Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your Favorite Companion?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Amazingshot123 on Mar 14, 2020 wrote:
Um, do you mean Catbeard? or an actual cat pirate? PS how do you get a cat pirate?
I believe he means the Cat from the Boochbeard bundle. Unfortunately, that bundle has been permanently retired. BUT, you can get a similar Cat from the Yuletide Spirits bundle ( available during Christmas & Christmas in July ).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Oct 25, 2019 wrote:
I really do wonder whether the guy who made this post still even plays this game anymore...
Haven't heard from him for at least two years.

Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
I have played the whole game through with dead mike once, and he is definitely my favourite character. This is due to his unique personality, looks and also his animations during PvE. Do not get me wrong, I tried the other Presidio companions on different pirates, but they never had a personality that stuck with me.

Ensign
Feb 08, 2020
Ah, this is tough, I... uhh, hmm... Well, to be fair, I absolutely love the Kraken Skulls companions, I love their dialogue, and I feel like I should base my answer off of that... I’ve only played Buckler and Buck, so yeh. I honestly can’t decide...? Well, I guess... Can I choose out of a group of companions? If so, well, you already know, my favorite is the Kraken Skulls companions, but the Mooshu starter companions are also really enjoyable, my sis plays witch and privy, and I gotta say, I really like Kobe and Kan Po! For the Presidio companions, Jack Russell is my personal favorite, he’s strong in combat when you buff him right, and he has nice dialogue (if you did the diplomacy quest line, you know what I mean about his dialogue, it’s great) For the Teacher’s Companions... I dunno, their all great, and absolute killing machines, as far as I’m concerned. They have nice buffs, and can dish out good/okay damage too. Lastly, but not leastly, for the main story companions.... I... don’t know who to pick. They’re all great, I can’t really decide favorites, ever. I’ll be on, sometime!

Golden Hope Quincy, lvl70
Silver Jenny Quincy, lvl17

Bloody Misty, lvl70
Brass Wesley Evans,lvl17

G’day! Or night...

Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
well this is hard. i got five favorites and thats el toro. hawkules. catbeard. monkey king. and gortez. for now its gortez. but i always liked hawkules and el toro so yeah. forever

Ensign
May 28, 2020
Hi guys! I have had all of the companions amongst many characters. SO I have a few.
FOR
: Chantal or Louie by far. Chantal with double tap 2, burst fire 3.
: Probably fan or subodai. Toro is also up there
: Peter Quint and Barnabus
: Emmet, temujin, baar
: Mormo

Thrifty Nathaniel Parker lvl 70
Eccentric Robert Parker lvl 65
Brave Paul Parker lvl 15
Noble Diego Iron lvl 11

Ensign
Apr 01, 2013
Diegoiron on Jun 15, 2020 wrote:
Hi guys! I have had all of the companions amongst many characters. SO I have a few.
FOR
: Chantal or Louie by far. Chantal with double tap 2, burst fire 3.
: Probably fan or subodai. Toro is also up there
: Peter Quint and Barnabus
: Emmet, temujin, baar
: Mormo

Thrifty Nathaniel Parker lvl 70
Eccentric Robert Parker lvl 65
Brave Paul Parker lvl 15
Noble Diego Iron lvl 11
Good choices! Here are mine:
: Scratch
: Fan (only useful for ONE super hit, then chance game)
: Chantal (Louie can't receive burst fire)
: Scratch
: Peter Quint

Ensign
Aug 04, 2019
My favorite companion is my Holkun Doomhorn and Hawkules is a close second(p.s. I really want that leaked promotion to be added).

Ensign
Aug 23, 2020
Was and always will be Bonnie Anne.
Always loved foxes: My fursona is a fox. I love Fin and Dixie (from Save-a-Fox). So of course Bonnie Anne is my favorite...
We need more fox companions. Maybe since Bonnie uses agility you could add a buccaneer, witchdoctor, or privateer fox.

Ensign
Aug 23, 2020
Ayreon on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
The Skarakeet Nikeeta is unquestionably my favourite companion. Aside from being powerful, with "Second Chance", is there really any attack more amusing to watch than "DoomPoop"?

Having "second Chance" and "DoomPoop" attack also makes the skarakeet my favourite pet.
If I had to choose a companion outside of Bonnie, it would be Nikeeta, or the storm shark El Tiburon.

Advice: the beast master battle standard (whatever it's called) effects more than just pets. the following companions get a huge boost as well: Holiday Treant, Batacuda, Flying Snake, and of course El Tiburon and Nikeeta. And maybe more: If it's a beast companion, it gets the boost. I saw some of these companions deal almost two thousand damage with a critical strike plus the battle standard boost.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Tamriel Cat on Sep 10, 2020 wrote:
If I had to choose a companion outside of Bonnie, it would be Nikeeta, or the storm shark El Tiburon.

