Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ze Spiral Cousine: What's on the Menu?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on May 1, 2013 wrote:
Yes...and no. We're not really trying to tell any ideas to bring into the Spiral (but it could appear that way). We're really trying to take the experience further and create small funny stories of our Pirates scouring for the tastiest morsel (or just something you ate in the Worlds of the Spiral. Pirate's gotta eat you know?)
ok ill think of some
skull island:me and my crew enjoy good sushi every so often(sounds like mooshu but there fish everywhere so? can you blame me?) sometimes we milk as we call sky jellyfish for well what do you think and we check if theres any bread and peanut butter,sarah steele:this peanutbutter he has peanutbutter in the username?
me:no sarah dont destroy my computer and pause that youtube video for me sarah:ok,anyways we make sandwitches from the jelly
monquista:when me and my crew arent busy getting chased by the navy we enjoy some banana's well my crew at least i hate banana's
valencia:we enjoy pizza with a few toppings,pasta indgredients(ratbeard would make into spagetti) and a few exspensive meals(which my female companion's the few that there are enjoy dates with their sweetscoundrel in otherwords pirate boyfriend while eating these on said dates)
cool ranch:WE ENJOY SOME DEEEEEEEEELISH BUFFALOOOOOON BURGER'S WITH BBQ SAUCE AND CHEEESE and disturbingly froggo villa actually eats scorpions(gross i know but ay its his opinion he's allowed to like them)
mooshu:we have some tea,rice and sushi
marleybone:we have some tea,and fancy food there isnt that much do to the war CATBEARD PREDICTED to end very very very soon(stupid catbeard no wonder ratbeard hates you)
aquila:actually i heard they went broke and the armada and valencia bought aquila so basically no aquilain food except for a few which i have not eaten since i have never went to aquila other then that its the same as valencian food.
silver joseph vane

Bosun
May 06, 2009
thatonevalenciansw... on May 2, 2013 wrote:
ok ill think of some
skull island:me and my crew enjoy good sushi every so often(sounds like mooshu but there fish everywhere so? can you blame me?) sometimes we milk as we call sky jellyfish for well what do you think and we check if theres any bread and peanut butter,sarah steele:this peanutbutter he has peanutbutter in the username?
me:no sarah dont destroy my computer and pause that youtube video for me sarah:ok,anyways we make sandwitches from the jelly
monquista:when me and my crew arent busy getting chased by the navy we enjoy some banana's well my crew at least i hate banana's
valencia:we enjoy pizza with a few toppings,pasta indgredients(ratbeard would make into spagetti) and a few exspensive meals(which my female companion's the few that there are enjoy dates with their sweetscoundrel in otherwords pirate boyfriend while eating these on said dates)
cool ranch:WE ENJOY SOME DEEEEEEEEELISH BUFFALOOOOOON BURGER'S WITH BBQ SAUCE AND CHEEESE and disturbingly froggo villa actually eats scorpions(gross i know but ay its his opinion he's allowed to like them)
mooshu:we have some tea,rice and sushi
marleybone:we have some tea,and fancy food there isnt that much do to the war CATBEARD PREDICTED to end very very very soon(stupid catbeard no wonder ratbeard hates you)
aquila:actually i heard they went broke and the armada and valencia bought aquila so basically no aquilain food except for a few which i have not eaten since i have never went to aquila other then that its the same as valencian food.
silver joseph vane
Quite the adventure, Dracula3008. You're intell on Aquila is a little off though. I'm unsure why rumors you've heard among the Wharf Rats, but Valencia has little time to conquer great Aquila. The Empire is greatly thriving and well. I've seen it! Just recently I did another tour of the Spiral and Aquila was one of my recent stops. Beautiful skies and grand buildings, it's a place I wouldn't mind owning a secret hide out in. And the food! Oh...Dracula! You must stop by a shop in Nova Aquila soon. The foods are wonderful. One of my favorite.

The Eagles of Aquila eat a large diet of grains, cheeses, fruits, and vegetables. That's why they're one of the healthiest warriors in the Spiral. I love the Aquilan Olives there. They're to die for! There are many salads such as Aquilan Country Salad that include the olives. No lettuce involved and the mix of cheese, tomato, and olives is a great taste. Have you tried Aquilan Yogurt? Let me tell you, it surely beats Fancy Yogurt! It's smooth and creamy. Plain though it's quite sour and unappealing in my opinion, but 2..3..ah, 4 cups of Honey make all the difference! Another tasty treat is Hawklava Pastry. It's flaky, sweet, and has a delicious syrup baked on it. Very nice for the common sweet tooth. Honey Spice Cookies, better know as Melomakarona (meh-loh-mah-KAH-roh-nah) by the Eagles, is also a delightful treat to pick up. But you better hurry! They sell fast.

