Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay IV

AuthorMessage
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
"I, uh..." Warwick stammered, blushing, "I d-doubt anyone attacked him. Ahem, it sounds like he's been to Grizzleheim before." Lighten up!? Warwick thought to himself, What do you mean, 'lighten up'!? We're in the middle of a war while having to trust this alchemist and let Conner go off on his own. Warwick sighed and attempted regaining his composure. He didn't like change. I don't want to talk about it 'some other time'...
"Well, come on." Warwick gestured to the others. He started for the cliff, digging his Tiger Claws into a smoother bit and sliding down.

(OOC: Emma, if you don't mind, I'd like to ask if I could have Warwick push Alex's buttons a little bit. He doesn't trust her very much - Does he trust anyone besides Lizzy at this point? - and is constantly suspicious of everything.
OOC (2): Ah, memory lane. There's going to be a wonderful time/place for Warwick's reason for being so gruff to kick in and at that point fade. You all just wait for it. I'll say this, though: Being in the MB Navy (and being in debt of it) does have its effects on people who don't stay.)
Lizzy felt like having a little argument with Warwick. Yes, lighten up. She was already beginning. You're making yourself miserable all the time by not trusting anyone, not being with friends, and not trying to make friends in the first place! Lizzy effortless scrambled down the cliff as quickly as Warwick was sliding. You're always thinking about the past and the future rather than the present, wondering what 'should have' happened and what you think 'should happen'. Well, pal, you just chose the two days of the years that you can't do anything about anything. Yesterday and Tomorrow. You never take time to enjoy life. You're always wondering about what people are doing behind your back. And, worst of all, you're putting yourself in your own black cloud by thinking that life is some dark hole all of the time, just because some robots went haywire.
Upon releasing her steam during the climb and in the mini-argument she had to herself, Lizzy felt better and was smiling once again. "I can't wait to get to Grizzleheim!" She announced, eagerly dashing in the direction of her recently unbottled ship, a little pep in her step making her bounce as she ran.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy felt like having a little argument with Warwick. Yes, lighten up. She was already beginning. You're making yourself miserable all the time by not trusting anyone, not being with friends, and not trying to make friends in the first place! Lizzy effortless scrambled down the cliff as quickly as Warwick was sliding. You're always thinking about the past and the future rather than the present, wondering what 'should have' happened and what you think 'should happen'. Well, pal, you just chose the two days of the years that you can't do anything about anything. Yesterday and Tomorrow. You never take time to enjoy life. You're always wondering about what people are doing behind your back. And, worst of all, you're putting yourself in your own black cloud by thinking that life is some dark hole all of the time, just because some robots went haywire.
Upon releasing her steam during the climb and in the mini-argument she had to herself, Lizzy felt better and was smiling once again. "I can't wait to get to Grizzleheim!" She announced, eagerly dashing in the direction of her recently unbottled ship, a little pep in her step making her bounce as she ran.
"I've always wanted to see it," Warwick noted, "Ever since the general told me all about it." Warwick pushed off of the cliff once he was a few feet off of the ground and somersaulted to a landing. He shook the dirt from his hair and walked on the right side of the others. He squinted in the powerful sunlight at the shining galleon docked, smiling in relief. It was indeed a beauty. Something in Warwick wondered if he could have stolen it before...
Warwick was the last on board. He glanced up at the mast and followed the seams of the sails with his eyes. The ship was in very fine condition. As it took off, Warwick's face glowed even more.
"She's beautiful! Just stunning!" Warwick exclaimed, running the length of the deck, "How do you keep 'er this well-maintained?" Warwick ran towards the bow, twirling a little. The wind blew his hair back and coaxed tears from his widened eyes. At that time, Warwick seemed as happy as a youngster full of sugary treats from some carnival gifting oversized stuffed animals to all who passed by. That memory itself flashed on and off in his mind. Warwick joined the others in the wheelhouse minutes later, hair ruffled and a wide smile plastered on his face.

(Sorry about modding the ship a little, I needed Warwick's sliver of innocence to kick in.)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: It's fine with me! Don't worry though, Alex CAN usually be trusted... Just don't mention a storm. Do that and you've doomed yourself for eternity.)

"Well, let's go. Extra healing and other various positive and negative potions should be useful, at least I believe so. Be careful with those, I've run low on flasks, beakers, and any other potion bottles I did or do have." The alchemist grumbled something that sounded like 'Thanks, Trinity' but followed the others. It was obvious she's climbed down this cliff a multitude of times, as she seemed to know where the footholds were without even looking. "It's pretty easy to get back down. If you like jumping or blind climbing." The alchemist laughed. In a fairly short amount of time, she had reached the base of the mountain, and she waited for the rest of the group as they came down the mountainside.

