Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Funny/Ironic Names

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Hey Jack you just made me have the Carlton dance scene from Fresh Prince of Bel-air go through my head!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
What about funny ship names? My favorites:

Marlebone Ship: Arrogant Procupine
Mooshu Ship: Bamboo Bamboo (from the department of redundancy department)

Any other good ones?

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I must say mate these be some funny/ironic names here on this post good job me friends.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheDragonspyrePira... on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
idk any so im going to say phule because he is a fool... I don't pity the fool who messes with me. (get the easter egg?)
B.A. Barakas ( Mr. T ): the correct quote is: "I pity the fool..."
The A Team!

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
The other names i saw so far in addition to Michelle Jackson a singer, is also Luke Sky Walker the Jedi Knight from the star war series.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
The other names i saw so far in addition to Michelle Jackson a singer, is also Luke Sky Walker the Jedi Knight from the star war series.
Luke Skywalker is a name from Wizard101, it seems one in ten boys use that name!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Max DeGroot on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
What about funny ship names? My favorites:

Marlebone Ship: Arrogant Procupine
Mooshu Ship: Bamboo Bamboo (from the department of redundancy department)

Any other good ones?
Haha, I have a T-shirt that says 'Department of Redundancy Department'.

Okay, I have a story to tell about my funny ship name.

So, I had just defeated Deacon, and I ran over to collect my MooShu skiff, right? I press 'x' and the box pops up on the right side of the screen. It says, "You commandeered HAPPY RAINBOW" and I was thinking:

1. Are you kidding me? Happy Rainbow?!? I am not flying around in a ship named Happy Rainbow.

2. LOL this is soooo funny!! I wonder what people will say if they saw this!! Maybe I should keep it as Happy Rainbow!

3. No. This name will be changed. I don't care how much it costs.

So, yeah. I did not fly out of Motherlode Mine with a MooShu Skiff, I flew out of there on a Bison Galleon. And then I went straight to Skull Island to rename my skiff Imperial Dragon.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
Luke Skywalker is a name from Wizard101, it seems one in ten boys use that name!
True, true. Other popular ones on Wizard101 are: Taylor Swift, Sierra Mist, Hunter Hunter, and Jack Frost.

Ensign
Nov 08, 2012
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
Hello, my fellow Pirates! *Hands out yum and cake*

Well, the title says it all. Have you seen any Pirates with funny or ironic names out in the Spiral? Some of the ones I've seen or made up are:

Hannah Abbott (Harry Potter character)
Lily Evans (Harry Potter's mom)
Ulysses Grant
Martin Freeman (plays the character of Bilbo Baggins in the Hobbit)
Tim Burton
Charlotte Webb
Tiny Tim
Morgan Freeman
Honest Abe
Chris Cringle
Sam Underhill
Charlie Gordon (Flowers for Algernon)
Daniel Radcliffe
Holly Webb (author)

What are some that you've seen?
Ok, so I did "a little" good old fashioned investigative work and found these real life pirates throughout history that can be created when making a boy pirate.

Black Bart Roberts
Henri Morgan (actually Henry)
John Rackam
Benjamin Hornigold
John Calles
John De Bouff (actually Jan)
Samuel Bellamy
John Evans
Henri Jennings (actually Henry)
James Kelly
John Taylor
Thomas Tew
Charles Vane
Richard Worley
William Walker
Edward Jordan
Daniel Elfirth (actually Elfrith)
John Hawkins
William Parker
John Ward
Edward Davis
Richard Hawkins
William Jackson
John Morris
Richard Sawkins
William Wright
Nathaniel Gordon
James Kelly
Joseph Kelly

Plus these two that CdeWinter already mentioned: Edward Teach and William Kidd

Also, these names reference real pirates as well:
Stede (Stede Bonnet) and the last name Easton (Peter Easton)

And you can make a James Norrington, which is the character in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, played by the actor Jack Davenport- which also can be made when creating a boy pirate. Actually most of the 1st names of the actors from those films are options in the game, including less common ones such as: Orlando, Angus, Isaac, Trevor, Israel, Sergio and Max for boys and Keira, Zoe, Vanessa, Lauren, Lucy- all real 1st names of actors from the Pirates of the Caribbean series.

A few first names when making a girl pirate also share the names of real life lady pirates.

