Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ze Spiral Cousine: What's on the Menu?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
This is a little silly post I wanted to make. Through out the Spiral, we get a very good amount of cultural exposure and a variety in themes. But have you ever taken the experience even further to give get an idea on what the average person of worlds does? More specifically, what they eat? I want to expand a bit on a imaginary level and be creative to get a sense of what in the world are some of the dishes in the Spiral? (if you're up for participating, don't be afraid to use worlds we havent gone to, yet! We may not actually go there but that doesnt mean they don't exist! And for all of you who play Wizard101, pet snacks count too! Lastly, be as creative as you'd like! Try a pun or 2 and see what'cha get!)

Here's a little story for ya!:
Just recently, I did a little tour around the Spiral to see what else could be lying around each corner. Not just for the fact that I was seriously curious, but my crew and I were getting tired of the moldy Yum-bread, stinky cheese, and smuggled eggs that always went bad from the Wharf Rat I buy them from (Hey, can you really blame a Pirate for being cheap?). So on that note we set sail!

In Monquista, after being able to traverse the endless amount of Monquistan ships that had their cannons just ready to blow us out of the skies, we found a quaint enough vendor in St. Bonobo's Abbey selling potato omelettes. They weren't bad actually and good enough to have them for breakfast every day but, in my opinion, it wasn't worth the effort if the Monquistion is still looking for my head.

Next I found myself in a small world called Candy World. It's pretty out of the way and always has the scent of fresh pastries, chocolates, and candies. The locals kept saying this legend of an Ice fairy Wizard who stopped her 2 sisters from creating some giant Gingerbread army. I didn't buy a word of it, but I'll tell ya, this world has the best chocolate in the Spiral! It's was embarrassing that Subodai had to pull me out of them before I ate the cookie walls.

Avalon was nice as I couldn't resist spending gold to the ol' villagers for more of there Crab Knight Cakes and Bogwichs.

When we arrived in Marleybone, Bonnie Anne found nice shops that had Bubble and Squeak and Crumpets. Yum! Nom Nom Nom!!!

Polaris has nothing but pickled herring at every corner. Pickled Herring. Pickled Herring. Ooh, pickled herring. I was "lucky" enough to find a Penguin selling Pickled Herring Shaved Ice. Yum?

When our ship landed back in MooShu, we decided to try this fruit called Mander-in Orange that grew around. They're pretty tasty, but the savoriness ended shortly. Let's just say, sheep diffinately don't like sneaks before the product's packed lol.

Valencia had a nice selection of dishes, such as Crab-ellini and Ratatouille, but the prices for them was outrangeous! I didn't mind though. As a Swashbuckler from Scrimshaw I know that Wharf Rats are the only ones to make a mean plate of pasta.

What tasty adventure have you been on?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
(First of all, that post just made my morning!)

Aye; the dishes and delicacies of the Spiral vary from world to world. Me? I've been stuck on this blasted island (and in its broken-down lighthouse) for a few months now - thanks to the Frogfather's Syndicate and a darned promise, I'm keeping my head down! That isn't to say that I haven't found good eats around my new home, though.
For the longest time, see, I never took a second glance on how many of my enemies lived on the land. In fact, I would have believed that the Troggies and skeletons smuggled food out of the court if I hadn't seen them myself. After just avoiding being food myself, I was quite surprised to find cheeks of a batacuda still roasting on a spit. Though I was a little offended that mine and the batacuda's weren't very much different, I nabbed the creature in an instant, speeding to a run from the haunted forest. (Once a thief, always a thief, right?) With juicing Yum-Yum fruit as a family tradition, I can happily say dinner that evening was quite nice.
After that experience, I started to watch a little more than rip everything up in that forest. The next weeks were spent to watching tribal life, during which I had to lay in the mud through several ceremonies and karaoke contests before I got to see the grub. However, it's been quite worth my time; on my own, I can spear batacuda, string a ripe honey-vine, boil treant leaves, and even melt down fog crystals. (That's a W101 reference, right there...)
Oceanpainting, if I could perhaps treat you to dinner, could you sail me out of here?

With a morning (and bata pate) made,

D.S. Devereaux
Viva los Piratas!

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
My pirate grew up in marleybone for most her life. What she mostly eat back there was wonderful since she lived a rich life. Even know we marleybonians have our tastes for tea i always wonder where the best tea is .... but after being tossed to skull island my hunt continues on

Skull island pretty rotton, the food so bad i barely eat! At least the fish all right. To bad I never eat crab cause that would hurt my partner nala(she's my pet crimsom crawle)

When i made it to monquista I found out about their many banana dishes .... and to keep myself from going nuts i tried the cheaper foods such as Jamico Beans, Caeso, and some lovely fruit yogurt. Their famous banana tea is not as famous as i hoped ... but the cocatina cafe is great!

