Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirates Helping Pirates, (PHP)

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Logan Sharp on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
Well. This is somewhat of an advanced strategy. And is hard to explain. But ill try my best. Ok there are some annoying talents out there. (Owatch. Hold the line. etc...) But there is a way around them. If an ally is on a space in front of you where the ability would trigger. if you run THOUGH THEM to your desired space. You will IGNORE the trigger that hapens when you move into the enemy's epic talent space. Example. Hold the line wil not trigger if you run through an ally. Regardless if you move into another space with them. But note this ignore factor only applies to powers that WOULD AFFECT you in that specific area. If you get caught by someone else. Well thats a differnt story. But thought i would might as well share my info with everyone :D

like i said. I apologize if this was confusing. It is hard to explain. And best way is to SHOW instead if talking bout it. If you need a demonstration. Just give me a few days in advance to meet when and where. Ill do my best to help you out. :D
Thanks for the tip Logan, I understood you 128%. You are right about it being hard to explain and easier to show in battle. In fact, I provided somewhat the same tip/strategy a few pages back, just describing it in a different way. I didn't really include the 'ignore' factor though, so thank you for providing that input. As you noted, 'running through' and using your other crew members as a 'stepping stone, path or walk way' to get to the desired target or square, is a great way to negate the Hold the Line epic talent. I too contemplated the best way to explain that would make sense and like you stated, it's not that easy to- especially for a younger audience.

Also thanks for the added info on watching out for another enemy that may be able to halt your advancement as you advance through your crew member(s). It is very wise to be aware of the other enemies and what they are capable of doing, as you focus on engaging another target.

No need at all to apologize for a great tip, I am sure that most here were able to fully understand what you were demonstrating. By the way, very nice of you to offer in game demonstrations- that's a great idea and hopefully some that may not quite completely understand, will take you up on that offer.

Thanks again, Logan for the excellent tips, strategy and input.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
Logan Sharp on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
Well. This is somewhat of an advanced strategy. And is hard to explain. But ill try my best. Ok there are some annoying talents out there. (Owatch. Hold the line. etc...) But there is a way around them. If an ally is on a space in front of you where the ability would trigger. if you run THOUGH THEM to your desired space. You will IGNORE the trigger that hapens when you move into the enemy's epic talent space. Example. Hold the line wil not trigger if you run through an ally. Regardless if you move into another space with them. But note this ignore factor only applies to powers that WOULD AFFECT you in that specific area. If you get caught by someone else. Well thats a differnt story. But thought i would might as well share my info with everyone :D

like i said. I apologize if this was confusing. It is hard to explain. And best way is to SHOW instead if talking bout it. If you need a demonstration. Just give me a few days in advance to meet when and where. Ill do my best to help you out. :D
Well I THINK I can give a little depth in description because I know what you're talking about. What I'm pretty sure you mean is the fact you can walk through allies on the battle board but not enemies, which makes sense. and I believe you mean if an ally is in the field of effect of an opponent's triggered power via movement (overwatch/repel boarders cheap shot/parting shot and hold the line, you can find out their field of effect by mousing over anyone with that kind of power and it highlights the area in yellow) and if an ally is already in that area (on the outer edge of the highlighted zone of course, wouldn't make sense if not) you can move through them and not trigger it, but if your said ally is OUTSIDE the field of effect, I'm pretty sure it triggers anyway even if you move through them, hopefully that helps explain the hard to explain.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the tip Logan, I understood you 128%. You are right about it being hard to explain and easier to show in battle. In fact, I provided somewhat the same tip/strategy a few pages back, just describing it in a different way. I didn't really include the 'ignore' factor though, so thank you for providing that input. As you noted, 'running through' and using your other crew members as a 'stepping stone, path or walk way' to get to the desired target or square, is a great way to negate the Hold the Line epic talent. I too contemplated the best way to explain that would make sense and like you stated, it's not that easy to- especially for a younger audience.

Also thanks for the added info on watching out for another enemy that may be able to halt your advancement as you advance through your crew member(s). It is very wise to be aware of the other enemies and what they are capable of doing, as you focus on engaging another target.

No need at all to apologize for a great tip, I am sure that most here were able to fully understand what you were demonstrating. By the way, very nice of you to offer in game demonstrations- that's a great idea and hopefully some that may not quite completely understand, will take you up on that offer.

thanks for your kind words :)...its people like you that keep this community awesome!

