Speculations on the Armada

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
826
Cruel Owen Quarrel on May 13, 2015 wrote:
[Sorry if that last post was irrelevant but what I was thinking was that would follow into a confrontational meeting with Kane's personal Honor Guard, escorting the big man (or big clockwork) in himself. The Grand Design may be a bit more explored but it could also be just him coming to capture the pirate? I don't think it will be the last confrontation with Kane but we might get a little peek at what is to come during the final battle. Plus, his Queen is still left. But, anyways, during all those shenanigans, the spirits of the Captain's parents' spirits might appear and ward off the clockworks for the time being. This could maybe lead into an epic quest where you have to speak to your parents' spirits with Catbeard, The Presidio Companion, Bonnie Anne, El Toro, your Starter, Hawkules, and maybe Argos if you are a privateer. It would be a very tense and maybe even sad moment since you have been waiting for this since the crystal caves in the Valley of the Golden Monkey. Anyways, that's just a prediction that I think would be pretty epic and I would LOVE to hear your opinions and even more speculation on this thread!]

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 64 Mourning Son
i was thinking for the final fight we all just play a nice game of poker and drink some yum together and celebrate the end of freedom together

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9111
zuto4011a on May 14, 2015 wrote:
i was thinking for the final fight we all just play a nice game of poker and drink some yum together and celebrate the end of freedom together
I'd rather celebrate the continued freedom of the Spiral by dancing on Kane's oil soaked body, may he rust in pieces!

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
67
zuto4011a on May 14, 2015 wrote:
i was thinking for the final fight we all just play a nice game of poker and drink some yum together and celebrate the end of freedom together
This made me think about chess.
I remember Wing Chun's quote: "Captain takes Rooke"
Now, Captain takes Kane! HAHAHAHA

The armada will fall and Bishop finally will become my companion! Yes!

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
98
To be honest, I am going to speculate "Lady Elite" name before I actually speculate what the armada is up to.

Ensign
Jul 16, 2013
42
Somebody probably said this but has anyone noticed that Bishop and Rooke have a pointed masks and this is just a guess but what if their birds. Now I know that that Deacon, Kane, and lady Elite don't but you never know.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9111
This month's newsletter is about Phule ( quite possibly one of the favorite of the Elites ) so much information is revealed - or is it? Very little hard fact is served up in his Rogues Gallery, that we're left with more questions than before. ( I detect a certain kitty's paw prints all over this ).
Was Phule created before Kane? I can see that he may have been created as an entertaining toy for a bored monarch; by 'G' ( remember the Armada refer to him as 'The Toymaker' ). And when Valencia entered the Polarian war, with what he learned when building Phule, 'G' then builds the Armada forces and constructs Kane an his ultimate invention.
Phule's position in the Armada is possibly that of the agent provocateur, general troublemaker; by turning allies against each other in the old 'divide and conquer' tactic.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
826
anecorbie on May 14, 2015 wrote:
I'd rather celebrate the continued freedom of the Spiral by dancing on Kane's oil soaked body, may he rust in pieces!
just now seeing this heresy, and its horrible! kane has feelings too you know!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9111
zuto4011a on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
just now seeing this heresy, and its horrible! kane has feelings too you know!
Yes, and I hope he feels the bite of my steel!

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
54
Well, I would say the Armada would come back over and over just as Malistaire from Wizard101. We can just hope Deacon will come back, being the only survivor when you defeat the Armada, and he secretly survived. I think that would be a nice little part of the quests. Maybe building the Armada back up and reviving Kane as well?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
242
anecorbie on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
Yes, and I hope he feels the bite of my steel!
YARR! I hope he feels the pain of my Aquilan Shield!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9111
akhenaten751 on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
Well, I would say the Armada would come back over and over just as Malistaire from Wizard101. We can just hope Deacon will come back, being the only survivor when you defeat the Armada, and he secretly survived. I think that would be a nice little part of the quests. Maybe building the Armada back up and reviving Kane as well?
Why would you want to do the same thing over and over? Deacon is confirmed as destroyed. W101 only brought back Malistaire because he's a better villain than Morganthe.
I'm hoping for a new more deadly threat to the Spiral after the removal of the Armada. Without the Elites, they would only be a bunch of wind-up toy soldiers.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
826
anecorbie on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
Why would you want to do the same thing over and over? Deacon is confirmed as destroyed. W101 only brought back Malistaire because he's a better villain than Morganthe.
I'm hoping for a new more deadly threat to the Spiral after the removal of the Armada. Without the Elites, they would only be a bunch of wind-up toy soldiers.
*Wonders if she remembers my dorado tomb theory as a deadlier threat*

