Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay V!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Kai Alcott on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
As the group of pirates and wizard runs off, a boy around their age walks out of his small hut, rubbing his eyes. He pulls a telescope from his pocket, watching the group.
Wait, is that a Wizard?
"Marquis!" Kai Alcott yells, following them down the beach. "Come on!"
"Yes captain!" Marquis Perez says, jumping after him.
OOC: Marquis is my monquisitor from a sidequest
Kai pulls out his bone daggers, as Marquis draws his staff.
A knife of human bone sails out of the treetops towards the wizard, going through her sleeve and pinning her to the sand.
(OOC: Interesting. A plot twist.)

Anneke had just reached the basalt tunnel, Jenny leading them all, when she heard a muffled thud, and Devin gasp with shock. She whirled around, automatically beginning to channel energy with her staff, and saw Devin unhurt but sprawled on the beach.

"Something knocked me down -- I can't move my arm!" Devin exclaimed, white to her lips.

Anneke hurried to her side. A slim knife had been so expertly thrown that it had not even grazed her skin as it pinned her sleeve to the ground. A strange knife, with a blade of ivory or some such, Anneke puzzled, reaching down to pull it away. She hadn't quite touched it when she realized that it was not made of ivory. She suddenly knew what it was.

Anneke flung herself back with a frightened cry, filled with revulsion.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Kai Alcott on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
As the group of pirates and wizard runs off, a boy around their age walks out of his small hut, rubbing his eyes. He pulls a telescope from his pocket, watching the group.
Wait, is that a Wizard?
"Marquis!" Kai Alcott yells, following them down the beach. "Come on!"
"Yes captain!" Marquis Perez says, jumping after him.
OOC: Marquis is my monquisitor from a sidequest
Kai pulls out his bone daggers, as Marquis draws his staff.
A knife of human bone sails out of the treetops towards the wizard, going through her sleeve and pinning her to the sand.
[OOC: First, sand by definition is a very loose substrate, it would be very hard to pin someone to a sandy beach with a thrown dagger, the dagger would be very easy to pull out again. I was also under the impression that this was a deserted beach, however welcome to the roleplay Kai.]

As the group ran back up the beach towards the tunnle opening, Jenny saw a glint of silver fly from the tree tops and hit Devin in the arm. With a cry of suprise Devin lost her balance and fell to the ground with the silver object turning out be a small knife. Luckily, the knife had only hit Devin's sleeve.

Jenny, however did notice Devin's luck, the instant the dagger flew past her face Jenny knew what it was. She had seen her elder sister Scarlet use throwing knives many times before. Instead with a very fluid like motion, Jenny pulled out her dual pistols and fell to one knee, aiming at the tree top where the dagger had come from.

"There are two people in the tallest tree to our right! One of them threw the dagger!" Jenny yelled without looking away from the boy and his monkey.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
"Scratch!" Kai yells, jumping down. "Work yer art!"
A skeletal witch walks from the trees, his wand waving.
"Yes, oh captain my captain."
Several hundred undead pirates walked towards the wizard,
all ready for battle. Kai lifts a hand, telling them to be still.
"What be ye doing here? These woods be ours!"

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Kai Alcott on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
"Scratch!" Kai yells, jumping down. "Work yer art!"
A skeletal witch walks from the trees, his wand waving.
"Yes, oh captain my captain."
Several hundred undead pirates walked towards the wizard,
all ready for battle. Kai lifts a hand, telling them to be still.
"What be ye doing here? These woods be ours!"
Anneke, horrified by the knife of human bone, whirling around to see a stranger surrounded by hundreds of undead, felt very inclined to panic. But then her brain kicked in:

Wait. This is a boy. Even a powerful boy could not have summoned hundreds of undead in a moment. Most of these must be illusion. Perhaps they are all illusion. Anneke gripped her staff harder, instinctively gathering power.

Perhaps there is no need to fight, her mind continued calmly. Perhaps he is simply afraid of intruders, or merely territorial. They aren't much of a woods, Anneke critically eyed the scraggly trees on the basalt hills, but if he feels they are his, we just need to show we are no threat. Although I do not like his knife. Someone with such a thing can not be fully wholesome.