Aquilan Bread is also pretty big and just one loaf is a nice snack on the go. But if you're a real Pirate on the go, stop by a stand all over Aquila and buy yourself some Gycrow (YEE-kro) or Souvlaki (soov-LAH-kee). Gycrow is a rotisserie ham placed in a thin pita wrap, shaped like a cone, with tomatoes, onions, and tzatziki (cucumber yogurt dip), and served with fries. Very good and with the right spices, it's awemazing. Souvlaik is skewered meat, or an Aquilan Kebab! They go pretty fast and are very tasty. They're cooked with different times of meats all over Aquila.

If you ever find yourself in Aquila, please try some of the dishes. Also the sites are so very nice, you can find a nice space just to sit down and look around at the lovely geography. But uh...be careful of the Harpies. They're known for being thieves all around. Also the Aquilan Warriors in the army and tournaments have a...um...special habit of doing things. They most times fight or practice sans clothing so it can be very...odd, let's say.

Oh, but enough of all that. Sit down, enjoy the foods, and just let time go by, yes?!

See you in the Spiral!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on May 5, 2013 wrote:
Quite the adventure, Dracula3008. You're intell on Aquila is a little off though. I'm unsure why rumors you've heard among the Wharf Rats, but Valencia has little time to conquer great Aquila. The Empire is greatly thriving and well. I've seen it! Just recently I did another tour of the Spiral and Aquila was one of my recent stops. Beautiful skies and grand buildings, it's a place I wouldn't mind owning a secret hide out in. And the food! Oh...Dracula! You must stop by a shop in Nova Aquila soon. The foods are wonderful. One of my favorite.

The Eagles of Aquila eat a large diet of grains, cheeses, fruits, and vegetables. That's why they're one of the healthiest warriors in the Spiral. I love the Aquilan Olives there. They're to die for! There are many salads such as Aquilan Country Salad that include the olives. No lettuce involved and the mix of cheese, tomato, and olives is a great taste. Have you tried Aquilan Yogurt? Let me tell you, it surely beats Fancy Yogurt! It's smooth and creamy. Plain though it's quite sour and unappealing in my opinion, but 2..3..ah, 4 cups of Honey make all the difference! Another tasty treat is Hawklava Pastry. It's flaky, sweet, and has a delicious syrup baked on it. Very nice for the common sweet tooth. Honey Spice Cookies, better know as Melomakarona (meh-loh-mah-KAH-roh-nah) by the Eagles, is also a delightful treat to pick up. But you better hurry! They sell fast.

Aquilan Bread is also pretty big and just one loaf is a nice snack on the go. But if you're a real Pirate on the go, stop by a stand all over Aquila and buy yourself some Gycrow (YEE-kro) or Souvlaki (soov-LAH-kee). Gycrow is a rotisserie ham placed in a thin pita wrap, shaped like a cone, with tomatoes, onions, and tzatziki (cucumber yogurt dip), and served with fries. Very good and with the right spices, it's awemazing. Souvlaik is skewered meat, or an Aquilan Kebab! They go pretty fast and are very tasty. They're cooked with different times of meats all over Aquila.

If you ever find yourself in Aquila, please try some of the dishes. Also the sites are so very nice, you can find a nice space just to sit down and look around at the lovely geography. But uh...be careful of the Harpies. They're known for being thieves all around. Also the Aquilan Warriors in the army and tournaments have a...um...special habit of doing things. They most times fight or practice sans clothing so it can be very...odd, let's say.

Oh, but enough of all that. Sit down, enjoy the foods, and just let time go by, yes?!

See you in the Spiral!
Oh now that was wonderful. I am positively drooling with hunger now. This sounds so good it is enough incentive to take on Rooke. "Hawklava" I love it Gycrow sounds SO yummy. Plus your pronunciation aids are fabulous. x Gets up to go find something to eat x .

Ensign
Apr 26, 2010
Harr, Don' ever accept a dinner request from Bishop, he's Kane's advisor, see? He'll either be tryin' t' trick ye, an' he'll try t' kill ye once yer there, or ye'll be expected t' drink lubrication grease. Not pleasant, lemme tell yew.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012

See you in the Spiral!
in real life greece the country aquila is likley based of off is broke and while its not taken over by italy in valencia a sidequest says that valencia took over aquila