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
242
zuto4011a on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
*Wonders if she remembers my dorado tomb theory as a deadlier threat*
I enjoyed reading your El Dorado theory but similar to another city of riches, Las Vegas, what happens in El Dorado will likely stay in El Dorado. The ancient power guarding the city of gold will very likely be the main antagonist of that world, seein as how Blind Mew has confirmed we will have fought all of the Elites by the time El Dorado rolls around. This means that the higher powers of El Dorado might not be the main antagonists of the newest story arc, but more or an intermission while we finish up El Dorado, and they shall be the finale. At least that's what I think.
Have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Skilled Fortune Seeker

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9111
zuto4011a on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
*Wonders if she remembers my dorado tomb theory as a deadlier threat*
Oh, I do, Robert, I do. But if we beat the Armada to El Dorado or confront Kane there, it could mean that we destroy or contain the "Something".
Which leaves a few possibilities for further threats for us to face:
1. Meowiarty
2. The Radicals of Albion
And who knows what else may come from the fertile, creative minds of the KI story team?

Ensign
Dec 17, 2013
3
zuto4011a on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
just now seeing this heresy, and its horrible! kane has feelings too you know!
considering the fact he's trying to kidnap us and force us to a prison (cadiz) and is a reason why some pirates's parents are dead I don't feel much sympathy for him. And Kane doesn't have feelings. they can act out emotions in situations they are programmed to react that way too but the clockwork it self has no feelings. and in my opinion it's not Kane we need to worry about, IT'S HIS EVIL WIFE!
no one is silent for that long without planning something.....

Belle level 64

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
This is just a thought but since the armada wear venetian masks, maybe the toymaker lives in the city of venice(or venezia?)

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
183
"Quiet people have the loudest minds."
- Stephen Hawking

Basically meaning, the ones who are more placid, silent, and still, have the most outrageous of minds. And of our small but powerful band of clockworks, who is the quitest, the one who we haven't heard or seen, the one who works behind the scenes? Queen/Lady Elite, thats who. There was a chain of theories about her earlier in this post but I would like to remind everyone that even though Kane might be the big guns of the Armada, could it be that he is just a figure head? A puppet? But what is a puppet, without the puppet master of course, our only candidate that would actually make sense, and contribute greatly to the arc would be Queen/Lady Elite herself. Now I have in game evidence that could lead us to believe that Queen really is the big wig of the Armada. As we all have noticed, the way in which we battle is that of Chess, in the game of Chess, the most important piece is the Queen. Now this is self explanatory, basically saying though there are many pawns and knights and such to be warry of, the Queen is what you want and also what you look out for. The Queen might bring with her that sense of regalia and elegance, but she just might be the thorn you DON'T want in your side. Also, we have noticed that the elite group of the Armada, are named after chess pieces except for Kane and Deacon. But if given name, Kane would obviously be King, and believe it or not, Deacon would just be another pawn. And once again the Queen is the most important. This, ladies and gentlemen, leads to the obvious fact that the Queen/Lady Elite herself, is the real power behind the Armada. Thank you.

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
TheHoodooQueen on Jul 12, 2015 wrote:
"Quiet people have the loudest minds."
- Stephen Hawking

Basically meaning, the ones who are more placid, silent, and still, have the most outrageous of minds. And of our small but powerful band of clockworks, who is the quitest, the one who we haven't heard or seen, the one who works behind the scenes? Queen/Lady Elite, thats who. There was a chain of theories about her earlier in this post but I would like to remind everyone that even though Kane might be the big guns of the Armada, could it be that he is just a figure head? A puppet? But what is a puppet, without the puppet master of course, our only candidate that would actually make sense, and contribute greatly to the arc would be Queen/Lady Elite herself. Now I have in game evidence that could lead us to believe that Queen really is the big wig of the Armada. As we all have noticed, the way in which we battle is that of Chess, in the game of Chess, the most important piece is the Queen. Now this is self explanatory, basically saying though there are many pawns and knights and such to be warry of, the Queen is what you want and also what you look out for. The Queen might bring with her that sense of regalia and elegance, but she just might be the thorn you DON'T want in your side. Also, we have noticed that the elite group of the Armada, are named after chess pieces except for Kane and Deacon. But if given name, Kane would obviously be King, and believe it or not, Deacon would just be another pawn. And once again the Queen is the most important. This, ladies and gentlemen, leads to the obvious fact that the Queen/Lady Elite herself, is the real power behind the Armada. Thank you.