Anneke calmed her feelings, and spoke. "We are no threat to you. We came here by accident. We are looking for a witchdoctor who was abducted by..." Oh, what did most people call those things? Those eyeless ones? "... by, uh, Clockwork men." Yes, that was it. "Have you seen her or the clockworks?"

And then, as an afterthought. "Oh, and you do know the volcano of this island is going to erupt soon, don't you?"

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
Anneke, horrified by the knife of human bone, whirling around to see a stranger surrounded by hundreds of undead, felt very inclined to panic. But then her brain kicked in:

Wait. This is a boy. Even a powerful boy could not have summoned hundreds of undead in a moment. Most of these must be illusion. Perhaps they are all illusion. Anneke gripped her staff harder, instinctively gathering power.

Perhaps there is no need to fight, her mind continued calmly. Perhaps he is simply afraid of intruders, or merely territorial. They aren't much of a woods, Anneke critically eyed the scraggly trees on the basalt hills, but if he feels they are his, we just need to show we are no threat. Although I do not like his knife. Someone with such a thing can not be fully wholesome.

Anneke calmed her feelings, and spoke. "We are no threat to you. We came here by accident. We are looking for a witchdoctor who was abducted by..." Oh, what did most people call those things? Those eyeless ones? "... by, uh, Clockwork men." Yes, that was it. "Have you seen her or the clockworks?"

And then, as an afterthought. "Oh, and you do know the volcano of this island is going to erupt soon, don't you?"
"This is my forest!" Kai says angrily. "No clockwork has ever been to this island, and that volcano is sealed by Scratch's magic. I still need to send him up to seal it again, but still."
"Stay off my beach! Or my knife hits more than a sleeve!" He finishes, pulling a Valencian halberd off his back. He also drew his second knife.
"I have lived here for all my life, and you will not destroy my home!"
He grabs Devin's staff, and with a flick of the wrist his knife pins Jenny's gun to the tree.
His hand raises, and points at Devin.
"Take the wizard! She will be held captive until they all leave our island. I will send her back when they do."
He drops his hand, and the undead advance.
"Marquis, come. We must leave. Scratch! Stay and take the wizard. Bring her to the hideout."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Kai Alcott on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
"This is my forest!" Kai says angrily. "No clockwork has ever been to this island, and that volcano is sealed by Scratch's magic. I still need to send him up to seal it again, but still."
"Stay off my beach! Or my knife hits more than a sleeve!" He finishes, pulling a Valencian halberd off his back. He also drew his second knife.
He grabs Devin's staff, and with a flick of the wrist his knife pins Jenny's gun to the tree.
"Take the wizard! She will be held captive until they all leave our island. I will send her back when they do."
"Marquis, come. We must leave. Scratch! Stay and take the wizard. Bring her to the hideout."
Anneke watched the boy warily. She was glad he had taken his knife away, though Anneke had noticed out of the corner of her eye Devin using a bit of her clothes to wrap around her hand as she gingerly tried to work the thing free. How could he be holding such a thing in his bare fingers, so close to the grim bone blade?

In her peripheral vision, Anneke could see Jenny still with her pistols out, ready to fire upon the strange boy, but sensibly holding back for the moment. Should they follow him? If it came to a fight, he would have all the advantage in his hut. Was he telling the truth about the Water-witch doctor? He certainly sounded glib enough, but he could be a very good liar.

And then there was his words about Scratch. Anneke knew Old Scratch, her Scratch, who had recently joined her crew and she was fast learning to respect both his loyalty and wisdom. That this boy had a twin to her Scratch did not disturb her. Madame Vadima had explained to her about multiple universes and their occasional intersections, and Anneke understood (because that was the kind of girl she was!) What it meant was that this boy was probably one of her parallels. But those parallels were not necessarily good, only that there was something tending towards goodness that individuals like Old Scratch recognized and clung to in a confused world.

No, she didn't trust him. Not yet. She glanced over at Jack, Lizzie, Emma, and Savannah, hoping for their insight. And she would ask her first question:

"Wait, er... ah..." He didn't give his name. What should she call him? Witch-boy came to mind, but somehow she suspected he wouldn't like that. "Wait, o seeker of magic," Yes, poetical! She could just imagine her Kroc foster parents nodding in approval. "Why do you have knives of human bone? What graves did you desecrate to get such a thing?"

