Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay IV

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
DS Devereaux on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
(Oh, no! Here, I know how to get you back in...would it be okay if Alex began wandering afterwards?)

Warwick stretched his arms up, feeling some relief after a long rest.

"I'd love for you to come along," he said to Lizzy with a smile, "I may have a lead somewhere. Or not." Standing up, Warwick splashed more water on his face, starting to walk back into the small bear camp. Walking with Lizzy into Northguard, Warwick could have sworn that he recognized a figure walking over a distant bridge.

"Alex!" Warwick called out, "Alex, it's us! You're alright!" Approaching Alex, Warwick performed a quick and feathery heal upon Alex, smiling. "Glad to have you back." Warwick had taken a handful of Lizzy's berries with him and ate them as the group walked towards what looked like to be the equivalent of a tavern. Within minutes, Warwick caught himself from a rambling story about his Navy days.

"So, Alex," Warwick said, changing subjects, "How'd you turn up on Skull Island?"

(I love how all of our characters have gone through something major and terrifying. It draws them closer together, no?)
(It sounds just like her to wander around. XD)

Alex's anger had eased as she found the group. But a bit of resentment lingered, for reasons unknown. "Well, my parents, um, they... Died. They died in a terrible....Storm." There was a lot of lingering in Alex's words. "And it was on a zone not far from Skull Island, Waponi Wu. I wasn't there, but it was a wicked and terrible hurricane of sorts that took them. They were traders from Port Regal, where I grew up. But having no one to take me in anymore, I was told to change my lifestyle and take on a new life in Skull Island. I did as such, but it hurts me so much to take away from others as a pirate, so I took on a more mild, less dangerous livelihood as the alchemist of Skull Island. It's too lonely..." She sighed. (OOC: She's leaving out a couple important details...)

"Oh yes, have any of you seen Angel or Trinity? I heard them talking about vortexes earlier." The alchemist shrugged, and being the kind of person she was, was worried for the duo. Even though she shouldn't worry.

(I just remembered! Today (or yesterday by the time this goes up) is Emma's birthday, as I scheduled it. XD)

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Before I forget to tell you (I'm serious, I can really forget something like this) I wanna tell you guys something pretty cool that happened just an hour ago. My friend, her little sisters, her mom, my mom, and I all went out to our favorite pizza place and we all had a blast. A few of the topics, though, were related to this roleplay. Warning: I am about the launch into a long and boring monologue about my own personal experience, and you may immediately lose interest, but I think you might like it.

My friend's favorite book/series is Divergent (don't know how it's spelled, so I'm making my best guess), and in honor of the next movie coming out soon, my friend wrote on her wrist Four, the name of one of the characters. As a topic of interest and to create conversation, I asked her what Four was about, and she began to tell me. Shortly after she began to explain to me Four's personality, my eyes widened and I interrupted her (as politely as I could ).

"You remember how I told you about Pirate101?"

"Yeah."

"And the message boards?"

"Yes."

"And how I love to participate in roleplays?"

"Yep."

"Remember that one I told you about?"

"Sure do."

"With Warwick?"

*laugh* "Yes!"

"Four is exactly like Warwick!" I shook her shoulder and grinned, then launched into a lecture about Warwick's personality. She gave me playful shove now and then and laughed like a goof at certain things, and when I was done, she raised an eyebrow at me.

"And you're not making this up?"

I grinned at her. "Promise. What does Four look like?"

Turns out Warwick and Four have the same hairstyle, but the similarities in appearance end there.

My point in saying all of this is a question: Des, have you read Divergent?
OOC: I read Divergent at least a year and a half ago...but now that I think about it, there is a direct correlation between Warwick and Four! I actually hadn't noticed this one bit until you told me. >.>
I created Warwick to experiment with a grumpier character. In A Survivor's Word, Destiny tends to be upbeat and optimistic. For an upcoming project, I wanted to create a complex character like Warwick to occupy the main character's sanity while being comfortable with writing about those disguising fear as anger. I should get back into that series...thanks for sharing that!

And now, back to your regular scheduled programming...

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
(It sounds just like her to wander around. XD)

Alex's anger had eased as she found the group. But a bit of resentment lingered, for reasons unknown. "Well, my parents, um, they... Died. They died in a terrible....Storm." There was a lot of lingering in Alex's words. "And it was on a zone not far from Skull Island, Waponi Wu. I wasn't there, but it was a wicked and terrible hurricane of sorts that took them. They were traders from Port Regal, where I grew up. But having no one to take me in anymore, I was told to change my lifestyle and take on a new life in Skull Island. I did as such, but it hurts me so much to take away from others as a pirate, so I took on a more mild, less dangerous livelihood as the alchemist of Skull Island. It's too lonely..." She sighed. (OOC: She's leaving out a couple important details...)

"Oh yes, have any of you seen Angel or Trinity? I heard them talking about vortexes earlier." The alchemist shrugged, and being the kind of person she was, was worried for the duo. Even though she shouldn't worry.

(I just remembered! Today (or yesterday by the time this goes up) is Emma's birthday, as I scheduled it. XD)
Lizzy gazed out of the window, absorbed in her own personal thoughts. She was listening to all of the conversation going on around her with multitasking, but this wasn't the majority of her attention. When she heard about the storm, though, she came to full awareness of the small group and watched Alex's expression as she described what led her to Skull Island. Lizzy knew her friend was hiding something, but she respected her privacy and didn't ask. "Oh yes, have any of you seen Angel or Trinity? I heard them talking about vortexes earlier." Alex shrugged, but an expression of worry shadowed her face.

"Probably took a vortex back wherever they came from." Lizzy rested her hand on Alex's shoulder and smiled reassuringly to her. "They're fine, wherever they are."

Having done her part to participate in the conversation, Lizzy returned to gazing out the window and began to drum her fingers on the table in a complicated pattern, one that only repeated once every few minutes.

I wonder what happened to Connor. Is he okay?

Connor is the least of your worries. And, you heard Mom. You're better off without him and his brother.

Mom's usually right, but Connor is a person, just like I am. He has a story. He has history. He has reasons behind his actions. Is this so difficult to relate to?

Stop thinking about him. Like I said, Connor's the least of your worries. What about the wolf?

That's right. Lizzy sighed. Steinar is still out there.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Oct 28, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy gazed out of the window, absorbed in her own personal thoughts. She was listening to all of the conversation going on around her with multitasking, but this wasn't the majority of her attention. When she heard about the storm, though, she came to full awareness of the small group and watched Alex's expression as she described what led her to Skull Island. Lizzy knew her friend was hiding something, but she respected her privacy and didn't ask. "Oh yes, have any of you seen Angel or Trinity? I heard them talking about vortexes earlier." Alex shrugged, but an expression of worry shadowed her face.

"Probably took a vortex back wherever they came from." Lizzy rested her hand on Alex's shoulder and smiled reassuringly to her. "They're fine, wherever they are."

Having done her part to participate in the conversation, Lizzy returned to gazing out the window and began to drum her fingers on the table in a complicated pattern, one that only repeated once every few minutes.

I wonder what happened to Connor. Is he okay?

Connor is the least of your worries. And, you heard Mom. You're better off without him and his brother.

Mom's usually right, but Connor is a person, just like I am. He has a story. He has history. He has reasons behind his actions. Is this so difficult to relate to?

Stop thinking about him. Like I said, Connor's the least of your worries. What about the wolf?

That's right. Lizzy sighed. Steinar is still out there.
Connor who had happened to find the small group, and almost called out, was stopped, a shadow, and a person, catching his eye. His eyes darted to the location of the shadow, but the person was gone.