(I'm considering sneaking in some new characters when they get to the ship.... Muahahaha!)
OOC: Now I'm scared. ;) Can't wait to see what happens! Btw, although this is Lizzy's ship, she stinks at steering and at controlling her incredibly jumpy nerves for a long enough period of time to safely get people near a stormgate, let alone in one, especially not in a few, considering that Conner said that they need to leave Skull Island to go to Mooshu, then go through the Grizzleheim Stormgate. Two stormgates, for a girl who can hardly take one by herself. She's probably going to ask somebody else to steer the ship, just be prepared.
Hey, Thunderchu? Am I spelling Conner right? I know that you spell it with the last vowel being an 'o', but on my screen the name automatically shows up with red underlining. I know 'Lizzy' is the improper way to spell the name and 'Lizzie' is the actual way to spell it, but I do that on purpose. I'm wondering do you spell Conner Connor on purpose too?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
(OOC: Due to school starting, I'm not going to be able to make the morning posts anymore... :( Sorry about that. Either that or I'll just make it.)

Captain
May 16, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Now I'm scared. ;) Can't wait to see what happens! Btw, although this is Lizzy's ship, she stinks at steering and at controlling her incredibly jumpy nerves for a long enough period of time to safely get people near a stormgate, let alone in one, especially not in a few, considering that Conner said that they need to leave Skull Island to go to Mooshu, then go through the Grizzleheim Stormgate. Two stormgates, for a girl who can hardly take one by herself. She's probably going to ask somebody else to steer the ship, just be prepared.
Hey, Thunderchu? Am I spelling Conner right? I know that you spell it with the last vowel being an 'o', but on my screen the name automatically shows up with red underlining. I know 'Lizzy' is the improper way to spell the name and 'Lizzie' is the actual way to spell it, but I do that on purpose. I'm wondering do you spell Conner Connor on purpose too?
OOC: Yes, I do spell it Connor instead of Conner on purpose. I'd prefer that way. I was going to speak up and say something about that, I just didn't want to be taken as rude.
~
Connor docked his ship in Northguard. Deciding to cool down all the burning things on his mind, he hiked to the Vigrid Roughlands.
~
OOC: Even though the war with the wolves may be taking place at that moment, Connor has friends there, and doesn't really mind the raging battle. Sometimes he even helps out with fending off intruders to the camp, or even leading raids to enemy camps.
~
Splitting off from the main path to the camp of the bears, Connor hiked through the other parts of the land. Then he saw it; a ravine that wasn't there before. Looking in, Connor saw all sorts of gears and whatnot. With a look of fear on his face, Connor fell to his knees.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
OOC: No problem, that gives me another excuse to show what a close group of friends The Golden Gryphon Crew was. Thanks for the help!
~
Lizzy smiled wide, extremely pleased by Warwick's pure delight. She shrugged. "It was a project that my friends and I decided to take on." Lizzy's eyes gazed over the ship, seeing herself and her crew working on the deck of a grimy galleon. "We got a galleon in exchange for a good deed we did, and we needed to fix her up. It was really fun to do," at this, Lizzy's memory saw her brother Andrew throwing soupy water at her, "and when the group split up they gave me the Galleon, knowing that I do the most travelling. You know, for libraries. I haven't used her very often, so I guess that's why she's in good condition. Excuse any dust you find."

Although she was certainly fond of The Golden Gryphon, Lizzy easily handed the wheel to one of the others and headed down the main hatch, walked down a hallway, and entered her room. She took in a deep breath, enjoying the sweet smell of parchment in the books that she had collected over the years. Lizzy sat on her hammock, not really knowing what to do with herself. For once in her life she didn't really feel like reading. She didn't have the proper ingredients to make anything, and she doubted the group would very much appreciate being forced to eat vegetarian just because of her own eating habits. She couldn't read, she couldn't cook, and she suspected that Warwick didn't want to talk to her. There was time for that later.

So, for now, Lizzy laid aimlessly in her hammock and waited for the rocky road up ahead known as a stormgate.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: Due to school starting, I'm not going to be able to make the morning posts anymore... :( Sorry about that. Either that or I'll just make it.)
I'm sorry to hear that. But I guess it will kind of help arrange a schedule for the roleplay, me in the morning and you in the evening? Hmm... now all of a sudden I appreciate the long summer break that public school kids get. I love this roleplay a lot, so it seems I'll have to be on the edge of my seat while I'm waiting for school to get out. My school schedule remains the same throughout the summer and the regular school year -- my school starts at 9:00 a.m., and as long as I'm off the message boards, entertainment television, Wizard101, Pirate101, or any other non-educational activities by then and until after school, then I'm able to post after I'm done with school. An awesome schedule in my opinion, considering that sometimes I breeze through school so quickly that I'm back on the message boards at 9:45. Usually on Wednesdays and Fridays I'm busy, such as with Drama Club or my group activity, and this was true for yesterday, but I can usually make it on the boards every day. I guess I'm just wanting to give you guys a clearer picture on my life's schedule so that you know what to expect, because to be honest I don't know why I'm saying all of this. *shrug* Oh well.