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012

See you in the Spiral!
Ah, Oceanpainting, you bring back such happy memories! I haven't been to Aquila yet in my own travels, but I remember those sunny skies when my parents visited when I was little. I couldn't get enough of the thick creamy yogurt (just plain was fine for me), the spanicrowpita (a flaky pastry stuffed with feta cheese and spinach), the sticky sweet hawklava, and on practically everything -- the tzatziki sauce! And let me just say that nobody wants any more tzatziki after a grubby four-year-old has been in it! (It was mine, all mine!) Then my dad with his big, dark-skinned hands would toss me up on his shoulders and race me to the beach to clean me up in the warm, sun-sparkled waters. My mom would just stand nearby, laughing, the sunlight turning her hair into a firey glow, until Dad and I started splashing her with water and then we would all have a splendid water fight. At night the stars would be big and bright, each with stories to them, but I was rarely awake: the food, the playing, the things to see... I would be yawning with sleepiness as the sun went down. Yes, it will be lovely to be able to go to Aquila again.
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on May 8, 2013 wrote:
Ah, Oceanpainting, you bring back such happy memories! I haven't been to Aquila yet in my own travels, but I remember those sunny skies when my parents visited when I was little. I couldn't get enough of the thick creamy yogurt (just plain was fine for me), the spanicrowpita (a flaky pastry stuffed with feta cheese and spinach), the sticky sweet hawklava, and on practically everything -- the tzatziki sauce! And let me just say that nobody wants any more tzatziki after a grubby four-year-old has been in it! (It was mine, all mine!) Then my dad with his big, dark-skinned hands would toss me up on his shoulders and race me to the beach to clean me up in the warm, sun-sparkled waters. My mom would just stand nearby, laughing, the sunlight turning her hair into a firey glow, until Dad and I started splashing her with water and then we would all have a splendid water fight. At night the stars would be big and bright, each with stories to them, but I was rarely awake: the food, the playing, the things to see... I would be yawning with sleepiness as the sun went down. Yes, it will be lovely to be able to go to Aquila again.
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Ah, Falstaff27, those are most wonderful memories of the past. It makes an old pirate's heart... ...wait...it makes a pirate's heart warm and soften. Melts it a warm hearth and breaks the salty behavior we come to learn. Maybe one day you'll find you're parents once more, just like finding El Dorado. Also reminds me of my old days as a child with me parents...

But I have no time for remehburr...re-remindees...no that's not it...remberain'ts-see-azz...remote-al-o-cater-o, oh! just remembering things of the past. I am a Pirate after all. Gotta keep eyes on the prize and sail onward to the unknown horizon. Course it's always nice to remember. But, alas, I've just caught wind of an excellent food found by thr Bears out in cold Grizzlehiem and Wintertusk. Plus I just remebered I heard about making the best...hmm forgot about Candy World...the second best ice cream in the Spiral with the brisk snow o' Nodor! I'll need to catch the northern winds that'll be blowing in through Skull Island quick or I'll never make it and bring back a story for ye.

Thanks very much for that lovely tale o' yers from Aquila.
See You in the Spiral!

(Let's go Subodai...and where's my hat?)

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Anne, that post was marvelous!
-
I have yet to taste the Aquilian delicacies, on their native shores, at least. Back when I was just learning to fence, sitting on the wharf of Blood Shoals, a creaky boat sailed my way, offering some sort of "Parakeetsio*". I was offered a sample after flashing the smile I saw a pickpocket employ once. Though awfully stale and perhaps a little spoiled, it was delicious! A layer of creamy pasta was stacked upon with meat and even more pasta. It was so rich that I could only accept another sample before refusing to buy!
However, with a coin demanded by the merchant, I was led onto his ship to browse through Kiteyumdopasto**, which turned out to be a sort of sweet jelly candy. When I refused, I was threatened with a duel. Having no weapon on me at the time, I simply bought a bag of candies, throwing a few at the merchant on his way out. I'd love to try that yogurt, though, and see the stars. From this island, all you can see are the clouds. I made a few sales with the qui-limes, though, so I might be out of here soon.

Viva!

D.S. Devereaux

Bosun
May 06, 2009
thatonevalenciansw... on May 8, 2013 wrote:
in real life greece the country aquila is likley based of off is broke and while its not taken over by italy in valencia a sidequest says that valencia took over aquila
Well keep in mind this is a Magical world so nothing is concrete. Also each world is based off of a time frame of the culture, but not rarely the present day. Marleybone is more based off of 18th Century England than Modern-Day England, just as Monquista is inspired off of the 16th Century time of Spain than present Spain. Present day Greece is facing some economic issuses, but Aquila is based more heavily off of Greece during it's Classical Mythological age and Imperial age around the Trojan Wars, the Illiad, the Odessey, and so on. Those were all the major highlights and righteousness of Greek-culture. Thus, Aquila, according to those days, is perfectly fine and powerful. It is facing a time of war though...

The side quest never said Valencia took over Aquila. It stated that Valencia was now the successor of Aquila's greatness. This means that many of the ideas, philosophies, and architectures of Aquila were brought forward as inspirations for Valencian culture. This is very true. The Romans built much of there culture off of Greece's philosophies. Then the Roman Empire later lead to Italy and the Italian Renassiance, which still used Greek mindsets to create this age of rebirth.

But, we have no time for history lessons. Best be off to the real action of the Spiral.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Next Story!

"My Dinner with Buffaloons, Part 1"

Me and the crew were at a bakery in Big Sky. Everyone got the yum cake, some others also got the Troggy Wrap (Looks like a troggy staff made out of cheese wrapped in a tortilla bun.), and I got 16-pack donuts.

