Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay IV

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 05, 2011
Guys, I am back, so can yo utake control of my characters?
I just need to be caught up.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
OOC: *snicker* we should make these hashtags a regular thing! Who knows, maybe #slapwar will become the thing that Angel and Trinity are known for, similar to a certain dance judge's #HotTamaleTrain?
~
"No problem..." Lizzy responded, obviously distracted by the sight of Warwick's receding back. For a brief moment her limbs felt light in the mindset to follow him, but Lizzy decided against it and let Warwick have some time to himself. Instead, hardly noticing the slap war, (OOC: #slapwar) she walked away from the group like she was in a trance, marching to the Vigrid Roughlands is search of Connor.

After some wandering around, Lizzy came across the shrouded form of Connor crouched by the side of a ravine. Wait a minute... that ravine wasn't there before! Lizzy rushed forward beside Connor and peered into the ravine, gasping at what she saw. As soon as she had taken a good look, Elizabeth fell to the ground hard and stared into the ravine, an empty look in her eyes. "Oh... no..." she murmured, too shocked to say anything else. She sat there, frozen, until finally she buried her head in her hands and cried, shoulders jumping and faint sobbing sounds escaping from her small, shivering frame.
Alex perked up as she heard Lizzy's crying, acknowledging her friend could be hurt or something. In an instant the alchemist was by Lizzy's side, examining her to ensure she wasn't hurt physically. Instead she took a look as to where Lizzy and Connor were staring, and a look of fear, shock, and anger formed on her face. Her hand crept to her belt to grab an explosive potion, and she swore she would have to have someone hold her back to keep her from chucking it at the gears in the ravine.

"Lizzy.... What madness is this?" Alex asked, refraining from angrily hissing at the gears in the ravine. "Are you okay?" She embraced Lizzy in a hug, sad for her friend.

Angel and Trinity, however, continued in their slap war (#slapwar), and soon, it was visible that Angel won the war of who could slap the other more times. A triumphant cry sounded from Angel, along with taunting toward Trinity, which this time, earned her a slap across the face.

OOC: Yes! Huzzah!!!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Bikaneri on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
On page three, six posts from the bottom is where you left and where I believe you should start reading to catch yourself up on the actions of the roleplay so far, but I'll go ahead and catch you up. After the spider incident the group all went to the Kraken Skulls Tavern where they celebrated their survival and new friendship with some Yum, and Connor decided to team up with Luke to face the clockworks. However, since there was no more Luke in the roleplay, Connor went to Grizzleheim with the rest of the group. I'll get to that in a second.

At the beginning of the celebration, Warwick sat alone at the opposite side of the tavern and watched over them, making sure no more arachnids came near. After Hunter (at least I imagine this to be Hunter) invited Warwick over, he went over glumly and sat and few stools away from Lizzy. Lizzy gave Warwick her Golden Gryphon coin and in exchange for this, Warwick gave Lizzy a piece of windstone that he didn't know where it led to. The next morning, Warwick was attacked by clockworks searching for that windstone, and Lizzy helped him defeat them. They were attacked by clockworks once again in the bazaar, but managed to escape and they went to the back of the Bazaar to talk about the windstone. The story from there spiraled into finding where the windstone goes, which is where the group travelling to Grizzleheim comes in. Connor eavesdrops on their conversation about the windstone and decided to join them, leaving for Grizzleheim before they did so that he could get a head start while waiting for Warwick and Lizzy to get some healing potions from a certain Alchemist named Alexandra.

After Alex gave them some healing potions, she decided she wanted to come along too and they all left for Grizzleheim on Lizzy's Skull Island Galleon, in which case they had some trouble. The ship couldn't take very much strain and after the first stormgate they had to manually operate everything through Mooshu and the next stormgate to Grizzleheim, which gave them some strain but nothing too bad. Oddly enough, shortly after arriving in Mooshu, two strange best friends, a Privateer named Trinity and a Witchdoctor named Angel accidentally teleported to the ship, and decided to stick along with them to Grizzleheim.

Shortly after reaching Grizzleheim, the group split up. Warwick went to explore in Mirkholm Keep while Connor went to the Vigrid Roughlands. Lizzy followed Connor and they came across a new ravine that wasn't there before, a ravine that had clockwork parts in it. This is where we are in the story currently.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Bikaneri on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Bikaneri, I'll give you the catch-up from where the characters left off at the tavern...

After a restful evening at the Kraken Skulls, Warwick rose bright and early and made his way for the docks, only to get cornered by a host of clockworks. With Lizzy's well-timed assistance, he made it out alive. Making use of the time saved, Warwick and Lizzy stocked up on equipment, eventually receiving a note from Warwick's friends in Cool Ranch saying that they were giving up on him and the quest to find where the mysterious clear windstone went. (One of Warwick's prized possessions is a small drawstring bag of pendants whose gemstones are fragments of a clear windstone gifted to him by his general. He doesn't know where it goes.) It was then that Connor popped back in with his theorizing, stating that the windstone would go to Grizzleheim. Connor's older brother had found a windstone when he had traveled there. Leaving Warwick and Lizzy to investigate on his own, Connor sailed away, hoping to meet the others once they caught up.
After that, Warwick and Lizzy scaled a cliff to meet the esteemed alchemist, Alex. Not only did Alex provide Warwick and Lizzy with healing potions, but she as well requested to follow along on the journey. This was greatly appreciated and Alex followed Warwick and Lizzy to the marvelous galleon by the name of the Golden Gryphon. Sailing into Mooshu to find the Grizzleheimian stormgate, two of Alex's friends - Trinity and Angel - teleported in to join the fun. As the Golden Gryphon had been badly beaten in the first stormgate, Warwick steered the ship himself using massive oars in the lower decks to get the galleon through the Grizzleheimian stormgate. The most recent posts have been post-landing at Northguard, where Lizzy greeted an old friend.

