Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Commonly Requested Additions to Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
Another idea is that you can buy more benching things

Long live the resistance!

Kevin Zest

Petty Officer
Nov 15, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
Hello,

Since we seem to be repeating ourselves, I'm starting this thread to keep track of commonly requested features for Pirate101 and linking to the major threads that discuss these topics. This list does not guarantee any of these systems or features will be implemented into the game. The only purpose of this thread is to help organize these requests into one master thread:

Updated
PvP (**Added Practice PvP 11 December 2012-- More to come!)
More housing capacity (**Increased housing capacity to 200 indoors and outdoors! -- Housing Elixirs!)
Holiday Content (**Yuletide items added to the Crown Shop! -- ** Springtime Pets -- **Birth-o-ween -- More to come!)
Add Furniture as Loot Drops (**Furniture added as drops throughout the game!)
Card Packs (**Tribal Crew Pack added 1/17/2013)
Pet Store (**Pets for Gold were added to the Crown Shop 2/28/2013)
Better Companion Management (**Benching system implemented 2/28/2013)
Better Power Management (**Power Management system added 2/28/2013)
Better hat for Ratbeard's final promotion (**Better hat added 2/28/2013)
Clothing Stitching (**Eloise Merryweather arrived in The Spiral on 3/27/2013)
Bazaar/Auction House (**Bazaar added 5/23/2013)
Add Mounts for Gold (**Don Ready appeared 5/23/2013)
More Female Companions (**Gracie Conrad, Zeena (Eagle Archer), and Serpent Augur added 5/23/2013 -- **Lady Centaur Companion in Empire Bundle -- more to come!)
Class Specific Housing (**Class Houses added 7/18/2013)
Gifting through Crown Shop (**Gifting added 7/18/2013)
Add Smashy and Stabby weapons to the Crown Shop (**New in the Crown Shop 5/12/2014)
Preview House Button (**New button in the Crown Shop 5/12/2014)
Allow pets and mounts to roam free in houses (**Let your pets be free -- 5/12/2014)
Totem Stitching (**New Accessory Slot that is stitchable 5/12/2014)
Flag/Companion Dyeing (Added to vendor in the Bazaar Sept. 2014 Update)
Captain's Quarters on Ship (Added Dec. 2014 Update)
~~
Commonly Requested
Add mannequins to housing
Ship PvP
Music player
(This is a work in progress -- thanks!)
how you lose your eye? you never said how.

i would like to have the Ability to buy Certain companions for gold.

like Milo the rat. would be 100,00 gold and you would need to lvl him up at promote him

[lvl 53 musketeer]

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
I think that they should have optional dungeons that would give everyone rare drops and it would give a lot of gold and drops

Petty Officer
Nov 15, 2012
Hello,

Since we seem to be repeating ourselves, I'm starting this thread to keep track of commonly requested features for Pirate101 and linking to the major threads that discuss these topics. This list does not guarantee any of these systems or features will be implemented into the game. The only purpose of this thread is to help organize these requests into one master thread:

Updated
More housing capacity (**Increased housing capacity to 200 indoors and outdoors! -- Housing Elixirs!)
Holiday Content (**Yuletide items added to the Crown Shop! -- ** Springtime Pets -- **Birth-o-ween -- More to come!)
More Female Companions (**Gracie Conrad, Zeena (Eagle Archer), and Serpent Augur added 5/23/2013 -- **Lady Centaur Companion in Empire Bundle -- more to come!)
Add Smashy and Stabby weapons to the Crown Shop (**New in the Crown Shop 5/12/2014)
Allow pets and mounts to roam free in houses (**Let your pets be free -- 5/12/2014)
~~
Commonly Requested
Ship PvP
Music player
hey Rat Beard can you plz add the ability to change our presidio companions like put them in our storage so you can share with your other pirates instead of needing to make a new pirate.

couse i'm a lvl [55 musketeer] and i think it would be cool to add the Ability to take companions from your pirates and gives them to your other wi'll you can take one of there's :) and can we plz be able to buy certain companions from crown shop with gold plz? that would be really cool to see and be able to do :)

Ensign
Jun 26, 2013
your first companion should reflect what world you grew up in, and then be altered further when you choose your class. like for example, if you grew up on skull island, you'd get a warf rat or mouse. then if say you chose musketeer, you'd get one of those male mice with the guns and dagger. this way, there is more variation between companions.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Chase Donnely on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
your first companion should reflect what world you grew up in, and then be altered further when you choose your class. like for example, if you grew up on skull island, you'd get a warf rat or mouse. then if say you chose musketeer, you'd get one of those male mice with the guns and dagger. this way, there is more variation between companions.
Yes, I would love to have a Gremlin companion from Grizzleheim. XD

Ensign
Jun 26, 2013
Ensign
Jun 26, 2013
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Chase Donnely on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Sarcasm?
No, of course not! I truly honestly would love to have a grendal (forgot what they were called, so before I just called them gremlins) mostly because my character is from Grizzleheim. Also I imagine they would make an excellent addition to a fight, considering that in w101 I had a hard as heck time trying to fight them. Good grief, those things scare me! I was not being sarcastic, I truly meant that it would be awesome to have a 'gremlin' pet. I would name mine Gizmo.