Next thing you know, we were back at the ship inside the dining room. Refusing to try the recipes we got there, Caracticus made a Valencian cordon brew and served it to himself, Gaspard, and Ridolfo. The humble guinea pig threw up in his mouth, and that fine unicorn almost spit it in my face. Apparently, the spit flew out the window and hit a Wild Bunch ship. The donut gourmet I purchased made donuts firing from Bones' and Scratch's guts like a machine gun, and Christobal turned into a Monquistan buffaloon. "AAAAIIIIIMMMM FIIIIIIIIIIREEEEEEE!!!!!" the two bony mages shrieked. Christobal flew out the window and got captured by Bisons.

"AAAAIIIIMMM-BISONS? Wait, Christobal is kidnapped by what?". "Glad I brought my pass. Henare Legbone, Water Mole expert witchdoctor from Scurvy Dog Island.", the latter skeleton explained. "Did you smuggle that from your home? Wow.", Nanu Nanu exclaimed. As well, I explained- "We find that fat monkey at the Bison Camp, err-after dinner?" "Well, deal!", my crew said to me.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Mark Laveer on May 11, 2013 wrote:
Next Story!

"My Dinner with Buffaloons, Part 1"

Me and the crew were at a bakery in Big Sky. Everyone got the yum cake, some others also got the Troggy Wrap (Looks like a troggy staff made out of cheese wrapped in a tortilla bun.), and I got 16-pack donuts.

Next thing you know, we were back at the ship inside the dining room. Refusing to try the recipes we got there, Caracticus made a Valencian cordon brew and served it to himself, Gaspard, and Ridolfo. The humble guinea pig threw up in his mouth, and that fine unicorn almost spit it in my face. Apparently, the spit flew out the window and hit a Wild Bunch ship. The donut gourmet I purchased made donuts firing from Bones' and Scratch's guts like a machine gun, and Christobal turned into a Monquistan buffaloon. "AAAAIIIIIMMMM FIIIIIIIIIIREEEEEEE!!!!!" the two bony mages shrieked. Christobal flew out the window and got captured by Bisons.

"AAAAIIIIMMM-BISONS? Wait, Christobal is kidnapped by what?". "Glad I brought my pass. Henare Legbone, Water Mole expert witchdoctor from Scurvy Dog Island.", the latter skeleton explained. "Did you smuggle that from your home? Wow.", Nanu Nanu exclaimed. As well, I explained- "We find that fat monkey at the Bison Camp, err-after dinner?" "Well, deal!", my crew said to me.
Wow... I never would have come across a bad taste of food. I think I've had my share of...bad experiences of food. I once tried Rotten Candy from Wizard City (I know a guy, ok? Pss...double reference there!). I'm not sure what those people find great about this food. It's got a horrid taste and I think I found a spider or two there. Old Scratch seemed to find it delicious. (Sigh) only the dead could love rotten things it seems. Another was a Misfortune Cookie from the...um...less than prestigious neighborhoods in MooShu. Don't try this at all though! For every one cookie you eat is one event of bad luck. The over all taste isn't bad, but I ended up eating a bowl of them. I was cursed for a whole week. I can't even describe the bad luck I, and my crew for that matter, had. Let's just say, I had many painful sides, inadvertently made many made, had the worst hairday of my life (What? Even guy Swashbucklers need to look somewhat not Pirate-y to have a decent meal) and some embarrassing turn arounds. I'm not going to eat another one of those for awhile. I'm just glad it's over.

Hope you get your Monquistan back!

Oh also want to try a Misfortune Cookie? No? Alright. x pops one in mouth x
Wait...wasn't there a reason I shouldn't be eating these?

x Skarakeets fly over head. And it looks they just finished digesting lunch x

Aw man...

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
EVERYONE post a little food story ok? bai