One of my favorite things to do is fight with easy NPCs and figure out different strategy each time I fight. Because if it happens once, it will happen again :D (unless its a bug >.<)

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:

oh also, if you ever want to meet sometime, give me a day, time, place and ill meet you there :)

(note give me at least 3 days because sometimes the posts take a while to appear)

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
DuncanRoland The E... on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
Well I THINK I can give a little depth in description because I know what you're talking about. What I'm pretty sure you mean is the fact you can walk through allies on the battle board but not enemies, which makes sense. and I believe you mean if an ally is in the field of effect of an opponent's triggered power via movement (overwatch/repel boarders cheap shot/parting shot and hold the line, you can find out their field of effect by mousing over anyone with that kind of power and it highlights the area in yellow) and if an ally is already in that area (on the outer edge of the highlighted zone of course, wouldn't make sense if not) you can move through them and not trigger it, but if your said ally is OUTSIDE the field of effect, I'm pretty sure it triggers anyway even if you move through them, hopefully that helps explain the hard to explain.
Yup. That does help explain it. I thank you for your addition to my post :). But sadly tactics like those are BEST told by showing the example instead of reading it. Anyway thanks for helping others possibly understand my post. :)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Logan Sharp on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
thanks for your kind words :)...its people like you that keep this community awesome!

One of my favorite things to do is fight with easy NPCs and figure out different strategy each time I fight. Because if it happens once, it will happen again :D (unless its a bug >.<)
You are very welcome Logan And thank you for your kind words in return. I think kindness makes everything that much better. If anyone is going to give tips, advice, strategies and input- why not do it in a nice manner. I personally respond better to kind help than, say...know-it-all type of help. I feel that if you have something to offer and if anyone feels they have a better understanding of something in particular, why not share it with others in a positive and friendly way. A little kindness sure does go a long way.

This community should be about players helping and supporting other players, in a productive and courteous way. It should never be about who knows more, who's better, who has the better strategies- instead it should be about everyone working together to produce the best most enjoyable gaming experience possible.

Oh and I agree with you about using NPC enemies to learn more about them and figure out different strategies based on certain scenarios. I usually drop down to one world below my pirate's 'current world' and research against those enemies. My Buccaneer is maxed and I like to battle against various Marleybone enemies because there really is no threat from them, yet you can get in enough turns to really learn about the enemy and come up with different strategies. I love switching gear against the same enemies to see how they 'respond' against various powers and tactics. It is a great way to learn about the ins and outs of the battle and damage systems, Epic Talents and chains, powers, buffs and so much more. Even 'testing' against Aquila enemies, you usually don't face too much of a threat. And due to the nice representation of all class enemies in Aquila possessing max Talent & Epic Talent tiers, it is a great way to experiment and learn as much as possible about strategy against each class.

Again, thanks for the thoughtful words and compliment...and for the in-game invite. You can never have too many Message Board Marauder friends, right? Are you a member on Central? If so, you could shoot me a PM with a True Friend Code or I could send you one. My schedule is pretty hectic and crazy with the babies and lots of activities so often it is difficult to know which days/nights I will be 'guaranteed' to be available, but I am sure we could figure out a time that would work to meet up in the future. If nothing else, w/ the TFC we would be on each others Friend List and may be on at the same time.

Thanks, again Logan.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 26, 2014 wrote:
You are very welcome Logan And thank you for your kind words in return. I think kindness makes everything that much better. If anyone is going to give tips, advice, strategies and input- why not do it in a nice manner. I personally respond better to kind help than, say...know-it-all type of help. I feel that if you have something to offer and if anyone feels they have a better understanding of something in particular, why not share it with others in a positive and friendly way. A little kindness sure does go a long way.

This community should be about players helping and supporting other players, in a productive and courteous way. It should never be about who knows more, who's better, who has the better strategies- instead it should be about everyone working together to produce the best most enjoyable gaming experience possible.

Oh and I agree with you about using NPC enemies to learn more about them and figure out different strategies based on certain scenarios. I usually drop down to one world below my pirate's 'current world' and research against those enemies. My Buccaneer is maxed and I like to battle against various Marleybone enemies because there really is no threat from them, yet you can get in enough turns to really learn about the enemy and come up with different strategies. I love switching gear against the same enemies to see how they 'respond' against various powers and tactics. It is a great way to learn about the ins and outs of the battle and damage systems, Epic Talents and chains, powers, buffs and so much more. Even 'testing' against Aquila enemies, you usually don't face too much of a threat. And due to the nice representation of all class enemies in Aquila possessing max Talent & Epic Talent tiers, it is a great way to experiment and learn as much as possible about strategy against each class.