I'll be writing another post in response to Just Add Bacon's...

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
OOC: *snicker* we should make these hashtags a regular thing! Who knows, maybe #slapwar will become the thing that Angel and Trinity are known for, similar to a certain dance judge's #HotTamaleTrain?
~
"No problem..." Lizzy responded, obviously distracted by the sight of Warwick's receding back. For a brief moment her limbs felt light in the mindset to follow him, but Lizzy decided against it and let Warwick have some time to himself. Instead, hardly noticing the slap war, (OOC: #slapwar) she walked away from the group like she was in a trance, marching to the Vigrid Roughlands is search of Connor.

After some wandering around, Lizzy came across the shrouded form of Connor crouched by the side of a ravine. Wait a minute... that ravine wasn't there before! Lizzy rushed forward beside Connor and peered into the ravine, gasping at what she saw. As soon as she had taken a good look, Elizabeth fell to the ground hard and stared into the ravine, an empty look in her eyes. "Oh... no..." she murmured, too shocked to say anything else. She sat there, frozen, until finally she buried her head in her hands and cried, shoulders jumping and faint sobbing sounds escaping from her small, shivering frame.
Warwick held the thick fur tighter around him. The smells of war and feelings of tension were in the air, and for some odd reason, they comforted him a little. As Warwick walked, wolves darted past him, some howling and barking commands, others wielding weapons that Warwick hadn't ever seen before. Though the wolves recognized his presence and didn't run over him, they didn't exactly acknowledge him, either. Warwick took caution to this and walked further into the shadows, worried that anything following the wolves would address him.

The further Warwick walked, however, the sounds and smells grew fainter and the forest seemed more and more serene. Small birds chattered in sky-high evergreens, and streams ran through mossy paths. Wild berry bushes grew alongside thistles and the occasional flower. Warwick dared pick one and shoved it in his pocket.
It's so peaceful here, Warwick thought to himself, Is there something I missed? Warwick jogged along the path, now, anxious to take in every sight. Darting towards the sound of a waterfall, Warwick's foot caught on a raised tree root, causing him to land on his chin. Only seconds after, a spark flew just above his shoulders. Warwick rolled quickly to the side, covering the fur in moss and dirt. He felt for his Tiger Claws as a familiar clanking noise approached him.

"Captain Warwick Orleans," a automated voice said, "You have been cornered. There is nobody here. Nobody, nobo..." The voice lowered in pitch dramatically until it at last stopped. Warwick stood up and peered towards the clockwork, which had collapsed. A large part of its head had been damaged, including the mask which had been knocked off. A wolf, gray and lanky, stood before Warwick with a hide sling in its hand. Warwick stood in awe. Such a warrior had knocked out such a foe with a small weapon only. It, in the captain's mind, was a sign of true strength. Warwick saluted the wolf, and it dipped its head back.

"You...Your rescue...is welcome." The wolf's drawl was different than the bears and was laden with an unknown accent, "For you are one of few, there is something you must see." Warwick followed the wolf, who introduced himself as Steinar, on a very steep trail through a series of cliffs.

"I fight many things," Steinar explained, "And for this reason I cannot venture forth." He pushed Warwick on and seemed to disappear. Warwick, from the safety of the cliffs, looked over the Vigrid ravine, teeming with clockwork construction. He made out the frames of Lizzy and Connor. Warwick hurriedly slid down the cliff and approached the two, standing above them wordlessly.

"We have seen many things," he whispered, "But nothing...nothing as this."

Captain
May 16, 2011
Connor was startled out of his daydream of worries by Lizzy's "Oh....no..." Connor looked up. "If the ar-armada are h-here......could they h-h-have other bases in G-Grizzleheim?" He said. His scared face dramatically switched to a furious one. Then, without warning, Connor dove into the ravine full of gears.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
OOC: Right now my friend and I are working on the final dungeon in Beachhead, the Main Battery Hold. This being said, my post may seem a little distracted...
~

Lizzy instantly felt better once being embraced by the hug from Alex, but she couldn't stop crying as she gazed into the ravine. Her home had once been a tranquil land, free of war and hatred and, most importantly, the armada. This ravine proved otherwise. Her home was no longer safe, and there was nothing she could do about it.

She jumped once she heard Warwick's voice standing behind her, and was even more shocked when she watched Connor dive into the ravine. Lizzy, unlike Connor, operated on fear rather than anger and followed him, in the process of sliding down, unsheathing her dagger and rapier and waiting for any excuse to use it against the armada as she and Connor went deeper and deeper into the ravine.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Hey, you guys! I'm taking my computer in for repairs and will potentially be out until the 18th. Just Add Bacon, Warwick is yours if I don't YAR! a post on the 16th.

Thanks,

Des

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
Hey, you guys! I'm taking my computer in for repairs and will potentially be out until the 18th. Just Add Bacon, Warwick is yours if I don't YAR! a post on the 16th.