Had I imagined it? Connor thought.

No. That was most definitely Sean.

But....That's impossible! Sean left for Wintertusk!

Well....What do you think Sean is after?

No. No way. He can't be after that.

Maybe he is. You know the code of the Peacock Master.

......Why do you call him that? His name is Hank.

Whatever. But even you will obey the code.

You'd best hurry to Wintertusk, for if Sean discovers it and uses it on the Armada.....Things will get ugly.

Side with Warwick and Lizzy. Help them, and I'm sure they'll help you stop Sean.

But that's the least of my worries.......

Connor shook his head of his terrible thoughts. He had to work with Warwick and Lizzy. But they didn't trust him. I'll have to wait. Connor thought. He set an almost complete white windstone out in the open, hoping Lizzy, Warwick, or that stranger Alex would come across it. Connor barrel rolled to the cover of rocks, so he wouldn't be seen by Warwick or Lizzy.

I'll wait. Connor thought. I'll follow them to Wintertusk. When the time is right, I'll make my next move.

OOC: Uh-oh. Things are gonna get ugly pretty soon, I've got that feeling.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Thunder Hawk on Oct 30, 2013 wrote:
Connor who had happened to find the small group, and almost called out, was stopped, a shadow, and a person, catching his eye. His eyes darted to the location of the shadow, but the person was gone.

Had I imagined it? Connor thought.

No. That was most definitely Sean.

But....That's impossible! Sean left for Wintertusk!

Well....What do you think Sean is after?

No. No way. He can't be after that.

Maybe he is. You know the code of the Peacock Master.

......Why do you call him that? His name is Hank.

Whatever. But even you will obey the code.

You'd best hurry to Wintertusk, for if Sean discovers it and uses it on the Armada.....Things will get ugly.

Side with Warwick and Lizzy. Help them, and I'm sure they'll help you stop Sean.

But that's the least of my worries.......

Connor shook his head of his terrible thoughts. He had to work with Warwick and Lizzy. But they didn't trust him. I'll have to wait. Connor thought. He set an almost complete white windstone out in the open, hoping Lizzy, Warwick, or that stranger Alex would come across it. Connor barrel rolled to the cover of rocks, so he wouldn't be seen by Warwick or Lizzy.

I'll wait. Connor thought. I'll follow them to Wintertusk. When the time is right, I'll make my next move.

OOC: Uh-oh. Things are gonna get ugly pretty soon, I've got that feeling.
Lizzy's eyes widened, and she rubbed them to make sure that she had seen things correctly. She thought she had seen Connor, and sure enough, right where he was standing just a moment before was a clear white windstone. Lizzy jerked her head downward and glared at her salad as if it was the salad's fault that she had seen Connor, and quickly ate, wondering if she had been seeing things because of lack of food. She guzzled down some mountain water and set the glass down on the table, interrupting any conversation the small group may have been having, and stood up, marching away without another word.

She strode out of the tavern and walked over to the white windstone by the rocks and picked it up. Lizzy examined all of the spirals and swirls, how magnificent and magical the rock was. Her eyes widened as her memory sparked, and after fumbling around a little with her pouch, she pulled out the single shard of white windstone that Connor had given her back in Skull Island. She held up the almost whole windstone to the small shard of one, and Lizzy saw that it was a perfect fit. She hesitated for a little bit, gazing at both of the pieces, but pushed away all of her doubt at the same time she pushed the pieces together. With a flash of white light the windstone became whole, and the force of the power knocked Lizzy off of her feet and sprawling away to a ledge near the river. Lizzy gasped for breath and shot into a sitting position so that her head no longer laid over the edge, and the momentary shock had made her slip into her aura vision.

Something in that form of vision surprised her, though. Lizzy stepped in and out of aura vision and gazed in the direction of the rocks. In her aura vision, Lizzy saw an aura with traced of gold just behind the rock. She sighed and picked up the white windstone next to her. "I know you're here, Connor. No need to worry, I'm alone. You can come out if you wish."

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Oct 30, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy's eyes widened, and she rubbed them to make sure that she had seen things correctly. She thought she had seen Connor, and sure enough, right where he was standing just a moment before was a clear white windstone. Lizzy jerked her head downward and glared at her salad as if it was the salad's fault that she had seen Connor, and quickly ate, wondering if she had been seeing things because of lack of food. She guzzled down some mountain water and set the glass down on the table, interrupting any conversation the small group may have been having, and stood up, marching away without another word.

She strode out of the tavern and walked over to the white windstone by the rocks and picked it up. Lizzy examined all of the spirals and swirls, how magnificent and magical the rock was. Her eyes widened as her memory sparked, and after fumbling around a little with her pouch, she pulled out the single shard of white windstone that Connor had given her back in Skull Island. She held up the almost whole windstone to the small shard of one, and Lizzy saw that it was a perfect fit. She hesitated for a little bit, gazing at both of the pieces, but pushed away all of her doubt at the same time she pushed the pieces together. With a flash of white light the windstone became whole, and the force of the power knocked Lizzy off of her feet and sprawling away to a ledge near the river. Lizzy gasped for breath and shot into a sitting position so that her head no longer laid over the edge, and the momentary shock had made her slip into her aura vision.

Something in that form of vision surprised her, though. Lizzy stepped in and out of aura vision and gazed in the direction of the rocks. In her aura vision, Lizzy saw an aura with traced of gold just behind the rock. She sighed and picked up the white windstone next to her. "I know you're here, Connor. No need to worry, I'm alone. You can come out if you wish."
(I've been SO busy!)

Warwick could tell that Alex was hiding something, just based on how she presented her words. Before he could nudge Lizzy, she had disappeared.

Guess it's up to me, then, Warwick mentally decided. He turned back to Alex.

"Listen," he sighed, "I know you're hiding something about your past, and it would probably be for the better for all of us if you could be at peace with..." Warwick swallowed a thought of his own, "...with your past. So, I'm wondering, why does it hurt you to steal?"

Warwick quickly remembered his own past. It was on the Armada galleon, some many months before - He was trapped in a cell, clinging to the bars as the ship swayed. A clockwork stood watch outside of his cell, a bronze key dangling from a hook on its armor. Warwick, within hours, had betrayed his soldier's code and snatched the key, pocketing it before the clockwork noticed. Once his rescuers arrived, Warwick was leaning against the wall outside, dangling the key from his fingertips. Nonetheless, it was an easy escape.

Since then, Warwick's ethical code had changed, especially once he had been discharged. For the period of time in between Warwick's arrival on Skull Island and his denial of Avery's help in finding his parents, Warwick had taken to stealing like a professional, knowing how to gauge target actions from his experience in Marleybone. He understood the controversy inside, and knowing that Alex felt the same made him wonder.

(I love making Warwick push buttons.)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Oct 30, 2013 wrote:
(I've been SO busy!)

Warwick could tell that Alex was hiding something, just based on how she presented her words. Before he could nudge Lizzy, she had disappeared.

"Listen," he sighed, "I know you're hiding something about your past, and it would probably be for the better for all of us if you could be at peace with..." Warwick swallowed a thought of his own, "...with your past. So, I'm wondering, why does it hurt you to steal?"

Warwick quickly remembered his own past. It was on the Armada galleon, some many months before - He was trapped in a cell, clinging to the bars as the ship swayed. A clockwork stood watch outside of his cell, a bronze key dangling from a hook on its armor. Warwick, within hours, had betrayed his soldier's code and snatched the key, pocketing it before the clockwork noticed. Once his rescuers arrived, Warwick was leaning against the wall outside, dangling the key from his fingertips. Nonetheless, it was an easy escape.

