Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I would have to say my least favorite are batacuda, scorpion and sky snake. I dont know if it's because they dont really have much personality like the character companions, or what, but right now I have them benched P

Petty Officer
Jun 05, 2011
Okay, this is pretty obvious but
1. Crab Hermit
His attacking range is low, I hate Crab Crawlies, and his epic almost never works.
2. Nurse Quinn
Only good thing about her is that she can HEAL!
3.Monquistan Explorer
Sure sure, You like him at first, but then he is TERRIBLE!
4. Ratbeard
His Damage is just not good!
5. Weasel Gambler
His damage is low!

Why did I get all these bad companions?

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Griffin yawl on May 14, 2013 wrote:
Mine is Subodai because I can't lvl up my swashbuckler, that means I can't get him to a horse warrior so that means it is really l.a.m.e. lol
so are are all the other companions then, poptropicar

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
GRACIE! she make me nauseous ...

Ensign
Feb 10, 2013
Bikaneri on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
Okay, this is pretty obvious but
1. Crab Hermit
His attacking range is low, I hate Crab Crawlies, and his epic almost never works.
2. Nurse Quinn
Only good thing about her is that she can HEAL!
3.Monquistan Explorer
Sure sure, You like him at first, but then he is TERRIBLE!
4. Ratbeard
His Damage is just not good!
5. Weasel Gambler
His damage is low!

Why did I get all these bad companions?
4. Ratbeard is a very good companion he is not bad

Ensign
Nov 28, 2008
Without a doubt, my least favorite has to be Nanu Nanu, the Water Mole Slingman. His attacks even with added roughness and accuracy are weak and miss nearly every time. Plus his epics are a little more than useless, what's worse as that he criticals only once during a blue moon. If I couldn't choose him, Bat Masterson would be a close second.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2013
I do NOT like old scratch he dies like 24 7 ! no matter WHAT I do to keep him alive he always dies! his moves are just lame they fizz out all the time I don't even TRY to put training points on him I got him asleep

Ensign
Sep 14, 2008
trelian5 on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
Batacuda is my favorite companion! obviously you dont give him enough points cause i have him at lvl 23 and he is really strong. as for my least favorite, ratbeard ratbeard ratbeard! i hate him cause mormo hates him and i like mormo.
Ratbeard is weak till you level him all the way up, reset him and work on block and resistance, he is a huge asset in Marleybone!

Rhemas
btw Batacuda still stinks hehe

Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
xXplayer5123Xx on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
For me its Bonnie, yeah sure in the beginning of the game she's cool and all, but later on she becomes SO SQUISHY

As a privateer I have to focus on her whenever we're in a battle and she gets in because usually in a couple hits she dies. The other complaint... she does soo little damage compared to my other companions ( I tried to train here equally, but when I did.. she still didn't do any good damage.)

So for me... any companion is better then Bonnie for now
yea bonnie is so lame and does very little damage so she is my least favorite

Ensign
Jul 06, 2012
How can people just hate Old Scratch?! He's one of my favorites! (After El Toro of course ). He isn't in my first companions line, but he's in the second, and that's really good. Sarah Steele dies at all the fights she does, ALL. But she is my second companion, I love her, she's really strong and was my firstmate before El Toro came, but she was dying a lot.

Noble Nicholas Nichols level 65

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
When i think about it my least favorite compainion is the cat pirate
Everyone:BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
hey calm down i dont nessasarly hate the cat pirate i just want an offical cat pirate comeback yea as much as i like catbeard as a compainion i feel like when we go to marleybone we kinda get insulted by kingsile as in there's offical cat pirates everywhere.And since i can't buy the boochbeard bundle it seems like i will never get the cat pirate

Ensign
Dec 25, 2012
I really don't like Bones McGee because he has very little health, doesn't do much damage and spawns too often.

Ensign
Sep 16, 2011
Da hermit, During beta i got him and found how horrible he is i didnt even get him when the game went live, is he fixed?

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
For me its Bonnie, yeah sure in the beginning of the game she's cool and all, but later on she becomes SO SQUISHY

As a privateer I have to focus on her whenever we're in a battle and she gets in because usually in a couple hits she dies. The other complaint... she does soo little damage compared to my other companions ( I tried to train here equally, but when I did.. she still didn't do any good damage.)

bonnie is VERY weak until she gets promoted, and while i'm typing, the bison are all tied for least favorite companions

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Cross-posting from pirate101central.com.

Companions change with the area, level and the pirate class, Dont hate any, just not enough time to truly test each one on an individual Basis. Some Companions with few Epics do very well at higher levels on the right Pirate.

