Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Speculations on the Armada

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
It's interesting how you call her 'Milady' because I think she's kind of like the character Milady from The Three Musketeers
I'm not the one who originated that idea, Virtuous Anne Radcliffe first speculated that her name might be "Milady".

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
So, when I was watching Game Theory, I learned that Napoleon was assassinated with poison; likely Napolaguin will as well. Now, we know what class has poison, right? And we all know that either Phule, Kane, or the female elite will be a swashbuckler. So my theory is, is that the armada will assassinate Napolaguin.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dogsrock5656 on Sep 12, 2015 wrote:
So, when I was watching Game Theory, I learned that Napoleon was assassinated with poison; likely Napolaguin will as well. Now, we know what class has poison, right? And we all know that either Phule, Kane, or the female elite will be a swashbuckler. So my theory is, is that the armada will assassinate Napolaguin.
It isn't known for sure that Napoleon was assassinated; wheather the poisoning was deliberate or accidental has not yet been proven ( and probably won't be ).
It would be very interesting if the Armada were to send an assassin to end the threatened return of Napoeguin to the throne of Polaris. And I bet I know who would be sent.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 13, 2015 wrote:
It isn't known for sure that Napoleon was assassinated; wheather the poisoning was deliberate or accidental has not yet been proven ( and probably won't be ).
It would be very interesting if the Armada were to send an assassin to end the threatened return of Napoeguin to the throne of Polaris. And I bet I know who would be sent.
By 'I bet I know who would be sent', do you mean that the armada will blackmail us into assassinating Napoleguin?

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
Fearless Finnagan on Oct 4, 2015 wrote:
By 'I bet I know who would be sent', do you mean that the armada will blackmail us into assassinating Napoleguin?
Cool idea! Would be very interesting...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Oct 4, 2015 wrote:
Not us, Finn, The Lady Elite/Milady/Dame will be given the task to end Napoleguin ( if I'm right. )

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 8, 2015 wrote:
Not us, Finn, The Lady Elite/Milady/Dame will be given the task to end Napoleguin ( if I'm right. )
You're probably right, but I think if they made it so an npc betrayed us, or the armada faked a message of distress, (e.x. Mycroft Bones sending us a letter saying that he is in captivity, but in actuality, the armada is leading us into a trap) then it would be more interesting.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I don't know if the Armada would want to assassinate Napoleguin - especially at this point. It would likely be to their present benefit to have his presence destabilize Polaris... after all, since he has been in prison for some years, Polaris has been governed by others. But, was the government one of caretakers, waiting for Napoleguin to return? (In which case perhaps the Armada might be interested in getting rid of Napoleguin. A strong Polaris is definitely not in their best interests!) Or has the government become more of a republic? Or a ruler as rival to Napoleguin? The state of the present government of Polaris will determine how difficult or easy it will be for Napoleguin to make his grab for power (and I am sure he will).

It is an interesting idea to have the Armada blackmail us into doing something we don't want to do, but I think it unlikely. By the end of Chapter 14, our young pirate is probably considered "enemy #1" by Kane and the Armada, or at least pretty close.However, I could certainly see Kane using deception to discredit us. I don't know if he knows we are allied with Napoleguin (though he might have some clue from Phule's observations), but he would certainly be aware of our alliance with Marleybone. Send an assassin after Mr. M, implicating or seeming to be our pirate... you kill two proverbial birds with one stone. (A plot with well seasoned roots of villain plotting in the Adventures of Robin Hood and Zorro Rides Again!)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 10, 2015 wrote:
I don't know if the Armada would want to assassinate Napoleguin - especially at this point. It would likely be to their present benefit to have his presence destabilize Polaris... after all, since he has been in prison for some years, Polaris has been governed by others. But, was the government one of caretakers, waiting for Napoleguin to return? (In which case perhaps the Armada might be interested in getting rid of Napoleguin. A strong Polaris is definitely not in their best interests!) Or has the government become more of a republic? Or a ruler as rival to Napoleguin? The state of the present government of Polaris will determine how difficult or easy it will be for Napoleguin to make his grab for power (and I am sure he will).