~Elizabeth, level 44 ~

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Thunder Hawk on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Yes, I do spell it Connor instead of Conner on purpose. I'd prefer that way. I was going to speak up and say something about that, I just didn't want to be taken as rude.
~
Connor docked his ship in Northguard. Deciding to cool down all the burning things on his mind, he hiked to the Vigrid Roughlands.
~
OOC: Even though the war with the wolves may be taking place at that moment, Connor has friends there, and doesn't really mind the raging battle. Sometimes he even helps out with fending off intruders to the camp, or even leading raids to enemy camps.
~
Splitting off from the main path to the camp of the bears, Connor hiked through the other parts of the land. Then he saw it; a ravine that wasn't there before. Looking in, Connor saw all sorts of gears and whatnot. With a look of fear on his face, Connor fell to his knees.
OOC: Alrighty, sorry about that, Connor! I feel the same way, sometimes Scarlet calls my character 'Lizzie', and although it's fine with me, it's not my actual character's name and I would feel rude saying anything about. Alright, Connor it is!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
OOC: No problem, that gives me another excuse to show what a close group of friends The Golden Gryphon Crew was. Thanks for the help!
~
Lizzy smiled wide, extremely pleased by Warwick's pure delight. She shrugged. "It was a project that my friends and I decided to take on." Lizzy's eyes gazed over the ship, seeing herself and her crew working on the deck of a grimy galleon. "We got a galleon in exchange for a good deed we did, and we needed to fix her up. It was really fun to do," at this, Lizzy's memory saw her brother Andrew throwing soupy water at her, "and when the group split up they gave me the Galleon, knowing that I do the most travelling. You know, for libraries. I haven't used her very often, so I guess that's why she's in good condition. Excuse any dust you find."

Although she was certainly fond of The Golden Gryphon, Lizzy easily handed the wheel to one of the others and headed down the main hatch, walked down a hallway, and entered her room. She took in a deep breath, enjoying the sweet smell of parchment in the books that she had collected over the years. Lizzy sat on her hammock, not really knowing what to do with herself. For once in her life she didn't really feel like reading. She didn't have the proper ingredients to make anything, and she doubted the group would very much appreciate being forced to eat vegetarian just because of her own eating habits. She couldn't read, she couldn't cook, and she suspected that Warwick didn't want to talk to her. There was time for that later.

So, for now, Lizzy laid aimlessly in her hammock and waited for the rocky road up ahead known as a stormgate.
OOC: I get up and leave early, am I'm busy every single day of the week. xD I find time for everything, though...
-
In a matter of hours, Warwick had scurried up a mast and was repairing sails by hand. He loved the wind in his face and eyes. Before him was the first stormgate into Mooshu. Warwick climbed down the mast and fastened hatches. He hoped that nothing would tear or break in the violent whirlwind. As the wind sped to a dangerous level, he rushed into the galley, slamming the door behind him. He heard the sails rip and bits of the rails fly. The sounds made him cringe. Being docked for such a long time wasn't very good for the condition of the otherwise sturdy ship. When the ship surfaced in the stormgate passage, Warwick darted right out and began repairing things. The sails were hopelessly torn, leaving him to stitch by hand. The job would take many hours.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I get up and leave early, am I'm busy every single day of the week. xD I find time for everything, though...
-
In a matter of hours, Warwick had scurried up a mast and was repairing sails by hand. He loved the wind in his face and eyes. Before him was the first stormgate into Mooshu. Warwick climbed down the mast and fastened hatches. He hoped that nothing would tear or break in the violent whirlwind. As the wind sped to a dangerous level, he rushed into the galley, slamming the door behind him. He heard the sails rip and bits of the rails fly. The sounds made him cringe. Being docked for such a long time wasn't very good for the condition of the otherwise sturdy ship. When the ship surfaced in the stormgate passage, Warwick darted right out and began repairing things. The sails were hopelessly torn, leaving him to stitch by hand. The job would take many hours.
Lizzy felt rather green as her hammock slowly stopped swinging from the force of the stormgate. Ah, Mooshu. Such a peaceful and beautiful place to be, with so much nature and harmony, a place where spirits could roam free alongside the living, guiding them. She leaped above deck to get some fresh air and enjoy the scenery, quite taken aback to find Warwick looking rather glum as he sat on one of the beams holding up the sails. Lizzy gazed at the torn sails and sighed, and after first steering the ship into the windlane, scurried up the mast and on top of one of the sails near Warwick.
"Would you like some help?" She offered kindly, already picking up a piece of torn sail and reaching into her pouch for some stitching equipment. "This isn't the first time these sails have needed to be repaired, my friend."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Alex had remained quiet the majority of the trip. She brushed back her spiraled blackish brown curls of hair and continued to examine the light coral liquid in a glass beaker she held in her hand. The alchemist was so engrossed in the potion study that she didn't notice as a certain Witchdoctor with multiple hair colors fell off the mast...

"I WILL RULE YOU HUMANS- ow! Angel!" Trinity Nightingale glared and winced at the crack of the brown leather whip against her skin. She rubbed the spot on her arm where Angelika's weapon struck. "How did we get on this ship again?"

"One: quit being crazy, and two: teleportation. Duh." Angel rolled her eyes at the teal-eyed Witchdoctor's various remarks. "Who owns this ship- oh, hey Alex..." She seemed reluctant.

Alex, caught off guard, looked up. "Oh, it's you, Angel and Trinity... How did you-?"

"Teleportation."

