Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Speculations on the Armada

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy, fellow pirates! I have been reading a lot of posts regarding the nature of the Armada. Whether they are as evil as portrayed, if there is a sentient being actually in control or even if Kane or other clockworks are humans in disguise.
I would like to throw my speculations into the ring. Starting with classes - we know of three of the elite's classes; Deacon was a Musketeer ( now defunct, hurray! ) Bishop is a Witchdoctor, though his 'magic' seems to be technology based, & Rooke is a Buccaneer. That leaves the Lady Elite, Phule and Kane.

I'm guessing that Phule may be a Privateer. I say this for two reasons: he seems to have an imagination, something lacking in the other Elites we've seen. And his 'dual' personality which would allow him to understand his enemy's mental processes. I believe both these aspects are critical for a privateer.

The Lady Elite, I see as a Swashbuckler. She would be deadly, agile and dodgy, have sneak attacks and poisons ( very much like the Countess DeWinter in Dumas' The Three Musketeers ).

Now for Kane - I believe he will be an Uber Class, combining all tricks and cheats from every class. Very suitable for one of whom we are told "Smarter, faster and stronger than any living being."

My Final speculation I state unequvilately: The Armada is Evil, Kane is in full control, The Elite have gained self awareness and intelligence, & there are no humans in disguise.

Feel free to disagree and state your own speculations, I'm eager to hear your views.
Ha ha, very nice ideas my friend. But as much as truth be told, these seem the most accurate except I can see Kane being a privateer that has maxed out increase stats moves, such as like +300 Weapon Power, then the next turn it's like +x3 Critical Rating chance and unimaginable and unfair stuff like that.

Brave Wolf West, King of Cheese Doodles. 65

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
jack morgan933 on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:
Hmm well, this all be great topics & theories fair Anecorbie, but to be honest lass I think we need to figure out their next move concerning the next world and more importantly the next map piece, I be getting the feeling that we be getting into deep water very soon, I just know it.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
He's right, if anything, I believe we need to figure out questions such as the next map piece? Will we find Erica The Red in Grizzleheim or what? I think that's more important for the most of it.

Ensign
Aug 10, 2011
Oh my god, I love this post in so many ways //
I used to think Phule would be witchdoctor based, but now that I think it through, this privateer theory sounds like a great idea! I definitely see Queen as a swashbuckler. But yes, even the gear Phule drops could revolve around witch or privateer.
I love hearing all these armada thoughts, and yours are great ;v;
Dark Gillian Quincy ( aka the armada obsessor who stalks the armada in a million ways like giving Phule a wiki page)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dark Gillian Quinc... on Sep 19, 2014 wrote:
Oh my god, I love this post in so many ways //
I used to think Phule would be witchdoctor based, but now that I think it through, this privateer theory sounds like a great idea! I definitely see Queen as a swashbuckler. But yes, even the gear Phule drops could revolve around witch or privateer.
I love hearing all these armada thoughts, and yours are great ;v;
Dark Gillian Quincy ( aka the armada obsessor who stalks the armada in a million ways like giving Phule a wiki page)
Thank you for your post, Dark Gillian Quincy!

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
It would be awesome if Kane had his own separate class (maybe a Clockwork Class).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Nov 11, 2014 wrote:
It would be awesome if Kane had his own separate class (maybe a Clockwork Class).
That's a very good point, and I've never thought about that! Thanks for your input!

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
I wonder if Kane or any of the Armada have a secret off button like Data did?
Chrissy you are such a spoiler! You just had to say it! Ok so now I THINK that there is a secret off button. I should never have gotten on this thread. Lol

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Ok so lets say we face Kane and Queen/Lady Elite/ Dame in a battle just the two of them versus you and two other companions of yours. Lets say you defeat them both. Kane is completely destroyed, mangled, and beyond help, but Queen seems to be perfectly fine without a scratch, now I am going to go two ways on this the evil way, and the good way.