It is an interesting idea to have the Armada blackmail us into doing something we don't want to do, but I think it unlikely. By the end of Chapter 14, our young pirate is probably considered "enemy #1" by Kane and the Armada, or at least pretty close.However, I could certainly see Kane using deception to discredit us. I don't know if he knows we are allied with Napoleguin (though he might have some clue from Phule's observations), but he would certainly be aware of our alliance with Marleybone. Send an assassin after Mr. M, implicating or seeming to be our pirate... you kill two proverbial birds with one stone. (A plot with well seasoned roots of villain plotting in the Adventures of Robin Hood and Zorro Rides Again!)
Actually, who is in charge of Polaris at this time? How long has the Polarian War been over and Napoleguin imprisoned?
One of the titles used by the Monquistan Queen is "Protector of Polaris"; is this just a courtesy title ( assumed by the title-hungry Monquistans )? Or does it have any significance? ( She's also called "Empress of Krokotopia", if I recall correctly. )
However, I believe that Polaris is now under the control of Valencia ( through the Armada ) and is a conquered territory, ripe for a revolution! Vive L'Emperor!
Note: I like the idea of being falsely accused of a crime, and needing to clear our names.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 11, 2015 wrote:
Actually, who is in charge of Polaris at this time? How long has the Polarian War been over and Napoleguin imprisoned?
One of the titles used by the Monquistan Queen is "Protector of Polaris"; is this just a courtesy title ( assumed by the title-hungry Monquistans )? Or does it have any significance? ( She's also called "Empress of Krokotopia", if I recall correctly. )
However, I believe that Polaris is now under the control of Valencia ( through the Armada ) and is a conquered territory, ripe for a revolution! Vive L'Emperor!
Note: I like the idea of being falsely accused of a crime, and needing to clear our names.
We pretty much know that Napoleguin will assume the throne and then be overthrown(Since it's Polaris, I'll call it The Battle of Winterloo). However, what will become of this favor he owes us? I think it will prove to be a Folly on our part. We go seek to see him in exile when we need help. He helps us, but Marleybone charges us with conspiring to free Napoleguin(Kinda like in The Count of Monte Cristo.), and then finds out we started the war. They are outraged, and send our old friend Admiral Nelson to capture us. But, we explain our predicament, he believes us because we saved his life, and joins our crew.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Oct 10, 2015 wrote:
You're probably right, but I think if they made it so an npc betrayed us, or the armada faked a message of distress, (e.x. Mycroft Bones sending us a letter saying that he is in captivity, but in actuality, the armada is leading us into a trap) then it would be more interesting.
Oh, yes, the faked call of distress... historically, it was a dirty trick often pulled by pirates. Would be a nice ironic twist to have the Armada do it.

Ensign
Aug 04, 2012
Whaz up pirates? I like the idea of a code word to defeat Kane. The message in the clockwork birds says,
"Seek out Caliostro. G." So what if "G" is the first letter in the code word? Just a thought...