Thanks,

Des
*pales nervously* I hope your computer can work better after the repairs! I myself have a computer that is as old as I am and loads slower then my dog responds to commands (unless there's food involved), which is why I am getting a new computer as a gift when my birthday comes.

But... I don't believe I qualify for accurately assuming how Warwick would act. Maybe Emma or Anne would better qualify? I know for one that Anne nailed my Lizzy character in Roleplay II, which truly awed me, and I believe that she could do the same for you. But, little ol' me? I don't think I can do it and I'm almost positive I'll mess it up somehow. *gulps* I would really rather not try... maybe it will be your turn to post by the time you computer is repaired? I for one wouldn't mind waiting, I'm not entirely sure about the others though...

*plays with hair nervously*

Captain
May 16, 2011
DS Devereaux on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:

Thanks,

Des
That's too bad, but I hope to see you back on the 18th!

Captain
May 16, 2011
Connor dropped down to a low point in the ravine, where there were platforms and clockwork soldiers. Although there were shadows to help conceal him, he still felt a bit reckless. As Lizzy slid down near him, Connor surveyed the scene in front of him. Then he charged at the nearest target and greatest threat on that level: an Armada dragoon. After a bit of a tussle, Connor managed to rip off the dragoon's head, and take it's sword. Taking out clockwork soldiers left and right, Connor advanced through into the abyss of ravine, but he was stopped short by about 40 or so battle angels. Connor charged.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Right now my friend and I are working on the final dungeon in Beachhead, the Main Battery Hold. This being said, my post may seem a little distracted...
~

Lizzy instantly felt better once being embraced by the hug from Alex, but she couldn't stop crying as she gazed into the ravine. Her home had once been a tranquil land, free of war and hatred and, most importantly, the armada. This ravine proved otherwise. Her home was no longer safe, and there was nothing she could do about it.

She jumped once she heard Warwick's voice standing behind her, and was even more shocked when she watched Connor dive into the ravine. Lizzy, unlike Connor, operated on fear rather than anger and followed him, in the process of sliding down, unsheathing her dagger and rapier and waiting for any excuse to use it against the armada as she and Connor went deeper and deeper into the ravine.
Warwick stood agape. His friends, those he had for once held so dearly, had just plunged into certain death. His normally straight and stone-like face had contorted into one of pure shock and grief. He fell to his knees, resisting tears.

"No.." he whispered, knowing the immediate consequences. He could already hear the prison barge. "No." Warwick slumped over and covered his face with his hands. A slender paw gently placed itself on Warwick's back. At first, Warwick didn't think anything of it. It was probably Steinar all along, having known the consequences of letting Warwick see. He didn't open his eyes until he realized that he was falling rapidly. Warwick faced the sky, watching the patch of grayish-blue get smaller as he fell faster. Warwick's helmet disappeared and he just barely caught his Tiger Claws in each respective hand.

After what felt like an age, Warwick hit the ground - hard. He heard mechanical beings rush towards him, barking commands that were blurry in his drowning out hearing. Warwick tried to regain his breath and stood up, his knees wobbling. Crashing to the ground, everything went black.

OOC: Dun, dun, dun!! The part on my computer that I broke is irreplaceable and so I'm buying an adapter instead. I'll still be here! :)

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
~

Alex was shocked for a moment as Connor and Lizzy practically dove into the ravine. Her violet eyes widened, but decided that if they were headed down, she was too. ...But didn't her mom always tell her if your friends jump off a cliff you aren't supposed to do it? Or was she just being skeptical?

"Oh well...." Alex murmured, and reached for a different potion this time. It was a light periwinkle in color, and she quickly drizzled some of the contents over herself, and leaped down into the ravine as well, gracefully landing at the bottom on her feet. "Anti-gravity potions... Ah, now I know why I decided to make some of these." She mused happily before diving behind a rock protruding from the surface of the canyon. She waited for Lizzy to reach the bottom with her, and just hoped and prayed her friend would be alright.

Meanwhile, Trinity and Angel paused in their (#slapwar) slap war and exchanged yet another glance. Without consulting it, Trinity grinned and leaped down into the ravine, and as she jumped up, removed a small mechanical cube of sorts from her jacket pocket and chucking it beneath her feet.the cube unfolded into a hovering board of sorts, and the Witchdoctor safely floated down, a triumphant grin on her face as she put her sunglasses on.

"Trinity!" Angel called. Knowing it was fruitless to even try, she shrugged, grabbed her whip and let the brown leather encircle a branch nearby. She skidded down the side of the cliff on her feet, and rather than falling the rest of the way, stopped for a moment thanks to the support of her whip. She repeated the process of climbing down the cliff until she reached the bottom, being the only one, or so it seemed, taking the mature and safe route she did. Lizzy and Connor had practically dove in, Alex did jump in, but used a gravity potion or something of that sort, and Trinity used her average methods. At least it wasn't like that time she tried to borrow Angel's whip and attach it to her hoverboard to try and sky surf.... That hadn't ended well for either of them!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
Alex was shocked for a moment as Connor and Lizzy practically dove into the ravine. Her violet eyes widened, but decided that if they were headed down, she was too. ...But didn't her mom always tell her if your friends jump off a cliff you aren't supposed to do it? Or was she just being skeptical?