Lets go with the evil way first. So Queen has obviously had enough of you, and says, "If I can't destroy you in this form, young pirate, then maybe my other one will!" and then it goes into cutscene, and Queen's parts start moving, dismantling, and getting bigger, and Queen turns into the mech version of herself and she looks like she could destroy an entire Aquillan and Marlebonian fleet with just the flick of her wrist. And she then says, "Think you can take me now pirate, yes? Well then your in for a treat." And then you battle her and win.

Now lets go the good way. Queen is on the ground though, and says, "Come to me." and then let's say Bonnie Anne or Ratbeard says, "No! It must be a trap don't Captain." But you do anyways. So you go towards Queen and she starts talking. She explains that she was never with Kanes plan, that she wanted there to be peace and tranquility, and that after you, the pirate, defeated Kane she would take over and be the good ruler Valencia needed. And she might give you a quest or something to somehow reprogram all the Armada soldiers remotely throughout the Spiral and all is well. And then on to the next Ark. Yay!

Catherine Reade
Isabella Reade

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
I see that MOST, not all, but most people have jumped to the conclusion that Queen is evil. Well we have to consider circumstances. Seeing that Deacon and Rooke are a buh bye, tension would be rising in the Armada. Queen or maybe even Phule could possibly turn two faced, even though Phule is two faced and that making him quadruple faced, and abandon Kane. If I were the remaining clockworks in Kane's court I would consider things, well Kane's forces are crumbling, we have lost 2 of our most important court members, and so on and so forth. Queen might already be against Kane, we don't know, but it would make a good twist on things wouldn't it though? Now I ran into the reference to the Bellatrix Lestrange topic on page 6. Now Bellatrix was just deeply devoted to Voldemort, she believed in his cause and would do anything to keep it on its legs. Now I know I said that Queen might be a double-crosser, but now I am leaving that and going to that she is fully devoted. I could see a resemblance between the two women if KI were to make Queen's mechanical personality similar to Bellatrix's personality. Good Day.

Catherine Reade
Isabella Reade

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheHoodooQueen on Nov 23, 2014 wrote:
Ok so lets say we face Kane and Queen/Lady Elite/ Dame in a battle just the two of them versus you and two other companions of yours. Lets say you defeat them both. Kane is completely destroyed, mangled, and beyond help, but Queen seems to be perfectly fine without a scratch, now I am going to go two ways on this the evil way, and the good way.

Lets go with the evil way first. So Queen has obviously had enough of you, and says, "If I can't destroy you in this form, young pirate, then maybe my other one will!" and then it goes into cutscene, and Queen's parts start moving, dismantling, and getting bigger, and Queen turns into the mech version of herself and she looks like she could destroy an entire Aquillan and Marlebonian fleet with just the flick of her wrist. And she then says, "Think you can take me now pirate, yes? Well then your in for a treat." And then you battle her and win.

Now lets go the good way. Queen is on the ground though, and says, "Come to me." and then let's say Bonnie Anne or Ratbeard says, "No! It must be a trap don't Captain." But you do anyways. So you go towards Queen and she starts talking. She explains that she was never with Kanes plan, that she wanted there to be peace and tranquility, and that after you, the pirate, defeated Kane she would take over and be the good ruler Valencia needed. And she might give you a quest or something to somehow reprogram all the Armada soldiers remotely throughout the Spiral and all is well. And then on to the next Ark. Yay!

Catherine Reade
Isabella Reade
That is a very interesting scenario and one I've never imagined, very well done!

