit more exciting. "I suppose we can't really do much else, Devin doesn't even have any weapons. We could get some for her." Jenny's face broke into an inquistorial smirk as she turned away from Anneke to Devin, "What kind of pirate are you exactly? Maybe a musketeer? I could loan you one of my pistols."

Captain
May 16, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
Emma's face flushed red when Jenny mentioned her. To be honest, the remark made her sound a little bit lazy and boring. The Musketeer didn't bother speaking, but truth be told, she took it a little hardly.

"I need to get a life..." She murmured to herself. "What kinda pirate sits around in taverns all day?" Emma turned away from the others, laid back on the wall and kicked up her feet on the counter and grabbed another bottle of Yum, pretending not to notice. She took on a sudden interest in the floor.

Savannah, however, was smiling. "I like this kid." She stated.
Hank gazed in from a tavern window. I will get that wand, and my last method is by force, he thought. He narrowed his eyes when his gaze rested on Devin. Hank then swung open the door and..........

OOC: What happens next? Someone decide! Yeah, someone decide, because i really don't know how to continue.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Thunder Hawk on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
Hank gazed in from a tavern window. I will get that wand, and my last method is by force, he thought. He narrowed his eyes when his gaze rested on Devin. Hank then swung open the door and..........

OOC: What happens next? Someone decide! Yeah, someone decide, because i really don't know how to continue.
OOC: Ok, I was thinking of Hank starting something while the girls are sailing around Skull Island that would give Jenny a chance to get the wand back. But since Hank is now in the tavern as well, why doesn't he join the group, and then maybe Hank and Jenny can cause something exciting to happen during the sailing trip which would give them a chance to get the wand.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
(OOC: A sail around the Island... in Cutthroat-infested skies and who knows what else dangers... I dunno, could be more exciting than Jenny might think . Hank, you might well know Anneke (she is a fellow witchdoctor, though less experienced) and wangle a place aboard her ship that way. Or you could sneak on the ship, or whatever you like. I'd have Anneke wave to you as you went out the door, but I don't know if you know each other yet )

"Great!" Anneke replied happily, pleased by Devin's enthusiasm. She looked at Jenny, Emma, and Savvy (and anyone else who wants to be there). "Would you like to come too? I know a little cove off the north side with lots of flowers, and a clear, beautiful pool right off the beach."

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Thunder Hawk on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:

Jenny looked up from the table and saw Hank walk into the tavern and sit down at a distant table where he could keep an eye on Devin.
"Juste un moment, and old friend of mine just walked in." Jenny said as she got up from the table and walked over to Hank.

"Salut ca va? (how are you)" Jenny said as she sat down in front of Hank, her back turned towards Devin and the other girls. "I have convinced them to go for a sailing trip around Skull Island, if you could cause a slight "disturbance" during the trip I should be able to get that baton back from Devin for you." Jenny was talking quietly enough so that only Hank could hear her. "I don't mean an attack, maybe a strong wind or a near collision, something that would rock Anneke's small boat. Just be sure you're there to pick me up after."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: A sail around the Island... in Cutthroat-infested skies and who knows what else dangers... I dunno, could be more exciting than Jenny might think . Hank, you might well know Anneke (she is a fellow witchdoctor, though less experienced) and wangle a place aboard her ship that way. Or you could sneak on the ship, or whatever you like. I'd have Anneke wave to you as you went out the door, but I don't know if you know each other yet )

"Great!" Anneke replied happily, pleased by Devin's enthusiasm. She looked at Jenny, Emma, and Savvy (and anyone else who wants to be there). "Would you like to come too? I know a little cove off the north side with lots of flowers, and a clear, beautiful pool right off the beach."
"Sounds good to me!" Emma perked up. She loved adventuring.

Savannah gained a sly smile. "I'd love to come. Maybe there will be some pretty jewels waiting for me..."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Meanwhile, down in the tavern cellar...