(I'm sorry, couldn't resist! I. Love. Angel. And. Trinity. XD)

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy felt rather green as her hammock slowly stopped swinging from the force of the stormgate. Ah, Mooshu. Such a peaceful and beautiful place to be, with so much nature and harmony, a place where spirits could roam free alongside the living, guiding them. She leaped above deck to get some fresh air and enjoy the scenery, quite taken aback to find Warwick looking rather glum as he sat on one of the beams holding up the sails. Lizzy gazed at the torn sails and sighed, and after first steering the ship into the windlane, scurried up the mast and on top of one of the sails near Warwick.
"Would you like some help?" She offered kindly, already picking up a piece of torn sail and reaching into her pouch for some stitching equipment. "This isn't the first time these sails have needed to be repaired, my friend."
(not in character or joininng, sorry to butt in as well.) Elizabeth, I take you have never spent time on a ship. Hammocks are used aboard sailing ships because they DON'T sway back and forth. The hammock hangs from the ship, but stays still relative to gravity. In other words, while standing in the ship and looking at the hammock, the hammock will appear to sway back and forth, but really it is the ship that is moving, not the hammock. So, if Lizzy was feeling seasick (skysick?) in the stormgate, the best place for her to be would be in the hammock as then she would NOT feel the movement of the ship at all. The same thing happens with anything that hangs from the ship's interior for example, hanging lanterns.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
CdeWinter on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
(not in character or joininng, sorry to butt in as well.) Elizabeth, I take you have never spent time on a ship. Hammocks are used aboard sailing ships because they DON'T sway back and forth. The hammock hangs from the ship, but stays still relative to gravity. In other words, while standing in the ship and looking at the hammock, the hammock will appear to sway back and forth, but really it is the ship that is moving, not the hammock. So, if Lizzy was feeling seasick (skysick?) in the stormgate, the best place for her to be would be in the hammock as then she would NOT feel the movement of the ship at all. The same thing happens with anything that hangs from the ship's interior for example, hanging lanterns.
Oh dear, you are quite right. I hadn't even considered that! Hahaha I should really research this sort of thing. XD Thanks for letting me know. I was considering something else rather than the center of gravity that Lizzy's weight put on the hammock, which made it to where I thought her hammock was swaying from the movement of the ship in the stormgate when, rather, the ship was moving and she wasn't. Oops. You're right, the only time I've ever been on a ship was when my grandpa (whom I call Popi) and his direct family, and then me and one of my younger cousins went to spend a day on a humble boat with the hull size of a large car. That was the only time I ever spent on a boat, just a few hours, and I enjoyed it very much. Oddly enough I didn't get seasick (and yet I get car sick on a twenty-minute drive?) and when I went to bed later that night, I felt like I was floating on the ocean. A wondrous feeling, but I should do more research before I write about being on a ship.
~
Lizzy let out a yelp when she saw two strangers appear fairly close to her, which made her loose her balance and slide off of her sitting position on one of the poles supporting the sails. As terrified as she was, she hooked her feet together at the last moment and ended up hanging upside-down, looking at the deck of the ship far, far, below her. She gulped, then eyed the two strangers who had nearly killed her. "Welcome to the Golden Gryphon!" Lizzy said a little bit sarcastically. With the agility of Monkey King, she hooked both of her hands on one side, let go with her feet, and did a somersault that resembled a front-flip back into a standing position on top of the sail. Looking at Warwick's expression, she shrugged and said "It's a swashbuckler thing."

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: Are Angel/Trinity near where Wwk/Lizzy are?)
"Sure," Warwick grunted, clinging to the mast with his legs while he stitched a bit of the sail. The Mooshu breeze was practically perfect - light and warm - and the temperature wasn't as humid as Warwick had remembered.
"In order to get through the next stormgate, we'll need to manually steer the fins and strap the sails down," Warwick said, "Re-opened sail stitches are aggravating." Warwick finished a section and shinnied up the mast a little more (as a handy rope had been frayed in the stormgate) until he reached the crow's nest. He wasn't one for heights, but the view of Mooshu was just stunning. He could see Hamamitsu clearly through a few paper-thin clouds. Peaceful sky turtles flanked the ship, clicking to one another. A school of storm koi followed suit, zooming past the Golden Gryphon. Warwick smiled and cradled his head in his hands. The sky suited him, as it always had. After remaining stationary for some time, the Golden Gryphon was spurred back into action once the sails had been mended then taken down. Warwick had retreated to the lower decks, directing gigantic self-serving oars. He worked a pair himself in order to steer. As a privateer, his strength surpassed that of many others and he rowed with some difficulty. The work was comforting, though, and Warwick rowed with a smile.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
Alex had remained quiet the majority of the trip. She brushed back her spiraled blackish brown curls of hair and continued to examine the light coral liquid in a glass beaker she held in her hand. The alchemist was so engrossed in the potion study that she didn't notice as a certain Witchdoctor with multiple hair colors fell off the mast...

"I WILL RULE YOU HUMANS- ow! Angel!" Trinity Nightingale glared and winced at the crack of the brown leather whip against her skin. She rubbed the spot on her arm where Angelika's weapon struck. "How did we get on this ship again?"

"One: quit being crazy, and two: teleportation. Duh." Angel rolled her eyes at the teal-eyed Witchdoctor's various remarks. "Who owns this ship- oh, hey Alex..." She seemed reluctant.

Alex, caught off guard, looked up. "Oh, it's you, Angel and Trinity... How did you-?"

"Teleportation."

