Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateers overpowered in a team fight?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
Blixet on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
i hate to perpetuate something that is becoming such a controversial point, but i feel my input may be worthwhile.

im a maxed swashbuckler, so i will use myself as an example, although i'm not the only that faces this problem. so, here goes: privateer is, without a doubt, in the hands of a competent person, overpowered. i'm not saying if you lose as a privateer your incompetent, just that you haven't realized what its all about. privateer can heal (hugely) defend (hugely) boost accuracy and dodge (vastly) and critical rates as well. (i don't know to what extent). plus, they have epic gear, which often makes up for there lacking in regular stats and abilities, not to mention a noticeably wider variety of companions to choose from. this makes a foursome of privateers, with good companions, at a high enough level, almost indomitable. on another note, and i am just speaking for swashbucklers now, not all of our abilities work 100% of the time. heck, the third tier of poison is no different from the second, and gambit of steel is indistinguishable from dance of steel. what im saying is that maybe privateers base stats can be boosted, and their abilities toned down a little, eh?

- Matthew Walker, level 65
Totally agree
Our gambit of steel is only semi-useful in PvE; the third tier poison has a bug in it. Gambit of steel is essentially the same as dance of steel except that it triggers epics (like vengeance strike and first strike).

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Privateers are overpowered in team fights. Think of one privateer in a 1v1. 2 Accuracy/Dodge buffs. 2 Critical buffs. 3Shielding options. 6 Heals. Then, multiply that by four. 8Accuracy buffs providing a 300% Accuracy/Dodge boost, and if they all bring an el toro thats 400%. 8 Critical buffs (If used together they have a +12 critical chance for 5 rounds) (+4 after that). Then there's the 24 heals (12 single, 12 group) which is literally unstopable. The only downside is that they'd barely deal damage, but with a privateer having access to 3 assassin's strikes, thats 12 assassin's strikes in for a group. Oh My goodness that is "OP".
I hope nobody uses that stratergy, it's pure madness

And for the best class list, i think it goes somewhat like this.
1. Privateers. Their critical buffs stacked are overpowered, especially when they can obtain 3 assassin's strikes. Valor's armor is a bummer, that'll shield around 1,000-1,500 damage. Valor's fortress will half all your damage, causing you to think twice. Plus, if they bring an el toro they have a boost of 75% Dodge and 100% accuracy (Call to arms)
2. Witchdoctors: Mojo storms, charms and Mojo reavers, not to mention their infinite range attacks can remove half your health before you move a step.
3/4. Swashbucklers and Musketeers. Both of these classes seem kinda even, musketeers have crazy aoe's like hurricane round, inferno shot, plus they can make your dodge almost nothing when they use their uncanny shot. Swashbucklers have epic damage (i've once used a back stab, epic critical with a smashy weapon and it hit pepe for 1286 damage. A back stab, not even assassin's strike.) If a swash is lucky enough to get a hidden, epic critical assassin's strike on one of your musk/witch/swash companions, they're done for. Plus they can prevent healing with a poison, and your melee units (el toro, hawkules, goronado) are completely useless against them.
Buccaneers. Weak, reckless frenzy misses, good defense but cant hit anything.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
DeathWiz101378 on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
Privateers are overpowered in team fights. Think of one privateer in a 1v1. 2 Accuracy/Dodge buffs. 2 Critical buffs. 3Shielding options. 6 Heals. Then, multiply that by four. 8Accuracy buffs providing a 300% Accuracy/Dodge boost, and if they all bring an el toro thats 400%. 8 Critical buffs (If used together they have a +12 critical chance for 5 rounds) (+4 after that). Then there's the 24 heals (12 single, 12 group) which is literally unstopable. The only downside is that they'd barely deal damage, but with a privateer having access to 3 assassin's strikes, thats 12 assassin's strikes in for a group. Oh My goodness that is "OP".