Mary Reade (actually Mary Read)
Maria and Lindsey (Maria Lindsey)
Flora (Flora Burn)
Charlotte (Charlotte Badger)
Catherine (Catherine Hagerty)
Rachel (Rachel Wall)

And here's a couple more that just seemed funny or interesting to me.

Black Angus- Well Done (KI)
Black Bart- "You'll shoot your eye out"- also a real life western outlaw and pirate
Dull Orion- Nothing much but if you pronounce it a certain way it makes me think of a certain car in the Back to the Future series- "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads".
Noble Stede- Can't help but think of Donkey from Shrek- "You're going the right way for a smacked bottom".

I also have a couple of somewhat funny named pets- Gritty Sugar, Baby Boomer and Mighty Rusty

Commodore
May 31, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
Ok, so I did "a little" good old fashioned investigative work and found these real life pirates throughout history that can be created when making a boy pirate.

Black Bart Roberts
Henri Morgan (actually Henry)
John Rackam
Benjamin Hornigold
John Calles
John De Bouff (actually Jan)
Samuel Bellamy
John Evans
Henri Jennings (actually Henry)
James Kelly
John Taylor
Thomas Tew
Charles Vane
Richard Worley
William Walker
Edward Jordan
Daniel Elfirth (actually Elfrith)
John Hawkins
William Parker
John Ward
Edward Davis
Richard Hawkins
William Jackson
John Morris
Richard Sawkins
William Wright
Nathaniel Gordon
James Kelly
Joseph Kelly

Plus these two that CdeWinter already mentioned: Edward Teach and William Kidd

Also, these names reference real pirates as well:
Stede (Stede Bonnet) and the last name Easton (Peter Easton)

And you can make a James Norrington, which is the character in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, played by the actor Jack Davenport- which also can be made when creating a boy pirate. Actually most of the 1st names of the actors from those films are options in the game, including less common ones such as: Orlando, Angus, Isaac, Trevor, Israel, Sergio and Max for boys and Keira, Zoe, Vanessa, Lauren, Lucy- all real 1st names of actors from the Pirates of the Caribbean series.

A few first names when making a girl pirate also share the names of real life lady pirates.

Mary Reade (actually Mary Read)
Maria and Lindsey (Maria Lindsey)
Flora (Flora Burn)
Charlotte (Charlotte Badger)
Catherine (Catherine Hagerty)
Rachel (Rachel Wall)

And here's a couple more that just seemed funny or interesting to me.

Black Angus- Well Done (KI)
Black Bart- "You'll shoot your eye out"- also a real life western outlaw and pirate
Dull Orion- Nothing much but if you pronounce it a certain way it makes me think of a certain car in the Back to the Future series- "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads".
Noble Stede- Can't help but think of Donkey from Shrek- "You're going the right way for a smacked bottom".

I also have a couple of somewhat funny named pets- Gritty Sugar, Baby Boomer and Mighty Rusty
Mindblown. *head explodes from name overload* *Bonnie Anne drags me to a life fountain*

Okay, better now. Wow. I think my favorite has to be 'Noble Stede' Mighty Rusty is pretty good too. My pet's name is Prince Fluffy. I was too lazy to change it when I got it and now I think it's funny.

Speaking of Pirates of the Caribbean, wouldn't Jack Finch or Jack Nightingale be a nod to Jack Sparrow? Oh, excuse me, Captain Jack Sparrow.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
How do you find the list of names without creating a new pirate? I have some names to check !

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
How do you find the list of names without creating a new pirate? I have some names to check !
I think you have to create a new pirate to see the name list. I'm debating not filling my last character slot so I can keep checking names. Maybe someone should make the list over on Pirate101 Central if it isn't on another site.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
Mindblown. *head explodes from name overload* *Bonnie Anne drags me to a life fountain*

Okay, better now. Wow. I think my favorite has to be 'Noble Stede' Mighty Rusty is pretty good too. My pet's name is Prince Fluffy. I was too lazy to change it when I got it and now I think it's funny.

Speaking of Pirates of the Caribbean, wouldn't Jack Finch or Jack Nightingale be a nod to Jack Sparrow? Oh, excuse me, Captain Jack Sparrow.
Can you imagine the nightmare that would cause? Every boy would go for that name, with only a few creative exceptions!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:

Thanks Misty, I sure hope you aren't the suing type- almost tossing you from a chair and now the whole exploding head thing and all. Nice save dear Bonnie lass!