"Oh well...." Alex murmured, and reached for a different potion this time. It was a light periwinkle in color, and she quickly drizzled some of the contents over herself, and leaped down into the ravine as well, gracefully landing at the bottom on her feet. "Anti-gravity potions... Ah, now I know why I decided to make some of these." She mused happily before diving behind a rock protruding from the surface of the canyon. She waited for Lizzy to reach the bottom with her, and just hoped and prayed her friend would be alright.

Meanwhile, Trinity and Angel paused in their (#slapwar) slap war and exchanged yet another glance. Without consulting it, Trinity grinned and leaped down into the ravine, and as she jumped up, removed a small mechanical cube of sorts from her jacket pocket and chucking it beneath her feet.the cube unfolded into a hovering board of sorts, and the Witchdoctor safely floated down, a triumphant grin on her face as she put her sunglasses on.

"Trinity!" Angel called. Knowing it was fruitless to even try, she shrugged, grabbed her whip and let the brown leather encircle a branch nearby. She skidded down the side of the cliff on her feet, and rather than falling the rest of the way, stopped for a moment thanks to the support of her whip. She repeated the process of climbing down the cliff until she reached the bottom, being the only one, or so it seemed, taking the mature and safe route she did. Lizzy and Connor had practically dove in, Alex did jump in, but used a gravity potion or something of that sort, and Trinity used her average methods. At least it wasn't like that time she tried to borrow Angel's whip and attach it to her hoverboard to try and sky surf.... That hadn't ended well for either of them!
Lizzy's face turned white from horror. She had been hiding in the shadows of a large gear easily, none of the clockworks noticing her. She had watched Connor dive into battle and decide to face 40 battle angels, in which case she knew, without help, he would surely lose.

Never underestimate a buccaneer.

Connor had already taken out a good half of the battle angels before Lizzy could even blink!

When she saw Alex, Lizzy rushed forward and hugged her friend. Looking over Alex's shoulder, she saw Warwick unconscious on the ground, surrounded by clockworks. Lizzy let out a squeak and looked Alex in the eye.

"You help Connor, I'll help Warwick." Lizzy charged this of her friend before she leaped over her and launched herself at the clockworks. "Let!" -down goes the marine- "Him!" -down goes a sniper- "Go!" Lizzy spun in several tight circles, dagger and rapier slashing out at the clockworks. Sparks flew from each of the clockworks, and they all collapsed around her. She breathed heavily, a look of anguish on her face. She glared daggers at anyone who dared came near them, which was actually enough to keep the clockworks back. Lizzy picked up Warwick's upper body and dragged him back over to the large gear as shelter, laying him down gently. She plucked a vial of Yum-N-Aid from Warwick's belt and tipped it into his mouth, then she took out a healing potion as well and gave the concoction to her friend.

Lizzy stood up, fur cape swishing, once more holding her weapons in hand. She picked up a few battle angel's rapiers laying askew, and she stood guard in front of the unconscious Warwick like a cat burglar defending its hoard. Another tear escaped her eye, as she wondered what would happen if the potions didn't work. It didn't seem possible for anybody to survive a fall like he did.

Then her eyebrows furrowed.

He fell...

Someone had pushed him!

Lizzy's head jerked upward as she noticed a slim fur coat escaping from view in an angry rush. She grit her teeth, promising herself that whether or not Warwick survived this, Lizzy would get her revenge on that wolf. No matter what.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy's face turned white from horror. She had been hiding in the shadows of a large gear easily, none of the clockworks noticing her. She had watched Connor dive into battle and decide to face 40 battle angels, in which case she knew, without help, he would surely lose.

Never underestimate a buccaneer.

Connor had already taken out a good half of the battle angels before Lizzy could even blink!

When she saw Alex, Lizzy rushed forward and hugged her friend. Looking over Alex's shoulder, she saw Warwick unconscious on the ground, surrounded by clockworks. Lizzy let out a squeak and looked Alex in the eye.

"You help Connor, I'll help Warwick." Lizzy charged this of her friend before she leaped over her and launched herself at the clockworks. "Let!" -down goes the marine- "Him!" -down goes a sniper- "Go!" Lizzy spun in several tight circles, dagger and rapier slashing out at the clockworks. Sparks flew from each of the clockworks, and they all collapsed around her. She breathed heavily, a look of anguish on her face. She glared daggers at anyone who dared came near them, which was actually enough to keep the clockworks back. Lizzy picked up Warwick's upper body and dragged him back over to the large gear as shelter, laying him down gently. She plucked a vial of Yum-N-Aid from Warwick's belt and tipped it into his mouth, then she took out a healing potion as well and gave the concoction to her friend.

Lizzy stood up, fur cape swishing, once more holding her weapons in hand. She picked up a few battle angel's rapiers laying askew, and she stood guard in front of the unconscious Warwick like a cat burglar defending its hoard. Another tear escaped her eye, as she wondered what would happen if the potions didn't work. It didn't seem possible for anybody to survive a fall like he did.

Then her eyebrows furrowed.

He fell...

Someone had pushed him!