(OOC: this would probably be a good time for Hank to show up, o experienced witchdoctor that you are )

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
A small raft is seen in the distance, with 1 person on it, the raft coming quickly to the shore, unable to slow down in any way, as it was built quickly and not meant for extended travel through the skyways. It falls apart when it gets too close, the person on it being thrown to the sand, not moving.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
koompa stomp on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
A small raft is seen in the distance, with 1 person on it, the raft coming quickly to the shore, unable to slow down in any way, as it was built quickly and not meant for extended travel through the skyways. It falls apart when it gets too close, the person on it being thrown to the sand, not moving.
About a quarter of the undead dashes towards him, blades in the air.
As one of them was about to hit, the words Mega Hit! appeared. The zombie kicked, then swings his sword up and down.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
Anneke watched the boy warily. She was glad he had taken his knife away, though Anneke had noticed out of the corner of her eye Devin using a bit of her clothes to wrap around her hand as she gingerly tried to work the thing free. How could he be holding such a thing in his bare fingers, so close to the grim bone blade?

In her peripheral vision, Anneke could see Jenny still with her pistols out, ready to fire upon the strange boy, but sensibly holding back for the moment. Should they follow him? If it came to a fight, he would have all the advantage in his hut. Was he telling the truth about the Water-witch doctor? He certainly sounded glib enough, but he could be a very good liar.

And then there was his words about Scratch. Anneke knew Old Scratch, her Scratch, who had recently joined her crew and she was fast learning to respect both his loyalty and wisdom. That this boy had a twin to her Scratch did not disturb her. Madame Vadima had explained to her about multiple universes and their occasional intersections, and Anneke understood (because that was the kind of girl she was!) What it meant was that this boy was probably one of her parallels. But those parallels were not necessarily good, only that there was something tending towards goodness that individuals like Old Scratch recognized and clung to in a confused world.

No, she didn't trust him. Not yet. She glanced over at Jack, Lizzie, Emma, and Savannah, hoping for their insight. And she would ask her first question:

"Wait, er... ah..." He didn't give his name. What should she call him? Witch-boy came to mind, but somehow she suspected he wouldn't like that. "Wait, o seeker of magic," Yes, poetical! She could just imagine her Kroc foster parents nodding in approval. "Why do you have knives of human bone? What graves did you desecrate to get such a thing?"

(OOC: this would probably be a good time for Hank to show up, o experienced witchdoctor that you are )
Hank, looking for the others, decided to use a very complex spell that will move his very essence to their location. Not many Witchdoctors were capable of using it, but Hank had been a Witchdoctor at an early age, and picked up on spells quickly. Soon, in mere moments, his eyesight changed. Now, instead of the Skull Island
Docks, he now saw the others, on this seemingly 'uninhabited island'. He came just in time to hear Anneke ask, "Why do you have human knives of bone?" Hank's eyes widened. Then glancing at a bone knife the boy was holding. "Let me see that." Hank said, seemingly popping up from nowhere. The boy held the bone knife back, seeming to gesture that he would not let Hank take it easily. Then, narrowing his eyes at the bone knife that held Devin down, he used a quick simple spell to try and pull the bone knife out of the sand.

But the spell merely bounced off the knife. Hank doubled back in surprise, but regained his footing and tried again, this time a stronger spell. The knife was slightly budged, but for some reason the spell stopped.

Could this bone knife be resistant to magic? Hank thought with a sinking feeling, as Devin was pulled by Old Scratch's magic across the sands. Hank whipped out his mojo pistol, and shot Old Scratch, squarely in his bony chest. Old Scratch recoiled a bit, but for the most part it didn't do anything. Hank's eyes widened, as he thought, What else is resistant to magic around here?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
(OOC: obviously my more measured response came before Kai's sequence, so Kai and everyone, I will respond to this -- just flip the sequences, it should work out. I'm not sure how a knife can pin a gun to a tree, so I will let Jenny deal with that bit. And Kai, you might find it interesting that it has been established that the staff Devin is presently carrying has its own intelligence, and I am quite certain it will not like you trying to take it)

Anneke generally was a very calm, easy-going person who didn't like to argue. She mostly floated around dreamily, the truth be known. So she was quite unprepared for the surge of temper that flashed through her, instantly spiraling to an incandescent rage. Her pale face went quite white with fury, her hair lifted into wild floating strands as if she was filled with electricity, and a golden light suddenly washed from her staff into a large bubble that surrounded her and the people right next to her.