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
When people talk about a certain group of things, especially bots, they usually come to the conclusion that if the majority are seen as bad, there is absolutely no chance a single member or more could be good. Remember that robots aren't stereotypical, if you think about it, Old Scratch was our enemy when we first met him, it seemed like he was the stereotypical undead witchdoctor who summoned the dead to do his bidding, but as we got to know him, we found that he wasn't what he seemed at first, this goes the same for Ratbeard, Monkey King and Catbeard, who've all done unforgettable things and are still seen as criminals and villains to some eyes of the spiral, but just because the majority of clockworks are bad, does that mean they are all bad? For example, they say Kane was the first clockwork to be built, but does that necessarily make him a prototype? Whose to say that the prototype clockworks don't hold any good incentive or maybe the queen secretly holds a good side, we know absolutely nothing about her, we don't even know her name, so can we really go to the judgement that if every other clockwork we encountered is bad, she is automatically like the rest of them? All I'm saying is that people and robots alike get treated by how society treats them, remember that Valencia used the clockworks to win their war for them, they built the clockworks and practically forced them into war which could've created a cold hard exterior in each of the clockworks, driving them to the point of belief that they are superior to their creators because their creators abuse their title and force upon the clockworks many responsibilities, I mean if you were created and forced to fight into a war and wasn't taught compassion or incentive by your creators, would you be light-hearted? Just because they are robots doesn't mean they can't change!
I sure hope no one hates me for siding with the clockworks for once. :x

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Noble Tyler Strong on Nov 26, 2014 wrote:
When people talk about a certain group of things, especially bots, they usually come to the conclusion that if the majority are seen as bad, there is absolutely no chance a single member or more could be good. Remember that robots aren't stereotypical, if you think about it, Old Scratch was our enemy when we first met him, it seemed like he was the stereotypical undead witchdoctor who summoned the dead to do his bidding, but as we got to know him, we found that he wasn't what he seemed at first, this goes the same for Ratbeard, Monkey King and Catbeard, who've all done unforgettable things and are still seen as criminals and villains to some eyes of the spiral, but just because the majority of clockworks are bad, does that mean they are all bad? For example, they say Kane was the first clockwork to be built, but does that necessarily make him a prototype? Whose to say that the prototype clockworks don't hold any good incentive or maybe the queen secretly holds a good side, we know absolutely nothing about her, we don't even know her name, so can we really go to the judgement that if every other clockwork we encountered is bad, she is automatically like the rest of them? All I'm saying is that people and robots alike get treated by how society treats them, remember that Valencia used the clockworks to win their war for them, they built the clockworks and practically forced them into war which could've created a cold hard exterior in each of the clockworks, driving them to the point of belief that they are superior to their creators because their creators abuse their title and force upon the clockworks many responsibilities, I mean if you were created and forced to fight into a war and wasn't taught compassion or incentive by your creators, would you be light-hearted? Just because they are robots doesn't mean they can't change!
I sure hope no one hates me for siding with the clockworks for once. :x
Actually, I really like your comments and plea to consider that Armada forces may have individual consciousness. This plea of a common 'humanity' and therefore, making them open to humane treatment, is very interesting to me.
You are what you are taught to be. Also, you learn from what you witness, but that doesn't mean you can't change. Hmm, maybe there's a redemptive path for clockworks?

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
I come back to Pirate101 after a busy time out of the game, dissapointed to no new parts of the game, yet, they give me aton of amazing ideas to read!

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
TheHoodooQueen on Nov 23, 2014 wrote:

Catherine Reade
Isabella Reade
Actually, Blindmew recognized that Valencia is actually ruled by a unicorn king.

And I quote:

"Valencia is a monarchy, run by a unicorn king. Kane is indeed the supreme commander of the Valencian military, and he answers to King Casimir. Anything else you've heard about figureheads or powers behind the throne is nothing but seditious rumor."

Despite this, I really enjoyed reading your theory!
- Jack

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
Yes, exactly, there is something about Valencian steel that can't stand up to the stresses of use. Or perhaps there is a 'command word' or code that will give us control of Kane? If I remember how the message went it was - "I know how to stop Kane! Seek out Cagliostro. G."
So when we go to Valencia, we must find Cagliostro. Does he/she tell us more about the Armada? I'm sure they will tell us who the Toymaker is, and where he is. So the second part of our mission is to bust the Toymaker out of his prison and get him to safety ( the Resistance? ) while fighting hordes of clockworks and maybe an Elite or two! Maybe even get a glimpse of Kane himself!
Who is (or was) Cagliostro?:
The character Cagliostro is most likely based off of Alessandro Cagliostro, an Italian adventurer.