(I'm sorry, couldn't resist! I. Love. Angel. And. Trinity. XD)
Ratbeard:teleportation what is that ?telportation is when you can easily go somewhere .The witchdoctor said this class can use it anytime they need to .
What the heck it won't work
It doesn't work because you don't need to go anywhere
Oh
Ok nice
What now were back were we started
Oh great.
See you in the spiral

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
DS Devereaux on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
"Sure," Warwick grunted, clinging to the mast with his legs while he stitched a bit of the sail. The Mooshu breeze was practically perfect - light and warm - and the temperature wasn't as humid as Warwick had remembered.
"In order to get through the next stormgate, we'll need to manually steer the fins and strap the sails down," Warwick said, "Re-opened sail stitches are aggravating." Warwick finished a section and shinnied up the mast a little more (as a handy rope had been frayed in the stormgate) until he reached the crow's nest. He wasn't one for heights, but the view of Mooshu was just stunning. He could see Hamamitsu clearly through a few paper-thin clouds. Peaceful sky turtles flanked the ship, clicking to one another. A school of storm koi followed suit, zooming past the Golden Gryphon. Warwick smiled and cradled his head in his hands. The sky suited him, as it always had. After remaining stationary for some time, the Golden Gryphon was spurred back into action once the sails had been mended then taken down. Warwick had retreated to the lower decks, directing gigantic self-serving oars. He worked a pair himself in order to steer. As a privateer, his strength surpassed that of many others and he rowed with some difficulty. The work was comforting, though, and Warwick rowed with a smile.
(Yes. XD)

Angel turned to face Lizzy. "I'd assume this is your ship then? My apologies if Trinity and I have intruded." The German (I don't know the Spiral equivalent...) girl bowed respectfully at the Swashbuckler. "And such sarcasm isn't quite so welcoming." The Privateer grinned smugly and flipped back her short and choppy silvery hair before crossing her arms.

"Angel, quit messing with her... It's my job to be the crazy one!" Trinity glared at her friend and grumbled something about 'that's my job, don't steal it from me...'

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I believe they appeared in the crow's nest, although truly I have no idea and therefore tried not to mention it.
~
As Lizzy hung upside-down to fix the sails, she noticed that Warwick took a moment to pause and quite simply enjoy the gorgeous Mooshu scenery. Ah, so he is human. Lizzy thought with a giggle, finishing up on that section of the sail and then up-righting herself. She herself gazed at the pink sun and the beautiful mountains jutting out of the clear blue water far below. The clouds reflected the sun's light, and large yellow rays shone through and onto The Golden Gryphon. She gave a contented sigh, shoulders slumping ever so slightly in a relaxed way.

And then Warwick grounded her, informing her that they were going to have to manually direct the galleon into and out of the stormgate. She paled sharply and gulped, that brief moment of pure bliss immediately leaving. Lizzy wasn't entirely sure what she needed to do, but felt embarrassed asking Warwick what was required of her. She felt the need to help, but Lizzy didn't think she could help very much with anything. She sighed and swallowed her pride, walking over to where Warwick was rowing. "What do you need me to do-?" Lizzy caught herself just in time. She almost called him 'Captain'. Lizzy automatically felt extremely awkward, blushed, and rubbed the back of her neck while awaiting Warwick's answer, and through a window she spied the quickly approaching stormgate.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I believe they appeared in the crow's nest, although truly I have no idea and therefore tried not to mention it.
~
As Lizzy hung upside-down to fix the sails, she noticed that Warwick took a moment to pause and quite simply enjoy the gorgeous Mooshu scenery. Ah, so he is human. Lizzy thought with a giggle, finishing up on that section of the sail and then up-righting herself. She herself gazed at the pink sun and the beautiful mountains jutting out of the clear blue water far below. The clouds reflected the sun's light, and large yellow rays shone through and onto The Golden Gryphon. She gave a contented sigh, shoulders slumping ever so slightly in a relaxed way.