Valencia was not much of a brainer. but when I "borrowed" their recipe book I just fell in love with these great food! but i keep buring most of what i make even back at home. At least i getting better

Cool ranch got some pretty good western food. Mostly Box BBQ and Beak-en wings were fine but what Is great was my friend invented a new invention thanks to some peppers i found .... Spice fuel! its to powerful to use as fuel but its great to put in a enemy or an unexpected person water ...

Mooshu was the Best! Home of the riches teas . They don't just have the best imperial tea they also have tea from other worlds too! Red tea, Coco tea, Portman tea, Fang tea, Rex tea ... wait rex tea? Anyhow I tried their foo yarn dishes and such but I guess the best thing Ever was when I finally tried skull island and mooshu yum tea. I guess you can say I can live with it. guess the best food is also those closest to home ... pirate home that is.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
My tasty food adventure: I was in Skull Island one day tryin' out th' grub 'n well they had Batacuda, Rotten Stew, 'n Crab. me Crimson Crawlie won't let me have crab cause he would feel offended. We then went to Arrr Ranch 'n it had some jolly Buffaloon meat. I liked it then I traveled to Monquista. Now Monquista had some jolly tasty Bananas which I really like. 'tis pretty jolly if ye ask me. I then went to Valencia 'n they had th' finest grub in th' Spiral 'n Marleybone did to. I then traveled to Mooshu 'n I had Pigsy fer midday meal! Yummy! Just kiddin', just kiddin'. I would never put grub in me gullet Pigsy. I had ham though. I was used to Skull Island grub but it was a wee wee bit jolly so I gonna stash up th' grub fer a month 'n do 'tis every month. Th' end.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
winter goddess on Apr 18, 2013 wrote:
My pirate grew up in marleybone for most her life. What she mostly eat back there was wonderful since she lived a rich life. Even know we marleybonians have our tastes for tea i always wonder where the best tea is .... but after being tossed to skull island my hunt continues on

Skull island pretty rotton, the food so bad i barely eat! At least the fish all right. To bad I never eat crab cause that would hurt my partner nala(she's my pet crimsom crawle)

When i made it to monquista I found out about their many banana dishes .... and to keep myself from going nuts i tried the cheaper foods such as Jamico Beans, Caeso, and some lovely fruit yogurt. Their famous banana tea is not as famous as i hoped ... but the cocatina cafe is great!

Valencia was not much of a brainer. but when I "borrowed" their recipe book I just fell in love with these great food! but i keep buring most of what i make even back at home. At least i getting better

Cool ranch got some pretty good western food. Mostly Box BBQ and Beak-en wings were fine but what Is great was my friend invented a new invention thanks to some peppers i found .... Spice fuel! its to powerful to use as fuel but its great to put in a enemy or an unexpected person water ...

Mooshu was the Best! Home of the riches teas . They don't just have the best imperial tea they also have tea from other worlds too! Red tea, Coco tea, Portman tea, Fang tea, Rex tea ... wait rex tea? Anyhow I tried their foo yarn dishes and such but I guess the best thing Ever was when I finally tried skull island and mooshu yum tea. I guess you can say I can live with it. guess the best food is also those closest to home ... pirate home that is.
Oh, that's quite the adventure, young Pirate. What is the best tea in the Spiral? Hmm, I love Echo-nacea tea. The plant grows all around Darkmoor. Be careful though! The Darkmoorians/ites say the plant can said ye a wail so loud, you'll be stunned for a day. But, belaying that, with the right amount of honey, it's simply delightful with warm biscuits and cake. Unfortunately, I haven't much since my Valencia days, but it's well worth it if I'm fighting for my friends honor!

Another good tea is Skull-Cap Tea. You can find the Buffaloes using it in Cool Ranch as well as many parts of Darkmoor. It's got a tremendously grand flavor. Despite it's dark name, it helps calm the mind and reduces any stress or restlessness you may have. So perfect for the Pirates who get tired of the heavy battle. Be warned though! The more you drink, the sleepier you get until you've gone and passed out! Almost as if you're dead (no not really...I hope) I can't tell you how many times my crew's fallen out on me, once they've had a jug of it before battle.

Next time you find yourself in those skies, stop by a tavern and have a sip or two!

Bosun
May 06, 2009
DS Devereaux on Apr 18, 2013 wrote:
(First of all, that post just made my morning!)