Again, thanks for the thoughtful words and compliment...and for the in-game invite. You can never have too many Message Board Marauder friends, right? Are you a member on Central? If so, you could shoot me a PM with a True Friend Code or I could send you one. My schedule is pretty hectic and crazy with the babies and lots of activities so often it is difficult to know which days/nights I will be 'guaranteed' to be available, but I am sure we could figure out a time that would work to meet up in the future. If nothing else, w/ the TFC we would be on each others Friend List and may be on at the same time.

Thanks, again Logan.
sadly though i am not a member on central,

also just in case anyone else wants to add, ill give out a few more codes

X3SGXX8T
YVO3LPYE
WKKUW4AM
U4P44YWD
27X7K00U

note these TFC's are on my Witchdoctor who i am currently working on, if you want one of my maxes (PT,MK,SB) just let me know as well

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Gruesome Richard on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
Buffing ( Probably has been discussed already )

Now, for those whom are experienced, this seems like a simple topic, but I have seen many Privateers as high as the 50's whom never touch their useful buffs.

Buffing is perhaps 30% of the battle. For Privateers, it's arguably 90% ish. Buffs can easily tilt the battle to your advantage if used correctly and with strategy. There are tons of buffs in the games, and I'll review over the ones I know of.

Offensive Buffs
These buffs are the ones that many Pirates use near the beginning of battle. These include buffs that increase your damage output as well as slightly reduce the enemy's damage output, depending on the buff and their class. Let's take my favorite buff, Great Juju, for example. This buff increases the stat of use of any surrounding companions/allies/pets. If a companion like Bonnie Anne were to be next to you, her Agility stat will be affected by this buff, increasing her Base Agility by 100%, thus increasing her damage output and possibly help her resist damage from enemies, again depending on their class. There are some exceptions to class and stat increased. From my experience, Lucky Jack Russell uses Strength for his weapon, not Will, presumably from the fact he uses a "strengthy" looking weapon. I know the Marleybone Swordsman companion (Don't remember the name) also uses Strength, despite being a Privateer companion. Many other buffs also don't require your companions/friends/allies/pets. Buffs that fall into this category are those that only buff one Core stat such as Whale's Might which buffs Strength only to those whom use Strength.

Defensive Buffs
These buffs are definitely ones you'll want to have laying around. These buffs are what help you and your team to help resist damage. These are definitely buffs you'll want to use against tough enemies whom you know will deal some serious damage. The most prominent ones are the powers from both the Buccaneers and the Privateers. Buccaneers get a series of defensive powers to help defend their title, The Tank of the Pirates, the most prominent being Leviathan's Call. ( All of their defensive powers can be given via rare no auction gear drops ) this power halves the incoming damage from Guns and Melee, but not from Magic. Useful when fighting Zeena and her comrades, or Rooke and his intimidating crew! Privateers also have 3 defensive buffs, but 2 of those 3 are definitely the most useful: Valor's Fortress and Valor Shield. Valor's Fortress halves all incoming damage from almost every power ( I believe Witchdoctor powers are the exception, but I am not too sure ). Valor's Shield Absorbs 5x the max damage of the enemy. Ie: Enemy has 150-230 damage Range. Valor's Shield absorbs 1150 damage + extra from Will. Pretty handy, eh?

"Luck" based buffs
This is where all the Privateer buffs can go into, as well as the Swashbuckler's Critical Chance increase buffs as well. These buffs are handy to use, but not a 100% guarantee to be successful...
cGonna update this now with the new update coming in.

Offensive Buffs
With the recent change of duration of the many big buffs we know of, like Great Juju and Whale's Might, strategy will have to differ now. As mentioned before, these buffs increase your damage output as well as slightly reduce the enemy's damage input AND their critical chance on you, if their damage stat of use is the one you are buffing yourself with. IE: I give El Toro an Agility buff. The Ophidian Archers now have a less chance of landing a critical on him. These buffs still retain their increase in chance of Relentless/Mojo Echo/Burst Fire activating, assuming you buff the correct stat for each companion. The exceptions to the "assumed" stat boosts are Lucky Jack Russell, Gracie, and, once again, that Dog Captain you get from Marleybone. They are all buffed in Strength, not Will, when using a buff like Juju. Everything else remains the same

Defensive Buffs
As always, you want these guys to stay in your hand. Most of what I said remains the same with the only changes being the duration of the prominent defensive buffs like Levy Call. Consult the quote if you're a first time reader

"Luck" based buffs
This also remains the same other than my explanations of these buffs. Discipline now has a 5% increase of critical, sadly . Many of these buffs had their duration changed, in which Privateers were the biggest to be affected.

