Privateers overpowered in a team fight?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 29, 2011
38
Ok, so me and friend organized a 4v4 last night choosing our own friends. I rounded up a all privateer team, while he brought a wd,( witch doctor ) swashbuckler, himself a musketeer, and a privateer. ( were all lvl 50 ) We dominated the match. It was no challenge, we buffed our companions to the sky. The one privateer on there team just could not compete with us.

Thats when the arguing started. My friend dared to say "privateers need to be extremley nerfed". He even went so far preach his opinion on why KI should change something about privateers buffs in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 combat specificly.We argued the entire match, of course we won, but he made excused about how "your barrage spells are overpowered, its infinite range can hit us at the beggining of the match"! I responded saying "with there weak damage, its completely fair". He complained about our critical buff as well, and our absorb spell. He did have some good points though. An all privateer team is fierce.

The only drawback to an all privateer team is its damage. Although we have buffs, we sadly have no direct damage buffs. ( critical buff doesnt count cause its not a direct damage buff, and i'm not gonna count the will buff ) It would be nice to have a, say, plus 25% glove fist damage for 5 turns to all companions close to you. That would be a great series.

Anyway, I think a all privateer team is overpowered at all. We are basically short 4 people cause we dont attack. But I know in the future, people are going it complain about us. People complained about life wizards in w101, I'm sure it wont be any different here. I just hope KI doesnt look to close into the nerf button.

On a side note, What class do you think is at the top of the food chain in pvp?

1.Musketeers. There obstacles are annoying, and they can trap you in bombs. And KI said they might make them invisible.....can you imagine? There range poweres are nothing but good, They deserve the nuber 1 spot.

2. Swashbucklers. There damage is just so much. There low health and armor/ resistance makes them very easy to kill though.

3.Privateers. There not the best in a 1v1, so i put them here. Our buffs are nothing but amazing, but have easily exploited weaknesses. Kill, one companion, we just lost 1/3 of our damage dealing.

4.Witchdoctors. Witch doctors are good and all, but i seem to defeat them easily. I usually just go full on attack on there avatar, and thats that. It might be cause i'm privateer, I need to do more research on this school.

5. Buccaneers. You guessed it, buccaneers. I could right an entire post about why there at the bottom of the food chain. They have VERY exploit-able weaknesses make them easily defeated. It would help if that had an aoe, I have some good ideas for them that I might post in A later topic.

My $800,000,000, Quick mycin ashburn.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
358
I don't think the same type of buff should be able to stack, that would mean that having 4 privateers on a team wouldn't be that awesome as their boosts would stumble over each others. A 100% and 50% could stack, but not two 100%'s. As to the complaints about barrage, barrage can be gotten on other classes as cards on equipment so there is absolutely no justified reason to be complaining about what can be had by the other classes.

In order of current PvP strength I'd have to order the classes as follows:
1. Privateer
2. Musketeer
3. Swashbuckler
4. Witchdoctor
5. Buckaneer

I'd almost place the Witchdoctor ahead of the Swashbuckler as I don't have a Witchdoctor and it has the chicken buffs and some nice multi strike companions but I've seen many Witchdoctors who appear totally afraid of Swashbucklers so I'm giving the edge to Swashbucklers over them. Although Buckaneers are at the bottom of my list the well geared Buckaneers with have two Valor Shield cards upon equipment and with their ability to tank damage are much stronger than how we typically see their characters in PvP without such equipment.

Ensign
May 29, 2011
38
seasnake on Dec 25, 2012 wrote:
I don't think the same type of buff should be able to stack, that would mean that having 4 privateers on a team wouldn't be that awesome as their boosts would stumble over each others. A 100% and 50% could stack, but not two 100%'s. As to the complaints about barrage, barrage can be gotten on other classes as cards on equipment so there is absolutely no justified reason to be complaining about what can be had by the other classes.

In order of current PvP strength I'd have to order the classes as follows:
1. Privateer
2. Musketeer
3. Swashbuckler
4. Witchdoctor
5. Buckaneer

I'd almost place the Witchdoctor ahead of the Swashbuckler as I don't have a Witchdoctor and it has the chicken buffs and some nice multi strike companions but I've seen many Witchdoctors who appear totally afraid of Swashbucklers so I'm giving the edge to Swashbucklers over them. Although Buckaneers are at the bottom of my list the well geared Buckaneers with have two Valor Shield cards upon equipment and with their ability to tank damage are much stronger than how we typically see their characters in PvP without such equipment.
I disagree about the changes to buff stacking. I think to not make it over whelming, the buffs need to stack the time of it, NOT the effectivness of it. I think this would make most people happy, and would be completely fair.