Lizzy's head jerked upward as she noticed a slim fur coat escaping from view in an angry rush. She grit her teeth, promising herself that whether or not Warwick survived this, Lizzy would get her revenge on that wolf. No matter what.
Warwick stirred. Every part of his body sent angry complaints to his head, resulting in absolute pain. He exhaled slowly, tasting the sweet aftertaste of Yum and dusty glass. Warwick slowly stood up, stretching his arms and legs all the way. He hoped that the fall hadn't in any way made him shorter than he was.
Funny I think about that now, Warwick noted to himself, slowly taking a stance beside Lizzy. He recognized the look on her tear-stained face immediately. He could help but wipe a tear of hers away with his thumb.
"His name is Steinar," Warwick filled in, "And he has a sling. Found him in the Keep." A battle angel flew astray and towards Warwick. Although his muscles creaked upon taking a step out, the second Warwick flung himself into a spinning attack, things felt back in motion. The battle angel collapsed after a single strike, leaking oil from a loose joint. Warwick got some on his fingers. Looking at it in fascination, he ran his fingers over his cheeks, creating adequate war-paint. He looked back to Lizzy, a chilling grin having taken his face. Warwick knew that he had little time before his adrenaline rush wore off, so he decided to make the most of it.

Warwick charged.

Captain
May 16, 2011
DS Devereaux on Sep 18, 2013 wrote:
Warwick stirred. Every part of his body sent angry complaints to his head, resulting in absolute pain. He exhaled slowly, tasting the sweet aftertaste of Yum and dusty glass. Warwick slowly stood up, stretching his arms and legs all the way. He hoped that the fall hadn't in any way made him shorter than he was.
Funny I think about that now, Warwick noted to himself, slowly taking a stance beside Lizzy. He recognized the look on her tear-stained face immediately. He could help but wipe a tear of hers away with his thumb.
"His name is Steinar," Warwick filled in, "And he has a sling. Found him in the Keep." A battle angel flew astray and towards Warwick. Although his muscles creaked upon taking a step out, the second Warwick flung himself into a spinning attack, things felt back in motion. The battle angel collapsed after a single strike, leaking oil from a loose joint. Warwick got some on his fingers. Looking at it in fascination, he ran his fingers over his cheeks, creating adequate war-paint. He looked back to Lizzy, a chilling grin having taken his face. Warwick knew that he had little time before his adrenaline rush wore off, so he decided to make the most of it.

Warwick charged.
Connor, now feeling a bit overwhelmed, back up until he was side by side with Warwick. Grinning, Connor fought with him, and together they took out clockworks by the second. Connor grinned again, this time from ear to ear.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Sep 18, 2013 wrote:

Warwick charged.
Lizzy casted Warwick a grateful expression when he brushed away one of her tears, but searched her brain when she heard the name. "Steinar... I've never heard of him before." Lizzy grew extremely worried, because she knew everyone but the recent pups, cubs, and chicks that were born during her absence, and no pup could shove Warwick off of the edge like that.

She leaped out of her inward thoughts when she saw Warwick defeat the battle angel, then use its oil as war-paint. Lizzy smiled. An excellent use of oil, if I do say so myself. She sighed as she watched Warwick dash away and to the army of clockworks, then she shook her head and rolled her eyes. Boys. She thought. They always act as if they have something to prove.

These were her last thoughts before she, too, dove into this helpless battle against an army.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 18, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy casted Warwick a grateful expression when he brushed away one of her tears, but searched her brain when she heard the name. "Steinar... I've never heard of him before." Lizzy grew extremely worried, because she knew everyone but the recent pups, cubs, and chicks that were born during her absence, and no pup could shove Warwick off of the edge like that.

She leaped out of her inward thoughts when she saw Warwick defeat the battle angel, then use its oil as war-paint. Lizzy smiled. An excellent use of oil, if I do say so myself. She sighed as she watched Warwick dash away and to the army of clockworks, then she shook her head and rolled her eyes. Boys. She thought. They always act as if they have something to prove.

These were her last thoughts before she, too, dove into this helpless battle against an army.
Warwick panted as he fought, bashing clockworks into one another and taking them down just as efficiently as Connor was. He was sure to employ old tactics used in Marleybone, and they worked surprisingly well, even if it meant partially dismantling a clockwork while fighting with his opposite hand. Ten, twenty, fifty clockworks fell to the ground, and as the last hundred approached, Warwick stood atop a pile, fighting all those who stepped too close. Each of them seemed to fall within a few strikes, but Warwick was getting wearier and feeling the effects of the fall again. His breathing grew ragged and shallow, searing his lungs.

However, though, after another few minutes, the clockworks stopped. Frozen. They toppled simultaneously and a hooded figure marched into the battlefield, crimson cloak waving in the slight wind. Warwick was in a kneeling position, battered and torn more than ever. The figure's hood blew back, revealing an unmasked mechanical face. This one was more human, more life-like than ever except for the turning gears and sheen of grease. Warwick stood immediately and walked straight up to the clockwork, standing at least a few feet shorter and having to tilt his head up. Inaudible for anyone else, Warwick and the clockwork exchanged words. Then they stood silent, facing one another. They turned in opposite directions and walked slowly away, stopping at the same time.

It was a showdown.

OOC: You guys can react and control what happens as you please. :)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
Warwick panted as he fought, bashing clockworks into one another and taking them down just as efficiently as Connor was. He was sure to employ old tactics used in Marleybone, and they worked surprisingly well, even if it meant partially dismantling a clockwork while fighting with his opposite hand. Ten, twenty, fifty clockworks fell to the ground, and as the last hundred approached, Warwick stood atop a pile, fighting all those who stepped too close. Each of them seemed to fall within a few strikes, but Warwick was getting wearier and feeling the effects of the fall again. His breathing grew ragged and shallow, searing his lungs.