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65
Kane has actually been keeping his mouth shut, too. The only things we know about Kane are rumors, or stuff that the other elites tell us, and Kane may be keeping them mostly in the dark, too. If Dame/Queen/Lady Elite was the leader of the armada, we'd probably know the same things about her than we did Kane, Kane is just talked about more because he's the leader.

Also this is the spiral, and maybe in Valencia the deacon and kane and phule are chess pieces. You never know!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
939
TheHoodooQueen on Jul 12, 2015 wrote:
"Quiet people have the loudest minds."
- Stephen Hawking

Basically meaning, the ones who are more placid, silent, and still, have the most outrageous of minds. And of our small but powerful band of clockworks, who is the quitest, the one who we haven't heard or seen, the one who works behind the scenes? Queen/Lady Elite, thats who. There was a chain of theories about her earlier in this post but I would like to remind everyone that even though Kane might be the big guns of the Armada, could it be that he is just a figure head? A puppet? But what is a puppet, without the puppet master of course, our only candidate that would actually make sense, and contribute greatly to the arc would be Queen/Lady Elite herself. Now I have in game evidence that could lead us to believe that Queen really is the big wig of the Armada. As we all have noticed, the way in which we battle is that of Chess, in the game of Chess, the most important piece is the Queen. Now this is self explanatory, basically saying though there are many pawns and knights and such to be warry of, the Queen is what you want and also what you look out for. The Queen might bring with her that sense of regalia and elegance, but she just might be the thorn you DON'T want in your side. Also, we have noticed that the elite group of the Armada, are named after chess pieces except for Kane and Deacon. But if given name, Kane would obviously be King, and believe it or not, Deacon would just be another pawn. And once again the Queen is the most important. This, ladies and gentlemen, leads to the obvious fact that the Queen/Lady Elite herself, is the real power behind the Armada. Thank you.

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65
This post has some great thinking behind it, but I honestly have to disagree upon the hypothesis.

In chess, the Queen is not the most important piece. The King is.
The Queen may be able to move the most, and inflict the most damage, but the game does not end until the King is put in checkmate. The Queen may be taken, but that doesn't end the game. A good player can still win without having her Queen, it simply becomes a bit harder. Many times I have sacrificed my Queen in order to pull my opponent into a trap.

And, following the rules of Chess, the Queen can always be replaced by 'just another pawn', the King however can never be replaced. So, the Queen is really equal to all of the other royal pieces in chess, and still below the King.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9111
TheHoodooQueen on Jul 12, 2015 wrote:
"Quiet people have the loudest minds."
- Stephen Hawking

Basically meaning, the ones who are more placid, silent, and still, have the most outrageous of minds. And of our small but powerful band of clockworks, who is the quitest, the one who we haven't heard or seen, the one who works behind the scenes? Queen/Lady Elite, thats who. There was a chain of theories about her earlier in this post but I would like to remind everyone that even though Kane might be the big guns of the Armada, could it be that he is just a figure head? A puppet? But what is a puppet, without the puppet master of course, our only candidate that would actually make sense, and contribute greatly to the arc would be Queen/Lady Elite herself. Now I have in game evidence that could lead us to believe that Queen really is the big wig of the Armada. As we all have noticed, the way in which we battle is that of Chess, in the game of Chess, the most important piece is the Queen. Now this is self explanatory, basically saying though there are many pawns and knights and such to be warry of, the Queen is what you want and also what you look out for. The Queen might bring with her that sense of regalia and elegance, but she just might be the thorn you DON'T want in your side. Also, we have noticed that the elite group of the Armada, are named after chess pieces except for Kane and Deacon. But if given name, Kane would obviously be King, and believe it or not, Deacon would just be another pawn. And once again the Queen is the most important. This, ladies and gentlemen, leads to the obvious fact that the Queen/Lady Elite herself, is the real power behind the Armada. Thank you.

