Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Coming Spring Sneak Peek

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Ratbeard on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
Too difficult or time consuming to train: A couple of mouse clicks every few minutes to set your pet on their training task; and because the training time increases as the pet levels, eventually it will be a couple of mouse clicks every play session.

Too expensive to train: I didn't use any crowns packs training my pet (that was the point of my test, actually)-- just the snacks that were available on the pavilion vendor. You can get more snacks and gear from pet matches (for free), and you can get even more snacks and gear by sending your companions out to get it (also free).

A necessity in PvP: Look-- if you guys want PvP to be a part of this game, then you should expect that all other parts of the game are going to be part of PvP, and that includes Pets. Just as PvP includes questing and farming for good loot.

Everything rolls together and feeds back into other systems, so the more you invest in the game, the more you will get out of all parts of the game. Hypothetically speaking, when Crafting comes to P101, you should fully expect that to affect PvP, too. For that matter, when ranked PvP arrives, you should expect that to affect pets, questing, and crafting. You should not expect balkanization of systems.

It should be easy to build the perfect pet: No, it shouldn't. It should be hard to build the perfect pet, so that somebody who goes to the trouble of building a perfect pet is rewarded for their hard work. I would rather reward someone for hard work with a great pet, than make it simple for everyone to have a "subtle" (read: ineffectual) pet.
This is probably the most beautiful thing ive read.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
The new preview of the Maria Celestia has Captain Blood in it... I call it " The Return Of Captain Blood". I bet he wants revenge... x runs to go see it again x x runs back x yep that's Captain Blood and my does he look angry...

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
OH MY GOODNESS Valkoor your genius just never stops. That was beyond amazing. I actually had the foresight to have You Tube up and running and I had the song queued up and ready so I had the "original" music playing as I sang your lyrics and it was just FLAWLESS I had to stop once in a while to just laugh and laugh. You have an gift that would give Dr.Zeppers and his videos a run for his yum if you had a singing voice and video equipment. If you don't then I HIGHlY suggest a collaboration. That was brilliant and beyond amazing and I am so grateful I made sure the ice coffee was out of reach. That was just so fun that I have to do it again. You are a true shining star Valkoor. Let nothing or no challenge allow it to dim. *Bows to deeply and with great respect.* Yes bottle that stuff and you will make a fortune handing it out that will make El Dorado look like something behind Oz's curtain.
Wow, Chrissy- thank you so much. You just made my day. I am in no way the blushing type, but I just felt the redness settle upon my face in record timing. Your kind and encouraging words are always appreciated, not just by me, but everyone who is lucky enough to receive them. I must say though, please don't encourage me to sing- that would not be good for anyone within a couple mile radius. I do sing to the babies all the time and they love it but they don't know yet what good singing is, so I thoroughly take advantage of it. Boy are they going to be in for a surprise when they wise up and discover what real singing is.

Thank you again.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I just had a few questions about the new companion and pet advanced systems . They are more about how it will affect our pirates inventory. It seems that with the new changes and updates that our pirates will be getting more items to store/equip. From the companions performing tasks that gain multiple types of items and the fact that their are now going to be 7 gear slots and possibly additional slots (?) for pet related items, such as snacks/treats . So my questions are as follows:

Will we see an increase in the number of items our pirates' backpacks, banks and shared banks can hold?

With the ability of companions to acquire items from assigned tasks, where will those new items be placed when the companions finish the task? Or will the companions actually 'store' them until we decide to do something with them?

Will the pet treats/snacks and pet related items count towards our overall pirate inventory?

Will the pets being able to roam in our houses count towards are housing items limit? Are we receiving an increase in housing limit as well?

Due to the fact that our companions can now gain gold and possibly hit a gold mind, has the 200,000 gold limit been increased to accommodate our new flow of gold?

Do the Doubloons count towards our backpack capacity limit? (I think I read that we could have up to 20 Doubloons)

With the new mark/recall feature (love it, by the way), will we have a notification showing what our most recent marked spot was? (in case it has been a while and we forget where we marked)

Could I be any more excited to try everything out?
...I already now the answer to that one

Sorry, if any of these have been answered or revealed already- with all of the activity going on lately it has been hard to keep up with some of it.