At the same moment Kai grabbed the staff. He felt a shock jolt through him and he flew through the air to land some feet away. The staff remained in Devin's possession, and she had almost wiggled the knife out of the sleeve, taking care not to actually touch it with her skin.

"You are wrong! There are Clockworks here -- Jenny found one of their weapons! You lied to us about the water-mole being with you, you... you bad boy!" Anneke raged. "We have no intentions of staying here, or destroying anything! We are just trying to help someone! So you can keep your stupid island!" She finished quite childishly, but then, anger never makes one act more mature.

"And you are taking no one prisoner! That I promise you!" Anneke gestured furiously with her staff, and a wave of gold spun out from the circle. It swiftly dissipated into golden sparkles that then dissolved into nothing, and the horde of undead also dissolved, save for one rather confused-looking skeletal pirate and a rather surprised Scratch.

I knew it was mostly illusion, Anneke reflected smugly to herself.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
koompa stomp on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
A female musketeer lies on the beach, her whole body aching, with Wing Chun by her side. She wears pink clothes: A pink hat, a pink musketeer coat, and stockings. Their unexpected arrival startles the pirates. Suddenly the musketeer tries to get up, groaning. Wing Chun tries to wake up with her, and gets nervous.
"We're so sorry! Our raft went out of control and crashed! Wing, I told you I should've driven the skiff!" says the musketeer named Slick Stephanie Maxwell. Wing replies, "Well there were so many rafts at the docks that we didn't want to look so 'experienced'!" "How does having 'experience' have to do with anything? I've seen Marleybonian and Aquilan ships there." she replied. And she kept on going...

"My goodness Wing. HOW can people sail a raft in this area, anyway? You know-" Suddenly Kai interrupts their conversation. "No low-level musketeers are allowed in my forest! You must leave now! Or else you will feel my wrath!" "Shocked and scared, but also righteous, they just stood there. Kai suddenly turned angry. "OK then, prepare for battle!" Stephanie got her pistols out and opened fire, while Wing did... well, whatever he did. However, they were no match for the mighty Kai. "Fools! Your puny little sparks are no match for the power of hoodoo!" he yelled. "We get it..." Stephanie moaned in defeat.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
"Correct, we won't destroy your home!" Good grief. Devin thought, I've seen better necromancers. She walked towards Kai, trying hard not to let herself be disturbed by the skeletal guardians advancing towards her, and gently pushed them away if they did. She reached Kai, caught his shoulder, and turned him around to look him in the eye. "We're stranded on your island momentarily," She gestured to the ship, "and we just need some supplies in order to get it fixed and leave this place." Devin chuckled. "Trust me, I don't even want to be here right now. There's overwhelming evidence that clockworks have been here, although you may not have known about it, and a fellow witchdoctor has been captured by them. You cannot deny that this evidence is real; I've already fully examined it with magic, it is completely true. We were going to rescue the witchdoctor before we left, and we still are." Devin's eyes turned cold. "You will not get in our way. Understand?" She reached for her staff and touched her hand to Kai's, her fingers ice cold, making him drop the staff into her grasp. "Thank you." She said, then she turned away back to the cave, leaving Kai speechless.

But Devin turned back around to Kai. "I will hurt you if you hurt my friends. Keep this in mind, before you make any rash decisions."

"Oh, my goodness!" Lizzy cried, diving to the unconscious person laying still on the beach. She picked up their upper torso and held them facing the sky, examining different things about them. She lifted their lid and saw the pupil shrink. She rested her head on their chest and established a stable heart beat, and fair breathing.

"Jack, get some food, you saw some bananas as we were headed up the volcano."

When Jack returned with the food, Lizzy unpeeled it and waved it under the person's nose. She saw them take in a deep breath, and hoped with all her will that the sensation of hunger was enough to drive this person back to full awareness.

"Now gimme your shoe."

"Eh... what?" Jack was completely taken aback by the question, but handed his boot to her all the same.

"Whew!" Lizzy held it at arm's length away, plugging her nose, wincing, and facing the other direction.