Brass Wolf Capstain - Level 65 Swash

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
Alright, this is a bit far fetched, but still interesting to think about. So I was talking to some friends on Skype and I decided to share another idea for something we had in made relating to a wizard101 and pirate101 crossover. A few minutes later, I brought up why the armada hasn't bothered attacking Wizard City. Of course, they could just not know about it, or as one of my friends brought up, what if Wizard City thinks the armada are hero's? This somewhat makes sense, if they weren't, then shouldn't the armada have attacked? Once again, they could just not know about Wizard City, but it's not like they make any attempts to hide themselves. As for the war in marleybone, Wizard City might just not know about that, since wizard101 has finished with marleybone for now. Maybe not, or maybe my friend is right. We may never know. Also, if you were wondering, the crossover idea is our pirate pretending to be a ravenwood student. Sorry for the long post.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dogsrock5656 on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
Alright, this is a bit far fetched, but still interesting to think about. So I was talking to some friends on Skype and I decided to share another idea for something we had in made relating to a wizard101 and pirate101 crossover. A few minutes later, I brought up why the armada hasn't bothered attacking Wizard City. Of course, they could just not know about it, or as one of my friends brought up, what if Wizard City thinks the armada are hero's? This somewhat makes sense, if they weren't, then shouldn't the armada have attacked? Once again, they could just not know about Wizard City, but it's not like they make any attempts to hide themselves. As for the war in marleybone, Wizard City might just not know about that, since wizard101 has finished with marleybone for now. Maybe not, or maybe my friend is right. We may never know. Also, if you were wondering, the crossover idea is our pirate pretending to be a ravenwood student. Sorry for the long post.
Interesting speculation, Dogsrock. As for the Armada or Wizard City being ignorant of each other, I think ( and this is my opinion only ) because WC is in the center of the Spiral and Valencia is on the outer fringes that they haven't come face to face.
I believe that Ambrose is mostly concerned with arcane, magical threats to the Spiral and any political threat can be handled by the people concerned, without the interference of wizards.
On the Armada's part, though it's true that they hate magic, it's not in their best interest to attack a city full of 'spellslingers'. Why call down trouble when they haven't consolidated their power?
Many have been asking for a W101-P101 crossover, perhaps we can enlist the services of the Professor for this?
I like the premise of entering WC as a Ravenwood student. Hmm, I wonder what class of wizard a swashbuckler would translate to? Myth, I bet
Long or short, I'm glad for your contribution.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I have a feeling that just about every world and culture in the Spiral knows about the Ravenwood Wizards. But, I suspect that many cultures may view them more as myth, or legendary heroes that only appear when they are desperately needed.

In a way, I'd say that the Wizards of Wizard City are kinda like the Spiral's version of the Jedi Knights. The wizards tend to stick to themselves, fighting the great evils of the Spiral that no other beings can, but at the same time, letting most worlds and cultures fix their own problems. The wizards seem to stay mostly impartial, except for when something Big is endangering the Spiral, like Malistaire reviving the Fire Titan, or Morganthe threatening to destroy the Spiral.

The Armada doesn't want to destroy the Spiral, it is simply following the established rules of conquest. The war between the Armada and Marleybone isn't something for the Wizards to get involved in, it's something for Marleybone and Valencia to sort out by themselves, unless of course they ask for help from the wizards. Which I don't think either Marleybone or Valencia has.

As for the Armada attacking Wizard City...the armada troops are made of metal, wood, and piano wire. While quite effective against pirates and average troops. I don't think the armada would last very long against true wizards. How well do you think wooden and metal robots would withstand an army of fire wizards with the ability to summon Volcanoes and dragons, or Storm Wizards who can summon lightning bolts and create tsunamis, or ice wizards that could freeze the Armada solid?

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
CdeWinter on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
I have a feeling that just about every world and culture in the Spiral knows about the Ravenwood Wizards. But, I suspect that many cultures may view them more as myth, or legendary heroes that only appear when they are desperately needed.

In a way, I'd say that the Wizards of Wizard City are kinda like the Spiral's version of the Jedi Knights. The wizards tend to stick to themselves, fighting the great evils of the Spiral that no other beings can, but at the same time, letting most worlds and cultures fix their own problems. The wizards seem to stay mostly impartial, except for when something Big is endangering the Spiral, like Malistaire reviving the Fire Titan, or Morganthe threatening to destroy the Spiral.

The Armada doesn't want to destroy the Spiral, it is simply following the established rules of conquest. The war between the Armada and Marleybone isn't something for the Wizards to get involved in, it's something for Marleybone and Valencia to sort out by themselves, unless of course they ask for help from the wizards. Which I don't think either Marleybone or Valencia has.