Thank you in advance for any answers to any of these questions.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Is it me or Skull Island is getting bigger ? From what I saw of the sneak peek,the 3 new zones seems to be a part of the Skull Island expansion,from the look of their design.I could be wrong,but it could be something else Celestia maybe or even Darkmoore expansion to Skull Island,so much mystery for our pirates to solve.

As for pet training that will be a great honor to finally have the attention our pirate pet needed.I can't wait to see what abilities my pet will have.

Again thank you so much for the sneak peeks.

Administrator
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 28, 2014 wrote:
I just had a few questions about the new companion and pet advanced systems . They are more about how it will affect our pirates inventory. It seems that with the new changes and updates that our pirates will be getting more items to store/equip. From the companions performing tasks that gain multiple types of items and the fact that their are now going to be 7 gear slots and possibly additional slots (?) for pet related items, such as snacks/treats . So my questions are as follows:

Will we see an increase in the number of items our pirates' backpacks, banks and shared banks can hold?

With the ability of companions to acquire items from assigned tasks, where will those new items be placed when the companions finish the task? Or will the companions actually 'store' them until we decide to do something with them?

Will the pet treats/snacks and pet related items count towards our overall pirate inventory?

Will the pets being able to roam in our houses count towards are housing items limit? Are we receiving an increase in housing limit as well?

Due to the fact that our companions can now gain gold and possibly hit a gold mind, has the 200,000 gold limit been increased to accommodate our new flow of gold?

Do the Doubloons count towards our backpack capacity limit? (I think I read that we could have up to 20 Doubloons)

With the new mark/recall feature (love it, by the way), will we have a notification showing what our most recent marked spot was? (in case it has been a while and we forget where we marked)

Could I be any more excited to try everything out?
...I already now the answer to that one

Sorry, if any of these have been answered or revealed already- with all of the activity going on lately it has been hard to keep up with some of it.

Thank you in advance for any answers to any of these questions.
Ok, let's see here . . .

• Doubloons, pet snacks, and pet gear all have their own inventories that do not count toward your bag space.
  • Pets and mounts in your house will count toward your housing item limits. There is no increase to your existing housing limits; however, you still have the option to purchase a Bric-a-Brac elixir from the Crown Shop to increase your house's total limit.
  • The 200,000 Gold Cap has not been increased -- make sure you spend that gold on all the amazing things we offer you to buy both in game and in the Crown Shop (like Class Houses, furniture, etc.) before you hit the cap!
  • If you roll over your Mark and Recall icon, it'll tell you where you'll return to if you click that button.

Please keep up the excitement! We love it!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
What will it cost us to set a mark? In W101, setting a mark lowered our mojo value. Will we use some blue juice from our mojo potion, spend some gold, or weaken our health when we set a mark ?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 28, 2014 wrote:
Ok, let's see here . . .

• Doubloons, pet snacks, and pet gear all have their own inventories that do not count toward your bag space.
  • Pets and mounts in your house will count toward your housing item limits. There is no increase to your existing housing limits; however, you still have the option to purchase a Bric-a-Brac elixir from the Crown Shop to increase your house's total limit.
  • The 200,000 Gold Cap has not been increased -- make sure you spend that gold on all the amazing things we offer you to buy both in game and in the Crown Shop (like Class Houses, furniture, etc.) before you hit the cap!
  • If you roll over your Mark and Recall icon, it'll tell you where you'll return to if you click that button.

Please keep up the excitement! We love it!
Does what's coming to Pirate101 include Book 15, too? I really want to continue on with the main story adventures so we can figure out how to thwart the Armada, since the Toymaker knows how to overthrow Kane. I've been waiting for that to happen because I've reached the end of Book 14, and all, and I know I'll enjoy these additions, such as Advanced Companions and Advanced Pets, but I wouldn't want to wait a bit more longer for more main adventures.

Also, do we get to let our Companions roam free in player housing, like our Pets and Mounts, too? I've been wanting for that to happen for such a time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
Well, Golden Guardian- it's quite embarrassing...but ol' Gus was at it again. This time actually at the new ARMADISCO, on the dance floor- singing to Valkoor, with total disregard for a pirate's sense of pride. Picture Valkoor's embarrassment as Sir Gus belted out this disco blast from the past, if you will....

