Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your Favorite Companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 14, 2011
Talkin The Plank on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:
Same here. I like the design of Old Scratch and, having just updated Bonnie Anne, am really enjoying her beefed up usefullness.
My favorite companion whould have to be Ridolfo Capoferro he is amazing the more you level him up

Ensign
Jan 04, 2012
  • ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ i gotta say my favorite companion is gornado (gortez)
  • the guy who you unlock after defeating gortez 25 times he is very cool with his promotion

Ensign
Dec 12, 2008
I guess for me it's a tie between birgus latro because of his 3rd critical hit (anyone who has birgus will know what i'm talking about) and kobe yojimbo because his critical hits/critical hit music is awesome.

Ensign
May 23, 2010
My favorite companion has got o be El Toro. Too bad i dont have him but my friend does

Also look for me merciless Jack Louis lv 32

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
cookiesolivia on Jan 31, 2013 wrote:
Completely agree. The only time they have agreed on something was the horribleness of my Puerto Mico outfit.

My favourites are Sarah Steele and Ratbeard. Ever since Sarah's been on my crew, she's disliked every new companion. She hated Old Scratch, Lucky Jack Russel, and Ratbeard. I still think she hates Ratbead. Ratbeard has just been so straight forward about everything possible. He's like the cranky old man on my crew. I'm just waiting for him to crack a "Back in my day..." rants. Ratbeard and Sarah fighting for first, and Bonnie Anne in second.

Combat wise it's the same. They are my first three shipmates, and awesome so far in all of my battles. I actually used to *gasp* dislike Sarah. She would be out in about 2 rounds because of her bad health and constant misses. However now she is a great dodger and blocker, but doesn't have the best critical hits. Ratbeard gets constant critical hits, and for now, with all of his new epics, is the best, because of his promotion. Still waiting for Sarah's promotion.
hmm i like ratbeard cus he does crit. most of the time my fav. so far is sarah steel she does great damage i cant wait to get El Toro (music!) also i like bonnie very munch

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
cookiesolivia on Jan 31, 2013 wrote:
Completely agree. The only time they have agreed on something was the horribleness of my Puerto Mico outfit.

My favourites are Sarah Steele and Ratbeard. Ever since Sarah's been on my crew, she's disliked every new companion. She hated Old Scratch, Lucky Jack Russel, and Ratbeard. I still think she hates Ratbead. Ratbeard has just been so straight forward about everything possible. He's like the cranky old man on my crew. I'm just waiting for him to crack a "Back in my day..." rants. Ratbeard and Sarah fighting for first, and Bonnie Anne in second.

Combat wise it's the same. They are my first three shipmates, and awesome so far in all of my battles. I actually used to *gasp* dislike Sarah. She would be out in about 2 rounds because of her bad health and constant misses. However now she is a great dodger and blocker, but doesn't have the best critical hits. Ratbeard gets constant critical hits, and for now, with all of his new epics, is the best, because of his promotion. Still waiting for Sarah's promotion.
Sarah upgrades at Lvl 15. Then at Lvl 38.
Bristly Kevin

Ensign
May 16, 2009
My favorite companion would be Subodai. I like him cause he is a buccaneer and he is your first companion(if your a swashbuckler). But a close second is Dead Mike. He is also a buccaneer. I like him cause a has riposte and he has good health.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Update: I've changed my mind.

I honestly prefer my Swashbuckler companions. Sarah because she criticals a lot and for me dishes out at least 600 per round. El Toro because his personality (arrogant, funny sometimes.) is just awesome and his damage, quite frankly, tops even Sarah's. Both of them have been tied for first mate position for a while.

So, I guess here goes.

Favorite Swashbuckler: Sarah Steele/El Toro
Favorite Witchdoctor: Old Scratch
Favorite Musketeer: Bonnie Anne (Who doesn't love her tier two outfit? o. O)
Favorite Buccaneer: Subodai (I also love his personality. :)
Favorite Privateer: I don't have any yet. I:

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
wiz11110 on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
Sarah Steele.
has, and always will be.
Just got El Toro, he is now my favorite along with Sarah.
Bristly Kevin

Ensign
Jul 28, 2012
Sarah Steele after final promotion. Period. (Do I really need to explain?)

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
sp00nz4u2 on Feb 14, 2013 wrote:
My favorite companion would be Subodai. I like him cause he is a buccaneer and he is your first companion(if your a swashbuckler). But a close second is Dead Mike. He is also a buccaneer. I like him cause a has riposte and he has good health.
If you like Dead Mike now, you will LOVE his upgrades. At his second upgrade I gave him Second Chance Rank 2, Vengeance Strike, and he already had Riposte. He takes away about 1200 life from a Horde Barbarian and he is Lvl 47. I also have Subodai at promotion 2 and he can also take away 1000 life from a Horde Barbarian. He has Flanking, Relentless Rank 2, and he already had Vengeance Strike.

Bristly Kevin

Ensign
Nov 20, 2012
Mine is El Toro. He does very high damage.