Aye; the dishes and delicacies of the Spiral vary from world to world. Me? I've been stuck on this blasted island (and in its broken-down lighthouse) for a few months now - thanks to the Frogfather's Syndicate and a darned promise, I'm keeping my head down! That isn't to say that I haven't found good eats around my new home, though.
For the longest time, see, I never took a second glance on how many of my enemies lived on the land. In fact, I would have believed that the Troggies and skeletons smuggled food out of the court if I hadn't seen them myself. After just avoiding being food myself, I was quite surprised to find cheeks of a batacuda still roasting on a spit. Though I was a little offended that mine and the batacuda's weren't very much different, I nabbed the creature in an instant, speeding to a run from the haunted forest. (Once a thief, always a thief, right?) With juicing Yum-Yum fruit as a family tradition, I can happily say dinner that evening was quite nice.
After that experience, I started to watch a little more than rip everything up in that forest. The next weeks were spent to watching tribal life, during which I had to lay in the mud through several ceremonies and karaoke contests before I got to see the grub. However, it's been quite worth my time; on my own, I can spear batacuda, string a ripe honey-vine, boil treant leaves, and even melt down fog crystals. (That's a W101 reference, right there...)
Oceanpainting, if I could perhaps treat you to dinner, could you sail me out of here?

With a morning (and bata pate) made,

D.S. Devereaux
Viva los Piratas!
Hmmm, battacuda dinner to get a Pirate of an island, eh? But of course! Subodai nor Gaspard will stop badgering me about catching up more for dinner. Don't they know those things pac a bite? My nimble legs will not stand for it! lol But yes I'd be more than happy to.

But are you able to wait a bit? I was in Avernus Skyway looking for the hot Draconionions that grow right on the floating rocks when suddenly, tons of Bone Drakes came flying on to my ship. We barely made it out a live! And I busted out of an Armada prison for crying out loud!. So unfortunately my Ship's rudder is completely torched. And I can pretty much say the same for my Monquistan Explorer's rear end. Heh, heh... They don't kid about it being the Spirals most dangerous skyway do they? lol

Captain
May 02, 2009
As a buccaneer from the Isle of the Bears (Grizzleheim) I'm always looking for recipes to make the finest feasts!

Skull Island had one of the worst since all there was Yum products, Water Mole remedies, vicious sky fish, and Wharf Rat Pasta (btw Ratbeard makes the best pasta XD) But that wasn't good enough

In Monquista, all there was there was Bananas, Lemonade, Bananas, Monkey-Eating Roots, Bananas, Dry Water, Bananas, vicious sky fish and inadequate scorpions and crabs, Bananas, oh wait did I forget to mention Bananas?

Valencia has fine cuisine, Shrimp, Lobster, Crab, Broken Armada men, being chased out the world by clockworks, and oh yeah, getting an Armada head cup.

Cool Ranch is very 'Original', me and my crew had feasts on yum, chicken, tea, stolen, stolen tacos, fajitas, and a pile of bandits. Oh, I almost forgot to mention bumpaloon meat and many other commodities.

Mooshu was a blast! We had every thing you could imagine! Tea, wheat bread, bowls of fruit, Ki-Rin meat, storm koi soufflé, Flying Turtle casserole,Storm Shark Cake and Dragon Soup. If was all going perfectly, until we picnicked under a Yum Tree (go figure)

Finally before we retired from our journey, we feasted in Zafaria. There we were treated like family! We ate jackal tail, Rhino Burgers, Zebra sandwiches, Lion wings with Gorilla Dip and some weird bug thing. We would've stayed the night but apparently a powerful witchdoctor was causing chaos. They called her some Dark Queen? Night Queen? Shadow Queen? Umbra Queen! Anyway, I still haven't found the best feast! Best of luck to ye all!

Ruthless Luke Richardson
Shogun Warrior

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Apr 19, 2013 wrote:
Hmmm, battacuda dinner to get a Pirate of an island, eh? But of course! Subodai nor Gaspard will stop badgering me about catching up more for dinner. Don't they know those things pac a bite? My nimble legs will not stand for it! lol But yes I'd be more than happy to.

