Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do you have an idea‽

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 27, 2009
Ahoy! I don't know if this has been brought up before but I've been having what is probably a common issue. you see I keep missing a friend of mine being that I have classes and the like on week days and this is a problem so I thought how can this issue be corrected. I had an idea a mail system you write a letter and it can be picked up at an inn/pub or by a drop box outside the dorms. of course you need to be notified by obviously the great Boochbeard himself... unless Morgan Freemen is willing.

The only other thing I can think of is giving players the ability to name their crews so as to give the cutthroats and wharf rats a name for their new worst nightmares :D aside from that I wouldn't change a thing you guys are amazing.

Yours Truly,

Merciless Samuel Holbrook
(Level 30 Buccaneer)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Merciless Samuel H... on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy! I don't know if this has been brought up before but I've been having what is probably a common issue. you see I keep missing a friend of mine being that I have classes and the like on week days and this is a problem so I thought how can this issue be corrected. I had an idea a mail system you write a letter and it can be picked up at an inn/pub or by a drop box outside the dorms. of course you need to be notified by obviously the great Boochbeard himself... unless Morgan Freemen is willing.

The only other thing I can think of is giving players the ability to name their crews so as to give the cutthroats and wharf rats a name for their new worst nightmares :D aside from that I wouldn't change a thing you guys are amazing.

Yours Truly,

(Level 30 Buccaneer)
That's a pretty neat idea Samuel and by the way, welcome to the boards!

I had never thought about a way to leave in game messages for your friends that aren't online at the time....but it is very intriguing. I have some friends on my list that I haven't seen on in a while, but I am pretty sure they are active in the game still. It would be kind of neat to be able to leave them a message just asking how they are fairing-- and likewise get a message in return. I'm not sure if something like this would be doable in regards to the programming, bandwidth and having to store messages on the servers, but it still is a rather neat idea.

Maybe instead of a drop box or mailbox to interact with, since anyone in the game may be able to access it(friend or no friend), they could allow you to open your Friend List, select a pirate that is not logged in, and have the option to leave a message for them that they can read next time they log in. The recipient of the message could either get one of those scrolling notifications at the top of the screen, or even better yet- maybe a new "Message in a Bottle" icon (or a Carrier pigeon icon), could pop up in the corner with a numbered Message Count could be displayed. Once clicked it would show all players with available messages for you. Or you could also have the option of opening your Friend List and scrolling down to see an icon next to a players name that indicates you received a message or have a message waiting to be viewed by them. I would have to say that since the purpose of the message would be to contact those that we haven't seen in game in a while, that there should be a limit of only 1 or 2 messages per friend, allowed at a time-- just to keep players from being bombarded by messages. And of course it would have to follow current filtering and each players respective chat settings, meaning you couldn't leave an open chat message with a menu chat player.....unless they were a True Friend via using a TFC. For those Menu Chat only players there could be a new tab like 'Message Options', with new Menu Chat options for leaving a message. When you clicked a Menu Chat only player to leave or respond to a message, the Menu Chat options for the message system could automatically pop up for ease of use.

Again I don't know if it would be possible, but I think it would be a great idea for those players that aren't allowed access to online forums or message boards. It would be a way to occasionally keep in touch with a good in game friend they haven't seen in a while and a way to maybe meet up with them, without having to wait for delays in boards posting (if they even were allowed access to the boards from their parents).

A very interesting and pretty neat idea Samuel. Again welcome to the Message Boards!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Merciless Samuel H... on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:

Yours Truly,

(Level 30 Buccaneer)
Hi Samuel, welcome to the message boards. You have some great ideas here, I can't wait to hear what else you dream up.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
i dont know if anyone has mentioned this or not, but what about possible NO AUCTION hybrid weapons?

I know some classes like to mix it up and add another class stats involved, so just a thought

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
I'd like to be able to remap some keys if possible. Thanks.

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
How about going below deck on your ship. Good place to meet with crew other than just the taverns.

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
I got an idea....get rid of those floating icons around your pirate and your companions when you boost yourself with will, strength...you get the idea. I know when I boost my witchdoctor with will. Seeing those annoying icons float upwards is just to much!!

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
I already posted about stitching ships. Or call it upgrades or something. I want to be able to keep my pirate ship from Scrimshaw. Sorry dont like other ships. Either way you use gold or crowns. buy new ship from new world or upgrade the one you like. do both.... Just nneed vendors on docks having more variety.