At first I was alone,
no one by my side.
Kept rolled up in a ball,
as I tried so hard to hide.
But I loosened up my armored shell,
and thought how the Armada did you wrong.
You're a pirate who's strong,
And I know right where I belong.
And now Kane's back,
trying to hold you down.
As I Hustle across this dance floor,
just know that we are honor bound.
Oh, I should have learned to whistle,
But I'll just tell everyone Ahoy!
Hot dang I love to Disco,
Kane you can wait...cause right now it's Van McCoy!
GO on Kane GO, you won't get too far.
Pirate if you're with me,
well then just let out a YARRR!
Wasn't Kane the one who hurt me, hung me out to dry.
Did he think I'd shrivel?
Did he think I'd just roll right up and die?
Oh no...no I
I just split my shell,
But as long as I stay in a ball,
no one will ever tell.
I've got way too much pride,
but the Disco's burnin' deep inside.
Oooh, time to slide.
I WILL SURVIVE...Hee, Hee
As you can imagine, it will be a quite a long time before Valkoor can show his face again in Avery's Court. I think Sir Gus is taking this ARMADISCO thing a bit too far.
Ratbeard has said it so eloquently and with the perfect phrase...There are not enough Yars in the world for Valkoor. This one truly deserves Yar Infinity. You need to start making videos Valkoor. They will go viral for sure Perhaps your Lady Fair can do some singing too.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Oh, no worries, Jack, we are all as excited as kids before dawn on Christmas morning, waiting and speculating eagerly on the contents of our stockings! (because we were all good kids, of course).

Sooo... regarding the very latest sneak peek, Devilfish Hollow, I am impressed: there are Watermoles who are not cute! (gasp!) Could be those glowing red eyes, ominous color scheme, and threatening face masks... all of which might be a small clue that these are not your normal Watermoles (though Mormo and Romba may argue about what constitutes a normal Watermole) Yes, Anne generally thinks Watermoles are quite adorable; boy, she's going to be in for quite a surprise!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
Well, Golden Guardian- it's quite embarrassing...but ol' Gus was at it again. This time actually at the new ARMADISCO, on the dance floor- singing to Valkoor, with total disregard for a pirate's sense of pride. Picture Valkoor's embarrassment as Sir Gus belted out this disco blast from the past, if you will....

At first I was alone,
no one by my side.
Kept rolled up in a ball,
as I tried so hard to hide.
But I loosened up my armored shell,
and thought how the Armada did you wrong.
You're a pirate who's strong,
And I know right where I belong.
And now Kane's back,
trying to hold you down.
As I Hustle across this dance floor,
just know that we are honor bound.
Oh, I should have learned to whistle,
But I'll just tell everyone Ahoy!
Hot dang I love to Disco,
Kane you can wait...cause right now it's Van McCoy!
GO on Kane GO, you won't get too far.
Pirate if you're with me,
well then just let out a YARRR!
Wasn't Kane the one who hurt me, hung me out to dry.
Did he think I'd shrivel?
Did he think I'd just roll right up and die?
Oh no...no I
I just split my shell,
But as long as I stay in a ball,
no one will ever tell.
I've got way too much pride,
but the Disco's burnin' deep inside.
Oooh, time to slide.
I WILL SURVIVE...Hee, Hee
As you can imagine, it will be a quite a long time before Valkoor can show his face again in Avery's Court. I think Sir Gus is taking this ARMADISCO thing a bit too far.
Ooo, and I doubt you are going to be able to take Sir Gus home anytime soon, Valkoor. Something about him being surrounded on the dance floor by hordes of other pets, all wanting his autograph (where they put the paper and pencil is beyond me). One orchid chameleon faints from sheer joy after being invited as a dance partner - well, you know orchid chameleons, they get over-excited easily

Seriously Valkoor, just brilliant!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
Ooo, and I doubt you are going to be able to take Sir Gus home anytime soon, Valkoor. Something about him being surrounded on the dance floor by hordes of other pets, all wanting his autograph (where they put the paper and pencil is beyond me). One orchid chameleon faints from sheer joy after being invited as a dance partner - well, you know orchid chameleons, they get over-excited easily

Seriously Valkoor, just brilliant!
Thank you so much Anne. And you are right about that mini roly poly's new rise to fame and stardom. He has created quite a Gus Fuss for sure. I have already procured him a wig (hence the disco...an afro seems to be fitting) and Sato's Black Rain Shades so that in the midst of his Disco Steps he can now Shadow Step his way out of the ensuing chaos. A name change may be in order too, but that may be a bit drastic and Gus just sounds so Disco-y...I think. I do hope the little guy at least helped that orchid chameleon back to her feet...can't lose his gentlemanly ways amidst all the stardom, can he? The Chivalry must go on. The Gus Bus has pulled out of the station and all systems are Disc-go! Next stop...Funky Town!

