Pirates Helping Pirates, (PHP)

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5477
It's come to my attention that not many players are aware that if a companion doing a promotion quest gets wounded, YOU DON'T HAVE TO STOP the quest until they get better. Keep going, when it comes time for the companion to fight he/she will be revived with no penalty! Just remember to put them back on bedrest after the fight. When the promotion goes through, that companion will BE HEALED, without needing to paying Mitch.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
352
Tips for farming-Farm bosses that you can easily fight
Like fin dorsal on your lower level if you want to.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
352
Tips for chumba wumba choose your best companions and then activate the statues

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
304
krokotopia pirate on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
Tips for chumba wumba choose your best companions and then activate the statues
Actually, I think you have to defeat Chumba Wumba once, then he'll get back up again. Then you activate the statues.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
352
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2674
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
Thank you Chris, I am glad that this thread has helped you and others, a bit.

To me, this is surely not my thread, but a thread shared by all of the wonderful players and posters out there that have been so thoughtful to share any strategies, tips and/or recommendations that have helped them with their own Spiral adventures. Being able to pass on anything that may help a fellow player is to me, a duty, a responsibility and a pleasure that I enjoy thoroughly. I am very appreciative to all of the awesome posters who have offered up anything that can help their pirate friends out.

I sure hope the thread to continues to grow with the addition of any future, new content and as the game grows. Even with the most recent updates, there is a lot of info out there that can be shared to help in regards to companion tasks, new battle strategies and the new pet systems. I encourage anyone to share anything that they believe will aid there Spiral, battle mates.

I have some catching up to do myself when it comes to adding a few tips, strategies and helpful information to the thread and hope to soon. Also I need to follow up on some of the most recent tips that others have been kind enough to offer up......if I could only use Crowns to buy more time!

Well, glad you have been enjoying the thread and thank you for stopping in to provide some encouraging words!
Quoting only for extra 1000 characters....never can be too safe these days!

GOLD TIP- Collecting from Pet Task- Scavangin' & Plunderin' combined (kind of sort of)

Ok, so this is a little tip just to help with that ever present need for more gold. It is something that can be done in the background, so-to-speak, while your pirate goes on about it's normal piratical ways. And it involves Pet Task collecting. Yep, you heard it right, not companion tasks...but instead using our faithful critters to Scavenge for high quality gear that can be sold for nice amounts of gold.

Ok, so first you will want to have at least a handful of "extra pets" that possibly you got from trying to morph in hopes of acquiring hybrids or from helping other pirates trying to add to their pet collections. For most pirates that are into Pet Morphing, it shouldn't be a problem to scrounge up some hatchlings from previous morphing attempts. Now this tip is beneficial to those that are mostly concentrating on training one or possibly just a couple pets, since it involves spending Energy from training.

What you do is train your hatchlings in the Skull Island event, Sculling -- which will yield the pet gear, Island Scull. Do this with all available hatchlings or very low level pets and feed them low level Snacks (or not if you wish) until they get to level 10. Upon reaching level 10, start training them in the Skull Island event, The Hornpipe -- which requires the previously collected Island Scull gear. The Hornpipe event gives Bars and also has a chance to give the pet gear, Bosun's Whistle...which is "secret" gear not listed for the event. The Bosun's Whistle is what we are after here as it sells at Pet Vendors for 1020 gold a piece. After your pets complete The Hornpipe, do not feed them a Snack or Skip. This is so that those pets remain as low level as possible, for as long as possible to keep lowered both the amount of time and the amount of energy needed for training.

Since your pets being used are low level and you are training them in a low level Skull Island event, it will not cost you much in regards to time and energy. With your pets between level 10-14 it should take less than 35- minutes to complete and 5 energy or less, and you will be able to get a decent amount of events in. If pets designated to "tasking" start to get too high in level (which will take a while just to get to level 20) then just replace them with a new hatchling or low level pet.

Again, you will not receive Bosun's Whistle every time, so it is a good idea to set several to The Hornpipe event, but every one brought back will add 1020 gold to your vault and any extra gold (especially being gained in the background) can help. I have about 1-11/2 pages of "extra" pets doing this and about every 30 minutes or so, they come back with 5-10+ Whistle's (up to 10,000+ gold) when they would otherwise be idle. Beats waiting 2-3 days for a companion to bring back 633 gold or gear to sell for around 1000.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 18, 2014 wrote:
Quoting only for extra 1000 characters....never can be too safe these days!