Since then, Warwick's ethical code had changed, especially once he had been discharged. For the period of time in between Warwick's arrival on Skull Island and his denial of Avery's help in finding his parents, Warwick had taken to stealing like a professional, knowing how to gauge target actions from his experience in Marleybone. He understood the controversy inside, and knowing that Alex felt the same made him wonder.

OOC: Dealing with a few health issues right now (a cold, a major headache, and overall allergies to name a few of them) and I wanted to let you guys know this, in case it effected my writing.

~

The blonde waited patiently for Connor to react, but when he never showed himself, she stood back up and trudged over to the tavern, where Warwick and Alex were. After pocketing the windstone, she slid into her chair next to Warwick, deciding not to tell them about Connor unless they asked, and noticed the uncomfortable expression on Alex's face while Warwick's had a look of interest.

She pretty face palmed right there. He had just asked Alex a personal question, one that was of no need to ask. She shot Warwick a look, knowing that Alex was a little sensitive (as is everyone, when it comes to unexplained reasons) and stood up once more, leading him away from the table and out of earshot. "Excuse us for just a moment..."

"Warwick," Lizzy said sternly, concern on her face for both of her friends, "you know you can ask me anything. Other people aren't like that, sometimes they may just have a personal reason for things." She paused, letting her words sink in. During this brief period of time, she looked into Warwick's eyes, stunned as always by the color and the intensity of his gaze. He may try to hide his emotions at times, but he was so... so...

Deep. Lizzy thought.

It was almost unbelievable, the things this captain had experienced. She couldn't see right into his memories, but she could see one emotion that was loud and clear, and easy to see of his past. Pain.

Lizzy snapped herself out of these thoughts and continued. "Right, then." She turned to go back to the table, but turned around once more to look to Warwick again, resting her hand on his arm. "Just try and be a little more careful, next time you ask someone something personal." Lizzy nodded, smiling demurely, then fluttered back over to the table, quickly eating some more of her salad before she could say anything that might concern either of her friends.

She shook her head as she shook her thoughts of Warwick's appearance and history from her mind, instead thinking about Connor, his brother, the wolf, and the white windstone that she held in her pocket. Lizzy bit her lip, not really wanting to keep Connor and the windstone a secret, but just thinking it was a bad time to bring it up.

The windstone seemed to grow uncomfortably hot in her pocket.

~

OOC: It's quite fun to see Warwick push buttons, he definitely surprises me at times, and I enjoy showing Lizzy's reaction, a little passive through it all, understanding and considerate to both Warwick and whoever's buttons he's pushing at that moment. I truly do love Warwick's character -- he's so detailed, and, as Lizzy said, deep, and I feel he's truly one of the most complicated people I've ever read about. You're doing an absolutely fantastic job with him. Bravo, Des!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
(I've been SO busy!)

OOC: Ran out of characters in my last post, so I'll be writing a new one.

I recently started a new roleplay thread (Roleplay -- Costume Party!), and in the first post of it that I wrote, she dances the Waltz by herself (foreshadowing -- hopefully!). She needs a partner, would Warwick be available at that time? Also, it might be a great opportunity to explore his awkward side. I think it might be fun to have Lizzy and Warwick in the same roleplay again, also it would be good practice for you if your character bumped into another one that was important to him (he trusts her -- that's big as far as Warwick goes, right? right?). It'll be good writing practice for the both of us. I do hope you join the thread, although I understand if you don't. Who knows? You could use Destiny or any other character of yours if you wanted to. XD I think it would be a little fun for Destiny and Lizzy to meet. From what I've read of Destiny in A Survivor's Word, the two might not get along in difficult situations, something that I feel would add humor to and deepen the story.

Okay, going to stop trying to sell it now.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Ran out of characters in my last post, so I'll be writing a new one.

I recently started a new roleplay thread (Roleplay -- Costume Party!), and in the first post of it that I wrote, she dances the Waltz by herself (foreshadowing -- hopefully!). She needs a partner, would Warwick be available at that time? Also, it might be a great opportunity to explore his awkward side. I think it might be fun to have Lizzy and Warwick in the same roleplay again, also it would be good practice for you if your character bumped into another one that was important to him (he trusts her -- that's big as far as Warwick goes, right? right?). It'll be good writing practice for the both of us. I do hope you join the thread, although I understand if you don't. Who knows? You could use Destiny or any other character of yours if you wanted to. XD I think it would be a little fun for Destiny and Lizzy to meet. From what I've read of Destiny in A Survivor's Word, the two might not get along in difficult situations, something that I feel would add humor to and deepen the story.

Okay, going to stop trying to sell it now.
(I'll see what I can do, as Warwick might as well have a free moment at that time... Giving Emma a chance to post.)

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
(I've been SO busy!)

Alex clenched her fists and grimaced. "As for that, my reason why I don't steal is confidential. Watch how personal you get, Orleans. My history deserves to be forgotten, and I don't want to talk about it." The alchemist was obviously not all too happy, judging by her facial expression, body language and darkened tone of voice in her vengeful words. "Unlike most other pirates, for the record, I didn't make the idiotic mistake of allowing myself to be imprisoned by clockworks." Okay, now she was just being cruel. (OOC: No offense to anyone whose character was captured by the Armada, Alex is just sensitive about that.)

A sudden crash rang out from outside, and a triumphant, familiar voice sounded in a chorus of: "I HAVE FOUND THE HUMAAAAAAAAAANS!" Trinity got to her feet, and despite some of her outfit being slightly blackened and singed with ash, she seemed not to mind, and she glanced in the window. She waved and saluted the trio she and Angel had lost track of. "Sorry, the vortexes were failed."

"And what was all the -cough- nonsense you were on about?" Angel coughed as she followed Trinity. She mouthed 'loony' and pointed to Trinity, who did not notice.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
Alex clenched her fists and grimaced. "As for that, my reason why I don't steal is confidential. Watch how personal you get, Orleans. My history deserves to be forgotten, and I don't want to talk about it." The alchemist was obviously not all too happy, judging by her facial expression, body language and darkened tone of voice in her vengeful words. "Unlike most other pirates, for the record, I didn't make the idiotic mistake of allowing myself to be imprisoned by clockworks." Okay, now she was just being cruel. (OOC: No offense to anyone whose character was captured by the Armada, Alex is just sensitive about that.)

A sudden crash rang out from outside, and a triumphant, familiar voice sounded in a chorus of: "I HAVE FOUND THE HUMAAAAAAAAAANS!" Trinity got to her feet, and despite some of her outfit being slightly blackened and singed with ash, she seemed not to mind, and she glanced in the window. She waved and saluted the trio she and Angel had lost track of. "Sorry, the vortexes were failed."

"And what was all the -cough- nonsense you were on about?" Angel coughed as she followed Trinity. She mouthed 'loony' and pointed to Trinity, who did not notice.
OOC: As the writer, none taken, but as Lizzy... not so much.
~
"Unlike most other pirates, for the record, I didn't make the idiotic mistake of allowing myself to be imprisoned by the clockworks." Alex fired this to Warwick, though Lizzy took the insult personally, breathing in sharply and biting her lip.

She's just a little flustered. The other voice in her mind assured, Alex is stressed, don't blame her for what she says.

This may be true, Lizzy replied in her own voice, but that remark hit just a little bit too close to home.