ALL ABOOAARD!!!

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
are the new companion quests side quests or automatic quests

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
Ensign
Oct 11, 2012
I wonder if Pet Morphing is going to cost money, like it does in Wizard101.

In Wizard101 I always wanted to hatch a pet. I think I had a pet that was Ancient or something. But when he was an adult I decided to hatch a pet. I think I tried hatching (i don't remember. This was such a long time ago) but I saw it cost money. And a lot of money . I didn't have nearly enough to hatch so I left.

So, is Pet Morphing going to cost gold? If so, it's time to farm Sandy XD

Marissa Everhart (aka Mar Mar)

Community Leader
I noticed that Massively has mentioned that the pets will grow in size as we level them up. Is this correct? Will they actually grow in size? Will their looks also change?

Also with this update, does this mean that Dueling Diego will also drop new furniture??

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I be wondering, there be seven sneak peaks so far and three empty slots, ye think if there be more, one of them could be the next new world......hmmm.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Kelsey Fireheart on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
I noticed that Massively has mentioned that the pets will grow in size as we level them up. Is this correct? Will they actually grow in size? Will their looks also change?

Also with this update, does this mean that Dueling Diego will also drop new furniture??
Dueling Diego already drops new furniture. New as in not in the game. I don't understand why they would change it if this furniture isn't even in the game yet.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Richard Ashthorn on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
Here are my theories about the sneak peek:

The Aquilan themed deck: Many people are asking for a Ship PvP arena. This may be the gateway to the Arena.

The Pelican: Strongly agree that it might be a companion. Many people are saying that it has a hatchet ( I can't find it ), and typically hatchets were meant for cutting tree and leaving marks. So the weapon is a slashy ( possibly smashy ) and Privateers' special weapon type are slashy. Also I looked at the player, and I couldn't identify the weapon it was using (couldn't tell if the player is a boy or girl do to the hood). But it seems like either a slashy and stabby, but i did see a gun there.

The staircase: Nothing special. Probably there just to shave off 5 seconds for players.

The Turtle Bird Thing: If you look at Avery's Office and move to the right there is a mysterious turtle thing that strangely resembles to Marazume the Flying Turtle of Mooshu. And if you look on its back there seems to be a mansion or Colosseum. This bird might be connected to the Aquilan themed bridge next to the roost, I'm not sure.

The 2 buildings: I understand that Chrissy thinks the sign looks like an armadillo, but to me I see a snack thing shaped like a loaf of bread. So I'm guessing that it may be a pet snack shop and the building next to it may be a pet vendor or vice versa.

That's what I guess, but I may be wrong.
I believe the thing behind Avery's Office is Bestia. Notice on the Bestia panorama the wing and Skull Island behind it.

Developer
Kelsey Fireheart on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:

Yes, they'll get larger.

Some pets grow until they are nearly as tall as your pirate and some pets may grow to be even larger.

Your cute little buffaloon pet can someday grow to be as large as a normal buffaloon!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
Yes, they'll get larger.

Some pets grow until they are nearly as tall as your pirate and some pets may grow to be even larger.

Your cute little buffaloon pet can someday grow to be as large as a normal buffaloon!
Woah . That is amazingly so cool. You got me so excited now and I thought I already was.

Lieutenant
Sep 10, 2009
Richard: Ratbeard please don't tell me that there isn't really gonna be an "Armadisco" because if you did-
*Griffin bursts through wall with anger*
Griffin: How dare you lie to me! Especially when armadillos are involved! *Screams with anger*
Richard: AH! *Background darkens*

Ensign
Feb 26, 2012
I have a question about the Hoodoo Bundle My Walmart is NOT Pirate 101 or Wizard 101 gift cards eve my friend in PA couldn't find it at his Walmart so how are we suppose to get it if we can't find it Will you sell it in line so everyone has a chance to get it or send it to Game Stop Please I'm a very unhappy pirate cause I have bought all the Bundles

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Noble Arthur Fairl... on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
are the new companion quests side quests or automatic quests
I am pretty sure they are side quests that become available for picking up at level 4.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Will the level cap be raised? Like to level 70? x. x