Funny/Ironic Names

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
234
I saw a Michael Jackson on a scoreboard.

Not character related, a Black Storm ship called Angry Bird.

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
Boucan do it!

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
234
Then there's the Red Claw Ship called the Laughing Hound.
DUCK HUNT!!!
*8-bit cackling from the Duck Hunt Dog*

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
This name I saw in w101, but it's so good I have to share it here. Fallon Down

Commodore
May 31, 2009
800
anecorbie on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
This name I saw in w101, but it's so good I have to share it here. Fallon Down
LOL that's good. I saw a Fallon Pants once in Wizard. And yesterday (on p101 of course) I ran into a Tiny Tim!

Ensign
Feb 02, 2013
2
i have a character named black adam dc universe villian

Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
47
Scarlet Johansson from Gone With The Wind in the book it was spelled Scarlett Johannssen in the book though

Ensign
Sep 29, 2013
4
I have seen a few ironic names wile playing p101 such as

Edward teach
davy jones
charolett webb
Jason
bloody marry
micheal Jackson
and my name tiny tim xD

Ensign
May 03, 2010
29
I named my character Allan (after Alan Wake), and made my flag a black raven with a red chest- much like the promotional art for the Dark Raven in Alan Wake. It's definitely not winner of the best name ever award, but I was proud of myself.

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2013
69
I may not have a name that is ironic but I ask you, is there a Williams Shakspeare?

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2013
69
Practical Gorman W... on Jan 6, 2015 wrote:
I may not have a name that is ironic but I ask you, is there a Williams Shakspeare?
Make that Shakespeare. I mispelled

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
Practical Gorman W... on Jan 7, 2015 wrote:
Make that Shakespeare. I mispelled
Shakespeare himself used many variants in spelling his name ( not at all usual in his time ). Unfortunately this name is not available.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
Esperanza pointed out Shakespeare used various spellings for his name,I will just point out that if Shakespeare were an available name(in any of it's spellings) I wouldn't have to say Shake Spear.

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2013
69
The Hoodoo Master on Jan 7, 2015 wrote:
Esperanza pointed out Shakespeare used various spellings for his name,I will just point out that if Shakespeare were an available name(in any of it's spellings) I wouldn't have to say Shake Spear.
So is there a pirate named "Wlliams", if that first name is available, as the last is "Shake Spear"?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
Practical Gorman W... on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
So is there a pirate named "Wlliams", if that first name is available, as the last is "Shake Spear"?
No Williams, just William ( I think ) and no Shakespeare, HooDoo Master was just pointing out that we can't say "Shakespeare" in filtered chat, we have to resort to braking his name in two.

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2013
69
anecorbie on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
No Williams, just William ( I think ) and no Shakespeare, HooDoo Master was just pointing out that we can't say "Shakespeare" in filtered chat, we have to resort to braking his name in two.
I said Shake Spear in my post before you replyed!

Bosun
Nov 01, 2012
363
Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
145
anecorbie on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
I feel the name Rowan Martin may appeal to pirates of a certain generation, especially if they feel like laughin'!
*Cough Valkoor Cough* sorry I had too

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Koi the Fish on Jan 29, 2015 wrote:
*Cough Valkoor Cough* sorry I had too
Hey now, hey now Mr. Fish-- I may not be a Spring Chicken, but I also ain't no Thanksgiving Turkey either!

Now, I'm thinking you may have "coughed up a Valkoor" because of Esperanza's mentioning of Laugh-in, as in associating me with laughing. But if you just so happened to be referring (and jokingly of course) that I am slightly more distanced from my birth, than most other pirates out there, I'll have you know this-- that AWESOMELY funny show last aired a few years before Ol' Doc held me upside down and whacked me on me bum, and before "my little tootsies even touched the earth". But I have seen many, many episodes and enjoyed them immensely...my kind of humor for sure!

So, I may be of that "certain <older> generation", but this chicken is still-a-kickin'...unlike that poor ol' Thanksgiving Turkey!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 2, 2015 wrote:
Hey now, hey now Mr. Fish-- I may not be a Spring Chicken, but I also ain't no Thanksgiving Turkey either!

Now, I'm thinking you may have "coughed up a Valkoor" because of Esperanza's mentioning of Laugh-in, as in associating me with laughing. But if you just so happened to be referring (and jokingly of course) that I am slightly more distanced from my birth, than most other pirates out there, I'll have you know this-- that AWESOMELY funny show last aired a few years before Ol' Doc held me upside down and whacked me on me bum, and before "my little tootsies even touched the earth". But I have seen many, many episodes and enjoyed them immensely...my kind of humor for sure!

So, I may be of that "certain <older> generation", but this chicken is still-a-kickin'...unlike that poor ol' Thanksgiving Turkey!
Apologies to Valkoor, I was referring to my generation as I was a pre- teen when Laugh-in was on TV ( in living color, as the term was ) And phrases like "Sock it to me" and "here come da judge" was part of pop culture.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
anecorbie on Feb 2, 2015 wrote:
Apologies to Valkoor, I was referring to my generation as I was a pre- teen when Laugh-in was on TV ( in living color, as the term was ) And phrases like "Sock it to me" and "here come da judge" was part of pop culture.
No apologies needed at all, Esperanza. I certainly didn't take any offense to your post or think it was in reference to me or anyone in particular-- I just thought it was you sharing some fabulous fun. And I likewise hope I didn't offend you or anyone else out there that hails from a generation even more "archaic" than mine.

I was merely having some good ol' fun with Kai/Koi. I think it's awesome to bring up pop culture and entertainment from years of old and days gone by-- regardless of the generation. There was some great fun and wildly entertaining "stuff" on the tube (as well as elsewhere) and it's great for today's generation(s) to at least gain a glimpse of it. I'm actually a bit envious of others that got to experience some of those amazing moments in time, that came before "my time". I think every one out there should brush up on "older" generations' experiences and pop culture-- there was some fantastic fun to be had for all....and so much of it was fun with out all of the gratuitous negativities that current pop culture seems to gravitate towards.

My generation, your generation, their generation-- I enjoy experiencing all of it, immensely!

'I'm not tryin' to cause a big s-s-sensation. I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation.'

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
181
Morgan Lafite! The knock off Morgan La Fey, AKA Morgana Pendragon, AKA Morganthe for W101.

BOOM!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
TheHoodooQueen on Feb 4, 2015 wrote:
Morgan Lafite! The knock off Morgan La Fey, AKA Morgana Pendragon, AKA Morganthe for W101.

BOOM!
Also Jean Lafitte, famous pirate of the Louisiana/Texas coast!
Going to show my age again here, Captain Crunch once had an opponent in the commercials for that cereal: Jean Le Feet, the Barefoot Pirate

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
Ack! Again my memory betrays me, the name was Jean La Foote!

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
127
tiny tim? who's tiny tim? anyway, i saw Honest Abe before in skull island when i was heading to the transportlator (however you spell it)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
theprivateer12345 on Mar 30, 2015 wrote:
tiny tim? who's tiny tim? anyway, i saw Honest Abe before in skull island when i was heading to the transportlator (however you spell it)
Tiny Tim, a sickly, obnoxious ( or precious, depending on your view point ) child in Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. Or Tiny Tim, singer, best known for the song, "Tip Toe Through the Tulips"
BTW, I saw a Black Edward Teach in the Tower.