"Are you insane?"
"Do I look insane?"
"Yes!"
"Well I'm not!"
"Seems like it to me!"
Jack stepped closer to Lizzy, invading her space and towering over her, making her feel rather small. "I wanted my beloved sister to experience the same life as me, so forgive me for bringing her here."
"How could I? How could you?!? She's a wizard -- she'll die if a troggy even looked at her! You've jeopardized your sister's life just so that she could experience yours for a small while. Devin is much more used to magic, and I can already tell that people are on to her about it." Lizzy took in a deep breath, closing her eyes and looking away from Jack. She stepped backwards, her shoulders easing back downward into their normal position. "This was your decision. Although it wasn't a good one, I can't change it. I will personally protect your sister the best I can."
Jack obviously looked relieved. "Thank you." He spoke quietly. Jack rubbed the back of his neck, looking down, feeling embarrassed for bringing Devin into danger, realizing that Lizzy was right. He looked at her, then dropped his gaze again. He felt awful for becoming angry at Lizzy. "Sorry." he said even more quietly.
Lizzy released her breath sharply, then looked up at Jack again. "It's fine..." she looked like she wanted to say more, but didn't.
"Listen, I-"
"There's something-"
Both Jack and Lizzy were cut off when they heard an excited chatter from above, both of them heard mention of riding a ship around Skull Island, and chairs scraping against the floor, signalling people getting up. The two teens gave each other fleeting looks of horror, then crashed up the stairs, looking wildly at the backs of the group walking out the door.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Happy and full of bubbling high spirits, Anneke called to the girls [and maybe Hank] with her: "Come on! I'll race you to the docks!"

Laughing, she sprinted down to the beach, a few flowers detaching from her costume, leaving a floral trail behind her.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Emma sprinted after Anneke, holding onto her hat as she followed. "I'm gonna beat you, Savvy!" She called out to her Swashbuckling friend. The Musketeer was surprisingly swift on her feet.

Savannah got to her feet and followed as well. Both seemed to partake in their own personal race.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
Happy and full of bubbling high spirits, Anneke called to the girls [and maybe Hank] with her: "Come on! I'll race you to the docks!"

Laughing, she sprinted down to the beach, a few flowers detaching from her costume, leaving a floral trail behind her.
Hank, smiled, then sighed. He took a quick glance at the back of his clothing. There lay his signature; a ying and yang symbol with a golden dragon around it.
~
OOC: Please take special note that Liam in Roleplay III: redone has the same signature.
~
Then he took off running to the beach.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Lizzy looked at Jack questioningly. "Do you know that guy?"
"No." Jack replied nervously.
Lizzy's shoulders slumped, but she formulated a quick plan and ran out the door to Devin as fast as she could. "D?!?" She asked in a shrill teenage voice. "Is it really you?"
Devin furrowed her eyebrows, then raised them, looking utterly taken aback. "Hey!" She said, having caught sight of her brother nodding to her encouragingly.
"Oh my gosh, it's been so long!" Lizzy squeezed the wizard and then released her. "How has my bestie been all these years, huh?"
"Uh..."
"Terrific! Hey, watcha doin' now?
"Uh..."
"Cool! Can I come?" Lizzy internally winced at using improper grammar, for it's 'may i' instead of 'can i' for 'may i' is asking for permission while 'can i' is wondering aloud if it is physically possible. Still, most people used improper grammar and that was what's most credible, so she used improper grammar as well. Lizzy released Devin of her gaze and instead looked at Hank, who looked at the verge of saying 'drat!'... or something less kid-friendly. She tipped her tricorn to him, then marched with the group to the docks, followed by two boys. One who was intend on stealing something and the other a brother who was just wondering what the heck was going on.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
As they approached the docks, Anneke slowed down enough for Devin to catch up, and rather breathlessly began to relate what the 'snow girl' could expect. "Mine is the ship with the butterfly on the sails, see? And I can see Bonnie Anne waving to me!" Anneke paused in her speech long enough to stand on her toes and wave back enthusiastically. "You will love Bonnie Anne, she is so kind and wise. And so is Kan Po, and Mormo, and Ratbeard, and Milo, and Old Scratch -- oh, I need to tell you, Old Scratch is a skeleton. He's undead. But he's really nice, don't worry. Although he did try to kill me when I first met him. Though, so did Ratbeard," she explained breezily, her words tumbling over each other in her eagerness.