I have to admit though, our critical buff sure is something. The fact that goes to everyone makes awesome. Especially and 4 people have it in there deck. I know for sure there are going to be some arguments on this, might as well start now.

I dont think privateers can really be considered the best YET. My musketeer lvl 35 also has 2 absorb spells on him, ( no kidding ) and once he gets lvl 50 i'm sure he'd be able to beat my privateer.

We cant really say though cause pvp just came a while back, so we dont know the full potential of all schools yet. Every schools has there good and bads, some are just better off in pvp than others.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
358
Also keep in mind that privateers lack their own attacks and rely upon equipment cards quite a lot without having any special attacks such as first strike, reposte, or anything good like that. In other words they are supposed to take an advantage in a team fight or else they would be a useless class as they lack frills and attacks of their own.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
358
Quick Mycin Ashbur... on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
I disagree about the changes to buff stacking. I think to not make it over whelming, the buffs need to stack the time of it, NOT the effectivness of it. I think this would make most people happy, and would be completely fair.

I have to admit though, our critical buff sure is something. The fact that goes to everyone makes awesome. Especially and 4 people have it in there deck. I know for sure there are going to be some arguments on this, might as well start now.

I dont think privateers can really be considered the best YET. My musketeer lvl 35 also has 2 absorb spells on him, ( no kidding ) and once he gets lvl 50 i'm sure he'd be able to beat my privateer.

We cant really say though cause pvp just came a while back, so we dont know the full potential of all schools yet. Every schools has there good and bads, some are just better off in pvp than others.
I'm against time stacking as its the same problem. I think if players can't manage to hold off on playing their cards to the most appropriate time without them stacking then that is the inability of the player to play well and they need to learn skill. There is no skill involved in time stacking, and buff stacking is too over powered with multiple privateers on one side. Don't nerf privateers, but do handle the buff stacking problems.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
358
I have changed my mind and placed witchdoctor as the best PvP class in the game thanks to their now insane equipment that gives them 3 valor's armor cards and 2 superior bursts. Pretty insane if you ask me.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
396
The fact that you both keep changing your minds about classes and their rank, proves that the classes are more balanced than you realize.

If your Privateer had all 3 Assassin strikes it can have, you might go back and say the privateer is again the most powerful.

Buffs are supposed to stack and there is no reason you can't ensure you have a privateer on your team in a 4v4. Also, with all the cards available, there is no guarantee the right card will show up at the exact right time.

It is all about planning and strategy.

Although I noticed that both of you did agree with one thing, Buccaneers are at the bottom of both of your lists. Hmm, wonder why that is...

Ensign
Oct 27, 2009
38
Privateers have a natural advantage on large boards because it gives us time to put our buffs up before the enemy can engage us. On the smaller 1v1 boards we are at a major disadvantage (especially if we go second) because it usually takes a turn or two of discarding to get the buffs we need in hand.

IMO two small changes might be enough to fix the problems. First, change the stacking mechanism so duplicate buffs add to the timer of the first instead of being a new buff. Second, make a board whose size is somewhere between the massive 4v4 and the tiny 1v1 arenas.

Captain
May 02, 2009
525
In PvP I always loose to a Swashbuckler (beacuse they're so strong) or a Privateer (because i can't kill them)

Gunner's Mate
Apr 26, 2009
270
They may be overpowered, but pvp was just released. Give Ki time!

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
149
Quick Mycin Ashbur... on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
Ok, so me and friend organized a 4v4 last night choosing our own friends. I rounded up a all privateer team, while he brought a wd,( witch doctor ) swashbuckler, himself a musketeer, and a privateer. ( were all lvl 50 ) We dominated the match. It was no challenge, we buffed our companions to the sky. The one privateer on there team just could not compete with us.

Thats when the arguing started. My friend dared to say "privateers need to be extremley nerfed". He even went so far preach his opinion on why KI should change something about privateers buffs in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 combat specificly.We argued the entire match, of course we won, but he made excused about how "your barrage spells are overpowered, its infinite range can hit us at the beggining of the match"! I responded saying "with there weak damage, its completely fair". He complained about our critical buff as well, and our absorb spell. He did have some good points though. An all privateer team is fierce.

