Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do you have an idea‽

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 23, 2009
I would like to see Bundle items such as hoodoo bundle ship or the bundle gear etc able to be upgraded in game. Buying the next tier upgrade with gold or even crowns would allow us to use these neat items throughout our adventures. Instead of parking them in the gift window till we level up or worse yet claiming them early and finding them useless in a few days other than bank fodder or fluff parked at the random dock.

Thanks
Pirodjin

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
since wizard101 has the water works gear you should have a place where you can get gear that matches the class

Ensign
Nov 30, 2013
Maybe we could have some type of ship pvp. It'll be fun and different from the normal pvp, and the pet arena that's been out for at least a week now. (correct me if I'm wrong on that :P)

Here's how it'll work:
It'll be based on your ship level and stats. Like the kraken horn, Titan's wheel, etc.
You can also do a 4vs4 ship battle as well. (I don't know how that's going to work out XD)
And they'll be tokens to collect on the battlefield to boost up your ship. Examples: Ship damage taken, Boost your speed, boost your damage, etc, etc.
So much good ideas, I don't know where to start!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
A new dance emote would be nice, like the Kowbooki dance or Dead Mike's Sailor's Hornpipe.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
A new dance emote would be nice, like the Kowbooki dance or Dead Mike's Sailor's Hornpipe.
I would even settle for us to be able to do the Bee dance. The work is already done and they can change the name if they like.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
Well I'm going to give a bundle of ideas that I believe would fit into the game good enough without players going: What happened to Pirate101? It was never like this! More like editorial stuff people may not notice. For example the run and shoot option for ranged, I don't know how you can do that though... However, I think you can make it where when you select a companion you could either make it where you can right click on a space that that companion has to walk to first, and this can be used as many times until the desired destination/action, that can work with run and shoot as well. Of course keep the simple left click. OR you can make it where you could click and drag, kind of drag the course with the companion. but the right click would be more compatible with the run and shoot option previously mentioned. Another thing: An unplugged option. By this I mean you can select a companion to have their own AI for that round if you have no idea what to do, but do make sure the Artificial Intelligence is... uh... Intelligent.

Ensign
May 01, 2012
Personally I'd love to see a new hoarde pack in the crown shop, something like the Aztecosaur one. A few themes I can see are undead including and undead pirate, crossbowman, axling and maybe captain blood variant. I could also see a shark one including several different kinds of sharks, maybe hammerhead, goblin, Threshers, ect. I would also like to see more promotions for storyline characters that have not promoted in a while like Old Scratch, Louis leBisque and others that have not promoted since the 30s.

Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
As we level, we get more and more NPCs to use. We need more skill books. Sadly, we only get 3 skill books per level and the price keeps going up where it has become untenable to train more than a few characters. Even then, we have to wait for several levels. Please add more skill books and make them less expensive

Secondly, When witch doctors summon NPC skeletons , the level of the summoned NPC seems not to coincide with the level of the player or even the level of the NPC characters that are useable. There really needs to be some beefing up of summoned characters in both damage and especially in their health. A typical pet or summoned NPC now has 690 health while my regular NPCs average about 1800-2000 health. They really do need a boost

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
i would love to be actually able to CHOOSE the path we take in combat. for instance, as a SB using the hidden ability, you may want to take the long way to avoid fire, or any class to avoid an enemy with hold the line, etc. as it is now,you choose a spot on the map and it goes there using a specific route, even if it goes a path that you dont want it to take. any chance of this happening in the near future?

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
Blixet on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
i would love to be actually able to CHOOSE the path we take in combat. for instance, as a SB using the hidden ability, you may want to take the long way to avoid fire, or any class to avoid an enemy with hold the line, etc. as it is now,you choose a spot on the map and it goes there using a specific route, even if it goes a path that you dont want it to take. any chance of this happening in the near future?
ah, forgot to mention something! as pvp works now, it would be great if the swashbuckler power tiers of "hidden in shadows" or whatever its called worked the way it was advertised to. those abilities often make the backbone of my strategy, and its not fair that a simple AoE, which any class can easily acquire, can get us because they can see us.
I understand that that is easier said than done, but it is not ok to have such a great ability be completely muffled by its basic mechanic deliberately being disabled.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I would sure like to provide my trusty mounts with a more personal and proper name. I think it would be nice if there was an NPC that we could pay gold/crowns to give our mounts a super spiffy name, one more fitting of the important role they play in our pirates' adventures throughout the Spiral. Think about it for a moment, they haul us around tediously, never getting any water or warm milk and often get shoved in a bank or backpack- so, the least we can do is make them feel a bit more special.