GOLD TIP- Collecting from Pet Task- Scavangin' & Plunderin' combined (kind of sort of)

Ok, so this is a little tip just to help with that ever present need for more gold. It is something that can be done in the background, so-to-speak, while your pirate goes on about it's normal piratical ways. And it involves Pet Task collecting. Yep, you heard it right, not companion tasks...but instead using our faithful critters to Scavenge for high quality gear that can be sold for nice amounts of gold.

Ok, so first you will want to have at least a handful of "extra pets" that possibly you got from trying to morph in hopes of acquiring hybrids or from helping other pirates trying to add to their pet collections. For most pirates that are into Pet Morphing, it shouldn't be a problem to scrounge up some hatchlings from previous morphing attempts. Now this tip is beneficial to those that are mostly concentrating on training one or possibly just a couple pets, since it involves spending Energy from training.

What you do is train your hatchlings in the Skull Island event, Sculling -- which will yield the pet gear, Island Scull. Do this with all available hatchlings or very low level pets and feed them low level Snacks (or not if you wish) until they get to level 10. Upon reaching level 10, start training them in the Skull Island event, The Hornpipe -- which requires the previously collected Island Scull gear. The Hornpipe event gives Bars and also has a chance to give the pet gear, Bosun's Whistle...which is "secret" gear not listed for the event. The Bosun's Whistle is what we are after here as it sells at Pet Vendors for 1020 gold a piece. After your pets complete The Hornpipe, do not feed them a Snack or Skip. This is so that those pets remain as low level as possible, for as long as possible to keep lowered both the amount of time and the amount of energy needed for training.

Since your pets being used are low level and you are training them in a low level Skull Island event, it will not cost you much in regards to time and energy. With your pets between level 10-14 it should take less than 35- minutes to complete and 5 energy or less, and you will be able to get a decent amount of events in. If pets designated to "tasking" start to get too high in level (which will take a while just to get to level 20) then just replace them with a new hatchling or low level pet.

Again, you will not receive Bosun's Whistle every time, so it is a good idea to set several to The Hornpipe event, but every one brought back will add 1020 gold to your vault and any extra gold (especially being gained in the background) can help. I have about 1-11/2 pages of "extra" pets doing this and about every 30 minutes or so, they come back with 5-10+ Whistle's (up to 10,000+ gold) when they would otherwise be idle. Beats waiting 2-3 days for a companion to bring back 633 gold or gear to sell for around 1000.
Whoa Now that Sir is pure genius.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2674
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
Whoa Now that Sir is pure genius.
Aww, shucks Chrissy-- nah that is just paying attention to what should be useless or mindless results! I kept wondering where my Bosun Whistles were coming from and I checked most of the training events from all the worlds and couldn't come up with an answer.

I had already noticed that we had the chance of getting the Sandals of Nike from the Marleybonean event, Wind Sprints...and it too was not listed. So, I put 2 and 2 together and came up......with a mighty headache! Then I noticed that The Horn Pipe name itself references a wind instrument and even the little nutty squirrel on it is playing a wind instrument. So, this time I took 2 away from 2 and I got........indigestion. After a purple pill and a "hello" to Larry, I figured that was where they must have been coming from and began to watch more intently.

Now I just need to figure out if there is anything that "triggers" whether you get the Bosun's Whistle or if it is just a random percentage. At first I thought it was that each pet could get one per pet level, but that didn't hold true, so I must do some more investigating. Sometimes I only get one or two for 12-18 pets and other times I come away with 6-10. But either way, like I noted, even getting 2 back in a span of 35 minutes (so, 2040 gold), sure beats waiting 2-3 days for a companion to come back with 600 or so gold.

Through careful observation and documentation, I am discovering that Decius and Ratbeard have given us so many more ways to gain gold then we even realize or know about. We just have to take the time to figure them out and take advantage of them. The Bosun's Whistle one is a great way to help with gold and it requires minimum effort, resources and Energy. Even if you only put 3-5 low level pets on The Hornpipe "task", you will help bring in some extra coinage while still being able to train your other pets.

So thank you Decius and Ratbeard!

Now I must divide 2 by 2 and hope I don't come up with........

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
568
These topics be genius, Valkoor me friend this post ye made awhile ago be one ye best ones I've ever seen pure genius it be, ye truly out done ye self, well done me friend well done indeed.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2674
jack morgan933 on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
These topics be genius, Valkoor me friend this post ye made awhile ago be one ye best ones I've ever seen pure genius it be, ye truly out done ye self, well done me friend well done indeed.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Why thank you Jack my friend, I greatly appreciate the super kind words. This thread is a testament to how we can all work together to help each other out. So many wonderful posters and people have contributed in a fantastic effort to help other players out.