But are you able to wait a bit? I was in Avernus Skyway looking for the hot Draconionions that grow right on the floating rocks when suddenly, tons of Bone Drakes came flying on to my ship. We barely made it out a live! And I busted out of an Armada prison for crying out loud!. So unfortunately my Ship's rudder is completely torched. And I can pretty much say the same for my Monquistan Explorer's rear end. Heh, heh... They don't kid about it being the Spirals most dangerous skyway do they? lol
Dracononions, you say? They'd be good with Curly fries, which are the best down in Arroyo Grande. Trust me - I've got all the time in the world here, so take your time. For torched ships, sometimes using the oil of Valencian olives on the rudder will make it a tad bit stronger; it's some
To answer your question, yes; the batacuda sure do bite! It's quite the challenge nabbing from behind and taking 'em out before they snap. Of course, my loyal Skarakeet, Nikeeta, helps out quite a bit. Still, bring that scorched ship of yours (and some pepper) and get me out of here!

Viva los Piratas!
D.S. Devereaux

Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
For me I grew up in mooshu

When I was on mooshu I drinked a huge amount of tea and ate too many sushi. Bonnie Anne didn't really like the sushis she ate.

Next I came to skull island and drank a heap of yum related food.Everyone in my crew went crazy with yum!

Then I came to cool ranch.I had to eat buffaloons and a heap of BBQ Mormo and Kan po didn't like their food at all and decided not to eat

Next we came to Velancia And had a fancy food we had to eat beef,chicken,bacon,ham and some jelly for desert.We drank water and ice in it.

Finally we came to marleybone and ate a normal diet there were cakes and fruit.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Before my pirates were orphaned (they are all brothers) they grew up in Valencia. Valencia has the most finest of foods, like Italian crab cakes. Another of their famous delicacies is that they make something called aristocrat's stew (the EXACT opposite of slumgullion stew) the stew had the most finest ingredients around the spiral, and sometimes they spike it with yum to add a bite of flavor ( that stew is to die for). The Valencians also knew how to make the best Polarian Hot Chocolate (no pickled haring may I mind you) made from dark chocolate, white chocolate, and milk chocolate, with snow whip cream to give it a smooth taste, and a Polarian snow cherry for a little fruity flavor. A fine drink they have for swashbucklers only was Assassin's Gloom Yum (its because swashbucklers with this power (or Assassin's mist) are immune to it's deadly poison) it was made from assassin's thorns, roses, vines, and roots mixed with yum for a little more savory flavor. There are many worlds in the spiral, but their food PALES to compare to the culinary styles of Valencia.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Oceanpainting, what a delightful thread! And Destiny, you're in hiding from the Frogfather's Syndicate, again? What did you try to steal... er, liberate... this time? As for me, I'd love to help, but right now I've had to hole up in a cave in Cool Ranch. Seems a Wild Bunch captain took exception when I called him a no-good coward for attacking an innocent family. And I might of said a few other things too... well, it was the heat of battle, and months ago, really! I was on a peaceful visit to resupply the things we became fond of here - corn meal, tomatoes, peppers, and squash of all sorts, and this bandit captain comes after us with a whole bunch of his wild friends. Good thing Mustang Sally and Don Rodrigo made an excellent breakfast this morning of huevos cool-rancheros. Don Rodrigo, despite his noble status, can make the finest tortillas and Mustang Sally's tomato-chili sauce is superb.
But now we are getting hungry, and there are only tiny, bony fish and tinier crawfish in the cave pools here, so I better think of something. Hmm, the surfaces of these large crystals are almost mirror-like; I wonder if I can turn that to my advantage...
So far my favorite food is the chocolate drink I discovered in St. Bonobo's Abbey. This hot beverage, smooth, rich and flavored too with cinnamon, is the most incredible thing I've ever tasted. Not being able to renew my supply might be the worst thing about having a bounty on my head in Monquista. Oceanpainting, do you think we could meet up in a tavern somewhere, and you could tell me more about Candy World, and perhaps how to sail to that wondrous place?
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Apr 21, 2013 wrote:
Oceanpainting, what a delightful thread! And Destiny, you're in hiding from the Frogfather's Syndicate, again? What did you try to steal... er, liberate... this time? As for me, I'd love to help, but right now I've had to hole up in a cave in Cool Ranch. Seems a Wild Bunch captain took exception when I called him a no-good coward for attacking an innocent family. And I might of said a few other things too... well, it was the heat of battle, and months ago, really! I was on a peaceful visit to resupply the things we became fond of here - corn meal, tomatoes, peppers, and squash of all sorts, and this bandit captain comes after us with a whole bunch of his wild friends. Good thing Mustang Sally and Don Rodrigo made an excellent breakfast this morning of huevos cool-rancheros. Don Rodrigo, despite his noble status, can make the finest tortillas and Mustang Sally's tomato-chili sauce is superb.
But now we are getting hungry, and there are only tiny, bony fish and tinier crawfish in the cave pools here, so I better think of something. Hmm, the surfaces of these large crystals are almost mirror-like; I wonder if I can turn that to my advantage...
So far my favorite food is the chocolate drink I discovered in St. Bonobo's Abbey. This hot beverage, smooth, rich and flavored too with cinnamon, is the most incredible thing I've ever tasted. Not being able to renew my supply might be the worst thing about having a bounty on my head in Monquista. Oceanpainting, do you think we could meet up in a tavern somewhere, and you could tell me more about Candy World, and perhaps how to sail to that wondrous place?
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Bartender! Two mugs of Yum, this way, please! Don't doddle! I've got a story to tell!