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
I'd like an option for a little better field of view. When the camera zooms in during combat it's sometimes difficult to see what's going on and is sometimes blocked by scenery, especially on ships. So, I'd like to be able to zoom the camera back a little to get a better view in the game. Is there any technical reason this can't be done, I'd like to hear it. Thanks for reading.

Ensign
Dec 27, 2012
I have a a idea for mounts, I would really like to see a manticore mount brought into the pirate world, cause just the other day i was fighting them and i was think to myself a manticore would make a awesome mount, or even as a pet or maybe both, but mostly i would like to see the manticore mount.

~Husky Caroline~
Level 65 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Oct 12, 2010
nitewalker7180 on Oct 25, 2014 wrote:
How about going below deck on your ship. Good place to meet with crew other than just the taverns.
I've had this idea in my mind since P101 came out.

Ensign
Jan 30, 2011
It's a rather small request/suggestion for an item in the Crown Shop, skull face paint, I would so put that on my Witchdoctor.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
I have noticed that the gladiator Aquila outfits that have capes do not support weapons that are slung across the players back. Indeed even your own henchmen fails to display her shield when in neutral mode and seems to be only carrying the small sword. Weapons like the crown shop sword doesn't even display at all and makes the player look like they are unarmed until they join combat where it magically appears. I have heard many complains about this as it diminishes the effects of certain weapons and limits players options.

Ensign
Sep 03, 2011
I can understand the default housing limit of 200, but would it be possible to remove the limit for the number of Bric-a-Brac elixirs allowed? It gets extremely irritating having a housing limit that cannot be broken using any kind of elixir. I would also like to add my support to the inside the ship idea, particularly if it would be possible to decorate them like you would a house. It would also be nice if you could allow select others to add things to your house, not remove or change the things other people put down, only allowing the owner to do that. On a fighting note, if you have not already chosen the new powers for each class, I have a couple of ideas for Witchdoctors. First, a group teleport, to teleport everything, friend, foe, or object around you to open spaces. Also, to add to the minion line of powers, the ability to summon a computer controlled ally that exactly replicates your character, down to the equipment.
If you could review these ideas and if you like them, possibly add them in to another update? Thank you for reading to the end of this idea list.
E. Ivey

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
Avery on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
We love to hear how you would change or improve Pirate101, so please go ahead and post your ideas here!
Can you guys do a Christmas update?
For that update could you make a quest for a companion
A swashbuckler would get a privateer. A musketeer would get witchdocter. A privateer would get a musketeer. A buccaneer would get swashbuckler. The witchdocter would get a buccaneer.The musketeer's witchdocter would be a gingerbread man. The swashbuckler's privateer would be a hot coco cup The buccaneer's swashbuckler would be an elf. The witchdocter's buccaneer would be a snowman. The privateer's musketeer would be a snow globe. All these companions would last till January 1st. You would probably want to give the companion quest out on December 1st. You may not want to use this idea. After all, I didn't exactly come up with this in an hour. I came up with this, in about 10 min. Have a nice day!

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
Avery on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
We love to hear how you would change or improve Pirate101, so please go ahead and post your ideas here!
Ok I know about everyone hates waiting for pvp battles in the brawlin' hall. Kingsisle,could you please have spectating available. Some max level pirates really hate the wait. Could you add a pvp to each dungeon. It could really help. Sometimes I don't know what to expect in dungeons. Sometimes that's what makes me lose. the game the way it is, but I believe it still needs work. The only thing I really want is spectating for pvp battles. Could you make ship pvp. My friend told me about how she would love to see ship pvp. Could you make more towers that are like the Moo Manchu tower, but it would be in every realm. The Moo Manchu Tower is a big challenge for me, even though I'm level 65. As you went backwards to every realm, each tower would be a little bit easier. The only thing is every tower that was easier, would have less valuable things. Thanks for reading

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
I know there has been a lot of talk about mixing the Wizard 101 and Pirate 101 together. Because of the different styles and platforms it would be difficult (if not impossible) to combine. I did have a thought about how to incorporate a wizard companion into the game.

Like all companions they would have a selection of attacks. For the wizard companion it would be the cards used in W101. Just like when you are using the ship, the hit would be for an individual person or group. You could either buy or complete quests for the wizard to get more spells.

This would allow for wizards to be used on the Pirate platform. It would also help further incorporate W101 and P101 together. How we get this person could be going to some part of wizard city and getting assistance from Ambrose or one of the other professors. Just like a previous update (each class got a new companion) they have a student who needs experience and would like to join your crew.