Prince Fluffy is pretty funny too (I'm sure he has a complex) and believe me when I say I have at least some 100+ pets and at least half of them cause me to laugh every time I see their names. Just from memory some of the other ones I thought were funny are Scrappy Sniffles, King Daisy, Miss Stinker, Miss Bruno, Captain Pepper (reminds me of The Beatles), a Lil' Labor Golem named Sneaky Dancer, and an Ebon Spectre named Cuddles.

Nice one on the funny nods to Jack Sparrow- Finch/Nightingale, LOL. KI you've done it yet again. I had posted a somewhat funny little 'story' where Ratbeard referenced a Captain Jack Swallow and the Pirates of the Scarabeing in a thread a while back. But I never noticed or paid any mind to Finch and Nightingale.

Actually, that thread is one in somewhat of a sequence of threads where the great and super funny Sam Underhill and I have a bit of fun in the Spiral with the our Captains and crews.

If you aren't too familiar with Sam Underhill, he is quite a witty, funny and brilliant writer. And he had a clever way of "crashing" a thread with some of his funny and intelligent antics. This is a bit off topic, but I thought you might enjoy the shenanigans. Unfortunately I never finished off with the last thread.

I think this is the order they go in, if you are interested. It's a bit to read but hope you enjoy it!

Congrats Valkoor Gunners Mate Rank!
Congrats Valkoor Lieutenant Rank!
Congratulations to Golden Guardian's- gunner's mate!
Valkoor is first mate!!!
Valkoor 1,000 yar!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
Actually Esperanza, in real-life I have a photographic memory and when I made my last pirate about 6 months ago, I committed all of the pirates names to my mem.....ah, who am I kidding, I can't even recall what I did tomorrow. In truth my son only has 1 current pirate on his account because he enjoys the pirate creating process and loves to make a bunch and then delete them and then do it all over again.

So, I just used that account and took a list of real-life pirates from the internet and compared it during the creation and naming process. It "only" took about 20-30 minutes or so but was a lot of fun when I was actually able to link a real-life pirate with ones that could be created in the game. Now it makes receiving items named after real life pirates, like Bellamy's Log, that much more enjoyable.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I logged out of this message boards and clicked 'Play' and a name menu appeared! So I now have a list of ironic/historic/real people names, for you all!
Girl's names:
Belinda Burke - the actress Billie Burke, best known for her portrayal of Belinda the Good Witch in The Wizard of Oz.
Kristen Cringle ( Kris Kringle )
Julia Andrews ( Julie ) actress, singer
Luisa ( Louisa ) Alcott, American writer, Little Women
Red Sonia, a counter-part to Conan the Barbarian
Samantha & Tabitha Stevenson ( Stevens from Bewitched )

Boy's names::
Cole Younger, western outlaw, bank robber.
Thomas Hobbes, ( 1588 - 1678 ) English philosopher, wrote Leviathan "Man's life, in a state of nature, is nasty, brutish and short"
Colin Firth, British actor, The King's Speech

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
I logged out of this message boards and clicked 'Play' and a name menu appeared! So I now have a list of ironic/historic/real people names, for you all!
Girl's names:
Belinda Burke - the actress Billie Burke, best known for her portrayal of Belinda the Good Witch in The Wizard of Oz.
Kristen Cringle ( Kris Kringle )
Julia Andrews ( Julie ) actress, singer
Luisa ( Louisa ) Alcott, American writer, Little Women
Red Sonia, a counter-part to Conan the Barbarian
Samantha & Tabitha Stevenson ( Stevens from Bewitched )

Boy's names::
Cole Younger, western outlaw, bank robber.
Thomas Hobbes, ( 1588 - 1678 ) English philosopher, wrote Leviathan "Man's life, in a state of nature, is nasty, brutish and short"
Colin Firth, British actor, The King's Speech
Ooh, nice finds Esperanza. Especially love the Red Sonja and Arrrnold reference. And the Thomas Hobbes as well....and Cole Younger too!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Here's my funniest pet's name: Little Stinker, my Celestial Skydragon.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
Thanks Misty, I sure hope you aren't the suing type- almost tossing you from a chair and now the whole exploding head thing and all. Nice save dear Bonnie lass!

Prince Fluffy is pretty funny too (I'm sure he has a complex) and believe me when I say I have at least some 100+ pets and at least half of them cause me to laugh every time I see their names. Just from memory some of the other ones I thought were funny are Scrappy Sniffles, King Daisy, Miss Stinker, Miss Bruno, Captain Pepper (reminds me of The Beatles), a Lil' Labor Golem named Sneaky Dancer, and an Ebon Spectre named Cuddles.