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
So here I've come to Marleybone, and although I've been warned the food isn't so good, I've found plenty to like. First, the people here - Dogs, Cats, Foxes, and Humans alike - really like meat. There's some sort of meat at every meal, and often it is the major part of it -- so unlike Mooshu where I grew up, and it still seems odd to me. But I do like the jolly way the people often burst out in song in the tavern: "O the Roast Beef of Marleybone, oh for Old Marleybone's Roast Beef" -- that's just the chorus, of course. People sing a lot here, and there are ballad sellers singing their wares on almost every street corner. I've learned a lot of new songs!
Another thing that is popular are puddings. They look a little odd to me, the ingredients boiled together in a cloth, but I quite liked the carrot pudding, the potato pudding, and especially the apple pudding. I thought the liver pudding looked and smelled revolting, though Ratbeard told me that a Rat can't be too picky about what they eat. So I gave him my portion.
There are good cheeses, which made Sarah Steele very happy. I liked a lot of the food sold by street vendors: roasted apples (they call them 'pippins'!), a funny but tasty dish called 'bubble & squeak' - potatoes, cabbage, and the ever popular -meat- fried together, and a friendly Cat introduced me to a yummy food called 'fish & chips'. Unfortunately, when I turned to thank him, I found he had picked my pocket. I got a lecture from Ratbeard on being streetwise for that one. Still, the street food is going to be the most popular -- we are going to be eating on the run a lot here, I think!
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on May 25, 2013 wrote:
So here I've come to Marleybone, and although I've been warned the food isn't so good, I've found plenty to like. First, the people here - Dogs, Cats, Foxes, and Humans alike - really like meat. There's some sort of meat at every meal, and often it is the major part of it -- so unlike Mooshu where I grew up, and it still seems odd to me. But I do like the jolly way the people often burst out in song in the tavern: "O the Roast Beef of Marleybone, oh for Old Marleybone's Roast Beef" -- that's just the chorus, of course. People sing a lot here, and there are ballad sellers singing their wares on almost every street corner. I've learned a lot of new songs!
Another thing that is popular are puddings. They look a little odd to me, the ingredients boiled together in a cloth, but I quite liked the carrot pudding, the potato pudding, and especially the apple pudding. I thought the liver pudding looked and smelled revolting, though Ratbeard told me that a Rat can't be too picky about what they eat. So I gave him my portion.
There are good cheeses, which made Sarah Steele very happy. I liked a lot of the food sold by street vendors: roasted apples (they call them 'pippins'!), a funny but tasty dish called 'bubble & squeak' - potatoes, cabbage, and the ever popular -meat- fried together, and a friendly Cat introduced me to a yummy food called 'fish & chips'. Unfortunately, when I turned to thank him, I found he had picked my pocket. I got a lecture from Ratbeard on being streetwise for that one. Still, the street food is going to be the most popular -- we are going to be eating on the run a lot here, I think!
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Ahh you have done it again my wonderful, creative Anne. I am once again giggling and very hungry. Well done once more

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
We were stopping in port Regal to "resuply" ourselves with the three basic neccesities: yum, rations, and stolen gold. When I had just slipped out of the last shop a sent overwhelmingly good made me drop the gold and walk towards it. As the smell got stronger my tastebuds started revolting against my tounge, I could almost hear them "We want it! We want it!" After knocking out a couple redcoats who tried to arrest me (Or so I was told, too much into the smell) I finally reached a small bakery named "The Queen's Pastries" I literally knocked down the doors and then went on into the kitchen which was spotless and had many many many heavenly sents, but there was one the stood above the rest, A freshly baked and iced Choclate supreme (Again so I was told) that had five lavers of icing and twelve layers of cake. I cut a piece of it out with my sword and tasted it, it was like heaven had landed in my mouth. It was creamy and sweet yet had an even sweeter secret that the layers were not the same types of choclate, it also flamed in my mouth as it was serenaded by a gooey texture and a smooth one too, and the cake it self, it was so delicously sweet yet had just enough yum in it that if you had just eaten the crumb of it, it would taste like just below heaven. It was to my grieving that i found out the next day that it was so sweet I passed out
This was my delicous adventure.

Petty Officer
Jul 28, 2011
Landing in azteca was a blessing, with their perfect delicacies in food.

Th3ir fresh grown maize is delicious, and easy to get lost in.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Thank you Valzabrat, your kind words always put a sparkle in my day! But, in discussing the food of the Marleyboneans, I forgot to include Frogs! (My Frog friends gently chided me for this). Perhaps unsurprisingly, they like meat too. In fact, when Frogs order bubble & squeak, they call to hold the potatoes & cabbage, just meat please! But they tell me terrible tales of the Polarians, covertly whispering that no Frog dares go to that accursed place where the cruel inhabitants devour the legs of frogs. I am rather skeptical, as this seems unlikely of a civilized people (and Gandry hails from there, he says, so surely it must be civilized). All I have heard of Polarian food is pickled herrings in abundance, and ice cream (hopefully not together).

No, the story of the frog legs sounds to me like the tales the native children told me years ago when my parents were visiting their land (I don't remember the name of the place, but it had long flat expanses of purple heather that the other children and I ran about in for hours, and then made beds of the fragrant flowers for when we went to sleep), of creatures called marshwights that roamed at night to drag the unwary underneath the moors. My mother, though, said that was a bug-a-boo sort of story, a nursery tale just to frighten children. Though, come to think of it, she did never let me go out on the moors at night...
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on May 29, 2013 wrote:
Thank you Valzabrat, your kind words always put a sparkle in my day! But, in discussing the food of the Marleyboneans, I forgot to include Frogs! (My Frog friends gently chided me for this). Perhaps unsurprisingly, they like meat too. In fact, when Frogs order bubble & squeak, they call to hold the potatoes & cabbage, just meat please! But they tell me terrible tales of the Polarians, covertly whispering that no Frog dares go to that accursed place where the cruel inhabitants devour the legs of frogs. I am rather skeptical, as this seems unlikely of a civilized people (and Gandry hails from there, he says, so surely it must be civilized). All I have heard of Polarian food is pickled herrings in abundance, and ice cream (hopefully not together).