They now were coming aboard ship. "The crew's all here and ready to sail if you are ready, Captain," Bonnie Anne informed Anneke with a smile. She gave her captain a quizzical look. "Best put your hat on for protection in case there is any trouble. You can put your flower wreath back on later," Bonnie Anne added kindly, in a rather 'big sister' sort of way.

Anneke nodded dutifully and put her hat on, and then began to happily introduce the visitors to her first mate. The fox woman smiled politely at them all, then a slight frown appeared on her furry brow as she glanced at Devin. "Where are your weapons, young pirate?" she asked Devin in an undertone, so as not to draw attention to her. "Always a good idea to anticipate trouble, even in quiet skies."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
As they approached the docks, Anneke slowed down enough for Devin to catch up, and rather breathlessly began to relate what the 'snow girl' could expect. "Mine is the ship with the butterfly on the sails, see? And I can see Bonnie Anne waving to me!" Anneke paused in her speech long enough to stand on her toes and wave back enthusiastically. "You will love Bonnie Anne, she is so kind and wise. And so is Kan Po, and Mormo, and Ratbeard, and Milo, and Old Scratch -- oh, I need to tell you, Old Scratch is a skeleton. He's undead. But he's really nice, don't worry. Although he did try to kill me when I first met him. Though, so did Ratbeard," she explained breezily, her words tumbling over each other in her eagerness.

They now were coming aboard ship. "The crew's all here and ready to sail if you are ready, Captain," Bonnie Anne informed Anneke with a smile. She gave her captain a quizzical look. "Best put your hat on for protection in case there is any trouble. You can put your flower wreath back on later," Bonnie Anne added kindly, in a rather 'big sister' sort of way.

Anneke nodded dutifully and put her hat on, and then began to happily introduce the visitors to her first mate. The fox woman smiled politely at them all, then a slight frown appeared on her furry brow as she glanced at Devin. "Where are your weapons, young pirate?" she asked Devin in an undertone, so as not to draw attention to her. "Always a good idea to anticipate trouble, even in quiet skies."
"Nice to see ya Bonnie," Emma winked at the fox and smiled. The blonde was already growing quite fond of the fox. The blonde did a quick check to see that she had all her weapons real quick, just as a precaution. Let's see... seven rapiers... check! Twelve muskets.... Check! Three pistols, one with a sword... Check! And... Halberd. Check!

"How many weapons do you have?" Savannah inquired to her friend. Where did she GET all of them? Seriously, she had those and the ones she keeps attached to her overcoat sometimes. She wasn't currently wearing it, thankfully.

"Uhh... Let's see. Twenty four or so in here, and about eleven back in my house."

"That's mad!"

"Are you stating you've never noticed till now?"

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Jenny watched as Devin and the other girls left the tavern and ran down to the docks. She was beginning to be unsure if she should help Hank. The other girls were really nice, and Jenny didn't really want to get on their wrong sides, especially Savannah's who seemed to have a similar personality to Jenny. Then Devin's awkwardness and shyness reminded Jenny of the orphans in Marleybone that she and her sister used to help out. But, Jenny had told Hank she would help him get that strange baton back from Devin, and Jenny always kept her word.

"It's funny," Jenny thought to herself, "I always get myself into things like this, and so far it's always been Scarlet who gets me out. This time I have no idea where Scarlet is. Maybe I can get that baton and still be friends with the group?"

Jenny then smiled and raced towards the docks following the others, she would have won the race too, had she not tripped over her own feet and rolled down the sandy hill.