His Skills and Livelihood:
Alessandro Cagliostro was known for his ability to forge letters and scam people into buying fake Egyptian jewelry (which he claimed to have magical properties) and paintings.

The Woes of Cagliostro:
He was once kept in the Bastille for nine months for allegedly taking part in the Affair of the Diamond necklace. He also ran into trouble with the Inquisition (which later led to his demise)

History to P101:
According to this information, Cagliostro has ties to Valencia (he was an Italian explorer), Krokotopia (he sold fake Egyptian jewelry), Polaris (the Affair of the Diamond and the Bastille), and Monquista (the Inquisition).

Speculations:
Perhaps this is how we will get to Polaris. As for his significance to defeating Kane, I am not sure.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:
'Ballerinas of Death'! I know from previous posts that you are a fan of ballet. Of course you have noticed that they stand in third position, and pirouette in their attacks. They even 'die' in the standard 'lay down to sleep' used in Swan Lake, for example.
I hope KI doesn't make our pirates so gullible as to trust either Dame or Phule; as some players hope that they could be allies!
And no, you're not weird to be enjoying Shakespeare Although for songs, I prefer either "Sigh no More Ladies" or "It was a Lover and his Lass"
With a Hey Nonny Nonny!

post edit - sorry, you used the word 'Doom', not death!
How did I not see this post until now? Well, it has been a very busy handful of months, I suppose. And while this has nothing to do with speculations on the Armada, I do want to praise the KI team here for a subtle nod to history (and boy do they know their history well!). I find it delightful that those deadly 'Angels' (ballerinas of doom or death, one tends to follow the other ) stand in third position -- which is the dance position used in the 17th & 18th C. where we might use fifth position today! It's a formal dance position, graceful but not the full 'turn out' of modern ballet. I know I'm blathering on about history, and Pirate101 is a fantasy game not a historical one... but I do so enjoy these lovely details that give a fine grounding to the game.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy, fellow pirates! I have been reading a lot of posts regarding the nature of the Armada. Whether they are as evil as portrayed, if there is a sentient being actually in control or even if Kane or other clockworks are humans in disguise.
I would like to throw my speculations into the ring. Starting with classes - we know of three of the elite's classes; Deacon was a Musketeer ( now defunct, hurray! ) Bishop is a Witchdoctor, though his 'magic' seems to be technology based, & Rooke is a Buccaneer. That leaves the Lady Elite, Phule and Kane.

I'm guessing that Phule may be a Privateer. I say this for two reasons: he seems to have an imagination, something lacking in the other Elites we've seen. And his 'dual' personality which would allow him to understand his enemy's mental processes. I believe both these aspects are critical for a privateer.

The Lady Elite, I see as a Swashbuckler. She would be deadly, agile and dodgy, have sneak attacks and poisons ( very much like the Countess DeWinter in Dumas' The Three Musketeers ).

Now for Kane - I believe he will be an Uber Class, combining all tricks and cheats from every class. Very suitable for one of whom we are told "Smarter, faster and stronger than any living being."

My Final speculation I state unequvilately: The Armada is Evil, Kane is in full control, The Elite have gained self awareness and intelligence, & there are no humans in disguise.

Feel free to disagree and state your own speculations, I'm eager to hear your views.
Kane was the first, suffice to say there might be more magic then machinery to him. The Spiral has countless spells, curses, enchanted items, etc. etc. etc... Maybe he was the lost conciousness of an anchient king buried inside of him, and that's why he's so determined to unite the spiral under his command. I can see it, a cursed king of a lost empire that many magicians had to band together to defeat (the anti-magic law), and sealed him into some part along with his advisers and possibly the queen.
Have you noticed that the elite Armada units seem to be a bit more human? Regular Armada people are like robots and, to me, sound like robots. The leaderstalk like they are alive in a way that no machine could ever reproduce.