Nice one on the funny nods to Jack Sparrow- Finch/Nightingale, LOL. KI you've done it yet again. I had posted a somewhat funny little 'story' where Ratbeard referenced a Captain Jack Swallow and the Pirates of the Scarabeing in a thread a while back. But I never noticed or paid any mind to Finch and Nightingale.

Actually, that thread is one in somewhat of a sequence of threads where the great and super funny Sam Underhill and I have a bit of fun in the Spiral with the our Captains and crews.

If you aren't too familiar with Sam Underhill, he is quite a witty, funny and brilliant writer. And he had a clever way of "crashing" a thread with some of his funny and intelligent antics. This is a bit off topic, but I thought you might enjoy the shenanigans. Unfortunately I never finished off with the last thread.

I think this is the order they go in, if you are interested. It's a bit to read but hope you enjoy it!

Congrats Valkoor Gunners Mate Rank!
Congrats Valkoor Lieutenant Rank!
Congratulations to Golden Guardian's- gunner's mate!
Valkoor is first mate!!!
Valkoor 1,000 yar!
Ah, I think we're even on the whole head-exploding thing. Hm, what's that Bonnie? Oh, she says I weigh as much as the Jade Anklyosaur. Thanks much.

But seriously (or not, considering the topic of this thread) I realized while renaming my Celestial Dragon that I picked a rather unfortunate Pirate name. Misty and Jackson are both options for pet names! Also, a couple of pet name choices I thought were funny are Sneaky Sneaker and Scrappy Scrapper. Now, an Ebon Spectre named Cuddles? Not something I'd want to hug...

Oh, yeah I've seen Sam Underhill's hilarious posts. He's a great writer, and I'm waiting for the next installment of 'Bob the Musketeer Saves the Cake'! I love Ratbeard's comment at the end of part four. I had to reread those last few paragraphs several times so I could get through them without collapsing into giggles.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
Ah, I think we're even on the whole head-exploding thing. Hm, what's that Bonnie? Oh, she says I weigh as much as the Jade Anklyosaur. Thanks much.

But seriously (or not, considering the topic of this thread) I realized while renaming my Celestial Dragon that I picked a rather unfortunate Pirate name. Misty and Jackson are both options for pet names! Also, a couple of pet name choices I thought were funny are Sneaky Sneaker and Scrappy Scrapper. Now, an Ebon Spectre named Cuddles? Not something I'd want to hug...

Oh, yeah I've seen Sam Underhill's hilarious posts. He's a great writer, and I'm waiting for the next installment of 'Bob the Musketeer Saves the Cake'! I love Ratbeard's comment at the end of part four. I had to reread those last few paragraphs several times so I could get through them without collapsing into giggles.
You are very welcome and yes, those 'Bob' stories are quite a riot! That peculiar Musketeer even made a few funny guest appearances in some of those threads linked above. Quite the hilarious character I must say!

Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
Hello-

I'm so sorry if most of these have already been posted, but the double-names or almost double-names I've found are:
  • Morgan Morgan
  • Xavier Xavier
  • Ivy Ivey
  • Max Maxwell
  • Jordan Jordan

The refrences I've found are:

• Frank Underwood (House of Cards character)
  • (Long) John Sliver (Treasure Island character)

The real people names I've found are:

• Scarlet Johansson (actress)
  • Honest Abe (nickname for Abraham Lincoln)

Ivette Xavier, Oracle

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:

I have a golden scorpion ( tribal pack ) pet called Tiny Cuddles

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I found a few more names for you to peruse:
Robert Devereaux, Earl of Essex ( possibly one of Shakespeare's patrons )
Samuel Johnson, English writer, critic and creator of a Dictionary.
William Thackery, a contemporary of Charles Dickens, also a writer.
Patrick Stewart, actor
Marcus Welby, fictional character from T.V. Marcus Welby, M.D.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
True, true. Other popular ones on Wizard101 are: Taylor Swift, Sierra Mist, Hunter Hunter, and Jack Frost.
I've also seen a Taylor Swiftstalker. That cracked me up for a good 10 minutes.

I wonder what Bonnie Anne's last name could be... I bet 1,000 gold pieces it's Clyde. Get it? Bonnie Anne Clyde?