Privateers overpowered in a team fight?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 28, 2013
39
Quick Mycin Ashbur... on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
Ok, so me and friend organized a 4v4 last night choosing our own friends. I rounded up a all privateer team, while he brought a wd,( witch doctor ) swashbuckler, himself a musketeer, and a privateer. ( were all lvl 50 ) We dominated the match. It was no challenge, we buffed our companions to the sky. The one privateer on there team just could not compete with us.

Thats when the arguing started. My friend dared to say "privateers need to be extremley nerfed". He even went so far preach his opinion on why KI should change something about privateers buffs in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 combat specificly.We argued the entire match, of course we won, but he made excused about how "your barrage spells are overpowered, its infinite range can hit us at the beggining of the match"! I responded saying "with there weak damage, its completely fair". He complained about our critical buff as well, and our absorb spell. He did have some good points though. An all privateer team is fierce.

The only drawback to an all privateer team is its damage. Although we have buffs, we sadly have no direct damage buffs. ( critical buff doesnt count cause its not a direct damage buff, and i'm not gonna count the will buff ) It would be nice to have a, say, plus 25% glove fist damage for 5 turns to all companions close to you. That would be a great series.

Anyway, I think a all privateer team is overpowered at all. We are basically short 4 people cause we dont attack. But I know in the future, people are going it complain about us. People complained about life wizards in w101, I'm sure it wont be any different here. I just hope KI doesnt look to close into the nerf button.

On a side note, What class do you think is at the top of the food chain in pvp?

1.Musketeers. There obstacles are annoying, and they can trap you in bombs. And KI said they might make them invisible.....can you imagine? There range poweres are nothing but good, They deserve the nuber 1 spot.

2. Swashbucklers. There damage is just so much. There low health and armor/ resistance makes them very easy to kill though.

3.Privateers. There not the best in a 1v1, so i put them here. Our buffs are nothing but amazing, but have easily exploited weaknesses. Kill, one companion, we just lost 1/3 of our damage dealing.

4.Witchdoctors. Witch doctors are good and all, but i seem to defeat them easily. I usually just go full on attack on there avatar, and thats that. It might be cause i'm privateer, I need to do more research on this school.

5. Buccaneers. You guessed it, buccaneers. I could right an entire post about why there at the bottom of the food chain. They have VERY exploit-able weaknesses make them easily defeated. It would help if that had an aoe, I have some good ideas for them that I might post in A later topic.

My $800,000,000, Quick mycin ashburn.
Not that this applies to anything, but I think Bucc > Swash at LEAST because Bucc tanks Swash hits and gets to attack with Vengence Strike. and since swash has low health, I think we all know who would fall first. and i'm not just saying that 'cuz I am one.

Leo, Lvl 65
Trustworthy Cody, Lvl 11
Flint Jones, Lvl 7

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
288
Buccaneer Supreme on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
Not that this applies to anything, but I think Bucc > Swash at LEAST because Bucc tanks Swash hits and gets to attack with Vengence Strike. and since swash has low health, I think we all know who would fall first. and i'm not just saying that 'cuz I am one.

Leo, Lvl 65
Trustworthy Cody, Lvl 11
Flint Jones, Lvl 7
Swash is the only class that can beat bucc, and that does it the most. "Tanking" is nothing when you're hit with our magical poison and bleeding damage. Of course, strategy and everything is taken to account but swashbucklers generally beat buccaeneers more.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
233
Buccaneer Supreme on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
Not that this applies to anything, but I think Bucc > Swash at LEAST because Bucc tanks Swash hits and gets to attack with Vengence Strike. and since swash has low health, I think we all know who would fall first. and i'm not just saying that 'cuz I am one.

Leo, Lvl 65
Trustworthy Cody, Lvl 11
Flint Jones, Lvl 7
Ya gotta consider their dodge. Their dodge gives them the advantage in that sometimes the Buccaneer may miss a Vengeance Strike, therefore losing one Vengeance strike trigger for that round.

However, that was off topic, let's keep it focused on Privateers

Ensign
Feb 09, 2013
4
Quick Mycin Ashbur... on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
Ok, so me and friend organized a 4v4 last night choosing our own friends. I rounded up a all privateer team, while he brought a wd,( witch doctor ) swashbuckler, himself a musketeer, and a privateer. ( were all lvl 50 ) We dominated the match. It was no challenge, we buffed our companions to the sky. The one privateer on there team just could not compete with us.

Thats when the arguing started. My friend dared to say "privateers need to be extremley nerfed". He even went so far preach his opinion on why KI should change something about privateers buffs in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 combat specificly.We argued the entire match, of course we won, but he made excused about how "your barrage spells are overpowered, its infinite range can hit us at the beggining of the match"! I responded saying "with there weak damage, its completely fair". He complained about our critical buff as well, and our absorb spell. He did have some good points though. An all privateer team is fierce.

