Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirates Helping Pirates, (PHP)

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 1, 2014 wrote:
I'd offer to join you for a tower run Wolf, but my schedule is pretty hectic these days and a 2+ hour block of time is hard to coordinate for me. Perhaps if you posted a new thread to try and organize a Tower Storming Party, you may get some responses from some great pirates and posters, and form a nice group to take on Moo and his Nefarious Forces.
Thanks, I'm still on a mission too find a crew of people who are okay with me drinking the elixir, I want those red glowing eyes so bad

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
Does anybody know a way to increase the chance of the weapon drop in the Nefarious 5 fight? So far I've gotten the weapon, weapon, weapon. I'm trying to go for the one next so I can finish the collection for each one of my characters, anybody got tips?

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
Since I recently got the Nefarious Nova Blaster, ( the nefarious five weapon drop ), And as of now posted that I'm looking for tips to the privateer weapon drop, -Thinks to self, "Overpowered Musketeer weapon, (of my overpowered stuff my pirates own list) check.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiefbuppydoodles on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
Does anybody know a way to increase the chance of the weapon drop in the Nefarious 5 fight? So far I've gotten the weapon, weapon, weapon. I'm trying to go for the one next so I can finish the collection for each one of my characters, anybody got tips?
There is NO WAY to statistically improve your chances of receiving drops, despite certain myths you may hear in the tower.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:
Very nicely done Felix and super funny too. Who doesn't love puns, flowers and cheese. Well, maybe someone that is allergic to any of the three or heavens for bid, all three of them.

But yes you are right, the thread seems to have taken a bit of a right turn on a NASCAR track. So I will get back to the business at hand. But first I must thank you for the wonderful creativity, the laughs, the puns and the blessings as well as the giggles....and send them right back at you.

So.......here's a small little tip for the pet enthusiasts out there.

Pirate Leveling/Energy Refill Tip

This is a simple little tip that may be useful to those that pirates that have not yet maxed out and also enjoy training up numerous faithful little critters. We all know that with the Spiral Economy these days, Energy for pet training is so hard to come by and even harder to keep around. This is especially true if you are like me and are training several pets at the same time (several pages for me) and once those pets start to level up and use more Energy per training event.

If your pirate is close to leveling up, make sure to train as many pets as possible and use up all Energy before you go do a quest that will level your pirate up. When you level up, your Energy will refill to the new max for that level in the same manner as your health does. So, you can finish training as many pets as possible, go do the quest or quests that will level you up, and then have a full bottle of energy to train more pets with.

This is especially helpful in those spots in the game where you level up rather quickly and if you have many pets to train as well as early in the game.

Just a little tip that may help your cute cuddlies and sinister sidekicks level up a wee bit faster.
Blade Storms, Critical Cards and Resets......OH, MY!

This is a tip or a suggestion to possibly help get the most out of your crew & their talents & powers. For easier explaining I will use Blade Storm as an example, but you can surely do this with Double Tap or Mojo Rising for ranged companions as well.

With the update to Blade Storm triggering from Critical Hits (Epic/Mega/Super), it's a good idea to reset & train those companions that can take advantage of it. More specifically the companions that have a guaranteed Critical Hit Card(s). If a companion has a Crit. Hit card, it is a great idea to give that crew member at least one rank of Blade Storm. By doing this you are guaranteeing at least 2 attack attempts on the enemy. If your companion also has Relentless rank 2 or 3, then you are giving your crew member a minimum of 2 chances at those Relentless being triggered.

Combining Blade Storm, Relentless & a Critical Hit Power Card is a powerful combo for melee companions. Before the update many of my Buccaneer companions were trained in Relentless 3 & other talents, while Blade Storm was primarily left out of the mix. Because of the updates to BS, I went through & reset every Bucc with a Crit. Hit card (still need to do other class companions w/ Crit. Hit cards), with at least one rank of Blade Storm. That meant possibly taking away a rank of Relentless, which is not such a bad thing. Taking one rank of Relentless & giving it to the Blade Storm talent, just means that you just gave your companion a guaranteed bonus attack, from using it's 1 or 2 Critical Hit powers. Relentless is a random roll as to whether or not it triggers, while Blade Storm is guaranteed to trigger from that Crit. power card(s). Plus, it gives an added attack to lend to triggering those multiple Relentless (if it lands).

Now you could say that Relentless is good for every round & once you use up your companions' Crit. Hit card(s), there is no guarantee that they will receive other Critical Strikes in the following rounds, & thus possibly not trigger the Blade Storm(s). However, all it takes is a buff or two of your companions' primary stat, to greatly increase the chances that they receive a Critical Hit in every subsequent round.....thus triggering Blade Storm in every round....and more chances at Relentless kicking in.