As for the Armada attacking Wizard City...the armada troops are made of metal, wood, and piano wire. While quite effective against pirates and average troops. I don't think the armada would last very long against true wizards. How well do you think wooden and metal robots would withstand an army of fire wizards with the ability to summon Volcanoes and dragons, or Storm Wizards who can summon lightning bolts and create tsunamis, or ice wizards that could freeze the Armada solid?
That is definitely true, if the wizards got involved then I think that our pirates wouldn't have much of an issue taking down the armada and maybe Kane himself... Yea, I think it would be a good idea for our pirates to try and get the wizards to help them, the armada might not be magical, but considering they are trying to take over the spiral (I didn't mean to type destroy), I feel like the wizards might actually have to get involved in. It would be a pretty good reason for a crossover, too.

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
Interesting speculation, Dogsrock. As for the Armada or Wizard City being ignorant of each other, I think ( and this is my opinion only ) because WC is in the center of the Spiral and Valencia is on the outer fringes that they haven't come face to face.
I believe that Ambrose is mostly concerned with arcane, magical threats to the Spiral and any political threat can be handled by the people concerned, without the interference of wizards.
On the Armada's part, though it's true that they hate magic, it's not in their best interest to attack a city full of 'spellslingers'. Why call down trouble when they haven't consolidated their power?
Many have been asking for a W101-P101 crossover, perhaps we can enlist the services of the Professor for this?
I like the premise of entering WC as a Ravenwood student. Hmm, I wonder what class of wizard a swashbuckler would translate to? Myth, I bet
Long or short, I'm glad for your contribution.
Yes, I feel like our pirate would enter ravenwood to get somewhere only students could go and to collect map info. They probably are, actually. The last time we truly entered Marleybone would have been a little while after our pirate arrived in Mooshu, I believe. Personally, I think a swashbuckler would most likely be a storm wizard, do to both of them being very powerful and not having much health. But of course, that's just my opinion.

Ensign
Aug 24, 2013
P101's storyline is starting to resemble the history of WW1, andyone else seeing the connections?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
comwolf on Oct 18, 2015 wrote:
Whaz up pirates? I like the idea of a code word to defeat Kane. The message in the clockwork birds says,
"Seek out Caliostro. G." So what if "G" is the first letter in the code word? Just a thought...

Brass Wolf Capstain - Level 65 Swash
We've already translated the code to get the message. The message runs: "I know how to defeat Kane, seek for me in Valencia, find Cagliostro. 'G' "
"G" as in a signature, the first letter of his name; which CDeWinter has speculated may be "Galileo".

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
That is definitely true, if the wizards got involved then I think that our pirates wouldn't have much of an issue taking down the armada and maybe Kane himself... Yea, I think it would be a good idea for our pirates to try and get the wizards to help them, the armada might not be magical, but considering they are trying to take over the spiral (I didn't mean to type destroy), I feel like the wizards might actually have to get involved in. It would be a pretty good reason for a crossover, too.
The glorious leader would never fall to heretics like you! Kane shall rule eternal!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Oct 31, 2015 wrote:
The glorious leader would never fall to heretics like you! Kane shall rule eternal!
While you're praising Kane, I'll be raising Cain! Glad to see that you haven't abandoned the message boards!

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
zuto4011a on Oct 31, 2015 wrote:
Oh, we'll see about that...

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
I would like to reiterate what Chrissy mentioned a while back stating that maybe the armada (They don't deserved to have their name be capitalized!) could possibly have some off switch. My question is, what inventor doesn't have an off switch or some fail safe that could stop what they have created remotely. And we do know that "G." has a way to stop Kane and the armada, however for the sake of entertainment of players, I think Kingsisle would make us actually fight Kane. That being said "G." might have something for us to combat Kane with. A weapon of some sort? Who knows?

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 1, 2015 wrote:
While you're praising Kane, I'll be raising Cain! Glad to see that you haven't abandoned the message boards!
i returned when i heard something so outrageous from a friend that i personally needed to correct it and now i am reading the boards again, still not playing the game though

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I was just reviewing the Commemorative Poppy Display, when this idea hit me - what if the voice of the actor reading the poem is the voice of Kane?! IMO, this voice has the qualities for Kane, cultured, even and if the situation calls for it, I'm sure it could be made threatening also.
Plus, in W101, the poem is read by the actor whose voice is used for Grandmother Raven!
I'm interested in hearing your views on this.