Lizzy nearly leaped right out of her boots when Trinity came crashing in, announcing to the entire Spiral that she had found the humans... as if she wasn't human. Lizzy shook her head, a confused expression on her face along with a hurt one, though she ignored her own emotions and stood up, greeted the pair of friends, then spoke, taking control of the situation as best as she could.

She took out the white windstone. "The windstone was almost completely whole, laying on a rock just outside." Without looking up, Lizzy pointed with her weak-looking left arm in the direction of where she had found the windstone. "I used the piece that Connor had given me from back in Skull Island and fit it into the other pieces, and now it has its full magical properties." She paused, letting her words sink in and allowing the others to ponder this for a moment. "It leads to Wintertusk, I'm sure of it. I don't know why, but Sean and Connor are going there, and we should follow them to make sure that they don't hurt any of the locals or wildlife there." Lizzy turned to Warwick and Alex. "We should leave as soon as possible," she turned back to Angel and Trinity, "and we could use all of the help that we could get. Would you help us, Trinity? Angel?"

Look at you, said the other voice, you're turning into a real leader.

I'm not a leader, Lizzy insisted, I'm just another part of the team, nothing more.

If you say so. You're nothing less, either, and don't let yourself forget that.

Lizzy's eyelids suddenly felt really heavy. It had been a long day. "We should rest up, first, before we go. Our next little adventure could be rather... exciting, to put it nicely." She glanced back up to Trinity and Angel after examining the windstone. "Will you join us?"

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Nov 4, 2013 wrote:
~
"Unlike most other pirates, for the record, I didn't make the idiotic mistake of allowing myself to be imprisoned by the clockworks." Alex fired this to Warwick, though Lizzy took the insult personally, breathing in sharply and biting her lip.

She's just a little flustered. The other voice in her mind assured, Alex is stressed, don't blame her for what she says.

This may be true, Lizzy replied in her own voice, but that remark hit just a little bit too close to home.

Lizzy nearly leaped right out of her boots when Trinity came crashing in, announcing to the entire Spiral that she had found the humans... as if she wasn't human. Lizzy shook her head, a confused expression on her face along with a hurt one, though she ignored her own emotions and stood up, greeted the pair of friends, then spoke, taking control of the situation as best as she could.

She took out the white windstone. "The windstone was almost completely whole, laying on a rock just outside." Without looking up, Lizzy pointed with her weak-looking left arm in the direction of where she had found the windstone. "I used the piece that Connor had given me from back in Skull Island and fit it into the other pieces, and now it has its full magical properties." She paused, letting her words sink in and allowing the others to ponder this for a moment. "It leads to Wintertusk, I'm sure of it. I don't know why, but Sean and Connor are going there, and we should follow them to make sure that they don't hurt any of the locals or wildlife there." Lizzy turned to Warwick and Alex. "We should leave as soon as possible," she turned back to Angel and Trinity, "and we could use all of the help that we could get. Would you help us, Trinity? Angel?"

I'm not a leader, Lizzy insisted, I'm just another part of the team, nothing more.

Lizzy's eyelids suddenly felt really heavy. It had been a long day. "We should rest up, first, before we go. Our next little adventure could be rather... exciting, to put it nicely." She glanced back up to Trinity and Angel after examining the windstone. "Will you join us?"
OOC: Alex is sort of lying through her teeth right now, actually. Albeit the fact that she is not a target of the Armada, she's had various encounters with them and she's scared out of her mind about them. And about that one thing... She's sort of jealous about the relationship Lizzy and Warwick seem to have, as she feels ignored and disliked.

Alex shifted her position at Lizzy's hurt expression, seeming to be a conflict between reasoning the positive side of the alchemist's own harsh words and the negative side of it. She grimaced a little, violet eyes flaring in the coalescent product of despair, anger, and regret- envy. Two voices of her own resonated within her mind, and neither seemed all too positive. A skirmish between herself, anger, and what's right. Despite Lizzy attempting to change the subject, Alex couldn't release the thought from her mind- she hurt her.

You're the only idiot here, Alex, one voice challenged, a venomous and hollow one, yet it was resonant in her mind. You hurt her. No wonder she likes Warwick more.

Now now, the other voice, more angelic and ginger, bitter sweetly ordered. You're just angry. Pacify that a little bit, and apologize. You did her wrong, and you owe her at the very least an apology.

But Lizzy did indeed ditch you for the grumpy whatever-class-he-is. You do have a right to be mad!

She doesn't. Let Alex resolve this-

Let her get vengeance!

Resolve.

Revenge.

Resolve.

Revenge.

The words blurred together, and the alchemist felt a bead of glassy liquid forming at the corner of her eyelid- a tear. She blinked to rid herself of it. She had hurt Lizzy's feelings, obviously, but Lizzy and Warwick had left her behind in a place she didn't recognize. Alex grimaced again- what was she supposed to do?

"Well heck yea!" Trinity, ignoring Alex's silence, roared in an overly exclamatory way. "Exciting is fun! And fun is... Well... Fun!" The white haired, non-human's teal eyes glimmered with excitement and a sense of confusion as well. She shrugged sheepishly before turning to Angel with a played adorable glance, her turquoise eyes pleading for the privateer to agree.

"...Fine." Angel moaned, obviously quite aggravated with Trinity. Of course, if she had denied Trinity's 'please face', it would be reduced to the 'incinerating strategy'.

(Hey Lizzy, I'm sure I've said so before, but Trinity is anything BUT human, and it's no secret. XD)

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Nov 4, 2013 wrote:
~

"I never allowed myself to be captured by the foolish Armada!" Warwick growled, "I was pulled from my own ship, letting my first mate run free." Warwick's face turned from one of anger to self-centeredness, "And on that note, I escaped. Furthermore, I --" Warwick cringed at Trinity's exclamation, heart speeding suddenly. He changed his focus to the excitement surrounding the entrance.

"Yes, rest does sound like a good idea," Warwick said, reaching into one of his drawstrings for coins, "I can probably pay the fare for tonight. Sound like a plan?" Warwick put the bag on the table, taking a sum for himself, "Divide this however you like; I'll get a head start on the sleep." Saluting to the pirates, Warwick paid his way into a room and settled down, hanging his helmet on a peg and laying the armor on the floor. Underneath, he still looked like a day-to-day Marleybonian. He laughed a little, then crashing on the threadbare mattress in the center of the room, asleep within the minute.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:
"I never allowed myself to be captured by the foolish Armada!" Warwick growled, "I was pulled from my own ship, letting my first mate run free." Warwick's face turned from one of anger to self-centeredness, "And on that note, I escaped. Furthermore, I --" Warwick cringed at Trinity's exclamation, heart speeding suddenly. He changed his focus to the excitement surrounding the entrance.

"Yes, rest does sound like a good idea," Warwick said, reaching into one of his drawstrings for coins, "I can probably pay the fare for tonight. Sound like a plan?" Warwick put the bag on the table, taking a sum for himself, "Divide this however you like; I'll get a head start on the sleep." Saluting to the pirates, Warwick paid his way into a room and settled down, hanging his helmet on a peg and laying the armor on the floor. Underneath, he still looked like a day-to-day Marleybonian. He laughed a little, then crashing on the threadbare mattress in the center of the room, asleep within the minute.
OOC to Emma: You seem to describe Angel and Trinity in such a way that they seem human (a little crazy, yes, but human all the same as far as appearance goes), and it's because of this that my characters think that Trinity is a little... eh... delusional, and that Angel is humoring her. They do seem to have a different kind of magic, but my characters (based off of how you describe your characters appearance) don't believe that Trinity or Angel is an alien. XD Trinity's going to have to do a little more than call Warwick, Alex, and Lizzy 'humans' to prove that she's not, at least in Lizzy's mind. By the way, superb job in describing Alex's emotions. That was so real, I could feel all of her emotions as well and I felt absolutely awful for Alex, a desired effect when a character is going through some inner conflict. Excellent job, Emma!
~
Lizzy flinched from Warwick's sudden outburst. She wished she could calm him down in some way, but before she could, Trinity came in. Lizzy then made her request for help from the two of them, curious by Alex's silence but deciding not to divulge in it.