If there's anything else I missed, please feel free to quote and add some corrections

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Gruesome Richard on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
To now continue...

Now, to apply this meaning to the description, if your Will damage or bonus, however you'd like to call it, is 20, that means that Fighting Fervor will add 20 damage to your hit. And with Tower of Iron Will, this would add 20 Armor and Resistance to your stats, from what I've experienced. This is where Juju comes to play. Great Juju buffs your Will up by 100% of your BASE Will, assuming your Privateer is level 65, that number would be 70. Now, your Will is 170, increasing your Will bonus by 14, totaling 34 Will Bonus. *insert lines 1-3 here*. And VOILA! A seemingly complicated yet visually simple strategy that can happen in simply 2 turns :)

I apologize for the Privateer-Centered post, I seem to have mastered that class above all else, despite my first pirate being a Buccaneer, but if you guys would like, I can also try to make another strategy to try and test out for your pirates *to all whom read this post*.

* The only thing Fear does is hold you back*
*That, or your overly-protective whom is deathly afraid of you getting injured... Love you mom *

Cunning Ronan Vane
I should get my memory checked on that last paragraph

After a sudden closure of Google Chrome, I must now rewrite this entire post, from scratch. ( No pun intended)
Onward, to another class!

Buccaneer
That's right! I've entered the land forbidden by 70% of all PVP players! The tank that can't be taken down by simple brute force, the muscle of the operations, the unrelenting menace, the Buccaneer!

For starters, this class is widely underestimated. Their defensive spells are awesome. Their armor is awesome. Their accuracy debuffs are awesome. Their Vengeance Strike 3 and ability to stun is awesome. Their Hold the Line 3 and ability to reduce the dodge of all who dare to approach this pirate is awesome. I mean really, anyone who can read this paragraph can make the guess that this class is.... uh... what was that word again?

Oh right.

AWESOME

Anyways, many Buccaneers utilize many different strategies when in battle. Some use defensive buffs, then plow into battle. Others use a Strength buff or 2, and then use a charge. Since any strategy I put may be biased, I will simply elaborate on the many epics and talents Buccaneers have.

( Copied and pasted from a post I made on another thread )

Vengeance Strike is definitely a very useful epic to have, claiming it to be useless or just annoying when dealing with those "first strikers" is simply just an overlook on strategy. True, it only activates with a melee hit, but then again, that isn't really a valid argument since Buccaneers are meant to have big and scary weapons, not always guns. There's a reason Buccaneers receive their defensive buffs, and it's to minimize damage taken from enemy melee hits, so that they can maximize their life on the battle field as well as their uses of Vengeance Strike.

I don't see any uselessness with Hold the Line. This is as close to representing a Buccaneer as you can get. A big scary Pirate stopping you from moving past them by just simply standing there. That's the true symbolism of their Strength. Not only that, it can halt enemies from moving towards those companions whom have taken heavy damage. Hold the Line 3 has a more useful effect in that it reduces the dodge of anyone immobilized by it. Try to play around with this epic, positioning yourself in areas in which the enemy will most likely pass. It's a definite life saver.

Buccaneers have 3 main defensive powers. 2 of them protect the user from melee while the last one protects the user from both melee and gun damage. You can't get any more tank than that. Combine this with an enemy who has First Strike ( Rank 1, 2, or 3 ) and your Vengeance Strike will shine. And Buccaneers can STACK their defensive powers, I have seen many people actually complain about this and wish it to be removed. I feel it should remain, as it backs up the Buccaneer meaning of "melee tank".

To be continued...

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Gruesome Richard on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
To now continue...

Now, to apply this meaning to the description, if your Will damage or bonus, however you'd like to call it, is 20, that means that Fighting Fervor will add 20 damage to your hit. And with Tower of Iron Will, this would add 20 Armor and Resistance to your stats, from what I've experienced. This is where Juju comes to play. Great Juju buffs your Will up by 100% of your BASE Will, assuming your Privateer is level 65, that number would be 70. Now, your Will is 170, increasing your Will bonus by 14, totaling 34 Will Bonus. *insert lines 1-3 here*. And VOILA! A seemingly complicated yet visually simple strategy that can happen in simply 2 turns :)

I apologize for the Privateer-Centered post, I seem to have mastered that class above all else, despite my first pirate being a Buccaneer, but if you guys would like, I can also try to make another strategy to try and test out for your pirates *to all whom read this post*.