The only drawback to an all privateer team is its damage. Although we have buffs, we sadly have no direct damage buffs. ( critical buff doesnt count cause its not a direct damage buff, and i'm not gonna count the will buff ) It would be nice to have a, say, plus 25% glove fist damage for 5 turns to all companions close to you. That would be a great series.

Anyway, I think a all privateer team is overpowered at all. We are basically short 4 people cause we dont attack. But I know in the future, people are going it complain about us. People complained about life wizards in w101, I'm sure it wont be any different here. I just hope KI doesnt look to close into the nerf button.

On a side note, What class do you think is at the top of the food chain in pvp?

1.Musketeers. There obstacles are annoying, and they can trap you in bombs. And KI said they might make them invisible.....can you imagine? There range poweres are nothing but good, They deserve the nuber 1 spot.

2. Swashbucklers. There damage is just so much. There low health and armor/ resistance makes them very easy to kill though.

3.Privateers. There not the best in a 1v1, so i put them here. Our buffs are nothing but amazing, but have easily exploited weaknesses. Kill, one companion, we just lost 1/3 of our damage dealing.

4.Witchdoctors. Witch doctors are good and all, but i seem to defeat them easily. I usually just go full on attack on there avatar, and thats that. It might be cause i'm privateer, I need to do more research on this school.

5. Buccaneers. You guessed it, buccaneers. I could right an entire post about why there at the bottom of the food chain. They have VERY exploit-able weaknesses make them easily defeated. It would help if that had an aoe, I have some good ideas for them that I might post in A later topic.

My $800,000,000, Quick mycin ashburn.
My reply is buccaneers are op I admit, and also a privateer can have over too hundreds dodge so musketeers can not compete with that. Swashbucklers think they are op but try again I beat swashbucklers all the time. Their dodge wont matter to me and once my buffs run out all of their companions are dead. And on the musketeer topic the cant trap you if your smart. their traps are not to even trap you they are to slow you down. Musketeers are very good at the beginning of the match. Then only swashbucklers get killed by the musketeers accuracy. Mental note I know why buccaneers are under powered. First off is their accuracy de buff. What is the point if your main epic is vengeance strike. And buccaneers are mainly the only class who end up using their base attack. so it kinda pointless. Oh and on the witchdoctor note they have the highest damage. That was just my reply to your quote

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
233
bulls eye musketee... on Jul 26, 2014 wrote:
My reply is buccaneers are op I admit, and also a privateer can have over too hundreds dodge so musketeers can not compete with that. Swashbucklers think they are op but try again I beat swashbucklers all the time. Their dodge wont matter to me and once my buffs run out all of their companions are dead. And on the musketeer topic the cant trap you if your smart. their traps are not to even trap you they are to slow you down. Musketeers are very good at the beginning of the match. Then only swashbucklers get killed by the musketeers accuracy. Mental note I know why buccaneers are under powered. First off is their accuracy de buff. What is the point if your main epic is vengeance strike. And buccaneers are mainly the only class who end up using their base attack. so it kinda pointless. Oh and on the witchdoctor note they have the highest damage. That was just my reply to your quote
In terms of the last point, the accuracy debuff is not only meant to be against melee units. They are very useful against enemy muskets and Witchdoctors, more specifically the companions. That debuff pretty much shuts their chances of hitting you down, for the most part. In terms of being the only class who end up using their base attack, Buccaneers can farm for no auction gear which can grant them multiple powers, those that can include the sneak attacks and more buccaneer strikes.

Commodore
Jul 07, 2013
960
Any class can beat any other class if they use a good strategy. Don't you guys get tired of these types of arguments? Really it's getting old. Sometimes you have to accept that no matter what there will sometimes be somebody who can beat you. Its how you use your skills that makes you powerful. Learn how to use your skills and the best times to and you can be strong.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
208
DeathWiz101378 on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
Swash is the only class that can beat bucc, and that does it the most. "Tanking" is nothing when you're hit with our magical poison and bleeding damage. Of course, strategy and everything is taken to account but swashbucklers generally beat buccaeneers more.
Except by the time you poison/backstab us, we've already backstabbed you and basically mobbed you with all of our companions, not to mention using the goggles that give debuff all.

Lieutenant
Nov 04, 2012
109
Who Cares what class is better each class has strengths and weaknesses.
: uses lots of strength, but has lack of Health
: uses lots of range, but not as great in buffs because agility isn't that important
:Uses a lot of Healing and shields but not as great in Epics
:Stealthy and sneaky but not as high health or accuracy
: Good with summoning and range but lacks of strength
so stop saying "Oh this class is better. No this one is". its annoying