Captain
May 16, 2011
CdeWinter on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Jenny watched as Devin and the other girls left the tavern and ran down to the docks. She was beginning to be unsure if she should help Hank. The other girls were really nice, and Jenny didn't really want to get on their wrong sides, especially Savannah's who seemed to have a similar personality to Jenny. Then Devin's awkwardness and shyness reminded Jenny of the orphans in Marleybone that she and her sister used to help out. But, Jenny had told Hank she would help him get that strange baton back from Devin, and Jenny always kept her word.

"It's funny," Jenny thought to herself, "I always get myself into things like this, and so far it's always been Scarlet who gets me out. This time I have no idea where Scarlet is. Maybe I can get that baton and still be friends with the group?"

Jenny then smiled and raced towards the docks following the others, she would have won the race too, had she not tripped over her own feet and rolled down the sandy hill.
OOC: Hope you don't mind where going with this. CdeWinter and I had talked it out after a quick duel with Gortez. What's going to happen will allow Jenny to help Hank get the wand, while Jenny will still stay friends with the group.
~
A few minutes after the ship was out in the skyway, Jenny purposefully pretended she had tripped, and fell on to the steering wheel. Then the ship gave an unpleasant jerk. Such a jerk caused Devin to get a really sick feeling to her stomach, and she ran to the side of the ship. In her mad dash she accidentally dropped her wand, and it clattered toward the direction of Hank. No one else besides Hank seemed to notice that the wand had rolled across the deck. Hank put the wand in his pocket to examine later.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Thunder Hawk on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Hope you don't mind where going with this. CdeWinter and I had talked it out after a quick duel with Gortez. What's going to happen will allow Jenny to help Hank get the wand, while Jenny will still stay friends with the group.
~
A few minutes after the ship was out in the skyway, Jenny purposefully pretended she had tripped, and fell on to the steering wheel. Then the ship gave an unpleasant jerk. Such a jerk caused Devin to get a really sick feeling to her stomach, and she ran to the side of the ship. In her mad dash she accidentally dropped her wand, and it clattered toward the direction of Hank. No one else besides Hank seemed to notice that the wand had rolled across the deck. Hank put the wand in his pocket to examine later.
Anneke, who had been at the ship's wheel, was knocked over when Jenny slammed herself on it. The ship tilted ominously. As quickly as she could, Anneke turned the wheel as hard as she could to right the ship -- which turned out to be a little too much -- then struggled to get the ship fully upright and back on course. It was pretty rough sailing for a few minutes. However, at last successful, Anneke resumed course, then handed the control of the wheel to Kan Po, who had come up to assist her. Anneke made sure Jenny was okay (she merely looked flustered and perhaps a little bruised) then went to the side of the very green-looking Devin.

Devin turned her face to Anneke, looking miserably ill. Anneke, with a sympathetic smile, took Devin's wrist, and pressed her thumb - not too hard - on the inside of the arm, a little up the forearm from the wrist. To Devin's surprise, she felt much better.

"It's an old skyfarers trick," Anneke informed her lightly. "My parents had to use it on me when I was very little, enough times that I remember it well. She looked thoughtful. No one was next to them at the moment. Now was her chance - Devin should really be warned - if she was what Anneke suspected. After all, Devin bore no staff. Still, there was something about her, something that called magic to magic.

"Devin, I... I know you aren't like most people," Anneke began awkwardly. "I mean, I think you... study hoodoo?" Devin's face was wary but became blank at the unfamiliar word. "Uh, mojo? Magic?" Anneke tried again. "No, don't be scared"-- for Devin suddenly looked very frightened --"I am studying hoodoo, er, magic too. We witchdoctors keep it quiet because most people are afraid and suspicious if they suspect you do hoodoo. It's the dealing with the spirits, I think," Anneke suddenly commented pragmatically. "It turns off most people, unless they want their fortunes told or something."