* The only thing Fear does is hold you back*
*That, or your overly-protective whom is deathly afraid of you getting injured... Love you mom *

Cunning Ronan Vane
To now continue...
With more lazy copy and pasting

Buccaneers have a HUGE variety of gear, and I'm not joking. To name a few, they can get all the Swashbuckler strikes, some Privateer defenses, heals, some Musket powers, many Witch powers ( even with low Will, these powers are still useful ), and even duplicates of their own powers. My own Buccaneer has 3 assassin strikes, and a massive increase in Strength from his gear. If you need help in locating such gear, consult the somewhat-all-knowing Pirate101 Central Wiki for some locations to farm . If you need help, feel free to ask me or anyone else on here!

Buccaneer strikes are the most useful in terms of reducing accuracy, making Musket companions a joke, and every other companion a simple mess. Buccaneers aren't meant to have the strongest strikes, but they are definitely meant to be seen as a threat with these strikes. Even then, with all the gear given to us that contain powerful strike powers, it just makes us all the more powerful. Their strikes and charges also allow one to attack someone far away. IE: If your buccaneer can only move 6 squares, he/she can use a Buccaneer charge to move twice the distance, or up to 12 squares. Very useful in absorbing damage when you combine it with a defensive power.

I feel like my setup was very sloppy, but if I wrote it from scratch, my hands would have withered away from all the movement . Feel free to add any corrections where they seem fit :)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Gruesome Richard on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
To now continue...
With more lazy copy and pasting

Buccaneers have a HUGE variety of gear, and I'm not joking. To name a few, they can get all the Swashbuckler strikes, some Privateer defenses, heals, some Musket powers, many Witch powers ( even with low Will, these powers are still useful ), and even duplicates of their own powers. My own Buccaneer has 3 assassin strikes, and a massive increase in Strength from his gear. If you need help in locating such gear, consult the somewhat-all-knowing Pirate101 Central Wiki for some locations to farm . If you need help, feel free to ask me or anyone else on here!

Buccaneer strikes are the most useful in terms of reducing accuracy, making Musket companions a joke, and every other companion a simple mess. Buccaneers aren't meant to have the strongest strikes, but they are definitely meant to be seen as a threat with these strikes. Even then, with all the gear given to us that contain powerful strike powers, it just makes us all the more powerful. Their strikes and charges also allow one to attack someone far away. IE: If your buccaneer can only move 6 squares, he/she can use a Buccaneer charge to move twice the distance, or up to 12 squares. Very useful in absorbing damage when you combine it with a defensive power.

I feel like my setup was very sloppy, but if I wrote it from scratch, my hands would have withered away from all the movement . Feel free to add any corrections where they seem fit :)
Great input and once again, extremely thorough and informative, Richard!

I agree wholeheartedly and I absolutely enjoy life in the Spiral as a Buccaneer and too think that they are extremely underestimated. Like you said, they are so exceptionally balanced, both with attacking and defensive powers + Accuracy debuffs. I love Vicious strike and the other Buccaneer powers that they have available to them, due to their Accuracy debuffs and extra damage applied to the strikes. As you also noted, they also have access to (and can actually use them to their advantage) sooo many of the other classes powers and buffs. The only problem for me is that I get dropped, what seems like, 5-10 times the other classes gear than gear my buccaneer can use- especially Privateer gear.

I too have 3 Assassin's Strike powers along with 4 Leviathan's Call and 5 Valor's Fortress. Right now I am currently working on getting the Chain of Ares (Vicious Charge) to go along with the other 2 Vicious Charges my buccaneer has. I also am trying to get my hooks on the 2 pieces of gear that Admiral Chen Ling drops- August Zanshi's Signet & Graven Ivory Bauble to give my bucc. a total of 4 Whale's Might (including 1 from training and 1 from Defense Minister's Boots, that I already possess). Plus I have been farming for some Great Juju's, such a valuable power to have for all classes. So far, I know that a buccaneer can equip 4 different ones if so desired- Totem, Charm, Ring and Boots. I also have a set of gear for my buccaneer with 2 Rallying Calls w/100% Will buffs, and 4 Mournsongs, just to change it up a bit and to get a taste for life as a witchdoctor- great for farming low level enemies (you never have to move...super quick for sure!). Although that kind of takes away from the Buccaneer's charging warrior mentality. Oh well, it's still fun to add a little diversity here and there.

Again, I agree that a Buccaneer can be quite a force to be reckoned with if properly equipped, trained and talents wisely distributed. Such a well, balanced class that can make use of so many powers, epic talents (like that Hold the Linex3 you 'spoke' of) their high health and armor and great defensive line of powers and debuffs. It seems that they are quite possibly the class that is best equipped to take advantage of the most powers/buffs from the other classes, when combined with the incredibly powerful weapons that they can equip and receive bonuses from.