However, though, after another few minutes, the clockworks stopped. Frozen. They toppled simultaneously and a hooded figure marched into the battlefield, crimson cloak waving in the slight wind. Warwick was in a kneeling position, battered and torn more than ever. The figure's hood blew back, revealing an unmasked mechanical face. This one was more human, more life-like than ever except for the turning gears and sheen of grease. Warwick stood immediately and walked straight up to the clockwork, standing at least a few feet shorter and having to tilt his head up. Inaudible for anyone else, Warwick and the clockwork exchanged words. Then they stood silent, facing one another. They turned in opposite directions and walked slowly away, stopping at the same time.

It was a showdown.

OOC: Oh my goodness! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Did that... did that really just happen? O. o we'll see how this plays out...
~
After taking down some more clockworks, surprised at how well this was all going, Lizzy stopped and gawked at the hooded figure facing Warwick. She let out a strangled squeak, then made short, stiff marches to Warwick. She practically crashed into him, instantly picking up one of his hands. "You're not... you're not really going to do this, a-are you?" Lizzy searched his expression. The way he held himself, the way his eyes looked, the way his aura shimmered. She decided to use the information that all of it told her about Warwick's history. "Before you do anything stupid, keep this in mind; your parents may still be out there. Don't risk the chance of ever finding them again over this fight. We're winning, Warwick! But we're only winning while working together. If you-" her voice broke, and she paused for a moment, re-composing herself. "if you lose this fight, you'll never be able to find your parents. You'll never be able to have a family of your own. You'll never be able to tell your grand-kids the wonderful stories that you hold from serving in the navy. Don't risk all of this over your decision to fight alone."

Lizzy took a deep breath, then nodded. "If you really want to do this, I guess I can't stop you." She hugged her friend, then gave him a kiss on the cheek. She backed away. "Good luck." Lizzy sheathed her weapons, then trudged off of the battlefield to see how this played out.

Captain
May 16, 2011
DS Devereaux on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:

It was a showdown.

OOC: WOW. That was.......strange. At least from Connor's point of view.
~
Connor watched as Lizzy spoke to Warwick. Through narrowed eyes, he surveyed the completely wrecked battlefield. Then something shiny caught his eye. He walked leisurely over to the gleam, finding it surprisingly inside an armada dragoon's mask. Ripping off the mask, and looking under it, Connor found a piece of a windstone. Just a tiny shard of one. But a shard of a white one.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Oh my goodness! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Did that... did that really just happen? O. o we'll see how this plays out...
~
After taking down some more clockworks, surprised at how well this was all going, Lizzy stopped and gawked at the hooded figure facing Warwick. She let out a strangled squeak, then made short, stiff marches to Warwick. She practically crashed into him, instantly picking up one of his hands. "You're not... you're not really going to do this, a-are you?" Lizzy searched his expression. The way he held himself, the way his eyes looked, the way his aura shimmered. She decided to use the information that all of it told her about Warwick's history. "Before you do anything stupid, keep this in mind; your parents may still be out there. Don't risk the chance of ever finding them again over this fight. We're winning, Warwick! But we're only winning while working together. If you-" her voice broke, and she paused for a moment, re-composing herself. "if you lose this fight, you'll never be able to find your parents. You'll never be able to have a family of your own. You'll never be able to tell your grand-kids the wonderful stories that you hold from serving in the navy. Don't risk all of this over your decision to fight alone."

Lizzy took a deep breath, then nodded. "If you really want to do this, I guess I can't stop you." She hugged her friend, then gave him a kiss on the cheek. She backed away. "Good luck." Lizzy sheathed her weapons, then trudged off of the battlefield to see how this played out.
OOC: That was a beautiful post!
~
Warwick ran after Lizzy for a few paces, catching her shoulder and returning the hug. His tears wet her clothes a little.
"I've got to do this," Warwick whispered, "I'm saving your lives." Warwick sniffled another tear out and stood back, cheeks flushed. He wiped his eyes, one by one. "I made a deal with...this old friend of mine." He backpedaled a few steps, then his expression brightened. "Find my parents, Lizzy." With that, he swiftly turns, the clockwork already facing him. The two ran towards one another, fighting limb by limb and by use of blade. The clockwork's actions were swift and very precise, but Warwick seemed to know how to get behind it and deliver a swift blow to the back. Surprisingly, the clockwork was vulnerable and hunched forward.
Created like a person, Warwick noted, Built to hunch forward and protect its organs. He spun and struck again with the same success. He skidded to a stop, raising a substantial amount of dust. Warwick's eyes squeezed tightly together to keep it out, but he didn't realize how quickly the clockwork was back up. Before he knew it, his stomach was almost spilling and he landed feet away on his side. Warwick instinctively made a cross-hatch of his Tiger Claws and deflected an incoming blade. As he gained the strength and power to stand up, rain began to patter down on the field, clearing the dust. The clockwork was partially dismantled, but even more was Warwick. His jaw dangled and left wrist ached. Warwick employed an old trick and stretched his neck to the side, straining the muscle. It was enough to distract him from the other ailments. After a moment, it was back to the fight, the clockwork striking just as expertly.
Warwick's mind seemed to go blank as he fell again. What was worth fighting for, again? What was going on? He stood and fell back against the wall of the ravine, shielding himself from the oncoming clockwork weakly using his Claws.
Lizzy, he remembered, Lizzy, Connor, Hunter, Luke, Alex, Trinity, Angel...Warwick pushed the clockwork away, feeling his energy dissipate. A new fire was in his eyes.
And mom and dad. Warwick took two careful steps and lashed once more at the clockwork with the skill and speed of a true warrior. The clockwork shuddered, remaining still. Warwick approached it and bit his lower lip, giving it a push. The clockwork hit the ground. The moment it landed, Warwick realized how wet and beat up he actually was. Warwick smiled, still looking down. He gazed up towards the sky.

