Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 30, 2012
25
My top five least liked companions are as follows=

1. Nurse Quinn, Medicine Chicken

2. Bonnie Anne(though she is fairly good, i've never liked her for some reason)

3. Dead Mike, Undead Pirate

4. Crazed Monquistidor

5. Crab hermit

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
131
I personally do not like the monqusitdor (or as i like to call him monkey monk.) that privateers get. his first epic is witch hunter not that good and he gets no new epics when you recruit him. He does get a promotion yes. Where he can chose great new epics after this he was kinda useful. but then as enemies got harder (I say about port regal) he kept missing and when he hit he did low damage. i did every thing i could to help him improve but then he was out shined by other companions (Iago) and to the bottom of my list he went. When p101 introduced benching I thought of him.

Ensign
Nov 05, 2011
2
My top two least favorite companions are:

1: Batacuda, he's cool when you get him but he dosnt promote and misses alot and i just put him to sleep as soon as i could.

2:Bonnie Anne, I have never liked her, her damage is really bad, and her heal is even worse.

Annoying William Ovingham Lvl 50 Witch doctor.

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
54
Old scratch the more I think about him the more I dislike his contributions as a companion. He misses exactly when you need him to hit, which forces all other companions to pick up the slack. Then if he does survive he expires quickly if confronted with a direct attack. Also his undead pirate is weak and his commentary simple put finds everything spooky which is suprising because he is undead. The chicken miner is also lame, Mustang Sally is also underwelming, Nurse Quinn is useless and all of the Cool ranch seven seem to more than often come up with sub par performances.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
362
Sensible Seamus on Mar 16, 2013 wrote:
Old scratch the more I think about him the more I dislike his contributions as a companion. He misses exactly when you need him to hit, which forces all other companions to pick up the slack. Then if he does survive he expires quickly if confronted with a direct attack. Also his undead pirate is weak and his commentary simple put finds everything spooky which is suprising because he is undead. The chicken miner is also lame, Mustang Sally is also underwelming, Nurse Quinn is useless and all of the Cool ranch seven seem to more than often come up with sub par performances.
LOL every time i come on this post i have something to laugh about , but also scratch is an inaccurate piece a work when he is low lol, but if you are a privateer, you can make him worth your while, privateers boost from will and so does scratch, privateers have will boosters which will make him hit a lot more damage, like maybe 25+ damage, which accumulates when he does critical and stuff, now with things such as battle zeal, and e spirit de corpse from both el toro and your privateer them self, scratch will become a monster in power, or what i call, a SKY SCRAPER XD

then you can get great juju's and stuff to be even more powerful, but about the other companions,...I KNOW RIGHT!

Ensign
Jun 10, 2011
13
Peabotz on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
I would have to say my least favorite is Billy The Kid.
The Billygoat Gunslinger.

I'm just not a fan of goats for some reason.

He seems to draw attention to quickly and dies just as fast.
O rly? I seem to like him. Maybe I used good epics like burst fire and double tap.

Merciless Jack Silver the Frozenwarrior Lv. 42
"If you can take the cold, get out of the way of my freezing grapeshot!"

Ensign
Feb 26, 2013
13
Yes I hate Nurse Quinn. But I hate mustang sally's normal fencing moves. I like Sarah Steele more. But I really don't like El Nebluso. You unlock him on the crown shop after you beat him. He shocked me when he appeared. And I think all sharks on BOTH
games are a pain. I am a level 17 witchdoctor. You'll find me at Cool Ranch. I'm Impolite William Blake.P.S if you see Freedingle10, please don't Laugh. If you see me my firstmate is Kan Po. I promoted him so he is a goat DICIPLE not goat STUDENT.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
224
Old Scratch. Period. He fizzles so much, and his summon always loses health fast. though, i like the minion because of the names. Mostly its skeletal pirate, but one time, the name was nick. i almost LOL'd.

George Gordon, lvl 22
George Xiriga, lvl 12
Fearless George Xiriga, lvl 10

Buccateer forever!

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
224
Deadman2226 on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
I have to agree about Gaspard but my second least favorite companion is Barbunus he misses all the time and is very weak
You're kidding, right? Gaspard is not bad at all, and once Barney gets his first promo he is a beast! Why do you all hate Gaspard? Sure, his name means "Gaspard of Rat", but he is a spinning wheel of pure destruction in his epic hit!

George Gordon, lvl 23

Ensign
Feb 10, 2013
6
I don't like Barnabus, the guy you meet at the Kraken's Skull if you are a . My Birgus and Barnabus are at the same level, and Barnabus has one point more than Birgus in damage! Oh, and I don't like Barnabus because he looks stupid! Also, Old Scratch is stinky! Somebody told me he has to be level 20 for him to do a Let's-go-to-a-tavern upgrade, and he's level 21, but he hasn't said anything! Well, that isn't Old Scratch's fault, but what is his fault is having the worst Skeletal Pirate, EVER. I've also heard Nurse Quinn is bad, but I never bought any thing with crowns.

Felix Zanderman, lvl 25,

Ensign
Nov 27, 2011
23
I don't like Wing Chun, he becomes strong at lvel 46 , Bonnie Anne is only weak and Nurse Quinn is only ugly hehe she isn't ugly but she has 0 accuracy ( that's not truth) the good side is that you can sleep your companions with a sleep token

Ensign
Oct 11, 2012
9
My LEAST favorite companion will have to be Nurse Quinn. She has no criticals and all she does is hit people with her medicine bag. The ONLY thing i like about her is the fact that she has rouse.