No, the story of the frog legs sounds to me like the tales the native children told me years ago when my parents were visiting their land (I don't remember the name of the place, but it had long flat expanses of purple heather that the other children and I ran about in for hours, and then made beds of the fragrant flowers for when we went to sleep), of creatures called marshwights that roamed at night to drag the unwary underneath the moors. My mother, though, said that was a bug-a-boo sort of story, a nursery tale just to frighten children. Though, come to think of it, she did never let me go out on the moors at night...
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Nice.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
A lot of this is making me hungry.

Hmmm, I've raided- I mean, borrowed my fair share of Aquilan olives. I don't think anyone minded? -nervous laughter-

Aquila and Marleybone top my favorites when it comes to food. I mean, the Marleybonean tea is to DIE for! But it could just be me, because Im a total tea girl... The fish and chips were pretty amazing, and that's saying something for me, because I don't even like fish! That bubble and squeak most of y'all are on about I haven't tried yet... Sounds good though! Ever tried a Jaffa Tart?

Aquila seemed to have quite a bit of yogurt, fruit, grains, cheese, etcetera. Those olives are amazing, seriously, as are the grapes, and other fruits. I tried a golden apple once and that was pretty good, and apparently they sharpen the senses. I didn't much fancy the cheese... But I don't even like it in the first place!

Sneaky Emma Everhart (wish I could change my message boards name... )

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
The best meal I've had was when I went to Grizzlehime to see my wizard cousin Chase Dawnwalker but that was barbarian food so I took a little adventure...
I first went to Marlybone and had me some crumpets and tea. then Mooshu where I had more tea. By then I had gotten to Monquesta . They had amazing fruit , I took lodes of it home I went through some other worlds but my last was home again . But rotten food and sea biscuits aren't so bad . at leat you wont die putting it in your mouth

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on May 8, 2013 wrote:
Ah, Falstaff27, those are most wonderful memories of the past. It makes an old pirate's heart... ...wait...it makes a pirate's heart warm and soften. Melts it a warm hearth and breaks the salty behavior we come to learn. Maybe one day you'll find you're parents once more, just like finding El Dorado. Also reminds me of my old days as a child with me parents...

But I have no time for remehburr...re-remindees...no that's not it...remberain'ts-see-azz...remote-al-o-cater-o, oh! just remembering things of the past. I am a Pirate after all. Gotta keep eyes on the prize and sail onward to the unknown horizon. Course it's always nice to remember. But, alas, I've just caught wind of an excellent food found by thr Bears out in cold Grizzlehiem and Wintertusk. Plus I just remebered I heard about making the best...hmm forgot about Candy World...the second best ice cream in the Spiral with the brisk snow o' Nodor! I'll need to catch the northern winds that'll be blowing in through Skull Island quick or I'll never make it and bring back a story for ye.

Thanks very much for that lovely tale o' yers from Aquila.
See You in the Spiral!

(Let's go Subodai...and where's my hat?)
Buurrrr! W-Why is it s-s-so cold in Skull Island? Does anyone else feel the d-draft? (snaps fingers) Oh, right. I'm t-the only one driving the half f-frozen ship around. Burrr! Sorry I haven't been around the Tavern lately. I've been off to the worlds of Grizzleheim and Wintertusk as well as N-Nodor. Burrr! I don't r-r-recommend any of you travel there without a ...I mean 3 parkas. I'm l-lucky enough to still have my f-fingers intact. It was just s-s-s-so cold! But I must say, it's a v-very lovely world. The trees and forests are just my type of setting (but a warm, modern home from Marleybone is just as nice). But before I can start, c-can someone pass me some hot cocoa and warm Yum Bread!? I'm freezing over here! Ah, th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-tha-...(sips cocoa) thanks.

Grizzleheim and Wintertusk have a very long path to get to that, unfortunately, I can not remember how to get there (was it a left at Polaris or a right? And if we saw Rajah did we go too far? And what about a chill front? Ah, foowie! Can't remember the directions.) But when I did land there, I was amazed by the scenery. Log-forts, frost fogs, night skies. Yep, just my kinda place. When I took port and the major island in the Skyway, I asked about Golden Apples. But, sadly, I was only met with laughs. Apparently, that is an urban legend. And even if they were real, they were reserved for Giants only. Go figure! But, while I was there I decided I might as well take a look into the delicacies of Grizzleheim. Before I froze to death (Bears charge too much for coats and their very tough bargainers!)