Right now Valkoor is stuck with "Here, kitty, kitty" and "Quadro-paws" for his puma and jaguar respectively, "Peggy or Peg-y-su(s)" for his Aquilan Pegasus, "Big Bird" or "Thingamajig" for his Gryphon mount, "TNT or Dino-mount" for his 3 Ankylosaurs (Paul Ankyla for the Citrine one).

Those are all great and all, but I sure, I mean Valkoor sure would like for them to have a name that makes them feel like less of a carriage and more like a care-age. So, an NPC to give them that name that shows them they are family after all, sure would be nice.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
I would sure like to provide my trusty mounts with a more personal and proper name. I think it would be nice if there was an NPC that we could pay gold/crowns to give our mounts a super spiffy name, one more fitting of the important role they play in our pirates' adventures throughout the Spiral. Think about it for a moment, they haul us around tediously, never getting any water or warm milk and often get shoved in a bank or backpack- so, the least we can do is make them feel a bit more special.

Right now Valkoor is stuck with "Here, kitty, kitty" and "Quadro-paws" for his puma and jaguar respectively, "Peggy or Peg-y-su(s)" for his Aquilan Pegasus, "Big Bird" or "Thingamajig" for his Gryphon mount, "TNT or Dino-mount" for his 3 Ankylosaurs (Paul Ankyla for the Citrine one).

Those are all great and all, but I sure, I mean Valkoor sure would like for them to have a name that makes them feel like less of a carriage and more like a care-age. So, an NPC to give them that name that shows them they are family after all, sure would be nice.
I would also like it if we could get a small increase in backpack and bank/shared bank space. Being that I only have one max level pirate, I have accumulated a lot of great gear/powers of varying levels for my young, unseasoned pirates of the other classes. It can be tough 'fitting' all the gear in the other pirates packs/banks. A little increase surely would be welcomed and appreciated!

Also I would enjoy having more options made available for spending large amounts of gold. All of my companions that I wish to be, are maxed (2 pages) and I have all of the class houses as well. Currently, when I reach the gold limit I just have to buy the large treasure piles (150,000) from Marleybone or the huge treasure piles (200,000) from Aquila and pass them on to my other pirates to be sold at a Cutthroat discounted price, I'd say.

More options of high gold purchases, or even increasing the gold cap, would make it easier to 'unload' the gold before hitting the cap. But, I guess with the new updates there will be more options, so this may not even be an issue after all...we shall see.

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
i think in the next world privateers should have relentless since they only have repel boarders and all the other classes have more then one abilities.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
OMG!!! We should be able to craft our OWN GEAR!!! I have a bunch of ideas for that! Ok, so I got this idea from W101 seeing how they could craft their own treasure cards. I thought, hey! We should be able to craft gear on PIRATES!
So my idea is that you find ingredients out all over the spiral. Like, different pieces of metal. Iron, copper, bronze, and steel to make weapons, but we'll also need leather to make the handle. For example, for a large double handed sword you'd need- Iron + Iron + Iron + Leather.
And also if you want to give it a power you'd need any piece of gear with a power and use it to give whatever you're making a power, but it gets rid of the piece of clothing (or totem, charm, or ring.) But if the gear that you use to give it a power is only able to be used by a certain class, then the weapon gets that aspect of it as well. So if you use a "Privateer only" piece of gear then whatever you craft is only able to be used by Privateers. And then you have a large sword with a POWER!!!
You could also craft your own daggers, guns, staves, helmets, armor, leggings, or your own EYEPATCHES!!!
"Yar" if you agree!!! (I realize this is pretty far fetched but I so wish we could do that!)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:

For some reason the yar button isn't working on my computer or I would YAR this! I too would love to name my mounts. Swiftfeather ( my Aquilan Pegasus) and Groucho ( my Mighty Steed ) would appriciate it. I love your Paul Anka tribute, too, Valkoor!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on May 11, 2014 wrote:
For some reason the yar button isn't working on my computer or I would YAR this! I too would love to name my mounts. Swiftfeather ( my Aquilan Pegasus) and Groucho ( my Mighty Steed ) would appriciate it. I love your Paul Anka tribute, too, Valkoor!
Why thank you Experanza! Lol, I couldn't resist the Anka/Ankyla- I mean who could (that is for us who actually know and admire his greatness). I really like your names of "Swiftfeather and Groucho" as well. I sure would like the option to name our mounts and I would enjoy seeing what others have chosen for their trusty 'ride-ons'.

Oh, and I wonder about your Yar inability and if it is something support or Jack could help you with, or if it is just an issue with your browser and/or computer. Very interesting for sure.

Well, thanks again- maybe we will get our 'wish' and be able to give our mounts some great new names.

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
i think you should change the way you train pets even though its been a few hours for me since the update came to the live realm but who wants to wait 6 or 7 hours just to train your pet a little bit in. wizard101 they have games to train your pets and i think you should do that to maybe put a game with armada troopers in it.