The only drawback to an all privateer team is its damage. Although we have buffs, we sadly have no direct damage buffs. ( critical buff doesnt count cause its not a direct damage buff, and i'm not gonna count the will buff ) It would be nice to have a, say, plus 25% glove fist damage for 5 turns to all companions close to you. That would be a great series.

Anyway, I think a all privateer team is overpowered at all. We are basically short 4 people cause we dont attack. But I know in the future, people are going it complain about us. People complained about life wizards in w101, I'm sure it wont be any different here. I just hope KI doesnt look to close into the nerf button.

On a side note, What class do you think is at the top of the food chain in pvp?

1.Musketeers. There obstacles are annoying, and they can trap you in bombs. And KI said they might make them invisible.....can you imagine? There range poweres are nothing but good, They deserve the nuber 1 spot.

2. Swashbucklers. There damage is just so much. There low health and armor/ resistance makes them very easy to kill though.

3.Privateers. There not the best in a 1v1, so i put them here. Our buffs are nothing but amazing, but have easily exploited weaknesses. Kill, one companion, we just lost 1/3 of our damage dealing.

4.Witchdoctors. Witch doctors are good and all, but i seem to defeat them easily. I usually just go full on attack on there avatar, and thats that. It might be cause i'm privateer, I need to do more research on this school.

5. Buccaneers. You guessed it, buccaneers. I could right an entire post about why there at the bottom of the food chain. They have VERY exploit-able weaknesses make them easily defeated. It would help if that had an aoe, I have some good ideas for them that I might post in A later topic.

My $800,000,000, Quick mycin ashburn.
Please stop with the "Lowest damage dealing." The majority of my privateer friends actually do very well damage wise. Buff stacking and defenses gives you a major advantage too. Damage isn't really an issue if you're always hitting and blocking hits.

Lucas Walker Sky Commander Musketeer

Ensign
May 29, 2011
38
I never said privateers cant do high damage. But come on, lets be honest here. Out of all the schools, privateers have one damage series spell that isnt very strong. While every other class gets some sort of increase damage power, were the only ones that dont.

What does buffing and blocking have to do with damage? It doesnt matter what the majority of your friends do, no one can deny the fact that privateers have the lowest damage dealing.

I never said said damage was an issue anyway....

Bosun
May 10, 2010
396
Quick Mycin Ashbur... on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
I never said privateers cant do high damage. But come on, lets be honest here. Out of all the schools, privateers have one damage series spell that isnt very strong. While every other class gets some sort of increase damage power, were the only ones that dont.

What does buffing and blocking have to do with damage? It doesnt matter what the majority of your friends do, no one can deny the fact that privateers have the lowest damage dealing.

I never said said damage was an issue anyway....
Privateers can get 3, count them, 3 assassins strike cards on their gear, if they so choose. Now, mind you, Assassins strike is 3x damage + bleeding. Does that sound like low damage?

Privateers also have the best Healing in the game, they have an abundance of healing cards for single and group heals, of which no other class can even come close.

However, Privateers do not get any epic talents, such as riposte, blade storm, vengeance, etc. So, they can buff, heal, or just do a 1 hit wonder.

No, Privateers are not overpowered in a team fight, nor are they underpowered. People throw that term Overpowered around way too much without any factual information to prove it.

Ensign
May 29, 2011
38
Darth JT on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
Privateers can get 3, count them, 3 assassins strike cards on their gear, if they so choose. Now, mind you, Assassins strike is 3x damage + bleeding. Does that sound like low damage?

Privateers also have the best Healing in the game, they have an abundance of healing cards for single and group heals, of which no other class can even come close.

However, Privateers do not get any epic talents, such as riposte, blade storm, vengeance, etc. So, they can buff, heal, or just do a 1 hit wonder.

No, Privateers are not overpowered in a team fight, nor are they underpowered. People throw that term Overpowered around way too much without any factual information to prove it.
Hmmmmm... It seems my past reply did not ring any bells...

Well, first off, you are not talking to a piece of wood darthjt. I know privateers can get 3 assassin strikes. ( i have one myself )

But I was talking about the AVERAGE privateer. Oh, wait, in case your not familiar with the average player...