Jack shrugged. "You asked for it."

"You're right, I did." Lizzy, ever so carefully, took the food away and waved the boot under the person's face, making them snap awake. "Thanks for the boot." She handed it back to Jack.

"You're welcome."

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: obviously my more measured response came before Kai's sequence, so Kai and everyone, I will respond to this -- just flip the sequences, it should work out. I'm not sure how a knife can pin a gun to a tree, so I will let Jenny deal with that bit. And Kai, you might find it interesting that it has been established that the staff Devin is presently carrying has its own intelligence, and I am quite certain it will not like you trying to take it)

Anneke generally was a very calm, easy-going person who didn't like to argue. She mostly floated around dreamily, the truth be known. So she was quite unprepared for the surge of temper that flashed through her, instantly spiraling to an incandescent rage. Her pale face went quite white with fury, her hair lifted into wild floating strands as if she was filled with electricity, and a golden light suddenly washed from her staff into a large bubble that surrounded her and the people right next to her.

At the same moment Kai grabbed the staff. He felt a shock jolt through him and he flew through the air to land some feet away. The staff remained in Devin's possession, and she had almost wiggled the knife out of the sleeve, taking care not to actually touch it with her skin.

"You are wrong! There are Clockworks here -- Jenny found one of their weapons! You lied to us about the water-mole being with you, you... you bad boy!" Anneke raged. "We have no intentions of staying here, or destroying anything! We are just trying to help someone! So you can keep your stupid island!" She finished quite childishly, but then, anger never makes one act more mature.

"And you are taking no one prisoner! That I promise you!" Anneke gestured furiously with her staff, and a wave of gold spun out from the circle. It swiftly dissipated into golden sparkles that then dissolved into nothing, and the horde of undead also dissolved, save for one rather confused-looking skeletal pirate and a rather surprised Scratch.

Jenny smirked as the knife hit one of her revolvers. Rather than try to hold on to the gun, Jenny simply opened her hand and let the gun fall behind her, she still had the other revolver in her right hand. Now she also had a new throwing knife, it really didn't matter to her if the handle was made of bone. Although she was slightly curious as to which bone it was, it was too small for a femure, maybe it was part of a radius or a humerus? Her sister Scarlet would know.

Jenny watched as the newcomer Kai flew through the air after touching the Devin's staff, using the distraction to her advantage, Jenny quickly retreived her other revolver and rolled behind a large boulder. As Anneke took care of the skeleton illusions, Jenny fired both her revovlers directly at the remaining skeleton pirate. Both spark projectiles hit the skeleton pirate directly in the sternum causing the skeleton to simply fall to peices, scattering his bones across the beach.

Jenny then turned her attention back to Kai who was now regaining his feet and holding a halbered.
Wow, Jenny thought, He's just an inexperienced buccaneer or swashbuckler, if Scarlet was here that guy would already be pinned to a tree with her blade at his throat.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
OOC: That was my character on the raft Cherry. Why are you saying its your character that was on the raft?

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:

(OOC: It wasn't illusion :P)
"I never mentioned any water mole..." Kai mutters, drawing his knife.
"This is my home! GET OUT!" Kai yells, spinning the blade of bone in his hand. It begins glowing green, getting brighter and brighter. It suddenly flashes crimson, and the light grows brighter and brighter. the knife suddenly explodes as Kai spins it, knocking him against the tree. The shadows surrounding him disappear, as the knives of bone both shatter.
"Wha-what happened?" Kai asks, standing up slowly. "Where's Hiku?"

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
CheeryCherry1234 on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:
A female musketeer lies on the beach, her whole body aching, with Wing Chun by her side. She wears pink clothes: A pink hat, a pink musketeer coat, and stockings. Their unexpected arrival startles the pirates. Suddenly the musketeer tries to get up, groaning. Wing Chun tries to wake up with her, and gets nervous.
"We're so sorry! Our raft went out of control and crashed! Wing, I told you I should've driven the skiff!" says the musketeer named Slick Stephanie Maxwell. Wing replies, "Well there were so many rafts at the docks that we didn't want to look so 'experienced'!" "How does having 'experience' have to do with anything? I've seen Marleybonian and Aquilan ships there." she replied. And she kept on going...