1. Privateers. Their critical buffs stacked are overpowered, especially when they can obtain 3 assassin's strikes. Valor's armor is a bummer, that'll shield around 1,000-1,500 damage. Valor's fortress will half all your damage, causing you to think twice. Plus, if they bring an el toro they have a boost of 75% Dodge and 100% accuracy (Call to arms)
2. Witchdoctors: Mojo storms, charms and Mojo reavers, not to mention their infinite range attacks can remove half your health before you move a step.
3/4. Swashbucklers and Musketeers. Both of these classes seem kinda even, musketeers have crazy aoe's like hurricane round, inferno shot, plus they can make your dodge almost nothing when they use their uncanny shot. Swashbucklers have epic damage (i've once used a back stab, epic critical with a smashy weapon and it hit pepe for 1286 damage. A back stab, not even assassin's strike.) If a swash is lucky enough to get a hidden, epic critical assassin's strike on one of your musk/witch/swash companions, they're done for. Plus they can prevent healing with a poison, and your melee units (el toro, hawkules, goronado) are completely useless against them.
for clan matches there is a rule for no more then 2 pirates from one class so that strategy cant work when fights actually matter

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
zuto4011a on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
for clan matches there is a rule for no more then 2 pirates from one class so that strategy cant work when fights actually matter
I understand that clan matches dont allow more than 2 privateers or 2 of any class , but in this case the original post (I think that stands for OP) was referring to a random fight his/her friend created , not a clan match.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009

I get where you're going with the privy powers and stuff, and I have to agree with ya, privy do have a lot of powers. But that doesnt mean they can't be beaten. Powers are not affected by dodge or accuracy. Privy can boost critical, but there's always a strategy behind avoiding heavy damage, although I won't tell it myself. However, your sorting of class seems based entirely on observations, not reality. For me, I can't sort classes in any order because each class can topple the other classes in some way. So saying buccaneers are weak seems to be a biased statement, probably because your buccaneer wasnt too successful, or maybe you defeat some of the easier ones, who knows? But you can't really declare any class "OP" or "Weak" simply because of their strong points and weak points. I would go on on how some of your thoughts on each class seem too centered, but this topic is about Privateers so I'll leave it at that.

( Sorry for the minor grammar errors, jittery hands after using the leaf blower )

Captain
Oct 26, 2012

I have a friend named Tasha. Tasha has 4 classes () on the current maximum level of 65. I know because I added every one of her classes. She wins 90% of PvP matches on any account. Listen to what she said because she is mighty experienced.

Yesterday she was on her account. She was doing the labyrinth with another high leveled . She was astonsihed at the power of 2 privateers. She was awestruck that almost every hit from her or her companions was usually 1000+. This was with 2 . She constantly texted me saying that "the damage was over the roof". She also mentioned she did not particually enjoy the power she had. The reason why this happened? I am pretty sure DeathWiz summed it up. This was only with 2 privateers. 4 would be chaos.

In my mind, are already the best class. Surviving 10 rounds of critical damage + another 4 is trauma for most other classes. Only the best of the best can survive. Now going against 4 of them is impossible.

My worst PvP experience against 2 privateers:
So it was me a max and another smart . I thought it would be fair. However our 50% dodge and accuracy increase with both our El Toro companions was only matched by just 1 of thier battle zeal. They decided to do every dodge and accuracy buff (even thier el toro) before attacking. So what do we have now?

My Team: 50% dodge and accuracy for 10 turns.
Thier Team: 175% accuracy and 150% dodge for a long time.

Ok so now what? Thier disicilpine has been activated. My bonnie could not do much as my sarah steele suffered under the 3 rows of EPIC relentless hits of argos. 500, 750, 750. Nothing I could do about it. I was relieved when the discipline wore out. And then the other privateer decided to activate his.

Suprisingly me and the almost killed 2 of the privateer units (Argos+Some guy I forgot). But a few epic heals brought them back to full health.

And then the battle ended with the charging up and killing me with the deadliest spell belonging to swashbucklers: the assassin strike at epic level with an axe of minotaur lords.

