Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your Favorite Companion?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Oct 04, 2012
Kawil Doomclaw by far. He does some serious damage.

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2013
I like Hawkules the mighty hero. I know, I know, he may not be the smartest in my crew, but he takes fighting seriously. I like his epic hit most. Now everyone is confused about the criticals being switched around, but I figure you'll find out later. I can't believe Hawk uses his own bare hands to punch the enemy in epic hit! Now, about the switching around... To be continued....

Ensign
Jun 01, 2013
Sarah Steele
-she is cool
-amazing dodge and accuracy
-and if you give her the right epics, she is like a goddess on the battle field

Ensign
Aug 20, 2010
That's got to be Ratbeard. The typhoon in the church that magically set things on FIRE just got me a fave. He's not the brightest (actually, he's pretty dumb), but he's powerful, and his lines make me literally fall out of my cushy blue office chair (I <3 Staples!) laughing. And then I get in trouble. Why must my mom's computer be in the same room?!
Sandy, lvl 26 Privateer

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
I have multiple favorites, so I will list my top 5.

1. Kawil Doomclaw: My first ever dino companion. He's is really powerful, and the amount of damage he can deal is astronomical.

2. Lemba Moonskull: My second dino. He is a good ranged companion, and he trigger his epics A LOT.

3: Lightning Ninja: My Ninja Pig!! He dodges in huge amounts, and anyone below level 60 can't even come close to hitting him.

4: Goronado: One of my first crown shop companion buys. He is a TANK. 'Nuff said.

5: Epp Opp Ork Ah Ah: He is pretty powerful, and his epics selection is pretty good. But what makes him powerful is his move, Assassin's Mist, making him VERY useful.

Ensign
Feb 27, 2013
Darth JT on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
My most favorite companion in the game currently is Kobe YoJimbo!

He is an awesome Bull Samoori, his Crown Brother Wagyu or as I call him WagE is a very worthy purchase from the crown shop. He starts with First strike and later on, I train him in relentless twice, then riposte!

My second favorite companion is Kan Po, who is also a very worthy companion as well as his crown counterpart. He starts with Riposte, which I later get riposte 2 and Relentless twice, and he gets a heal.

What is your favorite companion and why?
I have to say the Monquistador Explorer or Sarah Steele. I liked it when Sarah questioned my choice of letting Old Scratch and Ratbeard onto the crew.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
My favorite companion is Chantal Livingstone, she is a really good musketeer companion, I don't want to say she's better than Bonnie but I'll say they are about the same. Her attacks are cool and the agility buff helps out a lot and her sniper shots, unlimited! Which is obviously awesome. She also is one of my favorite birds in the world, the flamingo.

Ensign
Jul 25, 2014
Being a level 24 buccaneer, I haven't actually gotten that far into the game yet. At least, I don't think I have.

Anyway, I'd have to say for the moment my favorite companions are Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard. I've gotten Bonnie up to level 22, and Ratbeard I'm pretty sure up to 21. For their epics so far, I've given Bonnie overwatch and quick draw, and Ratbeard repel boarders and first strike... wondering if those were good choices or not.

Ensign
Aug 10, 2012
Bonnie Anne is just so amazing to just have sitting in the back by me and doing crits also when she gets to sharpshooter she does not look to bad either. If not Bonnie my second is egg Shen He is super powerful with first strikes. Ambitious Hunter Lawson Lvl 18 privateer

Ensign
Aug 21, 2012
Bonnie Anne!

Second place is Gracie Conrad.

Petty Officer
Jul 18, 2012
This is a tough one. Do I have to choose just one? LOL! I guess maybe my Bison Champion, Thunder Hoof. But then I still love my Sloth Barnabus.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I don't really have a favorite companion, all of me crew are equal if ye ask me mate.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Lieutenant
Nov 04, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
No she's a girl.
sorry I know that now but some guy said that he's a guy and I skipped the talking for that quest

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
There are a lot of great companions around the spirals,weather it's high damages or great abilities to turn the tides.These companions sure hit the spot, in my opinon below.

1. El Toro - This companion is great to use, espically in tough situations in combat or tough boss like General Toso and Rook. Based on my experience,he have turned the tides and help my Buccaneer progress rapidly.With First strike,Reposit and Relentless ability,this is the companion to force to reckon with.

2.Bonnie Ann-Another great companion,to use. She is one great Musketeer,with over watch,burst of fire and scatter blast.This could take down multiple traget in combat.

3. Bougha Khan- This is another favorite companion to use,he is one awesome warrior.Great if he got first strike ablility,along with second chance ability.

4.Sarah steel-My favorite of the five skull tavern companion, with repel boarders and first strike abilities this could be a nightmare to the traget in combat.

5.Catbeard- Another great companion and have funny animation, when he super hit. With relentless and reposit ability that's one cool cat.

Here are the top 5 companion in my opinon so far,there more great companions to discover or ones yet to use/meet like Garando the Gorilla warrior from the crown shop and Hawkules as a storyline progression.