And then Warwick grounded her, informing her that they were going to have to manually direct the galleon into and out of the stormgate. She paled sharply and gulped, that brief moment of pure bliss immediately leaving. Lizzy wasn't entirely sure what she needed to do, but felt embarrassed asking Warwick what was required of her. She felt the need to help, but Lizzy didn't think she could help very much with anything. She sighed and swallowed her pride, walking over to where Warwick was rowing. "What do you need me to do-?" Lizzy caught herself just in time. She almost called him 'Captain'. Lizzy automatically felt extremely awkward, blushed, and rubbed the back of her neck while awaiting Warwick's answer, and through a window she spied the quickly approaching stormgate.
Warwick put the oars down. "Well," he started, "You can just hang back and enjoy the ride, for all it's worth," Warwick sighed, "I can do the job alright. If you'd like, you could make sure nothing flies off the ship mid-gate. You'll need to tie a rope to the mast and use it to stay on." Warwick hid his blistering palms underneath his legs. He squinted out towards the stormgate.
"I've never seen one like it," Warwick then said, falling off-topic, "It's beautiful. All frosty." The stormgate against the pink sky shone a brilliant cyan, reflecting the sun's light into Warwick's face. The pendant and locket on his neck immediately gravitated towards it. Warwick sighed and re-positioned himself on the uncomfortable wooden bench, rowing the massive oars. His mother had always wanted him to be a buccaneer due to his strength, though the allure of the intelligence and (OOC: Warwick is a little biased. More fun with this later.) strategy coming from a Privateer's expertise won him over to specialize in boosting his skills and recruiting others quickly. The skills paid off quickly in the Marleybonian Navy.
As the Golden Gryphon neared the stormgate, Warwick felt it begin to rumble a little. His face dropped.
"I'm not sure she can take a very hard hit," Warwick realized, "And there's a reason why people don't come through here, isn't there?" Warwick's strokes were tough and labored. "You'll need to keep the sails tied down. Go!" Warwick barked the last command with the familiar aggressive tone closest to yelling over muskets in the navy. It suited Warwick well but would make the next normal person a little threatened. Warwick continued rowing.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
Warwick put the oars down. "Well," he started, "You can just hang back and enjoy the ride, for all it's worth," Warwick sighed, "I can do the job alright. If you'd like, you could make sure nothing flies off the ship mid-gate. You'll need to tie a rope to the mast and use it to stay on." Warwick hid his blistering palms underneath his legs. He squinted out towards the stormgate.
"I've never seen one like it," Warwick then said, falling off-topic, "It's beautiful. All frosty." The stormgate against the pink sky shone a brilliant cyan, reflecting the sun's light into Warwick's face. The pendant and locket on his neck immediately gravitated towards it. Warwick sighed and re-positioned himself on the uncomfortable wooden bench, rowing the massive oars. His mother had always wanted him to be a buccaneer due to his strength, though the allure of the intelligence and (OOC: Warwick is a little biased. More fun with this later.) strategy coming from a Privateer's expertise won him over to specialize in boosting his skills and recruiting others quickly. The skills paid off quickly in the Marleybonian Navy.
As the Golden Gryphon neared the stormgate, Warwick felt it begin to rumble a little. His face dropped.
"I'm not sure she can take a very hard hit," Warwick realized, "And there's a reason why people don't come through here, isn't there?" Warwick's strokes were tough and labored. "You'll need to keep the sails tied down. Go!" Warwick barked the last command with the familiar aggressive tone closest to yelling over muskets in the navy. It suited Warwick well but would make the next normal person a little threatened. Warwick continued rowing.
Lizzy jumped from Warwick's bark, truly resembling a cat, and scurried up to the deck once more, doing exactly as Warwick had said. Tying down the equipment took longer than she thought it would, and The Golden Gryphon was almost upon the frosty stormgate when she finished. She could already see Grizzleheim. Lizzy stared at it in frozen awe as the ship loomed ever closer to it, but she remained still in admiring the beauty of the stormgate.
And then it struck her.
She was on the deck of an old ship about to plunge into the depths of a stormgate!
Lizzy yelped and darted bellow deck, clutching the wooden beams and the bookshelves in her room, greatly appreciating the enchantment that her brother had put on the bookshelves to prevent the books from falling over. She gulped and began breathing more quickly. This was actually happening! She was going back to Grizzleheim! She braced herself as she spied the last of Mooshu's pink clouds.
But she couldn't have braced hard enough. As soon as they entered the stormgate, the ship was battered and rammed from the intensity, throwing Lizzy across the room and into the opposite wall. Lizzy gasped for breath, for her back had hit the wall flat and struck the air out of her. As soon as she regained her breath, she leaped onto the agility training-bars bolted to the ceiling and stayed hanging there like a bat until the movement of the ship was over, which was no easy task. Her knuckles turned white and her legs hurt from being looped uncomfortably, but the worst of it was over, and they were smoothly sailing towards the docks of Northguard.
"YES!!!" Lizzy whooped, dropping from the ceiling and quickly changing into her old Grizzleheim armor, preparing herself for the cold as she already saw frost growing on the window. As soon as they had docked, Lizzy ran out of her cabin, found Warwick, and gave him a great big hug. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!" She squealed with pure joy, jumping up and down. Before Warwick could respond, Lizzy was already running top speed in the direction of the market. One of the first bears she saw was a rather large silver bear, a fair expression on his face as he browsed for some new armor for himself.
"Brother Bear!" Lizzy yelled, tackling her adoptive brother into a 'bear' hug.
"Elizabeth?" The great silver bear put on a quizzical expression as he picked up Lizzy with one arm and held her by the collar away from him so that he could properly examine her. "It really is you!" He clutched her tightly to himself, nearly crushing her rib cage from his strength.
"Too-tight-!" Lizzy wheezed, and she was immediately dropped to the ground by the bear, who now wore an apologetic look.
"Welcome back." He said with a grin.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy jumped from Warwick's bark, truly resembling a cat, and scurried up to the deck once more, doing exactly as Warwick had said. Tying down the equipment took longer than she thought it would, and The Golden Gryphon was almost upon the frosty stormgate when she finished. She could already see Grizzleheim. Lizzy stared at it in frozen awe as the ship loomed ever closer to it, but she remained still in admiring the beauty of the stormgate.
And then it struck her.
She was on the deck of an old ship about to plunge into the depths of a stormgate!
Lizzy yelped and darted bellow deck, clutching the wooden beams and the bookshelves in her room, greatly appreciating the enchantment that her brother had put on the bookshelves to prevent the books from falling over. She gulped and began breathing more quickly. This was actually happening! She was going back to Grizzleheim! She braced herself as she spied the last of Mooshu's pink clouds.
But she couldn't have braced hard enough. As soon as they entered the stormgate, the ship was battered and rammed from the intensity, throwing Lizzy across the room and into the opposite wall. Lizzy gasped for breath, for her back had hit the wall flat and struck the air out of her. As soon as she regained her breath, she leaped onto the agility training-bars bolted to the ceiling and stayed hanging there like a bat until the movement of the ship was over, which was no easy task. Her knuckles turned white and her legs hurt from being looped uncomfortably, but the worst of it was over, and they were smoothly sailing towards the docks of Northguard.
"YES!!!" Lizzy whooped, dropping from the ceiling and quickly changing into her old Grizzleheim armor, preparing herself for the cold as she already saw frost growing on the window. As soon as they had docked, Lizzy ran out of her cabin, found Warwick, and gave him a great big hug. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!" She squealed with pure joy, jumping up and down. Before Warwick could respond, Lizzy was already running top speed in the direction of the market. One of the first bears she saw was a rather large silver bear, a fair expression on his face as he browsed for some new armor for himself.
"Elizabeth?" The great silver bear put on a quizzical expression as he picked up Lizzy with one arm and held her by the collar away from him so that he could properly examine her. "It really is you!" He clutched her tightly to himself, nearly crushing her rib cage from his strength.
"Too-tight-!" Lizzy wheezed, and she was immediately dropped to the ground by the bear, who now wore an apologetic look.
"You're-" Warwick stammered, watching Lizzy run off, "-you're welcome." Warwick's arms felt numb from steering, as the stormgate truly tested his strength. Warwick followed Lizzy out at a slower pace, feeling the chill of Grizzleheim once he had left the heat of the ship. The cold stung him right away, and his scale armor felt cold against his skin. Warwick folded his arms and disembarked the Golden Gryphon with his breath more and more visible in the space around him the farther he went. A gargantuan bear on its back two paws approached Warwick.
"The makings of a proper skeppare, you have," he commented, "I am Valdus, and you may call me just that." Warwick remembered what his general had said of Grizzleheim. A skeppare was a captain of sorts.
"I am Captain Warwick Orleans of Marleybone," Warwick said, almost putting his hand on his armor if he hadn't remembered how cold it was.
"Captain?" the bear repeated, "How...noble. Here, take this." From his own shoulders, Valdus removed a thick fur, draping it over Warwick's own shoulders. "I am too a...a captain. It is only custom for them to wear such furs." (OOC: I'm making this all up. If it's historically incorrect, just let me know. I needed Warwick to warm up.) Warwick nodded and held the fur around him. It made more of a cape than a neck-warmer, in his opinion. The bear dipped its head to Warwick, who responded with a salute. He then caught up to Lizzy.
"You've made friends," he murmured, responding to the tell-tale bear hug that Lizzy received.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
And then it struck her.
"Oh wow...." Alex's smile grew as she took a single glance at the horizon, the rolling emerald valleys dappled by evergreens and other beautiful trees, a rainbow bridge connecting a floating island with a strange door and the rest of Northguard. A large log fortress was built around a wooden castle and marketplace, and the Alchemist suddenly felt a breeze of coldness envelop her. She shuddered as she noted the clumps of snow dotting the land and coating the trees in the alabaster material. But what really caught her eye was the herbs. Plants. Everything she could need for the alchemy practices! But one little problem still lingered- her dress was not fit for the cold of Grizzleheim, as it had been made to survive the carribean sun of Skull Island.