"My goodness Wing. HOW can people sail a raft in this area, anyway? You know-" Suddenly Kai interrupts their conversation. "No low-level musketeers are allowed in my forest! You must leave now! Or else you will feel my wrath!" "Shocked and scared, but also righteous, they just stood there. Kai suddenly turned angry. "OK then, prepare for battle!" Stephanie got her pistols out and opened fire, while Wing did... well, whatever he did. However, they were no match for the mighty Kai. "Fools! Your puny little sparks are no match for the power of hoodoo!" he yelled. "We get it..." Stephanie moaned in defeat.
(OOC: You stole my brother's entrance, and I never would have made myself say that. How dare you! That raft thing was my brother Koompa Stomp's entrance, you thief. Now apologize to koompa!)

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
I'mma jump in if you don't mind. Apologies for anything that may confuse anyone...

A boy lowered his spyglass, his deep blue eye filled with shock. Yes, he had one eye, the other was lost in combat.
"What in Saint Fido's name was that?"
"What do ye mean Connor?"
Pearl looked up from polishing her swords and to her younger brother Connor. Ah, he was always looking around the skyway, being a curious little rascal as always. Now, they were watching an island with a volcano on Connor's insistence, and Pearl was stuck with nothing to do but to polish up everything.
"A light just appeared! What is that thing? Get to the wheel and get us to there!"
"Aye, whatever ye say."
Pearl skillfully navigated the ship toward the island, Connor saying that there were some people there as well. She docked the ship nearby and rowed a dinghy to the island, as she did not want anything to happen to her precious ship. Yes, indeed there were people here and it seemed that a battle had just occurred. No matter. Connor jumped up from his seat and held out a hand, grinning excitedly.
"Need any help?"

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
The person stands up slowly, looking around and saying, "Ugh... What is that smell?" He notices the people around him, and a look of panic quickly comes to his face. "Where is this!?" He begins backing away, watching the people.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
OOC: Think my last post was deleted.
Kai freezes when Devin's hand turns his shoulder. An evil spirit flies out of him, muttering something about wizards.
"Only a wizard's touch ends my curse!" It hisses, flying towards the ground.
"This boy is mine!" It growls, until Scratch throws his curse.
"I and I think me captain is his own"
Kai slowly stands, dropping the bone knife.
"Where am I?"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
koompa stomp on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:
The person stands up slowly, looking around and saying, "Ugh... What is that smell?" He notices the people around him, and a look of panic quickly comes to his face. "Where is this!?" He begins backing away, watching the people.
"It's okay!" Lizzy launched herself to the boy from the raft and put her hands on his shoulder and his back, steadying him. "You can trust us, I promise." Lizzy smiled, and the boy could tell that she meant it. "Sorry about the smell, I didn't know very many ways to wake you up." She guided him over to Jack, who wielded different foods, and handed some to him. "I imagine your hungry."

Devin's eyes widened when she saw the spirit rush out of Kai's body. "Oh, thank goodness! I was worried I was going to have to freeze you or something." She smiled and strode back over to Kai. "I don't believe we have been properly introduced. My name is Devin DarkFlame, rank nine Thaumaturge." Well, that spirit has already told everyone in The Spiral, no use in trying to hide it now. She extended her hand to shake Kai's.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
"It's okay!" Lizzy launched herself to the boy from the raft and put her hands on his shoulder and his back, steadying him. "You can trust us, I promise." Lizzy smiled, and the boy could tell that she meant it. "Sorry about the smell, I didn't know very many ways to wake you up." She guided him over to Jack, who wielded different foods, and handed some to him. "I imagine your hungry."

Devin's eyes widened when she saw the spirit rush out of Kai's body. "Oh, thank goodness! I was worried I was going to have to freeze you or something." She smiled and strode back over to Kai. "I don't believe we have been properly introduced. My name is Devin DarkFlame, rank nine Thaumaturge." Well, that spirit has already told everyone in The Spiral, no use in trying to hide it now. She extended her hand to shake Kai's.
OOC: Kai went on a trip for 3 days, so could someone take control of his character until then?