______________________________________________________________________________________
I would like the class to be immune from anything except zeena fires and musketeer traps when hidden. Being bombed siginificantly makes us lose damage, and we are the damage class after all.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
Golden Guardian on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
I have a friend named Tasha. Tasha has 4 classes () on the current maximum level of 65. I know because I added every one of her classes. She wins 90% of PvP matches on any account. Listen to what she said because she is mighty experienced.

Yesterday she was on her account. She was doing the labyrinth with another high leveled . She was astonsihed at the power of 2 privateers. She was awestruck that almost every hit from her or her companions was usually 1000+. This was with 2 . She constantly texted me saying that "the damage was over the roof". She also mentioned she did not particually enjoy the power she had. The reason why this happened? I am pretty sure DeathWiz summed it up. This was only with 2 privateers. 4 would be chaos.

In my mind, are already the best class. Surviving 10 rounds of critical damage + another 4 is trauma for most other classes. Only the best of the best can survive. Now going against 4 of them is impossible.

My worst PvP experience against 2 privateers:
So it was me a max and another smart . I thought it would be fair. However our 50% dodge and accuracy increase with both our El Toro companions was only matched by just 1 of thier battle zeal. They decided to do every dodge and accuracy buff (even thier el toro) before attacking. So what do we have now?

My Team: 50% dodge and accuracy for 10 turns.
Thier Team: 175% accuracy and 150% dodge for a long time.

Ok so now what? Thier disicilpine has been activated. My bonnie could not do much as my sarah steele suffered under the 3 rows of EPIC relentless hits of argos. 500, 750, 750. Nothing I could do about it. I was relieved when the discipline wore out. And then the other privateer decided to activate his.

Suprisingly me and the almost killed 2 of the privateer units (Argos+Some guy I forgot). But a few epic heals brought them back to full health.

And then the battle ended with the charging up and killing me with the deadliest spell belonging to swashbucklers: the assassin strike at epic level with an axe of minotaur lords.

______________________________________________________________________________________
I would like the class to be immune from anything except zeena fires and musketeer traps when hidden. Being bombed siginificantly makes us lose damage, and we are the damage class after all.
I totally agree; however, I just don't do team matches against privateers. If I do, I insist on their being an even number of privateers on each team.

I'm okay at handling privateers alone in 1v1 as I waste their buffs by trapping them in a circle of zeena's fire, but I get rather annoyed at the way they do 1600+ damage every time they swing their minotaur's axe at me with an assassin's strike. And three times! ( Like really? Do privateers really need assassin's strike, I mean, the entire class is meant for BUFFING, not ATTACKING. -_-

I created a girl privateer a few weeks ago and it's now level 16 ( I don't play much on it), but nothing stands in my way with my Discipline. Even the lowliest companion becomes a well-oiled war machine, and the best ones mow down even major bosses in one or two turns (given they have riposte, vengeance, relentless, or burst fire).

Lawrence Windlass, Level 65
Hannah Nightinggale, Level 16
my baby classes:
Blaze, Level 9
Level 7
Level4