It was filled stars only now more stunning with bare victory.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Sep 21, 2013 wrote:
~
Warwick ran after Lizzy for a few paces, catching her shoulder and returning the hug. His tears wet her clothes a little.
"I've got to do this," Warwick whispered, "I'm saving your lives." Warwick sniffled another tear out and stood back, cheeks flushed. He wiped his eyes, one by one. "I made a deal with...this old friend of mine." He backpedaled a few steps, then his expression brightened. "Find my parents, Lizzy." With that, he swiftly turns, the clockwork already facing him. The two ran towards one another, fighting limb by limb and by use of blade. The clockwork's actions were swift and very precise, but Warwick seemed to know how to get behind it and deliver a swift blow to the back. Surprisingly, the clockwork was vulnerable and hunched forward.
Created like a person, Warwick noted, Built to hunch forward and protect its organs. He spun and struck again with the same success. He skidded to a stop, raising a substantial amount of dust. Warwick's eyes squeezed tightly together to keep it out, but he didn't realize how quickly the clockwork was back up. Before he knew it, his stomach was almost spilling and he landed feet away on his side. Warwick instinctively made a cross-hatch of his Tiger Claws and deflected an incoming blade. As he gained the strength and power to stand up, rain began to patter down on the field, clearing the dust. The clockwork was partially dismantled, but even more was Warwick. His jaw dangled and left wrist ached. Warwick employed an old trick and stretched his neck to the side, straining the muscle. It was enough to distract him from the other ailments. After a moment, it was back to the fight, the clockwork striking just as expertly.
Warwick's mind seemed to go blank as he fell again. What was worth fighting for, again? What was going on? He stood and fell back against the wall of the ravine, shielding himself from the oncoming clockwork weakly using his Claws.
Lizzy, he remembered, Lizzy, Connor, Hunter, Luke, Alex, Trinity, Angel...Warwick pushed the clockwork away, feeling his energy dissipate. A new fire was in his eyes.
And mom and dad. Warwick took two careful steps and lashed once more at the clockwork with the skill and speed of a true warrior. The clockwork shuddered, remaining still. Warwick approached it and bit his lower lip, giving it a push. The clockwork hit the ground. The moment it landed, Warwick realized how wet and beat up he actually was. Warwick smiled, still looking down. He gazed up towards the sky.

OOC: My post is nothing, yours left me awe-struck! All of it seemed so lifelike that it was unreal. I could very clearly see the fight and Warwick's emotions bubbling through them, along with his thoughts and reasons behind his actions. I could feel his pain, both emotional and physical, and you truly left me wanting more. That was brilliant.
~
"I will." Lizzy murmured, feeling like she was in a trance. Gosh, he was really going to do this. Lizzy walked away and leaned against a wall of the ravine, arms crossed anxiously (the effects of the cold wearing her down, as Alex had her fur cap, and her left foot pressed against the wall. As it began to rain, Lizzy grew even colder and shivered, gazing at the dance of steel between Warwick and the clockwork. It seemed like she was watching the action from a fantasy book, as this didn't seem real. For her, each raindrop fell more slowly. It felt like it took Warwick an eternity to move every time the clockwork lashed out at him, and every time Warwick was assaulted by the metal person, Lizzy winced. It hurt her so, to just watch her friend fight alone. To hold herself back from leaping into the fight too and slashing at the clockwork with the battle angel's rapiers she had acquired. She flinched when she saw Warwick crash against a wall, and truly had to restrain herself back from defending him.

Trust him, Liz. You know he can do it.

Warwick had paused, thinking hard as he stood against the wall for a moment, regaining his senses and his reason. Lizzy's heart leaped around her chest like a caged bird when Warwick attacked the clockwork, and she smiled beyond relief as she saw the clockwork fell. Both she and Warwick looked to the sky as it had stopped raining, and she noticed that the stars twinkled brighter after the victory. The land itself seemed to heave a sigh of relief, like the weight of the clockworks were off of its shoulders. The stars shined more brightly, the trees grew greener, and she saw small ferns begin to grow in the crevices of the clockwork-made ravine. This was only the beginning of the recovery.

Lizzy dashed onto the battlefield and threw her arms over Warwick's shoulders, practically knocking him down. "You did it." She whispered, resting the side of her head against his. "You really did it." Lizzy backed away from Warwick and gave him a salute, a cheeky smile spread across her face. "We get to find your parents now together, okay? And please, don't go killing yourself in the process." Lizzy couldn't seem to stop smiling, as the light of the stars danced in her eyes. She took out a healing potion, one of the yum-based, and handed it to him with a wink. "You deserve it, Helten I Landet, Hero of the Land."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
~

OOC: GAAAAAHHHHH!!! The feels! -falls on face- Warwick's 'What's worth fighting for?' line reminded me of two things- my own wizard, in my story, wondering if all that she's doing to save her world is worth fighting others for, and also a bit of an anime I watch- where one girl is crying because her best friend just technically saved a ton of other lives but at the price of sacrificing her existence. The other girl, who went through a lot of stuff to save her friend, cries and asks 'Will all that I've done be nonexistent? Is it worth fighting for anymore?' Her best friend comforts her and gives her a hug before leaving forever. I cried.