So, I recommend training in at least one rank of Blade Storm, & at least 2 ranks of Relentless for Buccaneer companions that can, & that also have a guaranteed Critical Strike power card. You can also choose multiple ranks of each talent-- just make sure to Stat Buff multiple times for a better chance of attacks going critical & receiving multiple Blade Storms.

My Grizzly guy Baar, has Blade Storm 2, Relentless 3, Flanking & Vengeance Strike. With a mix of Accuracy, Strength & Crit. Boost Buffs/Doubloons & along with proper positioning, Baar is able to execute chains of 9 strikes, with many or most of them being Critical Hits. He truly is a Grizzly BEAST!

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
There is NO WAY to statistically improve your chances of receiving drops, despite certain myths you may hear in the tower.
Thanks for the tip, but I'm gonna just use my Privateer in the tower despite. My quest to recreate the Nefarious 5 will succeed!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
HEAD=YES

TUMMY=CONTRARIWISE

SLOW PATS=NO

Ratbeard said the code is working as intended.

Just kidding,of course,but farming in this realm and that,not using this power/doubloon,using certain weapon/companions etc. and most peculiar,riding certain mounts outside of battle, are NOT sure ways of improving quality/quantity/quality and quantity of various drops.

Though,I'm pretty sure you can go look in your settings to see if you can change the TUMMY to counterclockwise or turn the slow pats on

Ensign
May 25, 2011
I think it's not a point at hand and I really think people should rather tend to there quest people also saying that they just joined to help! it don't help the fight that hand me or any one else needs to have only to people per fight's

Ensign
May 25, 2011
i hate being killed every time four people join I think only in outer realms only two manned fights are set or when people show off there power and be cool its dumbor act better then others also I think the first fighter can block other out of the fight plz
'

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
wdoctor972 on Oct 17, 2014 wrote:
i hate being killed every time four people join I think only in outer realms only two manned fights are set or when people show off there power and be cool its dumbor act better then others also I think the first fighter can block other out of the fight plz
'
What are you talking about? The tower? Or just people joining your quests in general? If you don't want anyone to teleport into your fights you can block friend teleports on the same settings menu. If your talking about random people walking up to your battle and joining it there is no way to stop that. If you don't want other players to join tell them you want to work alone. It is your right to play as you see fit.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
sorry it's been so long guys, i had stuff in real life, what did i miss!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I would have posted this on Wednesday, but with the excitement of going to see The Hobbit: the Battle of the Five Armies (which was fantastic!!) it completely slipped my mind.

I just wanted to say congrats to Valkoor for having started this thread a year (and two days) ago and that it is still going strong with over 400 replies! It warms my heart to see pirates of all kinds coming together to share their helpful strategies. Whether it be a max-level pirate with plenty of experience or a pirate still questing in the Spiral, everyone has had something to contribute that benefits the rest of our Marauder community. So thanks to all of you for sharing your tips and tricks, and I hope to see this thread continue.

I wish you all a very merry Christmas!

~Misty

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
I would have posted this on Wednesday, but with the excitement of going to see The Hobbit: the Battle of the Five Armies (which was fantastic!!) it completely slipped my mind.

I just wanted to say congrats to Valkoor for having started this thread a year (and two days) ago and that it is still going strong with over 400 replies! It warms my heart to see pirates of all kinds coming together to share their helpful strategies. Whether it be a max-level pirate with plenty of experience or a pirate still questing in the Spiral, everyone has had something to contribute that benefits the rest of our Marauder community. So thanks to all of you for sharing your tips and tricks, and I hope to see this thread continue.

I wish you all a very merry Christmas!

~Misty
Misty, I meant to reply to this the other day-- as you well know from our wacky Spiral conversing.

Thank you so much for the nice post and for the wonderful acknowledging of all the great and helpful pirates that shared their piratical wisdom throughout the PhP thread, in an effort to help out fellow players. I completely echo your thoughts and am so proud of all the many marauders who took the time to lend a hook to other pirates out there by sharing tips, strategies, links to guides and any other tidbits that they thought would help out. So yes, SUPER HUGE thank you to all of you!