The warrior Bears have a huge diet in meats, soups, salads (I know, right?), berries, and fish. I find their manners a little...rough, but the meals are hearty splendid! Before I began, I had a taste of Grizzleheim Yumnog. If you've ever had Yum, Yumnog is twice as good. It's sweet, minty, thick, and perfect for the cold weather here. I love Grizzleheim meatballs. Forget Valencia! They're just so greasy, spiced very well. Beef Roladen is a very tender meat dish served with a cover of gravy. Fish Chowder is pretty creamy. I avoided the Tuna Pudding though. Just didn't seem appetizing. Poached Codfish Steaks with a bit egg sauce was actually pretty tasty. If I were to come back to this world through that harsh wintery cold, I'd come only for the fish. Especially the Sky Salmon Steaks.

Course I can't just take about the meats. The Bears surprisinly have quite a bit of vegtable dishes. Since potatoes are something I like, I was happy to find quite a bit. Brown Hash (or Hash brown if you must) is very good. Butter-Steamed New Potatoes are excellent (to me at least). I love the taste and warmth of them. Total keeper. Unfortunately, not all veggie dishes are just veggies. Lamb in Cabbage casserole is a dead give-away, but very pleasing. But I'm not done yet! The desserts were the catch of the day...

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on May 29, 2013 wrote:

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Frog legs. Imagine how the Frogfather would react!

We Pirates would be in trouble, but Polarians even more...

And that world sounds pretty....

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
Buurrrr! W-Why is it s-s-so cold in Skull Island? Does anyone else feel the d-draft? (snaps fingers) Oh, right. I'm t-the only one driving the half f-frozen ship around. Burrr! Sorry I haven't been around the Tavern lately. I've been off to the worlds of Grizzleheim and Wintertusk as well as N-Nodor. Burrr! I don't r-r-recommend any of you travel there without a ...I mean 3 parkas. I'm l-lucky enough to still have my f-fingers intact. It was just s-s-s-so cold! But I must say, it's a v-very lovely world. The trees and forests are just my type of setting (but a warm, modern home from Marleybone is just as nice). But before I can start, c-can someone pass me some hot cocoa and warm Yum Bread!? I'm freezing over here! Ah, th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-tha-...(sips cocoa) thanks.

Grizzleheim and Wintertusk have a very long path to get to that, unfortunately, I can not remember how to get there (was it a left at Polaris or a right? And if we saw Rajah did we go too far? And what about a chill front? Ah, foowie! Can't remember the directions.) But when I did land there, I was amazed by the scenery. Log-forts, frost fogs, night skies. Yep, just my kinda place. When I took port and the major island in the Skyway, I asked about Golden Apples. But, sadly, I was only met with laughs. Apparently, that is an urban legend. And even if they were real, they were reserved for Giants only. Go figure! But, while I was there I decided I might as well take a look into the delicacies of Grizzleheim. Before I froze to death (Bears charge too much for coats and their very tough bargainers!)

The warrior Bears have a huge diet in meats, soups, salads (I know, right?), berries, and fish. I find their manners a little...rough, but the meals are hearty splendid! Before I began, I had a taste of Grizzleheim Yumnog. If you've ever had Yum, Yumnog is twice as good. It's sweet, minty, thick, and perfect for the cold weather here. I love Grizzleheim meatballs. Forget Valencia! They're just so greasy, spiced very well. Beef Roladen is a very tender meat dish served with a cover of gravy. Fish Chowder is pretty creamy. I avoided the Tuna Pudding though. Just didn't seem appetizing. Poached Codfish Steaks with a bit egg sauce was actually pretty tasty. If I were to come back to this world through that harsh wintery cold, I'd come only for the fish. Especially the Sky Salmon Steaks.

Course I can't just take about the meats. The Bears surprisinly have quite a bit of vegtable dishes. Since potatoes are something I like, I was happy to find quite a bit. Brown Hash (or Hash brown if you must) is very good. Butter-Steamed New Potatoes are excellent (to me at least). I love the taste and warmth of them. Total keeper. Unfortunately, not all veggie dishes are just veggies. Lamb in Cabbage casserole is a dead give-away, but very pleasing. But I'm not done yet! The desserts were the catch of the day...
Finnigan, mon ami, your hands are freezing! Come, sit by the tavern fire. Fortunately the Bears of Grizzleheim are expert weavers, *wraps a tightly woven wool blanket around him*. What a beautiful place Grizzleheim sounds like! And I hope to try some of those dishes as well. A meal of Grizzleheim meatballs in cream sauce and steamed new potatoes with a nice salad sounds just perfect.

My last meals were a bit of a trial, I must say. In Aquila, after helping the Eagles defeat Troy, I asked a boon of Eaglemenmon, and the city was spared being burnt to the ground, as is often the consequence of such wars. The city was so beautiful, I couldn't bear it suffering such a fate. However, it had the consequence of me being appointed a temporary diplomat to Troy, to work out some initial peace agreements. Since the Ophidians hate the Eagles with a passion (which seems to be returned equally), I can't say I had a big success. The only thing they seem to agree on is that the cause of the war turned out to be... an embarrassment.

