Speculations on the Armada

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
163
I might rethink that if i were you...

Kane:Destroy them.

ME:RUN!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9195
dark angel dstroye... on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
P101's storyline is starting to resemble the history of WW1, andyone else seeing the connections?
I can't believe I missed this post. Yes, the similarities as in one nation with alliances to another nation drags that nation into their conflict?

Ensign
May 31, 2014
29
Fearless Finnagan on Oct 4, 2015 wrote:
By 'I bet I know who would be sent', do you mean that the armada will blackmail us into assassinating Napoleguin?
I would love to take out napoleguin. Wanted to since i first met him. Also, they probably wouldn't need to blackmail me i would work with the armada gladly ... they're awesome -Wolf

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
97
Ahoy there pirates!
Nice ideas Anecorbie! I definitely agree with Lady Elite being Swashbuckler, she looks lethal in the Armada Puppet show! I think that Kingsisle will come out with a sixth class that is very secretive and hidden, sort of like Shadow Magic in Wizard101. Kane will use that school's powers. Also, maybe someone from El Dorado controls the whole Armada!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9195
narnialover1104 on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy there pirates!
Nice ideas Anecorbie! I definitely agree with Lady Elite being Swashbuckler, she looks lethal in the Armada Puppet show! I think that Kingsisle will come out with a sixth class that is very secretive and hidden, sort of like Shadow Magic in Wizard101. Kane will use that school's powers. Also, maybe someone from El Dorado controls the whole Armada!
Thank you for contributing to the thread, Narnialover ( I love Narnia, too ). Since we now have Clandestine Trainers in Devilfish Hollow, I don't believe we will see any new classes of pirate. About your idea that someone in El Dorado controls the Armada; well, that could make some sense as to why Kane is wanting to go there - to remove the "controller", but then we hit a paradox, if they're "controlled" then the "controller" can just order the Armada not to go there, see?

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
113
anecorbie on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:
Thank you for contributing to the thread, Narnialover ( I love Narnia, too ). Since we now have Clandestine Trainers in Devilfish Hollow, I don't believe we will see any new classes of pirate. About your idea that someone in El Dorado controls the Armada; well, that could make some sense as to why Kane is wanting to go there - to remove the "controller", but then we hit a paradox, if they're "controlled" then the "controller" can just order the Armada not to go there, see?
Perhaps the controller wants to use El Dorado as a base of operations. I mean, a world with a stormgate that can pop anywhere in the spiral, the armada would take control of the entire spiral within a few short weeks given the element of surprise of popping into skyways without a stormgate to Valencia alone...with that kind of power, there's even the possibility of the armada taking over wizard city. Now THERE'S, a scary thought.

As a side note, why is the armada even trying? In the fourth b.o.x in w101, where you help Boochbeard and Gandry, you overhear the Maestro, directly telling Deacon that these pirates will free someone who will go on to defeat the armada. If there is a controller Deacon would have reported it to that controller, or if there isn't, then to Kane himself, and the Maestro obviously earned Deacons trust enough to convince him to execute Boochbeard and Gandry, or at least capture them. Why would Deacon not believe him?

Okay, that is all.

The Grin Reaper

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9195
The Grin Reaper on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:
Perhaps the controller wants to use El Dorado as a base of operations. I mean, a world with a stormgate that can pop anywhere in the spiral, the armada would take control of the entire spiral within a few short weeks given the element of surprise of popping into skyways without a stormgate to Valencia alone...with that kind of power, there's even the possibility of the armada taking over wizard city. Now THERE'S, a scary thought.

As a side note, why is the armada even trying? In the fourth b.o.x in w101, where you help Boochbeard and Gandry, you overhear the Maestro, directly telling Deacon that these pirates will free someone who will go on to defeat the armada. If there is a controller Deacon would have reported it to that controller, or if there isn't, then to Kane himself, and the Maestro obviously earned Deacons trust enough to convince him to execute Boochbeard and Gandry, or at least capture them. Why would Deacon not believe him?

Okay, that is all.

The Grin Reaper
"Powers sleep in El Dorado which must not be awakened".
Its not the gold Kane wants. Kane is looking for El Dorado because he perhaps knows what's there and intends to use it to further the "Grand Design".
Will we ever find out what's there before we go? We could have asked Egg Fu Yung, Catbeard or Argos, but no; KI won't let us do something so obvious as to ask a question. How many stories and movies have ended dissasterously because someone has failed to ask a question?