So ye want to know more about the wondrous land o' Candy World, ye say? Har har! I'll spin ye the tale of that sweet place.
Candy World is not too small. Eh...,about yeigh big? It's got chocolate rivers, lollipop meadows, Candy Cane trees, and cookie roads (I LOVE the chocolate chip and sugar cookie ones). There are huge Gum Drop Mountains that are sugar topped. At there highest peaks lies the best Ice cream anyone could stuff down their gullet. You can find Soda Hot Springs here and there near these mountains. I've taken a dip while I was there but I felt very sticking afterwards. I could barely get candy out of me own hair for awhile!The meadows grow taffy grasses and lollipop flowers, rarest of their kind and flying Marshmellow Tweets chirp in tree to tree. Gingerbread and cookie villages lie at every corner. Mostly faeries, children, and, of course, candy people live on this fine world. It's pretty calming and sweet. I barely believed me own eyes when I saw it. Then again once you've seen Skyrens and Skymaids, you believe in just about anything.

This sugary world does huge amount of trade with the world of the Gobblers, Gobblerton! Unfortunately, the worlds been haunted by evil witches of all kinds. I have found a few nice ones who helped me escape to Candy World. To get to Gobblerton, you'll need to use the Stormgate to Wizard City, as the Gobblers now live somewhere on the main land of that world. And to get to Wizard City, you'll need to go to Grizzleheim as they have recently established trade so I here.

Be warned, though! I was nearly blown out of the skies by a Pirate looking for a way to Candy World. With all them witches, dark sorcerrors and a nasty witchdoctors in Gobblerton, it's nearly impossible. If only a proprietor of magical arts with equal, maybe even stronger, power could come a banish those dark ones. Anyhow, the Pirate's name is Cap'n McBuckles. He's been looking for this world for as long as anyone knows. He wants to find Candy World to eat all the candy and keep the sweet loot to himself. He's got a lacky, young Hot Cake but his side and I tell ya that little kind a wily one; using pure kindness and unnerving happiness to through even a cold-heart like Ratbeard off. He uses a huge whale named Bubbles to get around. She's apparently quite the talker (is that so surprising after the whole Captain Gunn scenario?).

Don't be discouraged though. It's not a bad world to go see and eat a little of (I mean that literally. The dirt tastes like chocolate powder, chocolate chips, chocolate chunks and smashed cocoa beans all in one!). But It takes some time to sail to mind you. The only bad to this world is the locals talk of a return of a "Gingerbread Army" from two sisters and that "Lord Licorice" will come back to rule the Candy Kingdom. Dunno if I get it. I did say you could believe almost every tale, right?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Apr 21, 2013 wrote:
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
x Applauds x Anne I could listen to your yarns all night. You have such a delightful way with the weaving of enticing tidbits of story and concocting them into another masterpiece. Please keep up your enlightened tapestry for the mental eye weaving. I will cherish each and every one.
And I also echo your praise to Oceanpainting: What a wonderful idea to start. You have triggered the process of stirring the fertile imaginations of the artists that inhabit the KI spirals. Very Well Done.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Still, Valencia has the best of food.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Anne; Yes, I'm in hiding again, and it doesn't look like Avery's going to bail me out this time. The trouble was nabbing one or two (or ten, or twenty) Zafarite Gelatin cubes - you'd never believe the stuff! Created from the priceless gems deep in the Zafarian Savannah, Marleybonians found the gems to be quite sweet to the taste when mixed with a little lime and, er, jelly-stuff. It was too good to resist. (The Frogfather, er, forgot my birthday, anyways.)
Speaking of limes, you'd love the number of Qui Limes found here. Native to Monquista City, they're not as tart as I'd imagined, perhaps losing some of the potency in the darkness of the forest. However, they're growing like ivy and just as fast, clinging to water-inhabiting trees and falling quickly once mature. I found them sort of sweet in the aftertaste, but they took some getting used to. At least I won't be another scurvy dog out here. Yum's hard to come by, though. Think one of you could bring some when you stop by?