She stared at the bag of coins on the table, lost in the wild sea of her own thoughts. Lizzy gently declined Warwick's offer of pay for the night, and instead trudged to the door, the white windstone still in her hand. She turned around and politely nodded to the three girls still standing there. "Goodnight, guys. Sleep well." Lizzy walked out the door and into the crisp night air.

Night had fallen, and Grizzleheim was every bit as beautiful as it had been in broad daylight. The clouds above dragged by lazily, throwing the world into shadow and light whenever it passed by the moon, completely oblivious to the problems that the creatures below had to deal with. The river nearby seemed to cast a wonderful blue glow, illuminating the things inside and lighting the path for those walking by. Lizzy walked at the edge of the riverbank, carefully picking up and placing her feet on the damp black stones so as not to lose her footing. Fish swam by, every bit as oblivious as the clouds above, and Lizzy gazed at it all, her thoughts leaving her mind as if they were washing away down the stream.

Lizzy leaped onto a nearby tree and quickly scrambled up it with practiced movements, quickly coming to rest on one of the highest branches, one that could support her weight but none others, something that she had taken care to do in case a stray wolf or grendle witchdoctor decided that she looked like a tasty morsel... she shivered at the thought.

She rested her hands under her head and crossed her legs after she had laid down, and Lizzy stared at the moon, unable to sleep. So many things kept her up it seemed like she wouldn't be able to sleep at all for the night -- thinking about her friends, the newcomers, Connor, Sean, the wolf... spiders... and the fear of nightmares. Lizzy knew she couldn't go to sleep without experiencing a nightmare, thus she laid awake the entire night.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Nov 7, 2013 wrote:
OOC to Emma: You seem to describe Angel and Trinity in such a way that they seem human (a little crazy, yes, but human all the same as far as appearance goes), and it's because of this that my characters think that Trinity is a little... eh... delusional, and that Angel is humoring her. They do seem to have a different kind of magic, but my characters (based off of how you describe your characters appearance) don't believe that Trinity or Angel is an alien. XD Trinity's going to have to do a little more than call Warwick, Alex, and Lizzy 'humans' to prove that she's not, at least in Lizzy's mind. By the way, superb job in describing Alex's emotions. That was so real, I could feel all of her emotions as well and I felt absolutely awful for Alex, a desired effect when a character is going through some inner conflict. Excellent job, Emma!
~
Lizzy flinched from Warwick's sudden outburst. She wished she could calm him down in some way, but before she could, Trinity came in. Lizzy then made her request for help from the two of them, curious by Alex's silence but deciding not to divulge in it.

She stared at the bag of coins on the table, lost in the wild sea of her own thoughts. Lizzy gently declined Warwick's offer of pay for the night, and instead trudged to the door, the white windstone still in her hand. She turned around and politely nodded to the three girls still standing there. "Goodnight, guys. Sleep well." Lizzy walked out the door and into the crisp night air.

Night had fallen, and Grizzleheim was every bit as beautiful as it had been in broad daylight. The clouds above dragged by lazily, throwing the world into shadow and light whenever it passed by the moon, completely oblivious to the problems that the creatures below had to deal with. The river nearby seemed to cast a wonderful blue glow, illuminating the things inside and lighting the path for those walking by. Lizzy walked at the edge of the riverbank, carefully picking up and placing her feet on the damp black stones so as not to lose her footing. Fish swam by, every bit as oblivious as the clouds above, and Lizzy gazed at it all, her thoughts leaving her mind as if they were washing away down the stream.

Lizzy leaped onto a nearby tree and quickly scrambled up it with practiced movements, quickly coming to rest on one of the highest branches, one that could support her weight but none others, something that she had taken care to do in case a stray wolf or grendle witchdoctor decided that she looked like a tasty morsel... she shivered at the thought.

She rested her hands under her head and crossed her legs after she had laid down, and Lizzy stared at the moon, unable to sleep. So many things kept her up it seemed like she wouldn't be able to sleep at all for the night -- thinking about her friends, the newcomers, Connor, Sean, the wolf... spiders... and the fear of nightmares. Lizzy knew she couldn't go to sleep without experiencing a nightmare, thus she laid awake the entire night.
Morning struck Warwick like a staffy weapon to the side. He rolled over, blinking sleep away as he stood and got back into his armor. Doesn't hurt to be protected, he figured, walking through the quiet morning tavern and slipping into the open. The air was crisp and cool, making way for some comfort in the captain as he approached a raging cascade falling into the air itself. He knelt at the cliff, watching the water in marvel. As a skybound wind from the east blew Warwick's hair forward, he stood, raising his arms.
-
"They call them...Sun Stretches, I believe," Warwick's general summarized, "Learned of their teachings somewhere around Mooshu. Me," and they both had to chuckle at this, "My arms are just too short for that sort of thing. I'm meant to fence."
-
As Warwick raised himself into a hand-stand of sorts, he remembered how soothing the stretches looked to be, according to the general. He dropped, stretching his legs, and then his arms. He never thought something so quiet could be so relaxing, next to sleep. Returning to sit with his legs dangling over the edge, Warwick was too marveled by the water to hear the paw-steps of a wolf.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Nov 9, 2013 wrote:
Morning struck Warwick like a staffy weapon to the side. He rolled over, blinking sleep away as he stood and got back into his armor. Doesn't hurt to be protected, he figured, walking through the quiet morning tavern and slipping into the open. The air was crisp and cool, making way for some comfort in the captain as he approached a raging cascade falling into the air itself. He knelt at the cliff, watching the water in marvel. As a skybound wind from the east blew Warwick's hair forward, he stood, raising his arms.
-
"They call them...Sun Stretches, I believe," Warwick's general summarized, "Learned of their teachings somewhere around Mooshu. Me," and they both had to chuckle at this, "My arms are just too short for that sort of thing. I'm meant to fence."
-
As Warwick raised himself into a hand-stand of sorts, he remembered how soothing the stretches looked to be, according to the general. He dropped, stretching his legs, and then his arms. He never thought something so quiet could be so relaxing, next to sleep. Returning to sit with his legs dangling over the edge, Warwick was too marveled by the water to hear the paw-steps of a wolf.
OOC: Going to backtrack a little...
~
Dawn was approaching, and Lizzy turned to see the horizon turn pink. She stood up and stretched her arms, shook the tiredness out of her legs, then she dropped from one of the highest branches of the tree. Lizzy caught the branches below with her hands and arms and scrambled down the tree as easily as if they were vertical monkey bars. She back-flipped when she let go of the final branch and landed on the ground, arms raised and an expression of pleasure on her face, hardly breathing heavily at all.

Ahead of her was the bridge connecting Northguard to Mirkholm Keep and Savarstaad Pass, and next to that was the usual spot of a fisherbear, Haareck SilverScale. Further to the left was a boulder taller than Lizzy, and she scrambled onto it, gazing down at the glowing blue water a good twenty-five feet below her. She looked upward slightly and gazed at the ground on the other side, and she crouched on the boulder, preparing to jump. She took in a deep breath, blew it out through her mouth, and leaped.

