Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your Favorite Companion?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 10, 2010
My most favorite companion in the game currently is Kobe YoJimbo!

He is an awesome Bull Samoori, his Crown Brother Wagyu or as I call him WagE is a very worthy purchase from the crown shop. He starts with First strike and later on, I train him in relentless twice, then riposte!

My second favorite companion is Kan Po, who is also a very worthy companion as well as his crown counterpart. He starts with Riposte, which I later get riposte 2 and Relentless twice, and he gets a heal.

What is your favorite companion and why?

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
Ahoy there Darthjt:

My two favorites remain Old Scratch, and Bonnie Anne. Though I have to say, I have a good feeling about my new bison spirit companion. I'll have to see how that develops.

Say hi if you see me in the skies.

Merciless Mariah Moone, L20
Bloody Scarlet Everhart, L15 (beta L53)
Corrupt Cole Chamberlain, L15

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
Ratbeard. He tells it how it is.

The storyline wouldn't be the same without him.

Ensign
Aug 08, 2012
Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
The Skarakeet Nikeeta is unquestionably my favourite companion. Aside from being powerful, with "Second Chance", is there really any attack more amusing to watch than "DoomPoop"?

Having "second Chance" and "DoomPoop" attack also makes the skarakeet my favourite pet.

Community Leader
Bonnie Anne

I can keep her in the background range firing while my swashbuckler goes up front. Plus she looks great after she has her second promotion.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
Mine would have to be Bonnie Anne as well.

I love the range attack. Also the "reduce dodge" attack she has.
Be able to reduce the foe's ability to dodge helps a great deal.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Kobe and Kan Po (and their crown versions) are two of my favorites. You get those two in a battles, and the enemies start screaming and running away.

My ultimate favorite, just on pure character is ....... EL TORO. He's so full of bull (pun intended). He's arrogant, his voice over and comments are fantastic. When he gets his promotion, I laugh every time when I hear him talk about catching a fish with his bare hands. By far, my favorite companion quest.

Ensign
Oct 09, 2011
Bonnie Anne would have to be number one because after I got her burst x2 she can literally (if luck prevails) one-round mobs.

So far for looks it would be a toss up with Fin Dorsal and the evil undead monkey evil musketeer from the crown shop who's name escapes me at the moment.

Did wonder why Fin Dorsal costs more crowns then the others....im guessing that is based on looks? Unless im reading something wrong his stats alone do not merit anything extra.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Hehe, my new favorite is Dave, the Swashbuckler cat. My top companion otherwise is still Milo Greytail.

However, I believe with the character I started, I may no longer get him, because I chose the wrong death for my parents. Very unfortunate. I am hoping I can purchase Greytail and recruit him with crowns. :P

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
docangel on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Bonnie Anne would have to be number one because after I got her burst x2 she can literally (if luck prevails) one-round mobs.

So far for looks it would be a toss up with Fin Dorsal and the evil undead monkey evil musketeer from the crown shop who's name escapes me at the moment.

Did wonder why Fin Dorsal costs more crowns then the others....im guessing that is based on looks? Unless im reading something wrong his stats alone do not merit anything extra.
I believe the higher costing crown shop companions are the ones who are generally better in fights and/or have promotion quests. Fin dorsal and eep opp ork ah-ah are 2 such cases of this.

Anyway, I have allot of favorites. One would have to be old scratch not only because he can hit hard and hit multiple enemies at once (provided the game allows him to hit that is; miss one you miss all) but I also like his back-story, as he starts out as a bad guy corrupted by power but then as you go along he atones for his mistakes by avenging his master papa legbones and facing and beating the one that gave him his power in the first place, the dark crawler in the spirit world.

I also like Epp opp ork ah-ah as not only does he look cool, but his strength overall plus assassin's mist makes him a force to be reckoned with.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
my favorite is kung yao a ninja pig with armor he takes out anything in one attack round he is a swashbuckler level 19 he has rentless first strike and flanking he hits like all three when he attacks.

Administrator
I know the Batacuda isn't the best companion at all, but . . . I totally love the "take that" pose it does with its wings after defeating an enemy . . . that's all.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
Ruby Blades on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
Ahoy there Darthjt:

My two favorites remain Old Scratch, and Bonnie Anne. Though I have to say, I have a good feeling about my new bison spirit companion. I'll have to see how that develops.

Say hi if you see me in the skies.