When i say average player, I mean someone who doesnt have the time to farm for every little " cherry on top" gear. All they have is the gear they bought from vendors, there jackalope or gift card pet, and the powers they get from teachers.

It doesnt matter about the over achiever privateer with 3 assassin strikes, what really counts is the average one.The average privateer will not have 3 assassin strikes.

The average privateer will only have barrage spells for damage, which arent strong. While every other average swashbuckler, buccaneer, witch doctor, or musketeer has some form of increase damage ability.

Now, can anyone really deny the FACT that privateers have the lowest damage dealing? I think not.

This is not a complaint. I am just proving an obvious point that shouldnt even be up for conversation.

Again, I never once said "there is no such thing as a strong privateer". I have done 1500 damage + bleeding with a critical assassins strike with walk in shadows. While every school is capable of doing high damage, that still does not block the fact that on a regular basis,( yeah, its the hard truth ) they're weak.

Also keep in mind, not every privateer uses slashy weapon. I have seen MANY privateers use staffs, and it isnt such a bad idea either. I still prefer a good ol'smashy/slashy weapon that provides armor, but i also carry darkwood wand just in case for the right scenario.

Anyway, on my original post, in my 4th paragraph I said "privateers are overpowered at all" That was a typo. I meant to say "privateers are not overpowered at all". Since you cant edit topics, oh well i guess. Sorry for the misunderstanding. For the most part, being a privateer myself, I dont think we are underpowered or overpowered as well.

I was not stating an opinion in my original topic, I was simply providing a question for others to answer. I shared my story cause I enjoy a good conversation/ argument whatever you wanna call it. I guess some people got the wrong idea.

My $800,000,000,

Quick mycin ashburn.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
24
How in the world are privateers NOT overpowered? You get 3 heals that each usually give above 250 health plus team heals that give 100 to 300 health, accuracy and dodge buffs, the 2 valor shields(25% and 50% for 5 rounds), spirit shield, up to 3 assassin's strikes and backstabs from clothing, high health, and of course the critical buff. I mean, when you guys use all your accuracy and dodge buffs, you are literally impossible to hit by any class other than musketeer (even they have a hard time once you have your buffs on), and have more dodge than any swashbuckler. You can equip heavy armor, and on top of all this, you get pirate and elusive maxed. Privateers may be able to be defeated, but the only way is to either kill you early before the buffs stack or kill all companions probably with buffs on already. You are basically several classes combined: buccaneer's armor and health, swashbuckler moves (don't tell me about the every cherry on top clothing, most privateers i know of spend all day at the earth temple or the side chamber), and your own buffs, heals, and far ranged bombs.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
396
Quick Mycin Ashbur... on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
Hmmmmm... It seems my past reply did not ring any bells...

Well, first off, you are not talking to a piece of wood darthjt. I know privateers can get 3 assassin strikes. ( i have one myself )

But I was talking about the AVERAGE privateer. Oh, wait, in case your not familiar with the average player...

When i say average player, I mean someone who doesnt have the time to farm for every little " cherry on top" gear. All they have is the gear they bought from vendors, there jackalope or gift card pet, and the powers they get from teachers.

It doesnt matter about the over achiever privateer with 3 assassin strikes, what really counts is the average one.The average privateer will not have 3 assassin strikes.

The average privateer will only have barrage spells for damage, which arent strong. While every other average swashbuckler, buccaneer, witch doctor, or musketeer has some form of increase damage ability.

Now, can anyone really deny the FACT that privateers have the lowest damage dealing? I think not.

This is not a complaint. I am just proving an obvious point that shouldnt even be up for conversation.

Again, I never once said "there is no such thing as a strong privateer". I have done 1500 damage + bleeding with a critical assassins strike with walk in shadows. While every school is capable of doing high damage, that still does not block the fact that on a regular basis,( yeah, its the hard truth ) they're weak.

Also keep in mind, not every privateer uses slashy weapon. I have seen MANY privateers use staffs, and it isnt such a bad idea either. I still prefer a good ol'smashy/slashy weapon that provides armor, but i also carry darkwood wand just in case for the right scenario.

Anyway, on my original post, in my 4th paragraph I said "privateers are overpowered at all" That was a typo. I meant to say "privateers are not overpowered at all". Since you cant edit topics, oh well i guess. Sorry for the misunderstanding. For the most part, being a privateer myself, I dont think we are underpowered or overpowered as well.