My idea.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
noahdd on Jan 11, 2015 wrote:
Kane was the first, suffice to say there might be more magic then machinery to him. The Spiral has countless spells, curses, enchanted items, etc. etc. etc... Maybe he was the lost conciousness of an anchient king buried inside of him, and that's why he's so determined to unite the spiral under his command. I can see it, a cursed king of a lost empire that many magicians had to band together to defeat (the anti-magic law), and sealed him into some part along with his advisers and possibly the queen.
Have you noticed that the elite Armada units seem to be a bit more human? Regular Armada people are like robots and, to me, sound like robots. The leaderstalk like they are alive in a way that no machine could ever reproduce.

My idea.
Perhaps because Kane came directly from the hand of his creator, the mysterious 'G'; he has a bit more simulated human emotions. After all, as Supreme Leader, he would also have to talk to the ruling nobles as well as command the Unicorn forces in Valencia ( for who was in command before the Armada was built? ).
As to the Elites, did 'G' create them or Kane?
Their emotions seem one sided ( except Phule, and I've already addressed my ideas on him ). Deacon - cold & calculating, Rook - raging, tough, a real bully type and Bishop - nerdy, scientific ( conflict is 'wasteful' only in that it keeps him from his experiments. )
A cursed spirit is an interesting speculation and one I must say didn't cross my mind.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Jan 11, 2015 wrote:
The character Cagliostro is most likely based off of Alessandro Cagliostro, an Italian adventurer.

Alessandro Cagliostro was known for his ability to forge letters and scam people into buying fake Egyptian jewelry (which he claimed to have magical properties) and paintings.

The Woes of Cagliostro:
He was once kept in the Bastille for nine months for allegedly taking part in the Affair of the Diamond necklace. He also ran into trouble with the Inquisition (which later led to his demise)

History to P101:
According to this information, Cagliostro has ties to Valencia (he was an Italian explorer), Krokotopia (he sold fake Egyptian jewelry), Polaris (the Affair of the Diamond and the Bastille), and Monquista (the Inquisition).

Speculations:
Perhaps this is how we will get to Polaris. As for his significance to defeating Kane, I am not sure.
Now that is some interesting research, Monsieur Jack! And by the Affair of the Diamond Necklace, do you mean that that instance where the queen of France gets all silly about the English Duke of Buckingham, a debacle that fictionally sets in motion the primary plot of The Three Musketeers? Now isn't that an interesting tidbit... I wonder how it connects to Pirate101... very curious indeed!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Jan 11, 2015 wrote:

The Woes of Cagliostro:

History to P101:

Speculations:
Oh Bravo ( claps enthusiastically ) well done! You get my reward for the best stated speculation in the post!

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
I feel that the Armada is based off of the spanish armada who were beaten by the British in 1589

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
I believe the armada is based off of the spanish armada who were beaten by the British in 1592 on a raid in spain and Valencia is a real city in spain.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Merciless Mark Jen... on Jan 14, 2015 wrote:
I feel that the Armada is based off of the spanish armada who were beaten by the British in 1589
The first Armada ( The Invincible ) was an attempt to invade England ( it didn't become Britain until 1604 ).
Poor planning, bad weather and the determined defense by the English drove off this attempt in 1589.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
True very true. But using this info I perdict that the Armada will finally be defeated by Marleybone in a later update.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 14, 2015 wrote:
The first Armada ( The Invincible ) was an attempt to invade England ( it didn't become Britain until 1604 ).
Poor planning, bad weather and the determined defense by the English drove off this attempt in 1589.
You know, it has always been said in my family that the English witches, and celtic druids helped a lot by brewing up the storm that forced the Spanish to sail north around Scotland and along the Irish coast (where many of the ships ran aground and were captured by local townsfolk) instead of simply sailing south to safety.