You know, in the end it doesn't matter which class is better then the other, who has the upper hand at what, what's OP/not OP, who's the best at this or that, my strategy is better than yours, and so-on and so-on -- nope it's simply about coming together to help other pirates out, as a community, to provide a better gaming experience for everyone and every class. The players and posters who have come together to share their wisdom, tips, strategies and great insight are doing just that and are providing new players and players of old a chance to gain any bit of knowledge that may help them in the game.

It was my intentions, upon joining the game and the message boards, to try to find any way that I could to help fellow players out. Thanks to so many great people who have contributed here and in other wonderful threads, I truly do believe that a lot of new and longtime pirates have been helped in many areas.

I encourage any out there with anything at all to share with their friends and fellow pirates, to do so. There's still a lot of great tips, strategies and helpful info out there to be had by any seeking it. With all of the new updates there are sure to be many new tips: whether they are about PvP, pet morphing and training, pets in combat, companion tasks, companion usage in battle, tips on efficiently using doubloons, gold-gaining tips, gear specific strategies, combat and battle strategies, navigating through menus or the options, nautical tips, sirloin tips, dungeon and boss specific strategies.....etc -- they all can help. There's a lot that can still be added, especially with all of the updates and new system(s) implementations. And not to mention, any new world(s), enemies, fleets and bosses on the near horizon.

So, thank you to all who have contributed and please everyone keep the tips and strategies coming.......your fellow pirates bobbly head may depend on it, and I appreciate it greatly. And thanks again for the nice words Jack.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
Why thank you Jack my friend, I greatly appreciate the super kind words. This thread is a testament to how we can all work together to help each other out. So many wonderful posters and people have contributed in a fantastic effort to help other players out.

You know, in the end it doesn't matter which class is better then the other, who has the upper hand at what, what's OP/not OP, who's the best at this or that, my strategy is better than yours, and so-on and so-on -- nope it's simply about coming together to help other pirates out, as a community, to provide a better gaming experience for everyone and every class. The players and posters who have come together to share their wisdom, tips, strategies and great insight are doing just that and are providing new players and players of old a chance to gain any bit of knowledge that may help them in the game.

It was my intentions, upon joining the game and the message boards, to try to find any way that I could to help fellow players out. Thanks to so many great people who have contributed here and in other wonderful threads, I truly do believe that a lot of new and longtime pirates have been helped in many areas.

I encourage any out there with anything at all to share with their friends and fellow pirates, to do so. There's still a lot of great tips, strategies and helpful info out there to be had by any seeking it. With all of the new updates there are sure to be many new tips: whether they are about PvP, pet morphing and training, pets in combat, companion tasks, companion usage in battle, tips on efficiently using doubloons, gold-gaining tips, gear specific strategies, combat and battle strategies, navigating through menus or the options, nautical tips, sirloin tips, dungeon and boss specific strategies.....etc -- they all can help. There's a lot that can still be added, especially with all of the updates and new system(s) implementations. And not to mention, any new world(s), enemies, fleets and bosses on the near horizon.

So, thank you to all who have contributed and please everyone keep the tips and strategies coming.......your fellow pirates bobbly head may depend on it, and I appreciate it greatly. And thanks again for the nice words Jack.
Lol "Sirloin Tips" Sneakily inserted and delightfully appreciated the surprise giggle.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2674
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Lol "Sirloin Tips" Sneakily inserted and delightfully appreciated the surprise giggle.
TeeHee, I knew that wouldn't get by you and would give you a little giggle. Hey, that's one of the best kind of tip there is....well for me at least, being a carnivore and all! Just more of me never STIFLING!

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
79
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
Thank you Chris, I am glad that this thread has helped you and others, a bit.

To me, this is surely not my thread, but a thread shared by all of the wonderful players and posters out there that have been so thoughtful to share any strategies, tips and/or recommendations that have helped them with their own Spiral adventures. Being able to pass on anything that may help a fellow player is to me, a duty, a responsibility and a pleasure that I enjoy thoroughly. I am very appreciative to all of the awesome posters who have offered up anything that can help their pirate friends out.

I sure hope the thread to continues to grow with the addition of any future, new content and as the game grows. Even with the most recent updates, there is a lot of info out there that can be shared to help in regards to companion tasks, new battle strategies and the new pet systems. I encourage anyone to share anything that they believe will aid there Spiral, battle mates.

I have some catching up to do myself when it comes to adding a few tips, strategies and helpful information to the thread and hope to soon. Also I need to follow up on some of the most recent tips that others have been kind enough to offer up......if I could only use Crowns to buy more time!