Viva los Piratas! (that translates, or is supposed to translate to, "Long Live the Pirates!".)

D.S. Devereaux

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Oceanpainting, that tale was amazing. (I felt like I had entered one of Baum's _Oz_ books!) Simply splendid! Anne just listens wide-eyed as you spin the story of your adventure. You can tell she believes every word you say! When you finish, she thinks for a moment. "But, to defeat the threatened Gingerbread Army, couldn't they just lay in a large supply of milk and pour it from the chocolate castle's ramparts to halt any siege? As long as they don't try to boil the milk, anyway, which would also destroy their walls... Or would that be too much milk to obtain? Or, is 'milk' a forbidden word in a land of cookies as well as other sweets?" Sighs. "I would love to go there someday. And maybe we can help them in their fight against Captain McBuckles! The villain, wanting all the candy! Didn't his parents ever teach him to share?"
Though I have to admit, growing up with six pig foster siblings (ninjas in training) in MooShu, learning to share was sometimes quite a chore. Occasionally, my foster mom would get sufficiently frustrated with our squabbling and brew us a large pot of Lotus Tea. It was quite sweet, so we liked it, but then for some reason we would all calm down, and be not inclined to quarrel at all. We even would eat *all* our vegetables at dinner those days, while my foster parents brewed themselves a nice pot of Moolong tea, and enjoyed the temporary peace and quiet.
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Apr 22, 2013 wrote:
Bartender! Two mugs of Yum, this way, please! Don't doddle! I've got a story to tell!

So ye want to know more about the wondrous land o' Candy World, ye say? Har har! I'll spin ye the tale of that sweet place.
Candy World is not too small. Eh...,about yeigh big? It's got chocolate rivers, lollipop meadows, Candy Cane trees, and cookie roads (I LOVE the chocolate chip and sugar cookie ones). There are huge Gum Drop Mountains that are sugar topped. At there highest peaks lies the best Ice cream anyone could stuff down their gullet. You can find Soda Hot Springs here and there near these mountains. I've taken a dip while I was there but I felt very sticking afterwards. I could barely get candy out of me own hair for awhile!The meadows grow taffy grasses and lollipop flowers, rarest of their kind and flying Marshmellow Tweets chirp in tree to tree. Gingerbread and cookie villages lie at every corner. Mostly faeries, children, and, of course, candy people live on this fine world. It's pretty calming and sweet. I barely believed me own eyes when I saw it. Then again once you've seen Skyrens and Skymaids, you believe in just about anything.

This sugary world does huge amount of trade with the world of the Gobblers, Gobblerton! Unfortunately, the worlds been haunted by evil witches of all kinds. I have found a few nice ones who helped me escape to Candy World. To get to Gobblerton, you'll need to use the Stormgate to Wizard City, as the Gobblers now live somewhere on the main land of that world. And to get to Wizard City, you'll need to go to Grizzleheim as they have recently established trade so I here.

Be warned, though! I was nearly blown out of the skies by a Pirate looking for a way to Candy World. With all them witches, dark sorcerrors and a nasty witchdoctors in Gobblerton, it's nearly impossible. If only a proprietor of magical arts with equal, maybe even stronger, power could come a banish those dark ones. Anyhow, the Pirate's name is Cap'n McBuckles. He's been looking for this world for as long as anyone knows. He wants to find Candy World to eat all the candy and keep the sweet loot to himself. He's got a lacky, young Hot Cake but his side and I tell ya that little kind a wily one; using pure kindness and unnerving happiness to through even a cold-heart like Ratbeard off. He uses a huge whale named Bubbles to get around. She's apparently quite the talker (is that so surprising after the whole Captain Gunn scenario?).

Don't be discouraged though. It's not a bad world to go see and eat a little of (I mean that literally. The dirt tastes like chocolate powder, chocolate chips, chocolate chunks and smashed cocoa beans all in one!). But It takes some time to sail to mind you. The only bad to this world is the locals talk of a return of a "Gingerbread Army" from two sisters and that "Lord Licorice" will come back to rule the Candy Kingdom. Dunno if I get it. I did say you could believe almost every tale, right?
x Wipes drool x Wow, I love how you think . Any chance of selling maps to this place. Man, I am SO hungry now.

