Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirates Helping Pirates, (PHP)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 13, 2014
If you see someone struggling in a battle then maybe you should help them, or if someone is lost you should help them!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Tigerlover1912 on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
If you see someone struggling in a battle then maybe you should help them, or if someone is lost you should help them!
That's a good tip Tigerlover and welcome to the PhP thread.

Sometimes it can be hard to tell if someone is struggling in battle, especially if you are just passing through. And it can equally be tough to know when someone is lost or requires help...especially when there is no mention of it from the player in distress.

So, I do think it is a great tip to try to help others when they need it or ask for it, but I would suggest first asking if the player needs, or more importantly, wants help-- before just jumping in. I have seen players get offended or a bit irritated if someone jumps in without asking because some players enjoy the challenge and don't mind learning from defeat or bobbly-ness. And some players find it rude if you just jump in to 'save them', without first asking if they want or need help. Same goes for porting in without first asking.

To go along with your tip of helping our fellow pirates throughout the Spiral, I would also like to add that if you do need or want help or are lost-- make sure to let other players know by politely asking them via chats. I know that Menu Chat is rather limiting, so that can surely be tough at times. But even a menu chat of 'Help, please' will let someone know that the player actually wants to be helped. And for those that want to help, I would suggest first chatting and asking if the player that seems to be in trouble, actually wants or needs it.

Thank you for the post and for your suggestion(s)!

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
I don't know what has been said before, but I will give some of my suggestions anyways

PvE-Companion setup(s)
It seems that most just go for only the offensive talents as they can usually deal the most damage. In PvP, maybe that is necessary, I'm no one on central so I can't tell you that, however not every companion has to have relentless 2 bladestrom 2(or their ranged counterparts) to be good for PvE. I personally like doing weird thing with certain companions, giving them different objectives to do. Examples of this are "chainers"(which they chain to enemy attacks) and tanks(where they just stop assaults/take a lot of damage). This way, when you see what your opponent is, you can setup your companions for it. This is how I usually do matchups:
s: s are the best option. Easy to critical and most have a reduced accuracy power that will stop their evil accuracy.
s: typically s or s work the best, s should have at least one riposte to have a good chain on most s.
s: s are the best option. The accuracy usually cancels a s dodge and they cannot really chain back.
s: Usually s or s work the best. because they can resist criticals from s and all companions can get Witch Hunter. s because when separated, the companions can easily take out s and they don't have to deal with aoes
s: s have overall the easiest time, because of their high critical chance on them and s deal less damage than s .

In situations where the classes are mixed up, I usually take a mix of 1/2 melee and 1/2 ranged, depending on what class my current character is.

So go ahead, mix it up a little bit. Have intuition AND Witch hunter and see how those annoying satyr fights go , use True Grit 3 and Witch hunter to cancel ranged characters, and overall, just pick talents that suit your playstyle no matter what it is

-Stormy Sam Templeton 65

Ensign
Apr 30, 2013
I love your idea!

But I need my other fellow pirates to help me, I am stuck in Aquila but I am not going on because I am not even nautical lvl
50 so I am trying to farm in Marleybone but it is taking ages and no one is there so I have to do I alone :-(

None of my friends are ever online so what should I do?!

Smart Aedan Zest Lvl 50

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Awesome Flyer on Oct 17, 2015 wrote:
I love your idea!

But I need my other fellow pirates to help me, I am stuck in Aquila but I am not going on because I am not even nautical lvl
50 so I am trying to farm in Marleybone but it is taking ages and no one is there so I have to do I alone :-(

Smart Aedan Zest Lvl 50
Put every companion that you never, ever use on Sailin' task. Keep farming, try going to the "crowded" servers.
Any side quests that have nautical exp in your quest log?

Ensign
Oct 29, 2011
I love your idea!

Smart Aedan Zest Lvl 50
Maybe post a time and date for meeting up with people here. I know many on the message boards who would be willing to help.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I love your idea!

Smart Aedan Zest Lvl 50
Hi there Aedan & congrats to you on making it to the land of The Eagles!

You betcha that not being appropriately, nautically equipped can sure make for some rough & stormy sailing! It's easy to get caught up in the fantastic story & game play, and just keep on forging ahead in your pirate's adventures-- while somewhat neglecting that ever important Nautical Level....especially if you stick mostly to just the main story, line of questing.

As Esperanza (Anecorbie) noted, those side quests can sure help a wee bit. At first sight the side quests don't seem to give out the most 'handsome &/or lucrative' rewards, but there are quite a few that hand out modest amounts of Nautical XP. Those smaller amounts can sure add up, to the tune of a couple, or even a few Nautical levels. I always recommend collecting as many side quests as possible, then go back & finish them up once you reach a higher level. That way you can knock out a few all at once.

And she also was on point about setting some of those 'extra' crew members to Sailin'-- I mean all members must earn their weight in gold, right?! Since you are in Aquila, you should have a bunch of candidates that surely wouldn't mind helping out their trustworthy & dashing captain!

Anthony also had a great point about possibly trying to organize a Nautical XP Ship Farming 'event', whether here on the boards or even over on P101 Central (if you happen to be a member-- it is free, if interested). You may find a few powerful pirates in the same ship as you, that also wish to give their Nautical prowess a boost. If you find a small fleet of friends to blast away some enemy ships, you'll surely crank up the cannons in no time! Plus, you'll probably bring in a small haul of Scrip to add to your pirate's underground dealings.

Well, best of luck to you on becoming a Sky-faring Captain that will surely make the most fearsome Eagle beaks squeak, mighty Marleybone Dogs tuck tail & run, and leave cowardly MooShu beasts out to pasture!

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
Attention All!

This was a forum from long ago that I enjoyed reading from and I intend to get the conversation going again.