Well, glad you have been enjoying the thread and thank you for stopping in to provide some encouraging words!


Well, man that is a genius at work and thanks for the tip, I hope you can recognize my name, aswell too you Chrissy!

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
79
Battle Tip For Musketeers.
Hopefully by the time you read this, my fellow musketeers, you have atleast done Ol'Fish eye's sidequest for that bomb talent he gives you, along with the two other you just get from training from him. This strategy will work alot better if you have a higher leveled Louis Le Bisque. I call it the bomb strategy, many are aware of. What you do is find the lane that's most likely for the enemies to take to come to you, on your first turn, have all the people you can, drop bombs infront of all the enemies at once, it's like a mine field they're forced to walk through in this case, it makes your job alot easier considering you've taken most of atleast 1 or 2 guys health. Finally comes my favorite part, blast them into the skyways! With all the powerful moves that musketeers come with, you should be able to demolish the rest of them in a shorter time frame, as a Musketeer I've defeated the Hydra Dragon, The very last dungeon in the Palace of Ulysses, and so much more annoying dungeons useing the "bomb" strategy. Good luck my Musketeers and fellow friends!

Brave Wolf West, King of Cheese Doodles 65

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
79
I know this is off topic but just knowing whenever I post there's people who like what I have willing to say and give it a yar, thank you all for the support, tanks you, tanks you!

Brave Wolf West, King of Cheese Doodles 65

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2674
chiefbuppydoodles on Sep 14, 2014 wrote:
I know this is off topic but just knowing whenever I post there's people who like what I have willing to say and give it a yar, thank you all for the support, tanks you, tanks you!

Brave Wolf West, King of Cheese Doodles 65
Helly Cheesy Brave Wolf King of Doodley Buppies! You are quite welcome and we all try to give each other support-- that's what us marauders do! Thanks for the great Musketeer tips......they were the BOMB!

Can't wait to give my young Musketeer some more playing time, so I can have some fun laying down a mind field and oodles of traps for the enemy. Your bomb strategy is a great one and thank you for providing such a great tip. And welcome aboard the PHP thread.

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
79
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 14, 2014 wrote:
Helly Cheesy Brave Wolf King of Doodley Buppies! You are quite welcome and we all try to give each other support-- that's what us marauders do! Thanks for the great Musketeer tips......they were the BOMB!

Can't wait to give my young Musketeer some more playing time, so I can have some fun laying down a mind field and oodles of traps for the enemy. Your bomb strategy is a great one and thank you for providing such a great tip. And welcome aboard the PHP thread.
Thank you my good friend, tanks you tanks you!

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
79
Another quick tip, (for Musketeers, ) That I have a strategy I still use in PvP is basically, like sending a tank out and giving him some cover fire, I'll go into further explanation. First off, I use Exeter (Otter Commander) Bonnie Anne, and Hawkules for this strategy. What I first do is use this Damage Protection talent that Musketeers train in, which does 25% Damage Protection for 10 turns, Alright. 1st Step, Do the Damage Protection talent on Hawkules, (or for whoever else) and send him right to the pile of ballerinas of doom, or whoever your battling, and let him battle yattayatta, but, as your doing that, keep yourself, your musketeer companions at a distance, and keep firing everything you got. (I am usually providing healing, talent boosting, etc etc.) And well that's quite it. Thank you for reading and I hope this strategy works!

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
79
Speaking of the which, Does anybody know how to get Goronado?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
chiefbuppydoodles on Sep 19, 2014 wrote:
Speaking of the which, Does anybody know how to get Goronado?
Yar, if ye keelhaul him 25 times, it gunna unlock him in th' crown shop and ye'cn then toss a bag 'o treasure at th' clerk and shanghai him inta yer crew.

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
126
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
Aww, shucks Chrissy-- nah that is just paying attention to what should be useless or mindless results! I kept wondering where my Bosun Whistles were coming from and I checked most of the training events from all the worlds and couldn't come up with an answer.

I had already noticed that we had the chance of getting the Sandals of Nike from the Marleybonean event, Wind Sprints...and it too was not listed. So, I put 2 and 2 together and came up......with a mighty headache! Then I noticed that The Horn Pipe name itself references a wind instrument and even the little nutty squirrel on it is playing a wind instrument. So, this time I took 2 away from 2 and I got........indigestion. After a purple pill and a "hello" to Larry, I figured that was where they must have been coming from and began to watch more intently.