Trinity and Angel exchanged a glance, a troubled look, before Trinity spoke. "I have to admit, this planet is rather pretty.... But my planet was better!" She provided a triumphant look before receiving a slap across the face from Angel. "What was that for?!"

"Be kind to this land." Angel ordered.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
"You're-" Warwick stammered, watching Lizzy run off, "-you're welcome." Warwick's arms felt numb from steering, as the stormgate truly tested his strength. Warwick followed Lizzy out at a slower pace, feeling the chill of Grizzleheim once he had left the heat of the ship. The cold stung him right away, and his scale armor felt cold against his skin. Warwick folded his arms and disembarked the Golden Gryphon with his breath more and more visible in the space around him the farther he went. A gargantuan bear on its back two paws approached Warwick.
"The makings of a proper skeppare, you have," he commented, "I am Valdus, and you may call me just that." Warwick remembered what his general had said of Grizzleheim. A skeppare was a captain of sorts.
"I am Captain Warwick Orleans of Marleybone," Warwick said, almost putting his hand on his armor if he hadn't remembered how cold it was.
"Captain?" the bear repeated, "How...noble. Here, take this." From his own shoulders, Valdus removed a thick fur, draping it over Warwick's own shoulders. "I am too a...a captain. It is only custom for them to wear such furs." (OOC: I'm making this all up. If it's historically incorrect, just let me know. I needed Warwick to warm up.) Warwick nodded and held the fur around him. It made more of a cape than a neck-warmer, in his opinion. The bear dipped its head to Warwick, who responded with a salute. He then caught up to Lizzy.
"You've made friends," he murmured, responding to the tell-tale bear hug that Lizzy received.
OOC: To be honest, I don't know very much about vikings, besides that they're a large contributor to the way our English plural words are spoken today. It seems like it would be fairly accurate and believable to me, but I'm not entirely sure if that's correct or not.
~
Lizzy beamed as she stepped away from the huge bear. "Yep. This is my brother, I call him Brother Bear but his name is Soldat." Lizzy stepped back and allowed her brother and her friend to introduce themselves, and as she did she caught side of Alex.