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Personally, I find Privateers the most formidable opponents in group PvP for obvious reasons. It takes a while for the class to truly shine, but the benefits are well worth the wait (though I personally am more at home playing around with Omar and Alexander). However, the playing field will probably level out once PvP evolves. I find that you should either kill them first or save them for last.
However, I do not believe any cuts in their powers are necessary, but there cold be some balancing out. There has recently been a rise of Group Powers in the other classes like Overwatch and Burst Fire for Musketeers and Haste for Buccaneers. These I find most useful against Privateers because it plays at they own game. Consider it a Repost to the Privateer team powers without being out of the Class Theme.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Hmm... how about this idea.
Privateers are a defensive class right? They're not meant to attack at all, really.
So why should their buffs benifit themselves?
Here's what i'm thinking: Privateer buffs only affect their companions, and in pvp everybody except them (on the privateers team).
It's quite fair, because as a privateer can get 3 assassin's strikes with increased damage and higher critical chance, they'll crit and deal more damage than other classes' strongest attack.
It's not making things "unfair" because KingsIsle has given us the implication that privateers are a defensive class, so why should they get over 450 dodge with elusive 3 and all their buffs? I think that is op.
Just to clarify, everybody except a privateer will take benifit from their buffs, which makes them easier to kill and less "op".
I hope this isn't too extreme but it's needed. Privateers are dominating 1v1 pvp, not even mentioning an "all privateer" team fight.
And also, they can still shield themselves, but their single target heals will only heal half it's usual on themselves. This is a good idea as they rely on their companions and wont need to heal themselves since they have better defences than buccaneers. Yes, this will be difficult to establish in pve, but in pvp it makes them less "op".
And also, take away assassin's strikes from their gear. I think it would be fair if only swashbucklers could use it, i mean buccs and privateers are dealing more damage than swash's with it.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 42

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
I think it's rather unfair of your idea to downgrade Privateers simply because they are difficult to defeat in a PVP match. That would definitely be unfair to every single Privateer who doesn't PVP. Losing the ability to buff themselves would kill the point in them actually using a weapon. Same goes for taking away the assassin strikes from Privateers. If you can't hit as hard with an Assassin Strike, perhaps you need to look over your Agility stat or whichever stat your weapon uses, that determines whether you'll hit harder or not.

And as many people always say, if ya can't beat em, join em.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Gruesome Richard on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
I think it's rather unfair of your idea to downgrade Privateers simply because they are difficult to defeat in a PVP match. That would definitely be unfair to every single Privateer who doesn't PVP. Losing the ability to buff themselves would kill the point in them actually using a weapon. Same goes for taking away the assassin strikes from Privateers. If you can't hit as hard with an Assassin Strike, perhaps you need to look over your Agility stat or whichever stat your weapon uses, that determines whether you'll hit harder or not.

And as many people always say, if ya can't beat em, join em.
I agree, maybe the changes i listed should only apply in pvp and not pve? But the assassin's strike thing should work out, i mean it's practically swash's best move. Privateers best move, is debatably valor's armor. How many can swash get? 1. And it's a level 15 piece of gear, but privateers get 4 copies of our best move. Where's the fairness in that? And they're meant to be the weakest class in attacking, yet they do the exact same amount of damage as me (a max swashbuckler) with a critical assassin's strike.

Yeah, the phrase "If ya can't beat em, join em" comes to mind but my level 22 privateer doesn't agree with this, he says i should train a witchdoctor

Merciless Jean Percy 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey 53

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DeathWiz101378 on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
I agree, maybe the changes i listed should only apply in pvp and not pve? But the assassin's strike thing should work out, i mean it's practically swash's best move. Privateers best move, is debatably valor's armor. How many can swash get? 1. And it's a level 15 piece of gear, but privateers get 4 copies of our best move. Where's the fairness in that? And they're meant to be the weakest class in attacking, yet they do the exact same amount of damage as me (a max swashbuckler) with a critical assassin's strike.

Yeah, the phrase "If ya can't beat em, join em" comes to mind but my level 22 privateer doesn't agree with this, he says i should train a witchdoctor

Merciless Jean Percy 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey 53
Lol that is only because your privateer is just a bit on the young side. He will buff up really soon. There is lots of stuff you can farm for him also to buff him up even before he would normally train for some things.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
fireblade745 on Sep 18, 2013 wrote:
Ok your completley wrong buccaneers can easily woop musketeers.
i dont know if you have seen the update but Leviathan's Call can block 50% of shooty weopons and reckless frenzy has you beat, musketeers are complete bait for that
My food chain
1.buccaneers we have defenses agiants most classes now and reckless frenzy is over powerd when combined with Leviathan's Call.
2.swashbucklers they do scary damage but have weak health and armor,luck
3.priveteers. have so many buffs which can make them very powerfull
4.musketeers I like threre abilitys but i feel are weak to to many classes like.