The boy takes the food gratefully, beginning to eat. After he finishes eating, he says, "My name is Dino. I was on that poorly built raft because an Armada ship ambushed me in the skyway. They captured my crew, and I was stranded for a week on an island, building that raft. Last I saw, they were headed to Valencia. Oh! There's my staff!" He picks up a staff, with a blue crystal in the middle of 2 green ones, with a small disk of stone attached to the bottom to prevent the wood from wearing down on the ground.

He wears an Aztecan charm going over one eye, and a suit from cool ranch with an attachment covering his mouth.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:

Anneke peered with respectful curiosity at Devin. She didn't know what a 'rank nine Thaumaturge' was, but the evil spirit and Devin's own language suggested... wizard. Anneke had heard of wizards in Krokotopia: scholars of magic who wielded great power and discipline but rarely emerged from their own towers. There was one famed place of many towers, where wizards studied and grew to great knowledge, a nearly mythic place called Wizard City. In many ways wizards were the complete opposite of the 'cunning woman' or 'witchdoctor' or whatever the locals named the local practicioner of magic -- wielding great power, but far removed from the ordinary magics that witchdoctors tried to coax into obeying their lesser skills.

She wanted to ask Devin if she knew about Wizard City, but there was little time. But they had allies now in plenty to help the kidnapped water mole: this new boy on the beach, the restored Kai, the musketeer all in pink (Anneke approved. She liked pink), and two people who had just come ashore from their dingy (Anneke waved in a friendly fashion to them). It was time to go find the water-mole!

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
OOC: Hi.
Kai stands, rubbing his head. "Where am I?" He asks.
He shakes Devin's hand back. "Kai Alcott."
He looks around, his eyes widening.
"This island is cursed." He mutters. In a louder voice, he says "Beware, dangerous creatures lurk these woods. I am afraid that the spirit may have awoken-"
He is interrupted by many trees falling, and a squad of Armada soldiers coming from the woods.
"-Them." He finishes, reaching to his back for a halberd.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
Anneke peered with respectful curiosity at Devin. She didn't know what a 'rank nine Thaumaturge' was, but the evil spirit and Devin's own language suggested... wizard. Anneke had heard of wizards in Krokotopia: scholars of magic who wielded great power and discipline but rarely emerged from their own towers. There was one famed place of many towers, where wizards studied and grew to great knowledge, a nearly mythic place called Wizard City. In many ways wizards were the complete opposite of the 'cunning woman' or 'witchdoctor' or whatever the locals named the local practicioner of magic -- wielding great power, but far removed from the ordinary magics that witchdoctors tried to coax into obeying their lesser skills.

She wanted to ask Devin if she knew about Wizard City, but there was little time. But they had allies now in plenty to help the kidnapped water mole: this new boy on the beach, the restored Kai, the musketeer all in pink (Anneke approved. She liked pink), and two people who had just come ashore from their dingy (Anneke waved in a friendly fashion to them). It was time to go find the water-mole!
OOC: Hmmmm, only to find that water-mole, just, a quick hunt? Something tells me there'll be a plot twist. Like maybe since that evil spirit no longer has control of Kai, the volcano will become active again. Heh heh heh.

Hank smirked, knowing exactly what Anneke had just thought, via mind-reading skills. He telegraphed I doubt it will be that easy, to Anneke's mind via telepathy. "All right then." Hank said. "I'll keep this volcano busy while all you humans go rescue that water-mole." Right on cue, a loud rumbling sound could be heard coming from the volcano. "I'm off!" Hank called, over the overpowering sound of the volcano. He began walking through the jungle, eyes narrowed, and a jumbo-smirk on his face.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:

Pearl facepalmed at Connor. Always the gentleman... at least trying to be. She lightly pushed his hand down and stepped onto the beach. She looked at the peculiar girl who waved at them and gave a slight wave in return. Connor stepped off the dinghy and lightly pushed Pearl aside.
"Ahem, so, are you all in need of assistance?"
Pearl hadn't noticed until then that there were a lot more people that she had anticipated to be on the island. Oh brother, this wasn't going to work for her.
"Pearl? Is something wrong?"
"No..."
"Alright! Now, you all look a bit worse for wear! I dare say you must have had quite a battle! Yum, would that do for you? Oh, did I mention that through your current state you all look quite remarkable! I for one..."
And Connor jabbered on for what seemed to be a millennia, once again earning Pearl's facepalm.