Press Release Archives
- Return to Valencia in Pirate101
June 15th, 2016
- Celebrating Three Years of Pirate101
October 15th, 2015
- Pirate101 Turns Two!
October 15th, 2014
- The Holidays Come to the Spiral!
December 6th, 2013
- KingsIsle's Pirate101 Turns One!
October 15th, 2013
- Talk Like a Pirate and Play Pirate101 on a Mac
September 19th, 2013
- KingsIsle Expands Pirate101 with Two New Worlds
May 24th, 2013
- Wizard101 and Pirate101 Players Raise $100,000 for Texas Charities
January 23rd, 2013
- KingsIsle Entertainment Launches Pirate101
October 8th, 2012
- Pirate101 Sails Into Beta Testing
August 3rd, 2012
- Pirate101 Announcement
April 25th, 2012
KingsIsle Entertainment Proudly Unveils Pirate101
LOS ANGELES (April 25, 2012) –Today, KingsIsle Entertainment formally revealed the exciting online world of Pirate101. The new game delivers heart-pounding, swashbuckling excitement as players take the helm of their very own pirate ships and pursue a storyline of epic adventure filled with intrigue and mystery.
With approximately 14 million unique visitors to Wizard101.com each month, KingsIsle Entertainment’s hit game Wizard101 has grown to become the most popular online game for kids and families in the country. With the announcement of Pirate101, KingsIsle extends its leadership in the online family entertainment space by giving players a vast, pirate-inspired universe to explore; from breathtaking cloud-top skyways, to ancient ruins filled with lost treasure.
"Pirate101's announcement is a seminal milestone for KingsIsle's already strong growth trajectory,” said Elie Akilian, Chairman and CEO of KingsIsle Entertainment. "We believe, based on early indications, Pirate101's appeal will further strengthen KingsIsle's leading position as the online family entertainment company. With the huge success of Wizard101, the introduction of Pirate101, and with multiple other projects already in progress, KingsIsle is a creative force poised for accelerated growth."
“We’ve created a world of treacherous pirates, faithful companions, tactical battles and gorgeous environments,” said Todd Coleman, vice president and creative director of KingsIsle Entertainment. “Pirate101 fuses the key lessons we’ve learned from Wizard101 with entirely new design, setting and gameplay mechanics. We’ve succeeded in creating a game that is very different from Wizard101, but remains comfortable and familiar.”
- Experience adventures as a Buccaneer, Witchdoctor, Privateer, Swashbuckler or Musketeer! Find lost treasure, battle the villainous Armada, and search for El Dorado, the legendary City of Gold!
- Visit far-away lands such as Skull Island, Cool Ranch, and Valencia while undertaking hundreds of quests along the way.
- Captain your own flying Pirate Galleon and explore the Spiral across dozens of fantastic skyways. Each ship has customizable sails, figureheads, cannons and more!
- Adventure with friends and family. Collect a rogue’s gallery of scallywags and cutthroats to form your own Pirate Crew!
- Encounter hundreds of whimsical, fully-voiced, characters in your quest to free the Spiral from the yoke of tyranny.
Pricing and Availability
Pirate101 is currently in closed Alpha testing. The game will launch later this year as a free-to-play download at Pirate101.com. As with KingsIsle’s other major title, Wizard101, players will be able to access premium areas of the game by purchasing a monthly subscription or using Crowns, KingsIsle’s popular virtual currency.
Additional information about the game is available immediately at www.pirate101.com.
About KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc.
KingsIsle Entertainment is a developer and publisher that specializes in creating high-quality massively multiplayer online games which provide entertainment for the entire family. Wizard101, KingsIsle’s first flagship property, received the Parent Tested Parent Approved Media Seal of Approval in 2009 and has been recognized by the National Parenting Publications Awards. Wizard101 was named Best MMO of 2010 by Beckett Massive Online Gamer Magazine, Best Family MMO of the Decade by Massively.com and the #1 Best Family Game of 2009 by MMORPG.com. Pirate101, the company’s second flagship title, will launch in 2012. The company’s experienced and creative team is raising the bar in online entertainment by offering products with rich storylines, friendly navigation, top-quality art and fully-voiced characters. KingsIsle is headquartered in Plano, Texas, and has a development studio in Austin, Texas. For more information, please visit www.kingsisle.com.
KingsIsle and Wizard101 are trademarks or registered trademarks of KingsIsle Entertainment Inc.