My second least favorite companion is Fin Dorsal. Everytime he's in a battle with me, I know I'm in trouble.
And my last least favorite companion is Kobe Yojimbo. I don't know what is with his criticals
The sound effects in his criticals are out of sync. His attacks get blocked all the time on my buccaneer.

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
67
Valdrick on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
to me old scratch is the worst, its cool he can hit multple enimies, but he is so weak and his summon usually dies with one hit now that i am in cool ranch. next would have to be louie labisque, i cant stand having his weak harpoon on my team. "sigh" he gets blocked all the time and has terrible defense. Would like to see the ability to "sideline" my companions that i dont want.

Next i would summerize all the companions you get that dont have any special attacks other than epic abilites, i mean COME ON! they should be able to have one at least. those that usualy dont have an attack to use i keep on the bottom.
um yea this is entirely true at first he is good but once you get to cool ranch you hate him. nurse quinn is a great companion and so is the crab the monkey crossbow the chicken miner and froggo villa are bad too in my opinion just have to state the facts mr crabs all the way
lv 48 Lovable Seth Parker

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
67
mara45901 on Mar 30, 2013 wrote:
My LEAST favorite companion will have to be Nurse Quinn. She has no criticals and all she does is hit people with her medicine bag. The ONLY thing i like about her is the fact that she has rouse.

My second least favorite companion is Fin Dorsal. Everytime he's in a battle with me, I know I'm in trouble.
And my last least favorite companion is Kobe Yojimbo. I don't know what is with his criticals
The sound effects in his criticals are out of sync. His attacks get blocked all the time on my buccaneer.
weird. my kobe on my buccaneer never gets blocked after first promo

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
98
1. Nurse Quinn
2. Monkey King (he misses SO much)
3. Milo Greytail (I don't really like companions or pets with only 1 ability (and it's cheap shot) because not many people would go away from you in battle.

~Noble Mistydove

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
I have to say I love Nurse Quinn as a character, but her accuracy seriously needs work. She has a wonderful 'outraged school marm (teacher)' sort of attack, and her theatrical curtsey when winning a battle is cute and amusing. If only she could hit more often!
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Ensign
Oct 19, 2012
10
My least favorate has to be Ratbeard because, for me he has never been cool and his voice and when he criticals makes me get a head ache and I dont like peg-legs.

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
154
TheDragonTamer237 on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
Mine is Subodai, my first companion, or Tricky Vinny. I almost never use training points on them unless I want to make them stronger. They're not very strong to begin with, though, which is irrtiating in battle.
SERIOUSLY subodai s damage is fine and his health is fine all his stats are fine he is worthless if you dont train him at all if your not training any of your companions plus tricky vinny isnt a compion (oh is he the crag hermit) idk

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
67
The First Swashbuc... on Apr 6, 2013 wrote:
SERIOUSLY subodai s damage is fine and his health is fine all his stats are fine he is worthless if you dont train him at all if your not training any of your companions plus tricky vinny isnt a compion (oh is he the crag hermit) idk
Tricky vinny is a companion for swashbucklers you can get in gullet but you need to go to flotsam and such

Ensign
Dec 02, 2011
11
Gaspard de Vole because his epic talents stink when you promote him. Also I don't really like Old Scratch because he just stinks.

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
58
Why does everyone say ratbeard is the best? I say he is the second worst. and i say second because the worst is (drumroll please) Louis Lebisque! terrible accuracy, damage, armor, dodging ability, everything!
Thank you kinsisle for letting me bench those two. but unlimited benching would also be nice.

Name: Arthur Lanyard
Type:

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
58
CaptainAureus on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Who is the one companion who you really don't like? I don't really mean looks but just their fighting moves. For me it would have to be Nurse Quinn. Her damage is fair but her accuracy is only about 45 and her dodge is only about 40. Whenever I have her in battle she dies no matter what I do to keep her alive. So anyway,that's the one companion who I dislike most. What about you guys?

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
can you help me figure out why nurse Quinn is a witchdoctor

Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
41
Bengalstar on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
1. Nurse Quinn
2. Monkey King (he misses SO much)
3. Milo Greytail (I don't really like companions or pets with only 1 ability (and it's cheap shot) because not many people would go away from you in battle.

~Noble Mistydove
For a reason I disagree with Monkey king and milo for a few reasons
Monkey king isn't bad you just didn't give second chance and give a boost to his accuracy
You didn't promote Milo that's why you just dislike him

Ensign
Mar 11, 2012
8
A Mythspent Youth on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
For me it's a tie between Nurse Quinn and the Crab Hermit from Valencia. They're both so extremely limited, they both die a LOT and, as of level 47, (I think) neither has gotten a meet-me-in-a-tavern upgrade.
I second and third that statement

Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
4
Old Scratch is my least favorite! Yeah I know get mad at me and call me dumb but he always fizzles and I cant increase his accuracy (unless luck is accuracy). I know how good he gets but every time i get excited he fizzles and i get so mad!

Cunning Andrew Jellico level 37 Swashbuckler