I was not stating an opinion in my original topic, I was simply providing a question for others to answer. I shared my story cause I enjoy a good conversation/ argument whatever you wanna call it. I guess some people got the wrong idea.

My $800,000,000,

Quick mycin ashburn.
Okay, I have not been posting much lately and I have missed many posts, sorry for that.

Yes, I would say you made a typo, it happens, but to still state that Privateers do the lowest damage? Where is your evidence of that? Because they dont get automatic epic talents?

Do you know, that privateers can get a weapon that does the most damage of any weapon in the game?
Privateers can get the most and best attack cards.
Privateers have the most Accuracy/Dodge boosts to ensure you and your companions hit your targets and dodge attacks.

On top of that, Privateers have the most and best heals in the game, for single heals and group heals.

I am sure you realize this is the spar chamber and if you or anyone is interested in PVP, to be good or excel at something, it takes time, effort, dedication. You can not seriously think you can just go in and simply be the best there is, can you?

As with anything, if you are not prepared, you are already defeated.

Ensign
Aug 04, 2010
12
It's very nice of you guys to be commenting us of the fact that we are the most epic avatars ever.

Ensign
Dec 03, 2012
5
Privateers sometimes have spirit shield I think spirit shield is overpowered.

Level 46 swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
71
Quick Mycin Ashbur... on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
Hmmmmm... It seems my past reply did not ring any bells...

Well, first off, you are not talking to a piece of wood darthjt. I know privateers can get 3 assassin strikes. ( i have one myself )

But I was talking about the AVERAGE privateer. Oh, wait, in case your not familiar with the average player...

When i say average player, I mean someone who doesnt have the time to farm for every little " cherry on top" gear. All they have is the gear they bought from vendors, there jackalope or gift card pet, and the powers they get from teachers.

It doesnt matter about the over achiever privateer with 3 assassin strikes, what really counts is the average one.The average privateer will not have 3 assassin strikes.

The average privateer will only have barrage spells for damage, which arent strong. While every other average swashbuckler, buccaneer, witch doctor, or musketeer has some form of increase damage ability.

Now, can anyone really deny the FACT that privateers have the lowest damage dealing? I think not.

This is not a complaint. I am just proving an obvious point that shouldnt even be up for conversation.

Again, I never once said "there is no such thing as a strong privateer". I have done 1500 damage + bleeding with a critical assassins strike with walk in shadows. While every school is capable of doing high damage, that still does not block the fact that on a regular basis,( yeah, its the hard truth ) they're weak.

Also keep in mind, not every privateer uses slashy weapon. I have seen MANY privateers use staffs, and it isnt such a bad idea either. I still prefer a good ol'smashy/slashy weapon that provides armor, but i also carry darkwood wand just in case for the right scenario.

Anyway, on my original post, in my 4th paragraph I said "privateers are overpowered at all" That was a typo. I meant to say "privateers are not overpowered at all". Since you cant edit topics, oh well i guess. Sorry for the misunderstanding. For the most part, being a privateer myself, I dont think we are underpowered or overpowered as well.

I was not stating an opinion in my original topic, I was simply providing a question for others to answer. I shared my story cause I enjoy a good conversation/ argument whatever you wanna call it. I guess some people got the wrong idea.

My $800,000,000,

Quick mycin ashburn.
My $800,000,000 - rofl :D

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
71
Privateers. Are. Not. Overpowered.

They are masterfully designed support characters who anyone whole feels like they can just run down and hit and kill is sadly misguided.

Beating a privateer is not about killing them. Its about wearing them out...

Once a privateer's buff are over and gone (last time I checked - they could run out) - They become significantly easy to thrash.

But this was an intentional design to balance their supportive attributes. I have 4 of the 5 classes, and I know a lot about the underlying mechanics of the game that a lot of people dont.

1 of the BIGGEST ones being Fitness. I call fitness, the main attribute of you class - Will, STR, or AGL.
The offset of these stats make a GREAT difference on the battle field.

I could go on all day about the secret things in Pirate101 that affects characters performances in battle, but I'm not going to.

The fact is, privateers are YES, annoying to battle because they can thwart, reverse, and slow down your winning progress. But thats not a reason to nerf them?

And then there are drops - which I have to agree, are properly distributed. And dont deny drops; because they are simply a part of the game. Saying: "You only won because of all your drops and extra cards!" is like saying: "You only won the baking contest because your cake had sugar in it!!!"