Ensign
Oct 01, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Apr 22, 2013 wrote:

Hmm, this pirates you speak of sound familiar to me, are you sure that whale of theirs wasnt a skywhale like the one Jonah Town resides on.
As for me, i've always been a picky pirate; my Buccaneer has never really enjoyed much of the exotic foods of Mooshu where we grew up as an orphan. Though when we set sail to Cool Ranch awhile back, he found many foods of interest. The hospitally of the taverns in Cooper's Roost and Santo Pollo just made me stay for much of the food. My personally favorite were the Buffaloon burgers on Yum bread buns. Mmm yup! nothing can beat quite a taste combo of buffaloon meat and yum bread. Hey Baretender! send over another helping of those Buffaloon burgers and a tall bottle of yum too for my crew over here!

See ye all around the Spiral and Skyways:
Humble Jack Jackson, lvl 35 Buccaneer
Wordy Paul Jackson, lvl 9 Witchdoctor
Quick Aedan Jackson, lvl 9 Swashbuckler
Loyal Oran Jackson, lvl 8 Privateer
Connor Jackson, lvl 9 Musketeer

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
DS Devereaux on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
Anne; Yes, I'm in hiding again, and it doesn't look like Avery's going to bail me out this time. The trouble was nabbing one or two (or ten, or twenty) Zafarite Gelatin cubes - you'd never believe the stuff! Created from the priceless gems deep in the Zafarian Savannah, Marleybonians found the gems to be quite sweet to the taste when mixed with a little lime and, er, jelly-stuff. It was too good to resist. (The Frogfather, er, forgot my birthday, anyways.)
Speaking of limes, you'd love the number of Qui Limes found here. Native to Monquista City, they're not as tart as I'd imagined, perhaps losing some of the potency in the darkness of the forest. However, they're growing like ivy and just as fast, clinging to water-inhabiting trees and falling quickly once mature. I found them sort of sweet in the aftertaste, but they took some getting used to. At least I won't be another scurvy dog out here. Yum's hard to come by, though. Think one of you could bring some when you stop by?

Viva los Piratas! (that translates, or is supposed to translate to, "Long Live the Pirates!".)

D.S. Devereaux
Destiny, do you realize you are sitting on a veritable fruit goldmine, those qui limes [nice pun!] you discovered? A fruit gold mine that does not involve you interfering with the Frogfather's network? The 'Kraken Skull' has a new Watermole cook, and she has become famous all over the island for her light and lucious Qui lime pie. But the inkeeper was just complaining the other day that the troubles in Monquista have inhibited the usual supply of fruits, meaning no banana cream pie or Qui lime pie. He's losing customers, and getting desperate. I'm sure he will pay well, and perhaps you could take some of those limes over to the Frogfather as a peace offering (you don't have to tell him where they came from!).
I'll swing over as soon as I see Madame Vadima -- I need her advice on traversing the dimensions to get to you. Sailing to worlds, that I can understand, sailing between dimensions is another matter. Fortunately, I don't have to understand it, just follow her advice carefully. And yes, I'll bring plenty of Yum!
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
Destiny, do you realize you are sitting on a veritable fruit goldmine, those qui limes [nice pun!] you discovered? A fruit gold mine that does not involve you interfering with the Frogfather's network? The 'Kraken Skull' has a new Watermole cook, and she has become famous all over the island for her light and lucious Qui lime pie. But the inkeeper was just complaining the other day that the troubles in Monquista have inhibited the usual supply of fruits, meaning no banana cream pie or Qui lime pie. He's losing customers, and getting desperate. I'm sure he will pay well, and perhaps you could take some of those limes over to the Frogfather as a peace offering (you don't have to tell him where they came from!).
I'll swing over as soon as I see Madame Vadima -- I need her advice on traversing the dimensions to get to you. Sailing to worlds, that I can understand, sailing between dimensions is another matter. Fortunately, I don't have to understand it, just follow her advice carefully. And yes, I'll bring plenty of Yum!
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Thanks for the news flash; it seems like nobody wants to deliver the Tribune to me. Those limes aren't anything like Yum, but I'm sure they'll harbor a coin. (I ought to make myself one of those pies!) My problem will be sailing out far enough to find a place to sell without getting caught. Sailing between dimensions, though; what have you run into?

To top the Qui limes off, I've found quite a bit more food around the island. One of my favorite things to look for nowadays are certain roots. Scrimshaparilla roots have proved to be quite useful (and tasty) while growing plentifully. It seems like it's from somewhere a little warmer than Monquista, though I guess it could grow there if nurtured correctly. Weren't they named after being found in Skull Island, anyways?
Digging up for carrots is a pain, however - the soil isn't too good for the thicker roots without the pools. I dug up a lot of golden carrots before I decided to abandon them instead of break my jaw. However, I did loot a few of the skeletons and found myself a can of, uh, age-old beans. It's food, OK? The dead man wasn't very happy about it, though, so I'm barring the door tonight.

