KINGSISLE’S PIRATE101 TURNS ONE!
PLANO, TEXAS (October 15, 2013) – KingsIsle’s Pirate101 celebrates its first birthday, capping off an exciting year for the all-ages online game. Come to www.Pirate101.com both to celebrate our one-year birthday and to get in the Halloween spirit with all of our orange and white “ONE-o-Ween” decorations.
“This has been an exciting year for Pirate101 and all of us at KingsIsle.” said Elie Akilian, CEO at KingsIsle Entertainment. “Pirate101 saw an impressive 5 million plus registered players, matching the highly successful Wizard101’s player-base population in its first year.”
To celebrate this exciting time Pirate101 has lined up a number of fun events and items including:
- All players receiving a free birthday hat by using the code “Pirate1st” at www.Pirate101.com.
- Birthday banners, balloons, and present boxes that release colorful streamers can be found throughout Avery’s Court and Skull Island.
- Exciting new offerings including the Haunted Galleon and seasonally themed eye patches.
- Spookier companions, like Bosun Budd the drowned zombie, will be sold at reduced prices in the Crown Shop around Halloween.
- Fan sites will be hosting contests to give away prizes and Crowns for the rest of October.
Yarr! It’s a grand time to be a pirate! The wind is in our sails and a smashing-good carouse is happening in Pirate101, so steer your browser to www.Pirate101.com and come celebrate with us today!
About KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc.
is a developer and publisher that specializes in creating high-quality massively multiplayer online adventure games which provide entertainment for the entire family. Wizard101
, KingsIsle’s first flagship property, received the Parent Tested Parent Approved Media Seal of Approval in 2009 and has been recognized by the National Parenting Publications Awards. Wizard101 was named Best MMO of 2010 by Beckett Massive Online Gamer Magazine, Best Family MMO
of the Decade by Massively.com and the #1 Best Family Game of 2009 by MMORPG.com. Pirate101, the company’s second flagship title, will launch in 2012. The company’s experienced and creative team is raising the bar in online entertainment by offering products with rich storylines, friendly navigation, top-quality art and fully-voiced characters. KingsIsle is headquartered in Plano, Texas, and has a development studio in Austin, Texas. For more information, please visit www.kingsisle.com
KingsIsle and Wizard101 are trademarks or registered trademarks of KingsIsle Entertainment Inc.