Advice: the beast master battle standard (whatever it's called) effects more than just pets. the following companions get a huge boost as well: Holiday Treant, Batacuda, Flying Snake, and of course El Tiburon and Nikeeta. And maybe more: If it's a beast companion, it gets the boost. I saw some of these companions deal almost two thousand damage with a critical strike plus the battle standard boost.
How does the Holiday Treant get a boost too?

Ensign
May 28, 2020
Tiburon is fun. I love his little jig. Paul recently got "Kzinti Singh" who actually turned out to be pretty good. Robert's Jack Russell works really well as a musket. I also like my ghost cat pirate. I feel like he is the ghost of the Boochbeard Bundle. Pet-wise I love my Bullrog Smokey. Robert has a jackalope that has the bloodsucker ability which is really useful even if the pet itself isn't the best. I used a lvl 70 lionfish for years. King Ben will always have a special place in my pet roster (and heart).

Thrifty Nathaniel Parker70
Eccentric Robert Parker 70
Brave Paul Parker 60
Diego Ironside 12

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Sep 23, 2020 wrote:
How does the Holiday Treant get a boost too?
Ratbeard once posted the definition of a "beast" to get the boost from the standard - no clothes and doesn't talk talk. The teant ( though a plant ) is considered a "beast"

Ensign
Sep 20, 2014
My favorite Characters are in this order Gorando who you get by defeating Gortez 25 times. He can attack 5 enemies at a time. Also, El Toro because he is so dramatic and tells you how it is like Ratbeard

Say hi if you see me in Aquila and everywhere.

Daft Errol Cormac 63

Ensign
Sep 20, 2014
Oran of Urz on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
Ratbeard. He tells it how it is.

The storyline wouldn't be the same without him.
I totally agree

Daft Errol Cormac 63

Ensign
Jan 21, 2021
My favorite companion is most likely Bonnie Anne. She is amazing in battle and after her promotions she looks amazing!

By far my most enjoyed companion to play with.

Ensign
Oct 04, 2014
I think my favorite companion is probably Old Scratch and Kan Po if you see me in the skyway make sure to add me.

Scurvy Isabela Usher Level 22
Bloody Blaze Johannson Level 27

Also I use the vadima realm

Ensign
May 28, 2019
Mine is a tie between Catbeard and Gracie Conrad. Catbeard is awsesome with his crits (name another companion that slaps people with fish) and his attitude (A party! FABULOUS! Ooo Maybe we can have the kind where everyone wears togas) . Gracie is amazing with her diolauge. She explains a complicated engineering thing and Ratbeard and El Toro are super confused, and when Gracie explains it futher, they get even more confused.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Noble Dante Irving on Mar 25, 2021 wrote:
Mine is a tie between Catbeard and Gracie Conrad. Catbeard is awsesome with his crits (name another companion that slaps people with fish) and his attitude (A party! FABULOUS! Ooo Maybe we can have the kind where everyone wears togas) . Gracie is amazing with her diolauge. She explains a complicated engineering thing and Ratbeard and El Toro are super confused, and when Gracie explains it futher, they get even more confused.
Peter Quint slaps people with fish....

Ensign
Apr 28, 2019
A bit biased on this one, but definitely the goat guy. Back in my witchdoctor days, he just went bananas with combos after combos. Once he got the shadow abiltiy? That sealed the deal. Cool aesthetics? Aye. Good voice actor? Aye. Awesome combos and abilities? Aye. All around, a nice well-punched companion. Definitely recommend witchdoctor just for the goat

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CherryOnTop1 on Apr 5, 2021 wrote:
A bit biased on this one, but definitely the goat guy. Back in my witchdoctor days, he just went bananas with combos after combos. Once he got the shadow abiltiy? That sealed the deal. Cool aesthetics? Aye. Good voice actor? Aye. Awesome combos and abilities? Aye. All around, a nice well-punched companion. Definitely recommend witchdoctor just for the goat
If you like him so much, why can't you remember his name? It's Kan Po, btw. (Kiesuki Yaki) if you buy him in the crown shop. (He's on sale now!)

Ensign
Apr 28, 2019
anecorbie on Apr 5, 2021 wrote:
If you like him so much, why can't you remember his name? It's Kan Po, btw. (Kiesuki Yaki) if you buy him in the crown shop. (He's on sale now!)
Haven't played a witchdoctor for years, I'm lucky enough to remember him XD

Ensign
Nov 21, 2012
This is gonna sound weird, but Batacuta. I'm working for it now but sky snake didn't appeal to me and I want a companion with fly and I just LOVE Batacuta.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
red is the best on Apr 7, 2021 wrote:
This is gonna sound weird, but Batacuta. I'm working for it now but sky snake didn't appeal to me and I want a companion with fly and I just LOVE Batacuta.
Welcome to the message boards, red is the best! Isn't it funny how some companions appeal to us beyond their powers?

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Guess I never posted in this thread ...

Kawil Doomclaw hands down, he's just badass :)