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
90
fearless robert sp... on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
I agree, you took the words outta my mouth XD but i wonder, how could the armada elites be so smart? i mean they are just robots, robots are usually dumb.
The creator of the first armada robot could've programmed them to be that intelligent but then when the clockworks made more, the next robots' programming went haywire (maybe?) and that's how Kane got so intelligent.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
90
Like you said, Anecorbie, in your first post, Phule might've been a Privateer. I think Phule may be a Witchdoctor because I have friends who get from the dungeon (even though you don't battle him) in Marco Pollo's Tomb, Phule's Wand. (It gives you Witch Hunter- plus 1 rank). But I think all your other posts are true, like how Kane would be an Uber class- all classes in one.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
183
In the actual historical tale of El Dorado it turned out El Dorado was mistaken to be a city of gold, when in reality it was a muddy village that when the sun set on the village it looked like gold. El Dorado to me is as fake as Avery's concerns for us.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9195
furborn74 on Dec 12, 2015 wrote:
Like you said, Anecorbie, in your first post, Phule might've been a Privateer. I think Phule may be a Witchdoctor because I have friends who get from the dungeon (even though you don't battle him) in Marco Pollo's Tomb, Phule's Wand. (It gives you Witch Hunter- plus 1 rank). But I think all your other posts are true, like how Kane would be an Uber class- all classes in one.
The wand isn't proof that Phule is a Witchdoctor, every fool or jester carried a similar wand as part of their costume - it was called a "ninny stick". The Armada already has a Witchdoctor Elite, this is Bishop ( my apologies if this is a spoiler for you ). It is redundant to have two Witchdoctors among the Elites.
Phule hasn't yet revealed his class, but he has commanded forces, this indicates to me that he is a Privateer.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
anecorbie on Dec 12, 2015 wrote:
"Powers sleep in El Dorado which must not be awakened".
Its not the gold Kane wants. Kane is looking for El Dorado because he perhaps knows what's there and intends to use it to further the "Grand Design".
Will we ever find out what's there before we go? We could have asked Egg Fu Yung, Catbeard or Argos, but no; KI won't let us do something so obvious as to ask a question. How many stories and movies have ended dissasterously because someone has failed to ask a question?
Indeed yes, the failure to ask a question is a critical plot device in many stories. The Arthurian story of Parsifal revolves around the inexperienced and socially-ignorant Parsifal failing to ask his uncle what ails him, thus requiring the young knight to go on an epic quest to seek the Grail.

Story-wise, as our imaginations fill in the deliberate holes in our pirate's tale, I can not imagine our young pirates fail to ask about El Dorado from those who have been there. We are going to be both naturally curious and desiring to know all we can to prepare ourselves.

Would we be successful? Well, not yet, anyway. The way I see it, fitting into the existing story, Egg Fu Yung would have side-stepped any questions we had. I see Egg as not giving out any information unless it can lead to something that would profit him directly. What about Catbeard (or Argos, too, for privateers)? After all, we will have pleasant evenings in taverns and moments of relaxation or shared watches aboard ship, time enough to ask questions. But such questions may lead to painful or horrific memories that neither Catbeard or Argos are yet ready to share. Catbeard would probably neatly misdirect questions and change topics in a seemingly rambling way; Argos would likely bluntly refuse, though out of affection for his captain soften the refusal into 'another time, perhaps, Captain'.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
anecorbie on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
Ok, this may be off topic, but I began thinking of El Dorado, and everything we've been told about it. "A lost city of solid gold"! Has anyone imagined how massive this city would be? How heavy and what allows it to remain 'afloat' in it's skyway? What if, it's not a city? What if the entire island is a war ship? With the ability to use it's stormgate to go anywhere in the spiral? Wouldn't that make it extremely dangerous and explain why the Armada wants to get it in their possession? Just a stray thought of mine.
Like Laputa.......it was like the chariot of the gods able to transmit fire from the heavens!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
79
Anyone remember me? hehe.

Anyways, after reading the last few pages I wondered. What if, Avery or someone deep within the top Pirates circulation are associated with the Armada, which includes a main story quest including betrayal, which it seems that the Armada are always toe to toe if not higher then us with the race for all the pieces of the map, it seems like they always know what we're up too.

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
79
Or also, what if the Armada wants to go to El Dorado, for the sake that they know there's a power there to connect the two worlds of W101 and P101 (i know, in same spiral. but i mean as in a short cut between the two areas in the spiral) and in such, the Armada can use that shortcut or whatever, to somehow rule over the wizards, and then rule the spiral perhaps?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9195
chiefbuppydoodles on Dec 25, 2015 wrote:
Anyone remember me? hehe.