However, Ssargon the Great was determined to treat me in grand style, befitting the rules of hospitality. I was a guest of honor at a great feast, with marvelous ceremony. Some of the food however... for instance, I just couldn't eat the roasted mice (what would Sarah think of that!). However, the Ophidians live by stern laws for themselves, and they understood when I said such things were forbidden to me. I couldn't avoid the strange, thick bitter beer (imbibed through very long straws), or the pickled grasshoppers, however. (Pariss hissing at me throughout dinner was also not good for the appetite). The dates, pomegranates, figs, and pears they piled into pretty pyramids I thought quite good (and they thought me quite odd for eating them. I learned they were decorations, later!). And they had many kinds of bread, rather heavy loaves, but arranged into the most fantastic shapes - spirals, twists, elaborate knots, etc. I did enjoy these with honey, considered a great treat by the Ophidians too.

A soft goat cheese was considered a great highlight, something the Ophidians do not make and must trade for. I was surprised they did not make cheese as they served roasted goat meat. But the Ophidians do not milk their goats. I showed them how the next day (how handy I am a farm girl from rural MooShu!), and they were joyful, as they especially love milk, which is a rare treat for them. This made them regard more kindly me and my message from the Eagles, but I think peace is yet a long way off.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
Finnigan, mon ami, your hands are freezing! Come, sit by the tavern fire. Fortunately the Bears of Grizzleheim are expert weavers, *wraps a tightly woven wool blanket around him*. What a beautiful place Grizzleheim sounds like! And I hope to try some of those dishes as well. A meal of Grizzleheim meatballs in cream sauce and steamed new potatoes with a nice salad sounds just perfect.

My last meals were a bit of a trial, I must say. In Aquila, after helping the Eagles defeat Troy, I asked a boon of Eaglemenmon, and the city was spared being burnt to the ground, as is often the consequence of such wars. The city was so beautiful, I couldn't bear it suffering such a fate. However, it had the consequence of me being appointed a temporary diplomat to Troy, to work out some initial peace agreements. Since the Ophidians hate the Eagles with a passion (which seems to be returned equally), I can't say I had a big success. The only thing they seem to agree on is that the cause of the war turned out to be... an embarrassment.

However, Ssargon the Great was determined to treat me in grand style, befitting the rules of hospitality. I was a guest of honor at a great feast, with marvelous ceremony. Some of the food however... for instance, I just couldn't eat the roasted mice (what would Sarah think of that!). However, the Ophidians live by stern laws for themselves, and they understood when I said such things were forbidden to me. I couldn't avoid the strange, thick bitter beer (imbibed through very long straws), or the pickled grasshoppers, however. (Pariss hissing at me throughout dinner was also not good for the appetite). The dates, pomegranates, figs, and pears they piled into pretty pyramids I thought quite good (and they thought me quite odd for eating them. I learned they were decorations, later!). And they had many kinds of bread, rather heavy loaves, but arranged into the most fantastic shapes - spirals, twists, elaborate knots, etc. I did enjoy these with honey, considered a great treat by the Ophidians too.

A soft goat cheese was considered a great highlight, something the Ophidians do not make and must trade for. I was surprised they did not make cheese as they served roasted goat meat. But the Ophidians do not milk their goats. I showed them how the next day (how handy I am a farm girl from rural MooShu!), and they were joyful, as they especially love milk, which is a rare treat for them. This made them regard more kindly me and my message from the Eagles, but I think peace is yet a long way off.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Whenever I attempt to return to Troy, I usually get whacked with a sword. And roasted mice? Lets hope Sarah wasn't there to see that.... Yes, must have been kind of awkward at a couple points, eating the decorations sounds fun though! And dear Anne, you're making me hungry now...

Goat meat and cheese? Oh dear, imagine how Billy the Kidd would react... If I mentioned it to him I'd be in trouble! And that was kind of you, Anne.

I'm not much for cheese and stuff, so I don't visit Aquila too often, because I'm a Cool Ranch girl with Marleybonian tastes. I'm more for Buffaloon wings and celery with a glass of tea. Maybe that's why those adorable Buffaloons don't like me very much, and why my pet tends to float a little further away!

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Griffen Deverux on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
The best meal I've had was when I went to Grizzlehime to see my wizard cousin Chase Dawnwalker but that was barbarian food so I took a little adventure...
I first went to Marlybone and had me some crumpets and tea. then Mooshu where I had more tea. By then I had gotten to Monquesta . They had amazing fruit , I took lodes of it home I went through some other worlds but my last was home again . But rotten food and sea biscuits aren't so bad . at leat you wont die putting it in your mouth
I was a bit rushed so i shortend it