~Elizabeth, level 26 ~

Ensign
May 25, 2009
My witchdoctor, Reckless Ronan, is now maxed at level 65. I am only up to the Feast for Eagilles in Aquila. Would love to continue, but I am no longer gaining experience. I assume at some point you will be adding more content/worlds/skyways and allowing higher levels, so I am stopping and using a different character class.

Could you also add some sea fortresses? There are some in Coopers Roost, Tumbleweed perhaps? But would love to see more elsewhere that can lock on to and fire upon multiple targets for those of us that like to gang up on ships, it would provide a little more of a challenge.

Want to see some sales for mounts in gold as well. I bought bengal tiger, lion, lioness, and broom in Wizard 101 all with gold. Even if it were the pony, that would at least be something, although I'd love to have the lobster or batacuda, but actual dollar cost being about 15 bucks seems a bit steep to me.

Ensign
Jun 26, 2013
Just Add Bacon on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
No, of course not! I truly honestly would love to have a grendal (forgot what they were called, so before I just called them gremlins) mostly because my character is from Grizzleheim. Also I imagine they would make an excellent addition to a fight, considering that in w101 I had a hard as heck time trying to fight them. Good grief, those things scare me! I was not being sarcastic, I truly meant that it would be awesome to have a 'gremlin' pet. I would name mine Gizmo.

~Elizabeth, level 26 ~
well, I was thinking more a bear buccaneer or a crow witchdoctor or something, but ok

Ensign
Aug 02, 2008
I'd like to see the Pets/Companions in housing thread unlocked...

I LOVE the suggestion made there of having housing 'icons' for your pets and companions that you can drop in your home to have them appear even just to hang out...

Thank you for this one-stop-shopping list, Jack! You do an amazing job keeping this place humming!

Ensign
Jun 26, 2013
so, a dingy, that your first mate rows, and your pet sleeps on a barrel, and your flag is on it too

Ensign
Apr 26, 2011
Would love to see another card pack please.... Been awhile since you added the tribal. So thought to suggest a new pack?

Ensign
Jun 26, 2013
seriously, when are they gonna add housing previews?

Ensign
Mar 26, 2011
I'd like to have some of the more tedious badges improved. For example, the ones where you have to defeat the troggy chief with the really long name and gortez 25 times. That's a bit much. I think you should make it 10 times, and have gortez re-fightable so you don't have to do the dungeon all over again. Also, battling enemy ships can get a bit tedious as well. Is it really nessecary to have you sink the same ship 12 times just to get a quest to sink more ships just to advance? Anything you have to do more than 6 times in a row will get very boring very fast. Thanks for listening, and I hope you implement my suggestions.

- Merciless Hunter Bowman, Musketeer

P.S. The lack of a house preview button really is a problem. I know you'll implement that soon, but I really am looking forward to it.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Hello,

Updated
~~
Commonly Requested
Ship PvP
Music player
Hey Jack!! C. Chrissy has more yars than ya! lol

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
GraverobberTX on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
I'd like to see the Pets/Companions in housing thread unlocked...

I LOVE the suggestion made there of having housing 'icons' for your pets and companions that you can drop in your home to have them appear even just to hang out...

Thank you for this one-stop-shopping list, Jack! You do an amazing job keeping this place humming!
Nice, your really on to something there. I knew people were asking about placing pets and mounts in their houses like on Wizard101, but to do the same thing with companions would be amazing and could actually be helpful. Like how you can bench companions you don't want to see in battle, you could place more of these "undesired" companions in your house. I would love to be able to do that in Pirate101.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Blaze Moonspear on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
I'd like to have some of the more tedious badges improved. For example, the ones where you have to defeat the troggy chief with the really long name and gortez 25 times. That's a bit much. I think you should make it 10 times, and have gortez re-fightable so you don't have to do the dungeon all over again. Also, battling enemy ships can get a bit tedious as well. Is it really nessecary to have you sink the same ship 12 times just to get a quest to sink more ships just to advance? Anything you have to do more than 6 times in a row will get very boring very fast. Thanks for listening, and I hope you implement my suggestions.