The girl almost flew over the gap, and just ahead of her was the ground that she was intent on landing upon. Lizzy leaned forward to land in a tuck-and-roll, and sprang back up after she had landed, getting her heart pumping and making her less fatigued. She took in a few deep breaths to calm herself down a little, then trudged down the pathway and to the docks, where the Golden Gryphon was still anchored. Lizzy faltered when she saw a boy with curly brown hair orchestrating some trumpet vines. She gawped and rubbed her eyes, but he was still there. The wizard boy looked upward from his sheets of music and gave her a cheery wave, then continued producing some wonderful sounds of Wintertusk.

She shook her head, waved back, then trudged down the docks and turned to the left to walk under the large waterfall. Lizzy sat down on top of a large mushroom that she deemed safe to eat, and munched on an early breakfast silently as she gazed at the waterfall.

Lizzy didn't know what made her look, why she felt the need to, but she turned her head and saw some large doors guarded by a bear clad in brown armor. Her memory sparked, and she saw a little girl, no more than six years old, giggle and throw herself into the magic-filled place, purely to have fun inside a maze. She had a great time and made it to both ends without getting lost or coming across unfriendly grendles, and since then that's been one of her favorite places of Grizzleheim.

Her thoughts were interrupted, though, when she saw boots swing down out of her peripheral vision, and she recognized them to be Warwick's boots. She stood up and trudged back up the incline to greet him, waved to the wizard boy again, but froze upon seeing a wolf creep up behind her friend.

"Warwick!!!" Lizzy yelled, knowing that she wouldn't be able to reach the two in time, but she sprinted as fast as she could all the same.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Nov 7, 2013 wrote:
~

OOC: Then I'm doing my job well. Trinity is meant to appear like a human and remain in the usual bounds of one, but her personality outstretches in filaments to her crazy points. She is trying her best (not much) to behave like a human, but it's hard for her to deal with the DIRs and act like the same person all in one. She's battling her insecurity. Angel is there to clear up Trinity's odd behaviors. And Trinity has been given the disguise of an "average" human by her leaders. Angel is completely human, though. As for the thing with Alex, thank you. She can tell Lizzy likes Warwick much more than her, and it's tearing her apart, considering Lizzy is her only real friend.

Alex's emotional war continued to haunt her as she followed the group outside. The voices wouldn't stop- they couldn't come to an agreement at all, and she was lost in the two voices battling for victory within her tangled mind. Despite the other things happening in reality, Alex could barely focus. She strode somberly over to an area on the main island that was as far from the others as she decided to be, and she laid down close to the edge, as if willing herself to fall and be forgotten by Lizzy and Warwick. In liberation from the invisible restrictions back with the group, Alex finally felt comfortable in an action she'd been wanting to do since she came back- cry her heart out.

Angel came out the door in a polite manner, whilst Trinity took a ray gun and incinerated the door, walking out as if it were normal to. Angel glared at the white-haired alien in disguise, who sheepishly grinned in return. The privateer sighed wordlessly as she continued over for a good night's sleep. Trinity hesitated, however.

"Angel, can I sleep in alien mode? Please?" Trinity asked sharply and quietly. "I normally do and if everyone else is asleep they won't know!"

"But the Midgets you call your leaders said-"

"I don't care! I look just like a transparent, green hued cat with an unusual tail and big black alien eyes!"

"Fine! Now let me sleep!" Angel hissed as she laid down for sleep on the grass. Trinity sighed and pressed a button on her titanium bracelet- and a quick flash of light appeared over the girl. She shortened to about more than half her height, and her teal eyes enlarged to a bigger size, and the teal in her eyes was in a gradient of light teal to black from inside to outside. She looked much like a hairless cat, with a translucent color with green surrounding certain places like her tail, which was more like a tentacle. Oh, and lets not forgot her maniacal grin.

"Goodnight, humans." Trinity whispered as she curled up, hidden by the bushes.

OOC: This good enough, Lizzy? :P

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Going to backtrack a little...
~
Dawn was approaching, and Lizzy turned to see the horizon turn pink. She stood up and stretched her arms, shook the tiredness out of her legs, then she dropped from one of the highest branches of the tree. Lizzy caught the branches below with her hands and arms and scrambled down the tree as easily as if they were vertical monkey bars. She back-flipped when she let go of the final branch and landed on the ground, arms raised and an expression of pleasure on her face, hardly breathing heavily at all.

Ahead of her was the bridge connecting Northguard to Mirkholm Keep and Savarstaad Pass, and next to that was the usual spot of a fisherbear, Haareck SilverScale. Further to the left was a boulder taller than Lizzy, and she scrambled onto it, gazing down at the glowing blue water a good twenty-five feet below her. She looked upward slightly and gazed at the ground on the other side, and she crouched on the boulder, preparing to jump. She took in a deep breath, blew it out through her mouth, and leaped.

The girl almost flew over the gap, and just ahead of her was the ground that she was intent on landing upon. Lizzy leaned forward to land in a tuck-and-roll, and sprang back up after she had landed, getting her heart pumping and making her less fatigued. She took in a few deep breaths to calm herself down a little, then trudged down the pathway and to the docks, where the Golden Gryphon was still anchored. Lizzy faltered when she saw a boy with curly brown hair orchestrating some trumpet vines. She gawped and rubbed her eyes, but he was still there. The wizard boy looked upward from his sheets of music and gave her a cheery wave, then continued producing some wonderful sounds of Wintertusk.

She shook her head, waved back, then trudged down the docks and turned to the left to walk under the large waterfall. Lizzy sat down on top of a large mushroom that she deemed safe to eat, and munched on an early breakfast silently as she gazed at the waterfall.

Lizzy didn't know what made her look, why she felt the need to, but she turned her head and saw some large doors guarded by a bear clad in brown armor. Her memory sparked, and she saw a little girl, no more than six years old, giggle and throw herself into the magic-filled place, purely to have fun inside a maze. She had a great time and made it to both ends without getting lost or coming across unfriendly grendles, and since then that's been one of her favorite places of Grizzleheim.

Her thoughts were interrupted, though, when she saw boots swing down out of her peripheral vision, and she recognized them to be Warwick's boots. She stood up and trudged back up the incline to greet him, waved to the wizard boy again, but froze upon seeing a wolf creep up behind her friend.

"Warwick!!!" Lizzy yelled, knowing that she wouldn't be able to reach the two in time, but she sprinted as fast as she could all the same.
(Sorry if my posts are short -- I've been working on my novel, lately, and my creative energy has been poured into it for the past few weeks.)

Warwick felt a sharp blow to the backs of his knees, and he fell to them, gasping for breath. He heard the raggedy panting of the wolf, now, as the sound created a moment of fear and foreboding in Warwick. He braced his shoulders, shrugging them to protect his head, as he heard the sound of metal.

"And you," the wolf sneered, "Warrior of the littering general, to his knees." Warwick cringed and felt for his weapons, only to realize that the wolf had nabbed them. Clasping his hands, he pulled retractable scales from inside the wrist-guards, locking them in place. His boots were steel-toed and probably held the greatest measure of hope for him.

"What do you want, wolf?" Warwick growled, arching his back. He had used the same trick in front of cat burglars, and they had responded in a way allowing an exit. The roar of the waterfall seemed louder, but the chill of the morning was dull, and the cackling of the birds became muted.