She smiled and strided over to Alex, breathing in the wonderfully crisp mountain air and gazing at the rainbow bridge. When she reached Alex, she took off her fur cape and wrapped it around her friend. "This will keep you warm for the time being, I'll let you borrow some of my Grizzleheim garments when I get a chance." Lizzy couldn't stop smiling, and she lifted her head to gaze at the stars and the wispy clouds.

Thank goodness for Trinity, Lizzy didn't hear what she said.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Warwick started straying from the group. Northguard was abuzz with the daily trade and the local folk were just too interesting for Warwick to ignore. He found it rather precious that most sales were sealed through trade. Warwick realized that he needed something to give back to Valdus when he got the chance. Warwick started off on a beaten trail that crossed a roaring river. He picked a twig from the ground up and let it fall in the river, moving with the current until it toppled over a waterfall. He continued walking until he saw two paths: The continuation of the path towards what at least smelled like a camp, and a gargantuan gate.
Warwick thought for a moment and approached the gate. He heard the sound of catapult fire and the sound of fraying wood associated. He smiled, mind brimming with ideas, and pulled the gate open, speeding through.

OOC: Warwick: dangerously playful

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
OOC: To be honest, I don't know very much about vikings, besides that they're a large contributor to the way our English plural words are spoken today. It seems like it would be fairly accurate and believable to me, but I'm not entirely sure if that's correct or not.
~
Lizzy beamed as she stepped away from the huge bear. "Yep. This is my brother, I call him Brother Bear but his name is Soldat." Lizzy stepped back and allowed her brother and her friend to introduce themselves, and as she did she caught side of Alex.

She smiled and strided over to Alex, breathing in the wonderfully crisp mountain air and gazing at the rainbow bridge. When she reached Alex, she took off her fur cape and wrapped it around her friend. "This will keep you warm for the time being, I'll let you borrow some of my Grizzleheim garments when I get a chance." Lizzy couldn't stop smiling, and she lifted her head to gaze at the stars and the wispy clouds.

Thank goodness for Trinity, Lizzy didn't hear what she said.
Trinity adjusted her black leather jacket and crossed her arms, still unimpressed by Grizzleheim, which earned her another slap across the face from Angelika. Trinity shut up after the third slap Angel soon gave her after Trinity almost slapped back. It ended what almost became a slapping war between the duo of a Privateer and a crazy Witchdoctor. Slap war. (OOC: #(hashtag)slapwar)

Alex's eyes lit up and a smile appeared on her face as Lizzy gave her the fur cape. "Thank you, Lizzy, such kindness as usual," the alchemist thanked the blonde swashbuckler. "And if I may add, I'm looking forward to entering the marketplace to see if I can find some clothing that suits my preferences." The brunette bowed respectfully to Soldat, her innocent smile widening a little. "Pleasure to meet you," she greeted the bear Lizzy considered her brother.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
Trinity adjusted her black leather jacket and crossed her arms, still unimpressed by Grizzleheim, which earned her another slap across the face from Angelika. Trinity shut up after the third slap Angel soon gave her after Trinity almost slapped back. It ended what almost became a slapping war between the duo of a Privateer and a crazy Witchdoctor. Slap war. (OOC: #(hashtag)slapwar)

Alex's eyes lit up and a smile appeared on her face as Lizzy gave her the fur cape. "Thank you, Lizzy, such kindness as usual," the alchemist thanked the blonde swashbuckler. "And if I may add, I'm looking forward to entering the marketplace to see if I can find some clothing that suits my preferences." The brunette bowed respectfully to Soldat, her innocent smile widening a little. "Pleasure to meet you," she greeted the bear Lizzy considered her brother.
OOC: *snicker* we should make these hashtags a regular thing! Who knows, maybe #slapwar will become the thing that Angel and Trinity are known for, similar to a certain dance judge's #HotTamaleTrain?
~
"No problem..." Lizzy responded, obviously distracted by the sight of Warwick's receding back. For a brief moment her limbs felt light in the mindset to follow him, but Lizzy decided against it and let Warwick have some time to himself. Instead, hardly noticing the slap war, (OOC: #slapwar) she walked away from the group like she was in a trance, marching to the Vigrid Roughlands is search of Connor.

After some wandering around, Lizzy came across the shrouded form of Connor crouched by the side of a ravine. Wait a minute... that ravine wasn't there before! Lizzy rushed forward beside Connor and peered into the ravine, gasping at what she saw. As soon as she had taken a good look, Elizabeth fell to the ground hard and stared into the ravine, an empty look in her eyes. "Oh... no..." she murmured, too shocked to say anything else. She sat there, frozen, until finally she buried her head in her hands and cried, shoulders jumping and faint sobbing sounds escaping from her small, shivering frame.