I have 4 Mojo storms and 3 Mojo blades on my WD. + 3 VALOR ARMOR are available to them too.
5 Backstabs and 3 Great Jujus on swashbuckler - with that you can become a killing machine.5 Sky Spirits and 3 Great Jujus on Privateer - 5 Sky Spirits basically x5 any musketeer or swashbuckler's Agility.
Bucc has 4 Valor Fortresses. 4 Valor Fortresses on a Buccaneer can render you UNKILLABLE. While its on.

Really, there is so many ways to overcome the over buffing or privateers.

I wish people would stop making such a stink over this class that is so well designed...

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
112
Darth JT on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
The fact that you both keep changing your minds about classes and their rank, proves that the classes are more balanced than you realize.

If your Privateer had all 3 Assassin strikes it can have, you might go back and say the privateer is again the most powerful.

Buffs are supposed to stack and there is no reason you can't ensure you have a privateer on your team in a 4v4. Also, with all the cards available, there is no guarantee the right card will show up at the exact right time.

It is all about planning and strategy.

Although I noticed that both of you did agree with one thing, Buccaneers are at the bottom of both of your lists. Hmm, wonder why that is...
From my exp in PVP its all based on what gear the other team and my team has farmed. I am ok with how buck class is. Alone without out cards from gear well they are just ok, when you add in all the gear that has cards 2x 3x mojo 3x critical etc then they are decent but every slot needs a power up. Found it woks well when pretty much every turn i take is a power move or card. when the cards run out your a sitting duck. So less cards your a duck that much faster :-) most bucks cant hit a barn door without a card LOL

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
85
i don't know about being overpowered but what i do know is that privateers are extremely annoying in P.V.P. and one with 2 leviathan's calls and an extra valor's fortress plus 3x assassins strike, i don't know of any one who would be able to kill them, they have the defense for if you try to kill their pirate and the assassins strike for after their buffs wear off (IF you survive that long) and no one say anything about the "average pirate" the average pirate in p.v.p. has every single peace of equipment giving them powers. and most of the time you don't live to see the end of a privateers accuracy and dodge buff, within the ten rounds they last you'll be laying on the ground wondering "what just happened?" with a privateers buffs a swashbucklers dodge means nothing and a musketeers accuracy is very much dimmed down. the only hope you have against a privateer is to have a musketeer and a buccaneer to debuff their buffs (actually with those too classes put together no one stands a chance O. o) and a swashbuckler with a vicious charge or brutal charge can span the entire board in one turn, so they might be able to kill the privateer early enough. (experimenting with that tactic) the majority of privateers that i fight have THE BEST GEAR so i may be over over estimating their battle abilities but the only people who might be able to kill THESE privateers are people who have"the best gear" and I've seen significantly less bucklers, bucks, muskets, and WCs with that kind of gear. and please note that "the best gear" changes from person to person and class to class. so what I call "the best gear" may not be what you call "the best gear" now i'm running out of time so "I'll be back" (hope you read that in a Arnold Shwortsenagar voice ) I don't think I spelled that right O. o

Petty Officer
Jun 10, 2013
58
I am so sick of people whining, saying things like "Oh, Privateers are overpowered," and complaining that Privateers get too much heal. Get over it. You honestly think Privateers have an easy time? We don't. Get some real power; then you can give a valid complaint.

Ensign
Jun 24, 2013
2
I am a priviteer and I want to say I did a 1v1 against every class and i lost once and that was my class priviteer. I think priviteers in pvp can be overpowering to certain classes not just against itself. I don't think I make sence saying this do I? Anyway, Short version: privetrieers are NOT overpowering there are just the same as anyother class.
A lot of post give reasons why we are ot overpowering. I just feel angery at those people who say that. Be careful who you fight though. Privetters at higher levels are extremely tough, STILL not over powering.

Bloody Andrew Eastman lvel 5

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
85
I honestly don't care about privateers healing, its all good, i just think their accuracy and dodge buffs are a little too much. I mean, seriously, you don't need attack powers when when all your companions are hitting everything and dodging everything. and in 1v1 privateers are just a bit annoyingly hard to kill, but in a multi fight, like 4v4 or even just a 2v2 the team with the privateer is gonna win, no contest, someone please tell me if they've seen a 3v3 or 2v2 where the team with the privateer lost?