= Death
= Storm or Ice
= Life
= Fire
= Myth

The librarian dog character incorporated through most worlds in P101 already. This may be a way to purchase spells for our companion.

Just a though. I would certainly bring a new twist to an already fun game.

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
I'd like a pet snack that doesn't boost stats, just health, power, exp. A lot of my pets are already maxed in stats but need health and using snacks with stats on them just seems like a waste.
Also, how about giving us an option to move some gold into our shared bank.
Thanks.

Ensign
Apr 30, 2013
2 things, maybe you could lower some the ship level's because it takes ages, to do some of my quests.

Next thing could you make the message boards easier to post topic, messages and see your message board account!

Smart Aedan Zest lvl 29

Ensign
Mar 26, 2011
I've noticed recently that you've added voices for the Pirates. Not bad, though I don't really like the voices. How about this: stick an option in the options menu to choose your pirates voice from a few different voice sets. This way, people that don't like the voice have 3 or 4 others to choose from. Neither of the voices available currently seem to fit the pirates on my main crew very well.

- Merciless Hunter Bowman,
Scarlet Rose,

Side note: I'm assuming that the yellow sword means swashbuckler. Why are these icons not the normal class colors, with orange for musketeer, green for witchdoctor, purple for swashbuckler? What I assume to be buccaneer and privateer seem fine to me.

Ensign
Apr 30, 2013
RandomizedOlaf on Nov 9, 2014 wrote:
Can you guys do a Christmas update?
For that update could you make a quest for a companion
A swashbuckler would get a privateer. A musketeer would get witchdocter. A privateer would get a musketeer. A buccaneer would get swashbuckler. The witchdocter would get a buccaneer.The musketeer's witchdocter would be a gingerbread man. The swashbuckler's privateer would be a hot coco cup The buccaneer's swashbuckler would be an elf. The witchdocter's buccaneer would be a snowman. The privateer's musketeer would be a snow globe. All these companions would last till January 1st. You would probably want to give the companion quest out on December 1st. You may not want to use this idea. After all, I didn't exactly come up with this in an hour. I came up with this, in about 10 min. Have a nice day!
You could but I am a swashbuckler and I don't want a coco cup, more a elf!

Smart Aedan Zest 29

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
The Awesome Flyer on Nov 11, 2014 wrote:
You could but I am a swashbuckler and I don't want a coco cup, more a elf!

Smart Aedan Zest 29
I agree. I am also a swashbuckler and I'm not really feeling the coco cup. I think that I would prefer Mrs. Claus with two small knives and a special attack where she throws cookies at them. And maybe another special attack where she splashes milk on them. It would make me really happy and everything. Especially that Mrs. Claus would sort of seem threatening. Thanks for listening and I hope that you consider this. And if there was any time to be able to get these companions, it would be the first of December.

(Also you could make Santa the buccaneers new companion. I know someone that is a buccaneer and would really love an elf or Santa)!

Signed,
Lindsey lvl 43

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
I'd like to see added an option for your companions that are training to automatically continue to train the last order given, which you would comfirm with just one click after collecting the reward. That would shorten the clicks required from 4 to 2 showing mercy to our trigger fingers. ) Thanks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Grintch on Nov 13, 2014 wrote:
I'd like to see added an option for your companions that are training to automatically continue to train the last order given, which you would comfirm with just one click after collecting the reward. That would shorten the clicks required from 4 to 2 showing mercy to our trigger fingers. ) Thanks.
You can turn on that option in your settings. Just use the gear from the drop down menu at the top of the screen.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
CatLover138 on Nov 13, 2014 wrote:
I agree. I am also a swashbuckler and I'm not really feeling the coco cup. I think that I would prefer Mrs. Claus with two small knives and a special attack where she throws cookies at them. And maybe another special attack where she splashes milk on them. It would make me really happy and everything. Especially that Mrs. Claus would sort of seem threatening. Thanks for listening and I hope that you consider this. And if there was any time to be able to get these companions, it would be the first of December.

(Also you could make Santa the buccaneers new companion. I know someone that is a buccaneer and would really love an elf or Santa)!

Signed,
Lindsey lvl 43
Ok I have thought on it and I realized that you could do like Santa recked his sleigh and needs help fixing it. So after you've done that and fixed Santa's sleigh you get a pile of gold for Christmas and a companion, either an elf, Santa, Mrs. Claus, a regular reindeer, or Rudolph. Though the best part about it is that you get to pick which companion that you want.

Thanks for listening again!
Lindsey lvl 44