Ensign
Aug 26, 2011
While I can understand making the game harder with your companions going on "bed rest". I am not understanding why it is so expensive to buy their health? In a way this is not fair because some players have been with the game since the beginning and we are used to walking up to the life fountain "bam" they are back, as good as new. I just think that reducing the expense to get the companion's health back would be a much better part of the new features and would make players want to stay on the game longer. I can not afford to give "Miracle Jim" $22,548.00 gold coins, because I have a big battle to enter. This would make me stop paying and look to pay a different game instead.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Ensign
Jan 18, 2010
Pirodjin on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
I would like to see Bundle items such as hoodoo bundle ship or the bundle gear etc able to be upgraded in game. Buying the next tier upgrade with gold or even crowns would allow us to use these neat items throughout our adventures. Instead of parking them in the gift window till we level up or worse yet claiming them early and finding them useless in a few days other than bank fodder or fluff parked at the random dock.

Thanks
Pirodjin
I like the idea. "purchase the bundl", in the future when there is an upgrade to the bundle with added tier, the upgraded wardrobe could be purchased through gold, it would be like having a grandfather clause. all other items should pop up ( only when the bundle is upgraded) as crown option. give us one more chance at additional items without having to buy the bundle over again. like they do with some of the throwback thursday iems.

Ensign
Jan 18, 2010
Paige Jackson on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
Maybe we could have some type of ship pvp. It'll be fun and different from the normal pvp, and the pet arena that's been out for at least a week now. (correct me if I'm wrong on that :P)

Here's how it'll work:
It'll be based on your ship level and stats. Like the kraken horn, Titan's wheel, etc.
You can also do a 4vs4 ship battle as well. (I don't know how that's going to work out XD)
And they'll be tokens to collect on the battlefield to boost up your ship. Examples: Ship damage taken, Boost your speed, boost your damage, etc, etc.
So much good ideas, I don't know where to start!
Or even ship races would be fun i think. who does not like car raceing games. (same concept) bumping off each other with speed boost around a corner. tiny explosions. or even team ship battling. Example. ships have the option of having a cannon like the one at the fire docks for your friend to use and take out enemy ships

Ensign
Jun 09, 2010
So we have Ratbeard. We have Catbeard. Where is Dogbeard? He would complete my trio of beards. We need one ASAP! Please! What is his story? Where did he come from? Why is he running?

Ensign
Jan 18, 2010
Izabelle757 on May 14, 2014 wrote:
While I can understand making the game harder with your companions going on "bed rest". I am not understanding why it is so expensive to buy their health? In a way this is not fair because some players have been with the game since the beginning and we are used to walking up to the life fountain "bam" they are back, as good as new. I just think that reducing the expense to get the companion's health back would be a much better part of the new features and would make players want to stay on the game longer. I can not afford to give "Miracle Jim" $22,548.00 gold coins, because I have a big battle to enter. This would make me stop paying and look to pay a different game instead.

Or KI could add rare floating Purple yum fruit. that could reduce healing times. Also we do not make enough gold to buy items, Transport by portal, pet morphing, and healing. If gold drops were increased would be nice. companions questing for gold is a wasted option in my opinion.

Ensign
Feb 10, 2013
I have an idea like when the next update when new worlds come out your class trainer becomes your companion and to train powers they should add another slot to the menu when you drag your mouse up that says new powers and yu can gain them from their and your trainers room ( example ) mordakai's buccaneers den can become your studio where yu can fight random enemies inside to practice and yu can choose the lvl and type of enemies :D

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
thefatcakeswingman on May 17, 2014 wrote:
I have an idea like when the next update when new worlds come out your class trainer becomes your companion and to train powers they should add another slot to the menu when you drag your mouse up that says new powers and yu can gain them from their and your trainers room ( example ) mordakai's buccaneers den can become your studio where yu can fight random enemies inside to practice and yu can choose the lvl and type of enemies :D
Hi Wing Man, welcome to the message boards.
Interesting idea although I doubt it could work with the trainers. Imagine having a trainer as first mate and running around with you while lower levels go into a room and, voila, there they are again. I do like the practice fights, a nice safe way to test out strategies where no one can get sent to bed rest.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Izabelle757 on May 14, 2014 wrote:

To qoute Ratbeard "Miracles don't come cheap" . Try using your other companions, when your faves are on 'bed rest'. Also, did you know you get FREE resets for your companions? Try giving them the 'scrapper' talent this will speed their recovery. BTW His name is Miracle Mitch - its an easter egg refering to The Princess Bride. Billy Crystal plays "Miracle Max" a wizard who revives 'a mostly dead ' hero.