"But," Anneke continued, "I have to warn you that there are some people around that really, really hate magic. Although, they aren't truly people. I don't really know what they are. They don't have eyes, you see," Anneke wobbled off her topic of warning momentarily, her own eyes wide and dark with unpleasant memories. "They call themselves the Armada. If they see you doing any magic, they will attack you. Even if the magic is harmless. You have to beware of them."

Meanwhile, Kan Po continued on course as his captain ordered, neither captain nor loyal companion realizing that the rudder had been knocked slightly off kilter when Jenny rammed into the wheel...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
Anneke, who had been at the ship's wheel, was knocked over when Jenny slammed herself on it. The ship tilted ominously. As quickly as she could, Anneke turned the wheel as hard as she could to right the ship -- which turned out to be a little too much -- then struggled to get the ship fully upright and back on course. It was pretty rough sailing for a few minutes. However, at last successful, Anneke resumed course, then handed the control of the wheel to Kan Po, who had come up to assist her. Anneke made sure Jenny was okay (she merely looked flustered and perhaps a little bruised) then went to the side of the very green-looking Devin.

Devin turned her face to Anneke, looking miserably ill. Anneke, with a sympathetic smile, took Devin's wrist, and pressed her thumb - not too hard - on the inside of the arm, a little up the forearm from the wrist. To Devin's surprise, she felt much better.

"It's an old skyfarers trick," Anneke informed her lightly. "My parents had to use it on me when I was very little, enough times that I remember it well. She looked thoughtful. No one was next to them at the moment. Now was her chance - Devin should really be warned - if she was what Anneke suspected. After all, Devin bore no staff. Still, there was something about her, something that called magic to magic.

"Devin, I... I know you aren't like most people," Anneke began awkwardly. "I mean, I think you... study hoodoo?" Devin's face was wary but became blank at the unfamiliar word. "Uh, mojo? Magic?" Anneke tried again. "No, don't be scared"-- for Devin suddenly looked very frightened --"I am studying hoodoo, er, magic too. We witchdoctors keep it quiet because most people are afraid and suspicious if they suspect you do hoodoo. It's the dealing with the spirits, I think," Anneke suddenly commented pragmatically. "It turns off most people, unless they want their fortunes told or something."

"But," Anneke continued, "I have to warn you that there are some people around that really, really hate magic. Although, they aren't truly people. I don't really know what they are. They don't have eyes, you see," Anneke wobbled off her topic of warning momentarily, her own eyes wide and dark with unpleasant memories. "They call themselves the Armada. If they see you doing any magic, they will attack you. Even if the magic is harmless. You have to beware of them."

Meanwhile, Kan Po continued on course as his captain ordered, neither captain nor loyal companion realizing that the rudder had been knocked slightly off kilter when Jenny rammed into the wheel...
OOC: Nice use of the sea sick pressure point trick, I've actually used that several times IRL while doing field work on ships.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Nice use of the sea sick pressure point trick, I've actually used that several times IRL while doing field work on ships.
OOC: Oho, so that's one reason why you know so much about ships! Before I wrote the last sequence, I had to go and read up on how a ship's wheel works (since I actually know very little about ships), because I was thinking 'if I don't get it reasonably right, Scarlet's going to know'... so you see, Pirate101 is actually educational!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Oho, so that's one reason why you know so much about ships! Before I wrote the last sequence, I had to go and read up on how a ship's wheel works (since I actually know very little about ships), because I was thinking 'if I don't get it reasonably right, Scarlet's going to know'... so you see, Pirate101 is actually educational!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Indeed, my friend! I've learned so much because of Pirate101 and I am quite proud to call myself a pirate!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:

"Je suis desole." Jenny apologised while rubbing her side. She had hit the ships wheel harder than she meant to, and could already fell a bruise developing. Still holding her side, she slowly walked past Hank and over to Devin.

As she passed Hank, Jenny whispered so only Hank could hear her, "I hope you got that baton, I think I've got a bruised rib." Jenny reached Devin just as Anneke was finishing her warning about the Armada. "I am truly sorry, Devin. I don't always pay attention to what I'm doing, my sister keeps nagging me about it." Jenny only then noticed the look on Devin's face, completely misunderstanding the reason for it, Jenny turned to Anneke.