Ensign
Jul 29, 2009
I love Old Scratch, but he is so underpowered. He has extremely low accuracy which is a bit annoying, but it is understandable because he is a witchdoctor. Normally you can fix the accuracy problem by giving a witchdoctor the epic Jobu's Ruse, but Old Scratch can't learn it. This is very irritating, but I can deal with it. What I can't deal with is that even though Old Scratch fizzles, his attacks can still be dodged. Normally magic attacks either work or they don't, but for Old Scratch these rules don't apply. Carcarius Grimtooth fizzles a lot, but you know when his attack works it is going to hit the enemy. Carcarius can even learn Jobu's Ruse. Old Scratch fizzles a lot and you don't know if he is going to hit the enemy. It is a bit ridiculous. I believe Old Scratch should be able to learn Jobu's Ruse or his attacks shouldn't be able to be dodged. I would use him in battle much more.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
Hey everyone, and I think that my favorite companion would be ridolfo capoferro cause he is a awesome swashbuckler, has an amazing epic, and after a bunch of promotions he can hit up to three or four hundred damage.

for musketeers all around if you want to deal some big damage this would be the companion for you. Also copy iago is a good companion as well.

Quick Blake Maxwell

Ensign
Aug 10, 2011
I love all of the story line companions because they're hilarious! This includes Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard, Kobe Yojimbo, Barnabas, El Toro, Birgus Latro, Gracie Conrad, Catbeard, Monkey King, Old Scratch, and anyone else I'm missing (heheh)! But the ones I keep on my main crew are Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard, and Old Scratch.

Dark Gillian Quincy

Ensign
Oct 05, 2013
My favorite recently has been Barr, because of the usefullness of his powers in combat, and how he makes almost any battle manageble numbers wise.

Ensign
Jun 15, 2014
Wing Chun. By far his second promotion makes him literally invincible. He's a privateer, and he has riposte, relent 2 and revive or whatever. Also, its amazing that he gets call to arms, +25% accuracy. He is great combined with el toro for dodge and riposte. By far I would say he is one of the most powerful units in the entire game! Next is Rodolfo Capofferro, the swashbuckler from Valencia (musketeer only again, fun fact: Valencia is in south america), he gets three promotions, has better dodge than el toro, and looks absolutely BEAST at blade master! No doubt these two are amazing :)

Ensign
Apr 25, 2009
I've got 5 in no particular order:

1) Zeena. Just got her and she is brutal with her bow. An everyday starter for me.
2) Monkey King. Loaded him up with max dodge and max riposte. Just wrecks people after he blocks.
3) Hawkules. Love his mannerisms. Great defense and relentless.
4) El Toro. What can I say? This guy makes me laugh and I love his Super hit.
5) Rooster Cogburn. A somewhat underrated companion. His big gun critical hits and burst fire makes him worthy. Plus, he sounds like John Wayne!

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
So far, I'm tied between Lucky Jack Russell and Keisuke Yagi but if I had to choose. My favorite would probably be Keisuke Yagi. The counterpart for Kan po. I mean he's epic. He doesn't have great health but. he has a heal AND hidden, which is terrific for PVP. His damage is great too! I saw him do 800 damage when he used his crit. which is awesome. So far. he's been great for me. I would sooo recommend him. You won't regret it

Bosun
May 10, 2010
I am sticking with my original picks:

1. Kan Po or Keisuke Yagi
2. Kobe Yojimbo or Wagyu Sanjuro
3. El TORO! da da da da
4. Sarah Steel *she is awesome, just wish KI would change her first talent of Repel boarders* ugh
5. Hawkules Hawkules Hawkules
6. Mormo
7. Chantel the musketeer class companion
8. Louis Le Bisque
9. I love the Ninja Pig companion, cant wait for him to get a critical card, hopefully soon!
10. Milo Greytail or Lucky Jack Russel, can't really decide cause both are awesome!

these are my top 10!

Hope they get so much better during the next expansion and all get promotions!

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
sarcastiel on Oct 6, 2014 wrote:
So far, I'm tied between Lucky Jack Russell and Keisuke Yagi but if I had to choose. My favorite would probably be Keisuke Yagi. The counterpart for Kan po. I mean he's epic. He doesn't have great health but. he has a heal AND hidden, which is terrific for PVP. His damage is great too! I saw him do 800 damage when he used his crit. which is awesome. So far. he's been great for me. I would sooo recommend him. You won't regret it
If you use his crit hit with hidden and a lot of agility buffs he can deal up to 2000.

Ensign
Jun 22, 2009
Have to say commentary-wise, Ratbeard is my absolute favorite; he never fails to make me laugh! Fighting-wise... it's a tough call. I'm stuck between Bonnie Anne (once I saw her take out two full health enemies with Burst Fire and Double Hit!) and Kan Po (knowing both Blade Storm and Riposte makes him invaluable).

Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
I love Lucy sterling. second is mustang sally. those are my gals