5witchdocters. like them think there really strong but id play wizard101 if i wanted to use spells
So you are saying Are the weakest class.
We'll play it all the way through
With the right gear and everything.
Can not be taken advantage of
My Is op

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Oh My Gosh this topics has been covered a lot. Haha Yes, Privateers are BAWWSS. Even though they seem weak at first glance, they will conquer all other classes. That is all.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Hey I'm a lvl 26 withcdoctor
Way I see it withcdoctor are overpowered I can summon troops onto the battlefield and I could just use my long range attacks sucks as ghostwail to take them down and I can teleport
With a lvl 50. Withdoctor it should be easy to have high will and get close to privateer they probably used a staff never use a staff you always fizzle I use the best damaging weapon I can find then get clothes that go with the attribute and they usually come with heaps of health so with strategy you can defeat privateer easily if every withcdoctor played like me privateer would go get second withcdoctor first if people used there practice ponies right
Honest darius Oswald lvl 26
Perilous Alexander usher lvl 11

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Privateers get to CHOOSE if they want 4 assassin strikes, we still have to work for it. And don't forget that the other classes can get a variety of different useful moves, not just Privateers. You can't glorify Privateers so much as to make them seem like KI only focuses on them. I know Swashbucklers have a variety of gear which gives them useful powers, such as Leviathans Call, which can actually help in halving the damage when fighting a Privateer in PVP. And my own musket, who is at level 42, can get 3 Valor Armor powers, which is pretty useful in taking heavy damage. It is true Privateers have a lot of buffs, but that's why KI has been working on the other classes. And also @GoldenGuardian, those damages aren't really much of an achievement, I always do that much damage in many consecutive turns on solo runs in the Labyrinth with my Buccaneer, it isn't that hard. And don't Swashbucklers have a power to prevent enemies from healing? I'm not sure if I can clarify that, but you could use it to your advantage.

I can see from your stories Privateers seem to have a big advantage when it comes to PVP so hopefully they can fix the PVP system, but not downgrade Privateers and their powers because not all Privateers PVP, I know I don't.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
ok, gruesome richard, the heal stopping thing SB's have is bugged, so it doesnt work.

anyway, privateers are probably a bit op in team fights. especially with the shield and critical abilities. in a team fight though, now thats a nightmare. and a whole team of privateers? forget it.

65 Swashbuckler Matthew Walker

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Gruesome Richard on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
Privateers get to CHOOSE if they want 4 assassin strikes, we still have to work for it. And don't forget that the other classes can get a variety of different useful moves, not just Privateers. You can't glorify Privateers so much as to make them seem like KI only focuses on them. I know Swashbucklers have a variety of gear which gives them useful powers, such as Leviathans Call, which can actually help in halving the damage when fighting a Privateer in PVP. And my own musket, who is at level 42, can get 3 Valor Armor powers, which is pretty useful in taking heavy damage. It is true Privateers have a lot of buffs, but that's why KI has been working on the other classes. And also @GoldenGuardian, those damages aren't really much of an achievement, I always do that much damage in many consecutive turns on solo runs in the Labyrinth with my Buccaneer, it isn't that hard. And don't Swashbucklers have a power to prevent enemies from healing? I'm not sure if I can clarify that, but you could use it to your advantage.

I can see from your stories Privateers seem to have a big advantage when it comes to PVP so hopefully they can fix the PVP system, but not downgrade Privateers and their powers because not all Privateers PVP, I know I don't.
A- Our poison does not stop an enemy from receiving either a personal heal or team heal. It is glitched and goodness knows when it will be fixed (seriously it's been like half a year)

B- All classes can do 1000+ damage. But assassin strike is strongest only used with a Or . Let me explain. All classes can get the double damage hide spell from Morgan LaFitte. Smashy/Slashy weapons do the most damage in the game and are perfect for . So technically speaking assassin strike is not strongest used with .