Again, thanks Richard for the great info, input and strategies. Superbly done!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Logan Sharp on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
sadly though i am not a member on central,

also just in case anyone else wants to add, ill give out a few more codes

X3SGXX8T
YVO3LPYE
WKKUW4AM
U4P44YWD
27X7K00U

note these TFC's are on my Witchdoctor who i am currently working on, if you want one of my maxes (PT,MK,SB) just let me know as well
I tried the codes, Logan- but I think others beat me to them, because they all said "could not find true friend code". If you would like to post some more that would be great or I could the next time I log in to the game.
Also, I don't know if you were aware but it is free to sign up for Pirate101 Central and it is a safe and great P101 affiliated site. So if you were able to, it might be worth checking out.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
I tried the codes, Logan- but I think others beat me to them, because they all said "could not find true friend code". If you would like to post some more that would be great or I could the next time I log in to the game.
Also, I don't know if you were aware but it is free to sign up for Pirate101 Central and it is a safe and great P101 affiliated site. So if you were able to, it might be worth checking out.
I believe True Friend Codes expire either 24 hrs or 48 hrs, and if you request a new one right after requesting the previous one, the previous one no longer works. So you can't get 5 TF codes to give out for one pirate, sadly.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Crown Shop Tip - The Glitter of Gold (Become a Pack-rat)

This is a tip for any of you out there that are consumed and lured in by the glitter of gold...being as we are pirates, that would probably mean all of us. It is very tempting to want to purchase gold from the Crown Shop, especially at max level when we are desperately trying to scrounge together every coin to properly train our companions, or seeking gold to purchase some new real estate (aka- a new home). The lure of the Crown Shop gold can be quite enticing, especially if you have a decent amount of crowns just 'laying around', calling out to you.

My suggestion is to avoid spending crowns on gold at all costs. First off, we all know (or most) that Friar Sand is the Fort Knox of gold harvesting and farming. Second, Aquila nautical farming always produces a good haul of gold when executed with other pirates and friends. Thirdly(), there are circuits of chests that can be farmed repeatedly and by switching realms to help acquire gold. Those are all good options to help ye plunder the Spirals booty, but often times you may be lured into the 'quick fix' of just purchasing some gold from the Crown Shop. Hold The Line pirates, for there is a better Crown Shop alternative to racking up some high levels of gold (and other goodies as well).

If you feel you must purchase gold from the shop, may I suggest purchasing Tribal Crew Card Packs instead. Now you might be saying, but I don't want that stuff, I want gold. Well, there be gold in them thar packs, maties. To purchase 25,000 gold from the Crown Shop it will cost you a whoppin' 13,500 Crowns- now that's a lot of Crowns...even for a Monarch State. Now a Tribal Crew Pack (TCP) on the other hand costs 399 crowns to purchase and in those packs you can get pirate gear, weapons, mounts, pets, treasures to sell, companion training points and the epic, yet ultra rare chance at a Tribal companion.

All of the pirate gear (Hats, Outfits, Boots & Totems) sell for 1620 gold each (plus the option to keep for your pirate). Most of the weapons sell for around 1000 +/- gold, the 3 type of pets for 1500 gold and the 5 types of mounts for 150 gold (although I keep enough to have 1 of each type for all of my pirates- then sell). Now, the 'treasures' that can be sold to any normal vendor (not ship or housing) can sell for anywhere from 600-6000 gold a piece (in my experiences, and you get a good amount of them).

In my experiences, I average 3000-6000 gold (from selling) per pack and at 399 per pack you could get 33 packs for the same Crowns (13,500) that it cost to get 25,000 gold. As you may be able to see at my average of 3000-6000 gold per pack, that same amount of Crowns could buy you 33 packs which would equate to approximately 99,000 - 165,000 gold. That surely is a whole lot more than 25,000 gold.