Alex gasped. She had just watched stuff happen... And she hadn't lent a hand to help besides fighting off a couple clockworks. It angered her with herself somewhat... And only a few unlucky ones knew what it was like for her to become angry. A showdown between Warwick and a clockwork just occurred, and Alex had been too stunned to help or even offer any assistance or at least a potion to help. What was wrong with her? The brunette, in a flurry of sadness, anger, and shock, embraced Lizzy, who had been standing nearby. The alchemist felt a small tear at the corner of her eye.

But also haunting Alex was jealousy. Why? Because Warwick could still have parents. He could still possibly find them one day, when she had watched her own parents die in front of her in that horrid storm. Anger etched her jealousy. She exhaled, and could have sworn she was on fire.

Captain
May 16, 2011
~

OOC: Nice description! You made me feel like I was reading an adventure book.

Connor stared in awe as Warwick gracefully but brutally took out the clockwork. Then he smiled, knowing Warwick was something special. Connor glanced farther back down into the ravine. There's still something I need to check on, he thought. Well, two things, perhaps. Connor carefully climbed into the abyss, for all signs of his burning aggression earlier were gone.

When he got to the bottom, he hid in shadows. There were clockwork marines patrolling the area, but Connor was to elusive for them to find him. Then hunger and weakness clawed at him. Dropping to the ground, Connor moaned in pain, though he tried not to make any sound. But it was too late.

Knowing he had failed, Connor limped out toward the clockworks, who already had seemed to have noticed him. Then Connor abruptly lost conscious. A clockwork grabbed him, and threw him in a cage, a cage next to another cage with someone inside. And this person was very familiar to Connor.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:
OOC: GAAAAAHHHHH!!! The feels! -falls on face- Warwick's 'What's worth fighting for?' line reminded me of two things- my own wizard, in my story, wondering if all that she's doing to save her world is worth fighting others for, and also a bit of an anime I watch- where one girl is crying because her best friend just technically saved a ton of other lives but at the price of sacrificing her existence. The other girl, who went through a lot of stuff to save her friend, cries and asks 'Will all that I've done be nonexistent? Is it worth fighting for anymore?' Her best friend comforts her and gives her a hug before leaving forever. I cried.

Alex gasped. She had just watched stuff happen... And she hadn't lent a hand to help besides fighting off a couple clockworks. It angered her with herself somewhat... And only a few unlucky ones knew what it was like for her to become angry. A showdown between Warwick and a clockwork just occurred, and Alex had been too stunned to help or even offer any assistance or at least a potion to help. What was wrong with her? The brunette, in a flurry of sadness, anger, and shock, embraced Lizzy, who had been standing nearby. The alchemist felt a small tear at the corner of her eye.

But also haunting Alex was jealousy. Why? Because Warwick could still have parents. He could still possibly find them one day, when she had watched her own parents die in front of her in that horrid storm. Anger etched her jealousy. She exhaled, and could have sworn she was on fire.
OOC: It is always excellent went a television show, comic book, novel, or any other form of a story (Shakespeare comes to mind...) can trigger one to have an emotional reaction, such as crying.
~
Lizzy smiled as she was embraced by Alex and turned to hug her back, but she hesitated for a moment, as she felt negative emotions in Alex brewing to the surface. She paused after hugging her friend, thinking carefully about what to say to her, then began. "Thank you so much for the help. Your potions have saved many lives, my friend. If we didn't have one of your yum potions, I'm not entirely sure Warwick would have survived falling into the ravine. If Warwick hadn't survived, then he wouldn't have been able to fight the clockwork. Without that clockwork gone, he would have continued to control his part of the army. If this was said, Grizzleheim would be nowhere near safe, Warwick would be dead, and we would be overrun by a clockwork army. We owe you a big thanks." Lizzy squeezed her friend, then backed away and once more looked at the stars. They were so gorgeous, just pinpricks of white in the big blue/black sky, the wispy clouds almost non-existent, revealing the full beauty of the sky. It was truly magical, and she got to experience this with some of her closest friends. This moment was perfectly perfect, and nothing could ruin it.

But then she glanced back down at the earth, and noticed that Connor had wondered off by himself. Again. Lizzy, without saying a word about what she was doing, followed him silently, wondering what he was up to. "Connor!" She hissed, but he didn't seem to hear her. From fear of being heard by the clockworks, she remained silent after this, following him with the slyness of a fox. When she saw Connor collapse by something unknown to her, she nearly leaped down to him right then, but before she could, he had passed out and a clockwork grabbed him and shoved him into a cage. She sighed, her hand resting on the side of the ravine. She could run now and tell Warwick and Alex about Connor getting caught, which while she was doing so, he might be taken away to an unknown location, and then they'd never find him.

Or, she could act now, get Connor out of there, and leave safely without any trouble. She nodded as she came to the decision, then enveloped herself in in invisibility. Upon doing this she leaped out into the open, dodging and weaving between passing clockworks, and reaching the cages without harm. She glanced anxiously into Connor's cage, looking at his slumped over form. Dang, that can't be comfortable.

Lizzy paused to take a few breathes, examining where she was. There was a clockwork base to her left, and she was facing where she and Connor had entered the ravine. To the right, many clockworks marched, carrying many building supplies, as if they were setting up yet another armada base camp in her home land.

This couldn't be good.