C-Reread DeathWiz post again and again. Due to this privateers have the following advantages in PvP
  • Due to the ability to stack accuracy/dodge buffs a MASSIVE amount more than any other class, a privateer and his companions tend to: never miss a shot, always dodge an opponents strike, have endless streams of relentless/burst fire.
  • Heavy chance of critical attacks in endless a chain attack eg thier el toro would first strike mega hit, riposte epic hit, relentless epic hit = dead companion. I should survive due to

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Gruesome Richard on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:

Sorry I accidentally sent the message before I was finished. Here is it point C continued:
  • I would survive a bit longer with Levi, but not too much.
  • Privateers tend to be impossible to hit once elusive gets stacked on top of all the buffs they have.

D-
  • It is true a privateer can be beaten by strategy. I have almost done so my self. But a really dang smart privateer will tend to beat anyone, even a dang smart .
  • So should privy be nerfed? No. Could other class get upgrades? Yes.

Now I would like to state that a team with just a single class (eg all witch doctor team, all musketeers team) would be op to a team with mixed classes. Perhaps to fully answer this thread some research needs to be done. We need to organise an all ,,, Vs an all To find out if Privateers are actually op in a team fight. My predictions are that in a scenario like this, privateers will THRASH swashes and bucks, have some difficulty against , and would be thrashed by the gunners.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
Burly Bart Bellamy on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
I am a privateer who lost 3v3. Course, the opposing team had a privateer. And there levels were 13, 59, and 64 against our 5, 39(me), and 32.
Yes but I was talking about an even level fight. Sorry that I was not clear about that. In any case can someone give me advice on how to beat a Privateer? I've been doing a 1v1 fight with this Privateer and he beats me every single time. Can someone help me? I know most Privateers are not completely invincible, but this one seems to be. He's a max level Privateer that uses Nausica (burst fire rank2 and true grit rank3) Goro (relentless rank2 and true grit) and Egg Shen (relentless rank3) This Privateer does not fight like others. For one: he charges on the first turn. He uses Nausica and Goro to get to me within the first 1 or 2 rounds, and during that time he's putting protection spells on Nausica so don't tell me to kill her first. She's being protected by and Absorb AND a -50% damage spell. Please give me advice on how to defeat this guy. I refuse to believe Privateers are invincible. So all you Privateers out there, help me prove that he's not invincible and tell me how I can beat him. Do not take this as "whining" or "complaining" I'm just asking for advice on how to take on this particular Privateer. I am a max level Swashbuckler and a max Musketeer. So any advice you give me will not be any use if you tell me how to defeat him with a WitchDoctor or Buccaneer. Thanks in advance for any helpful advice you give.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
Golden Guardian on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
Sorry I accidentally sent the message before I was finished. Here is it point C continued:
  • I would survive a bit longer with Levi, but not too much.
  • Privateers tend to be impossible to hit once elusive gets stacked on top of all the buffs they have.

D-
  • It is true a privateer can be beaten by strategy. I have almost done so my self. But a really dang smart privateer will tend to beat anyone, even a dang smart .
  • So should privy be nerfed? No. Could other class get upgrades? Yes.

Now I would like to state that a team with just a single class (eg all witch doctor team, all musketeers team) would be op to a team with mixed classes. Perhaps to fully answer this thread some research needs to be done. We need to organise an all ,,, Vs an all To find out if Privateers are actually op in a team fight. My predictions are that in a scenario like this, privateers will THRASH swashes and bucks, have some difficulty against , and would be thrashed by the gunners.
I agree somewhat on that Privateers may not need to be downgraded but instead other classes should be upgraded, But if you've seen the Privateers I've been dealing with lately and more and more often, you'd see just how OP these guys are. I don't want to believe that Privateers are invincible but they are sure as heck WAY more difficult than any other class. As I stated on one of my earlier post, in the thread called "the privateer problem" I would be very grateful if anyone would give me advice on how to beat that particular Privateer.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Attack the privateer he is what makes the team win then take out companions your companions need to be infront of you melee 2 ranged 1 then go and Atatck pc when he Is not surrounded by companions defeat using your hidden along with relentless try and get mojo reavear from madame vadima gdlick hope it works