- Merciless Hunter Bowman, Musketeer

P.S. The lack of a house preview button really is a problem. I know you'll implement that soon, but I really am looking forward to it.
Arr you talking about epp-ork-ah-ah?

Ensign
May 25, 2009
If it's not here yet, I would like to see a pvp zone where we can have major fleet battles.

I would love to see some new classes, or the ability to dual class. As well as the ability to choose what powers we use, and not have them be random as they are now. I hate having to cycle through twice before i get anything really useful. A 1x attack isn't much good when you're in Aquila.

And of course, I need higher levels to be allowed, stuck at the Feast for Eagilles, not wasting experience just to beat the area.

Able Aedan Ainsley(M) (maxed at 65, nautical currently 54); Reckless Ronan (W) (maxed on both counts), Reckless Rogan (B) (level 11), Merciless Mark (P) (level 10)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Fickle Finnigan Fi... on Oct 13, 2013 wrote:
If it's not here yet, I would like to see a pvp zone where we can have major fleet battles.

I would love to see some new classes, or the ability to dual class. As well as the ability to choose what powers we use, and not have them be random as they are now. I hate having to cycle through twice before i get anything really useful. A 1x attack isn't much good when you're in Aquila.

And of course, I need higher levels to be allowed, stuck at the Feast for Eagilles, not wasting experience just to beat the area.

Able Aedan Ainsley(M) (maxed at 65, nautical currently 54); Reckless Ronan (W) (maxed on both counts), Reckless Rogan (B) (level 11), Merciless Mark (P) (level 10)
Just in case you missed it, here is the Feb update notes with explanation of rearranging your powers to help get the ones you want up sooner. It isn't new news but a refresher read can't hurt. It is not foolproof but I keep all my 1x powers on the second page at the bottom and it really helps to keep them out of the first round. Like I said, it's probably not quite the answer you are hoping for as with me, frequently the power I have in the number one slot doesn't show up until the third round, they generally show up faster.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Not sure if it would even be possible(although with the brilliant minds at KI, it shouldn't be a proplem), but I would love to see something like random epic quests that rewarded you with gear/weapons for your player's current level and class. The quests would be triggered randomly by a companion saying that they heard rumor(s) of epic treasures and you would be sent off on a "wild goose chase". By random I mean it could happen in any world with any non-essential NPC being the quest holder (as far as pointing you in the right direction).

The gear dropped could be totally random but would always be at your current level (rounded up to nearest 5) and would always be specific to your pirate's class. There could be a ton of options on amazing new weapons and gear (maybe even special companions or rescuing an ultra rare mount/pet quests) and since the quests and the rewards would be random, no two pirates would end up with the same experience.

As is, everyone knows where to get the more rare weapons and gear, it's just a matter of getting the right drop. These random quests would create a more unique playing experience with not nearly all maxed out pirates owning the same gear. The quests could be made more difficult and challenging by taking away the quest arrow and really making you use hints/clues to discover the location of the epic treasures or maybe epically long dungeons to truly make you earn the rewards. This could also keep the game fresh for maxed out players who are simply "buying time" till new content is added.

Just imagine being level 65 and after days of the "same old same" you hear El Toro say:

"Captain, strange winds seem to be blowing, for I have stumbled upon something of epic importance. Trust me you are going to want to take heed!"

Or maybe even the quests could be contained in messages in bottles, randomly floating at sea (I mean skyway?).

Thanks for listening, sorry reply is so long!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
This may have already been suggested, but it would be nice for quests to be more organized. Maybe even have a sort option where you could sort by order acquired, world or location acquired or by amount of gold and/or XP points rewarded. Sometimes it gets a little tedious scrolling through 15 or so pages (if you happen to be focusing on main quests but picking up every other side quest along the way) to find a certain quest.

Maybe the menu option could even be used for badges to make it easier to sort through 45+ pages.

Also, one thing that can be a tiny bit bothersome is when you finish the first part of a 3 or 4 part quest (mainly side quests) and you are automatically assigned back to the main quest instead of having game follow next part of the sidequest you just finished. If you are not paying complete attention you can end up in totally different world than where you intended due to accidently following wrong quest.

Awesome game KI, keep up the good work!

Thanks,
- Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen (level 65 Buccaneer)

Ensign
Apr 11, 2010
You should sell the Empire Bundle online!

Ensign
Oct 28, 2013
Please take away time limits when you log out in a dungeon! I'm on the dungeon where you get the Yellow Windstone for Marleybone, and thanks to my busy Thanksgiving day, I've had to re-do it 3 or so times
PLZ KI HEAR MY PLEA!!!

-Leo, level 52