"Revenge, thief. I can smell the negligence towards your position." Warwick straightened his back before realizing what the wolf actually meant. He was on his knees in a foreign land, fighting for himself and betraying nearly every law presented to him. He wasn't a captain at all. Deep down in the many layers of his values, the ones protesting Marleybonian law and ethic had long since faded away, like a ghost haunting Warwick as he stole and fought for himself. He didn't turn, though, as he saw familiar tendrils of poisonous flowers wrap around him, the flowers themselves soon withering and blowing into the wind. A curse, Warwick realized as his vision quickly went dark.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
DS Devereaux on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
(Sorry if my posts are short -- I've been working on my novel, lately, and my creative energy has been poured into it for the past few weeks.)

Warwick felt a sharp blow to the backs of his knees, and he fell to them, gasping for breath. He heard the raggedy panting of the wolf, now, as the sound created a moment of fear and foreboding in Warwick. He braced his shoulders, shrugging them to protect his head, as he heard the sound of metal.

"And you," the wolf sneered, "Warrior of the littering general, to his knees." Warwick cringed and felt for his weapons, only to realize that the wolf had nabbed them. Clasping his hands, he pulled retractable scales from inside the wrist-guards, locking them in place. His boots were steel-toed and probably held the greatest measure of hope for him.

"What do you want, wolf?" Warwick growled, arching his back. He had used the same trick in front of cat burglars, and they had responded in a way allowing an exit. The roar of the waterfall seemed louder, but the chill of the morning was dull, and the cackling of the birds became muted.

"Revenge, thief. I can smell the negligence towards your position." Warwick straightened his back before realizing what the wolf actually meant. He was on his knees in a foreign land, fighting for himself and betraying nearly every law presented to him. He wasn't a captain at all. Deep down in the many layers of his values, the ones protesting Marleybonian law and ethic had long since faded away, like a ghost haunting Warwick as he stole and fought for himself. He didn't turn, though, as he saw familiar tendrils of poisonous flowers wrap around him, the flowers themselves soon withering and blowing into the wind. A curse, Warwick realized as his vision quickly went dark.
Warwick fought the poison for the few precious seconds of its action. He thrashed some on the mossy ground, kicking up dirt clods and invasive plants. As if particles were dropped into Warwick's vision one by one, the view of the sky greeted him, as did a back paw. Warwick, in one swift motion deflected it and stood up. His head was spinning, as was the ground around him, but Warwick glared at the wolf one last time before cringing in response to the poison, squeezing his eyes shut. The wolf disappeared in a bust of black fog. Warwick fell to his knees, tears making his scuffed cheeks sting. He crawled a few yards, then stood, trudging to the side of a building and leaning on it, rubbing his eyes.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
DS Devereaux on Nov 14, 2013 wrote:
Warwick fought the poison for the few precious seconds of its action. He thrashed some on the mossy ground, kicking up dirt clods and invasive plants. As if particles were dropped into Warwick's vision one by one, the view of the sky greeted him, as did a back paw. Warwick, in one swift motion deflected it and stood up. His head was spinning, as was the ground around him, but Warwick glared at the wolf one last time before cringing in response to the poison, squeezing his eyes shut. The wolf disappeared in a bust of black fog. Warwick fell to his knees, tears making his scuffed cheeks sting. He crawled a few yards, then stood, trudging to the side of a building and leaning on it, rubbing his eyes.
Emma? Elizabeth? Are either of you still here?

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
DS Devereaux on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
Emma? Elizabeth? Are either of you still here?
Yes, I am!

~

Alex awoke to the alarming noises resonating from nearby. The alchemist had cried herself to sleep, and it took her a moment to recollect what had previously occurred. Panic overtook her senses the minute she looked up to find Warwick leaning against a nearby building, appearing to be seriously injured and roughed up, and the ebony residue of black fog lingered nearby, rolling over and penetrated by air like vapor over the surface of the earth. Alex quickly got to her feet and grabbed a healing potion from her belt- but she hesitated, with only a phantom of a clue why. Warwick took Lizzy from her. And now, he was dying. A bit of a smile curved at the corner of her lips, yet faded almost instantly. Her eyes widened at her own insensitivity. Moments later, the voices arguing within her mind returned- the bittersweet one that kept her such a shy doormat, and the venomous one with a case of bloodlust and not a care for injuries inflicted on other beings, human or not at all...

Teach him a lesson. Neglect his injuries and let the poison negatively influencing his health take over.

But that's not like you, Alex! Be kind and go and help! Wouldn't want to anger Lizzy, would we?

"Both of you, shut up!" Alex exclaimed, not realizing she had said the words within reality. She began to stride toward Warwick, an expression of partial remorse and half of sympathy on her face. Her casual saunter became a quick sprint toward the pirate, and she grabbed the healing potion once more. The alchemist bent over and pushed back the strands of hair having fallen in her face before handing the potion to Warwick. "This, coalesced with a few filaments of the silver-grass component I found over there, formed a potion that should absorb poisons and eventually remove it from your system entirely. Be glad I'm being kind to you," she said sternly.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Nov 18, 2013 wrote:
Yes, I am!

~

Alex awoke to the alarming noises resonating from nearby. The alchemist had cried herself to sleep, and it took her a moment to recollect what had previously occurred. Panic overtook her senses the minute she looked up to find Warwick leaning against a nearby building, appearing to be seriously injured and roughed up, and the ebony residue of black fog lingered nearby, rolling over and penetrated by air like vapor over the surface of the earth. Alex quickly got to her feet and grabbed a healing potion from her belt- but she hesitated, with only a phantom of a clue why. Warwick took Lizzy from her. And now, he was dying. A bit of a smile curved at the corner of her lips, yet faded almost instantly. Her eyes widened at her own insensitivity. Moments later, the voices arguing within her mind returned- the bittersweet one that kept her such a shy doormat, and the venomous one with a case of bloodlust and not a care for injuries inflicted on other beings, human or not at all...

Teach him a lesson. Neglect his injuries and let the poison negatively influencing his health take over.

But that's not like you, Alex! Be kind and go and help! Wouldn't want to anger Lizzy, would we?

"Both of you, shut up!" Alex exclaimed, not realizing she had said the words within reality. She began to stride toward Warwick, an expression of partial remorse and half of sympathy on her face. Her casual saunter became a quick sprint toward the pirate, and she grabbed the healing potion once more. The alchemist bent over and pushed back the strands of hair having fallen in her face before handing the potion to Warwick. "This, coalesced with a few filaments of the silver-grass component I found over there, formed a potion that should absorb poisons and eventually remove it from your system entirely. Be glad I'm being kind to you," she said sternly.
Thank goodness!

~
Warwick grasped the neck of the flask, his hands shaking. He downed the entire contents - somewhat minty in aftertaste with a hint of something unfamiliar - in a single gulp, shuddering and sliding down the wall so he was sitting. He took a few seconds to recuperate, hands clasped around the flask. He looked up.

"I am grateful," he coughed, standing slowly. He tried not to use Alex as a balance, feeling the loathing towards him somehow half-radiating through her stare. He scratched his head, feeling the dizziness quickly return. Something in him felt that he wouldn't be recovered for a little while. At this point, Northguard had woken up, villagers carting their wares back and forth, some calling them out premature to arrival. Warwick glanced in a puddle of collected water, rubbing dirt from his face and fixing his hair.

"I guess we should go back inside," Warwick said, "At least while trouble's afoot."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
DS Devereaux on Nov 19, 2013 wrote:
Thank goodness!