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
My least favorite is either The Monquistadors (Explorer and Crazy Monquistador), Nurse Quinn or the Crab Hermit. He's level 51, but his health is- ugh. (He is level 51 because I got him at level 49 :3)

I also hate the Weasel. Yuck, that guy needs to get some DAMAGE and health, not get killed

Smart Hannah Neastmith, level 56,

Ensign
Jun 14, 2009
I dislike any companion that does not have any special skills. Not even a single Reposte or Veng. Strike.
But with that aside, here's a list of a few of my LEAST favorites.
(1) any of the generic monquistadors (crossbowman, spearmen, etc.);
(2) any of the generic water moles (not Mormo);
(3) any of the generic Buffalo Indians from CR (spirit, bowmen, shaman, etc.)
(4) any of the generic "animal" companions (i.e. Battacuta, Scorpion, etc.)
(5) Chicken Miner;
(6) Nadia;
(7) Nurse Quinn,
(8) Weasel gambler;
(9) Neko the Cat Ninja.
(10) Old Scratch;
(11) Hermit Witchdoctor;
(12) any of the Mag 7 (even with their new upgrades but they are terrible to start out).

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
My least favorite one is the monkey musketeer. I got him when I freed Gortez.

Ensign
Dec 17, 2011
My least favorite companion would be Sarah Steele because she always gets killed off at like the first 3 rounds and even though I promoted her, she is still bad.

-Fearless Miguel Visser

Level 32

Swashbuckler

Ensign
May 22, 2011
CaptainAureus on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Who is the one companion who you really don't like? I don't really mean looks but just their fighting moves. For me it would have to be Nurse Quinn. Her damage is fair but her accuracy is only about 45 and her dodge is only about 40. Whenever I have her in battle she dies no matter what I do to keep her alive. So anyway,that's the one companion who I dislike most. What about you guys?

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
Kan po. I hate that guy. It's EVERYTHING about him. Personality, fighting, looks, everything. Worse thing is, he calls me DRAGONFLY. It sounds like he is calling me weaker than him. I'm like ten levels higher than him. So please, If your a creator listening, try to change kan po. for witchdoctor sake

#1 witchdoctor OUT.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Zombie Dad on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
I dislike any companion that does not have any special skills. Not even a single Reposte or Veng. Strike.
But with that aside, here's a list of a few of my LEAST favorites.
(1) any of the generic monquistadors (crossbowman, spearmen, etc.);
(2) any of the generic water moles (not Mormo);
(3) any of the generic Buffalo Indians from CR (spirit, bowmen, shaman, etc.)
(4) any of the generic "animal" companions (i.e. Battacuta, Scorpion, etc.)
(5) Chicken Miner;
(6) Nadia;
(7) Nurse Quinn,
(8) Weasel gambler;
(9) Neko the Cat Ninja.
(10) Old Scratch;
(11) Hermit Witchdoctor;
(12) any of the Mag 7 (even with their new upgrades but they are terrible to start out).
My replies: (some epic less ones are kind of good)

1. Man, the crossbowman is so BAD! He like, dies every time!
2.Naw, they're kind of cool.
3.He's strong, but dies fast. (I got Thunder hoof)
4. Even though Hannah doesn't have them yet (I switched to Romantic Hannah Devereaux because my previous witchdoctor got Gaspard de Vole, who I also dislike.), they can be a bit useful.
5. Never got him, but yeah. He is weak.
6. Who???????
7. Good thing about her is that she can heal. Otherwise, she is USELESS. I don't have her, however.
8. I don't have him, so I don't know about him.
9. I'm not there yet, but she's AWESOME!
10. You're right. He's USELESS. (Or maybe I didn't promote him yet?)
11. Don't have him, thank goodness. So I don't know.
12. What are those?

So some are good. But 1 and 10 are horrible!!!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
"Kan po. I hate that guy. It's EVERYTHING about him. Personality, fighting, looks, everything. Worse thing is, he calls me DRAGONFLY."
The "dragonfly" part is a reference to an old tv show, Kung fu. The hero keeps remembering his childhood and his sensei who taught him. His teacher always called him "Grasshopper" affectionately, I guess he hopped around as a kid.

I was happy to get the crab witchdoctor, because I wasn't as keen on skeletons, but I wanted to have use of a witchdoctor in fights. Then I saw he has such low range and none of the talents of Old Scratch. I wanted to like him, but he was the most disappointing crew for me.

Ensign
Jun 17, 2013
i would have to say Jabu Jabu if that was his name {the water mole} he only has cheap shot as an epic talent and he does not have any powers so that is really dissapointing...

Ensign
Jun 23, 2013
Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010

if bonnie anne is at sharpshooter she is bad sniper is ok highlander is best,