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
This is really getting out of hand:
Recently i've been doing pvp against privateers on my max swashbuckler, just so you don't say i need better gear here is mine:
Headband: Tantojutsu headband, valor's fort
Outfit: Hato no kai's garb, levy call.
Legs: Boots of the golden sphere, great juju
The rest of my cards give me extra back stabs.
So what i do is charge and kill them before they can buff, which also gives me 3 turns to buff (Juju, levy and fort).
The privateer i faced recently had both nausica and goronado. He put a armor on Nausica then a fort on goro and charged with both of them. I tried killing nausica with me and El toro, and had bonnie and zeena go for Goronado. I dropped nausica's armor in one turn with assassin's strike, and toro didn't relentless (even with great juju, ugh) so she was extremely high. Goro dodged bonnie, her accuracy was reduced and zeena got one burst.
Then he used battle zeal and El Toro's buff and knocked bonnie to a quarter. I poisoned (prevent healing which didn't work) both of them and attacked goro with muskets and nausica with Toro. Goro dodged bonnie, and dodged zeena. Toro missed Nausica. Then he used espirit de corps and attacked, killing bonnie and bladestorming to zeena. Then nausica hit zeena and she was at half, then toro hit zeena till she was at a quarter. I back stabbed nausica, and criticalled so she was very low but she dodged zeena and toro. Then he used critical buff and killed my zeena and knocked toro to half. I sneak attacked nausica and toro missed nausica. Then he used assassins strike on toro (epic hit, around 1500 damage) and killed, then attacked me with everyone. I then poisoned the group, but another assassin's strike and damage from his companions killed me even with my valor's fort and levy call.

So how on earth do i stop that? It's impossible for me to beat him, with his dodge and accuracy and i hate it so much! It's horrible, i couldn't even kill nausica! Please fix this!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
DeathWiz101378 on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
Recently i've been doing pvp against privateers on my max swashbuckler, just so you don't say i need better gear here is mine:
So what i do is charge and kill them before they can buff, which also gives me 3 turns to buff (Juju, levy and fort).
The privateer i faced recently had both nausica and goronado. He put a armor on Nausica then a fort on goro and charged with both of them. I tried killing nausica with me and El toro, and had bonnie and zeena go for Goronado. I dropped nausica's armor in one turn with assassin's strike, and toro didn't relentless (even with great juju, ugh) so she was extremely high. Goro dodged bonnie, her accuracy was reduced and zeena got one burst.
Then he used battle zeal and El Toro's buff and knocked bonnie to a quarter. I poisoned (prevent healing which didn't work) both of them and attacked goro with muskets and nausica with Toro. Goro dodged bonnie, and dodged zeena. Toro missed Nausica. Then he used espirit de corps and attacked, killing bonnie and bladestorming to zeena. Then nausica hit zeena and she was at half, then toro hit zeena till she was at a quarter. I back stabbed nausica, and criticalled so she was very low but she dodged zeena and toro. Then he used critical buff and killed my zeena and knocked toro to half. I sneak attacked nausica and toro missed nausica. Then he used assassins strike on toro (epic hit, around 1500 damage) and killed, then attacked me with everyone. I then poisoned the group, but another assassin's strike and damage from his companions killed me even with my valor's fort and levy call.

So how on earth do i stop that? It's impossible for me to beat him, with his dodge and accuracy and i hate it so much! It's horrible, i couldn't even kill nausica! Please fix this!
the only reason he buffed nausica was becuase she has low health go for the privateer man thats al ic an say and have hawkules with relentless

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
DeathWiz101378 on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:

would you people please stop complaining about my tactics and just buy the companions! btw ruthless kayla davis managed to beat me