And please keep the tips and strategies coming! There's been a lot of changes to battle, combat power usage, companions, pets and so much more. We've received Mighty Morphing, Advanced Companions, Combat Tweaks, Black Market content, a housing gauntlet, the Tower of Moo and all sorts of other glorious updates that surely bring new strategies and tips along with them. So, I encourage any who wish to share any type of tip that could help another fellow pirate out, to please feel free to share. Plus there's so much more that could be added from past content that could most certainly help someone out of a sticky situation. Adding specific strategies and tips for certain, dungeons, boss battles and even mob battles would be a fantastic addition, that could just save a pirate's hide. A lot of us may have been maxed a long time ago, but there certainly were places and times that we ran into tough spots.

What helped us out?....got us over the hump?....did the trick for us?....put the wind back in our sails? Whatever it may have been, it can surely be passed on to other, newer players who may be in the same tight spot. Just because we are maxed and past those areas, it doesn't mean we can't continue to offer assistance to those whom are encountering them for the very first time. So, keep up the amazing work and keep those tips and strategies coming. Many a heads have kept from bobbling because of players being willing to help out...and we thank you all kindly!

And remember no tip or form of help is too small....for every small tip offered up, there could be just one pirate waiting to learn it and benefit from it. And that's a great thing!

Thanks again Misty and Merry Christmas to you and your family and all other pirates out there too!

Ensign
Mar 16, 2013
beat the game as all you need to do is stay back give bonuses/heals to companions let them attack

happy and fair swiling bloody jordan nightingale lvl 65

happy spring break

Ensign
May 30, 2010
Hello, I'm a musketeer, and I am definitely an inexperienced player strategically. I was wondering which companions are good for a musketeer team. Also what kind of order should my powers be in

Thanks Witty Noah Nightingale

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fluzzard2 on Mar 21, 2015 wrote:
Hello, I'm a musketeer, and I am definitely an inexperienced player strategically. I was wondering which companions are good for a musketeer team. Also what kind of order should my powers be in

Thanks Witty Noah Nightingale
Have your traps, barriers, and bombs in the front; you want to be able to hit them before they get to you. It can't hurt to have at least one buccaneer or swashbuckler on the board to protect you. Ratbeard is very good for this as he has Hold the line.

Ensign
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Mar 21, 2015 wrote:
Have your traps, barriers, and bombs in the front; you want to be able to hit them before they get to you. It can't hurt to have at least one buccaneer or swashbuckler on the board to protect you. Ratbeard is very good for this as he has Hold the line.
Thanks, this makes logical sense, but Would my team of Bonnie, Hawkules, and Laarn the privateer beastmaster be good or should I change? Sorry I fergot to mention that I'm just not strategically great, but high leveled

Witty Noah Nitingale

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fluzzard2 on Mar 24, 2015 wrote:
Thanks, this makes logical sense, but Would my team of Bonnie, Hawkules, and Laarn the privateer beastmaster be good or should I change? Sorry I fergot to mention that I'm just not strategically great, but high leveled

Witty Noah Nitingale
These are good crew members, but why aren't you using Chantal or Louis? On my musketeer both these are her core team ( one or the other are in use always. )

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Fluzzard2 on Mar 24, 2015 wrote:

Witty Noah Nitingale
You have no need to apologize. There are many ways to win a battle and just because other players do a specific strategy doesn't make it the only one. The best strategy for you are the ones you learn to develop yourself. Experiment in dungeons with your powers and the team to choose and learn to put it to your advantage. You must also be prepared to come up with something if your powers don't fall your way. I have no doubts that you will come up with something great that works for you.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
DuncanRoland The E... on May 24, 2014 wrote:
(If you want to skip my rambling, skip to the 7th line.) Alright I'm back from break and I just went over my posts... and I kinda have to say i'm disappointed with my self a little, I say WHAT to do and how to do it, but i barely mention WHY. So I've been looking at witchdoctors for a bit, and although I haven't seen much in action, when i did, needless to say I was a LITTLE surprised to notice: hey, these guys can do so much better if they just did this/that/thing/thingamabob/etc. What I mean is witchdoctors somehow all got the same stereotypical mindset they see from others and it just happened to... Spread. Now hopefully what I say here will actually come full circle. So I don't have a max witch so I haven't done my theories myself, but I'm pretty sure they MAY work.
So IMO the witch's power gear options/capabilities is the most debatable out of the classes. Other than the Valor's armor stuff, who DOESN'T farm as a witch looking for that? But it isn't just wasted, I did some research (More like stumbled into a paged saying it) and it turns out Witches make more powerful Valor's armors, due to a spooky boost, so keep that in mind privateers! So the Witch Doctor is pretty much on the offensive without the gear, so I would suggest getting defensive gear, like the revive power. not just an extra Mojo storm or whatever suits you. This balances out your offensive & defensive power. Which I believe is always a good thing. (YAY I explained why!) Now in play style, of course that's debatable, you're you and you can do whatever you want. BUT I would suggest being the best of ideas to shield yourself with companions, AKA companion fort. For example, 1v1: THE GRAND AND UTTERLY WONDERFUL AND SPECTACULAR corner. (didn't expect that did ya?) By this I mean shield yourself with melee with you in the corner, making a 2x2 box shape. So yeah, I may have just invented a way to make use of melee companions and a way to protect the person you should believe is most important: Yourself. (Not to the extent of being arrogant and such, but you should know what I mean) Now melee can't come run in and get the jump on you! Whoopee! (Come on, every witch experienced that at SOME point.) Now folks will say: NO! you'll get exploded by privy gun fire and mojo blast and stuff! Simple solution: scatter. That formation is actually easy to quickly spread and avoid that beautiful mojo storm. Pirvy gun fire? Come on pal, it doesn't do much in most cases. (I really hope I just didn't make folks angry right there.) So yeah, that's pretty much it. Feel free to poke holes in this and criticize it and come up with new versions and upgrade the versions I made and etc. as much as you want! Because I have NO idea if anything I just said makes sense. Just like everything else I say.
Alright, time to finish the set of my class specific strategies. (Been weighing on my conscience for a little) I've been staying away from musketeers MOSTLY because they're the ones I least experimented with, but, I have a friend I know who made perks of a Musketeer absolutely broken. I've noticed Musketeers to defect the MOST from their class, delving into slashy or stabby/shooty weapons, Or altogether in a pure melee. It's actually saddening to see. You think Witchdoctor has a mighty ability to cover areas? THINK AGAIN! Musketeers are SPECIFICALLY built for crowd control to a HUGE extent. (If using a rifle. Are those a thing still in higher levels? I hope so, or this will sound pointless.) The shot blasts, strafes, bombs. so forth, Almost EVERY Musketeer power has area of effect or a field movement limiting move. (TRAPZ FTW)Even Witchdoctor can't brag that perk. However you'll either have to emphasize crowd control with companions or use companions with solid singular wallops. Funny enough a handful of Musketeer-Specific companions fit either of those PERFECTLY. Now onto stats and gear. Like I said, I haven't been able to REALLY dig into musketeers, but I've noted That privateer-fueled movesets have been surprisingly effective. Which really makes sense, since Privy powers are never weapon limited. Plus will is Musketeer's secondary stat, so even better. You really want to hit hard and fast or have a sturdy setup game happening though, I've noticed that people that try going too in-between tend to fail in their endeavors. So that's it. Those are all 5. If there's any question at all to how to do things with any of the 5 classes I haven't covered, Simply ask them. I'll probably/hopefully/Would DEFINITELY like to answer within 1-3 days. (2-4 counting moderation time)

Ensign
Mar 26, 2015
Starting Out:

If you're new, and this is your first time playing then this guide would be good for you to read. What I say is from experience and sometimes my opinion. If anyone feels like I am wrong, feel free to correct me! Now, moving on...

Depending on how you're going to play will differ your class. Swashbucklers and Witchdoctors are good if you want to solo. Privateers and Musketeers are mainly in the middle. Having a Privateer friend is good, as they have a lot of buffs and can heal, but if you are a Privateer, watch out for those who are only befriending you for you to help them.

Bucaneers are in the middle as well-- but it could be either way. It's better to multiplayer with them, as your Bucaneer can still do powerful hits while being the 'shield' of the team.

To be honest, I feel like long ranged pirates have a slight advantage over short ranged. I'd have to admit that Swashbucklers are really OP, but ranged pirates can attack the opponent from afar, and their melee companions can distract the close ranged, deadly enemies if necessary. That's why I feel like a long ranged class is best.

On my crew, I have 3 long ranged companions and one melee unit. (The melee unit being El Toro) Being a Witchdoctor, you get Witchdoctor companions at the start of the game. The big attacks and powerful solo attacks with nice range can quickly kill the enemy. Witchdoctor is the best class to solo with.

Since your pirate is the strongest one of the crew, (having many powers) keeping them away from harm and making sure they use all their potential to the fullest before actually dying is important. Close ranged units do have an advantage with their heavy/light armor that's quite buffing, but if the enemy is OP enough they'll slowly wear down your pirate and companion. Unless you're a Bucaneer, whereas it's your job to take hits, anything else is disadvantageous.