Plus, you may decide to keep some gear and/or get some nice housing items, a mount or 2 or 3, some new pets and perhaps even a new member(s) of your crew.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
lol I was offered the same thing in W101 when I was posting, i just didn't like the feel for it and rarely am i on the central zone, unless looking up stuff

but anywho, no biggy, ill just throw a bunch more codes
ill put a space between 4 characters to make it easier

ML2R 07SI
M8OP KU8B
TOHN RZ35
Y7YI 20GY
MFA7 E58S

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Gruesome Richard on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
I believe True Friend Codes expire either 24 hrs or 48 hrs, and if you request a new one right after requesting the previous one, the previous one no longer works. So you can't get 5 TF codes to give out for one pirate, sadly.
Thanks Richard, yeah you're right- I believe it is after 48 hours. And I didn't know about not being able to give out multiple codes at the same time, so thanks for that as well. I see people on central do it in posts so I figured that you could. I agree that it would make sense to allow it.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
Crown Shop Tip - The Glitter of Gold (Become a Pack-rat)

This is a tip for any of you out there that are consumed and lured in by the glitter of gold...being as we are pirates, that would probably mean all of us. It is very tempting to want to purchase gold from the Crown Shop, especially at max level when we are desperately trying to scrounge together every coin to properly train our companions, or seeking gold to purchase some new real estate (aka- a new home). The lure of the Crown Shop gold can be quite enticing, especially if you have a decent amount of crowns just 'laying around', calling out to you.

My suggestion is to avoid spending crowns on gold at all costs. First off, we all know (or most) that Friar Sand is the Fort Knox of gold harvesting and farming. Second, Aquila nautical farming always produces a good haul of gold when executed with other pirates and friends. Thirdly(), there are circuits of chests that can be farmed repeatedly and by switching realms to help acquire gold. Those are all good options to help ye plunder the Spirals booty, but often times you may be lured into the 'quick fix' of just purchasing some gold from the Crown Shop. Hold The Line pirates, for there is a better Crown Shop alternative to racking up some high levels of gold (and other goodies as well).

If you feel you must purchase gold from the shop, may I suggest purchasing Tribal Crew Card Packs instead. Now you might be saying, but I don't want that stuff, I want gold. Well, there be gold in them thar packs, maties. To purchase 25,000 gold from the Crown Shop it will cost you a whoppin' 13,500 Crowns- now that's a lot of Crowns...even for a Monarch State. Now a Tribal Crew Pack (TCP) on the other hand costs 399 crowns to purchase and in those packs you can get pirate gear, weapons, mounts, pets, treasures to sell, companion training points and the epic, yet ultra rare chance at a Tribal companion.

All of the pirate gear (Hats, Outfits, Boots & Totems) sell for 1620 gold each (plus the option to keep for your pirate). Most of the weapons sell for around 1000 +/- gold, the 3 type of pets for 1500 gold and the 5 types of mounts for 150 gold (although I keep enough to have 1 of each type for all of my pirates- then sell). Now, the 'treasures' that can be sold to any normal vendor (not ship or housing) can sell for anywhere from 600-6000 gold a piece (in my experiences, and you get a good amount of them).

In my experiences, I average 3000-6000 gold (from selling) per pack and at 399 per pack you could get 33 packs for the same Crowns (13,500) that it cost to get 25,000 gold. As you may be able to see at my average of 3000-6000 gold per pack, that same amount of Crowns could buy you 33 packs which would equate to approximately 99,000 - 165,000 gold. That surely is a whole lot more than 25,000 gold.

Plus, you may decide to keep some gear and/or get some nice housing items, a mount or 2 or 3, some new pets and perhaps even a new member(s) of your crew.
A small note and warning in regards to this tip, It takes a bit of time and patience. You should empty your pack of all except your 'essentials' because it will fill up rather quickly. And the gold will skyrocket so you will want to be near a housing and free trader vendor, if you are only after companions that is.

My suggestion is purchasing the packs in Marleybone, because you can quickly run back and forth between the totems vendor on The Isle of Dogs, to sell the gear and the housing vendor in Barkeley Square to sell all of the housing items. If you have all the gold you need and are just trying to get a companion from the packs, the housing vendor sells a "large pile of treasure" for 150,000, so it is easy to 'unload' gear and gold when you get close to the gold cap, without having to hit exactly 200,000 (like the Aquila housing vendor). You can always pass on the treasure piles to a new pirate, via the shared bank- although for an astronomically reduced selling price.