Anyways, after reading the last few pages I wondered. What if, Avery or someone deep within the top Pirates circulation are associated with the Armada, which includes a main story quest including betrayal, which it seems that the Armada are always toe to toe if not higher then us with the race for all the pieces of the map, it seems like they always know what we're up too.
It's nice to see your name again appearing on the boards, welcome back!
Pirates are nefarious, many would sell their grandmas to get extra gold ( even their grandmas may want to sell their grandkids )! So I wouldn't be at all surprised that the Armada has spies everywhere.

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
79
Anyone think it's possible that the Grand Design is a huge ship that can blow up regions such as Skull Island itself?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9195
chiefbuppydoodles on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:
Anyone think it's possible that the Grand Design is a huge ship that can blow up regions such as Skull Island itself?
A Death Star? But didn't we already have that Star Wars reference?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1363
I don't exactly know who Phule is or what he looks like, but I do know that the Armada is very evil and that they are machines. Captain Avery said not only that Kane is smarter, stronger, and faster than any living being, but also that the Clockworks are heartless, soulless, and ruthless. He also said this:

"...Lost control of their puppets! And they are puppets: Clockworks aren't alive, like you and me. They run on gears and wires; heartless, soulless, and ruthless." You see, one of my biggest speculations is "Who made the Armada?" I'm Level 22 now, and in that same Armada Puppet Show Avery said this, too:

"...Clockworks were invented by some genius in Valencia." All he said about the inventor of the Armada in at least that Puppet Show was they were invented by only "some genius in Valencia". He didn't say who, why, when, how, every one of those w's (even though how is not a w) except for where. I'd really want to know who this "genius in Valencia" is. Don't we all whose level is around 20?

And for those of you (non-members or Pirates below Level 20) that don't know about this Puppet Show, spoiler alert! Deacon is not in charge - I thought he was at first. Deacon is the spymaster of the Armada, not the Commander. Deacon works for the Supreme Commander, and that is Kane. So don't fear (or want to fight, like I do) Deacon as much as Kane, even though Deacon imprisoned you. It was Kane's orders to imprison you, and Deacon and the others actually do the job for Commander Kane. By the way, here's an intercepted Armada letter on this link (still in Pirate101.com).

www.pirate101.com/free_game/armada_letter

There you go! There's your intercepted Armada letter - by Deacon, to Supreme Commander Kane himself!

Thanks and Good Hunting,

- Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 22 Swashbuckler

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1363
sparticus32 on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
I like the armada. they may have killed my parents but you got to respect them, metal ships (all other ships are wooden) giant army and navy, best engineering in the spiral, there able to build things that could blow up islands (they basically have a death star) there troops can go on fighting forever unless they are defeated, its basically useless to fight them over and over for when you destroy one a bunch more come out of the assembly line, they can take over a skyway with ease (when we first get to marlybone for example) they have all the advantages basically. considering how many we've all smashed and put them together its a big number but still puny to there entire army size. really if we defeat Kane, bishop and phule, (possibly the queen) there will be still a ginormous amount left which will take years to clean them out. plus they look pretty cool.

-jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer
Yes, Sparticus32, and they want to take over the Spiral with no place for Pirates! Mr. Nightingale, I think we all want to save our own race of Pirates. I also think we all (even you, Sparticus32) hate the Armada, because of what they did to our parents and to us (imprisoned us) and they tore apart their own city, and are going to tear apart Valencia, and then the Spiral! I have a friend, Dead-eye Nathan Strong, who should meet you because you both like the Armada. And why should you have respect for robots?

If the Armada is your friend, then Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry are your enemies. Yes, the enemy of your friend is your enemy.

Yes, they look very cool, but it doesn't matter what they have, what they look like, or whatnot, but it matters who they're fighting for. If a Clockwork turns to the Resistance to fight against the Armada, then sure! I'd gladly take this Clockwork on my Crew and have him be my Companion First Mate!

And it does seem the bad guys always have the good stuff. By the way, you said they basically have a Death Star (like from Star Wars). Well, guess what happened to the Death Star? Both Death Stars exploded! Yes, exploded. By whom? The Resistance, of course. The Ewaks used little slingshots and things and the Dark Side had Stormtroopers and crazy awesome weaponry, but the Ewaks (and the Rebellion, of course) won!