Now I just need to figure out if there is anything that "triggers" whether you get the Bosun's Whistle or if it is just a random percentage. At first I thought it was that each pet could get one per pet level, but that didn't hold true, so I must do some more investigating. Sometimes I only get one or two for 12-18 pets and other times I come away with 6-10. But either way, like I noted, even getting 2 back in a span of 35 minutes (so, 2040 gold), sure beats waiting 2-3 days for a companion to come back with 600 or so gold.

Through careful observation and documentation, I am discovering that Decius and Ratbeard have given us so many more ways to gain gold then we even realize or know about. We just have to take the time to figure them out and take advantage of them. The Bosun's Whistle one is a great way to help with gold and it requires minimum effort, resources and Energy. Even if you only put 3-5 low level pets on The Hornpipe "task", you will help bring in some extra coinage while still being able to train your other pets.

So thank you Decius and Ratbeard!

Now I must divide 2 by 2 and hope I don't come up with........
I have expanded on this idea Valkoor. I have 4 pets doing the hornpipe which might give a couple of whistles but always gives bars. The bars I use for the monkey bars in the monquista section. In addition to my whistle blowers I have 4 pets monkeying around on the bars. This activity nets you the racket which can be sold for 450 gold at Beastia vendors.
So beside tooting my own horn for a chance at a couple thousand I also flip around the bars for a guaranteed cash prize each time with 4 pets you get 1800 gold each time.
I hope this might help some other gather a gold horde too

i

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
79
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 19, 2014 wrote:
Yar, if ye keelhaul him 25 times, it gunna unlock him in th' crown shop and ye'cn then toss a bag 'o treasure at th' clerk and shanghai him inta yer crew.
Thanks, do you mean defeat Gortez 25 times? Or is there a side quest?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2674
jeffreyskullpants on Sep 19, 2014 wrote:
I have expanded on this idea Valkoor. I have 4 pets doing the hornpipe which might give a couple of whistles but always gives bars. The bars I use for the monkey bars in the monquista section. In addition to my whistle blowers I have 4 pets monkeying around on the bars. This activity nets you the racket which can be sold for 450 gold at Beastia vendors.
So beside tooting my own horn for a chance at a couple thousand I also flip around the bars for a guaranteed cash prize each time with 4 pets you get 1800 gold each time.
I hope this might help some other gather a gold horde too

i
That's a great idea Jeffrey, and yes, absolutely- I sell off all those extra rackets from the MQ training event, Monkey Bars, as well, after training with the Bars obtained from Hornpipe. I have sold off a whoppin', couple hundred rackets at once before, thanks to hundreds of Rackets acquired from hundreds of Bars gained from "The Hornpipe" training.

That's one of the great things about the Pet Training system, so many ways to gain extra gold from selling off pet gear. With the MooShu events alone, I believe that the top 3 events (Sumo Match, Crane Meditation, Tiger Meditation) give you a chance at sanding pads, brushes and sumo belts-- all of which can be sold for 1080 a piece. And if you don't get those items, like you noted, you can use what you get to train in an event that rewards even higher priced gear or just sell the gear from those MooShu events.

So here's the training map you are referring to...so to speak.

Train in the Skull Island event, Sculling from levels 1 thru 9-- gain Island Scull gear to train in Skull Island event, "The Hornpipe", levels 10 thru14-- gain Bars (and possibly Bosun's Whistle) gear to train in Monquista event, Monkey Bars level 15+-- gain Racket gear, which will sell for 450 gold a piece and sell any Bosun's Whistles gained in the process for 1080 gold a piece.

Like you stated, that's a lot of guaranteed Rackets that can be sold for quite a chunk of gold. You can also go further down the line with the latter gear, but it requires a combination of other gear and yields 'standard gear' with a chance at the 1080 gold a piece gear. But the above scenario will keep the gear and the gold coming in with the guarantee that you get the Rackets to sell, and possibly quite a few Bosun's Whistles as well.

Thanks a lot for noting and providing that great add on tip and info Jeffrey, I use your tip and the above 'training map' all the time to get Whistles and Rackets to sell. I just never bothered adding the Racket part to the thread and to the Whistle tip......so I thank you for doing so!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
A word of advice in the Nefarious Five fight,Faye.She may look and seem charming,pretty,good*slaps self* but she is not,and if you do get charmed,that might be the bane of your crew.

Also,don't try to give her flowers,she's allergic.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
chiefbuppydoodles on Sep 19, 2014 wrote:
Thanks, do you mean defeat Gortez 25 times? Or is there a side quest?
No side quest, just go back in and illuminate him another 24 times and it unlocks it in the crown shop.