As recently, I beat the Regatta with me and two other friends of mine. In this instance, It was incredibly hard. I myself am a nautical level 58 (as I post this, anyways) and it wasn't much of a challenge near the end because we found out a neat trick.

Basically what you do is you and you're other friends or if you're by yourself, charge in and destroy one or two ships quickly because they seem to be the easiest, then flee back to the docks and wait for your ship to heal up once again, and keep doing this. In some scenarios you may need to use potions, well what we would do (me, and my two friends, that is) is while on the docks, we'd all go back to skull island, refill our health and buy more potions, then returning back to the Regatta. You shouldn't need to do this after every wave of ships that you encounter, as we didn't. I may have missed a few key parts of this so I send out further apologies.

-Brave Wolf West 65

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
Does anyone have advice for getting good ship equipment.I'm level thirty two, and i finished the game

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
rex1556 on Jan 19, 2016 wrote:
Does anyone have advice for getting good ship equipment.I'm level thirty two, and i finished the game
If you mean your nautical experience is 32 then I would send some companions to Sailin' task to raise it. Attacking boss ships ( or any ship ) and sinking it, not boarding, may get you ship equipment drops. Or you can try the bazaar and see what's available, or go to a ship vender. Or if you have the crowns the crown shop has excellent equipment for ships.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
In moo Manchu tower on the terracotta floor place out barricades in front of your team this makes the floor soo much easier with a dodge buff

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
Anone need any help, or advice?I'd be glad to help

Ensign
Nov 23, 2012
USE YOUR POWERS. I taught my sister how to play, but she never EVER uses her powers. She is a level 6 , so she is facing off against some pretty tough people, and she never uses her powers. I highly suggest farming the master to get the shrimpy necklace that gives you the power that goes with your class. And if your a , get a weapon and use your practice points in the musketeers roost.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
TheLegoPirate on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
USE YOUR POWERS. I taught my sister how to play, but she never EVER uses her powers. She is a level 6 , so she is facing off against some pretty tough people, and she never uses her powers. I highly suggest farming the master to get the shrimpy necklace that gives you the power that goes with your class. And if your a , get a weapon and use your practice points in the musketeers roost.
Hi there TheLegoPirate! Welcome to the PHP thread and also, a late welcome to the message boards goes out to you, as well!

Thank you so much for that helpful advice. It is so easy for most of us to understand the combat system and grasp how to use powers-- especially for those in middle/high school, college and even, dare I say, older players such as myself. But there are a lot of really young players out there that just want to have a blast being a pirate. And this game is as pirate-y and blastacular, as they come! So for those much younger players and even those that may not have fully grasped P101 combat...your helpful tip is simply a fantastic one. And it is just what this thread and Community and these message boards are all about-- helping others out! No matter how small or simple the tip/strategy/hint, when added up they can all add up to helping make others' game play that much more.....ARRESOME!!!

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to help share some of your piratical wisdom. We surely appreciate you stopping in to help out. Keep on piratin' and best of luck to you and your sister.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
New tips.
I walk this lonely ship, on the blvd of broken armada. Okay tip for farming rooke and bishop. Farm 12-2am cst not the best time but they seem to drop better.
Goldplay: this goes for getting a good place to farm for gild while getting good drops try rooke, through chaos as the ships swirl it's us against the robotic world.
The the sailing hymlics experience: just a tip, remember to always swith to the little white talking bubble if your talking with friends. Even if captain chat is off if you talk while it's on it will show for other people who can see it. Now excuse me while I go kiss the spirals sky.
Now let the beating and lols begin now it's been a hard days night and ive been working like a mb dog, now I'm going to be sleeping like a log

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
In marleybone there is a ship called the hart of gold that respawn every minute or two and drops about 4-10 scrip when killed.

Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
Ok, so here is my first tip. Keep in mind that this is something that worked for me and really made the game so much easier and enjoyable- but it is not necessarily for everyone.

This tip is in regards to crown usage so clearly not everyone will be able to use it, since not everyone has endless crowns just floating around. I know I jumped the blunderbuss a bit by going straight to tips on using crowns but it was the first thing that came to mind as far as what truly made life as a pirate much easier. So here it goes.

I know when it comes to crown purchases most people want the 'shiny new companions' or nifty little mounts which are wonderful by all means. However owning that new companion doesn't always translate into success in the Spiral. With that being said, if you are lucky enough to have access to crowns, I have found that -at least for me- it is far better to spend them on top of the line ships and ship parts for your current level and world. Required ship battles for quests against tough, higher level enemies, can be rather bothersome if your are battling a galleon with your trusty little skiff.

This is especially true if you are not able to nautical farm with friends and have to go solo. Being able to have decisive naval superiority over the enemy is a thing of beauty and makes the sailing that much smoother. Knowing that you can blast enemy ships out of the skyway without popping a vein in your forehead can make the game that much more enjoyable.

Especially, for example, when you get that quest that requires you to collect 8 things of rice from Inoshishi ships but only have collected 1 after 10 battles. Additionally it is nice to not have to board every time you engage in a ship battle, due to the fact that your ship is severely outgunned.

So by all means spend your crowns on what you fancy but for ease of gameplay, in my opinion, it helps to go ship shopping.
I'm going to add on this, agreeing that ship parts are most needed for ease in the game. Also, don't waste crowns on a new companion because it looks cool or it's cheap. I made those mistakes buying Fin Dorsal and that Waponi Slingshot dude because he was like 3000 crowns. If you really want to buy a companion from the crown shop, I recommend buying Keisuke Yagi, Waygu Sanjuro, Lucy Sterling, or Goronado. All of them, and their story counterparts, can chain attacks over and over again, dealing some major damage! Hope I helped some of you guys!