Thanks, Good Hunting, and may the Resistance live on,

- Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 22 Swashbuckler

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
Anne Radcliffe on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
Indeed yes, the failure to ask a question is a critical plot device in many stories. The Arthurian story of Parsifal revolves around the inexperienced and socially-ignorant Parsifal failing to ask his uncle what ails him, thus requiring the young knight to go on an epic quest to seek the Grail.

Story-wise, as our imaginations fill in the deliberate holes in our pirate's tale, I can not imagine our young pirates fail to ask about El Dorado from those who have been there. We are going to be both naturally curious and desiring to know all we can to prepare ourselves.

Would we be successful? Well, not yet, anyway. The way I see it, fitting into the existing story, Egg Fu Yung would have side-stepped any questions we had. I see Egg as not giving out any information unless it can lead to something that would profit him directly. What about Catbeard (or Argos, too, for privateers)? After all, we will have pleasant evenings in taverns and moments of relaxation or shared watches aboard ship, time enough to ask questions. But such questions may lead to painful or horrific memories that neither Catbeard or Argos are yet ready to share. Catbeard would probably neatly misdirect questions and change topics in a seemingly rambling way; Argos would likely bluntly refuse, though out of affection for his captain soften the refusal into 'another time, perhaps, Captain'.
Blind mew has said only marco pollo knew what was so dangerous at el dorado not his crew so we couldn't ask them

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9195
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jan 10, 2016 wrote:
I don't exactly know who Phule is or what he looks like, but I do know that the Armada is very evil and that they are machines. Captain Avery said not only that Kane is smarter, stronger, and faster than any living being, but also that the Clockworks are heartless, soulless, and ruthless. He also said this:

"...Lost control of their puppets! And they are puppets: Clockworks aren't alive, like you and me. They run on gears and wires; heartless, soulless, and ruthless." You see, one of my biggest speculations is "Who made the Armada?" I'm Level 22 now, and in that same Armada Puppet Show Avery said this, too:

"...Clockworks were invented by some genius in Valencia." All he said about the inventor of the Armada in at least that Puppet Show was they were invented by only "some genius in Valencia". He didn't say who, why, when, how, every one of those w's (even though how is not a w) except for where. I'd really want to know who this "genius in Valencia" is. Don't we all whose level is around 20?

And for those of you (non-members or Pirates below Level 20) that don't know about this Puppet Show, spoiler alert! Deacon is not in charge - I thought he was at first. Deacon is the spymaster of the Armada, not the Commander. Deacon works for the Supreme Commander, and that is Kane. So don't fear (or want to fight, like I do) Deacon as much as Kane, even though Deacon imprisoned you. It was Kane's orders to imprison you, and Deacon and the others actually do the job for Commander Kane. By the way, here's an intercepted Armada letter on this link (still in Pirate101.com).

www.pirate101.com/free_game/armada_letter

There you go! There's your intercepted Armada letter - by Deacon, to Supreme Commander Kane himself!

Thanks and Good Hunting,

- Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 22 Swashbuckler
I love your enthusiasm, Helpful Alura Parker!
Have you gone to Valencia yet? You meet Phule there, in Granchia ( The Tomb of Marco Pollo ).

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
If we go back to the thing on chess I have discovered that Phule is a bishop

Why? So I had his mask on and a peice of clothing looking very much like his outift and my mum walks past (she is Italian) and looks at my character and says, are you the Italian gaurd!

Bishops are also referred to as guards in chess so Phule is supposed to be a gaurd or bishop in the armada's game of chess

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
97
Oh yeah, if there was a controller in El Dorado then they could just order the Armada not to come to El Dorado. About the forces awakening in El Dorado, that's an awesome idea. What if your parents' spirits were in the lost city of gold and their crew was there too? In Aquila, remember how the Eleusinian Guard at the entrance to the Mysteries wiped away our memories of our childhood? Maybe our parents will have to try to awaken our memories!
Sly Fergus lvl 65
Clever Fergus Hawkins lvl 10

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9195
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
If we go back to the thing on chess I have discovered that Phule is a bishop

Why? So I had his mask on and a peice of clothing looking very much like his outift and my mum walks past (she is Italian) and looks at my character and says, are you the Italian gaurd!

Bishops are also referred to as guards in chess so Phule is supposed to be a gaurd or bishop in the armada's game of chess
I guess you missed my post where I discussed that there is a variation of chess called Jester Chess - it's played on a 10 x 10 board with an extra piece called a jester. Look it up, it's very interesting what this piece does.
Jester = fool = Phule.