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65
Very well reasoned, and thank you for contributing to this thread. ( BTW your name is familiar to me, have you been in the Tower? )
Of course, having read this thread, you know I disagree on several key points in your speculation.
We have no evidence that the Lady Elite is nothing more than another member of Kane's Court. Just because the Queen chess piece is female and we have a female elite doesn't mean that they coincide. Yet we have every indication that Kane is the one commanding the Armada; let's put aside what Avery has told us ( it could be biased ), let's even disregard that Bishop makes his report to 'Supreme Commander' Kane; why would 'G' want to tell us how to defeat Kane if Kane wasn't the true threat to the Spiral? Remember that 'G' is the Toymaker and was the one to create Kane and the clockworks. If the Lady Elite were the true master behind the scenes, surely 'G' as the clockwork maker would know this and would inform us through his coded messages.
No, I believe that the Lady ( or Milady/Dame ) is nothing more than another Court member; of course she'll be powerful, a higher up elite than Deacon or even Rooke.

Ensign
Feb 26, 2013
13
I'd say the Armada are creepy! I especially love the fact that they aren't your usual robot. I'm hoping they'll make companions for them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9111
freedingle10 on Jul 25, 2015 wrote:
I'd say the Armada are creepy! I especially love the fact that they aren't your usual robot. I'm hoping they'll make companions for them.
No Armada companions, please!
It's interesting that KI is releasing Rogue's Galleries on The Elites, shall we see Kane's and Milady's Rogue's Galleries soon?
If my understanding of these Gallieries are correct then we now have a possible time line for the creation of the elites:
1. Phule; if he was first then possibly he was created to amuse King Casimir of Valencia by "G", the Toymaker.
2. Valencia joins an alliance with Monquista and Marleybone against Polaris. From his knowledge of creating Phule, Galileo ( "G" ) creates the first clockwork soldiers.
3. Realizing he needs a commanding officer for the new army, Galileo creates Kane. Needing tactics and development in armament; Bishop and later Rooke are added to the command.
4. The Armada is a complete success, yet something goes wrong and the Valencians lose control of the army.
5. Kane causes Deacon to be created, adding an intelligence network and diplomacy to the Armada's "tools of war".
Which leaves us with Milady Elite unaccounted for - what is her true purpose? I believe she's Kane's private assassin.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
anecorbie on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
No Armada companions, please!
It's interesting that KI is releasing Rogue's Galleries on The Elites, shall we see Kane's and Milady's Rogue's Galleries soon?
If my understanding of these Gallieries are correct then we now have a possible time line for the creation of the elites:
1. Phule; if he was first then possibly he was created to amuse King Casimir of Valencia by "G", the Toymaker.
2. Valencia joins an alliance with Monquista and Marleybone against Polaris. From his knowledge of creating Phule, Galileo ( "G" ) creates the first clockwork soldiers.
3. Realizing he needs a commanding officer for the new army, Galileo creates Kane. Needing tactics and development in armament; Bishop and later Rooke are added to the command.
4. The Armada is a complete success, yet something goes wrong and the Valencians lose control of the army.
5. Kane causes Deacon to be created, adding an intelligence network and diplomacy to the Armada's "tools of war".
Which leaves us with Milady Elite unaccounted for - what is her true purpose? I believe she's Kane's private assassin.
It's interesting how you call her 'Milady' because I think she's kind of like the character Milady from The Three Musketeers

Ensign
Jan 14, 2011
7
You know, I read a speculation that WE are the last piece of the map, like a tattoo that only shows u in a certain situation. what if THAT is the true reason the armada wants to capture us, aside from them not wanting to know they lost two prisoners from there all so mighty ships, and the fact that we have been a virus (get it? computers? I will show myself out, now) since the begging.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9111
zleepokemon on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
You know, I read a speculation that WE are the last piece of the map, like a tattoo that only shows u in a certain situation. what if THAT is the true reason the armada wants to capture us, aside from them not wanting to know they lost two prisoners from there all so mighty ships, and the fact that we have been a virus (get it? computers? I will show myself out, now) since the begging.
That is entirely possible; but you must realize the reason that the Armada is hunting us is because we are the ones who will eventually bring them down. This was explained in W101's Five B.O.X.E.S. event, where Boochbeard and Gandry learned of the existence of an orphan pirate who will destroy the Armada.
Who has the seventh piece of the map? Is the map physical, or maybe a memory of a childhood rhyme?
These theories have been explored in other posts: I recommend that you look at "Marco Pollo's Photograph".