Anything else you should learn with yourself instead of reading this boring article! Hope I helped~

Ensign
Feb 14, 2010
Keyboard Shortcuts:

A,S,D, and W or the arrow keys can both be used for movement

X = Activating something, docking at land, and talking to people, but you can click too
N = Turn on and off arrows pointing to locations near you
R = Replying to the last friend that texted to
C= Character Screen
M = Map
Q = Quests
P = Powers
U = Companions
O = hide/unhide chat box
T = Pet Snacks
I = Pets
E = Ship Equipment
F = Friends List
L = Doubloons
B = Backpack

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
* All Classes * Your first step is to choose your prime stats to increase with equipment. Agility, Dodge, Damage, resistance, * seems obvious but I've seen swash's with 3300 health get ahniliated stick to dodge over health ideal dodge for 65 is 160 and up, Resistance is better than armor for swash's cuz musketeers are your biggest worry out there. strength, armor, agility, accuracy, * more than most classes buccaneers need high strength for their criticals to start blade storm chains, high armor is your defense 65 ers should have 100 about, you need agility and accuracy to be high so swashbucklers don't take advantage of your vengeance strike. agility, accuracy, strength, spell power, if you crit on a dmg over area attack that could change the course of battle dramatically, spell power influence your traps, and torpedo attacks, strength will prevent excessive blade storm chains from buccaneers, and of course accuracy because your swash's weakness. SPELLPOWER & WILL IS A MUST, negative agility, health, accuracy, spell power and will will dramatically increase your heals and gunnery attacks, if anything low agility might be a good idea so swashbuckler blade storms are wasted on you.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
DuncanRoland The E... on Apr 5, 2015 wrote:
Alright, time to finish the set of my class specific strategies. (Been weighing on my conscience for a little) I've been staying away from musketeers MOSTLY because they're the ones I least experimented with, but, I have a friend I know who made perks of a Musketeer absolutely broken. I've noticed Musketeers to defect the MOST from their class, delving into slashy or stabby/shooty weapons, Or altogether in a pure melee. It's actually saddening to see. You think Witchdoctor has a mighty ability to cover areas? THINK AGAIN! Musketeers are SPECIFICALLY built for crowd control to a HUGE extent. (If using a rifle. Are those a thing still in higher levels? I hope so, or this will sound pointless.) The shot blasts, strafes, bombs. so forth, Almost EVERY Musketeer power has area of effect or a field movement limiting move. (TRAPZ FTW)Even Witchdoctor can't brag that perk. However you'll either have to emphasize crowd control with companions or use companions with solid singular wallops. Funny enough a handful of Musketeer-Specific companions fit either of those PERFECTLY. Now onto stats and gear. Like I said, I haven't been able to REALLY dig into musketeers, but I've noted That privateer-fueled movesets have been surprisingly effective. Which really makes sense, since Privy powers are never weapon limited. Plus will is Musketeer's secondary stat, so even better. You really want to hit hard and fast or have a sturdy setup game happening though, I've noticed that people that try going too in-between tend to fail in their endeavors. So that's it. Those are all 5. If there's any question at all to how to do things with any of the 5 classes I haven't covered, Simply ask them. I'll probably/hopefully/Would DEFINITELY like to answer within 1-3 days. (2-4 counting moderation time)
Thank you for the added tips for a Musketeer, DuncanRoland! Sorry for taking so long to reply and to thank you (as well as others that I will surely be replying to in the near future)

I have recently started a gunner and rather enjoy the change of pace, using of different companions and new strategies. My only max is a Buccaneer, that I absolutely had a blast playing and ran into little trouble along the way. But being able to switch up to a Musket and experience ranged warfare is pretty rewarding. I'm only a level 17(?) but I must say that so far a musketeer is a pleasant experience. Thus far I have yet to lose much health in battle, much less a companion. Most of the enemies are napping before they even get close enough to attack. I think the ease is also certainly influenced by my gunner being handsomely equipped with nice duds and powers-- Boris thanks you Valkoor!

Now I know that Musketeers will have their fair share of trouble in other worlds (MooShu and Marleybone), but by level 17 it was far, faaaaaar easier than my Buccaneer and Swashbuckler. Being able to set traps, drop bombs and avoid any damage, makes for a quick and decisive victory.

I think your tips are a great guideline to starting and continuing a successful career as a mayhem inducing Musketeer. Thanks again for providing your fellow players with some keys to Spiral success.

Ensign
Aug 02, 2011
I was wondering if someone could help me out. I am a swashbuckler level 43 and I just finished doctor noh. I want to finish the game asap! Anybody around here want to quest together?