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
My favorite per class:

Buccaneer: um well it's a raging war between Barnabus, Birgus, Mike, Egg Shen, Subodai and Gaspard right now he he he
Musketeer: Emmett
Privateer: Being a Bucanner I rarely see Privateers, so I'll have to go with Lucky Jack, I don't even have him
Swashbuckler: Kobe
Witchdoctor: Old Scratch, he the only witchdoctor i have

My over all favorite is probably Kobe right now.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
AstroStorm on Feb 19, 2013 wrote:
My favorite per class:

Buccaneer: um well it's a raging war between Barnabus, Birgus, Mike, Egg Shen, Subodai and Gaspard right now he he he
Musketeer: Emmett
Privateer: Being a Bucanner I rarely see Privateers, so I'll have to go with Lucky Jack, I don't even have him
Swashbuckler: Kobe
Witchdoctor: Old Scratch, he the only witchdoctor i have

My over all favorite is probably Kobe right now.
do you guys no any other melee companion who can have ripost and vengance? :D i believe he the only one

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Speed Switch on Feb 20, 2013 wrote:
do you guys no any other melee companion who can have ripost and vengance? :D i believe he the only one
dead mike i mean, is the oly onr :P sry

Ensign
Mar 06, 2011
My favorite has to be Kan Po. He is just so good with everything! He can even heal people! (He's my first companion, and always will be )

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Kobe and Kan Po (and their crown versions) are two of my favorites. You get those two in a battles, and the enemies start screaming and running away.

My ultimate favorite, just on pure character is ....... EL TORO. He's so full of bull (pun intended). He's arrogant, his voice over and comments are fantastic. When he gets his promotion, I laugh every time when I hear him talk about catching a fish with his bare hands. By far, my favorite companion quest.
i have to agree with you El toro is my favorite i watch the puupet show all the time and i love spanasish music i like Kan Po to he is second on my list very inpressive indeed

Ensign
Feb 06, 2010
Goranada!!!

Can't wait until he upgrades...but even at base he has area effect attacks and jumps over enemies to get behind them and past obstructions...

and of course he looks crazy cool

Ensign
Feb 06, 2009
Probably my favorite companions are Iago and Ridolfo Capoferro.
They're both unicorns and have ridiculously high damage, they both have better stats than Monkey King. Is it just me, or is having 2 unicorns on the field entertaining?

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
I'll go by pirate faction.

Witchdoctor: Old sratch hands down. I like his personality, and despite the low base accuracy that witchdoctor's have, when he hits he can hit very hard. Plus his summons have come in handy many times as well, so there's that,

Musketeer: Bonnie anne, bones mcgee and moresco de valvida. Bonnie anne because when she's able to she can hit pretty hard, bones mcgee for the same reason (plus he's a freaking skeleton gunner), and moresco de valvida because he can usually pull off a ton of burst fire chains when luck is on his side.

Swashbuckler: Kan po, scorpius and shiruku neko. I like kan po because not only is is personality great, but once he gets promoted, he can do allot of damage if you're not careful. Shiruku neko, she has high block and high damage, and though she can only have first strike and cheap shot, her animations, dodge and power more than make up for this (for those that hate sb's because of the low health, that's the price you pay to have high damage). Scorpius because he's a scorpion & hits hard as well.

Privateer: Lucky jack russell. I like his personality and I like how when accuracy permits he can hit pretty hard. It's weird how he uses strength and not will but whatever, that's just what makes him special after all.

Buccaneer: S.M. arson/dead mike. I like how he's an undead zombie yet still can dish out decent damage despite his undead-ness.

Ensign
Feb 01, 2013
I like Jaspard de vole and Bonnie Anne. I have Jaspard's crown brother and i have dead mikeinstead
and Bonnie Anne i lvl up to sharpshooter and then gave her 2 burst fire what is a good copanian for my team

Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
My favorite so far, Sarah Steele definitely. I love her second promotion outfit, real sense of fashion there. Also a great swashbuckler (thanks to me) and a loyal companion (i think). My second favorite, Froggo Villa, especially in his cave when Bonnie Anne said, "You're Froggo Villa? You're not even a frog." and he replies, "How do you know what I am? I'm wearing a mask."

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
RiverWhooshP101 on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
My favorite so far, Sarah Steele definitely. I love her second promotion outfit, real sense of fashion there. Also a great swashbuckler (thanks to me) and a loyal companion (i think). My second favorite, Froggo Villa, especially in his cave when Bonnie Anne said, "You're Froggo Villa? You're not even a frog." and he replies, "How do you know what I am? I'm wearing a mask."
ya i know right? lol froggo is epic stuff! i'm just sad that he dont get no more stuff then what he come with except one epic, but maybe he will! :D i ratbeard mentioned him in the comps who will get improvements so i'm exited bout that also i have so much good ideas for froggo!

if ratbeard want i could tell him them...

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
My favorite companions are mainly my keisuke yagi which is the crown of kan po, and my el toro. they are both swashbucklers and strong as ever. they are both promoted to the last level *so far* and they have tons of cool abilities.

Petty Officer
Nov 29, 2011
My favorite companion is definetly: El Toro!! For one reason, he has a good skill pool. For another reason, he has the coolest criticals!!