Merciless Mariah Moone, L20
Bloody Scarlet Everhart, L15 (beta L53)
Corrupt Cole Chamberlain, L15
Same here. I like the design of Old Scratch and, having just updated Bonnie Anne, am really enjoying her beefed up usefullness.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
I love the constant bickering back and forth between Ratbeard & Bonnie Anne. I have to put Bonnie's keen eyes up in the crows nest and Ratbeard below decks manning the cannons just to keep from yelling "Knock it off, you two, or I swear I'll turn this ship right back around to Puerto Mico!" You'd think they were brother and sister as much as they love to argue with each other.

Favorite "victory move" so far - Kobe Yojimbo dropping to one knee for a Tebow-esque moment of prayer.

Thank you, KingsIsle, for giving each and every Companion large and small a distinct personality, for making them all so much more than just units and stats, and for not forgetting the "role-playing" in MMORPG.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
May 17, 2011
My favorite is Bonnie Anne since she has been with me from the beginning, is awesome, and has so much personality. My second favorite is Sarah Steele, as I myself Fence and have corrected my footwork after seeing how she lunges in a critical hit. And she is also awesome. Those are my two favorites and I am going to write a fan fiction about them soon.

-Dark Amber Nightingale

Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
On victory move: Its got to be the Cat companion. That dance still tickles me. Ill be glad when hes fixed so I can put him back in the top 5 or so and maybe he will appear.

Usefulness: Bonnie Anne after her upgrade with a close second to Po (the goat) for melee. After his upgrade he is like the melee side of Bonne except he has a dodge response. He has been moved to 2nd only behind Bonnie.

Ensign
Apr 10, 2010
My favorite companion for my witchdoctor has to be the flying monquistidor of course. Always wanted to have a flying monkey. :)

Ensign
Feb 26, 2012
My favorite is Thunder Hoof he is a bison buccaneer

~Fearless John Bowman Buccaneer~

Ensign
Dec 28, 2008
Oooh this is a tricky one. I like all of my companions really (well expect my Crab Companion and my Monquistian Companions), but if I were to chose...I would pick either Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard, Sarah Steele, Subodai, Froggo Villa (I probably spelled it wrong) or my Ninja Companion. It's really hard to chose. They are strong, useful in combat and have unique character designs.

Ensign
Aug 28, 2010
ZoeyDawn999 on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
Oooh this is a tricky one. I like all of my companions really (well expect my Crab Companion and my Monquistian Companions), but if I were to chose...I would pick either Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard, Sarah Steele, Subodai, Froggo Villa (I probably spelled it wrong) or my Ninja Companion. It's really hard to chose. They are strong, useful in combat and have unique character designs.
hmmm, i'm actually a big fan of the little monkeys, they may not always be the best on the field but they can be incredibly awesome when they want to be.

Ensign
Dec 20, 2008
My favorites are Froggo Villa and Sarah Stelle as companions

Community Leader
Thanks to being part of Beta, we've had various types of pirates and therefore various companions.

I settled on a Swashbuckler for my main character in the live version of Pirate because I adore Subodai. In her Pirate story: Victoria's parents were victims of a great storm in the skyways. Orphaned, she was raised in the quiet land of Mooshu. There she learned the skill of sword, knife and battle with her trusted friend and guardian Subodai!

My second character is a Witchdoctor. In her story: Scarlet's parents are said to have been lost in an attack on their ship by the Armada. The dastardly swines! She was young and raised in Scrimshaw on Skull Island by a wise old pirate witch. Temujin, a horse pirate from Mooshu, has been her friend and protector since she was young. At first his protection was a return favor to the Old Witch who had taken her in. But with his debt paid, Temujin had grown fond of Scarlet and found reasons to stay in town and help the Old Witch, so he could really watch out for the young girl he had grown so fond of. He stays by her side, even today.

The Horse companions are my favorite by far. But I must say I do like Ratbeard too. Like another poster said, he tells it like it is. Nothing like brutal honesty sometimes.

~ Spring

Ensign
Nov 04, 2010
I love Ratbeard. He's one of the first companions you get, but he is "pack-a-punch!" I love his criticals and that he has hight damage. I think when he get promoted he still looks very cool too.
Clever Cole,
Level 11 Privateer.

Ensign
Oct 01, 2011
Everyone thinks im crazy but my all time favorite is my trusty ol' watermole slingman he has ben with me a very long time and we have seen everything, from killer frogs to flying zombie monkeys, we have been through it all...

Fearless Calen Hawkins a die hard buccaneer