Destiny skips off into the distance, singing, "Beans, beans, the magical fruit; the more I eat, the more I'll loot!"

Viva los Piratas!

D.S. Devereaux

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DS Devereaux on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for the news flash; it seems like nobody wants to deliver the Tribune to me. Those limes aren't anything like Yum, but I'm sure they'll harbor a coin. (I ought to make myself one of those pies!) My problem will be sailing out far enough to find a place to sell without getting caught. Sailing between dimensions, though; what have you run into?

To top the Qui limes off, I've found quite a bit more food around the island. One of my favorite things to look for nowadays are certain roots. Scrimshaparilla roots have proved to be quite useful (and tasty) while growing plentifully. It seems like it's from somewhere a little warmer than Monquista, though I guess it could grow there if nurtured correctly. Weren't they named after being found in Skull Island, anyways?
Digging up for carrots is a pain, however - the soil isn't too good for the thicker roots without the pools. I dug up a lot of golden carrots before I decided to abandon them instead of break my jaw. However, I did loot a few of the skeletons and found myself a can of, uh, age-old beans. It's food, OK? The dead man wasn't very happy about it, though, so I'm barring the door tonight.

Destiny skips off into the distance, singing, "Beans, beans, the magical fruit; the more I eat, the more I'll loot!"

Viva los Piratas!

D.S. Devereaux
Well done. You always make me giggle, and as being a chronic pain patient who plays to keep her mind off of the pain, your posts work wonderful medicine. Between you and Anne, who need a library? You two should combine all this stuff into a diary book and make a blog out of it on one of those sites that pay you for readers. Trust me you two will become very wealthy. Your stuff is wonderful and makes my reading happiness meter peg into the red every time. When you have your first book signing I am bringing a first edition for autographs from the pirate masters.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
Well done. You always make me giggle, and as being a chronic pain patient who plays to keep her mind off of the pain, your posts work wonderful medicine. Between you and Anne, who need a library? You two should combine all this stuff into a diary book and make a blog out of it on one of those sites that pay you for readers. Trust me you two will become very wealthy. Your stuff is wonderful and makes my reading happiness meter peg into the red every time. When you have your first book signing I am bringing a first edition for autographs from the pirate masters.
Awwh, what do I say? I actually do have a blog that I tend to in this community, but I'm afraid I'll have to stop explaining it there. That's a funny idea, though - I have a short list of conversations with my IRL friends that I liked to look back to every once and a while. It made my evening to know you liked my work. In fact, it makes my forum-morale raise when I see you complimenting others and being such a nice posting pirate. The forums need more people like you! :)

Beans, beans, another magical fruit;
The more I eat, the more I'll loot!
Deadmen, skeletons, ghosties beware -
The tin cans are never safe in the Flotsam air.
Whether hot, cold, or toasty,
I'm sure to make the most-y
Of what's there inside.
Whether pinto, pixelated, or even that of soy,
I'll be sure to holler, "BEANS AHOY!" - I'm not kidding, these things are even better when paired with the batacuda.

Viva los Canned Beans!

D.S. Devereaux

(Just by the way, more A Survivor's Word is on the way; I'm compiling the last parts and looking through a large section for fluency.)

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Valzabrat, you are a very kind person, Thank you. Though the real credit for imaginative posting goes to Oceanpainting, who started this thread and has beautifully elaborated it, as well as all the other inventive (and punny) posters. It would be fun to have a story with Anne and Destiny, as they are so very different but both essentially good-hearted (and the trouble those two could get into!) but I wouldn't know how to go about it. The Pirate101 story (really, connected stories) is so excellent and inspiring, that derivative stories just seem to pop out!
And Destiny... hmmm. Maybe I'll put off coming for a few hours, just to make sure all those beans have been fully digested. And be careful with matches! (phew) At least you have fiber in your diet now. Batacudas and qui limes are tasty but rather lacking in that... er... essential.
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
so basically where giving ideas that we can eat in the spiral ok...not too bad of an idea

Bosun
May 06, 2009
thatonevalenciansw... on May 1, 2013 wrote:
so basically where giving ideas that we can eat in the spiral ok...not too bad of an idea
Yes...and no. We're not really trying to tell any ideas to bring into the Spiral (but it could appear that way). We're really trying to take the experience further and create small funny stories of our Pirates scouring for the tastiest morsel (or just something you ate in the Worlds of the Spiral. Pirate's gotta eat you know?)