Also, the tavern is right next to the totems vendor, which makes it handy for purchasing companion training tomes (if that be why you're seeking gold) and if you do happen to get lucky in receiving a companion- with the tavern close and new mounds of gold, promoting the new recruit(s) with gold will be a breeze.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
Thanks Richard, yeah you're right- I believe it is after 48 hours. And I didn't know about not being able to give out multiple codes at the same time, so thanks for that as well. I see people on central do it in posts so I figured that you could. I agree that it would make sense to allow it.
not entirely, when I got up to 6 codes and tried to request the 7th, it said you have requested too many codes, please wait for some to expire then you can get more, so I think they ALL work

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Logan Sharp on May 1, 2014 wrote:
not entirely, when I got up to 6 codes and tried to request the 7th, it said you have requested too many codes, please wait for some to expire then you can get more, so I think they ALL work
Thanks Logan, for the clarification and insight. I did try all of them (multiple times) and they all said "True Friend Code could not be found". I even tried the new ones, so I don't know what may be going on, because it says they expire after 48 hours, and clearly they all weren't expired when I tried them. Back to the drawing board, I suppose.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hey there Logan. I think I figured out what was happening. I entered one of your codes--ML2R 07SI-- in the Friend Finder Code Option and it accepted it. I was entering them in the True Friend Code option, like I usually do- so that must have been the problem. I think you need to enter the same code now, although by the time you see this, it probably will have expired and we will be back at square one. Maybe not though, so we'll see.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
LITTLE GEAR SHORT CUT TIP- Equipping from the Notification Screen(s)

This is a little tip that is more or less just a minor shortcut for equipping dropped gear. If you are farming for a specific piece of gear or if your pirate receives a drop after any battle, you can immediately equip a dropped item from both the scrolling Notifications at the top and the Notifications Window (by pressing Ctrl-N) without having to go into your pirate's backpack, open the proper item tab and then equip the item.

If any piece of gear in either Notification Screen (scrollin or Ctrl-N) is underlined it means that it is able to be equipped by your pirate. Just left click on the item and, voila- your pirate will now have that item equipped. Like I said, this is just a quick shortcut that can come in handy if your pirate is dropped a piece of gear that you know you want to equip- you con scroll over any drop in either Notification screen to see the item and it's stats. This also saves a tiny bit of time when you are farming for a specific item that you really want. When it gets dropped, just left click to equip!

NOTE- you still have to rearrange your powers if the newly equipped item is gear that has a power card attached, so don't forget about that!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 3, 2014 wrote:
LITTLE GEAR SHORT CUT TIP- Equipping from the Notification Screen(s)

This is a little tip that is more or less just a minor shortcut for equipping dropped gear. If you are farming for a specific piece of gear or if your pirate receives a drop after any battle, you can immediately equip a dropped item from both the scrolling Notifications at the top and the Notifications Window (by pressing Ctrl-N) without having to go into your pirate's backpack, open the proper item tab and then equip the item.

If any piece of gear in either Notification Screen (scrollin or Ctrl-N) is underlined it means that it is able to be equipped by your pirate. Just left click on the item and, voila- your pirate will now have that item equipped. Like I said, this is just a quick shortcut that can come in handy if your pirate is dropped a piece of gear that you know you want to equip- you con scroll over any drop in either Notification screen to see the item and it's stats. This also saves a tiny bit of time when you are farming for a specific item that you really want. When it gets dropped, just left click to equip!

NOTE- you still have to rearrange your powers if the newly equipped item is gear that has a power card attached, so don't forget about that!
Wow, I have always wondered why some are underlined. I could never figure out the common denominator. Lol, told ya math is not my strongest skill.
Thanks Valkoor for solving that nagging mystery for me.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 1, 2014 wrote:
Hey there Logan. I think I figured out what was happening. I entered one of your codes--ML2R 07SI-- in the Friend Finder Code Option and it accepted it. I was entering them in the True Friend Code option, like I usually do- so that must have been the problem. I think you need to enter the same code now, although by the time you see this, it probably will have expired and we will be back at square one. Maybe not though, so we'll see.
ok better idea, want to meet somewhere/sometime? give me a few days in advance, but i can be on at certain times
(please note these are in CENTRAL time zones)
monday anytime after 2pm
tuesday 11-12:50
wednesday anytime after 12
thursday 11-12:50
friday, anytime after 2

let me know a day/time/realm/location, and ill be there :)

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
just quoting for the extra space lol...

BONUS GOLD TIP (when selling)

if you get an item that is from mooshu+ sell the item at a VENDOR instead of the bazaar, there is a very good chance you will double or triple your cash there
example

heroic armor (AQ armor naut 60+) bazaar: 600+ vendor 1500+

just a tip for if your low on cash, dont sell to that greedy bazaar guy ;)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 4, 2014 wrote:
Wow, I have always wondered why some are underlined. I could never figure out the common denominator. Lol, told ya math is not my strongest skill.
Thanks Valkoor for solving that nagging mystery for me.
Well, there you go Chrissy, now you know...and you are welcome. I always had you figured for a math wiz, go figure. I myself have the mathematical intellect of Kobe Yojmbo's mom...that's right, I am quite and utterly moovelous at Cowculus.