~
Warwick grasped the neck of the flask, his hands shaking. He downed the entire contents - somewhat minty in aftertaste with a hint of something unfamiliar - in a single gulp, shuddering and sliding down the wall so he was sitting. He took a few seconds to recuperate, hands clasped around the flask. He looked up.

"I am grateful," he coughed, standing slowly. He tried not to use Alex as a balance, feeling the loathing towards him somehow half-radiating through her stare. He scratched his head, feeling the dizziness quickly return. Something in him felt that he wouldn't be recovered for a little while. At this point, Northguard had woken up, villagers carting their wares back and forth, some calling them out premature to arrival. Warwick glanced in a puddle of collected water, rubbing dirt from his face and fixing his hair.

"I guess we should go back inside," Warwick said, "At least while trouble's afoot."
You've done the right thing, Alex, a new voice to the alchemist resonated. You're far too benevolent to allow another human being to die. Never listen to those two, they'll only ever corrupt you and your soul.

Alex nodded to the entity she could not see, residing in her compass of judgement, and stood. "It's advisable, if you ask me." The brunette shifted her position and headed inside, checking for certain that Warwick was following her. "I must warn however, silver-grass is a component that is difficult to manipulate. It will induce a particular lightheaded sensation, possible headaches, and you will probably feel sick to your stomach for a short period of time. Tea, chamoomile, Moolong, or a Wintertuskian coffee should relieve the latter two inflictions and should numb most pain. Take care in what you eat for the next two hours. Sorry to order you around, but it's what I can do."

The alchemist seated herself. The brunette was silent and a bit tense- was Warwick angry with her? He may have stated his gratitude, but it did not radiate. Maybe it was the lightheaded sense. Yes, that was it.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Nov 24, 2013 wrote:
You've done the right thing, Alex, a new voice to the alchemist resonated. You're far too benevolent to allow another human being to die. Never listen to those two, they'll only ever corrupt you and your soul.

Alex nodded to the entity she could not see, residing in her compass of judgement, and stood. "It's advisable, if you ask me." The brunette shifted her position and headed inside, checking for certain that Warwick was following her. "I must warn however, silver-grass is a component that is difficult to manipulate. It will induce a particular lightheaded sensation, possible headaches, and you will probably feel sick to your stomach for a short period of time. Tea, chamoomile, Moolong, or a Wintertuskian coffee should relieve the latter two inflictions and should numb most pain. Take care in what you eat for the next two hours. Sorry to order you around, but it's what I can do."

The alchemist seated herself. The brunette was silent and a bit tense- was Warwick angry with her? He may have stated his gratitude, but it did not radiate. Maybe it was the lightheaded sense. Yes, that was it.
OOC: Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry it's been so long since I last posted, it wasn't right of me to leave without notice. I apologize for this, it's just, my life has been kind of busy in more than one way.
~
What's wrong with you, Lizzy? The wolf had attacked Warwick and poisoned him, Alex came and saved him, and then they went inside without her. So here she was, out in the crisp morning air by herself (not counting the curly-haired wizard, who was still playing Winterusk music), with her weapons drawn and ready to defend Warwick.

And yet all she had done to help was nothing -- she had only stood there with shock, letting bad things happen to her friend. There was nothing justified about what she did - or rather, didn't do -, though as soon as the wolf left, Lizzy snapped out of it and sprinted to Warwick again, only to have Alex beat her there.

Lizzy didn't need her aura vision to feel the negative emotions brewing inside of her Alchemist friend. They practically radiated from her, and the waves of negativity washed over Lizzy, upsetting her even further. And then all she could do was stand by idly while Alex healed Warwick with a potion.

I couldn't do that. Her own voice thought inside her mind, more than a hint of melancholy about it. At least Warwick's safe now. I'm glad Alex helped.

Are you, really? Are you sure you're not jealous?

Yes, I'm sure! The truth was, though, she wasn't sure. It had never occurred to her up until now that maybe she was hiding her own emotions from herself.

Think about it. When you're jealous, you act like your grateful for their abilities. Same goes for when you're shoved aside -- you shrug it off and be grateful about the things that people are doing for you. I'm not saying this is a bad way to be... but you can only keep your emotions bottled up like this for so long.

Lizzy couldn't deny any of this, and turned her back to Warwick and Alex to look at the waterfall. He was right, they should get inside, but Lizzy wasn't quite ready yet. She fixed Northguard to her memory, took in a deep breath of fresh air, then trudged in after them.

The effects of going inside were immediate. The fire from across the room felt like it would burn her skin to ashes, the air felt incredibly stuffy and restricted, which made Lizzy involuntarily gasp for breath, and the walls seemed to be closing in on her, her claustrophobia flaring up extremely. She pressed her hands into the walls and guided herself over to Warwick and Alex, thinking so inwardly right now that she didn't notice any of the sounds of the morning, as if all of it was just a faint background noise. She knew two things, though. Lizzy had only watched Warwick be attacked, and Alex hated her.

These two things sent her spiraling into self-induced sadness. Warwick could hate her now for not helping, and Alex still hated her. She buried her head in her hands and resisted the urge to cry. She had to be brave.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Nov 24, 2013 wrote:

Why? Lizzy took out the clear windstone pendent and felt all of its intricate designs with her fingers, amazed by the simple beauty of it. This was her gift to her from Warwick, but she couldn't help feeling a recoiling sensation. His general had once held this very stone. Nothing could change this. But still... this was her ticket home when she needed it. Lizzy lifted the windstone up to her lips and softly kissed it, then neatly tucked the pendent back into her light armor and out of view. She rested her elbows on the table with the palms of her hands resting against her forehead.

Clatter-clang! Lizzy flinched so badly that she nearly fell out of her chair with her weapons in hand, and she blushed fiercely when she realized that the sound was only a pan that a cooking bear had accidentally dropped. She sheathed her weapons and leaned onto the table, hunched-over. The background noise of Northguard had faded into a pulsing drum that was ready to split her eardrums, it seemed. She covered her ears with her hands, but then immediately took them off so as to know if danger was approaching.

Lizzy turned and gazed out of the window to where the wolf had attacked Warwick. Where she had abandoned him. In her mind's eye, she replayed the events, wincing each time Warwick was struck. She gasped and flinched back to reality when it felt like the wolf had used Warwick's Tiger Claws to strike her in the back, and she arched her back sharply, jerking to turn and look behind her. It was only her imagination.

Pathetic. Spat that harsh voice in her mind.

I don't care! Lizzy mentally shouted back, unable to take it anymore. You don't tell me what to do! You don't have any power over me! Now just SHUT! UP! I'll flinch as much as I want. I'll pretend as much as I want. Because you don't have any power of me, you never will. So leave me alone. Lizzy did something that she hadn't done in years. She dug her hands deep inside the small magical pouch at her waist and searched for a small wooden branch, green leaves sticking out of it at ends. She felt what she was looking for and pulled it out and into the open, where the morning sunlight revealed what it was.

My old wand. She thought fondly, stroking the swirls in the branch. Maybe it's time I gave life magic another try. Be a theurgist for a little while. It'll definitely be of more use to Alex and Warwick than me being a swashbuckler has... Lizzy pulled her legs into a criss-cross positing and rested her hands in her lap, her fingers woven around the wand in such a way that it stuck straight up. She mentally blocked out all of the noises of Northguard and thought only to herself, ignoring the radiation from Alex, ignoring Warwick -- letting them and her reality go for a moment. She managed to calm herself down after a few minutes of deep breathing, then opened her eyes with a faint smile. "What's for breakfast?" She asked, inwardly shielding herself for what ever harsh words would come to her from Alex or Warwick.