"Anneke, maybe we should head for shore, Devin is looking a bit peaky."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Devin, although feeling better, was definitely relieved to be heading back to Skull Island. A pirate's life... was not for her.
~
Jack and Lizzy were near the front of the boat, quietly talking to each other. "This is more dangerous than I thought..." Jack said, pushing against his forehead with his hand.
Lizzy breathed out sharply through her mouth. "You think?" She raised her eyebrows at him. "Man, I would hate it if Andrew made me go to Darkmoor." Lizzy shuddered, goosebumps visibly running up her arm. "It sounds so... dark. Hey, speaking of Andrew, have you seen him lately, other than the Waponi War?"
Jack shrugged. "Besides that, rarely. We accidentally ran into each other at the Bazaar once, but we didn't talk to each other."
The blonde shook her head, a look crossing her face that seemed to say 'Boys are so weird.', but she said nothing, her emerald green eyes looking at Hank, seeming to read his very soul.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Anneke nodded to Jenny as she trimmed the sails to moderate their pace as the Laughing Mermaid, Anneke's ship, bent towards their destination. "We should be there soon," she answered easily, giving orders and scurrying about, clearly enjoying the process of sailing the skyship.

However, as they approached land, Anneke became filled with doubt. Where was the broad sandy beach, dusted with pretty little sky coquina shells? Where was the sparkling pool and the slim waterfall that fed it from a rocky outcropping? This sandy beach was a narrow entrance, guarded by tall rocks. The deep shadows of the rocks hid the landscape up from the small beach. This did not look at all like one of her favorite places.

Anneke bit her lip. The winds had been right, the wheel steering in the correct direction... surely, they could not have gotten off course. She didn't want to believe that she could have gotten off course. Then the admiration her new friends had for her skillful captaining would be lost, and they would just think she was odd Anneke again. Perhaps both odd and incompetent. No, surely those rocks were simply the other side of the outcropping that provided the waterfall. A little clambering over the smaller rocks by the shore-- and yes, there they would be!

Shaking off her misgivings, Anneke called directions to navigate the little ship onto the narrow beach. A small voice in her head warned her that not all was well, but for once, Anneke ignored that voice of instinct that had always served her faithfully.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Anneke nodded to Jenny as she trimmed the sails to moderate their pace as the Laughing Mermaid, Anneke's ship, bent towards their destination. "We should be there soon," she answered easily, giving orders and scurrying about, clearly enjoying the process of sailing the skyship.

However, as they approached land, Anneke became filled with doubt. Where was the broad sandy beach, dusted with pretty little sky coquina shells? Where was the sparkling pool and the slim waterfall that fed it from a rocky outcropping? This sandy beach was a narrow entrance, guarded by tall rocks. The deep shadows of the rocks hid the landscape up from the small beach. This did not look at all like one of her favorite places.

Anneke bit her lip. The winds had been right, the wheel steering in the correct direction... surely, they could not have gotten off course. She didn't want to believe that she could have gotten off course. Then the admiration her new friends had for her skillful captaining would be lost, and they would just think she was odd Anneke again. Perhaps both odd and incompetent. No, surely those rocks were simply the other side of the outcropping that provided the waterfall. A little clambering over the smaller rocks by the shore-- and yes, there they would be!

Shaking off her misgivings, Anneke called directions to navigate the little ship onto the narrow beach. A small voice in her head warned her that not all was well, but for once, Anneke ignored that voice of instinct that had always served her faithfully.
Jenny glanced around the little inlet with a confused expression on her face.
"Anneke, I thought you said there were flowers and a waterfall here, are you sure we're in the right place?"

Jenny was getting worried that maybe she had accidentilly damaged Anneke' ship while helping Hank get Devin's wan.

OOC: very short, and not that great I know. I just thought I should add something to get this thread back on the first page.